PDA

View Full Version : The Annual "What is wrong with the Knicks?" thread

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2016, 04:07 PM
Year after year they look like contenders on paper, but always come short.

They have a good coach and an excellent GM.

They got Rose, Noah, Jennings and couple of other nice pieces in the summer. Still have Melo and Porzingis.

What is the problem, this year?

albertajaysfan
11-13-2016, 04:29 PM
Rose, Noah, and Jennings are not that great anymore.

They also try to do things to fast is my personal opinion. They are the Maple Leafs of the NBA prior to Shanahan taking over.

dhopisthename
11-13-2016, 05:26 PM
their bench is really bad.

Miltstar
11-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Not sure what you saw, but theybsure didn't look like contenders on paper to me!! Everyone had a good chuckle when Rose tried to call them a "superteam" They are playing pretty much exactly how i expected them too.

HeartOfStarks
11-13-2016, 05:47 PM
What's wrong is the same thing that's always wrong with this franchise:

1. We never commit to a full rebuild

2. This leads to us basically restructuring constantly in a piecemeal manner. Many times with the wrong pieces.

That said, although I wasn't personally a big fan of the Rose trade at first, it did free up an additional $13 mil in cap for us this summer. So whether you hate Phil or just think he's sort of average at this job he's doing (I don't think anyone thinks he's crushing it by any means), we do at least have our pick this year and all picks moving forward, Porzingis, cap space, and some decent complimentary pieces (Courtney Lee) and promising young guys (Willy Hernangomez).

If we can somehow sneak into the playoffs and be a .500 team at the end of the year, I'd be relatively happy with that. Or if we suck maybe we tank halfway through for highest pick possible.

Btw I'd pretty much love to trade Melo if I could but it's not so easy with his NTC and the moves we made this summer. If he can somehow attract Chris Paul this summer that would potentially make keeping Melo worth it but at this point that's the only value I see in Melo on the Knicks. Otherwise I'd love to move him and start an actual full rebuild (which we simply never freakin do).

That's the problem. Basically same as always, and I've followed this team as close as anyone over the past 25+ years.

Oh yeah and Dolan. We still have Dolan in charge, kind of weighs you down when that's the boss the franchise has...

TheDish87
11-13-2016, 05:50 PM
]Year after year they look like contenders on paper[/B], but always come short.

They got Rose, Noah, Jennings and couple of other nice pieces in the summer. Still have Melo and Porzingis.

non of the bold is true. Rose, Jennings, and Noah just arent good players and have plenty of injury concerns between them.

More-Than-Most
11-13-2016, 06:30 PM
I said it when it happened and got laughed at saying Robin Lopez was the best player in that trade... Getting Rose WHO PLAYS NEGATIVE DEFENSE and losing your defensive anchor that carried Porz equates to massive massive defensive holes and they are getting lit up because of it... Porz has been so very bad on defense where its basically a lay up drill game after game inside the paint... Robin Lopez might not be a great player but when he came in the game next to porz the defense exploded and there is statistics to prove it... You dont bring in Rose with his lack of defense and get rid of you inside defense because then you will be lit up by a league that has a ton of ridiculous guards.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2016, 07:00 PM
They should of purged the roster and only kept KP. Should be shopping Melo for some young pieces and cap and picks. Celtics knew enough to unload old guys as in PP and KG. Knicks are like the Mavs hanging onto old guy Dirk with one leg out the door ready to retire. Look at Heat they should of started over after LeBron left. They didn't cash in on Wade quick enough before he bolted with nothing to show for it. Spurs got lucky to retool after Timmy retired. Lakers getting it together finally with Kobe retired. Need to know when to hold 'em and fold them as in when a guy gets old unload him. Thunder look like geniuses unloading old man Ibaka now for Sabonis and Oladipo.

GoferKing_
11-13-2016, 07:25 PM

Dude what? Year after year contenders for what? They have washed up players, and a dude that blocks half of the salary. xD

DoMeFavors
11-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Simple

A. They have young players, meant for a rebuild but instead are built around Carmelo who should be the second best player on a contender at this point.
B. Their role players are 3 hasbeen's Noah, Rose, Jennings.
C. They run the triangle in 2016
D. They have the worst defense in the league
F. Phil Jackson is better off coaching Shaq,MJ and Kobe.

GodsSon
11-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Trade Melo
Let Rose expire
Build around Porzingis

It's simple.

IndyRealist
11-13-2016, 08:20 PM
This has got to be a troll thread, right?

KnickNyKnick
11-13-2016, 08:52 PM
lol nice thread.

Knicks still suck on defense, plain and simple. Free Lay ups all game.

Also have to factor in no Pre-season/Training camp with Rose. These first 9-10 games are his pre-season.

Pretty much a whole new roster...Again.....

New coach....again...

come December/Jan. they should look better overall. 40-45 wins.

Green_Monster
11-13-2016, 08:55 PM

They also try to do things to fast is my personal opinion. They are the Maple Leafs of the NBA prior to Shanahan taking over.

Pretty much. Too many people thought they'd magically be good again. They're not very good anymore.

They were name value acquisitions.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Melo.

Lakers + Giants
11-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Rose is past his prime

Melo is past his prime

Noah is past his prime

Jennings was never good.

It's simple really. It's basically KP surrounded by ****.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Turns out you can't win with players past their prime and have been injured as of late.

Mr. Baller
11-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Mediocre starting lineup
Terrible bench
No defense

Recipe for success

FYL_McVeezy
11-13-2016, 10:45 PM
Because we need to rebuild but My fellow Knick fans and the NY media would never go for it......so we're stuck placing band-aids(which we try to convince ourselves are good moves) on gaping wounds...

bucketss
11-13-2016, 11:32 PM
they hung onto melo a little to long, his value drops every year might want to get on it and convince him its time to split ways :facepalm:

Legitimate
11-14-2016, 01:27 AM
well the knicks always did blow, but to be honest, there whole starting line up is really injury prone and what not. team is always over hyped and knick fans always bit on it over the years and its always the same bs.

HeartOfStarks
11-14-2016, 02:11 AM
well the knicks always did blow, but to be honest, there whole starting line up is really injury prone and what not. team is always over hyped and knick fans always bit on it over the years and its always the same bs.

Didn't blow in the 90s

It's Dolan.

Dade County
11-14-2016, 07:56 AM

Trade Melo to the Bulls, get Butler.

Bulls get rid of Rondo if they can get Cp3 next off season. They also go after Bosh on a leauge minimum contract (HEAT will be payimg his original contract after 25 games in).

Knicks also do not pick up Rose contract.

Bulls:
Cp3, Wade, Melo,?, Bosh...Wait until Lbj comes lol

Knicks: Pk & Butler... Bottom out & tank.

TheDish87
11-14-2016, 09:43 AM
lol yea the Bulls should trade Butler for Melo

SeoulBeatz
11-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Trade Melo
Let Rose expire
Build around Porzingis

It's simple.

Probably the best moves to make. They should've traded Melo years ago, I said that him re-signing in NY was the wrong move for both parties at the time. KP is a great piece to build around, but it doesn't seem like he's getting the chance to really breakout within the offense.

It's not all doom and gloom when you have a piece like that but you gotta let him flourish.

Vampirate
11-14-2016, 11:28 AM

And when was the bolded ever?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2016, 11:35 AM
I think if Bulls wanted Melo they pair him with Butler and Wade. Probably part with all the young guys off the bench and Gibson. Gibson could be re-flipped for a young piece or pick and a expiring. Maybe Bulls toss in some late first round picks as well.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2016, 12:53 PM
What is wrong? They will never commit to a full rebuild is what is wrong. They just put bandaids on problems, and keep repeating the same cycle.

nycericanguy
11-14-2016, 01:07 PM
I think most knick fans would have preferred a rebuild a couple of years ago. but its not doom and gloom now either.

We have all our picks going forward so if we suck there's a reward. And Rose is an expiring if it doesn't work out.

All that being said, this is a team with 10 or 11 new players, new coach, new system (they are not running triangle anymore) and with Noah & Rose missing most of camp/preseason. Knicks never seem to get a lucky break their way, but this team will be fine. Even the 2010 Heat started off very poorly, heck that same year the Knicks had a new team as well and started 3-8 and then went on a tear.

On the bright side KP is putting up almost 20 per game very efficiently in only 30mpg and his 3pt shot looks much improved. Once he settles in and gets a bit stronger he has a chance to be a top 5 player.

R. Johnson#3
11-14-2016, 01:08 PM
The Knicks needed to go out and get guys who can defend around Melo. They got one guy who is declining in that sense in Noah. Then they got a guy who doesn't play defense and needs the ball in his hands all the time (Rose) and a guy who stands in the corner waiting for a 3 (Lee).

Then there's the bench. It's almost as if the plan was to get a chucker and surround him with nobody so he can just chuck away and take contested fade away lay ups over and over.

The Knicks didn't look good on paper before the year started. They've needed help on the defensive end for 3 years in a row now and have only made moves to make their team worse in that aspect every off-season. Everyone just assumed that having Phil Jackson as the GM was magically going to make them play better.

nycericanguy
11-14-2016, 01:10 PM
The Knicks needed to go out and get guys who can defend around Melo. They got one guy who is declining in that sense in Noah. Then they got a guy who doesn't play defense and needs the ball in his hands all the time (Rose) and a guy who stands in the corner waiting for a 3 (Lee).

Then there's the bench. It's almost as if the plan was to get a chucker and surround him with nobody so he can just chuck away and take contested fade away lay ups over and over.

The Knicks didn't look good on paper before the year started. They've needed help on the defensive end for 3 years in a row now and have only made moves to make their team worse in that aspect every off-season. Everyone just assumed that having Phil Jackson as the GM was magically going to make them play better.

in theory they did that. Noah is still a good defender and can guard the P&R and switches on the perimeter. Lee is a very solid wing defender and KP has shown to be a good defender. Rose is the only soft spot but let's be honest no PG is stopping opposing PG's in today's league.

Their team defense has been horrid but it's wayyyy too early for this. These guys will figure it out.

R. Johnson#3
11-14-2016, 01:20 PM
in theory they did that. Noah is still a good defender and can guard the P&R and switches on the perimeter. Lee is a very solid wing defender and KP has shown to be a good defender. Rose is the only soft spot but let's be honest no PG is stopping opposing PG's in today's league.

Their team defense has been horrid but it's wayyyy too early for this. These guys will figure it out.

Granted it was DeMar but he ate Lee alive on Saturday. Lee strikes me as a guy who can't handle a bigger defender or defend on the inside at all.

I believe Noah still has something left and he'll get his feet under him as the year goes on. I just don't think he'll be as good as Jo from 3 years ago. They overpaid for him but he was something they needed although keeping Lopez wouldn't have hurt either.

The Rose move was awful. The last thing the Knicks needed was a shoot first PG who can't defend. PGs can still defend in today's NBA so that's not really an excuse.

nycericanguy
11-14-2016, 01:21 PM
they have the pieces, its up to Hornacek to make it work. I mean Noah is averaging 9rpg and 4apg in only 24mpg... I don't think he's done at all.

nycericanguy
11-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Granted it was DeMar but he ate Lee alive on Saturday. Lee strikes me as a guy who can't handle a bigger defender or defend on the inside at all.

I believe Noah still has something left and he'll get his feet under him as the year goes on. I just don't think he'll be as good as Jo from 3 years ago. They overpaid for him but he was something they needed although keeping Lopez wouldn't have hurt either.

The Rose move was awful. The last thing the Knicks needed was a shoot first PG who can't defend. PGs can still defend in today's NBA so that's not really an excuse.

I mean Noah was an MVP candidate and DPOY of the year 3 years ago so yea i'll agree he's not gonna be that guy anymore. If he were Knicks would be right up there with CLE talent wise.

Derozan has been killing it man, I don't think that's an indictment on Lee. To be fair DD came in shooting an absurd 54% on the year and was 48% against the Knicks...

Rose I don't think was an awful move, Look at what the Knicks had last year, Calderon who is basically a 15th man in LA, and Grant who cant get off the bench in CHI... that's what NY had last year at PG... So Rose and Jennings, tho not great, are immense upgrades. Watching Rose get into the paint is such a welcome sight for knick fans.

As far as lopez, can't have him and noah so it is what is is. Lopez isn't a game changer, he's a decent role player but i'll take Noah over him for his rebounding, passing, ball handling, leadership and perimeter D. I think the only thing Lopez has on him is interior D and rim protection, but to be fair, he barely left the paint so it's easier to defend the paint when you don't leave to guard the perimeter.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-14-2016, 02:31 PM
They dont play defense. It all trickles down. Rose/Melo play absolutely no defense, and by extension it is making Porzingis and Noah look bad as well.

