PDA

View Full Version : Stars on the move?

R!kSm!tz
11-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Do you think there is any truth to these rumors? The Cousins article says nba execs think he will be moved in the first part of December. As for Klay, maybe it's to the point where they've decided to choose between Klay or Green but I'll admit I don't know about any of the rumored drama going on with them.

If these rumors are true what teams do you think will try and get in on this?

Vee-Rex
11-14-2016, 02:22 PM

Do you think there is any truth to these rumors? The Cousins article says nba execs think he will be moved in the first part of December. As for Klay, maybe it's to the point where they've decided to choose between Klay or Green but I'll admit I don't know about any of the rumored drama going on with them.

If these rumors are true what teams do you think will try and get in on this?

The DMC rumors might be true, but I strongly doubt the Klay ones are (bleacher report can have BS articles btw).

Unless there's some serious friction going on in the locker room between Klay and Green I don't see why GS would get rid of one.

R!kSm!tz
11-14-2016, 02:29 PM
The DMC rumors might be true, but I strongly doubt the Klay ones are (bleacher report can have BS articles btw).

Unless there's some serious friction going on in the locker room between Klay and Green I don't see why GS would get rid of one.

I agree with you. I'm not really buying the Klay rumors and we will soon hear them shot down, as every team does when their players are mentioned in rumors. I believe the Cousins rumors and believe this is the year he is finally traded. February will be here before we know it but apparently NBA Execs believe he will be trade in the next 4-5 weeks.

Miltstar
11-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Cousins would look REAL good in Toronto, we may be one of the teams with the pieces to get him too, would be interesting to see his attitude change over here. Don't know if we still have good relations with Sacremento or not after the Gay trade.

dhopisthename
11-14-2016, 02:38 PM
I can't imagine what it would take to even get someone like cousins. a guy who has averaged 26-12 on decent efficiency, but has an attitude issue. How can the kings possibly get back anything close to full value for that?

j-bay
11-14-2016, 02:41 PM
If i was Washington I would give up

Beal
Gortat
Oubre
1st and next years 2nd.

John knows how to control Cousins. Besides the Kings owe us for the Chris Webber trade.

R!kSm!tz
11-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Idk if the Bulls have enough but I would trade every young asset, multiple 1sts, and filler for money purposes for Cousins. If we could get him and keep the 2 alphas and Rondo although he's been bad I think we could make a lot of noise.

TheDish87
11-14-2016, 02:52 PM
man the Sixers can really put together a hell of a package for Klay if he really goes on the block. He is like the perfect compliment to the team

5ass
11-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Gordon, Vucevic and Mario for Cousins+collison

Fournier, Biyombo for Klay

Lol

PhillyFaninLA
11-14-2016, 03:57 PM
I read (on my phone earlier, not sure where), that one of the pieces (likely either Bradley or Crowder) in the Klay to Boston pieces along with the Nets pick would come to Philly for Noles (and possibly another piece, this isn't what I read but I'm guessing and throw in piece would be added)

PhillyFaninLA
11-14-2016, 03:59 PM
man the Sixers can really put together a hell of a package for Klay if he really goes on the block. He is like the perfect compliment to the team

Noel, Lakers pick, Covington

SeoulBeatz
11-14-2016, 03:59 PM

Okafor, Noel, Laker's 1st, Covington?

PhillyFaninLA
11-14-2016, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't do that. I'm not trading both Okafor and Noel, I'd rather use the Lakers pick and get a 21 year old shooter in your deal.

You can trade Okafor and Noel in separate deals and get real value in both if you want to trade them both,.

SeoulBeatz
11-14-2016, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't do that. I'm not trading both Okafor and Noel, I'd rather use the Lakers pick and get a 21 year old shooter in your deal.

You can trade Okafor and Noel in separate deals and get real value in both if you want to trade them both,.

Fair enough. I just don't see Noel having much value considering he is on the last year of his contract and RFA next season. Shame because I would rather keep Noel over Okafor.

Okafor has been decent thus far this season, but man, when I watch him compared to Embiid it almost makes Jah look irrelevant. He looks so tiny next to Embiid and his lack of defense/rebounding are really magnified when you see Embiid dominate both sides of the court in limited minutes.

I'm all for trading both Jah and Nerlens if the right deal comes along, because I think Richaun Holmes is more than capable of being our first C off the bench and Ersan/Dario fill our 4 spots nicely.

warfelg
11-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Noel, Lakers pick, Covington

This is what some Philly beat writers are saying they are hearing.

shep33
11-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Lol the Klay rumors are ridiculous. 2nd best SG in the league ain't going anywhere.

