PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley finally admits his mistake

Clint Olbrock
11-11-2016, 07:49 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/11/11/pat-riley-admits-he-should-have-given-dwyane-wade-max-deal-back-in-2014/

“Riley told me before the game that, if he had to do it over again, in the summer of 2014, after LeBron James left and went back to Cleveland, we should have given Wade a max deal as well as Chris Bosh, as the team did. ‘That was wrong. I should have, we should have given him that. That’s a big second-guess, but that’s on me.'”

Chronz
11-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Overrated IMO.

Wade owns most of the managerial credit, Miami's locale owns most of the rest, Riley and his rings won as a lapdog(Its like if Spo became a GM and used his rings) own 2% of the credit. Someone wake me up when Riley doesn't overpay for overrated players and underpays for guys looking to win for the betterment of their careers.

Only thing I give Riley credit for is drafting D-Wade over Kaman and firing SVG for panicking, aside from that. Hes been FAR from an elite GM.

Vee-Rex
11-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Overrated IMO.

Wade owns most of the managerial credit, Miami's locale owns most of the rest, Riley and his rings won as a lapdog(Its like if Spo became a GM and used his rings) own 2% of the credit. Someone wake me up when Riley doesn't overpay for overrated players and underpays for guys looking to win for the betterment of their careers.

Only thing I give Riley credit for is drafting D-Wade over Kaman and firing SVG for panicking, aside from that. Hes been FAR from an elite GM.

Fully agree.

IndyRealist
11-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Wade simply wanted to be taken care of after taking paycuts repeatedly so Miami could get rings. It had to be frustrating that they were worrying about cap space in years they weren't going to contend.

IKnowHoops
11-11-2016, 11:00 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/11/11/pat-riley-admits-he-should-have-given-dwyane-wade-max-deal-back-in-2014/

“Riley told me before the game that, if he had to do it over again, in the summer of 2014, after LeBron James left and went back to Cleveland, we should have given Wade a max deal as well as Chris Bosh, as the team did. ‘That was wrong. I should have, we should have given him that. That’s a big second-guess, but that’s on me.'”

As I have been saying. Wade not getting his Max money had nothing to do with Lebron "not letting him know" and everything to do with Miami Heat asking him to take a cut.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-12-2016, 12:16 AM
Overrated IMO.

Lol Laker fans..

PurpleLynch
11-12-2016, 08:52 AM
Lol Laker fans..

He's a Clippers fan.

HandsOnTheWheel
11-12-2016, 09:56 AM
He's a Clippers fan.

Oh he's a Clippers fan? Didn't think they had any on here.

When's the last time the Clippers won a championship again? Easy to take that post with a grain of salt.

R!kSm!tz
11-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Thanks Pat!

Dade County
11-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Smh

You posters don't realize Pat & Wade are just saying anything to place the blame on themselves...

Wade shouldn't have opted oit for his home boy Le-Con. & Riley should have traded Bosh away for that stunt him & his agent pulled when Lbj left.

The only thing i really feel that Pat made the wrong decision on, is that he should have talked to Lbj in his final season in Miami & traded him if he didn't commit to stay in Miami then & there.

So when Bosh would have tried to ask for the Max Pat could have lol'ed & hung up the phone.

IndyRealist
11-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Smh

You posters don't realize Pat & Wade are just saying anything to place the blame on themselves...

Wade shouldn't have opted oit for his home boy Le-Con. & Riley should have traded Bosh away for that stunt him & his agent pulled when Lbj left.

The only thing i really feel that Pat made the wrong decision on, is that he should have talked to Lbj in his final season in Miami & traded him if he didn't commit to stay in Miami then & there.

So when Bosh would have tried to ask for the Max Pat could have lol'ed & hung up the phone.
....no one in their right mind would trade Lebron James if there was any chance whatsoever that he would stay.

R!kSm!tz
11-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Trade LeBron when they were going for a 3 peat that year? Lol!

J_M_B
11-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Overrated IMO.

I agree he's given too much credit at times, but he still one of the better GMs in the league. He commands respect and is responsible for the stability of one the most well run organizations in sports. Miami has been a playoff team 18 of the past 22 years. The culture that people hear about down here is very real.

I think some few Riley as overrated because of the way he constructs his teams. He relies on FA and trades, but so what? He has a great track record. Pat hardly is on the wrong end of any of his deals. He hit big with Zo, Hardaway, Shaq and the jury is still out on Dragic. People point out that he hates young players and can't draft, but he's had success there too. In Miami's 4 trips to the lottery he's hit on Caron Butler, Wade and Justise Winslow, and over the past few years has found diamonds in the rough with Whiteside, Josh Richardson and Tyler Johnson.

His flaw is his ego. There's no denying that he shares a lot of the blame for driving away LeBron and Wade, but as far as his skills as a GM .. not many guys I'll take over him personally

DoMeFavors
11-13-2016, 01:34 AM
Smh

ANY time you have lebron youre a contender, no team is trading LeBron in a season.