I noticed last week. Guys blow by Rose and put Porzingis/Noah in position to either guard the paint and stop the layup leaving a wide open three, or covering the three and giving up the layup. I saw both happen over the course of two minutes.

I'm hoping this gets fixed, because it is becoming difficult to watch.

ewing
11-14-2016, 02:36 PM
I don't there is anything wrong. I also don't think they are a great team. Give them a little time. If everyone stays healthy they will settle into decent.

shep33
11-14-2016, 02:47 PM
It's a weird mix of players in all truth. Bench is real bad. Jennings might be the worst guard in the league, or at least one of them.

GiantsSwaGG
11-14-2016, 03:27 PM
What is wrong? They will never commit to a full rebuild is what is wrong. They just put bandaids on problems, and keep repeating the same cycle.

1st: Lol this is clearly a bait thread but I'll play along.

Back to you hawk :) yes we don't commit to a full rebuild but we actually are somewhat rebuilding.

1. Rose is on a 1yr prove it deal so it's not like we're handcuffed with him, same with Jennings.

2. The only bad contract is Noah and he's clearly out of shape because he suffered a hamstring injury during training camp and missed time!

3. This is slowing becoming KP's team but he's a year away from taking that next step, by then I expect Melo to be gone.

4. We for the first time have some young/exciting players

Hermengomez
Kuz
Baker

5. I actually wouldn't mind missing the playoffs this season, this years draft might be the best EVER. So we can add another potential young star next Porzingis

To sum it up its chemistry and effort with this team, once they fix those 2 they'll be fine. I still expect them to make the playoffs but trust I wouldn't be mad in fact part of me would rather have a lottery pick because this years draft is ****ing good man!

GiantsSwaGG
11-14-2016, 03:29 PM

Lol no he did not, in fact DeMar got hot once Lee was off the court

GiantsSwaGG
11-14-2016, 03:31 PM
It's a weird mix of players in all truth. Bench is real bad. Jennings might be the worst guard in the league, or at least one of them.

The funny thing with Jennings he's not having a bad season. He has trouble scoring now but for the first time in his career, he's looking to pass first rather score first. My only issue with him are the turnovers but other than that he's been good!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-14-2016, 05:53 PM
I think most knick fans would have preferred a rebuild a couple of years ago. but its not doom and gloom now either.

We have all our picks going forward so if we suck there's a reward. And Rose is an expiring if it doesn't work out.

All that being said, this is a team with 10 or 11 new players, new coach, new system (they are not running triangle anymore) and with Noah & Rose missing most of camp/preseason. Knicks never seem to get a lucky break their way, but this team will be fine. Even the 2010 Heat started off very poorly, heck that same year the Knicks had a new team as well and started 3-8 and then went on a tear.

On the bright side KP is putting up almost 20 per game very efficiently in only 30mpg and his 3pt shot looks much improved. Once he settles in and gets a bit stronger he has a chance to be a top 5 player.

Well the way things are going. Heck looking at the Noah contract. Yeesh. Wouldn't be shocked Rose gets a new huge contract to make your day next summer. Sorry.

MJNetsIsles
11-14-2016, 09:43 PM
The Knicks should keep the 3 pieces that they currently have in Rose, Melo, Porzingis and build around that.

Lebron James can opt out of his contract with the Cavaliers in 2018. I think he'd be enticed by the opportunity to play in New York with those players under Phil Jackson, who has had Kobe and Jordan.

Makes too much sense to me.
Lebron won his Cleveland Championship.

If he truly wants to be considered amongst the GOATS, it means going to New York and winning a Championship at the Mecca, Madison Square Garden.

MJNetsIsles
11-14-2016, 09:44 PM
They have a terrible bench.

Too top heavy.

effen5
11-14-2016, 09:56 PM
Lol

IndyRealist
11-14-2016, 10:04 PM
They have a terrible bench.

Too top heavy.

To be top heavy their top would actually have to be heavy.

MJNetsIsles
11-14-2016, 10:49 PM
It is.

Rose, Melo, Porzingis.
That's a solid 3.

Lee and Noah are decent.
Overpaid but decent.

And by TOP HEAVY.
I mean CONTRACTUALLY.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

IndyRealist
11-14-2016, 11:04 PM
It is.

Rose, Melo, Porzingis.
That's a solid 3.

Lee and Noah are decent.
Overpaid but decent.

And by TOP HEAVY.
I mean CONTRACTUALLY.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

If you meant contractually, then why are you talking about the quality of the players?

Of course you shouldn't expect me to understand that when you weren't clear about what you meant.

blahblahyoutoo
11-14-2016, 11:42 PM
wait, is the knicks not back because they no longer have stoudamire?

blahblahyoutoo
11-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Didn't blow in the 90s

It's Dolan.

who was the owner in the 90s?

mightybosstone
11-15-2016, 12:17 AM
I can only speak to the one time I saw them play and their numbers, but I think Rose is a big part of the problem. Right now he's getting more attempts per game (15) than Porzingis (13.9) and doing a hell of a lot less with those shots, scoring only 16 points compared to Porzingis' 18.8.

They can't get the ball to their most efficient offensive player, Melo has declined a bit this season, Rose just simply should not be a starting point guard on a playoff team and they have the worst Defensive Rating of any team in the league.

Also, I disagree with OP's comment that this team "looks good on paper." On paper, this is not a good basketball team, and most NBA fans (myself included) called this before the start of the season. Rose sucked last year, and there was little reason to think he was going to be any better. And Noah was clearly several years past the point of being useful. Why anyone would think this team was a contender is beyond me. They should have dealt Melo for pieces and built around Porzingis. Instead, they're stunting his development by surrounding him with guys who are 2-4 years past their primes and have zero chance of contending. Just poor management.

HeartOfStarks
11-15-2016, 12:30 AM
who was the owner in the 90s?

Google it *****

albertajaysfan
11-15-2016, 12:43 AM

Valid point. He still fits the reality of not being as good as he was previously with other teams though.

Crackadalic
11-15-2016, 01:33 AM
Um we are 4-6. Too early for doom and gloom

Pacers had top 4 expectations and look shaky but I don't see anyway saying anything about them.

Bulls up and down and benefit that they had a coach the previous year install an offense already.

Too many teams with new faces and coaches for me to take any praises or bashing seriously. I feel like I'm on a reddit forum with you guys

Rose miss all of training camp because of the rape case

Noah got injured and is getting back in game shape. In 23 minutes he is 4/9/4 on 48% shooting. For someone getting back in to shape its not bad

We have 10 new players and a coach who just install an offense that is taking longer to get because of the miss time.

