PDA

View Full Version : Did somebody not tell DM;DR his contract year was LAST year?

JasonJohnHorn
11-10-2016, 01:20 AM
DeMar DeRozen had solid season last year, and though (even as a Raptors fan) I've been critical of his shooting, I have to say.. WOW!!! This guy is lighting it up. In a league where guys who just signed a big deal typically take it easy, this guy looks like he's doing everything to earn his new salary, accept shoot 3's ;-)

Anybody else impressed with his level of play so far? This guy is killing it? How long will this efficiency hold up for?

GodsSon
11-10-2016, 07:47 AM
His name isn't Curry, LeBron or Durant so nobody cares.

With that said, he's rounding into the best two-guard in the L.

Scoots
11-10-2016, 10:15 AM
His name isn't Curry, LeBron or Durant so nobody cares.

With that said, he's rounding into the best two-guard in the L.

Are we all officially calling Harden a 1 now? Just curious.

Vee-Rex
11-10-2016, 01:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Sea8KYc.jpg

FlashBolt
11-10-2016, 02:13 PM
I still can't take players like him serious until he performs in the playoffs.

IndyRealist
11-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Those free throws tend to disappear in the playoffs.

Pfeifer
11-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Hes elevating over defenders like Ive never seen him do. He looks like he just entered his prime.

GodsSon
11-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Are we all officially calling Harden a 1 now? Just curious.

That was my logic for doing so, yes.

Anyway, it's more than free throws with DeMar so far this year. Small sample size, but his efficiency from the mid-range has been incredible.

IndyRealist
11-10-2016, 07:40 PM
That was my logic for doing so, yes.

Anyway, it's more than free throws with DeMar so far this year. Small sample size, but his efficiency from the mid-range has been incredible.

Per minute, he's taking more free throws than anytime his entire career (12.8 per 48), 50% more often than his career average (8.4) and 3x the average wing player (4.3). I'd say it has a lot to do with his free throws. Yes he is very accurate for a mid-range shooter, but a lot of that efficiency is drawing fouls on shot attempts, which means that shot attempt doesn't count against him.

Toxeryll
11-10-2016, 09:47 PM
I am a Raptors fan but never a Derozan fan. I didn't want the Raptors to sign him to that ridiculous contract. But he's proving me wrong now. The free throws are always gonna be there for Demar (except for the playoffs). From what I am seeing, it looks like he mastered the mid-range game, he now has wide array of moves. In the past, he gets a lot of calls pump faking a defender but now I've never seen him do that this season. He is not forcing a lot of tough fadeaway jump shots which frustrates me a lot in the past. The guy just keeps improving every year and he's turning me into a fan.

aman_13
11-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Per minute, he's taking more free throws than anytime his entire career (12.8 per 48), 50% more often than his career average (8.4) and 3x the average wing player (4.3). I'd say it has a lot to do with his free throws. Yes he is very accurate for a mid-range shooter, but a lot of that efficiency is drawing fouls on shot attempts, which means that shot attempt doesn't count against him.

Oh no question; his high efficiency has a lot to do with his ability to draw fouls. It makes up for his struggles behind the arc.

He's really mastered the art of drawing contact. Of course come playoff time, he won't get some of the calls he's getting now.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:18 PM

I legit lol'd

lol, please
11-10-2016, 11:18 PM
I still can't take players like him serious until he performs in the playoffs.

You make it sound like he did awful last season.

Jamiecballer
11-11-2016, 12:07 AM
You make it sound like he did awful last season.

he sorta did. he put up one of the worst performances through 1 and a half rounds we've ever seen and to his credit he turned it around midway through round 2 but make no mistake about it he was lucky he had that opportunity.

kobe4thewinbang
11-11-2016, 12:11 AM
He's the new Kobe. Volume scorer that might need 25-30 shots to be a force, but he's still a force. He definitely seems like he put in some work over the summer cuz that shot wasn't falling like that and he looks far more confident.

Miltstar
11-11-2016, 03:08 AM
Mvp!! Mvp!!

Lakers + Giants
11-11-2016, 03:12 AM

:laugh: