PDA

View Full Version : The 76ers are about to get real good in about 3-5 years

Vampirate
12-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Simmons hasn't even touched the court yet, Embid has the potential to be the best Center in the NBA (imagine if Drummond could shoot, maybe not as good as a reboundr) and they are about to receive another top 5 pick.

Once Lebron eventually regresses and the Raptors as well I honestly don't see another team that will have 3 pieces that will challenge them in the East.

nycericanguy
12-16-2016, 12:32 PM
You're right Simmons hasn't touched the court yet so lets wait til he actually performs before we include him as part of a core of a real good team.

Embiid needs to prove he can play a regular NBA schedule first. He plays at a huge advantage right now.

Honestly for all the tanking they've done, they should have more talent. Okafor doesn't fit and his trade value has plummeted and Noel can't wait to get out of there. Saric hasn't looked all that great either, looks like he could be another Mirotic.

tredigs
12-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Simmons hasn't even touched the court yet, Embid has the potential to be the best Center in the NBA (imagine if Drummond could shoot, maybe not as good as a reboundr) and they are about to receive another top 5 pick.

Once Lebron eventually regresses and the Raptors as well I honestly don't see another team that will have 3 pieces that will challenge them in the East.

If everybody stays healthy, develops as expected and they make some smart trades for proven players, yes, they will be good in some time. Or Embiid could simply leave in Free agency after next season and that will be that.

Heediot
12-16-2016, 01:13 PM
They will be filthy. They have Simmons coming, a top 5 pick and the Lakers probable top 10 pick. They also have big man assets to help further improve and consolidate assets. They will be right there with the Wolves and Nuggets as the teams with the best young talent.

Scoots
12-16-2016, 01:14 PM
It's too early to predict how good any team will be next year, let alone in 5 years when none of the players currently on the team are under contract.

Chill.

Miltstar
12-16-2016, 01:28 PM
They could do some real interesting things if Simmons is indeed capable of playing PG... I kind of like the high post/ low post thing they got going with Embiid/Oka

warfelg
12-16-2016, 01:51 PM
They could do some real interesting things if Simmons is indeed capable of playing PG... I kind of like the high post/ low post thing they got going with Embiid/Oka

Embiid expressed his unhappiness with playing the perimeter and not being "into the flow of the game".

I.E. I don't like playing with Okafor.

ewing
12-16-2016, 02:24 PM
They will be great in 10 to 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LanceUpperCut
12-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Happens every year a team is suppose to be great and then they don't. Takes much more then talent or Minny would be a top 3-4 team in the west right now.

aman_13
12-16-2016, 03:06 PM
They definitely have a chance to be special. I really like Covington as well.

tp13baby
12-16-2016, 03:50 PM
You're right Simmons hasn't touched the court yet so lets wait til he actually performs before we include him as part of a core of a real good team.

Embiid needs to prove he can play a regular NBA schedule first. He plays at a huge advantage right now.

Honestly for all the tanking they've done, they should have more talent. Okafor doesn't fit and his trade value has plummeted and Noel can't wait to get out of there. Saric hasn't looked all that great either, looks like he could be another Mirotic.

Yeah Okafor isn't even a top 4 big man in his class.
Embiid has to sustain health.
Simmons hasn't played.
Luwawu still too far away.
Saric is pretty inefficient.

Not saying anything bad, just the fact the 76ers are no shoe in to be great. They like any rebuilding have a lot of work. The potential is there, with solid role players but I think we have been saying that for awhile now.

tp13baby
12-16-2016, 03:55 PM

Embiid has no business playing outside. He is just dominant inside. If he is playing outside, not within the flow of the offense the 6ers are doing themselves and him a disservice.

Jokic and Nurkic went through the same thing. They should not be on the court with each other in my opinion watching Toronto and Philly.

North Yorker
12-16-2016, 04:05 PM
They should be in pretty good shape after this draft, assuming their pick lands in the top 3 and they get another top 10 pick from the Lakers. Most of the lotto talent in the upcoming draft is at PG and on the wing which will help them balance out their roster.

kobe4thewinbang
12-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Or Embid will get hurt again. I'll admit, he's surprised me. But Simmons is busted this season. I don't see them becoming anything relevant, even in the east. Maybe if nothing bad ever happens to them again. But they have real bad luck and horrible drafting.