TheDish87
11-14-2016, 04:55 PM

i dont think they need both Oak and NN and personally we should keep Oak to handle the scoring load for the 2nd unit, i think he will prove to be valuable in that role over the next few years.

Noel, Cov/Hollis/Sauce, LAL pick, 2018 Sixers 1st top 5 protected.

TheDish87
11-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Lol the Klay rumors are ridiculous. 2nd best SG in the league ain't going anywhere.

i think it would come in the off-season if at all. Would prob take him asking for out and/or GS not winning the title

Dade County
11-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Everytime one of these fake trade reports come out, some way some how, a reporter finds away to add the C's into it.

It never fells. The league wants a star player in Boston, i'm just wonderinh why it hasn't happen yet. This is year 3 of this propaganda.

My friend mentioned Klay might be moved, I said let me guess, "Boston"?

The media makes me sick sometimes.

Vee-Rex
11-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Everytime one of these fake trade reports come out, some way some how, a reporter finds away to add the C's into it.

It never fells. The league wants a star player in Boston, i'm just wonderinh why it hasn't happen yet. This is year 3 of this propaganda.

My friend mentioned Klay might be moved, I said let me guess, "Boston"?

The media makes me sick sometimes.

Well...

-Boston is the team with the most valued draft picks right now.

-Boston has several young players with potential (Smart/Bradley/Crowder/Brown/Young) which is something that teams look for when trading star players

-Boston is expected/projected to be a top team in the East, and since they're close to being a contender and have plenty of assets they are likely to make a splash in the trade waves

-Boston has Ainge and even if his drafting reputation isn't great he's known to be active when trying to trade (has made several blockbuster moves in the last decade).

With all of that in mind, it's no surprise that Boston is at the center of many trade rumors. I don't think it's some sort of mad conspiracy or rigging from the league, heh.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2016, 05:50 PM
I suggested in the Klay or Green thread. My guess If Boston doesn't give up a arm and a leg then Warriors maybe try Klay for Cousins. Then could see Kings trying to pry away Dragic from Heat after that with Rudy Gay package.

smith&wesson
11-14-2016, 06:03 PM
If i was Washington I would give up

Beal
Gortat
Oubre
1st and next years 2nd.

John knows how to control Cousins. Besides the Kings owe us for the Chris Webber trade.

Beal hasn't been healthy long enough to even warrant any team willing to take him on. He is a very frustrating player. There's nothing in that package that even makes the kings remotely better in the long run.

Unfortunately the only thing the wizards have to offer is wall himself..Otto Porter Jr and Gortat have some good value but not nearly enough to get Cousins.

smith&wesson
11-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Klay can be a star on his own team. And the GSW need some size inside ..

Maybe Klay and Cousins get traded for eachother. Thompson is intriguing enough for the Kings to build around and probably the best talent they could attain by trading Cousins.

Dade County
11-14-2016, 07:01 PM
Well...

-Boston is the team with the most valued draft picks right now.

-Boston has several young players with potential (Smart/Bradley/Crowder/Brown/Young) which is something that teams look for when trading star players

-Boston is expected/projected to be a top team in the East, and since they're close to being a contender and have plenty of assets they are likely to make a splash in the trade waves

-Boston has Ainge and even if his drafting reputation isn't great he's known to be active when trying to trade (has made several blockbuster moves in the last decade).

With all of that in mind, it's no surprise that Boston is at the center of many trade rumors. I don't think it's some sort of mad conspiracy or rigging from the league, heh.

I dont think you fully umderstand.

It's head lines like this...

Player A might be on the move or should be moved. Reporter, "Boston would ne interested". Lol

All the teams would ne interested.

Also, those players are not good enough. They are support players hyped up. The draft picks are good but teams like the 6"ers also have disred draft picks.

Dade County
11-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Also Boston is not a true contender, even if they get a player like klay/X.

Just media hype... Fan manipulation.

It would take Westbrook & AD on a team out East, that already has somewhat of a star to contend with Lbj.

GSRaider
11-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Only way Klay is being moved is if there's a toxic relationship between him and Draymond that can't be mended and he demanded to be traded... and the warriors would only trade him for a Demarcus Cousin or a Joel Embid type player....

R!kSm!tz
11-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Only way Klay is being moved is if there's a toxic relationship between him and Draymond that can't be mended and he demanded to be traded... and the warriors would only trade him for a Demarcus Cousin or a Joel Embid type player....

Let's let Joel play a full season after being taken off his minutes restriction before we start acting like he's anywhere near as valuable as Cousins.

GoferKing_
11-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Boston needs to jump on Cousins. Smart, Brown, 2 1st picks and deal done. Kings can rebuild, Boston are true contenders.

