PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Surprises So Far?

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Biggest surprises so far?

For me, it's the Laker 4-3 and the Pelicans 0-7.

I didn't expect the Lakers to be horrendous this year, but I did expect them to be a team that was developing young players and wouldn't be able to win on a consistent basis. Walton has really gotten them going.

The Pelicans... I know they are working with some injuries, but I can't see Gentry keeping that job for much longer. They already took a huge step back last season, and now it seems like they are taking another step back.

That Monty Williams firing looks worse and worse each season, though their troubles are also about the roster. I wonder how much longer this goes on before AD turns into Garnett going through purgatory in Minny and demands a trade. This is his 5th season in the league. They should be a playoff team pushing into the second round by now.

archdevil84
11-08-2016, 05:25 PM
wade's three point shooting

TheDish87
11-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Embiid leading the league in 3pt %
Warriors having 2 L's already
Porzingis low usage
Hardens assist numbers

Gibby23
11-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Sixers are still the process.

nycericanguy
11-08-2016, 05:57 PM
CHA's 5-1 start and Walker looking like an MVP player (so far)
Wade's shooting, tho he's coming back down to earth.
Embid's production overall
Derozan & Lillard's crazy scoring

Scoots
11-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Biggest surprises so far?

For me, it's the Laker 4-3 and the Pelicans 0-7.

I didn't expect the Lakers to be horrendous this year, but I did expect them to be a team that was developing young players and wouldn't be able to win on a consistent basis. Walton has really gotten them going.

The Pelicans... I know they are working with some injuries, but I can't see Gentry keeping that job for much longer. They already took a huge step back last season, and now it seems like they are taking another step back.

That Monty Williams firing looks worse and worse each season, though their troubles are also about the roster. I wonder how much longer this goes on before AD turns into Garnett going through purgatory in Minny and demands a trade. This is his 5th season in the league. They should be a playoff team pushing into the second round by now.

Have the Pels got their own training staff/facilities yet or are they still sharing with the Saints?

Clint Olbrock
11-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Honestly the Wolves, I know they lost 3 close games. I've not caught any of their games so I can't speak to the issue but at least it's still early.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Honestly the Wolves, I know they lost 3 close games. I've not caught any of their games so I can't speak to the issue but at least it's still early.

zero focus, sloppy stretches of play, we can't stop anyone over 260 lbs near the rim, and Towns/Wiggins are playing hero ball instead of moving it.

YAALREADYKNO
11-08-2016, 06:38 PM
The hornets

R!kSm!tz
11-08-2016, 06:53 PM
As others have mentioned, Wades shooting. He's at 45% and made 2 last game with his toe on the line. I think it's legit.

The Pelicans for being terrible and Davis for being ridiculously good.

Kawhi, Damian, and Hardens play.

Taj Gibson being a monster.

The Bulls being 2nd in offense when everyone said that would be their problem and also leading the league in rebounding on offense and defense I believe. You have to be crashing the boards hard if you're 2nd in offense but lead the league in offensive rebounding.

shep33
11-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Hornets hot start. Didn't expect this, thought they'd actually take a step back, but they're playing really well.

IndyRealist
11-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Not surprised by Charlotte at all. They were a playoff team with MKG only playing 7 games last year.

shep33
11-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Not surprised by Charlotte at all. They were a playoff team with MKG only playing 7 games last year.

I thought Lee, Lin and Jefferson's departure would be more significant. So far, not so much. MKG isn't even doing anything spectacular. They're depth is what is impressive. 10 deep.

tp13baby
11-08-2016, 07:56 PM
zero focus, sloppy stretches of play, we can't stop anyone over 260 lbs near the rim, and Towns/Wiggins are playing hero ball instead of moving it.

Add zero bench production with that. They just aren't a scary team when either Towns or Wiggins goes out.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2016, 10:26 PM
The hornets

I wasn't really surprised by them. I think they have enough talent to win games in the East. I like Batum and MKG a lot, and Sessions is one of the best back-up PGs in the game. They picked up Hibbert, who was going through a rough patch, but I think he'll be a solid contributor. Hawes is a decent post player to.... I'm not high on Kemba, but he's got game.

It seems like a lot of people are surprised by this. If they win 50 games, give or take 3 or so, I think that'd be on par for the talent they have and the conference they are playing in.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2016, 10:29 PM
I thought Lee, Lin and Jefferson's departure would be more significant. So far, not so much. MKG isn't even doing anything spectacular. They're depth is what is impressive. 10 deep.

I was high on Jefferson that first season with Charlotte... thought he deserve a couple of MVP votes (5th place) and certainly an All-Star spot. But he's a low post scorer, and needs the ball dumped into him and a lot of shots. I love his old-school post game, but it simply isn't efficient enough in today's league. I thought removing him would actually help their offense, even if he is their most consistent offensive player.

IndyRealist
11-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Lin and Lee are essentially average players, and Jefferson hadn't been a net positive in a while. MKG is easily worth the 3 of them combined.

I'm far more surprised Marvin Williams and Jeremy Lamb both lost their shooting touch, and yet Charlotte's still rolling.

R!kSm!tz
11-09-2016, 12:53 PM
I guess Charlotte is a surprise but to be fair they haven't beat anyone worth mentioning other than maybe the Pacers. The game they lost was to the Celtics, who are a pretty good team. We'll have a better gauge on them once they play some tougher teams, they've had a cake walk so far.

nycericanguy
11-09-2016, 02:46 PM

agreed, but not sold on them at all. I could see them not making the playoffs.

celticsman2009
11-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Brooklyn having won 3 games already.

Nycbball08
11-09-2016, 05:13 PM
OKC winning without KD

PurpleLynch
11-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Lakers are playing well and they mesh quite well. Walton is doing a great job in LA.

FlashBolt
11-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Lakers have got to be the biggest surprise here. This team was projected to be the worst or close to it. Looks like they might be able to crack the playoffs if they can keep this up. Randle is proving to be a force. He's a fcking bull.

koreancabbage
11-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Demar Derozan leading the league in scoring, scoring efficiently, and doing it without shooting 3s.

FlashBolt
11-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Charlotte is 6-1. What?

SeoulBeatz
11-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Demar Derozan leading the league in scoring, scoring efficiently, and doing it without shooting 3s.

Yeah Demar certainly deserves some praise. Certainly top 2 SG this season thus far.

He's got that Paul Pierce "Pump-fake midrange to draw foul" technique on lock!

FlashBolt
11-10-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah Demar certainly deserves some praise. Certainly top 2 SG this season thus far.

He's got that Paul Pierce "Pump-fake midrange to draw foul" technique on lock!

SG pool is basically dead. Klay is like the only SG in the position. Harden is listed as a PG and Butler as a SF.

I'm not buying that Demar can sustain this. He'll drop to 25 PPG.

TheDish87
11-10-2016, 02:38 PM
i dont think anyone expects him to keep this up, but 25PPG is still impressive and a top 5 scorer

LA4life24/8
11-10-2016, 04:10 PM
#1- lakers actually looking pretty decent. Way better than most people thought (still early though)
#1.b nick young (defense) 😂😂- thought he was done.
#2 the bulls shooting and coehisive team play. Look like theyve played a few years together.
#3 charlotte hot start pels/wolves not good start
#4 joel embiid. Damn. Ill be the first to admit i never thought hed amount to much (even healthy) but i was hella wrong. Hes gonna beast if he stays healthy.
#5 warriors losing to LAKERS (again, remember last year?) Haha

tredigs
11-10-2016, 07:04 PM
The Celtics being the worst defensive team in the NBA ranks #1 for me.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 07:44 PM

This for me as well, but it's a pleasant surprise, because I was hoping he could take that next step as the leader on that squad.

Miltstar
11-10-2016, 10:18 PM
As a diehard Raptors fan what suprises me is how much better this team has gotten over the summer. Kyle and Demar both won Olympic Gold and you can tell they have a new level of drive and maturity. I'm sure being around Coach K and all those great players has influenced them both a lot.

I can't begin to say enough good things about Siakam and Poeltl. Siakam especially, I think the sky is the limit with that kid. Carroll is back and a lot of players look to be taking the next step (Demar, Ross, Nogueira). They are simply deeper than most all teams in the league and can sustain pressure for 48 minutes game in and game out. We still have 2 capable players yet to contribute this year.

IMO this is the best Raptor team to date by a long shot and you know what the first championship in franchise history would mean to Demar and Kyle. I'm not calling it or anything but at 15-1 in Vegas right now it's looking pretty juicy.

Wade n Fade
11-11-2016, 02:02 PM
How about Chris Broussard going to FS1 (I know I am late), but that's great for ESPN? If they can cut Windhorst, that could boost their NBA coverage.

mrblisterdundee
11-11-2016, 02:26 PM
The Lakers and Nets are my biggest surprises.
I knew the Lakers would be more efficient without Kobe Bryant. But who thought they would beat the Warriors, while posting sixth-highest scoring output, 12th-highest-rated offense and 12th-rated defense in the NBA? They have a very balanced attack, with a four-headed guard monster and three guys sharing the duty as point guard.
Brooklyn, the most cobbled-together lineup in the league, was supposed to be in competition for the worst team in the NBA. But they're still on the heels of New York and Boston. Linsanity is making at least a partial comeback, while Sean Kilpatrick looks to be taking off. Justin Hamilton is looking like Phoenix-era Channing Frye.