We still have KP who looks more and more like he is taking over melos spot. He's been getting triple team even. Let me know what second year rookie is getting that.

We have a good young prospect center(kp teammate) who looks like he can start by year 3 or 4 of noah contract and two nice young prospect. We still have our draft picks moving forward. Just because we are not tanking doesn't mean we mortgage our future for over paid players. Rose still expires next year and melo/noah contract ends in 2 more years. I rather kp gain playoff experience and take over and just do smart signing and smart pickups while we are trying to stay competitive

nycericanguy
11-15-2016, 10:17 AM
i love how people are coming in here saying they "called it" 10 games into the season...lol.

did anyone expect a team with 10 new players, a new coach, new system, and two starters who missed camp, to come out and start the season guns blazing?

and look the knicks are 4-6 not 1-9...

didn't the 2010 heat start 8-9? didn't the Nash, Kobe, Howard Lakers start 4-7? and they ended up winning 45 games in the tough west even though Nash ended up missing the 2nd half of the year?

why is no one talking about the Pacers being 4-6? or the Celtics being .500?

nycericanguy
11-15-2016, 10:24 AM
I can only speak to the one time I saw them play and their numbers, but I think Rose is a big part of the problem. Right now he's getting more attempts per game (15) than Porzingis (13.9) and doing a hell of a lot less with those shots, scoring only 16 points compared to Porzingis' 18.8.

They can't get the ball to their most efficient offensive player, Melo has declined a bit this season, Rose just simply should not be a starting point guard on a playoff team and they have the worst Defensive Rating of any team in the league.

Also, I disagree with OP's comment that this team "looks good on paper." On paper, this is not a good basketball team, and most NBA fans (myself included) called this before the start of the season. Rose sucked last year, and there was little reason to think he was going to be any better. And Noah was clearly several years past the point of being useful. Why anyone would think this team was a contender is beyond me. They should have dealt Melo for pieces and built around Porzingis. Instead, they're stunting his development by surrounding him with guys who are 2-4 years past their primes and have zero chance of contending. Just poor management.

Rose is never gonna have that high TS% that you love, even in his MVP days he wasn't really efficient. He's a guy that could shoot 50% and you would still not consider him efficient and I disagree but I know "efficiency" these days is measured mostly by FT's. He rarely shoots 3's and doesn't shoot that many FT's. but he still shoots 45% so I wouldn't call him in-efficient.

His drives create havoc though, Phil Jackson had a good quote on Rose recently.

Most of Derrick's misses aren't jumpers. They are going to the basket -- penetration -- which is really important to have on any team. People are challenging him, which means Joakim and others following him are going to get offensive rebounds, second-chance points. So you understand his shooting percentage isn't going to be all that high, but his penetration is going to create opportunities for others.

And while KP has been very efficient, he's not ready to be the #1 option. He's not a guy that you can just throw it into and say "take 20 shots tonight"... he's a team player who is still learning how to score and create with his mismatches. It's always easy to say that an efficient player should get more shots, but then he likely wouldn't be efficient anymore! He's fine, he's putting up 20 & 7 and being groomed gradually. Next season he'll be ready to take that #1 option leap, but no need to rush it. Rose & Jennings have really made life alot easier for him.

colinskik
11-15-2016, 11:02 AM

Pacers had top 4 expectations and look shaky but I don't see anyway saying anything about them.

Bulls up and down and benefit that they had a coach the previous year install an offense already.

Too many teams with new faces and coaches for me to take any praises or bashing seriously. I feel like I'm on a reddit forum with you guys

Rose miss all of training camp because of the rape case

Noah got injured and is getting back in game shape. In 23 minutes he is 4/9/4 on 48% shooting. For someone getting back in to shape its not bad

We have 10 new players and a coach who just install an offense that is taking longer to get because of the miss time.

We still have KP who looks more and more like he is taking over melos spot. He's been getting triple team even. Let me know what second year rookie is getting that.

We have a good young prospect center(kp teammate) who looks like he can start by year 3 or 4 of noah contract and two nice young prospect. We still have our draft picks moving forward. Just because we are not tanking doesn't mean we mortgage our future for over paid players. Rose still expires next year and melo/noah contract ends in 2 more years. I rather kp gain playoff experience and take over and just do smart signing and smart pickups while we are trying to stay competitive

These are points that have to be acknowledged. Both guys have good days and bad, but hopefully for us Knick fans that levels out with more playing time.

Noah's D hasn't been top notch, but neither has most of the team's -- except Justin Holiday, and Courtney Lee to an extent. HOliday had an excellent game last night and should see more time if he can continue to drain his shot. In fact, against small lineups like DAL last night, Holiday replaced Noah in the starting lineup in the second half -- and it payed off.

I like what I'm seeing with Melo and KP. As the season progresses, Melo is looking for him more and hitting him when he's hot. Courtney Lee is hitting shots ... not just corner threes ... and some of our bench pieces are showing promise.

Hornacek needs to trim the rotation further and plug and play when needed. Guards need to try and keep their man in front and the starting unit needs to move the ball more and draw fouls. If that continues to happen, then the Knicks will be alright.

After a horrid loss to the Celtics, the Knicks could've taken the TOR game. They aren't all that bad this year.

KnicksorBust
11-15-2016, 12:34 PM

Hermengomez
Kuz
Baker
!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh: Stop. Willy might be a starter one day but we didn't rebuild with those role players. People calling out the Knicks for bandaid roster building are completely right.

i love how people are coming in here saying they "called it" 10 games into the season...lol.

did anyone expect a team with 10 new players, a new coach, new system, and two starters who missed camp, to come out and start the season guns blazing?

and look the knicks are 4-6 not 1-9...

didn't the 2010 heat start 8-9? didn't the Nash, Kobe, Howard Lakers start 4-7? and they ended up winning 45 games in the tough west even though Nash ended up missing the 2nd half of the year?

why is no one talking about the Pacers being 4-6? or the Celtics being .500?

I thought this was one of the better posts in the thread. Pretty sure the Heat were 9-8 but essentially you nailed it. It was such a big roster overhaul and with Rose's situations they had no time to build any chemistry out on the floor. I've actually been pretty happy with Rose attacking the basket and drawing double teams. He had a nice 11 assist game. Porzingis is clearly an absolute stud and once we figure out our rotation and tighten it up on defense the Knicks will be a over .500 and should slide in to like a 6-7 seed. If they avoid injuries, which is clearly going to be tough for them, then I think they will actually be able to build momentum in the second half. Porzingis is the real deal. He's a future Hall of Famer. The more the Knicks feature him in the offense the better we will be as a team.

effen5
11-15-2016, 12:41 PM
The problem was that your expectations were too high.

