PDA

View Full Version : Your 2017 All-Stars, Today

Chronz
12-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Not a predictions thread, but who deserves it today, pretend there is no fan vote and go strictly by their current season credentials.

To me, the no brainers in the west are Curry, Harden, RWB, CP3, Kawhi, Brow, and Lillard. That takes all 4 of our G spots and Lillard takes one of 2 utility spots. Still got 1 utility and 4 front court spots to fill. Among them are; Gobert, Cousins, Green, Blake. I think it's fair to say those all make it today but feel free to disagree *******.

1 utility spot left in the West, I personally give it to Marc Gasol for the utter leadership he's shown without Conley to keep the Grizz overachieving.

In the East:
Kemba, DeRozen, Jimmy Buckets, Bron, Giannis are locks to start. Love makes his return this year off the bench, Lowry has been fire of late, Isiaah takes the backup spot as well. That's a wrap for the guards. Irving and Wade get the 2 utility spots. That leaves 2 front court players left and they go to ......

kdspurman
12-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Whiteside is prob a lock to make it in this year, no? Paul George for the other spot possibly?

tredigs
12-09-2016, 03:39 PM
John Wall's prob going to get a snub in his career year and we will all hear about it.

Chronz
12-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Whiteside is prob a lock to make it in this year, no? Paul George for the other spot possibly?
Whiteside yeah. Pg has struggled in his new surroundings and he's missed the stretch of games when his team righted the ship. Still it's the East so yeah he's as good a choice as Any i suppose

tredigs
12-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Outside of the fact that Gasol is rebounding like a guard he'd get the nod from me as well. No way should the Grizz be 16-8 and on the heels of the Clippers right now. Blake's been pretty ****** the past few weeks (where they've gone 3-5 and he's averaging 18 on 42% from the field) so we'll see if that trend continues for him/them. It's been a quick and steep fall from grace for those boys.

kdspurman
12-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Whiteside yeah. Pg has struggled in his new surroundings and he's missed the stretch of games when his team righted the ship. Still it's the East so yeah he's as good a choice as Any i suppose

It's the east and you know guys get in cause their names many times lol

HandsOnTheWheel
12-09-2016, 05:23 PM
KD anybody?

tredigs
12-09-2016, 05:39 PM
KD anybody?

Lol good call. He got forgotten in the OP.

With the lack of injuries to big names so far this year (knock on wood), the depth of top-end talent is about as great as there has ever been in the league. Starting to rival the top-end from the late 80's/early 90's right now.

mightybosstone
12-09-2016, 06:08 PM
I think Chronz accidentally left out KD as others have mentioned.

In the West, I'd probably go with something like this:

Starters:
G Russell Westbrook
G James Harden
F Kevin Durant
F Kawhi Leonard
F/C Anthony Davis
Bench:
G Stephen Curry
G Chris Paul
F/C DeMarcus Cousins
F/C Marc Gasol
F Blake Griffin
Wild cards
G Damian Lillard
F/C Rudy Gobert or G Klay Thompson

In the East, it probably looks something like:
Starters:
G Kemba Walker
G DeMar Derozan
F Jimmy Butler
F Lebron James
F Giannis Antetokounmpo
Bench:
G Kyrie Irving
G Isaiah Thomas
F Kevin Love
F/C Hassan Whiteside
F Kristaps Porzingis, Carmelo Anthony, Al Horford, Andre Drummond or Brook Lopez (no clue here)
Wild cards:
G Kyle Lowry
G John Wall or any of the forwards listed above

ClutchTime
12-09-2016, 07:46 PM
John Wall's prob going to get a snub in his career year and we will all hear about it.