More-Than-Most
11-15-2016, 06:59 AM
Boston needs to jump on Cousins. Smart, Brown, 2 1st picks and deal done. Kings can rebuild, Boston are true contenders.

Smart and brown are just not as coveted... Esp smart... The 2 firsts are nice but the kings would laugh at that... I doubt they would do any deal that dont involve crowder... It would have to be something like Crowder and brown and multiple firsts... This is a guy that puts up 26/12.

Smart doesnt have much value.. His offensive game is poo poo.

GoferKing_
11-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Smart and brown are just not as coveted... Esp smart... The 2 firsts are nice but the kings would laugh at that... I doubt they would do any deal that dont involve crowder... It would have to be something like Crowder and brown and multiple firsts... This is a guy that puts up 26/12.

Well, Kings would want to flip Cousins for some younglings and picks, so they can start to build something.

Scoots
11-15-2016, 09:15 AM
I've seen Cousins play hundreds of times and he's incredibly talented ... but he's also a major mental problem. I don't know if a team with him as the best player will ever win.

I don't know if Klay for Cousins straight up would actually improve the Warriors.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Funny thing about younglin's is Kings don't hang onto young guys either. Heck they're ready to trade WCS. They were rumored to part with McLemore as well but cooled off on that rumor.

GoferKing_
11-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Funny thing about younglin's is Kings don't hang onto young guys either. Heck they're ready to trade WCS. They were rumored to part with McLemore as well but cooled off on that rumor.

Because they are shiet so far at picking talent (DMC wanted WCS...)... I hope it will change... AND you can't build something form the bottom on veterans, right? Also, Vlade needs to go. He is a poor azz GM...

JLynn943
11-15-2016, 10:30 AM

Yeah, Smart's value isn't near what it was when he was a rookie. I have no idea what to expect in a Cousins trade. If we're trading him, I want a ton, and I want a mix of talent and picks. Celtics can do it. I think Denver and Orlando are interesting, too.

Vampirate
11-15-2016, 11:23 AM

Cousins would not make the Celts real contenders at best they'd be on the Raptors level, especially if they are giving up Crowder.

LoveCaliFan
11-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Cousins would not make the Celts real contenders at best they'd be on the Raptors level, especially if they are giving up Crowder.

Whuuuuut!

Thomas/ Rozier/ Jackson
Smart/ Green
Brown/ J.Young
Horford/ Johnson/ Jerebko
Cousins/ Olynyk/ Zeller

You saying without Crowder or Bradley their not contending? They'd have 2 superstars(Thomas & Cousins), 1 star(Horford), 1 potential superstar(Brown) & 1 potential defensive star(Smart.) That's not contending? That's crazy..lol

LoveCaliFan
11-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Yeah, Smart's value isn't near what it was when he was a rookie. I have no idea what to expect in a Cousins trade. If we're trading him, I want a ton, and I want a mix of talent and picks. Celtics can do it. I think Denver and Orlando are interesting, too.

Cousins, Collison, Richardson & 2nd for Ibaka, Payton & 1st.

SAC:

Payton/ Lawson
Afflalo/ McLemore/ Temple
Gay/ Barnes/ Casspi
WCS/ Tolliver/ Labissiere
Ibaka/ Koufos/ Papagiannis

5ass
11-15-2016, 01:12 PM

SAC:

Payton/ Lawson
Gay/ Barnes/ Casspi

More like Vucevic, Gordon, Mario, and some 1sts. Why would the Kings want Ibaka? He's not carrying them to the play offs and would leave in FA.

SeoulBeatz
11-15-2016, 01:28 PM
More like Vucevic, Gordon, Mario, and some 1sts. Why would the Kings want Ibaka? He's not carrying them to the play offs and would leave in FA.

Yeah it would take quite a haul to get Cousins regardless of his reputation.

On a side note, what do you think of Aaron Gordon/Mario? As a magic fan do you want to trade Vuc to free up time for AG? Haven't seen many magic games this year but I feel the frontcourt is a bit too overloaded for him to shine.

Scoots
11-15-2016, 01:48 PM

WCS isn't worth Klay but I would LOVE to find a way to add WCS to the Warriors. He'd be perfect for them.

Scoots
11-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Whuuuuut!

Thomas/ Rozier/ Jackson
Smart/ Green
Brown/ J.Young
Horford/ Johnson/ Jerebko
Cousins/ Olynyk/ Zeller

You saying without Crowder or Bradley their not contending? They'd have 2 superstars(Thomas & Cousins), 1 star(Horford), 1 potential superstar(Brown) & 1 potential defensive star(Smart.) That's not contending? That's crazy..lol

Thomas is a "superstar"? Really?

