PDA

View Full Version : Porzingis career HIGH

KnicksorBust
11-16-2016, 10:36 PM
35 points with 4 minutes left to go. You can get rid of the "future" label in future star.

ewing
11-16-2016, 10:52 PM
clam down. he's no joel embiid

BBallfan8
11-16-2016, 10:53 PM
He was 2 years away from contributing when he was drafted...

nycericanguy
11-16-2016, 10:55 PM
KP is right there with Towns this year IMO... and once he gets stronger...watch out.

MELO 15
11-16-2016, 10:56 PM
clam down. he's no joel embiid

Your right, he's not injury prone, and is better! If a Super Star in Durant calls u a unicorn. Than what does that tell you. Here's the better question, knowing what you have seen in there play, who would you start your franchise with?

ewing
11-16-2016, 10:59 PM
Your right, he's not injury prone, and is better! If a Super Star in Durant calls u a unicorn. Than what does that tell you. Here's the better question, knowing what you have seen in there play, who would you start your franchise with?

i'd start with KP over all those guys.

ewing
11-16-2016, 11:01 PM
KP is right there with Towns this year IMO... and once he gets stronger...watch out.

I think Towns is better right now but i don't think he has take over offensive ability in him the way KP does. Towns has a higher floor and KP has a higher ceiling in my opinion.

MELO 15
11-16-2016, 11:05 PM
i'd start with KP over all those guys.

Good Answer!

BBallfan8
11-16-2016, 11:05 PM
Towns and KP will both be top 5 players in the NBA next year... can't go wrong with either. With Russell carrying the lakers now, that draft might go down as among the best ever.

nycericanguy
11-16-2016, 11:09 PM
knicks are starting to click, much better D and Melo is getting much easier shots this year, shooting 48% this year after tonight.

KnicksorBust
11-16-2016, 11:14 PM
KP is dropping 20 with ease right now and that's with him still developing chemistry with his teammates. I saw at least 6 free points where he was open and teammates missed him. How do you miss a 7'3 guy cutting down the lane?

NYKnickFanatic
11-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Is this thread worthy in the NBA forum?

KnicksorBust
11-16-2016, 11:20 PM
A player making the leap to stardom? Of course. How many players in NBA history have had his combination of size and skills? 2? 3?

Blink
11-16-2016, 11:31 PM
I wish SVG had KP in Detroit.

I seriously fell in love with the kid in that draft. A mobile 7'3" that can shoot.

I can finally say Knicks I envy you.

Blink
11-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Towns and KP will both be top 5 players in the NBA next year... can't go wrong with either. With Russell carrying the lakers now, that draft might go down as among the best ever.

Whoa both top 5? Let's breathe a little bit

Crackadalic
11-16-2016, 11:36 PM
I have a bad feeling about this thread.

KnicksorBust
11-16-2016, 11:48 PM

I wouldn't trade KP for Harden and he is definitely top 5 right now.

BBallfan8
11-16-2016, 11:54 PM

Top 6?

nycericanguy
11-17-2016, 12:00 AM
some people were saying Jokic from DEN was better than KP before the season...lol

KP after tonight putting up about 21 & 7 on 50/40/80 shooting line and leading the team BY FAR in 3's made... a 7'3 guy that leads the team in blocks and 3's made?...lol. unheard of.

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:12 AM
There is literally nothing KP does that he does better than Joel... Joel is a better defender by alot. Bigger/stronger/more agile/Better ball handler... Literally nothing... KP has had what 2 good games this year so far but has been putrid defensively... One good game and he is the best player now? come on kids.

Miltstar
11-17-2016, 12:12 AM

Towns not even the best player on his team!

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't trade KP for Harden and he is definitely top 5 right now.

Jesus christ :pity:

I hate harden... But really?

NYKnickFanatic
11-17-2016, 12:16 AM
A player making the leap to stardom? Of course. How many players in NBA history have had his combination of size and skills? 2? 3?

Oh, I'm excited. KP is rare AF. You just know how some posters are lol.

Miltstar
11-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Jesus christ :pity:

I hate harden... But really?