I hope not. We still have lots of basketball left but you said it, so far he's having a career year. Career high in PPG, FT%, FG%, FG made and Att. and steals.

believeinNYK
12-10-2016, 02:47 AM
East

G: Kyrie Irving, Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker, Isaiah Thomas
G: Demar Derozan, Jimmy Butler, John Wall
F: Lebron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo
F: Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love
F: Hassan Whiteside
A little guard heavy so one of them might get snubbed for another frontcourt player like Drummond or PG

West

G: Steph Curry, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard
G: Russel Westbrook, James Harden
F: Kawhi Leonard, Gordon Hayward
F: Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin
F: Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, marc gasol
West has a lot more size on the East

Raps18-19 Champ
12-10-2016, 05:25 PM
F- Love, Kristaps
F- Giannis, Carmelo
F- Lebron, Butler
G- Derozan, Lowry, Wall
G- Irving, Kemba, Thomas

F- Davis, Cousins
F- Durant, Griffin, Green
F- Leonard, (Klay)
G- Curry, Harden, Klay
G- Westbrook, Paul, Lillard

Sanjay
01-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Not a predictions thread, but who deserves it today, pretend there is no fan vote and go strictly by their current season credentials.

To me, the no brainers in the west are Curry, Harden, RWB, CP3, Kawhi, Brow, and Lillard. That takes all 4 of our G spots and Lillard takes one of 2 utility spots. Still got 1 utility and 4 front court spots to fill. Among them are; Gobert, Cousins, Green, Blake. I think it's fair to say those all make it today but feel free to disagree *******.

1 utility spot left in the West, I personally give it to Marc Gasol for the utter leadership he's shown without Conley to keep the Grizz overachieving.

In the East:
Kemba, DeRozen, Jimmy Buckets, Bron, Giannis are locks to start. Love makes his return this year off the bench, Lowry has been fire of late, Isiaah takes the backup spot as well. That's a wrap for the guards. Irving and Wade get the 2 utility spots. That leaves 2 front court players left and they go to ......

West:

Starters:
G - Westbrook
G - Harden
F - K. Leonard
F - Durant
F - A. Davis

Reserves:
G - Curry
G - K. Thompson
G - Lillard
F - Cousins
F - Aldridge
F - Green
F - M. Gasol

East:

Starters:
G - Irving
G - Butler
F - LeBron
F - Antetokounmpo
F - Love

Reserves:
G - DeRozan
G - Walker
G - Wall
F - Whiteside
F - Drummond
F - Porzingis
F - B. Lopez

aman_13
01-19-2017, 01:46 AM
Lowry is definitely getting in.

mightybosstone
01-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Lowry is definitely getting in.
I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. The most guards you can basically have on an All-Star roster is six, and that number is typically five. Lowry is competing with Irving, DeRozan, Thomas, Wall, Walker and Wade. That's six right there, and Wade could get in on popularity alone.

I think Lowry deserves a roster spot, but I'm not sure I would call him a lock with as deep as guard is in the East.

aman_13
01-19-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. The most guards you can basically have on an All-Star roster is six, and that number is typically five. Lowry is competing with Irving, DeRozan, Thomas, Wall, Walker and Wade. That's six right there, and Wade could get in on popularity alone.

I think Lowry deserves a roster spot, but I'm not sure I would call him a lock with as deep as guard is in the East.

You can make a case that Lowry has been the best PG in the east. He's third in RPM and leads the the league in RPM wins last i checked. He's definitely getting in. There's only 4 players averaging a least 20 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds and Lowry is one of them, and posting a 64 TS%.

He's definitely getting in.

tredigs
01-19-2017, 02:36 PM
You can make a case that Lowry has been the best PG in the east. He's third in RPM and leads the the league in RPM wins last i checked. He's definitely getting in. There's only 4 players averaging a least 20 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds and Lowry is one of them, and posting a 64 TS%.

General fans/players/coaches/media aren't checking his RPM. He deserves to get in sure, but he's not a lock.

aman_13
01-19-2017, 02:41 PM
General fans/players/coaches/media aren't checking his RPM. He deserves to get in sure, but he's not a lock.

Are you sure? ESPN had an article on him and acknowledging his RPM. I think that stat is gaining more exposure. I will be shocked if he doesn't make it.

tredigs
01-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Are you sure? ESPN had an article on him and acknowledging his RPM. I think that stat is gaining more exposure. I will be shocked if he doesn't make it.

It's a stat they're marketing though. I know for a fact none of my hoop friends know what it is. Only weirdos like us do. IT's gotten a lot of press this season so I think he gets the nod. I do think he gets in over Kemba though. Based on team record and precedent (and he's just better).

