PDA

View Full Version : Pick your All Stars!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah a bit early into the season. But any way pick 7 front court players and 5 backcourt players for East and West. Maybe even pick 3 subs incase of injuries. I'm still compiling a list of names yet. Who you got?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-29-2016, 12:11 PM
EAST Frontcourt

LeBron,Melo,PG13,Drummond,Millsap,Love,Giannis

EAST Backcourt

DeRozan,Butler,Irving,IT,Lowry

Injury subs: Wall,Wade,KP

WEST Frontcourt

Davis,Durant,Leonard,Green,Aldridge,Griffin,Cousin s

WEST Backcourt

Curry,CP3,Westbrook,Harden,Klay

Injury Subs: Lilliard,McCollum,KAT

This gave me headache. It's not all that easy based on popularity votes/fan votes and coaches votes and injury subs also as well as based on records and stats. Plenty of teams got snubbed in the west as in Grizzlies and Lakers and Jazz for being playoff teams. Cause Warriors and Spurs are stacked. East was somewhat easy. Just go by record and pick guys from them teams then borderline playoff teams maybe get the nod. But with season young yet some teams could nose dive and that popular vote could wash away as well. Or a losing team could pull off a win now trade and squeak in for a vote. Also looked at last years players as well. Injury subs are kinda up in the air since the season just got going ten or so games in and injuries to some guys so they be snubbed easily. I could be missing a few players as well.

Giannis94
11-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Giannis is BAE.

DanG
11-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Giannis is BAE.

empty stats :hide:

warfelg
11-29-2016, 12:42 PM
I don't expect it to happen, but if Embiid keeps this up he could get some love.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2016, 12:47 PM
I don't expect it to happen, but if Embiid keeps this up he could get some love.

really bad teams rarely get all stars

warfelg
11-29-2016, 12:59 PM

It's why I don't expect it to happen.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Yeah only time non-playoff players gets in are cause of coaches votes or crazy fan votes.

tredigs
11-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Or guys who play <23 mpg who have medically sat 1/3rd of his teams games this season. He's been awesome, but has no right in an ASG unless he's voted in.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-29-2016, 01:43 PM

Bucks outside looking in for playoffs at #9 seed or so. They're on the Knicks back scratching for 8th seed. But Giannis 20/8/6/2/2 is impressive. Them are LeBron, Pippen numbers. Even worse case Giannis could be a coaches vote since Milwaukee's small market and wont get a couple million votes. Or even a injury sub in. Pistons and Wizards are behind the Bucks but I was nice enough to go by last years fans votes for Drummond and Wall.

Well Wall I have on injury sub. Since I was nice enough to have Irving and Love in it this year. Since they have best record and champs. Celtics are playoffs as of now but Hordford been injured a few games so I gave him the snub. Be if he comes back and goes wild and Celtics move up the charts then Hordford could make a case and be in and Giannis drops down and takes Wall spot on injury list.

tredigs
11-29-2016, 01:58 PM
I'll pick players I think should get the nod rather than who will, because that's two different debates:

West:

G: Curry
G: Westbrook
G/F: Harden (similar to last year where we saw Kobe in the forward slot)
F: Durant
F: Anthony Davis

Reserves: Kawhi Leonard, Chris Paul, Mike Conley, Blake Griffin, Draymond Green, Demarcus Cousins, Damian Lillard.

East:

G: Kemba Walker
G: Jimmy Butler
F: Lebron
F: Giannis
F: K Love

Reserves: IT, Wall, Derozan, Paul George, D Howard, Kristaps, Irving

nycericanguy
11-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Yeah only time non-playoff players gets in are cause of coaches votes or crazy fan votes.

Milsap over Porzingis? Milsap has been pretty meh this season, shooting 43% and 32% from 3... scoring just 16 per game on 14 FGA. I don't see how you could pick him over KP.

nycericanguy
11-29-2016, 02:02 PM
Melo vs PG13 is an interesting early season debate.

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2016, 02:04 PM
East:
Guard: Kyle Lowry, Isaiah Thomas, Kemba Walker
Guard: DeMar DeRozan, Kyrie Irving
Forward: LeBron James, Jimmy Butler, Paul George
Forward: Kevin Love, Kristaps Porzingis
Center: Dwight Howard, Hassan Whiteside
Subs: Paul Milsap, John Wall, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Dwyane Wade

West:
Guard: Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, Chris Paul
Guard: James Harden, Damian Lillard
Forward: Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard
Forward: Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin
Center: DeAndre Jordan, Karl-Anthony Towns, DeMarcus Cousins
Subs: Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, LaMarcus Aldridge, Andrew Wiggins

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2016, 02:21 PM

It's not a huge gap, but George's superior defense, along with his slightly better passing and shooting, places him clearly higher than Anthony.

mrblisterdundee
11-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Milsap over Porzingis? Milsap has been pretty meh this season, shooting 43% and 32% from 3... scoring just 16 per game on 14 FGA. I don't see how you could pick him over KP.