Harden is one of those players you need to go all in on and build around, KP is a piece that fits in almost any puzzle

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:17 AM
KP this season... 19/7/1.3 Blocks on 42FG/33 3pfg/83 Ft in 31 minutes a game

Joel in 22 minutes.... BETTER... DOES more in 9 less minutes.... Joel has blown him out the water defensively this year on top of 18/7/2.3 on 46FG 50 percent from 3 and 80 percent from the free throw... ITS NOT CLOSE SORRY.

If it wasnt for his injury there is not one person on this planet that would take KP over Embiid.

NYKnickFanatic
11-17-2016, 12:18 AM
There is literally nothing KP does that he does better than Joel... Joel is a better defender by alot. Bigger/stronger/more agile/Better ball handler... Literally nothing... KP has had what 2 good games this year so far but has been putrid defensively... One good game and he is the best player now? come on kids.

Shoots 3s?

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:20 AM
Shoots 3s?

both guys make as many 3s per game... Your boy just takes more because he isnt being doubled teamed 99.9 percent of the time... Embiid is a 50 percent 3point shooter. Give Embiid Melo and he is dropping bombs like curry

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:22 AM
Knicks fans in their own threads were complaining about it being a lay up drill with Porz defense in most games... He has a great game and he is back to GOAT? Come on guys. Congrats though his potential is insane which nobody his debating ever.

BBallfan8
11-17-2016, 12:23 AM
KP this season... 19/7/1.3 Blocks on 42FG/33 3pfg/83 Ft in 31 minutes a game

Joel in 22 minutes.... BETTER... DOES more in 9 less minutes.... Joel has blown him out the water defensively this year on top of 18/7/2.3 on 46FG 50 percent from 3 and 80 percent from the free throw... ITS NOT CLOSE SORRY.

If it wasnt for his injury there is not one person on this planet that would take KP over Embiid.

Kidding about the top 5-6 thing (sort of), but while Embiid has also had a great start to his career and will be a star, KP has had better numbers.

KP is shooting 49/40/80 while taking 5.3 threes per game instead of just 2 like Embiid (not sure where you got your stats) and Embiid is averaging almost 5 TOs per game.

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:24 AM
All jokes aside this is why I do not understand the hate for Melo. You guys want melo traded... WHY?... That will open up double teams on porz and it wont be pretty... You should be trying to keep melo for as long as possibly to keep the pressure off of porz.

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:25 AM
Kidding about the top 5-6 thing (sort of), but while Embiid has also had a great start to his career and will be a star, KP has had better numbers.

KP is shooting 49/40/80 (not sure where you got your stats) and Embiid is averaging almost 5 TOs per game.

i am sure the stats were before tonights game.... the 5 TO thing will come down no doubt but its an issue he has... That is the part where he gets doubled a bit hurts.

Jamiecballer
11-17-2016, 12:25 AM
This thread is nonsense, can't we do better in the main forum

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:27 AM
all jokes aside he is going to be special... Towns/Porz/Embiid and several others... Its going to be fun watching these type of centers who can do just about anything

BBallfan8
11-17-2016, 12:27 AM
All jokes aside this is why I do not understand the hate for Melo. You guys want melo traded... WHY?... That will open up double teams on porz and it wont be pretty... You should be trying to keep melo for as long as possibly to keep the pressure off of porz.

Don't hate Melo but he stops the ball movement a lot, usually doesn't look for KP (or anyone) when he gets in his "zone".

BBallfan8
11-17-2016, 12:28 AM
Don't hate Melo but he stops the ball movement a lot, usually doesn't look for KP (or anyone) when he gets in his "zone".

Before this game it was 48/40/78

More-Than-Most
This thread is nonsense, can't we do better in the main forum

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Just wait until Joel gets to play 30 plus minutes a game.. THE THREAD IS COMING : )

grkmaster
During the broadcast at some point tonight they mentioned the players KP has guarded this season are shooting around 41% against him putting him 10th in the league. I don't know where to find these types of stats if some one can verify, that be awesome

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Before this game it was 48/40/78

yup you are right. I looked at his FG percent from last year My bad lol

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:31 AM
nobody should hate the thread though... THIS IS GREAT FOR BASKETBALL... Embiid/Towns/Porz is great for basketball.

BBallfan8
11-17-2016, 12:34 AM
yup you are right. I looked at his FG percent from last year My bad lol

Haha let's just hope for many healthy years of match ups in the playoffs for both.