Bostonjorge
01-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Thomas is the only guy to move Irving from the starting spot

aman_13
01-19-2017, 03:46 PM
It's a stat they're marketing though. I know for a fact none of my hoop friends know what it is. Only weirdos like us do. IT's gotten a lot of press this season so I think he gets the nod. I do think he gets in over Kemba though. Based on team record and precedent (and he's just better).

Oh i hear ya on that.

I fully expect IT to start but surprisingly heard some media guys mention Lowry as a starter. Jeff Van Gundy didn't vote but said Lowry should start over DeRozan which I'm actually fine with.

Looking forward to tonight's selections.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-19-2017, 03:53 PM
I think Kyrie will end up starting because of his huge lead in the fan vote, though the starting spots should probably go to two of IT/Lowry/Demar.

mightybosstone
01-19-2017, 05:05 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you, sir. Look at my rankings of the East's point guards in that other thread, and you'll see that I have Lowry at No. 1. But, honestly, the difference right now between the best PG in the East and the 5th or 6th best PG in the East is so minute. And it's totally up for interpretation.

I do think he gets in and absolutely should be in ahead of Wade and Walker. But whether fans, players and media see it the same way is another issue entirely.

aman_13
01-19-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you, sir. Look at my rankings of the East's point guards in that other thread, and you'll see that I have Lowry at No. 1. But, honestly, the difference right now between the best PG in the East and the 5th or 6th best PG in the East is so minute. And it's totally up for interpretation.

I do think he gets in and absolutely should be in ahead of Wade and Walker. But whether fans, players and media see it the same way is another issue entirely.

Fair enough. Let's see how it plays out.

Stunner
01-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Jimmy Butler has one of the starting spots on the east

zn23
01-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Lowry and Wall have had better years than Wade and Walker. They should get in over them. However, that's not usually how it goes.

Giannis94
01-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Jimmy Butler has one of the starting spots on the east
Such a shame he's playing for a terribly ran frachise

kdspurman
01-19-2017, 08:23 PM
I thought Wb would start for sure. Guess they didn't want 2 Warriors off the bench

Clint Olbrock
01-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Curry starting over Westbrook is disrespectful.

Giannis94
01-19-2017, 08:38 PM
The fix is on, homie. That's the reasons the Bucs won't best the Cavs in 4 games.

tredigs
01-19-2017, 09:14 PM

Curry's a top 3 player in the NBA, and still better than Westbrook, inflated numbers be damned.

Clint Olbrock
01-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Curry's a top 3 player in the NBA, and still better than Westbrook, inflated numbers be damned.

Psh, it's not a lifetime achievement award.. Westbrook is having a historical season, Curry is having a career worst season in some categories.. Curry doesn't deserve the start.

tredigs
01-19-2017, 10:09 PM
Psh, it's not a lifetime achievement award.. Westbrook is having a historical season, Curry is having a career worst season in some categories.. Curry doesn't deserve the start.

Career worst what, 3pt shooting at 40%? Can't punish him for being so far ahead of the curve that his worst shooting that still ***** on Westbrook's isn't up to his own best. It's still highly elite at a 63% TS on 25 PPG. The only thing historic about his season is that his rebounding numbers are inflated due to them trying to get him rebounds. His assist:to is not good, and his points are just sheer volume. Dude shoots 30% from the field every other game. He DOES deserve to start IMO, but he's not better than Curry (then or now), and it's not exactly a snub to have Harden and the b2b MVP in his prime start over him. The West is stacked, what can you do.

Anyway, Curry got in because of the fans. Media/Players voted Westbrook/Harden ahead of him. Though the palyers also voted CJ McCollum over CP3 (pre thumb injury) and consider Draymond the 9th best west forward, so clearly they're idiots.

Clint Olbrock
01-19-2017, 10:14 PM
Career worst what, 3pt shooting at 40%? Can't punish him for being so far ahead of the curve that his worst shooting that still ***** on Westbrook's isn't up to his own best. It's still highly elite at a 63% TS on 25 PPG. The only thing historic about his season is that his rebounding numbers are inflated due to them trying to get him rebounds. His assist:to is not good, and his points are just sheer volume. Dude shoots 30% from the field every other game. He DOES deserve to start IMO, but he's not better than Curry (then or now), and it's not exactly a snub to have Harden and the b2b MVP in his prime start over him. The West is stacked, what can you do.