For example, during the trade with Derrick Rose, many Knicks fans thought he can average 8+ assist a game. I mean come on....be realistic here.

nycericanguy
11-15-2016, 12:46 PM
barring major injuries knicks will still win 45+ IMO... and in the tough east, that's like 50 wins these days.

KnicksorBust
11-15-2016, 12:49 PM
1st: Lol this is clearly a bait thread but I'll play along.

Back to you hawk :) yes we don't commit to a full rebuild but we actually are somewhat rebuilding.

1. Rose is on a 1yr prove it deal so it's not like we're handcuffed with him, same with Jennings.

2. The only bad contract is Noah and he's clearly out of shape because he suffered a hamstring injury during training camp and missed time!

3. This is slowing becoming KP's team but he's a year away from taking that next step, by then I expect Melo to be gone.

Hermengomez
Kuz
Baker

5. I actually wouldn't mind missing the playoffs this season, this years draft might be the best EVER. So we can add another potential young star next Porzingis

To sum it up its chemistry and effort with this team, once they fix those 2 they'll be fine. I still expect them to make the playoffs but trust I wouldn't be mad in fact part of me would rather have a lottery pick because this years draft is ****ing good man!

For example, during the trade with Derrick Rose, many Knicks fans thought he can average 8+ assist a game. I mean come on....be realistic here.

Who was saying that? Most people were just excited because they knew he could penetrate and actually push the tempo a little bit unlike Jose Calderon.

nycericanguy
11-15-2016, 12:54 PM

Rose has never averaged 8 apg even in his MVP days, whoever said that obviously wasn't familiar with his game, but who cares if a few knick fans said that?

And why are you talking in past tense as if the season is over...lol. it's crazy how many people want to be right about the knicks 10 games in... if they had beaten TOR the other night in that nail biter and were 5-5 instead of 4-6 would this thread be alive?

NYKalltheway
11-15-2016, 01:50 PM
The ownership.

Content by just making playoffs once every few years, no motivation to create a winning team and a weird trust relationship with every management they appoint.

And the management of the team throughout the years just signals how pathetic the ownership has been for letting them do all that. Walsh tried to clean up the mess but that stopped; see trust relationship point above.

IndyRealist
11-15-2016, 02:24 PM

As a Pacers fan, this crew with a new coach is a .500 team at best. As I have said repeatedly, they lost 3 of their 4 best defenders and Vegas put them at like 42.5.

colinskik
11-15-2016, 02:29 PM

8+ assists?? I don't remember seeing that prediction, as it would be higher than any other year in his career.

Right now he's right around 5/game playing around 31 mins. If he can up his mins slightly, he can realistically get to 6/game, which is essentially his career average.

What he needs to do is continue driving to the hoop but also looking to kick out from those drives. If he can hit a KP, Melo, Courtney Lee type, he'll raise that assist average.

Interesting note though -- seeing him play more often now than I did when he was in CHI, his jumping to pass propensity is real and ineffective. Even when he's at the 3-point line swinging to another guy around the arc, it's typically a jumping, two-handed, over the head pass. For many reasons, he's certainly not the prototypical PG, and as such, won't average 8+ assists.

NYY 26 to 7
11-15-2016, 02:55 PM
The responses are comical for people who clearly don't actually watch the Knicks games and just listen to the national talking heads (who also don't watch all of the games).

The defense is bad but it can't be pointed at any 1 defender necessarily. It is poor team defense and communication - things that come with playing together and understanding the defensive philosophy. Right now you have some guys switching some not, poor help rotations, and they don't get out on shooters. Not a recipe for success for any team.

On offense if you have used the word triangle and actually know what that is then you're not watching because they aren't running it. They are struggling to make open shots and seem to at times be forcing bad passes and playing to fast and committing unforced turnovers. They just aren't in sync at this point which isn't really surprising considering new players and a new coach. Rose actually does look healthy and explosive but as with everyone still finding his role. Noah looks slow and is a slight concern at this point but has also had a couple very strong games. The bench and figuring out the rotations seems to be a struggle for Hornacek, as Lance Thomas has been a major disappointment and Jennings struggles without another scorer on the court.

Not sure why this is a necessary thread but I think people should watch the Knicks if they are going to spout off why the have started slow (although I'm not sure who expected them to be full go right away with all the new players and coach with Rose and Noah not even participating in the preseason practices or games). This is a little early to declare anything about any team but true if they don't fix the things mentioned above it will not be a good year.

ewing
11-17-2016, 07:45 AM
knicks are back!

DoMeFavors
11-18-2016, 12:00 AM
Cant believe Noah is paid 17 million a season for 4 years, nobody is going to take on that contract. For 17 million a year you get 3 ppg, some rebounding and 4 assists a game. WOW

TheMightyHumph
11-18-2016, 01:16 AM
Cant believe Noah is paid 17 million a season for 4 years, nobody is going to take on that contract. For 17 million a year you get 3 ppg, some rebounding and 4 assists a game. WOW

You are a Nets' fan. I am a Nets' fan.

You hate the Knicks. I've have been hating the Knicks since 1962.

We have a Nets forum on this site. I and one or two others have been trying to keep it alive.

Post your thoughts in the Nets' forum.

I will certainly try to make like a fool if you post foolish opinions.

But stop making a fool of yourself on the NBA board and the Knicks board.

We'll discuss the Nets strengths and weaknesses.

Leave the Knick fans alone, unless they come into our forum.

IndyRealist
11-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Thank goodness Noah plays real basketball and not fantasy basketball.

R. Johnson#3
11-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Thank goodness Noah plays real basketball and not fantasy basketball.

:clap:

Pistol_Pete
11-22-2016, 03:27 AM
What's wrong with the Knicks? Same thing as always. DOLAN.

As long as Dolan owns the Knicks they will be sub-par. He hires poor management and generally overrides good decisions. The Knicks way of rebuilding is to sign well known names, when they are on the downside of their career, for career best money. They cannot win like that.