JasonJohnHorn
12-16-2016, 11:07 PM
No. They're not. They are simply not.

The likelihood of keeping this core together is slim to nil. There are already issue with their front court playing together (akin to Drummond and Monroe) and that's not to mention Noel, who they have completely alienated.

As for Simmons.... they want to put him at point guard, a position he's never played before.

It is unlikely that they will keep any of these players with the losing culture they've worked so hard to build, and the fact that they have a likely top-five pick means they will only draft another player who get injured for his entire rookie year and then gets pi$$ed when he gets dumped on the trading block.

There is no reason to assume that their scouts will suddenly start doing their job right, and that the front office, who has already shown that they have no sense of loyalty (see Hinkie and Noel) will be able to build anything resembling a contender.

I predict high turner and lots of finger pointing.

Alayla
12-17-2016, 12:56 AM
No. They're not. They are simply not.

The likelihood of keeping this core together is slim to nil. There are already issue with their front court playing together (akin to Drummond and Monroe) and that's not to mention Noel, who they have completely alienated.

As for Simmons.... they want to put him at point guard, a position he's never played before.

It is unlikely that they will keep any of these players with the losing culture they've worked so hard to build, and the fact that they have a likely top-five pick means they will only draft another player who get injured for his entire rookie year and then gets pi$$ed when he gets dumped on the trading block.

There is no reason to assume that their scouts will suddenly start doing their job right, and that the front office, who has already shown that they have no sense of loyalty (see Hinkie and Noel) will be able to build anything resembling a contender.

I predict high turner and lots of finger pointing.

I get what your saying and right now everything is being handled very poorly but our core is Simmons Saric and Embiid I really don't see any of those guys going anywhere.

Miltstar
12-17-2016, 02:11 AM
Embiid expressed his unhappiness with playing the perimeter and not being "into the flow of the game".

I.E. I don't like playing with Okafor.

That's fair, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be effective. With Simmons drawing doubles and dishing the rock, him and okafor will have a lot more space to operate, he might change his tune pretty quick.

Scoots
12-17-2016, 10:42 AM
Noel is a free agent next year, Embiid is in 2 years, as is Covington. 5 years from now I'd bet no more than 3 of the current roster will still be on the team, and it could easily be less than that.

Alayla
12-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Noel is a free agent next year, Embiid is in 2 years, as is Covington. 5 years from now I'd bet no more than 3 of the current roster will still be on the team, and it could easily be less than that.

If you are implying Embiid will not be kept through RFA I really don't know what to tell you.
Why people are even bringing it up like Embiid not being kept long term Is something on the table I will never understand. He is the Future of the team.

warfelg
12-17-2016, 11:50 AM
That's fair, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be effective. With Simmons drawing doubles and dishing the rock, him and okafor will have a lot more space to operate, he might change his tune pretty quick.

I doubt it. Okafor clogs lanes offensively. Embiid is shooting 32% from the floor when paired with Okafor. Embiid and Noel as two bigs paired would work because, even though Noel doesn't have great range, he understands how to move offensively and create space while being a threat to score.

Okafor literally is a big dumb lumbering idiot. He's Al Horford.

PAOboston
12-17-2016, 12:23 PM
I doubt it. Okafor clogs lanes offensively. Embiid is shooting 32% from the floor when paired with Okafor. Embiid and Noel as two bigs paired would work because, even though Noel doesn't have great range, he understands how to move offensively and create space while being a threat to score.

Okafor literally is a big dumb lumbering idiot. He's Al Horford.
Ummm...Okafor and Horford are no where close to being the same type of player.

As for the 76ers, I see them languishing at the current pace they are going for a few more years. They have poor ownership/management and have created a losing culture around one of the more prestigious historical NBA teams.