Anyway, Curry got in because of the fans. Media/Players voted Westbrook/Harden ahead of him. Though the palyers also voted CJ McCollum over CP3 (pre thumb injury) and consider Draymond the 9th best west forward, so clearly they're idiots.

Idc if Steph is back to back MVP.. That has literally nothing to do with THIS season.. Westbrook is doing something that hasn't been done in 35 YEARS.. Since Magic Johnson.. Put the homer shades down for one second.

tredigs
01-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Idc if Steph is back to back MVP.. That has literally nothing to do with THIS season.. Westbrook is doing something that hasn't been done in 35 YEARS.. Since Magic Johnson.. Put the homer shades down for one second.

I don't care about arbitrary number lines. They have far different roles. Curry's trying to win a title, and he's still better than Westbrook THIS SEASON. In Westbrook's position were Curry to have the ball in his hands to do as he pleased every single possession and could chuck until he was blue in the face, his numbers would be astronomical. Think last years Curry, only on 5 more shots a game and the ball in his hands for 10 more possessions a game. Doesn't make him a better player, it's just a different situation (though Curry was in fact playing better last year). What I'm saying is that the only thing "historic" about Westbrook's season when you really think about it is that it's hyped by the media (a number of players are doing things this season "never done in 30X years!", we just don't care because it's not hyped... much like the triple-double wasn't hyped what so ever in Oscar's time. It wasn't a thing). He's rebounding a lot. Nothing else is historic.

Shammyguy3
01-19-2017, 10:34 PM

I agree, except the bolded

Westbrook 458 assists 241 turnovers = 1.9 ratio
Curry 255 assists 126 turnovers = 2.0 ratio

That's impressive considering Westbrook has a usage rate of 41.9% with only a 16.3% turnover rate. In comp, Curry has a 28.9% usage rate and a 13.2% turnover rate.

More-Than-Most
01-19-2017, 10:42 PM

The thing is westy wasnt doing this with Durant for a reason... Now durant goes to where curry is and is having to deal with the same thing but to a greater level because he has to change his game up and share it even more... I see both sides and agree that westy should start but can we really call him the better player?

Clint Olbrock
01-19-2017, 11:03 PM
I don't care about arbitrary number lines. They have far different roles. Curry's trying to win a title, and he's still better than Westbrook THIS SEASON. In Westbrook's position were Curry to have the ball in his hands to do as he pleased every single possession and could chuck until he was blue in the face, his numbers would be astronomical. Think last years Curry, only on 5 more shots a game and the ball in his hands for 10 more possessions a game. Doesn't make him a better player, it's just a different situation (though Curry was in fact playing better last year). What I'm saying is that the only thing "historic" about Westbrook's season when you really think about it is that it's hyped by the media (a number of players are doing things this season "never done in 30X years!", we just don't care because it's not hyped... much like the triple-double wasn't hyped what so ever in Oscar's time. It wasn't a thing). He's rebounding a lot. Nothing else is historic.

Putting Steph in Westbrook's position.. He wouldn't average a triple-double.. He doesn't even have ONE this season.. He only has 5 in his career..

You talk about hype.. Curry is ALL hype.. Dude is a shooter who is having the worst shooting numbers of his career, THIS season.

The discussion isn't about who is the better player.. It never was.. It's not a lifetime achievement award.

Wes is more deserving of the start, based on THIS season..

kdspurman
01-19-2017, 11:04 PM
The thing is westy wasnt doing this with Durant for a reason... Now durant goes to where curry is and is having to deal with the same thing but to a greater level because he has to change his game up and share it even more... I see both sides and agree that westy should start but can we really call him the better player?

Idk if he's the better player, probably not. But he's having a better first half of the year this season, at least IMO.

Bostonjorge
01-19-2017, 11:21 PM
How can the league MVP not be starting?

tredigs
01-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Putting Steph in Westbrook's position.. He wouldn't average a triple-double.. He doesn't even have ONE this season.. He only has 5 in his career..