NYKnickFanatic
11-17-2016, 12:36 AM
Knicks fans in their own threads were complaining about it being a lay up drill with Porz defense in most games... He has a great game and he is back to GOAT? Come on guys. Congrats though his potential is insane which nobody his debating ever.

Yeah, KP has been pretty bad on defense so far. Can't even deny that.

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:37 AM
Haha let's just hope for many healthy years of match ups in the playoffs for both.

Its whats best for basketball... Sixers are like a top 6 market but Basketball needs knicks/lakers... I hope all 3 of the teams players pan out

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 12:39 AM
Yeah, KP has been pretty bad on defense so far. Can't even deny that.

really not his fault... You gain rose who plays no defense and lose lopez who plays amazing defense and they tell KP to go be the guy not even 60 games into his career... I would have sheltered him a bit longer but he will be more than fine on defense as time goes by. I think his defensive woes are mostly because of Rose and team defense. When the knicks play average defense they win... Their losses this year have been when their defense is horrid... So imagine if they start playing above average defense.

zn23
11-17-2016, 12:53 AM
It's nice to see him finally getting the ball. Maybe Carmelo and Drose realize he's their best chance to make the playoffs.

ewing
11-17-2016, 01:02 AM
really not his fault... You gain rose who plays no defense and lose lopez who plays amazing defense and they tell KP to go be the guy not even 60 games into his career... I would have sheltered him a bit longer but he will be more than fine on defense as time goes by. I think his defensive woes are mostly because of Rose and team defense. When the knicks play average defense they win... Their losses this year have been when their defense is horrid... So imagine if they start playing above average defense.

guys are scoring on him a lot more easily around the basket so far this year. That is concerning

ewing
11-17-2016, 01:04 AM
It's nice to see him finally getting the ball. Maybe Carmelo and Drose realize he's their best chance to make the playoffs.

why do hate the knicks?

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 01:15 AM
why do hate the knicks?

http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/spike-lee.jpg

I cant even throw stones... We have will smith and his talentless crazy *** kids.

Crackadalic
11-17-2016, 01:17 AM
I'm just glad he became a possible 1st option on offense and efficient

So far this year he is 19ppg on 49% shooting 41% from 3 and 7 boards before tonights game.

Defense is definitely concern but it has gotten better last few games.

People forget he is playing with two high volume scorers right now and is even getting double team every game. Triple team on some nights and that's with melo and rose on the floor. He's that dangerous with his offense.

I can't speak on other rookie or 2nd year bigs but please let me know if they were also double teamed a lot as well.

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2016, 01:23 AM
He looks awesome.rose and melo look good too. Defense is the main concern. If they get that going this team
Will be good. KP still the second option but not by much. Love when kp comes in with the second unit it's a ton of fun to watch.

More-Than-Most
11-17-2016, 01:28 AM

So far this year he is 19ppg on 49% shooting 41% from 3 and 7 boards before tonights game.

People forget he is playing with two high volume scorers right now and is even getting double team every game. Triple team on some nights and that's with melo and rose on the floor. He's that dangerous with his offense.

I can't speak on other rookie or 2nd year bigs but please let me know if they were also double teamed a lot as well.

not sure about towns but embiid is whenever he goes near the paint... They cant double him or KP outside the paint because it opens up the floor to much but yea anytime inside the paint they tend to switch on to him and its the one thing he has had issues with because he will turn it over. That is why we are praying simmons gets back soon... Our offense just flat out falls off a cliff without Embiid.

Crackadalic
11-17-2016, 04:22 AM
not sure about towns but embiid is whenever he goes near the paint... They cant double him or KP outside the paint because it opens up the floor to much but yea anytime inside the paint they tend to switch on to him and its the one thing he has had issues with because he will turn it over. That is why we are praying simmons gets back soon... Our offense just flat out falls off a cliff without Embiid.

It's crazy how everyone said the center position has fallen off years ago and now we are going through a sort of renaissance in a more modern mode. Embiid/KP/Okafor/Kat etc. Its looking good now for that position

tp13baby
11-17-2016, 04:42 AM
some people were saying Jokic from DEN was better than KP before the season...lol

KP after tonight putting up about 21 & 7 on 50/40/80 shooting line and leading the team BY FAR in 3's made... a 7'3 guy that leads the team in blocks and 3's made?...lol. unheard of.