He's got the personality but he's missing the relevance the national image and the q rating to be a superstar. Cousins almost doesn't make it ... it's just his world competition work that gets him into that class for me.

5ass
11-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Yeah it would take quite a haul to get Cousins regardless of his reputation.

On a side note, what do you think of Aaron Gordon/Mario? As a magic fan do you want to trade Vuc to free up time for AG? Haven't seen many magic games this year but I feel the frontcourt is a bit too overloaded for him to shine.

AG is learning to play a new position. You use him as a PF and he'll be more consistent offensively. Defensively he's been good. The whole team is a mess. New coach and 9 new players to the roster and none of them are doing an excellent job. Mario needs a lot of work. Especially mentally. The Magic want to make the play offs and Fournier has been playing well. Mario might feel more comfortable on a team where he can make mistakes. He had only one good game so far and he sometimes hows you potential on both sides of the court. There's little stopping him from being a very good player in a few years, but he needs to work on his mentality/focus.

tp13baby
11-15-2016, 02:02 PM

Not sure Denver is a spot for him. It would almost have to be a 3 team trade. Jokic and Nurkic cannot play with another big, they can't even play together, of course unless its like AD. John Wall makes the most sense to Denver. But I am not really ready to peg anything until we figure out whats going on internally.

5ass
11-15-2016, 02:15 PM
Sorry for the short reply btw but yes the Magic have been pretty bad. Even worse than their record indicates. Mario lost his playing time (warranted) and AG lost his starting spot to Green (not warranted IMO). My idea when we added Ibaka was to have him stretch the floor more, but he's been wanting to post up and create. He hasn't been bad even though he can't pass, but on this team we need him to space the floor. Can't have him and vucevic in the paint with only Fournier providing spacing.

Vampirate
11-15-2016, 02:21 PM

He's got the personality but he's missing the relevance the national image and the q rating to be a superstar. Cousins almost doesn't make it ... it's just his world competition work that gets him into that class for me.

Seriously, then Derozan and Lowrey are both superstars as well (they aren't) and JV is a star.

The word superstar should only be used for someone you think could be the main piece on a championship squad.

JLynn943
11-15-2016, 03:26 PM

SAC:

Payton/ Lawson
Gay/ Barnes/ Casspi

That's not enough of a haul for Cousins, let alone Cousins and other pieces. No interest in Ibaka.

That's more along the lines of what I was thinking.

Not sure Denver is a spot for him. It would almost have to be a 3 team trade. Jokic and Nurkic cannot play with another big, they can't even play together, of course unless its like AD. John Wall makes the most sense to Denver. But I am not really ready to peg anything until we figure out whats going on internally.

My thought with Denver is mostly because of the Malone and Cousins connection. The trade might be tricky though. One of Jokic or Nurkic would be included in the trade (I prefer Jokic), and one of your big salaries would have to come over in it (so I'm figuring Faried as that leaves a little more room to work with). Faried, Mudiay, Jokic, and a 1st? I don't know. Other teams probably make more sense, but I could still see Denver as a destination. Maybe it takes a third team to make everyone happy.

Miltstar
11-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Valanciunas, Poeltl, Wright + 2 late firsts?

R!kSm!tz
11-15-2016, 06:18 PM

GoferKing_
11-15-2016, 06:39 PM

SAC:

Payton/ Lawson
Gay/ Barnes/ Casspi

Dude, you need to seriously stop with the IBAKA to SAcramento scenario.

More-Than-Most
11-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Id love Dragic on the sixers... Give them OKA and a 2nd and we will take that contract :nod:

R!kSm!tz
11-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Id love Dragic on the sixers... Give them OKA and a 2nd and we will take that contract :nod:

Damn, really?

Dade County
11-15-2016, 10:26 PM

AD? Is he mentioned in the article? Lol

If not, Whiteside isn't going anywhere. But i do believe Pat is going to pull off a big trade, then go after Blake in the off season.

To me Miami is tanking lol so they will have a top 4 pick, so i see that player getting traded too when Miami can trade him.

Dade County
11-15-2016, 10:32 PM

Pat wants a unprotected draft pick (well i added that unprotected part lol), so maybe a team that wants OKA can throw that draft pick Miami way.

IKnowHoops
11-15-2016, 11:55 PM
Rubio+Dieng+1st for Cousins

europagnpilgrim
11-16-2016, 12:27 AM

as silly as the front office of Sac town has been I truly feel they would feel this is a prank call on a episode of Punk'd or a new show called Being Duped

the wolves at worst would have to add either one of Lavine or Wiggins just to get in the race with what you just offered

Scoots
11-16-2016, 12:34 AM
Seriously, then Derozan and Lowrey are both superstars as well (they aren't) and JV is a star.