For as many times as they have been in the lottery, they have still not yet gotten a legitimate player out of it. Embiid could be legit from the very little he's played but he's a question mark, especially health wise. Noel is probably the best player they have drafted and he's been treated rather poorly there and is one foot out the door. Okafor has already been dangled in trade talks as his stock has dropped precipitously. Simmons hasn't played an NBA minute yet so I can't really comment on him. I like Saric but I don't think he's going to be a start player but more of a role player who does some things well and palys in the league for like 10 years.

ewing
12-17-2016, 12:29 PM

who is going to double simmons? He cant shoot

warfelg
12-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Ummm...Okafor and Horford are no where close to being the same type of player.

I meant Al Jefferson.

Shlumpledink
12-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Can't get much worse

Miltstar
12-17-2016, 01:18 PM
who is going to double simmons? He cant shoot

when he starts taking point guards into the post they better do something about it haha that man can also pass like Lebron don't forget... I get Embiid and Okafor are struggling to play together now, but they don't exactly have anyone to get them good looks right now. I like Okafor's game a lot, but Embiid is clearly the better player, I would wait and see what happens when Simmons gets back before doing anything drastic. He's gonna change the way the whole team plays

warfelg
12-17-2016, 01:49 PM
when he starts taking point guards into the post they better do something about it haha that man can also pass like Lebron don't forget... I get Embiid and Okafor are struggling to play together now, but they don't exactly have anyone to get them good looks right now. I like Okafor's game a lot, but Embiid is clearly the better player, I would wait and see what happens when Simmons gets back before doing anything drastic. He's gonna change the way the whole team plays

That's not why. It's because Okafor can't play outside the paint. So to accommodate that Embiid is playing on the wings and that doesn't suit him.

Has little to do with getting them the ball and good looks and all to do with best utilized skill set overlaps.

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Embiid gunna leave in a few years and the process will have to be restarted.

ewing
12-17-2016, 03:13 PM

why would you double him and make him a passer? He can't shoot. he will create pace and be exciting in transition but if you think a teenager who has never played PG and can't shoot a basketball is getting you good looks in the 1/2 court you are in for a rude awaking

ewing
12-17-2016, 03:15 PM
That's not why. It's because Okafor can't play outside the paint. So to accommodate that Embiid is playing on the wings and that doesn't suit him.

Has little to do with getting them the ball and good looks and all to do with best utilized skill set overlaps.

but if you put another guy on the floor that cant shoot outside the paint and needs the ball in his hands that will solve everything!!

warfelg
12-17-2016, 03:20 PM
but if you put another guy on the floor that cant shoot outside the paint and needs the ball in his hands that will solve everything!!

Can't tell if sarcastic or not so:
If not sarcastic - Simmons is a driver not a shooter. The two of them constantly in the paint takes away Simmons biggest strength. Hence why a guy like Mozgov never worked with LeBron. Not comparing to two, but guys that can drive don't do well with classic post up scorers in the modern no hand check NBA. Having just Embiid, while he works out of the post, is just dangerous on the perimeter to make you need to follow him, opening up the paint. It's why our Sergio-Henderson-RoCo-Ilyasova/Saric-Embiid lineup works so well.

If sarcastic - LOL you get it.

ewing
12-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Can't tell if sarcastic or not so:
If not sarcastic - Simmons is a driver not a shooter. The two of them constantly in the paint takes away Simmons biggest strength. Hence why a guy like Mozgov never worked with LeBron. Not comparing to two, but guys that can drive don't do well with classic post up scorers in the modern no hand check NBA. Having just Embiid, while he works out of the post, is just dangerous on the perimeter to make you need to follow him, opening up the paint. It's why our Sergio-Henderson-RoCo-Ilyasova/Saric-Embiid lineup works so well.

If sarcastic - LOL you get it.

wasn't sarcastic. I'm also not very high on Simmons but we'll see. He has tools. honestly, i think you are one of few sixers fans that is also a good poster so for you i wish the best for your youth.

