PDA

View Full Version : 11/10 NBA GameThread

kdspurman
11-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Thursday November 10th, 2016

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/no.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mil.png&h=70&w=70

8:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/chi.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/mia.png&h=70&w=70

8:00PM
TNT

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/gs.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/den.png&h=70&w=70

9:00PM

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/lal.png&h=70&w=70@http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/sac.png&h=70&w=70

10:30PM
TNT

SteBO
11-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Getting through tonight's game is gonna be difficult on all levels. All I know is that HEAT fans at the arena had better cheer when his name gets called for the 1st time. You're an ingrate otherwise to me.....gratitude is the only feeling to have.

Vee-Rex
11-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Getting through tonight's game is gonna be difficult on all levels. All I know is that HEAT fans at the arena had better cheer when his name gets called for the 1st time. You're an ingrate otherwise to me.....gratitude is the only feeling to have.

I agree that he should definitely be cheered when his name is called.

After that though, boo him throughout the game!

R!kSm!tz
11-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Potentially the greatest return game of all time. Would be awesome if he had a huge game and would be even better to get a win. Need to start stringing together a few win streaks here and there.

kdspurman
11-10-2016, 05:43 PM
I know it's early, but huh? lol

R!kSm!tz
11-10-2016, 06:03 PM
I know it's early, but huh? lol

I think they're also 9.7 points better with Wade on and Rondo off and the defense is about 6 points better in that scenario as well. We run Wade a lot with a terrible defensive lineup with Doug Niko and Portis on the court so I'm sure that has a big effect. Jimmy Wade and Taj have easily been the best 3 players so far. Hoiberg needs to be fired before it's too late though, probably the worst coach in the league and his rotations are mind boggling.

R!kSm!tz
11-10-2016, 06:06 PM

R!kSm!tz
11-10-2016, 06:07 PM
We're the 4th best offensive team but we can't guard a ****ig soul. The defensive scheme is mediocre at best.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Nuggets could be a big test for the Warriors tonight. Looking forward to it.

Chronz
11-10-2016, 08:57 PM
We're the 4th best offensive team but we can't guard a ****ig soul. The defensive scheme is mediocre at best.

It's mediocre on average. We don't really know anything about the league thus far but the D is definitely on the lower end. I doubt the team remains where it is offensively given the weak schedule but if they don't improve defensively, you gotta blame the players too

kdspurman
11-10-2016, 09:53 PM
I think they're also 9.7 points better with Wade on and Rondo off and the defense is about 6 points better in that scenario as well. We run Wade a lot with a terrible defensive lineup with Doug Niko and Portis on the court so I'm sure that has a big effect. Jimmy Wade and Taj have easily been the best 3 players so far. Hoiberg needs to be fired before it's too late though, probably the worst coach in the league and his rotations are mind boggling.

Ah.. interesting. Still early tho , so who knows maybe it changes

tredigs
11-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Nuggets could be a big test for the Warriors tonight. Looking forward to it.

b2b's @ Denver are tough no matter what. At least they got some rest in the 4th quarter last night.

tredigs
11-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Dubs pull Zaza for Javale early in this one, and it worked.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 10:53 PM
lol I missed a quarter, thought it was a 730 game.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Let's go warriors!!

:cheer:

how are we looking

lol, please
11-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Loving that inside move by Pachulia!

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Durant fits this team so perfectly....

NYKnickFanatic
11-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Wtf are the Heat wearing? Those unis are hideous.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:11 PM
And 1 King Klay!! great feed from Iggy!

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Just a beautiful stroke from Klay....my goodness.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:37 PM
LOVE the ball movement. Sadly that 3 was slightly off by Curry.

Chronz
11-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Rondo a b for not giving wade those final ft

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:46 PM
Curry just doing GOATesque things, no big deal.

tredigs
11-10-2016, 11:47 PM
Lol Curry just completely ****ing around on the court. Just pulled up from about 43 feet for the hell of it (did not go in). 33 points on 10-16 with 3 to go in the 3rd though.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:47 PM
What a lob to McGee!!!!!

:faint:

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:50 PM
McGee!!!!!! OMG

Scoots
11-11-2016, 12:08 AM
Durant staying in to get his 20.

tredigs
11-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Durant staying in to get his 20.