I don't believe this at all. Jokic by a bunch of analytic stats suggested Jokic had a better rookie campaign. That is the only thing I and a few others pointed out. No way is Jokic better.

Kashmir13579
11-17-2016, 05:01 AM
Yo he has been all swagged out in his demeanor as well. Like dirk said he is cold blooded. Love this kid - tonight he played like an mvp

LongIslandIcedZ
11-17-2016, 09:13 AM
His defense has looked much better the last week or so as well.

Not having Lopez is really hurting him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LongIslandIcedZ
11-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Double

nycericanguy
11-17-2016, 09:33 AM
both guys make as many 3s per game... Your boy just takes more because he isnt being doubled teamed 99.9 percent of the time... Embiid is a 50 percent 3point shooter. Give Embiid Melo and he is dropping bombs like curry

um Embidd has hit a grand total of 7 three's all season, KP has hit 24. you can't compare a guy that shoots an occasional three like Embid to a guy like KP who is taking almost 6 three's per game.

ANd yes you also posted wrong numbers about KP.

He's averaging 21 & 7 on 50/40/79 shooting.

KP also barely turns it over, just over 1 per game, EMbid is leading the league in TO's per minute which is crazy from a C.

But IDK why u even comparing or making this about Embidd... different players. That's like comparing Dirk to David Robinson or something.

warfelg
11-17-2016, 09:38 AM
Not going to hate on the performance but holy overreaction batman. It's been one game.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Is this thread worthy in the NBA forum?

Guess its better then reading 3 threads of DeRozan.

GiantsSwaGG
11-17-2016, 09:41 AM
:laugh: seriously we had to start a thread about KP scoring 35 FREAKING points? It's not like he's scored 50. KP is going to be special, I think everyone know this by now no need to start a KP thread after every good game!

TheDish87
11-17-2016, 09:48 AM
Embiids better.

the NYK overreaction to everything will never get old for me.

nycericanguy
11-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Embiids better.

the NYK overreaction to everything will never get old for me.

there are Sixer fans saying Embidd is the next Hakeem and the best player since Lebron... after 7 games! but yes... it's knick fans that are overreacting...lol

GiantsSwaGG
11-17-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't get why ppl are even comparing Embiid to KP, Embiid is #1 and only scoring option (Okafor put up similar numbers last season) while KP is the #2/3 option but putting up better numbers than Embiid.

DarkKnight
11-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Not going to hate on the performance but holy overreaction batman. It's been one game.

You called ?

DarkKnight
11-17-2016, 10:00 AM
I don't get why ppl are even comparing Embiid to KP, Embiid is #1 and only scoring option (Okafor put up similar numbers last season) while KP is the #2/3 option but putting up better numbers than Embiid.

It's gotta be the shoes

DarkKnight
11-17-2016, 10:01 AM
there are Sixer fans saying Embidd is the next Hakeem and the best player since Lebron... after 7 games! but yes... it's knick fans that are overreacting...lol

:laugh:

warfelg
11-17-2016, 10:02 AM
You called ?

I did. [emoji23]

KnicksorBust
11-17-2016, 12:25 PM

Honestly it doesn't show up in the stat sheet but Derrick Rose is being very patient out on the floor. He is taking the lowest shots per game of his career and he's not forcing bad shots. He plays in the flow of the offense and tends to either drive all the way to the basket or dish off. Noah and Lee are obviously high IQ low usage players as well who play within the offense. They pass to KP. Melo still chucks like Melo always will. :laugh: But it's nice to see Porzingis becoming a focal point of the offense.

KnicksorBust
11-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Their averages are very close to what I would want in terms of scoring. Right now:

Melo 23ppg
KP 21ppg
Rose 15ppg
Lee 9ppg
Noah 5ppg

with a lot of bench guys around 5-6ppg.