The other thing is the "New York won't tolerate rebuilding" line that gets thrown around. We have been garbage for decades now. We're always rebuilding. The problem is that Dolan wants a big star name. For example, if we unloaded Carmelo for a bunch of role players, we'd probably end up being better. But it will never happen. Dolan would rather lose with a 20/10 guy than win with no stars.

kobe4thewinbang
11-22-2016, 03:44 AM
The Good:

KP
Some cap space

The Bad:
Aged players (D-Rose, Noah)
Weak bench like last season
Poor defensive talent

The Ugly
Carmelo: Most fans like him, but this dude is no LeBron. Remember those comparisons? I'm not making this a LeBron thread, but if LeBron circa 2007-2009 had this team, he'd at least win one game in the finals vs Spurs. Carmelo has to do more, plain and simple. He's making the money, he's got the scoring talent, what gives? Not really inspiring his teammates. Seems like a weaker leader than Kobe.

Phil Jackson in name only. This experiment hasn't worked. Even friggin' Stephen A. Smith says so. Let "Mr. LA" go back to "LA" and take over for Jim Buss.

James Dolan still runs the show. He must think the Knicks are good. I mean, yeah, they're better than last season, and peeps wanna see D-Rose play with Melo, but this team ain't winning jack at this point.

Coach who? I know they got a new coach, but they're already having "Clear the Air" meetings.

What's going on?

But hey, I'm hopeful. Even the Lakers are turning it around, but Knicks are still one step behind.

ewing
11-22-2016, 11:39 PM
they're back :confused:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-23-2016, 12:12 AM
knicks are back!

have seen it before

KnicksorBust
11-23-2016, 07:12 AM
Melo had an off night but the Knicks were carried by KP and Rose. Rose is finishing the rim and showing flashes of that trademark athleticism finishing at the rim. He had two highlight drives where he left his feet on one side and flew by the defense in the air to finish on the opposite side of the floor. He is selective and looks way better than I thought. Porzingis is a star. I called it from the day I saw him. He will be better than Dirk. How many players in NBA history have his combination of size and skills? It is insane.

The bench is still a huge Q night to night so I am hesitant to get too excited but Willy, Kuz, and Jennings looked great last night. If Jennings focuses on pushing the tempo and PASSING rather than chucking we might have something there. Willy is a nice young big who plays hard. It is a fun team to root for. Last time I liked a Knicks team this much was the year Melo played PF with Chandler and we had Novak and vets like Kidd, Sheed, Kmart.

Crackadalic
11-23-2016, 08:12 AM
I've said it before in this thread.

Give this team till December to get an identity.

People think it's easy to put two go to scorers and think they will get used to not being the man anymore. Look at lebron/wade. Took them almost all season to feel comfortable and not play his turn/my turn with the ball.

Kp is a star in the making and his defense (which was bad in the beginning) is getting better and is closing the gap on KAT

KP. 32mpg/.605 TS%/7.3 TRB/1.1AST/1.1BLK
1.3TOV/3.8P.F(fouls)/21 PTS/2.88 oRPM/0.12 dRPM

KAT. 35.3mpg/.587 TS%/9.2 TRB/2.4 AST/1.3BLK/2.0 TOV/3.2P.F/22.2 PTS/2.28 oRPM/-0.99 dRPM

Knicks are also 6th in defending shots within 3 feet while the wolves are 27th

The bench has definitely pick up all because of Jennings. He's our best playmaker as you can see with his 11 assist 0 TO game against Portland. Billy Hernagomez doesn't even play like a rookie and his skill set reminds me of Marc gasol(not as good just playing style so relax) which isn't a surprise since he played on Spain in Spain with him

Bench is still weak but its getting better.

Not sure why people think rose is age. He's only 28. Even if he sucks the rest of the way that's 22 million off the cap and money to spend in FA next year

I'm willing to give Noah a chance since he's been out since Jan so getting back into rythem is hard for him so he's gonna suck for a while until after Christmas.

Migueldadon
11-25-2016, 02:32 AM
A sub par roster that doesn't compliment each other at all is their main problem. I would blow it up, fire Phil and rebuild around Porzingis but the Knicks gotta Knick like they do every year.

bagwell368
11-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Carmelo is poison - period

KnicksorBust
11-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Carmelo is poison - period

Jim Boeheim disagrees.
Jerry Colangelo and Coach K disagree.

He never had the teammates to win in the NBA.

nycericanguy
11-25-2016, 08:03 PM
A sub par roster that doesn't compliment each other at all is their main problem. I would blow it up, fire Phil and rebuild around Porzingis but the Knicks gotta Knick like they do every year.

exactly how doesn't it compliment each other? Seems like the most balanced team knicks have had in a long time.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Maybe we should give it more than 14 games before we decide this team has something wrong with it.

It's the NBA. Not many teams matter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Captain Moroni
11-26-2016, 10:23 AM
At 8-7 and wins against Atlanta, Portland, Chicago, Memphis, Charlotte, and Detroit, I think the Knicks are just fine and maybe about to get scary.
In those 7 losses, they got beat by some pretty good teams, Houston, Cleveland, Utah, Boston, Toronto, Detroit.
New coach, new system, the only players back from a year ago still in the rotation are Melo, Zinger, KOQ, and Thomas.
New players getting a lot of burn are, Rose, Jennings, Noah, Lee, Hernangomez, Kuzminskas, N'dour.
When this team puts it all together under Hornecek...watch out.

nycericanguy
11-26-2016, 11:05 AM
At 8-7 and wins against Atlanta, Portland, Chicago, Memphis, Charlotte, and Detroit, I think the Knicks are just fine and maybe about to get scary.
In those 7 losses, they got beat by some pretty good teams, Houston, Cleveland, Utah, Boston, Toronto, Detroit.
New coach, new system, the only players back from a year ago still in the rotation are Melo, Zinger, KOQ, and Thomas.
New players getting a lot of burn are, Rose, Jennings, Noah, Lee, Hernangomez, Kuzminskas, N'dour.

good point, Knicks have had one of the toughest schedules in the NBA so far. The fact that they are 8-7 with 10 new players, a new coach, new system, and with two of their starters basically missing training camp and the preseason... is actually a really good sign.

Another good sign is they have really not been overly reliant on Noah & Rose. I know everyone said "if healthy" this team could do some damage, but it's looking like we have some real gems on the bench. Holiday, Kuz & Willy. This team looks like it could withstand a reasonable amount of injuries.

This thread has gone real quiet lately... I wonder why...lol.

Vee-Rex
11-26-2016, 12:35 PM
good point, Knicks have had one of the toughest schedules in the NBA so far. The fact that they are 8-7 with 10 new players, a new coach, new system, and with two of their starters basically missing training camp and the preseason... is actually a really good sign.