Took him out short of the 20. Prob for the best. There will be 5 or 6 times he doesn't get 20 this year just by the nature of their blowout games.

lol, please
11-11-2016, 12:23 AM
Yea, agree tredigs, just another distraction we don't have to worry about.

tredigs
11-11-2016, 12:55 AM
Yea, agree tredigs, just another distraction we don't have to worry about.

Not the most meaningful stat, it was the longest 20+ PPG streak in 50 years though. He had just tied MJ. Oh well, at least he has good company.

Warriors reached #1 in Offensive rating after tonight.

R!kSm!tz
11-11-2016, 01:13 AM
Man that's Bulls-Heat game was ugly as ****. Our guys didn't have their legs under them but I'm just happy with the W.

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 01:31 AM
The kings are getting hacked left and right with no love... Like some are clear as day fouls... Cousins a minute ago was damn near killed going to the rim with no call.

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 01:47 AM
cousins is a bad bad ****ing man

lol, please
11-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Not the most meaningful stat, it was the longest 20+ PPG streak in 50 years though. He had just tied MJ. Oh well, at least he has good company.

Warriors reached #1 in Offensive rating after tonight.

I'm just impatiently waiting for us to take over in SRS.

:drool:

cousins is a bad bad ****ing man

Imagine Cousins and Klay on the 76ers...

tredigs
11-11-2016, 01:54 AM
I'm just impatiently waiting for us to take over in SRS.

:drool:

Imagine Cousins and Klay on the 76ers...

lol that'll be in the 2nd half of the year (if we get there).

Imagine Klay on our 2nd unit... that's where I wish we had him (except in the 4th). They need his help.

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 01:57 AM
i honestly cant believe what they are allowed to do to cousins... Its a flat out joke. He was just hit 4 times

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 02:01 AM
just desserts... Mogod fouled cousins and they didnt call it... He ran by him and got the foul call on LOU and the and 1.

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 02:02 AM
lol randle is beast

GodsSon
11-11-2016, 02:07 AM
Gay is brutal

hughest4
11-11-2016, 02:11 AM
Very impressed by the Lakers tonight, they have a lot of nice pieces.
Walton has this team playing with a lot of energy.

Lakers + Giants
11-11-2016, 02:17 AM
Tre, did u see cousins and Randle jawing. 2 knuckleheads going at it :laugh: even Reggie said he loved it hahaha

GodsSon
11-11-2016, 02:17 AM
Very impressed by the Lakers tonight, they have a lot of nice pieces.
Walton has this team playing with a lot of energy.

Randle is a stud and Ingram looks like he'll be solid.

Still not sold on Russell though.

hughest4
11-11-2016, 02:20 AM

Russell is the real deal. He has a lot to work on but he has all the ability in the world, especially on the offensive end.

Lakers + Giants
11-11-2016, 02:21 AM

I honestly feel the same, lovin our young core but Russell needs to step it the **** up.

hughest4
11-11-2016, 02:27 AM
Russell was drafted high but was considered a bit of a long term prospect.
He wasn't a true PG in high school or college, so its going to take him a couple of years to truly become one at this level. He is so smooth on the offensive end. He will be a great player for a long time, especially since his game isnt based on elite athleticism.

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 03:27 AM
Russell was drafted high but was considered a bit of a long term prospect.
He wasn't a true PG in high school or college, so its going to take him a couple of years to truly become one at this level. He is so smooth on the offensive end. He will be a great player for a long time, especially since his game isnt based on elite athleticism.

Going just by potential... He is insanely high to me... If we gauge the kids of the sixers/Lakers id have it like this

Embiid

Russell

Simmons

Ingram/Randle/OKA/NOEL/Nance/SARIC

I ****ing love Russ.

lol, please
11-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Going just by potential... He is insanely high to me... If we gauge the kids of the sixers/Lakers id have it like this

Embiid

Russell

Simmons

Ingram/Randle/OKA/NOEL/Nance/SARIC

I ****ing love Russ.

But what if you had Klay.

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 05:32 AM
But what if you had Klay.

we would become pretty good really fast... klay opens up our entire team man lol... I wish. Klay/Simmons/Saric/Embiid :drool:

R!kSm!tz
11-11-2016, 11:36 AM
What's the problem with Russell? He's 20 and already the Lakers best players. I think he's been really good and is hitting some insane shots as well. He's got a little curry in him mixed with other players game as well and he's like 6'6. He's going to be NICE.

hughest4
11-11-2016, 11:51 AM
What's the problem with Russell? He's 20 and already the Lakers best players. I think he's been really good and is hitting some insane shots as well. He's got a little curry in him mixed with other players game as well and he's like 6'6. He's going to be NICE.