KnicksorBust
11-17-2016, 12:29 PM

Honestly I feel like KP is virtually unguardable after he gives a screen. He has an uncanny knack for knowing when to pop and when to roll. We just need to start seeing our playmakers hit him on the roll. Once Porzingis starts getting dunks off alley oops like other bigs who can't even score do... ala Tyson Chandler or Rudy Gobert... then it's over.

nycericanguy
11-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Honestly I feel like KP is virtually unguardable after he gives a screen. He has an uncanny knack for knowing when to pop and when to roll. We just need to start seeing our playmakers hit him on the roll. Once Porzingis starts getting dunks off alley oops like other bigs who can't even score do... ala Tyson Chandler or Rudy Gobert... then it's over.

yea thats the scary thing, he's putting up 21 & 7 on great efficiency in just 32mpg, but it's mostly perimeter based scoring. That's why I say once he gets stronger and the inside game opens up for him, he has more upside than Towns. Towns is much more finished product physically.

usually these EURO guys take a while but KP is breaking that mold, his career curve is well ahead of Dirk's right now.

KnicksorBust
11-17-2016, 12:42 PM
yea thats the scary thing, he's putting up 21 & 7 on great efficiency in just 32mpg, but it's mostly perimeter based scoring. That's why I say once he gets stronger and the inside game opens up for him, he has more upside than Towns. Towns is much more finished product physically.

usually these EURO guys take a while but KP is breaking that mold, his career curve is well ahead of Dirk's right now.

Seriously. +20ppg on +60%TS and he's not even getting easy alleyoops or consistent post scoring yet.

Drafting him almost makes me forget how bad of a GM Phil Jackson has been otherwise. :laugh:

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
35 points with 4 minutes left to go. You can get rid of the "future" label in future star.

Knicks should tank this year.

Trade Melo for whatever young scraps you can pick up, let Rose expire, and start building around KP. He is a stud.

nycericanguy
11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Seriously. +20ppg on +60%TS and he's not even getting easy alleyoops or consistent post scoring yet.

Drafting him almost makes me forget how bad of a GM Phil Jackson has been otherwise. :laugh:

curious how he plays tonight, coming off a 40 min game and on 2nd night of b2b.

nycericanguy
11-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Knicks should tank this year.

Trade Melo for whatever young scraps you can pick up, let Rose expire, and start building around KP. He is a stud.

ehh Melo is still a damn good player and he's been more efficient this year now that he has actual help. I wouldn't trade him for scraps.

Besides, if the knicks can make the playoffs and have KP grow slowly in a winning environment, then I'm all for it. Tanking creates a culture of losing, it seems the tanking teams are always in the lottery no matter how many studs they get. I mean look at MIN, a team full of young studs but are they going to start winning before they are all due for new contracts and guys start wanting their own team?

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2016, 12:55 PM

Because they are players with comparable upside. I don't think that's a stretch at all. They both have flaws to their game. Porzingis has a little bit of work to do on the defensive end and Embiid seriously needs to cut down the turnovers and pick better shots.

But the numbers are comparable...

Porzingis: 32 mpg, 20.7 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.3 bpg, 0.5 spg, 1.3 topg, 50%FG, 40%3Pt, 79%FT, 22.76 PER
Embiid : 22 mpg, 18.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.3 apg, 2.4 bpg, 0.6 spg, 4.7 topg, 47%FG, 50%3pt, 80%FT, 22.44 PER

bklynny67
11-17-2016, 01:26 PM
In no particular order;

Lebron James
Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Anthony Davis

Just off the top of my head. KP won't be better than any of these guys next year. Let's not get crazy.

PhillyFaninLA
11-17-2016, 02:10 PM
Regardless of anyone's personal onion on any of the teams specifically the league is better and more marketable when the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, and Sixers and good.

Imagine if the next decade if all 4 teams get good and you have Simmons v Thomas v Russel and Embiid v KP.

That is fun TV.

GiantsSwaGG
11-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Because they are players with comparable upside. I don't think that's a stretch at all. They both have flaws to their game. Porzingis has a little bit of work to do on the defensive end and Embiid seriously needs to cut down the turnovers and pick better shots.

Porzingis: 32 mpg, 20.7 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.3 bpg, 0.5 spg, 1.3 topg, 50%FG, 40%3Pt, 79%FT, 22.76 PER
Embiid : 22 mpg, 18.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.3 apg, 2.4 bpg, 0.6 spg, 4.7 topg, 47%FG, 50%3pt, 80%FT, 22.44 PER

I agree but give Embiid a chance to grow and prove he can stay healthy. Dude potiental is scary.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Regardless of anyone's personal onion on any of the teams specifically the league is better and more marketable when the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, and Sixers and good.