The word superstar should only be used for someone you think could be the main piece on a championship squad.

Sort of, but they have to transcend NBA fans and be generally known to general sports fans. It's not just about their ability on the court.

dhopisthename
11-16-2016, 01:49 AM

kings would laugh them off the phone.

tp13baby
11-16-2016, 02:43 AM
My thought with Denver is mostly because of the Malone and Cousins connection. The trade might be tricky though. One of Jokic or Nurkic would be included in the trade (I prefer Jokic), and one of your big salaries would have to come over in it (so I'm figuring Faried as that leaves a little more room to work with). Faried, Mudiay, Jokic, and a 1st? I don't know. Other teams probably make more sense, but I could still see Denver as a destination. Maybe it takes a third team to make everyone happy.

I love Boogie. The package Denver could offer beats most teams. The problem is right now Denver is so beat up and injured we are struggling mightily. Which can possibly lead to not trading for a star and unfortunately accumulating assets.

GoferKing_
11-16-2016, 05:19 AM

Dunn + Dieng + Lavine/Wiggins + 2 1st picks.

Btw. you need to stop...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-17-2016, 01:51 PM

Rubio doesn't have much value these days with injuries and cant shoot. Dieng isn't all that exciting especially with that new contract. Also a first wont be that appealing once Cousin would be there.

Miltstar
11-17-2016, 01:59 PM
kings would laugh them off the phone.

Do you think JV/Poeltl/Wright + 2 late firsts gets it done? That's the best we can offer reaslistically IMO

IKnowHoops
11-17-2016, 03:53 PM

Btw. you need to stop...

I wouldn't trade Dunn and Wiggins for Boogie. Wiggins is going to be on a Tmac level in two more years. As a Wolves fan, I don't try to hard to get Boogie. The only thing the team needs is time to mature.

IKnowHoops
11-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Rubio doesn't have much value these days with injuries and cant shoot. Dieng isn't all that exciting especially with that new contract. Also a first wont be that appealing once Cousin would be there.

No I get it. As a Wolves fan, that's what I'd be willing to give up. Wolves don't need Cousins at all. They just need there young core to grow up. I also think Dieng's contract is awesome. A 7 footer who can rebound and block shots by default, but also has a good 15-17 foot jumper.

GoferKing_
11-18-2016, 07:03 AM
I wouldn't trade Dunn and Wiggins for Boogie. Wiggins is going to be on a Tmac level in two more years. As a Wolves fan, I don't try to hard to get Boogie. The only thing the team needs is time to mature.

No I get it. As a Wolves fan, that's what I'd be willing to give up. Wolves don't need Cousins at all. They just need there young core to grow up. I also think Dieng's contract is awesome. A 7 footer who can rebound and block shots by default, but also has a good 15-17 foot jumper.

Then do not post some crap trade ideas out of fantasy world.

tp13baby
11-18-2016, 08:15 AM

I agree. The Wolves just needs to develop the Towns, Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins, Dieng core. I wasn't as high on them as most this year, but next year they are a playoff team.

I personally believe a bench is holding them back currently, but a high draft pick with some money to spend could get them a real solid bench scorer.

Also why doesn't Payne play? He brings good energy off the bench and just watching Bjelica, any 4 that is athletic is a problem for him on both ends. Energy alone brings more to the table than Cole.

The Northwest division is going to be a problem in 3 years. OKC probably adds someone next to Brook, Utah is about to really turn the corner, Portland is deep and young, Denver and Minnesota are trending up.

LanceUpperCut
11-20-2016, 02:02 PM

Btw. you need to stop...

That's about as ridiculous as the Rubio+Dieng + 1st. Cousins is great but it's two years of him I wouldn't give up Wiggins alone for that.

Forever35
11-20-2016, 02:37 PM
I can't see any deal for Cousins with the C's that doesn't include Crowder...

smith&wesson
11-20-2016, 03:05 PM
Do you think JV/Poeltl/Wright + 2 late firsts gets it done? That's the best we can offer reaslistically IMO

How is that the best the raps can offer ? Id offer Ross Patterson and JV + the 2 firsts

smith&wesson
11-20-2016, 03:07 PM
Why on earth would the twolves want Cousins and KAT:confused:

ewing
11-20-2016, 03:33 PM

Thomas absolutely is a superstar

TheDish87
11-20-2016, 04:10 PM
lol not IT is not a super star

GodsSon
11-20-2016, 05:08 PM
JV + Ross + Poeltl + Clips 1st + Raps 1st

for

Cousins + Afflalo + 2nd

GoferKing_
11-20-2016, 05:50 PM
JV + Ross + Poeltl + Clips 1st + Raps 1st

for

Cousins + Afflalo + 2nd

Those 1sts have no value as well as the players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-21-2016, 10:39 AM
PSD mentioned Cavs interested in trading for Melo. I didn't check it out though. I know PSD been fooled in the past with other sites for news. Tons of click bait sites lately with bogus rumors. Not even sure what Cavs would cough up for Melo. Bad trading partners really.

