PDA

View Full Version : So the 76ers are now 4-10

Alayla
11-21-2016, 10:59 PM
Fairly recently there was a thread i believe we where 0-6 at the time stating the Sixers where still "tanking". That they have made no significant improvements and basically spelling doom and gloom (Ignoring our major injury issues) The op even went as far as to say the sixers had "nothing to show for there losing"

The Sixers now have 4 home wins in a row and Embiid is looking fantastic in limited minutes and Saric is also turning some heads 2 players many insisted would never appear in a game for the team. Simmons has yet to even step on the court and the team could easily have been 7-7 without him right now. Is it fair to say Philly has been fairly overlooked coming into this season and that there is ample reason to be positive about the team?

warfelg
11-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Preach.

ewing
11-21-2016, 11:10 PM
thread worthy.

tredigs
11-21-2016, 11:23 PM
The Sixers rank 15 out of 15 in the East and 30 out of 30 in win/loss differential.

I get that 4-10 is a big deal to Sixers fans, but to a fan of every other team they are pulling their hair out in agony.

But yes, welcome to the hope for slightly better than extremely bad this season and actual promise some years from now if the front office is able to get rid of Noel/Okafor for some decent pieces.

An "i told you so" as the current worst team in the conference smh. To be clear, nobody really doubted Embiid's ability IF he could ever get on the court, and nobody doubts that bogarting the top draft picks every season will eventually over half a decade plus lead to what should be a solid foundation of players.

More-Than-Most
11-21-2016, 11:44 PM
The Sixers rank 15 out of 15 in the East and 30 out of 30 in win/loss differential.

I get that 4-10 is a big deal to Sixers fans, but to a fan of every other team they are pulling their hair out in agony.

But yes, welcome to the hope for slightly better than extremely bad this season and actual promise some years from now if the front office is able to get rid of Noel/Okafor for some decent pieces.

An "i told you so" as the current worst team in the conference smh. To be clear, nobody really doubted Embiid's ability IF he could ever get on the court, and nobody doubts that bogarting the top draft picks every season will eventually over half a decade plus lead to what should be a solid foundation of players.

to be fair and you are one of the ones that preached strong for us... we are 4-10 but could very easily have 7 plus wins when you factor in the ******** that was thunder/cavs and how we blew 6 leads with 3 minutes left in the game.

If Embiid isnt on minutes restrictions id bet my house we are a 500 team at the very least right now.

tredigs
11-22-2016, 12:00 AM
to be fair and you are one of the ones that preached strong for us... we are 4-10 but could very easily have 7 plus wins when you factor in the ******** that was thunder/cavs and how we blew 6 leads with 3 minutes left in the game.

If Embiid isnt on minutes restrictions id bet my house we are a 500 team at the very least right now.

Yeah I mean I like the Sixers (a lot more if they can deal Oka/Noel for a legit guard), just gotta pump the breaks on the bragging until they are at least actually at .500+ and making a playoff push. Promise? Yeah. It's there in droves obviously. Can't wait to see Simmons with Embiid.

More-Than-Most
11-22-2016, 12:03 AM
I wanted both OKA/Noel gone and wanted to keep OKA over noel because of the thinking Noel will get 125 mill next year.... I fear when OKA comes into the game.... I believe in his potential but am starting to lean more on keeping Noel and trading OKA hopefully for a clarkson.

Simmons/Clarkson/Noel/Embiid/Saric is so ****ing special its ludicrous. :hope:

Jeffy25
11-22-2016, 12:05 AM
25ish wins isn't out of reach

Maybe next year a corner is turned.

More-Than-Most
11-22-2016, 12:07 AM

I predicted 30 wins with a healthy simmons and embiid : )

shep33
11-22-2016, 12:46 AM
He Died For Our Sins

More-Than-Most
11-22-2016, 01:00 AM
He Died For Our Sins

-Respect-

hugepatsfan
11-22-2016, 08:59 AM
It was stupid to suggest they were tanking. They clearly weren't. They're just a bad team now that's developing young players. Talented young players too so they're one of those "dangerous" bad teams, meaning they're still bad but the talent is there to the point that if they put together a good game they can easily surprise people.

warfelg
11-22-2016, 09:13 AM
It was stupid to suggest they were tanking. They clearly weren't. They're just a bad team now that's developing young players. Talented young players too so they're one of those "dangerous" bad teams, meaning they're still bad but the talent is there to the point that if they put together a good game they can easily surprise people.

Not only that we fight. That with some talent is scary.

Forever35
11-22-2016, 09:45 AM
The more wins that Philly gets, the better the BK draft pick looks in May... It's also good for the NBA that the 76ers do better each season... Ilyasova and Sergio were good pick ups for you guys...

TheDish87
11-22-2016, 10:00 AM

insert MTM rant telling everyone he told them so after being called an idiot and moron for 2 years and that Je is a god

More-Than-Most
11-22-2016, 09:51 PM
insert MTM rant telling everyone he told them so after being called an idiot and moron for 2 years and that Je is a god

Most in the NBA area are actually aware of this because I dealt with alot from my laker buddies on here about him owning the injury list.... That being said its easy for me to just show you the posts and shut you up but I promised our mods I would let things go... So please continue and good day... Just enjoy the god we have though.

Teeboy1487
11-22-2016, 10:07 PM

:clap

Avenged
11-22-2016, 10:39 PM
LOL.

4-10.