You talk about hype.. Curry is ALL hype.. Dude is a shooter who is having the worst shooting numbers of his career, THIS season.

The discussion isn't about who is the better player.. It never was.. It's not a lifetime achievement award.

Wes is more deserving of the start, based on THIS season..

WTF does having triple doubles have to do with who would be better? Again you're stuck on rebounding numbers for a PG. Lmao at "Curry is ALL hype". He's an absolute offensive monster who bends opposing defenses more than anyone in history. He's a better offensive player than Westbrook, then, and now. If you want Westbrook to start the game because he has a usage rate that ranks #1 in NBA history and because he's a good rebounder, that's your prerogative. I too have no problem with him starting. But, the fans disagreed. They wanted the MVP.

Clint Olbrock
01-19-2017, 11:38 PM
WTF does having triple doubles have to do with who would be better? Again you're stuck on rebounding numbers for a PG. Lmao at "Curry is ALL hype". He's an absolute offensive monster who bends opposing defenses more than anyone in history. He's a better offensive player than Westbrook, then, and now. If you want Westbrook to start the game because he has a usage rate that ranks #1 in NBA history and because he's a good rebounder, that's your prerogative. I too have no problem with him starting. But, the fans disagreed. They wanted the MVP.

Wes led in media and player voting.. BARELY missed the fan vote.

If averaging a triple-double is SO easy, why doesn't everyone do it smart guy? Why don't more people just get trip-dubs in a single game? If it were so easy to average a triple-double the list wouldn't be so small and the last time it happend wouldn't be 35 years ago..

Steph is the PREVIOUS MVP.. Not THIS season..

You're hung up on making the ASG about lifetime achievements........

Bostonjorge
01-19-2017, 11:41 PM
Westbrook is the league leading scorer and #2 in assists only behind Harden. How is Westbrook not starting again?

tredigs
01-19-2017, 11:51 PM
Wes led in media and player voting.. BARELY missed the fan vote.

If averaging a triple-double is SO easy, why doesn't everyone do it smart guy? Why don't more people just get trip-dubs in a single game? If it were so easy to average a triple-double the list wouldn't be so small and the last time it happend wouldn't be 35 years ago..

Steph is the PREVIOUS MVP.. Not THIS season..

You're hung up on making the ASG about lifetime achievements........

Bro, as I explained, I don't care about triple doubles - nor did I say they were easy to accomplish. As I stated, he's clearly a very good rebounder for a guard. Curry's on pace for 300+ threes (on 40%... equivalent to 60% from the field). Guess who's done that other than himself? Nobody ever. Giannis is averaging >23 PPG, > 7 RPG, > 5.5 APG and > 2 BLK. Guess who's done that? Nobody ever. I get that you're influenced by the hype and think that "10" matters, but the fact of the matter is that "never been done, or hasn't been done in 30X years" is something that happens every year, we just don't always hear about it because they don't fit the narrative. And sometimes these players don't start, especially when two players of Curry/Harden's caliber are the other guards.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-20-2017, 02:31 AM
Smush bro

Clint Olbrock
01-20-2017, 04:10 AM
Bro, as I explained, I don't care about triple doubles - nor did I say they were easy to accomplish. As I stated, he's clearly a very good rebounder for a guard. Curry's on pace for 300+ threes (on 40%... equivalent to 60% from the field). Guess who's done that other than himself? Nobody ever. Giannis is averaging >23 PPG, > 7 RPG, > 5.5 APG and > 2 BLK. Guess who's done that? Nobody ever. I get that you're influenced by the hype and think that "10" matters, but the fact of the matter is that "never been done, or hasn't been done in 30X years" is something that happens every year, we just don't always hear about it because they don't fit the narrative. And sometimes these players don't start, especially when two players of Curry/Harden's caliber are the other guards.

Yeah, you don't care because it's not Steph putting up a triple-double because the man boy can't..

There is skill and value in what he does no matter how much you poo-poo it..

Wes is having a great season, Curry is having a down year.. Wes deserves to start over Curry, end of story.

Shammyguy3
01-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Yeah, you don't care because it's not Steph putting up a triple-double because the man boy can't..

There is skill and value in what he does no matter how much you poo-poo it..

