PDA

View Full Version : Warriors have denied they could have interest in trading Klay Thompson to Celtics

spreadeagle
11-14-2016, 06:04 PM
The Golden State Warriors have denied a rumor that they could have interest in trading Klay Thompson.

Brian Scalabrine reported a trade scenario involving the Boston Celtics where Thompson would be traded for Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and the 2017 first round pick of the Brooklyn Nets. The Warriors would then try to turn the Brooklyn pick into Nerlens Noel.

Thompson struggled with his shot to begin the 16-17 season but has been playing much better of late.

There reportedly have been no talks between the Warriors and Celtics, though the two front offices are known to be relatively close. Scalabrine was an assistant coach for the Warriors during the 13-14 season.
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/798214677297696768

Of course they denied it but this is interesting.

Curry
Bradley
Crowder
Durant
Green
With Nerlens come off the bench as the rim protector they really need would be real nasty IMO. Boston gets a legit player to build around locked into a decent contract

tredigs
11-14-2016, 06:09 PM
That trade is fantastic for the Warriors, but the issue is the chemistry shock (Crowder has one of the best contracts in the NBA at ~8 mil through 2020) and Bradley still has another year under his. It's a move I wouldn't personally make this season, but would consider (pre-draft) in the off-season depending on how this all shakes out. That Brooklyn pick is extremely valuable btw (likely top 3), no way I'd trade it for Noel.

tredigs
11-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Who reported that this was a thing, by the way? I'm skeptical.

Vee-Rex
11-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Who reported that this was a thing, by the way? I'm skeptical.

The White Mamba. :laugh2:

s3antana5757
11-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Is Noel really worth the BKN pick? You'd have to assume that's going to be a very high pick.

valade16
11-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Not only is Noel not worth the Brooklyn pick, I'm not sure Klay is worth Crowder, Bradley and that pick

5ass
11-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Not only is Noel not worth the Brooklyn pick, I'm not sure Klay is worth Crowder, Bradley and that pick

I agree.

Wade n Fade
11-14-2016, 08:12 PM
The Warriors could move on from Klay Thompson, but is it worth the chemistry risk? I think they should just focus on adding another solid big. Maybe Robin Lopez would make sense?

IndyRealist
11-14-2016, 08:22 PM

+2.

Boston must be really desperate to trade some of their best assets like that.

5ass
11-14-2016, 08:22 PM
The Warriors could move on from Klay Thompson, but is it worth the chemistry risk? I think they should just focus on adding another solid big. Maybe Robin Lopez would make sense?

What chemistry risk? They're going to make the play offs either way and would have 70 games to build chemistry...

tredigs
11-14-2016, 08:34 PM
What chemistry risk? They're going to make the play offs either way and would have 70 games to build chemistry...

They're already balancing a chemistry adjustment with KD, to add 2 more rotation players to the mix (while removing a key cog of the past few years) is not only an on-court chemistry mess, but a potential off-court mess as well.

Still, that trade is advantageous for the Warriors as stated.

Scoots
11-14-2016, 09:41 PM
I love Klay Thompson, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. But I also don't believe it's real.

Green_Monster
11-14-2016, 10:36 PM
I think we all know Ainge wouldn't make a deal like that.

lol, please
11-14-2016, 10:45 PM

:clap:

Dade County
11-14-2016, 11:07 PM
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/798214677297696768

Of course they denied it but this is interesting.

Curry
Bradley
Crowder
Durant
Green
With Nerlens come off the bench as the rim protector they really need would be real nasty IMO. Boston gets a legit player to build around locked into a decent contract

No way I trade Klay for those 2 players from Boston & the Nets pick this season.

I would have to know the lottery order & the projected players. I would need to know if the player i am targeting is a legit can't miss star & will i be able to actually draft him depending on the draft order.

Some of you have lost it. Bradley & Crowder cant take over games/halfs. Why the hell would I trade the best player for 2 roll players & an unknown draft pick.

Klay is awsome when he is on, why do people want to break up the splash brothers (lol). Him & Curry need to play their entire careers together.

tredigs
11-14-2016, 11:37 PM
No way I trade Klay for those 2 players from Boston & the Nets pick this season.

I would have to know the lottery order & the projected players. I would need to know if the player i am targeting is a legit can't miss star & will i be able to actually draft him depending on the draft order.

Some of you have lost it. Bradley & Crowder cant take over games/halfs. Why the hell would I trade the best player for 2 roll players & an unknown draft pick.