Imagine if the next decade if all 4 teams get good and you have Simmons v Thomas v Russel and Embiid v KP.

That is fun TV.

the league seems to have been setting viewership records and doing fine without them being good. Big maket isn't nearly as important as it used to be

PhillyFaninLA
11-17-2016, 02:30 PM
the league seems to have been setting viewership records and doing fine without them being good. Big maket isn't nearly as important as it used to be

That was not my point, I wasn't talking market, I was talking iconic franchises being good and that is better and more interesting for the game.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2016, 02:32 PM
That was not my point, I wasn't talking market, I was talking iconic franchises being good and that is better and more interesting for the game.

better for the game? Sure. But the league no longer depends on any of them to be good. That time has sailed. Hell even FA shows that now.

Chronz
11-17-2016, 02:49 PM

But imagine the ratings with the bigger markets

Chronz
11-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Btw. Blake Griffin ***** on these guys his rookie year

Hawkeye15
11-17-2016, 03:14 PM
But imagine the ratings with the bigger markets

for sure. I simply mean the league, and it's continued growth, isn't dependent on large markets anymore.

god, has anyone else noticed PSD's main page, and the butt on that chick that Von Miller is trying to stop from releasing a sex tape? My lord she has a perfect ***

Miltstar
11-17-2016, 03:20 PM
In no particular order;

Lebron James
Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Anthony Davis

Just off the top of my head. KP won't be better than any of these guys next year. Let's not get crazy.

how did Kyrie make that list!?! Just curious

bklynny67
11-17-2016, 03:34 PM
In no particular order;

Lebron James
Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Anthony Davis

Just someone I don't think KP is a better player than now, and he's only 24 and I have no reason to think next year he won't still be better.

Even if you don't count him, this guy said KP will be a top 5 player next year. Is that really realistic? I highly highly doubt it.

HeartOfStarks
11-17-2016, 03:47 PM

Was thinking the same thing (not that I agree KP is on the verge of being top 5, I'm just happy he looks as good as he does, one step at a time).

But as nice as Kyrie is, and he's definitely a top 15-20 guy in the league, I 100% put Chris Paul, Lillard, Leonard, and maybe even DeRozan ahead of him, those guys would likely round out my top 10. I'm probably forgetting someone but yeah, Kyrie although close to being a top 10 guy probably isn't there for me compared to other stars in the league. (Although he is close & it is subjective to an extent obvi).

All that said the Knicks finally have a light at the end of this 15 year dark *** tunnel in KP.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Was thinking the same thing (not that I agree KP is on the verge of being top 5, I'm just happy he looks as good as he does, one step at a time).

But as nice as Kyrie is, and he's definitely a top 15-20 guy in the league, I 100% put Chris Paul, Lillard, Leonard, and maybe even DeRozan ahead of him, those guys would likely round out my top 10. I'm probably forgetting someone but yeah, Kyrie although close to being a top 10 guy probably isn't there for me compared to other stars in the league. (Although he is close & it is subjective to an extent obvi).

All that said the Knicks finally have a light at the end of this 15 year dark *** tunnel in KP.

many here know my opinion of Irving, but yeah, no way he is a top 10 player.

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Leonard
Westbrook
Harden
Davis
CP3
Griffin
Green

all for sure better, no argument

I would also take
Butler
Towns
Lillard

ahead of him.

DeRozan is playing better this year, but sample size matters

I don't even start listening to Irving having a case before 15-18 in the game, then I can buy it if the argument is solid. I still don't have him in my top 20.

PhillyFaninLA
11-17-2016, 04:17 PM
better for the game? Sure. But the league no longer depends on any of them to be good. That time has sailed. Hell even FA shows that now.

Again I was just making the point better not necessary...I do think internationally these teams will do more than you think, but I get your point of view on this....I may not have expressed myself as clearly as I could have

Hawkeye15
11-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Again I was just making the point better not necessary...I do think internationally these teams will do more than you think, but I get your point of view on this....I may not have expressed myself as clearly as I could have

I agree it matters internationally. Nobody in Bratislava cares about the Wolves..

It's just a different game. And while I totally agree that the league is better off, revenue, and interest wise, with large market teams mattering (fair weather fans come out), it just doesn't depend on it, which we obviously both agree with.

That being said, I even like it when the goliath markets end up having battles with a couple or three small market teams that did it right.