I was on the fence about this too, considering Milsap provides some more intangible benefits with his generally excellent defense. But I actually edited my post to bench Milsap and replace him with Porzingis, who's already taken over as New York's best player.

nycericanguy
11-29-2016, 02:29 PM
I was on the fence about this too, considering Milsap provides some more intangible benefits with his generally excellent defense. But I actually edited my post to bench Milsap and replace him with Porzingis, who's already taken over as New York's best player.

i think at this point in his career Milsap's D is overrated. From what i've seen he's not really anything special. KP's defense and all around game is coming around. 5 blocks last night.

KP has a chance to lead the team in blocks, 3pt FG made, scoring, rebounding, FTA and made this year... and could be a 50/40/90 guy as soon as this year...

Giannis94
11-29-2016, 02:48 PM

lol. Then Westbrooks doesn't deserve the ASG either then if thats the case.

IndyRealist
11-29-2016, 03:17 PM
i think at this point in his career Milsap's D is overrated. From what i've seen he's not really anything special. KP's defense and all around game is coming around. 5 blocks last night.

KP has a chance to lead the team in blocks, 3pt FG made, scoring, rebounding, FTA and made this year... and could be a 50/40/90 guy as soon as this year...
He's shooting 79% of FTs, 90% would be a HUGE jump. At his current rate of free throws he would have to shoot 248 out of 266 the rest of the way to hit 90%. He's already missed 15 free throws through 17 games, and to make 90% he can only miss 18 the rest of the season.

nycericanguy
11-29-2016, 03:22 PM
He's shooting 79% of FTs, 90% would be a HUGE jump. At his current rate of free throws he would have to shoot 248 out of 266 the rest of the way to hit 90%. He's already missed 15 free throws through 17 games, and to make 90% he can only miss 18 the rest of the season.

ok man, I realize you hate KP...lol maybe this year was a reach, he started off really bad at the FT line for some reason. but he's back on track now. Last season he was at 83%. I definitely think he will flirt with 50/40/90 in the future.

I wonder, has there ever been a player that led the team in PPG, RPG, FG %, FT %, FT's made. 3pt %, 3pt made, AND blocks? He seems like he'll be around those categories quite often.

SeoulBeatz
11-29-2016, 04:21 PM

Considering his ridiculous social media presence/hype there is a good chance he'll get a bunch of undeserved votes. He won't make it though (as he shouldn't). Would like to see Giannis get some love though.

IndyRealist
11-29-2016, 04:35 PM
ok man, I realize you hate KP...lol maybe this year was a reach, he started off really bad at the FT line for some reason. but he's back on track now. Last season he was at 83%. I definitely think he will flirt with 50/40/90 in the future.

I wonder, has there ever been a player that led the team in PPG, RPG, FG %, FT %, FT's made. 3pt %, 3pt made, AND blocks? He seems like he'll be around those categories quite often.

Lol no hate, just throwing out the numbers. I agree he's going to be a top tier player, but this year is a stretch :P

warfelg
11-29-2016, 04:47 PM
Considering his ridiculous social media presence/hype there is a good chance he'll get a bunch of undeserved votes. He won't make it though (as he shouldn't). Would like to see Giannis get some love though.

Oh I agree he won't make it...just be interesting to see if he gets the love.

As for my actual east team:
Lowry-Derozen-PG-LeBron-Love starters.

IT-Wade-Giannis-korver-Milsap-Horford-KP-Whiteside-Butler-Drummond-Melo

Combo of who the fans want, some oldies but goodies, and some coaches darlings.

valade16
11-29-2016, 05:00 PM
EAST Frontcourt

LeBron,Melo,PG13,Drummond,Millsap,Love,Giannis

EAST Backcourt

DeRozan,Butler,Irving,IT,Lowry

Injury subs: Wall,Wade,KP

WEST Frontcourt

Davis,Durant,Leonard,Green,Aldridge,Griffin,Cousin s

WEST Backcourt

Curry,CP3,Westbrook,Harden,Klay

Injury Subs: Lilliard,McCollum,KAT

This gave me headache. It's not all that easy based on popularity votes/fan votes and coaches votes and injury subs also as well as based on records and stats. Plenty of teams got snubbed in the west as in Grizzlies and Lakers and Jazz for being playoff teams. Cause Warriors and Spurs are stacked. East was somewhat easy. Just go by record and pick guys from them teams then borderline playoff teams maybe get the nod. But with season young yet some teams could nose dive and that popular vote could wash away as well. Or a losing team could pull off a win now trade and squeak in for a vote. Also looked at last years players as well. Injury subs are kinda up in the air since the season just got going ten or so games in and injuries to some guys so they be snubbed easily. I could be missing a few players as well.