TheDish87
11-11-2016, 03:30 PM
its early. the first year of the tank the Sixers went 3-0 beating the defending champ Heat at full strength and the a fully healthy Bulls team who was a contender.

Clint Olbrock
11-12-2016, 02:03 PM
As a diehard Raptors fan what suprises me is how much better this team has gotten over the summer. Kyle and Demar both won Olympic Gold and you can tell they have a new level of drive and maturity. I'm sure being around Coach K and all those great players has influenced them both a lot.

I can't begin to say enough good things about Siakam and Poeltl. Siakam especially, I think the sky is the limit with that kid. Carroll is back and a lot of players look to be taking the next step (Demar, Ross, Nogueira). They are simply deeper than most all teams in the league and can sustain pressure for 48 minutes game in and game out. We still have 2 capable players yet to contribute this year.

IMO this is the best Raptor team to date by a long shot and you know what the first championship in franchise history would mean to Demar and Kyle. I'm not calling it or anything but at 15-1 in Vegas right now it's looking pretty juicy.
Back to overrating your teams players, again, I see.

A real nice 0-4 FG 3 foul 1 rebound night from Siakam :facepalm: Coupled with Poeltl's DNP-CD :facepalm::facepalm:

Man, I can not wait for the Raptors early exit from the playoffs!

Miltstar
11-13-2016, 10:52 AM

A real nice 0-4 FG 3 foul 1 rebound night from Siakam :facepalm: Coupled with Poeltl's DNP-CD :facepalm::facepalm:

That's the difference between me and you, I'm basing my opinions on what I see in game, you're basing them on a box score :down:. What makes you think we need or even want Siakam to score? He's there to defend and rebound and he's doing a darn good job for a LATE first rounder!! His aggresiveness and the way he looks for his shot makes me believe he could be a force offensively down the road.

As much as you may not understand the DNP-CD had nothing to do with Poeltl's play it just more spoke to HOW WELL Lucas Nogueira is playing. Why would I complain about this? I'm not trying to say Poeltl is a dominant force already in the league, but I like what I've seen so far. He was playing out of necessity because of injuries to Nogueira, Sullinger and JV and he did a bang up job. You can hate all you want I'm preaching nothing but truth. Raptors are the team to beat in the East, I don't care what Cleveland or their gang of referees have to say about it.

Sometimes I wish we had the biggest B**** in league history on our team just so we could get some calls, but then I remember I'm a man, I like boobs and bacon. We don't cry when we win, especially when we cheat our way to victory and we sure as h*** don't look that ugly doing it!

Clint Olbrock
11-13-2016, 12:03 PM
That's the difference between me and you, I'm basing my opinions on what I see in game, you're basing them on a box score :down:. What makes you think we need or even want Siakam to score? He's there to defend and rebound and he's doing a darn good job for a LATE first rounder!! His aggresiveness and the way he looks for his shot makes me believe he could be a force offensively down the road.

As much as you may not understand the DNP-CD had nothing to do with Poeltl's play it just more spoke to HOW WELL Lucas Nogueira is playing. Why would I complain about this? I'm not trying to say Poeltl is a dominant force already in the league, but I like what I've seen so far. He was playing out of necessity because of injuries to Nogueira, Sullinger and JV and he did a bang up job. You can hate all you want I'm preaching nothing but truth. Raptors are the team to beat in the East, I don't care what Cleveland or their gang of referees have to say about it.

Sometimes I wish we had the biggest B**** in league history on our team just so we could get some calls, but then I remember I'm a man, I like boobs and bacon. We don't cry when we win, especially when we cheat our way to victory and we sure as h*** don't look that ugly doing it!

Lol delusional & sour grapes..

Raptors won't make it to ECF!

Miltstar
11-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Lol delusional & sour grapes..

Raptors won't make it to ECF!

tell yourself whatever you want if it helps you sleep better at night! I'd be impressed if Cleveland could make it there without the help of the refs!... I'd take Embiid over Lebron any day!

It's actually more of a proven fact the refs favour American teams over Toronto than sour grapes lol look at the history!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-13-2016, 01:07 PM
As of today Bucks be in playoffs based on standings. That's even without Middleton playing. Still a bummer we gave winless Mavs and Pelicans first wins this week cause of us.

koreancabbage
11-13-2016, 01:52 PM
tell yourself whatever you want if it helps you sleep better at night! I'd be impressed if Cleveland could make it there without the help of the refs!... I'd take Embiid over Lebron any day!

It's actually more of a proven fact the refs favour American teams over Toronto than sour grapes lol look at the history!

Proof please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albertajaysfan
11-13-2016, 04:37 PM

I think context is important. These kids are rookies who weren't expected to play much this season nevermind in the first 10 games. They have been useful which is a bonus for a team that was in the ECF last year.