Forever35
11-21-2016, 01:47 PM
PSD mentioned Cavs interested in trading for Melo. I didn't check it out though. I know PSD been fooled in the past with other sites for news. Tons of click bait sites lately with bogus rumors. Not even sure what Cavs would cough up for Melo. Bad trading partners really.

I think the Cavs have a good amount of TE's... Don't know how that would work...

Also, the way these rumors go I wouldn't be surprised to see the C's as a 3rd team to facilitate a trade... Guess who's on the Cavs...??? Love... I will puke if his name surfaces again...

nycericanguy
11-21-2016, 02:48 PM

i seriously doubt knicks are looking to move Melo 12 games into the season. He finally has some help and its showing in his FG%, highest since he had Billups and AI for that 1 year. don't see how they look to move him without seeing what this team can do first.

LoveCaliFan
11-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Thomas absolutely is a superstar

Gracias...Some people don't know sports or talent. Dude is 5'8 and a 20ppg scorer. Superstar!

TheDish87
11-21-2016, 03:06 PM
lol what about his defense or his below avg FG% He is an all-star caliber player but it ends there.

R!kSm!tz
11-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Bosh is still looking to make a comeback I read today.

Vee-Rex
11-21-2016, 03:17 PM

PSD is saying that the Cavs don't want to offer Love anymore with his better performance this year. They're saying the Cavs would offer:

Tristan Thompson
Jordan McRae
Kay Felder
Channing Frye/or Iman Shumpert

I'm sorry, but I do not want Melo on the Cavs. And I definitely don't want to give up TT or Channing Frye. We need both of them badly. Even Iman is having the best year of his career so far.

All that for a ANOTHER guy that doesn't defend well and isn't a good passer? I mean we have Love and Irving already (even though Love is a good passing big man).

It just isn't a good fit for us.

IKnowHoops
11-21-2016, 03:59 PM
PSD is saying that the Cavs don't want to offer Love anymore with his better performance this year. They're saying the Cavs would offer:

Tristan Thompson
Jordan McRae
Kay Felder

I'm sorry, but I do not want Melo on the Cavs. And I definitely don't want to give up TT or Channing Frye. We need both of them badly. Even Iman is having the best year of his career so far.

All that for a ANOTHER guy that doesn't defend well and isn't a good passer? I mean we have Love and Irving already (even though Love is a good passing big man).

Yeah, that deal hurts Cleveland defensively an on the boards. Oman is playing great right now. He finally got to start off healthy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2016, 09:10 AM
I think the Cavs have a good amount of TE's... Don't know how that would work...

Also, the way these rumors go I wouldn't be surprised to see the C's as a 3rd team to facilitate a trade... Guess who's on the Cavs...??? Love... I will puke if his name surfaces again...

TPE's cant be combined. Has to be even swap. Also has to be equal to the salary.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2016, 09:24 AM

Tristan Thompson
Jordan McRae
Kay Felder

If Knicks were to trade Melo in a blow-up, start over deal. Most likely they want picks and young pieces. Cavs picks be to late. Yeah I understand ya need salary fillers as well. I think if Melo is dealt its probably to Celtics or Rockets. Maybe Mavs. Maybe even Magic. Magic pretty much unloaded most of their young guys for older players. So Melo would fit right in. Laker probably say no but they always like having "NAME" players. Celtics have to make a trade soon enough. You only have 15 roster spots each season. They already waived end of bench picks this summer. Each season they'll have to waive players if they don't consolidate a trade soon.

GodsSon
11-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Those 1sts have no value as well as the players.

JV is as good of a proven, young commodity as you're going to get in the NBA; especially when talking bigmen.

Ross is playing well this year and is the prototypical 3+D wing that every team wants now.

Poeltl was the 9th pick this past draft and is another young big with upside.

Considering Cousins is as good as gone, Kings don't have much leverage here. Frankly, even with the BKN pick, I don't see how the Boston offer is better.