L8kers4life
11-17-2016, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't even consider taking Porzingas over Towns, dude needs to learn how to rebound and shoot a higher percentage and start winning

Gibby23
11-17-2016, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't even consider taking Porzingas over Towns, dude needs to learn how to rebound and shoot a higher percentage and start winning

You mean like shoot higher than 49%, 40% from 3, and has had more wins than Towns so far? Or you talking about something else?

GiantsSwaGG
11-17-2016, 05:03 PM

:facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2016, 05:09 PM

Agree with half of this

There are a handful of upcoming talents in the NBA. Each with a huge amount of upside... names that come to mind are KAT, Giannis, KP, Embiid, Russell and so on.

KAT has the highest ceiling out of everyone IMO and if I had to choose 1 player to build around (objectively) it would be him. When it comes to how polished his game is already and how much room he has to grow, I think he's #1 on the list.

That said, the rest of the list isn't far behind. Definitely a nice resurgence of young talent in the NBA, but I'm not sure if any of these guys have that intangible superstar quality yet... that usually shows itself after a few years.

PurpleLynch
11-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Good for him,always glad when an european player manage to be a force in the Nba or something close.It's still a game though,we will see how much he'll improve this year,posters are right about his lackluster defense,but I think he has the tools to be a force also on that end.
The talent of youngsters around the league is apparently in a "golden age" for big men:Embiid,Towns,Cousins,Drummond,Porzingis,Davis, Ibaka,Vucevic,Green,Gobert,Okafor,Turner and the list goes on. If they hit all the ceiling they have,it will be really awesome,a mesh between old school post bball and modern expanded range bball.

D-Leethal
11-17-2016, 08:49 PM
KP's face up game off the bounce has been absolute money. He is patient and picking his spots so much better than last year. That, and his 3 ball is so pure this year. He has Dirk range with Bosh faceup skills.

D-Leethal
11-17-2016, 08:50 PM
It's exciting to see a crop of elite Cs that should all conceivably grow together. Let's hope each franchise is able to build a winning squad around them and we get some epic playoff duels with those guys.

NYSpirit1
11-21-2016, 01:10 AM
In no particular order;

Lebron James
Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Anthony Davis

I don't know.. Porzingis is playing like he's right outside the top 20 right now. Is it realistic to say he'll average 25+ and 10 rebounds next year? Probably.

He'll be right there with Anthony Davis, probably not LeBron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook.

If you watch Knick games, you'd still what an anomaly he is. He's just scratching the surface. He runs like a deer out there, he's doing so many incredible things for a guy his size, he's going to transcend the league.

Heediot
11-21-2016, 08:53 AM

Yeah that was me, I can concede being on the wrong side for now. But I still believe Jokic can be a stud. They just need to sort out the pieces in the front court in Denver.

cmellofan15
11-21-2016, 01:39 PM
I remember when B Jennings put up 55 his rookie year. the knicks have gotten two superstars in their hands now!

colinskik
11-21-2016, 04:09 PM

His defense was close to elite last year, and he's starting to round back into form this year with a new scheme in place.

If he needs to work on anything, it's his strength and low post moves. After his 35 point performance, Marcus Morris of all people got him off his game in the next matchup by bullying him off his spots. He should be able to take a guy like that due to the height advantage -- just need to bulk up a bit.

Crackadalic
11-21-2016, 04:22 PM
His defense was close to elite last year, and he's starting to round back into form this year with a new scheme in place.

If he needs to work on anything, it's his strength and low post moves. After his 35 point performance, Marcus Morris of all people got him off his game in the next matchup by bullying him off his spots. He should be able to take a guy like that due to the height advantage -- just need to bulk up a bit.

He weights just as much as KD. He definitely needs to get stronger but I don't want him adding anymore weight. The reason he's good is because he plays like a sf in a big body

colinskik
11-21-2016, 04:32 PM
He weights just as much as KD. He definitely needs to get stronger but I don't want him adding anymore weight. The reason he's good is because he plays like a sf in a big body

That may be true, even though i don't trust any weight/height that the NBA puts out there. Plus, he's a little taller, so should weight a little more.

Regardless, no Knicks fan wants him to get Dwight yoked, but he needs to put on enough weight so that he's not pushed around. Establishing that low post position is what will take him to the next level.