PDA

View Full Version : Heat complain about not getting foul calls #Irony

JasonJohnHorn
11-18-2016, 12:52 PM
The Heat are apparently leading the league in drives, but have one of the lowest rates of fouls called in the league.

So they've complained about it.

I read this headline and I rolled my eyes. I don't mean to take away from what the Heat accomplished in in 06 with Wade and Shaq, or what they did with 4-straight finals appearances, but EVERYBODY who objectively watched those series, and in many cases the series leading up to them (against Detroit in 06 and against Indy a couple of years) knows that the officials have been EXTREMELY kind and often times unfairly generous to the Heat.

Now they are rebuilding and they aren't a ratings juggernaut, the officials are treating them like they treated the teams Miami went up against, and the Heat suddenly think it is unfair?

I gotta say, it looks good on them.

Anybody else rolling their eyes over this?

RowBTrice
11-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Yes, I am rolling my eyes over this. They're such babies.

Scoots
11-18-2016, 01:39 PM
The officiating this year seems to be calling drives much tighter in favor of the offense this year overall. I wonder if the Heat not getting the calls is not so much a function of the Heat not being the draw they were, but rather that the players doing the driving are less known and respected by the refs. We all know unproven players always take a few years to get the refs to give them the benefit of the doubt.

SteBO
11-18-2016, 03:26 PM
I haven't really been upset over the officiating in HEAT games this year, so to see this is weird. Not shocked to see a Chicago fan and the OP "roll their eyes" though....anything to complain about Miami will suffice on this board.

mrblisterdundee
11-18-2016, 04:25 PM
The officiating this year seems to be calling drives much tighter in favor of the offense this year overall. I wonder if the Heat not getting the calls is not so much a function of the Heat not being the draw they were, but rather that the players doing the driving are less known and respected by the refs. We all know unproven players always take a few years to get the refs to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Good point. The fact that Wade isn't on the team undoubtedly affects how many calls Miami gets. But I wouldn't say it's a huge factor in why they're 3-8. They're just not that good, besides Hassan Whiteside.

Blink
11-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Yep. Just goes to show that the saying is correct. The big name players get the calls!

SeoulBeatz
11-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Superstar players get superstar calls. Witnessed it first-hand with Iverson, wish it wasn't a part of the game but it is.

ClutchTime
11-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Not once though that the Heat were complaining "too much" when they had Lebron.

Giannis94
11-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Not once though that the Heat were complaining "too much" when they had Lebron.

their stands were also full when they had them. I watched the game the other night and thought the Bucks were at home until I saw the heat logo on the center court and was like wtf thats not the bucks logo

Chronz
11-19-2016, 04:18 PM
They need Corey Maggette. Superstar right there

J_M_B
11-19-2016, 06:16 PM
Lol fans will always find a way to take shots at Miami, this isn't thread worthy

Dade County
11-19-2016, 10:48 PM
The Heat are apparently leading the league in drives, but have one of the lowest rates of fouls called in the league.

So they've complained about it.

I read this headline and I rolled my eyes. I don't mean to take away from what the Heat accomplished in in 06 with Wade and Shaq, or what they did with 4-straight finals appearances, but EVERYBODY who objectively watched those series, and in many cases the series leading up to them (against Detroit in 06 and against Indy a couple of years) knows that the officials have been EXTREMELY kind and often times unfairly generous to the Heat.

Now they are rebuilding and they aren't a ratings juggernaut, the officials are treating them like they treated the teams Miami went up against, and the Heat suddenly think it is unfair?

I gotta say, it looks good on them.

Anybody else rolling their eyes over this?

Your threads are usually interesting, but this is just childish. Whiteside does get fouled alot & its not called but i can imagine thats most non spuer star centers in the league.

But if Miami is leading the league in driving to the rim & if we are trully dead last at getting to the line, then sure they should say something.

But i don't care, Miami is clearly thinking ahead towards the draft & future trades.

Clint Olbrock
11-20-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't like the heat but if the stats listed are true then I have no problem with them saying something.. SVG said something last year prior to the Warriors game about their moving screens(supplied video proof to the league) and the game was called tighter.. Detroit ended up winning that game.

Back to the topic at hand, I guess the heat just don't have any players who really have the experience/reputation to garner those kind of calls or to get the benefit of the doubt.