Scoots
12-17-2016, 05:46 PM
I think Simmons and Embiid could work together fine. It depends on what's around them and the scheme they run.

ewing
12-17-2016, 07:35 PM
I think Simmons and Embiid could work together fine. It depends on what's around them and the scheme they run.

cause Embiid can shoot. I don't like ball dominate guards that can't shoot. If you make Simmons a FT point thats what you have. I don't think that is his future but he and Emdiid don't look like a bad fit to me.

Scoots
12-17-2016, 08:42 PM
cause Embiid can shoot. I don't like ball dominate guards that can't shoot. If you make Simmons a FT point thats what you have. I don't think that is his future but he and Emdiid don't look like a bad fit to me.

Those 2, a couple 3 and D wings and a good PG who can shoot running pace and space could be interesting.

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 08:49 PM
gimme this Kentucky, UCLA, or UNC team over the 76ers.

Miltstar
12-17-2016, 09:39 PM
why would you double him and make him a passer? He can't shoot. he will create pace and be exciting in transition but if you think a teenager who has never played PG and can't shoot a basketball is getting you good looks in the 1/2 court you are in for a rude awaking

Cuz he's 6'10" and he's gonna take guards into the post... :confused: This thread is also talking 3-5 years down the road I obviously dont expect him to step into a position he's never played and dominate off the get go lol and since when do you double shooters anyways?

ewing
12-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Cuz he's 6'10" and he's gonna take guards into the post... :confused: This thread is also talking 3-5 years down the road I obviously dont expect him to step into a position he's never played and dominate off the get go lol and since when do you double shooters anyways?

OK in 5 years he's going to be Magic Johnson. you put some money on that

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Giannis-the-Goat and LBJ are the only player that can play all 5 positions. Embiid isn't on their level.

Miltstar
12-17-2016, 10:49 PM
Giannis-the-Goat and LBJ are the only player that can play all 5 positions. Embiid isn't on their level.

I'm not talking about Embiid lol get with the program!

Miltstar
12-17-2016, 10:51 PM
OK in 5 years he's going to be Magic Johnson. you put some money on that

No, he'll still be Ben Simmons lol, I honostly haven't seen enough of him to know for sure what he's capable of but from what I saw in the pre-season and summer league he certainly can pass like Magic. Also not sure why people are worried about his shot, he's only 20 years old, Jordan and Lebron both had similar strokes coming into the league.

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm not talking about Embiid lol get with the program!

Simmons or Magic are my guesses then and my point still stands. Simmons can only wish he will be half of what GOAT currently is and well Magic- he can get on GOATs level on NBA Jam but not anywhere else.

Edit: I guess 2k sports would also work

Quinnsanity
12-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Milwaukee is the Eastern team that deserves this thread. Not that I don't like Philly long term, but the Bucks are the prohibitive post-LeBron favorite in the East assuming nothing crazy happens.

Giannis94
12-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Milwaukee is the Eastern team that deserves this thread. Not that I don't like Philly long term, but the Bucks are the prohibitive post-LeBron favorite in the East assuming nothing crazy happens.

Except that we will be organic. By that I mean we won't have to sign or rig the lottery system to get the players to get superstars around Giannis. We will do it the right way.

Miltstar
12-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Simmons or Magic are my guesses then and my point still stands. Simmons can only wish he will be half of what GOAT currently is and well Magic- he can get on GOATs level on NBA Jam but not anywhere else.

Edit: I guess 2k sports would also work

I don't even really understand what you're saying but if you just said Magic Johnson couldn't get on Antetokounmpo's level I think you've lost your mind. I like Giannis too, but referring to him as the GOAT is just strange, even if he winds up being that it's a title you have to earn

ewing
12-17-2016, 11:31 PM
No, he'll still be Ben Simmons lol, I honostly haven't seen enough of him to know for sure what he's capable of but from what I saw in the pre-season and summer league he certainly can pass like Magic. Also not sure why people are worried about his shot, he's only 20 years old, Jordan and Lebron both had similar strokes coming into the league.

Well i'm sure summer league performance made it certain that he passed like Magic,

ewing
12-17-2016, 11:37 PM
i mean he has a higher vertical too. He'll likely be a better passer then Magic

Miltstar
12-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Well i'm sure summer league performance made it certain that he passed like Magic,

You really like to give me a hard time eh? I swear all people do on here is troll... it's a comparison haha i'm not saying he's magic johnson, I meant he's flashy like Magic was...