Klay is awsome when he is on, why do people want to break up the splash brothers (lol). Him & Curry need to play their entire careers together.

You'd be a fool to brush off that offer if it was legit. Klay can take over games? Well, the Dubs aren't lacking in that particular category. That trade gives them an increase in depth/defense/future. Negative in chemistry/offensive potential.

lol, please
11-14-2016, 11:44 PM

:love:

Dade County
11-15-2016, 12:50 AM
You'd be a fool to brush off that offer if it was legit. Klay can take over games? Well, the Dubs aren't lacking in that particular category. That trade gives them an increase in depth/defense/future. Negative in chemistry/offensive potential.

So injuries cant happen?

& honestly I am not entertaining this foolishness anymore. There is no way that Bradley & Crowder is wroth Klay.

So you would trade the BEST shooting duo ever, for Bradley & Crowder???

& no i am not ignoring what this can bring to GS but in a league that the reffs can control the outcome of the game; the only thing that combaits that is really good scoring.

This league is about stars & offensive skill set. But yes defense is very important as well.

Aust
11-15-2016, 02:16 AM

Was thinking the same thing. That would be an amazing trade for GS.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2016, 09:13 AM
I read a few bogus Klay rumors. Even one of him going to my Bucks for Middleton and Parker. I laughed that one off fast.

Scoots
11-15-2016, 09:40 AM
Whatever you think of Klay the Warriors have no draft picks next year and are not likely to draft early in the next 5 years. They have been VERY good at drafting over the last several years so I can see the appeal of them looking to move an asset for draft picks to add cheap talent.

This off-season the Warriors drafted a raw injured center who has yet to play a minute ... and he's the only true big signed beyond this year. With no draft picks and no cap space the Warriors need a solution to their interior play and trades are essentially the only way to get that talent young on the cheap.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Warriors need to add quantity on the cheap now like ya said. Also factor in Curry's super max next summer. Your bench will be very thin next few years. Also read some article that Durant has to take a pay cut cause Warriors don't have full bird rights. So trading Klay for a few cheap pieces does make sense. Also the weakness of inside big man shows as well in the early goings.

Green_Monster
11-15-2016, 11:00 AM
So injuries cant happen?

& honestly I am not entertaining this foolishness anymore. There is no way that Bradley & Crowder is wroth Klay.

& no i am not ignoring what this can bring to GS but in a league that the reffs can control the outcome of the game; the only thing that combaits that is really good scoring.

This league is about stars & offensive skill set. But yes defense is very important as well.

I don't think you realize the value of Bradley and Crowder. Both of them have made massive improvements to their games each year and are only 25/26 years old. Crowder is injured but he started the year playing great and Bradley looks very good too.

Curry
Bradley
Crowder
Durant
Green

Plus they get a Nets pick? That would be an easy yes for GS if it was on the table.

likemystylez
11-15-2016, 11:16 AM
I don't think you realize the value of Bradley and Crowder. Both of them have made massive improvements to their games each year and are only 25/26 years old. Crowder is injured but he started the year playing great and Bradley looks very good too.

Curry
Bradley
Crowder
Durant
Green

Plus they get a Nets pick? That would be an easy yes for GS if it was on the table.

yeah- its not an easy move. warriors are in a win now mode. trading all stars for non all stars and draft picks is more of a rebuild thing. Bradley is an undersized 2 guard..... warriors dont wanna go back to the monta ellis days.

Breaking up the talent the warriors have 10 games into their first season is unthinkable.

likemystylez
11-15-2016, 11:18 AM
I love Klay Thompson, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. But I also don't believe it's real.

might be jumping the gun a bit early to say do it in a heart beat. maybe worth considering, but breaking up what the warriors have should not be done in a heart beat. (esp considering there isnt a single all star headed back to golden state.

Green_Monster
11-15-2016, 11:33 AM
yeah- its not an easy move. warriors are in a win now mode. trading all stars for non all stars and draft picks is more of a rebuild thing. Bradley is an undersized 2 guard..... warriors dont wanna go back to the monta ellis days.

Breaking up the talent the warriors have 10 games into their first season is unthinkable.

That's fair, but it's not as simple as "all star and non all stars". Klay hasn't had a good start to the year.

Also, Bradley can easily guard 2's. He's done so and been elite at it for most of his career. Not really seeing the Ellis comp, even if it's just based on size.