It's just Lakers fans being over critical.
He has defensive lapses and sometimes he is careless with the ball. I think that's to be expected a bit from a 20 year old kid still learning the PG position. In 2 years all of the Lakers fans complaints will be completely gone .

tredigs
11-11-2016, 12:27 PM

Resident PSD prognosticating expert "PraiseJesus" actually felt Russell had the talent to become an All Star and even push for the MVP award as a rookie, but was derailed and overshadowed by Kobe's farewell tour. Now as a sophomore and free of Kobe's reigns, I can only surmise that D'Angelo is on his way to producing at MVP level for the duration of the season.

R!kSm!tz
11-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Resident PSD prognosticating expert "PraiseJesus" actually felt Russell had the talent to become an All Star and even push for the MVP award as a rookie, but was derailed and overshadowed by Kobe's farewell tour. Now as a sophomore and free of Kobe's reigns, I can only surmise that D'Angelo is on his way to producing at MVP level for the duration of the season.

Lol in 4-6 years I can definitely see that being the case.

While everyone is stuck talking about the Timberwolves young talent it's actually the Lakers young talent producing and getting wins. They're in the playoff race. Idk how long that will last but I've seen a lot of people say that this is the year the Timberwolves make the playoffs.

tredigs
11-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Lol in 4-6 years I can definitely see that being the case.

While everyone is stuck talking about the Timberwolves young talent it's actually the Lakers young talent producing and getting wins. They're in the playoff race. Idk how long that will last but I've seen a lot of people say that this is the year the Timberwolves make the playoffs.

I'm not impressed by the Wolves and vice-versa the Wolves, but, despite the record to the contrary I'd still take that Wolves roster 10/10 times. Losing Rubio early did not help for them, neither did losing all their close games (very Wolves of them though). Towns/Wiggins/Lavine have all been fantastic for them this year (better than all the Lakers outside of Randle who you could throw in that mix), what they need now is to fix their defensive identity (something they have the right coach to manage that with). Offensively they have been stellar and will only get better with a healthy Rubio. Granted, I don't expect Wiggins to maintain his pace as the best perimeter shooter in NBA history lol.

tredigs
11-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Tre, did u see cousins and Randle jawing. 2 knuckleheads going at it :laugh: even Reggie said he loved it hahaha

No lol I barely caught 10 minutes of that game. Tried to watch the end also but the lady had to be up early and put the kibosh on the tv. I DID hear today that they were going at it though and that Cousins tried to pick a fight with him on their bench haha. I'm predicting many years of ridiculousness between those two (even tho' both are UK guys).

Vee-Rex
11-11-2016, 02:33 PM
So LeBron refuses to meet The Undertaker outside the Cavs locker room? The Undertaker was supposedly waiting for an 'uncomfortable hour'. If that story is true, man what a ****ing *******. I don't care how big you are or how much of a businessman you want to be - if you're a fan of The Undertaker and he show up, give him a fist bump and chat for a minute and then leave. It's not that hard.

tredigs
11-11-2016, 02:42 PM
So LeBron refuses to meet The Undertaker outside the Cavs locker room? The Undertaker was supposedly waiting for an 'uncomfortable hour'. If that story is true, man what a ****ing *******. I don't care how big you are or how much of a businessman you want to be - if you're a fan of The Undertaker and he show up, give him a fist bump and chat for a minute and then leave. It's not that hard.

Yeah that's the business of star athletes rearing it's ugly head. The Cavs and Lebron James own 'team' requested that the Undertaker was at the game, mind you (paid for his flight, etc). Apparently 'Bron somehow thought that the Undertaker was trying to leech off his celebrity and refused to meet him (most of the other players met/took pics with him).

kdspurman
11-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Yeah that's the business of star athletes rearing it's ugly head. The Cavs and Lebron James own 'team' requested that the Undertaker was at the game, mind you (paid for his flight, etc). Apparently 'Bron somehow thought that the Undertaker was trying to leech off his celebrity and refused to meet him (most of the other players met/took pics with him).

I was a huge Taker fan when I was into wrestling. What a punk move by Lebron man. Why would he need to meet with Lebron to leech off his celebrity? Especially after like you said they requested him there.

He can be such a tool sometimes man.