Another good sign is they have really not been overly reliant on Noah & Rose. I know everyone said "if healthy" this team could do some damage, but it's looking like we have some real gems on the bench. Holiday, Kuz & Willy. This team looks like it could withstand a reasonable amount of injuries.

That's because people overreact like crazy to any and every little thing. People were even calling for the Knicks to blow it up after their FIRST LOSS. It's insane.

We're barely 1/5th of the way into the season and yet wild assumptions and declarations have been made. Anyone expecting the Knicks to do well right out of the gate was just being foolish. Chemistry takes time.

KnicksorBust
11-26-2016, 12:51 PM

I dont trust any of our bench guys except Willy. You? I thought I was going to hate Jennings but since he came out and says that he sees his role as a passer and that he is going to look to pass first he has played pretty well.

warfelg
11-26-2016, 01:15 PM
I dont trust any of our bench guys except Willy. You? I thought I was going to hate Jennings but since he came out and says that he sees his role as a passer and that he is going to look to pass first he has played pretty well.

Not intending anything bad with this:

But how long is this "pass first phase" going to last. I question the same with Nick Young and his defense. Guys that suddenly change like that usually don't sustain the new style.

As for the thread topic:
I agree with whoever said Dolan. Dolan is and will continue to be the issue with the Knicks until he learns to higher someone to handle everything for him. I really feel as though the Rose trade and Noah signing were very Dolan-esque moves. Because they've done those types of moves a ton in the past and Dolan is about the only consistent part.

nycericanguy
11-26-2016, 01:35 PM

But how long is this "pass first phase" going to last. I question the same with Nick Young and his defense. Guys that suddenly change like that usually don't sustain the new style.

As for the thread topic:
I agree with whoever said Dolan. Dolan is and will continue to be the issue with the Knicks until he learns to higher someone to handle everything for him. I really feel as though the Rose trade and Noah signing were very Dolan-esque moves. Because they've done those types of moves a ton in the past and Dolan is about the only consistent part.

I don't think its a phase at all, he is LOVING playing at MSG. I can't remember a KNick ever being as excited to be a Knick as Jennings does and it shows on the court. His passes get the crowd ooingg and awwing and you can tell he's just eating it all up.

His shot has been off but he's leading the team in assists despite only playing 20mpg. He seems to genuinely love his new role. Not worried about it "being a phase" in the least.

as for your 2nd post... Dolan hasn't interfered, not sure where that's coming from. Noah was Phil's guy, he loves him. Dwight Howard would have been a Dolan move.

And where would the KNicks be without Rose? That wasn't a bad trade. They not only got Rose but they got Holiday who has been their best bench player and best defender. A true gem making vet min. And they also unloaded Calderon who the Bulls had to give up two picks to get rid of. and on top of that they got the Bulls 2nd rounder this year in a loaded draft.

All for Lopez? and Grant who has been trash. That's a huge win for the KNicks.

warfelg
11-26-2016, 01:36 PM
I don't think its a phase at all, he is LOVING playing at MSG. I can't remember a KNick ever being as excited to be a Knick as Jennings does and it shows on the court. His passes get the crowd ooingg and awwing and you can tell he's just eating it all up.

His shot has been off but he's leading the team in assists despite only playing 20mpg. He seems to genuinely love his new role. Not worried about it "being a phase" in the least.

I'm a wait and see guy. So give it a full year. I don't like to overreact to things like this.

nycericanguy
11-26-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm a wait and see guy. So give it a full year. I don't like to overreact to things like this.

the only overreacting was the people saying the KNicks were a bust 1 week into the season...lol

KnickNyKnick
11-26-2016, 03:10 PM
The only thing wrong with the Knicks this year, is the fact that they may actually be good :)

Crackadalic
11-26-2016, 07:14 PM

As for the thread topic:

If I can find the article I'll edit this post but I saw a chart on point guards and if they are more as scorers or playmakers in their careers and Jennings surprisingly has been more of a play making point guard. He's never been a volume scorer. Just takes a few questionable shots. Ask Detroit fans how good he was in getting that team back on track before the injuries. He was pass first. He's a better playmaker then D Rose

Jennings already made 10+ assist off the bench 3 times. I think jennings know he's not going to score on people like before so he's more then willing to pass. He's the only guy that consistently gets guys at the right spot unlike our starting pg

KnicksorBust
11-26-2016, 07:36 PM

As for the thread topic:

If I can find the article I'll edit this post but I saw a chart on point guards and if they are more as scorers or playmakers in their careers and Jennings surprisingly has been more of a play making point guard. He's never been a volume scorer. Just takes a few questionable shots. Ask Detroit fans how good he was in getting that team back on track before the injuries. He was pass first. He's a better playmaker then D Rose

Jennings already made 10+ assist off the bench 3 times. I think jennings know he's not going to score on people like before so he's more then willing to pass. He's the only guy that consistently gets guys at the right spot unlike our starting pg

How do you feel about Drose?

Seizabmc
11-26-2016, 07:47 PM
I feel like this thread was a lil premature .
How can you start questioning what's wrong with the Knicks a few games into the season when there a brand new team with a new coach and need time to gel .
I would say let's ask this question after the all star break .
But the Knicks are already proven the doubters wrong

Bartlee23
11-26-2016, 08:02 PM
In before the Knicks lose 3 in row " fire (insert name here)" thread lol.....

Sofnr
11-27-2016, 03:26 PM
I feel like this thread was a lil premature .
How can you start questioning what's wrong with the Knicks a few games into the season when there a brand new team with a new coach and need time to gel .
I would say let's ask this question after the all star break .
But the Knicks are already proven the doubters wrong

The Knicks are a .500 team with a negative differential. I'm not sure what they've proven at this point. Most expected them to be fairly mediocre, and a fringe playoff team in the East. That's pretty much what we've seen so far. They may get better as their chemistry gets better. They could also regress as the inevitable injuries happen. I think a near .500 team competing for the last couple playoff spots is still the likely outcome.

AI
11-27-2016, 04:36 PM
The Knicks are a .500 team with a negative differential. I'm not sure what they've proven at this point. Most expected them to be fairly mediocre, and a fringe playoff team in the East. That's pretty much what we've seen so far. They may get better as their chemistry gets better. They could also regress as the inevitable injuries happen. I think a near .500 team competing for the last couple playoff spots is still the likely outcome.

Which is good considering where the Knicks have finished the last few years. Progress is always good.