Wes is having a great season, Curry is having a down year.. Wes deserves to start over Curry, end of story.

That Wes is having a great season and Curry is having a down year doesn't mean Wes is the better player. Does Westbrook having this historic season make him better than prime Jordan, prime Lebron, prime Shaq? No, so why would it automatically make him better than Curry and mean he should start ahead of him?

Clint Olbrock
01-20-2017, 10:37 AM
That Wes is having a great season and Curry is having a down year doesn't mean Wes is the better player. Does Westbrook having this historic season make him better than prime Jordan, prime Lebron, prime Shaq? No, so why would it automatically make him better than Curry and mean he should start ahead of him?

IT'S NOT A LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD!

It's the 2017 ASG.. For the 2016-17 season.. The season in which Wes is having career and historic highs, the season Curry is having lows..

Not that hard to grasp.

warfelg
01-20-2017, 11:19 AM

It's the 2017 ASG.. For the 2016-17 season.. The season in which Wes is having career and historic highs, the season Curry is having lows..

Not that hard to grasp.

Look no further than how the players voted. They make a joke of it.

Clint Olbrock
01-20-2017, 12:26 PM

Not even every player submitted a ballot, which is absurd.

warfelg
01-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Not even every player submitted a ballot, which is absurd.

I don't like that this is an exhibition game for the fans; but media and players now have equal say.

I mean in one way it saved us from Zaza Pachula being an All-Star starter.

Clint Olbrock
01-20-2017, 12:56 PM
I don't like that this is an exhibition game for the fans; but media and players now have equal say.

I mean in one way it saved us from Zaza Pachula being an All-Star starter.

True, i just think it's dumb that every player couldn't take a few minutes to write 10 names down.

Vee-Rex
01-20-2017, 01:11 PM
I think Westbrook should be starting, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GnJ7xe-2MY

COME ON, BRUH

SteBO
01-20-2017, 02:17 PM

Not that hard to grasp.
No **** Curry is having relative lows, he's got Durant on his team and yet he's still on pace for achievements no other player has, which tre laid out already. For the record, I think Westbrook should be starting because he's been insane his year, but Steph is not only the more popular player, he's the better player. That's how ASG starters have always been decided and this year ain't much different. Curry starting isn't the travesty you're making it out to be.

aman_13
01-20-2017, 02:58 PM
150 players did not vote for KD as an starter. 120 didn't vote for LeBron.

Clint Olbrock
01-20-2017, 03:23 PM
No **** Curry is having relative lows, he's got Durant on his team and yet he's still on pace for achievements no other player has, which tre laid out already. For the record, I think Westbrook should be starting because he's been insane his year, but Steph is not only the more popular player, he's the better player. That's how ASG starters have always been decided and this year ain't much different. Curry starting isn't the travesty you're making it out to be.

It's not about if the guy has had a better career.. Wes is by far having the better season.. The new system was supposed to eliminate this lifetime achievement award madness and fan vote ignorance.

warfelg
01-20-2017, 03:31 PM
It's not about if the guy has had a better career.. Wes is by far having the better season.. The new system was supposed to eliminate this lifetime achievement award madness and fan vote ignorance.

Yet the players did it for Melo...

Shammyguy3
01-20-2017, 06:28 PM

Not that hard to grasp.

Which again doesn't mean Westbrook's best season is better than Curry's "worst" season. The tallest midget doesn't mean one is tall, the shortest giant doesn't mean one is short

Clint Olbrock
01-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Which again doesn't mean Westbrook's best season is better than Curry's "worst" season. The tallest midget doesn't mean one is tall, the shortest giant doesn't mean one is short
With confidence and a straight face you can tell me Curry is having a better season than Westbrook?

Shammyguy3
01-20-2017, 07:32 PM
With confidence and a straight face you can tell me Curry is having a better season than Westbrook?

Yes. Westbrook's rebounding numbers are inflated because his teammates are letting him grab rebounds. Put Curry on the Warriors and the same thing would happen. His assist numbers are in line with last year's (last year 10.9apg per 36, this year 10.8apg per36).

So really all you have is a player given 3 more free rebounds and asked to take 6 more shots because a player on last year's team named Kevin Durant (who took over 19 attempts per game) is missing.