TheDish87
11-22-2016, 02:21 PM
bcuz getting the BK pick allows for a better rebuild. They can find a guy like Poeltl or better in the first easily, Ross is a dime a dozen player. JV is solid but if i were Sac i would rather gamble on a franchise changing talent with a better pick, even more so with the threat of having to swap with the Sixers this year and give up a first next year too.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-22-2016, 02:33 PM
JV is as good of a proven, young commodity as you're going to get in the NBA; especially when talking bigmen.

Ross is playing well this year and is the prototypical 3+D wing that every team wants now.

Considering Cousins is as good as gone, Kings don't have much leverage here. Frankly, even with the BKN pick, I don't see how the Boston offer is better.

Boston's offer is probably the best and only team that's willing to over pay. JV and Ross aren't to shabby. But they are what they are. Also they aren't on rookie contracts either. Kings have enough dead weight contracts. I think Kings rather let them have their own destiny in the draft with assets Celtics be offering Nets and Grizzlies picks and guys on rookie deals. I think my trade of Klay for Cousins is second best to Celtics as well. Depending which way Kings wanna go. Full rebuild or shuffle the deck. So right there that's 2 teams that trump your offer if teams get talking what they cough up. All it takes is two teams to get a bidding war. Not saying Warriors trade Klay. Even though it works as a 1 for 1 swap. Also Warriors desperately need a big man.

GoferKing_
11-22-2016, 05:23 PM

If you like these players so much and regard them as being good then why make a trade proposal? Is Cousins worth 3 such good players?

GodsSon
11-22-2016, 05:46 PM
If you like these players so much and regard them as being good then why make a trade proposal? Is Cousins worth 3 such good players?

JV is an 19/12 guy with more touches and is still just 24. Which team is offering a better talent than that right now? None.

If you want to gamble on the BKN pick, that's cool, but you're gambling on the unknown for a PROVEN NBA centre. Knowing the Kings draft history, they'd end up with another Derrick Williams.

Dade County
11-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Bosh is still looking to make a comeback I read today.

After May 1st... Lol

europagnpilgrim
11-22-2016, 07:10 PM

You may or may not know hoops but don't insult Tmac like that ever, Wiggins will not be on his level or he would already be there giving his heavy playing time compared to when Tmac entered the league, only thing that stopped TMac from doing what he did was the ignorant Raptors coach keeping him on the pine, he had that type of game/skill off top, Wiggins wont ever be TMac offensively, now defense wise he may but he doesn't have the pure natural shooting ability or playmaking/passing ability/drop 60pts ability from my view but I think Wiggins is a good piece going forward

Lebron would never tell the front office to trade a TMac for K. Love

europagnpilgrim
11-22-2016, 08:40 PM
i seriously doubt knicks are looking to move Melo 12 games into the season. He finally has some help and its showing in his FG%, highest since he had Billups and AI for that 1 year. don't see how they look to move him without seeing what this team can do first.

Plus Melo is the big ticket draw/franchise player(current/highest paid) and Dolan did gut the team to acquire him so they will ride him out until he probably publicly calls for a trade especially with that no trade clause in his favor

Melo pushes the rumor mill into high drive because everybody knows they aren't trading Porz and they just acquired Noah/Rose so they aren't going anywhere as of right now so Melo is the rumor that wont go away so they put it out there again rather it has truth or not, its enticing for others/us to speculate on

if I were Portland/Rockets or a Hornets squad I would give Phil a call just to check his temperature on the situation though

GoferKing_
11-23-2016, 04:36 AM
JV is an 19/12 guy with more touches and is still just 24. Which team is offering a better talent than that right now? None.

If you want to gamble on the BKN pick, that's cool, but you're gambling on the unknown for a PROVEN NBA centre. Knowing the Kings draft history, they'd end up with another Derrick Williams.

Again, if he is so good, why would you trade him?

GodsSon
11-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Again, if he is so good, why would you trade him?

He doesn't fit our team too well and Cousins is an upgrade...that's why.

Still doesn't negate the fact he's a 24 year old centre that would average 19/12 with a few more touches.

nycericanguy
11-23-2016, 07:52 PM

Still doesn't negate the fact he's a 24 year old centre that would average 19/12 with a few more touches.

That's a huge assumption you're making there for a guy that has never averaged more than 12 points or 9 rebounds. There wasn't a single player in the NBA last year that put up 19 & 12.

I don't buy that he'd become that dominant with more touches, he's been in the league for a while and hasn't really improved all that much. It's too easy and a cop out to blame the coach. Great players are great no matter who is coaching, they force the coaches hand.

Look at KP in NY, he's playing with Melo who is very ball dominant but KP is imposing his will and getting his.

Vampirate
11-23-2016, 08:40 PM
That's a huge assumption you're making there for a guy that has never averaged more than 12 points or 9 rebounds. There wasn't a single player in the NBA last year that put up 19 & 12.