Green_Monster
11-15-2016, 11:37 AM
might be jumping the gun a bit early to say do it in a heart beat. maybe worth considering, but breaking up what the warriors have should not be done in a heart beat. (esp considering there isnt a single all star headed back to golden state.

Bradley could be an all-star this year.

Both Bradley and Crowder are outplaying Klay. Tiny sample size but they're good players. They don't get enough credit around here. They're immediately written off as nothing more than decent role players. It really isn't the case anymore. They keep getting better.

likemystylez
11-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Bradley could be an all-star this year.

Both Bradley and Crowder are outplaying Klay. Tiny sample size but they're good players. They don't get enough credit around here. They're immediately written off as nothing more than decent role players. It really isn't the case anymore. They keep getting better.

LOL- the fact that you are using what what may be the worst 2 week stretch in klay thompsons career to compare him statistically speaks volumes in favor of klay thompson

likemystylez
11-15-2016, 12:03 PM
also if crowder and bradley are so good- why is their record bad. I know teams struggle and go through stretches. Heck the warriors are playing like crap this year and they have still managed to be 8-2, and could reasonably be 9-1 (loss to lakers).... and still playing crappy for the most part with the exception of a few bursts.

kdspurman
11-15-2016, 12:38 PM
also if crowder and bradley are so good- why is their record bad. I know teams struggle and go through stretches. Heck the warriors are playing like crap this year and they have still managed to be 8-2, and could reasonably be 9-1 (loss to lakers).... and still playing crappy for the most part with the exception of a few bursts.

To be fair, comparing the celtics struggles (who've had some injury issues to start, though have been underwhelming) with the warriors struggles (who are figuring out how to make a super team gel) is not a great comparison. The warriors have the talent to struggle and still win games. The celtics don't

KnicksorBust
11-15-2016, 12:38 PM
It's a win=win trade. If playoffs role around and the Celtics are trotting out a lineup with Isaiah Thomas - Klay Thompson - Al Horford they could roll to the ECF.

likemystylez
11-15-2016, 12:54 PM
To be fair, comparing the celtics struggles (who've had some injury issues to start, though have been underwhelming) with the warriors struggles (who are figuring out how to make a super team gel) is not a great comparison. The warriors have the talent to struggle and still win games. The celtics don't

funny seems as though I was just being told how underrated guys like avery Bradley and jae rowder were- and they aren't even the top players on the team. but now they don't have the talent to be competitive in the east when they aren't playing perfect ball??

likemystylez
11-15-2016, 12:55 PM

funny seems as though I was just being told how underrated guys like avery Bradley and jae crowder were- and they aren't even the top players on the team. but now they don't have the talent to be competitive in the east when they aren't playing perfect ball??

likemystylez
11-15-2016, 12:55 PM
oops- double post.... sorry app froze

kdspurman
11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
funny seems as though I was just being told how underrated guys like avery Bradley and jae crowder were- and they aren't even the top players on the team. but now they don't have the talent to be competitive in the east when they aren't playing perfect ball??

Just cause a player (s) could be considered underrated/undervalued doesn't mean they have to be a top player on their team. There are plenty guys out there who fit that.

Also, they're 10 games in, Horford has missed 7 of them and Crowder has missed 6.

Green_Monster
11-15-2016, 01:17 PM
LOL- the fact that you are using what what may be the worst 2 week stretch in klay thompsons career to compare him statistically speaks volumes in favor of klay thompson

Yes, because I'm totally trying to argue in favor of Bradley/Crowder being better than Thompson.

I literally said "tiny sample size". I was just pointing out that they're better than you're trying to give them credit for.

Green_Monster
11-15-2016, 01:21 PM

Anyone who follows the NBA knows they've been decimated by injuries. They've played 10 games. Horford has missed 7, Crowder 6, Olynyk 6, and Smart 3. That's two top four players and four top seven missing a good amount of time.

TheDish87
11-15-2016, 05:41 PM
although Noel isnt worth the BK pick since its likely to be top 3 the Sixers are better off trading for a young player, we have enough young guys on the team (3 longterm starters right now) and 2 more high lotto picks this year. At the same time could prob filp the BK pick and Okafor for something good.

lol, please
11-15-2016, 06:43 PM
That's fair, but it's not as simple as "all star and non all stars". Klay hasn't had a good start to the year.

Also, Bradley can easily guard 2's. He's done so and been elite at it for most of his career. Not really seeing the Ellis comp, even if it's just based on size.
Klay had a similar start last season, how did that turn out?

