PDA

View Full Version : NBA & NBAPA agree on tentative deal

GodsSon
12-15-2016, 02:18 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/2016/12/14/20161214-nba-and-nbpa-reach-tentative-new-cba-deal

The two way contract idea is long overdue. The full implementation of a minor-league system will really help young talent succeed.

IndyRealist
12-15-2016, 04:26 AM
It's kind of strange that teams will get two extra roster spots JUST for two way contracts which can be called up anytime. So essentially they're forcing every team to use the DL or be down two players. No one has details yet, but I hope there's language that says they actually have to play in the DL. I could see teams signing guys to development contracts (which is a much better name than 2 way contracts) and then just keeping them with the NBA team.

Aust
12-15-2016, 05:53 AM
No amnesty, boooooooo :bs:

zookman65
12-15-2016, 09:40 AM
I think the reputation of the NBAPA head Michele Roberts being a negotiating hard-*** had some effect on the speed of an agreement and heading off any work stoppage. Not sure the owners wanted to tangle with this gal.

IndyRealist
12-15-2016, 10:32 AM
I think the reputation of the NBAPA head Michele Roberts being a negotiating hard-*** had some effect on the speed of an agreement and heading off any work stoppage. Not sure the owners wanted to tangle with this gal.

Or it could be that the NBAPA is no longer colluding with the league to rip off the players. Billy Hunter was such a tool.

warfelg
12-15-2016, 10:33 AM
That deal on the surface looks good for the players.

Until you realize the revenue split falls from 53/47 for the player favor to 49/51 owners favor.

zookman65
12-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Or it could be that the NBAPA is no longer colluding with the league to rip off the players. Billy Hunter was such a tool.

Everything I heard and read indicates Michele has much more of the players interest at heart than Billy ever did. She needs to negotiate for the NFL PA. Talk about getting ripped off.

IndyRealist
12-15-2016, 09:06 PM
The precedent is already set. It's a $100k fine, that's what the Spurs got I believe. If a team is willing to take the fine to rest their players, go for it. Otherwise they need to negotiate it into the CBA.