I don't buy that he'd become that dominant with more touches, he's been in the league for a while and hasn't really improved all that much. It's too easy and a cop out to blame the coach. Great players are great no matter who is coaching, they force the coaches hand.

Look at KP in NY, he's playing with Melo who is very ball dominant but KP is imposing his will and getting his.

He's averaging 14.4 ppg on .569 FG% along with a ft% of .820.

He's also been an extremely consistant double double threat every single night, go check yourself.

I think the 12 rebounds per game is stretching it but if Derozan and Lowry were not taking 40 shots per game combined his numbers would go up offensively.

GodsSon
11-23-2016, 11:47 PM

Simple. Logical deduction.

He's averaging 14.4 on under 10 touches a game shooting 57%; PER36 that's 17.5 on 11 touches.

You tell me how 19 "with a few more touches" is a huge assumption.

Ty Fast
11-24-2016, 04:46 AM
Miami has some nice trade chips. Maybe they could go after Boogie.

I don't see Klay being moved. He has one of the better contracts in the leauge.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2016, 09:42 AM
Miami has some nice trade chips. Maybe they could go after Boogie.

I don't see Klay being moved. He has one of the better contracts in the leauge.

Beyond Whiteside and Winslow not much else for a Cousins trade. Plenty of other teams can offer more. Miami be better off starting over. Trade Whiteside to Celtics for Nets pick and whatever else ya can get. Salary dump Dragic. Also Winslow is in a shooting slump. Bad thing about Dragic is the contract and he isn't what he use to be and Miami still owes two more first round picks to the Suns yet. Also they don't own a second round pick most years as well. Cupboards kinda bare if they are in win now mode yet. Losing Wade pretty much forces the reset button. Be a different story if Bosh was healthy.

Pick Swaps
2017 Owe second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) to Memphis Grizzlies (Chris Andersen).
2017 Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Atlanta Hawks (James Ennis).
2018 Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
2019 Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
2020 Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic).
2021 Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
2021 Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/miami-heat-team-salary/

Miltstar
11-27-2016, 09:54 AM

Anyone who tells you JV and Ross have no value ain't worth arguing with... the salaries match with the proposal I made, with the deal you offered we'd have to take a lot of salary back

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-27-2016, 10:23 AM
Anyone who tells you JV and Ross have no value ain't worth arguing with... the salaries match with the proposal I made, with the deal you offered we'd have to take a lot of salary back

Kings front office is terrible but that Raptors offer is a bit weak for Cousins. Maybe if 3 first round picks with no protection was tossed in then Kings go for it. Cause I believe the farthest out for pick traded is like 5 years. So every other year. Then Kings cross their fingers your backcourt ages fast and Cousins is Cousins which he is use to losing. Also even if your package was acceptable not saying Kings want JV or Ross. Then you'd need to find a third team to find what Kings would want. Since you guys capped out. Probably have to trade in the offseason then. Still think Celtics or Nuggets could come up with a better package. Even Lakers but they started to win lately so doubt they mess with their young core. Heck my Bucks could trump that Ross, JV offer with a Parker, Middleton offer. But I wouldn't want Cousins. Bucks had a few knuckleheads through the years as in Larry Sanders, Anthony "Cheese burger" Mason, Stephen Jackson to name a few toxic head-cases.

Mave1002
11-28-2016, 09:04 AM
With Wall possibly being available this year.. and Noel next year.. who knows, the Pelicans might upgrade and get suitable partners for the Brow.

One of the best possible offers that Washington can get would be a 2017 top 5 pick, Buddy Hield plus the expiring contract of Jrue Holiday. A whole bunch of guards can who can serve as Wall replacements.

Would be intriguing.

Noel/Asik
AD/Jones
Hill/Pondexter
Moore/Galloway
Wall/Frazier

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-28-2016, 09:41 AM
With Wall possibly being available this year.. and Noel next year.. who knows, the Pelicans might upgrade and get suitable partners for the Brow.

One of the best possible offers that Washington can get would be a 2017 top 5 pick, Buddy Hield plus the expiring contract of Jrue Holiday. A whole bunch of guards can who can serve as Wall replacements.

Would be intriguing.

Noel/Asik
AD/Jones
Hill/Pondexter
Moore/Galloway
Wall/Frazier

Bucks will gift wrap Moose to Pelicans. Since he's from New Orleans. We had talks this summer with Pelicans. But talks broke off after Evans got hurt. But I'm sure once Evans is healthy we take his expiring contract. Probably get Ajinca as well. But Bucks have maxed roster. So Bucks probably call up Nets or 76ers since they got cap and probably willing to eat Ajinca for a second round pick.