People looking into his slow start (which is already nonexistant as he's played well the last few games) as some kind of even minor red flag are reeeally jumping the gun. It's comical really.

Even if he wasn't known to have slow starts now and then and cold streaks it is still too small of a sample size to even consider trades or anything of the sort.

Chemistry is also a huge factor, just because it can't be measured doesn't make it of less importance.

hugepatsfan
11-15-2016, 07:20 PM
The NBA is about starpower so 99% of the time I think it's ridiculous to suggest depth over a star. But in this extremely rare case of a team having 4 top 15 players, I think it actually would make sense. It's just a rare situation. There's marginal returns to the star power Klay brings offensively just by virtue of who he plays with.

eDush
11-15-2016, 07:34 PM
I love Klay Thompson, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. But I also don't believe it's real.So you decide to post ur opinion on trading Klay here knowing you would be lambasted on our forum as a mod. Well that is a fictitious trade rumor started by a clown who also accuse Jackson of hurting his coaching career.

Klay is an untouchable on this club along with Steph. They form the Splash Bros at the heart of what this team to win games.

eDush
11-15-2016, 07:43 PM

So injuries cant happen?

This league is about stars & offensive skill set. But yes defense is very important as well.Exactly! I wouldn't touch this foolish trade and I am a Jae fan and wanted to trade Barnes for him when he was still with Dallas before being traded to Boston. Klay does so much that he is an untouchable but then again, most fans wanted to trade him for K Love that was also a foolish at the time :(

Klay is staying and that's it :nod:

Scoots
11-16-2016, 12:38 AM
So you decide to post ur opinion on trading Klay here knowing you would be lambasted on our forum as a mod. Well that is a fictitious trade rumor started by a clown who also accuse Jackson of hurting his coaching career.

Klay is an untouchable on this club along with Steph. They form the Splash Bros at the heart of what this team to win games.

I posted it here because this is where it was being discussed. I also said it wasn't real.

SirSkyHook
11-16-2016, 06:33 AM
If only he could get traded to LA. I love my Lakers right now, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Give us Klay and Javale, and the Lakers give up Mozgov, Lou Williams, 2018 first rounder and cash consideration.

Works for both teams. Golden State gets a strong very capable big with Moz, and a STRONG addition to their bench with Lou and more fluidity with Steph and Durant not having to deal with Klay being the odd man out and the problems that may cause.

As far as my Lakers go we get a proven, consistent, and VERY hungry star that will fit right into our system in Klay and a athletic big that can intimidate players attacking the rim, and more important the NBA gets more storylines and drama. We'll make the playoffs and if they match up it will be one hell of a series.

SirSkyHook
11-16-2016, 06:39 AM
I also think the trade I proposed would make both teams more exciting to watch, but if the trade never crosses their mind I'm good with watching my young core develop! Playoffs or not the Lakers are competing and fun to watch again and I'm excited with their developments.

More-Than-Most
11-16-2016, 07:04 AM
If only he could get traded to LA. I love my Lakers right now, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Give us Klay and Javale, and the Lakers give up Mozgov, Lou Williams, 2018 first rounder and cash consideration.

Works for both teams. Golden State gets a strong very capable big with Moz, and a STRONG addition to their bench with Lou and more fluidity with Steph and Durant not having to deal with Klay being the odd man out and the problems that may cause.

As far as my Lakers go we get a proven, consistent, and VERY hungry star that will fit right into our system in Klay and a athletic big that can intimidate players attacking the rim, and more important the NBA gets more storylines and drama. We'll make the playoffs and if they match up it will be one hell of a series.

Cant be serious right? You arent getting klay without 2 of Russ/Ingram/Randle.

TheDish87
11-16-2016, 09:39 AM

lol no chance.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2016, 11:29 AM

Mozgov is negative value. Warriors wont be eating dead weight. Durant will have to take a pay cut soon enough after Curry gets super max. Also that Lakers pick this draft be #19. If they even have it. Just checked, this is the year 76ers get it since top 3 protected. This trade is weak putting it nicely. Cant find the old article of Durant signing with capspace but here's a different article that will do. Lakers have to cough up more then a future pick and salary fillers. Most likely 2 or 3 starters of the young core. Also Lakers doing well so doubt they rock the boat.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-contract-salary-cap-space-warriors-stephen-curry/19j429iw86smo150t35cldnaba