Surely at this point Lillard should make the All-Star team over Klay no?

nycericanguy
11-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Lol no hate, just throwing out the numbers. I agree he's going to be a top tier player, but this year is a stretch :P

funny, no one has Greg Monroe or JJ reddick on their all star teams...:p

You say Monroe has had a better season than KP and that KP is a "huge reach" as a top 20 player, would you put Monroe on your east all star team?

Clint Olbrock
11-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Lots of Cavs in people's line-ups, respect!

kdspurman
11-29-2016, 05:39 PM

For sure IMO

Stunner
11-29-2016, 06:39 PM

Melo gets the nod

Stunner
11-29-2016, 06:41 PM
why is Lowry and PG starting on some of y'all teams ?

Stunner
11-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Just gonna do the East based who should start based off performance majority of the season . Really need to bring back the center spot

Kemba
Derozan
Butler
Lebron
Whiteside

Bench

Kyrie
Thomas
Love
Giannis
Howard/ Drummond a wash
Melo / pG ( honestly don't care lol , but melo PER is higher )
Wall
Porz

The highest PERs in the east Right now

Butler 29.5
Derozan 27.2
Bron 26.7
Love 26.6
Walker 26.1
Giannis 25.6
Thomas 25.4
Wall 24.2
Whiteside 24.1

dhopisthename
11-29-2016, 07:06 PM
For just the west. I am just going to pick guys who I think it should be rather then who it will be.

(in no real order)
Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Lillard
Harden,
Durant, Kahwi
Davis,Griffin
Cousins

the last two spots for me would come from one of these guys:Hayward, Green, Towns, Wiggins, Aldridge, and Gasol. I honestly have a hard time picking from the rest. Greens stats are way down, wiggins and Towns aren't winning right now, Aldridge's numbers have come down from last year, but he probably gets in if the spurs keep up their current pace. Green is just a victim of being on a great team. his numbers are down from last year, but his defense is still great and it would surprise me if he gets in. I think Hayward or Gasol get in as a token if their teams are playing really well near the all star break.

Other Guards to consider who I can't put over those other 5.
Klay Thompson, CJ McCollum, George Hill, Mike Conley, Zach Lavine

IndyRealist
11-29-2016, 07:18 PM
funny, no one has Greg Monroe or JJ reddick on their all star teams...:p

You say Monroe has had a better season than KP and that KP is a "huge reach" as a top 20 player, would you put Monroe on your east all star team?

Nope, not at all. I wouldn't consider KP either, this year.

IndyRealist
11-29-2016, 07:44 PM
East Starters: Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Dwight Howard, Kevin Love, Lebron James
Reserves: DeMar DeRozan, Andre Drummond, Giannis Anteokounmpo, Hassan Whiteside, Isaiah Thomas

The last two spots are up in the air. I'm a big fan of Jae Crowder, MKG, and Nic Batum, but none of them will likely make it in. They're simply not the type of players to usually get recognition as all-stars. I'm heavy on bigs depending on where you put Giannis, so I'd likely go with Paul George and either Kyle Lowry or Al Horford (who will have enough mins to qualify by the time voting ends).

West Starters: Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Rudy Gobert
Reserves: Chris Paul, George Hill, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, DeAndre Jordan, Draymond Green

NYKnickFanatic
11-29-2016, 08:38 PM
A lot of Knicks fans not to happy with Melo. Booing him when he touches the ball at times, well, when he holds it for too long.

Will be interesting to see if he gets voted it.

tredigs
11-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Just realized that if Klay doesn't sneak in (don't think he will), the West won't even have a shooting guard on their roster other than Harden (who is now listed/playing PG). That's gotta be a first.

warfelg
11-29-2016, 10:12 PM
Just realized that if Klay doesn't sneak in (don't think he will), the West won't even have a shooting guard on their roster other than Harden (who is now listed/playing PG). That's gotta be a first.

The Wests PGs are also good combo guards. So it would work out if you ask me.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2016, 09:55 AM

I was projecting fan votes to carry over from last years All Star picks. Also wins. Blazers are up and down this year but still early.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2016, 01:02 AM
Nope, not at all. I wouldn't consider KP either, this year.

Insane lol KP is easily an allstar as of the first 18 games. We will see if he keeps it up.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Melo will get in by votes I think. Don't know if the coaches will vote him in. Still super early.

More-Than-Most
12-01-2016, 01:14 AM
Or guys who play <23 mpg who have medically sat 1/3rd of his teams games this season. He's been awesome, but has no right in an ASG unless he's voted in.

he dont need the all star game... 3 point shootout final embiid bending klay over :nod:

Sanjay
01-19-2017, 01:17 AM
Yeah a bit early into the season. But any way pick 7 front court players and 5 backcourt players for East and West. Maybe even pick 3 subs incase of injuries. I'm still compiling a list of names yet. Who you got?

West:

Starters:
G - Westbrook
G - Harden
F - K. Leonard
F - Durant
F - A. Davis

Reserves:
G - Curry
G - K. Thompson
G - Lillard
F - Cousins