PDA

View Full Version : Westy's 3D season

JasonJohnHorn
11-21-2016, 12:53 AM
Westbrook is a little shy of averaging a triple double, but only because he isn't getting 36+ minutes a game.

We are 14 games in, and his per36 averages are actually topping the Big O's numbers.

Rebounds per36 are equal.

Westy is averaging 10.6 ast-per36 to O's 9.2 and Westy is posting 33.2 pts-Per36 to O's 25.

Pretty crazy. I expected him to jump out of the gate doing this for a couple weeks... but we are 14 games in now... that's close to a month at this level.

tredigs
11-21-2016, 01:02 AM
triple-doubles are hard to average, and he will fall short. His team will also struggle to finish above .500, but it certainly won't be for a lack of effort.

sixer04fan
11-21-2016, 02:09 AM
I think he can do it. It would be really cool to see in my lifetime (wasn't around for Oscar), even if the team isn't that good. So I'm rooting for it. Like someone batting .400 in baseball. It's just something cool to see over a full season and would be incredibly rare.

It'll be hard though, especially as the team around him gels more and takes some of the load off his shoulders. I'll give him 20-30% chance.

nycericanguy
11-21-2016, 10:24 AM
if OKC falls out of contention late in the year, and WB is averaging say 27/10 and 9 apg... you can bet he'll go out there and be a pass 1st PG in the final games to get it.

so OKC not being too good might help him get it. I think he's gonna do it.

ewing
11-21-2016, 10:55 AM
he's really good

tredigs
11-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Did we ever think somebody could average a 30 point triple-double and still maybe not be a top 5 player in the NBA? That's just as remarkable to me.

LA4life24/8
11-21-2016, 01:12 PM
I dont think itll happen. Very low chance of happening. Hes doing it in what 30% of his games so far hes posted a trip doub? It would be awesome to see though. But they are gonna be fighting for .500 all season regardless so it wouldn't mean much either way

JasonJohnHorn
11-22-2016, 10:27 AM
The odd thing about this is the fact that Harden isn't too far off from getting this done either. His rebounds are a little lower, but combined, he's getting 20 a game from rbs (8) and asts (12), plus nearly 30 points a game.

KnicksorBust
11-22-2016, 12:54 PM
Triple Doubles are so overrated.

But look at those assists! Wow a point guard who has the ball all the time gets 10 assists? How is his assist to turnover ratio? Oh in that category he's 47th in the NBA and the only player in the top 15 in assists to be under 2.0 ast/to.

But look at his scoring!! Oh right on his 44%/33%/80% splits. It's volume far more than it is efficiency. He will always be a terrible perimeter shooter. He's amazing at getting to the foul line but his raw numbers far exceed their value.

But look at those rebounds!! This statistic as a whole tends to be overrated but there is no better measure. Team rebounding and boxing out are ignored while chasing rebounds impresses people. Dennis Rodman showed both sides in his career. David Lee is a good recent example of how to stat pad on rebounds.

His numbers are impressive and statistically he compares to Oscar Robertson but as players he has no business being compared to a hall of famer.