His efficiency is good, not great. 54.3ts% 110 ORtg versus Curry's 62.5ts% and 118 ORtg. Westbrook deserves to start, but i don't think his season is any better because it's simple inflation.

Stunner
01-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Some players yea they made a joke but the players and media voted for Russ and Harden . Fans are the reason Curry got the start

mrblisterdundee
01-20-2017, 10:44 PM
West
B: Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry
B: James Harden, Klay Thompson
F: Kawhi Leonard, Gordon Hayward
F: Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, LaMarcus Aldridge
F: Anthony Davis, Rudy Gobert, DeAndre Jordan

East
B: Kyle Lowry, Isaiah Thomas
B: DeMar DeRozan, Kyrie Irving
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jimmy Butler, Paul George
F: LeBron James, Kevin Love
F: Joel Embiid, Al Horford, Dwight Howard

My most difficult decision in the west was Gobert over Marc Gasol, who's morphed into Brook Lopez with better defense and passing. Gobert is the better rim protector, anchoring a better defense.
In the east, it was George over Kristaps Porzingis, who's hamstrung right now in New York City by bad management and roster-building. I fully expect Porzingis to be an all-star, once Carmelo Anthony and Derrick Rose get out of the way.

Clint Olbrock
01-21-2017, 02:00 AM
Yes. Westbrook's rebounding numbers are inflated because his teammates are letting him grab rebounds. Put Curry on the Warriors and the same thing would happen. His assist numbers are in line with last year's (last year 10.9apg per 36, this year 10.8apg per36).

So really all you have is a player given 3 more free rebounds and asked to take 6 more shots because a player on last year's team named Kevin Durant (who took over 19 attempts per game) is missing.

His efficiency is good, not great. 54.3ts% 110 ORtg versus Curry's 62.5ts% and 118 ORtg. Westbrook deserves to start, but i don't think his season is any better because it's simple inflation.

STRONGLY and firmly disagree.

Westy puts up more points, assists and rebounds, has a better PER too. Hell, the one dude showed Rus has a better assist to turnover ratio than Curry on a historic usage, impressive!

There is zero chance Curry could do what Wes does, with roles reversed.

Wes had almost identical assist numbers last season playing WITH KD..

You can poo-poo Rus rebound numbers all you want. The dude is out here grabbing em, just because your boy don't put in the work, doesn't mean no one does.

Westbrook got ripped off because of ill advised "fans" of the game, like you.

Shammyguy3
01-21-2017, 11:49 PM
STRONGLY and firmly disagree.

Westy puts up more points, assists and rebounds, has a better PER too. Hell, the one dude showed Rus has a better assist to turnover ratio than Curry on a historic usage, impressive!

There is zero chance Curry could do what Wes does, with roles reversed.

Wes had almost identical assist numbers last season playing WITH KD..

You can poo-poo Rus rebound numbers all you want. The dude is out here grabbing em, just because your boy don't put in the work, doesn't mean no one does.

Westbrook got ripped off because of ill advised "fans" of the game, like you.

His PER is directly influenced by points assists and rebounds all of which are inflated based on his team both needing him and letting him pad his numbers. And I was the user that posted their assist to turnover ratios.

There is zero chance Wes could do what Curry does if roles were reversed also- meaning be an efficient basketball player in all aspects of the game

I'm not necessarily poo-pooing his numbers but trying to provide context on them. And Curry isn't my boy - I'm a Bulls fan and don't care about starters or non starters in the all star game, a meaningless exhibition game that gets less fun to watch every year

Clint Olbrock
01-22-2017, 07:39 AM
His PER is directly influenced by points assists and rebounds all of which are inflated based on his team both needing him and letting him pad his numbers. And I was the user that posted their assist to turnover ratios.

There is zero chance Wes could do what Curry does if roles were reversed also- meaning be an efficient basketball player in all aspects of the game

I'm not necessarily poo-pooing his numbers but trying to provide context on them. And Curry isn't my boy - I'm a Bulls fan and don't care about starters or non starters in the all star game, a meaningless exhibition game that gets less fun to watch every year

Well, everyone seems to like RPM.. Rus has a better RPM than Curry too.