The mighty 76ers have been overlooked alright.. I hate to be a dick but come on..

More-Than-Most
11-23-2016, 01:01 AM
LOL.

4-10.

The mighty 76ers have been overlooked alright.. I hate to be a dick but come on..

dont hate ***** lol... going 6-0 over the next 6 to be 500... Heard it here first AV <3

Chronz
11-23-2016, 03:14 AM
Most in the NBA area are actually aware of this because I dealt with alot from my laker buddies on here about him owning the injury list.... That being said its easy for me to just show you the posts and shut you up but I promised our mods I would let things go... So please continue and good day... Just enjoy the god we have though.

I'll never forget. The many fools who doubted saint hinkie oh Philly

More-Than-Most
11-23-2016, 05:03 AM
I'll never forget. The many fools who doubted saint hinkie oh Philly

:nod:

I got rekt daily and had to eat it Esp when Embiid had to go back in for surgery and missed another year.

PhillyFaninLA
11-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Not only that we fight. That with some talent is scary.

Look at what Staskaus is becoming with some talent on the floor with him....he could become a 6th man of the year type of guy (not this year, but long term).

The significance of the 4 - 10 is not the record, but the play that is leading to it. Now that the team has some NBA players on it they are actually developing a system. Now they need to see what Noles is in it and Simmons when he is back, then make the needed moves.

This year isn't about the record, its about putting a system in place and determining who can play in it, and to start a real roster building process, mostly after this season.

PhillyFaninLA
11-23-2016, 08:47 AM
LOL.

4-10.

you have over 29,000 posts, you have proven that you strive on being one....at least own what you are...man up and admit what you are and don't say I have the way i always am on this site

I have not problem saying that I can be arrogant, entitled, and pompous on this site and I would never make a comment and say i hate to be that way....if you don't believe you are regularly that way one this site you don't understand who you are, seriously you have proven with over 29,000 posts that is who you are, own it or change

warfelg
11-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Look at what Staskaus is becoming with some talent on the floor with him....he could become a 6th man of the year type of guy (not this year, but long term).

The significance of the 4 - 10 is not the record, but the play that is leading to it. Now that the team has some NBA players on it they are actually developing a system. Now they need to see what Noles is in it and Simmons when he is back, then make the needed moves.

This year isn't about the record, its about putting a system in place and determining who can play in it, and to start a real roster building process, mostly after this season.

Uhhh. That's a little bullish on Staus. 4 good games so far. Like to see sustained success after his sustained sucktatude.

Yes Simmons and Noel back are the next two big steps.

Heediot
11-23-2016, 08:58 AM
With Simmons and another top 10 pick (in a deep draft), I'd be drooling if I were a Sixers fan. Okafor can still net the 76ers something in return, although his stock is declining.

TheDish87
11-23-2016, 09:33 AM

pleaseeeeee show me any post whee I said anything to the contrary of Embiid being good. I have a feeling it would finally shut you up.

Alayla
11-23-2016, 12:55 PM

This is about how i feel.

Hawkeye15
11-23-2016, 01:06 PM
I mean, they still suck, but they appear to have a few pieces worth keeping, and a legit franchise talent in Embiid if he stays healthy.

warfelg
11-23-2016, 01:12 PM
I mean, they still suck, but they appear to have a few pieces worth keeping, and a legit franchise talent in Embiid if he stays healthy.

I feel as though, we haven't turned the corner, but the attitude of this team is 1000% different. Under Hinkie they looked to play "scared" at times or looking for theirs. Mostly out of fear of being cut or traded. They are a little looser. Having more fun. Seeing guys like Hollis, Staus, RoCo smile is awesome because they've fought through so much bad ****, especially long term Hinkie player Hollis.

I wouldn't put it at winning attitude yet, and I wouldn't say we had a losing culture.

But we went from tense "who knows who's to go next" to "We're the core, we can build together".

SeoulBeatz
11-23-2016, 01:13 PM

Yep.

We are no longer the clear-cut worst team in the league, we are now one of the worst teams in the league.

That's progress baby!

spreadeagle
11-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Im calling it...CHAMPIONSHIP

spreadeagle
11-23-2016, 01:45 PM
I get it...but if you are stoked over 4-10 it shows how much of an abomination they really have been the last half decade or so

Hawkeye15
11-23-2016, 01:54 PM
I feel as though, we haven't turned the corner, but the attitude of this team is 1000% different. Under Hinkie they looked to play "scared" at times or looking for theirs. Mostly out of fear of being cut or traded. They are a little looser. Having more fun. Seeing guys like Hollis, Staus, RoCo smile is awesome because they've fought through so much bad ****, especially long term Hinkie player Hollis.

I wouldn't put it at winning attitude yet, and I wouldn't say we had a losing culture.

But we went from tense "who knows who's to go next" to "We're the core, we can build together".

that attitude is totally different. It doesn't feel like a "process" now. They have identified core pieces. Now patience is needed.

Hawkeye15
11-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Yep.

We are no longer the clear-cut worst team in the league, we are now one of the worst teams in the league.

That's progress baby!

with actual talent to develop. Not capped out players with minimal upside.

TheDish87
11-23-2016, 02:06 PM
I get it...but if you are stoked over 4-10 it shows how much of an abomination they really have been the last half decade or so

i think the point of the thread was to take a shot at the dude who stupidly said we were tanking after the slow start. We should have 2 more damn wins too!