Giannis94
12-18-2016, 12:02 AM
You really like to give me a hard time eh? I swear all people do on here is troll... it's a comparison haha i'm not saying he's magic johnson, I meant he's flashy like Magic was...
Agree on the trolls part. Only teams that we can talk about are LOL, NYK, and bandwagon squad: CLE, GSW.

ewing
12-19-2016, 08:32 PM
Agree on the trolls part. Only teams that we can talk about are LOL, NYK, and bandwagon squad: CLE, GSW.

Magic is the greatest passer ever, saying he can certainly pass like Magic is laughable. I was giving him a hard time but it's not a troll he's the one that said it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
12-19-2016, 09:34 PM
I think Simmons will play a ton like a young Penny.

Quinnsanity
12-19-2016, 10:47 PM
Except that we will be organic. By that I mean we won't have to sign or rig the lottery system to get the players to get superstars around Giannis. We will do it the right way.

Oh shut up. Maybe if the Bucks had tried to rig the system like a smart team they'd have more than one 50-win season in the past 30 years. By all means regale us with tales of your mighty battles for eighth seeds and franchise icons like OJ Mayo and Dan Gadzuric. You nailed an absolute once in a lifetime draft pick. Congratulations for that. I mean it. But don't act so high and mighty about it. Assuming you win a championship with Giannis as the best player it will be only the sixth time in league history a pick 15th or later has won Finals MVP. Willis Reed and Dennis Johnson played in the 70's so all bets are off. Joe Dumars was absolutely not the best player on his team. Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard are Spurs. These are not replicable conditions. God forbid teams use whatever's at their disposal to get the caliber of player that is usually necessary to win a championship. Just because you lucked into yours doesn't somehow make you better than everyone else.

TheDish87
12-21-2016, 03:35 PM
Oh shut up. Maybe if the Bucks had tried to rig the system like a smart team they'd have more than one 50-win season in the past 30 years. By all means regale us with tales of your mighty battles for eighth seeds and franchise icons like OJ Mayo and Dan Gadzuric. You nailed an absolute once in a lifetime draft pick. Congratulations for that. I mean it. But don't act so high and mighty about it. Assuming you win a championship with Giannis as the best player it will be only the sixth time in league history a pick 15th or later has won Finals MVP. Willis Reed and Dennis Johnson played in the 70's so all bets are off. Joe Dumars was absolutely not the best player on his team. Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard are Spurs. These are not replicable conditions. God forbid teams use whatever's at their disposal to get the caliber of player that is usually necessary to win a championship. Just because you lucked into yours doesn't somehow make you better than everyone else.

sheeeewwwwwwwwwwwww torched em

warfelg
12-21-2016, 03:42 PM

http://www.funnymeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Funny-memes-finish-him-figure-skating.jpg

mrblisterdundee
12-21-2016, 08:48 PM
... if they make the right moves.
If I were Philly's general manager, I would start trading some big men for back court talent. That roster needs to be balanced out.
They should focus on Embiid and Simmons. Trade Noel by the deadline this season while he's still a restricted free agent. Trade Okafor as soon as a decent offer comes along.
At least keep Saric and Covington as insurance until Simmons actually realizes his potential. Both could work at small forward next to Simmons, who I think should play power forward to get more open looks and take better advantage of his athleticism. But if Simmons is actually good in the NBA, then remain open to trading either or both of them.
Finally, Philadelphia should remain open to trading the Lakers pick. Combine that with some of those young guys, and they could get an all-star guard, which is what they need most right now.

JAZZNC
12-22-2016, 04:36 PM

Daaaaaaayum!

That guy is so damn annoying with his "BAE" crap and constantly talking up Gianni and the Bucks. It's like they've actually accomplished something or won something in his eyes. The guy is a joke and his shtick is getting really, really old!

urban85disciple
12-22-2016, 05:43 PM

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

http://i.imgur.com/ZS5J9BM.jpg?fb

Rush
12-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Please do not insult other posters or embed images. Just link to them instead. Thank you.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-22-2016, 07:17 PM
lol these 76ers seem to be the perfect example of "2 years away from being 2 years away."