Crackadalic
11-27-2016, 05:36 PM
How do you feel about Drose?

Not the biggest fan to be honest. Late in games I'm glad to have him but throughout the whole game he takes a lot of unnecessary shots. Melo too but I trust melo to shoot better but rose just doesn't shoot well at all and at times he can have tunnel vision

I'm willing to give him a chance though since its not easy not being the main option anymore. His shooting form makes me cringe though. He can put more burden on his knees shooting like that.

WOwolfOL
11-29-2016, 02:06 AM
Rose is an undersized SG

Those jump-passes...

ewing
12-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Knicks is back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnicksorBust
12-12-2016, 11:53 AM
"Unique stat line for Kristaps Porzingis last night: He had 26 points, 12 rebounds, 7 blocks and three made 3-pointers in a win over the Lakers. According to basketball-reference.com, Kristaps Porzingis is the first player with at least 25 points, 10 rebounds, seven blocks and three made 3-pointers in the regular season since at least 1983, the earliest such numbers can be tracked by the site."

-Ian Begley

ewing
12-12-2016, 01:32 PM
exactly how doesn't it compliment each other? Seems like the most balanced team knicks have had in a long time.

Bc either you are the warriors or you, you need to blow it up, or your are acquiring assets and winning 25 games a season. Come on your not new around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2017, 01:04 PM
What is going on with the Knicks???

Rose going AWOL, Melo getting ejected every other game...

GiantsSwaGG
01-10-2017, 02:17 PM
#tanktape

blahblahyoutoo
01-10-2017, 02:37 PM
knicks is back tho, amirite?

GiantsSwaGG
01-10-2017, 03:25 PM
knicks is back tho, amirite?

How are the Heat doing these days? Lol

Crackadalic
01-10-2017, 04:26 PM
#tanktape

And I told yall about the rose trade. Only benefit was getting cap space, holiday and the pick from chi. Rose himself? lol

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-10-2017, 06:33 PM
#tanktape

And I told yall about the rose trade. Only benefit was getting cap space, holiday and the pick from chi. Rose himself? lol

lol any chance he gets bought out?

Crackadalic
01-10-2017, 06:42 PM

tbh it's hard to say. I rather not though. He might go to Cleveland or something and i'll be even more piss. We have him for 4 more months anyway.

GiantsSwaGG
01-10-2017, 08:46 PM

Doubt it. Rather trade him and hopefully get a draft pick

Green_Monster
01-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Doubt it. Rather trade him and hopefully get a draft pick

Why would anyone trade a pick for him?

GiantsSwaGG
01-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Why would anyone trade a pick for him?

Because he might be the missing piece for a playoff push (Kings)

Green_Monster
01-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Because he might be the missing piece for a playoff push (Kings)

He's an average player (at best) at the deepest position in the league. He doesn't shoot the three well or play good defense. On top of that he has an injury history and is getting paid $21M. No one is trading a 1st for him, especially a fringe playoff team.

Crackadalic
01-11-2017, 01:19 AM
He's an average player (at best) at the deepest position in the league. He doesn't shoot the three well or play good defense. On top of that he has an injury history and is getting paid $21M. No one is trading a 1st for him, especially a fringe playoff team.

Depends. If we take back a bad contract from that team then it's not out of the realm to get a pick either

Giannis94
01-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Depends. If we take back a bad contract from that team then it's not out of the realm to get a pick either

If you takw back a contract lime Luol deng or something insanely bad like that, you might get a 2nd.

europagnpilgrim
01-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Simple

they live in the Mecca of the U.S. where it is the financial capitol of the world pretty much so they don't need to sell tickets/merchandise for money to stay afloat, the Knicks need to suck to keep Brooklyn afloat, Knicks are the media kings and they will sellout pretty much regardless of how bad they suck and any publicity is good so they keep that in spades, what a rollercoaster they are, great adventures of the nba

they shouldn't have traded for Rose because they don't need cap space since they can go over the cap at will so 13 mill is basically chump change for those who think that means something

they should have signed a E Gordon type along with a Turner type who could get his own shot to come off the bench because you don't compete at contender level without a bench, its been proven for many years/decades

they should have kept Lopez for interior work regardless how many 3's are being hoisted you still need a reliable big to anchor a D and do the dirty work

blahblahyoutoo
01-11-2017, 02:02 PM
How are the Heat doing these days? Lol

try starting a heat thread and axing this question there.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-11-2017, 02:19 PM

Isn't that the type of move that's just kept the Knicks in the land of mediocrity for ages? Get rid of an expiring to take on the contract of a past-his-prime player (with a bad contract-your words) that will hinder them in the future, especially with how free agency has turned into the last 2 years.

It's doubtful you're going to get a super-high pick, likely not even a lottery pick, for Rose even with taking back a bad contract.

Giannis94
01-11-2017, 03:09 PM
At leas tthe Heat will get a top 5 pick this year?

teddygreen17
01-11-2017, 03:31 PM
#tanktape

Holiday.

The real problem with the Knicks is that KP hasn't walked into Phil's office and said, shred this team.

Giannis94
01-11-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm honestly confused with Phils tenure this far. Every other place he has gone he has had success- at least coaching. I wonder whose decision it was to sign Noah?

albertajaysfan
01-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Well I was trying not to be too harsh. And at the moment he is somehow the best of them all which says a lot about why the Knicks suck this year.

I would have understood just trading for Rose and not signing Noah. That would have left the Knicks with lots of cap space coming up in the offseason with a high draft pick in a draft saturated with PGs. But that Noah contract is so mind blowing Phil should be fired for that contract alone.

In his brief time as an exec he has shown himself to be incompetent as well as out of touch. You can't piss off star players in this league like he has this season.

Chronz
01-11-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm honestly confused with Phils tenure this far. Every other place he has gone he has had success- at least coaching. I wonder whose decision it was to sign Noah?
His demands with the roster were rarely met during his coaching tenure in la iirc. Maybe the guy is out of touch with the game now.

Giannis94
01-11-2017, 04:14 PM
His demands with the roster were rarely met during his coaching tenure in la iirc. Maybe the guy is out of touch with the game now.

so it was the GM/Owner that got Shaq and all the decent role players that they had over the years then, no?

Chronz
01-11-2017, 04:46 PM
so it was the GM/Owner that got Shaq and all the decent role players that they had over the years then, no?
The only one I can remember is when Phil wanted to draft Sean May instead of Bynum. He also wanted to trade Kobe multiple times but that could've just been a personal thing.