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2016, 12:51 AM
i mean he has a higher vertical too. He'll likely be a better passer then Magic

That's a pretty bold statement.

Magic was, at the time of his retirement, the all-time leader in assists. And likely would by number two behind Stockton had he not got HIV. That is historically great passing. A rookie who played forward in college moving to PG and not having even played a game yet? I don't think there is anything likely about him being a better passer than Magic. If he is, though, we'll all be in for a treat.

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2016, 12:55 AM
... if they make the right moves.
If I were Philly's general manager, I would start trading some big men for back court talent. That roster needs to be balanced out.
They should focus on Embiid and Simmons. Trade Noel by the deadline this season while he's still a restricted free agent. Trade Okafor as soon as a decent offer comes along.

The problem is that nobody want to trade for them. People would move great talent to pick up Embiid, but he's untouchable to them. Noel... they've tanked his trade value. You won't get much for him.

On paper it looks like they have a lot of assets, but they've done such a p!$$ poor job of managing them....

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2016, 01:02 AM
I get what your saying and right now everything is being handled very poorly but our core is Simmons Saric and Embiid I really don't see any of those guys going anywhere.

It's not just about not seeing them go anywhere; it's also about what you can bring to put around them. Frankly speaking, The Warriors are in a position to be a dynasty, and the Wolves current young core, in my mind, is far superior to the Sixers, who are more on a part with the Lakers.

It'll be a couple years at least before people will have an easy time getting through the Cavs... and Boston seems to be doing a better job of managing their picks and young talent...

Giving that this team is still losing more than anybody in the $#!ttiest conference, I can see all three of these guys getting tired of playing here and at least one of them forcing a trade or taking a qualifying offer when their rookie contract is up so they can go to unrestricted free agency.

They have to bring the talent in to help these guys, and it's very hard to do that. This year, they had a boat load of cap and made no effort to sign anybody of significance.

TheDish87
12-23-2016, 09:44 AM
How are the Wolves so far ahead when we are separated by 2 games and we dont even have Simmons playing and Embiid has been limited?

theducksmuggler
12-23-2016, 11:49 AM
It's not just about not seeing them go anywhere; it's also about what you can bring to put around them. Frankly speaking, The Warriors are in a position to be a dynasty, and the Wolves current young core, in my mind, is far superior to the Sixers, who are more on a part with the Lakers.

It'll be a couple years at least before people will have an easy time getting through the Cavs... and Boston seems to be doing a better job of managing their picks and young talent...

Giving that this team is still losing more than anybody in the $#!ttiest conference, I can see all three of these guys getting tired of playing here and at least one of them forcing a trade or taking a qualifying offer when their rookie contract is up so they can go to unrestricted free agency.

They have to bring the talent in to help these guys, and it's very hard to do that. This year, they had a boat load of cap and made no effort to sign anybody of significance.

Timberwolves 9-19 Lakers 11-21 76ers 7-21...If the 76ers have Ben Simmons the start of this season they have easily 5 more wins while they will have 2 top 10 picks in the upcoming draft while the Lakers will have no 1st round pick and we will have much more cap space then both teams...I would much rather be in the 76ers situation then the Lakers or the Timberwolves personally

Giannis94
12-24-2016, 10:29 AM

I loved Gadzuric, Bobby Simmons, and all the other scrubs that we had over the years as it was a time in my life when I didn't really care about W/L and there were no super teams in the East.

I am well aware of the Bucks mis-management, and the reason we got Jabari was due to injuries as all other moves suggested we were going for the 8 seed.

We (the Bucks) have more titles than 7 franchises combined and would have had 2 had Donaghy not royally ****ed us over.

Just how you say the Bucks lucked into Giannis, the Warriors lucked into Curry, Cavs "lucked" into LBJ, Lakers into Kobe, etc.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Hollidays, Quinn!