Clint Olbrock
11-13-2016, 05:18 PM
I think context is important. These kids are rookies who weren't expected to play much this season nevermind in the first 10 games. They have been useful which is a bonus for a team that was in the ECF last year.

I guess, dude just acts like the Raptors have 13 ballers on their team when they have 2 or 3 guys who really move the needle.. Dude exaggerates and say the Raptors are the team to beat in the East, which is comical.

Miltstar
11-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Proof please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiDz6y4xrY

Miltstar
11-13-2016, 09:00 PM
I guess, dude just acts like the Raptors have 13 ballers on their team when they have 2 or 3 guys who really move the needle.. Dude exaggerates and say the Raptors are the team to beat in the East, which is comical.

Dude knows what he's talkin bout ;)

Clint Olbrock
11-13-2016, 09:13 PM
Dude knows what he's talkin bout ;)

Outside of you, no one would agree Toronto is the team to beat in the East.. No reporters, no talking heads, no former players, no executives, no coaches, no scouts.. Literally no one would agree with that.

Miltstar
11-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Outside of you, no one would agree Toronto is the team to beat in the East.. No reporters, no talking heads, no former players, no executives, no coaches, no scouts.. Literally no one would agree with that.

Someone's gotta be the first to figure it out haha, can't wait to beat Cleveland in the playoffs soooo bad the refs won't even be able to bail em out

koreancabbage
11-14-2016, 12:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiDz6y4xrY

That's just ****** refereeing. Period. It's like all games.

Unless it's a prove fact with stats, just a weak theory.

TheDish87
11-14-2016, 09:44 AM

not event he Raptors themselves believe it lol

Miltstar
11-14-2016, 10:33 AM
not event he Raptors themselves believe it lol

You trippin bro, they definitely believe they can win the championship. No smart team is gonna call themselves the hands on favourite haha cmon now smh. My knowledge of the Raptors is clearly on a different level than most folks here, it's actually hilarious hearing Americans tryin to talk like they know my squad.

TheDish87
11-14-2016, 10:48 AM
lol no one thinks the Raps stink but youre just a stupid idiot homer if you really believe they are the team to beat in the East. Like being an American has any bearing on judging a team in the league lol you clown.

Clint Olbrock
11-14-2016, 11:07 AM
You trippin bro, they definitely believe they can win the championship. No smart team is gonna call themselves the hands on favourite haha cmon now smh. My knowledge of the Raptors is clearly on a different level than most folks here, it's actually hilarious hearing Americans tryin to talk like they know my squad.

When your squad gets knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round I'm sure you'll be MIA or have nothing to say.

L8kers4life
11-14-2016, 11:24 AM

Man that's the dumbest thing you could say on his site, there are people on is site with vast basketball knowledge, just because you live in Canada, doesn't mean you know everything about your team, and the people in here don't.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2016, 01:44 PM
lol no one thinks the Raps stink but youre just a stupid idiot homer if you really believe they are the team to beat in the East. Like being an American has any bearing on judging a team in the league lol you clown.

Cleveland is still a big leap above Toronto. Raps have started very well, but we also have to factor in that they need to not only keep up their level of offensive/defensive play, but then beat a team favored, on the road, come playoff time.

tredigs
11-14-2016, 01:59 PM

100% agree. Until this planet can figure out how to broadcast live television across the invisible line between nations I don't know how we're supposed to figure out these Canadian superstars you hear rumors about in the Sunday edition of USA Today (only rumors of them of course as Americans aren't allowed to travel to Canada other than the players on game day).

tredigs
11-14-2016, 02:02 PM
But to be fair I only watch basketball from the conference finals on so honestly this is the first I've heard about this mysterious Canadian basketball team - full of no Canadians - who play in the NBA. Sounds like an Old Wives Tale. Not buying it.

Miltstar
11-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Man that's the dumbest thing you could say on his site, there are people on is site with vast basketball knowledge, just because you live in Canada, doesn't mean you know everything about your team, and the people in here don't.

Do you know what it's like when you make the ECF and your team isn't even listed on a four team poll for who will win the championship? No you don't. Do you know what it's like when your favourite player is rated 30-40 spots lower than they should be in a SI magazine? Do you know what it's like watching Lebron getting call after call on ticky tack BS and watching Demar get absolutely hammered with no whistle? No you don't, you're a Lakers fan. Until you understand where I'm coming from you probably won't understand the anger. It makes steam come out my ears when I hear people writing off the Raptors like. You're all gonna see it at the end of the season when we have the best record in the ECF. I don't mean to preach hate, I honestly love a good debate, but it's hard when your players are constantly ignored and underrated and ignorance is thrown in my face like it's factual knowledge.

Charles Barkley is the only American analyst that knows what he's talking about IMO, listening to Stephen A. Smith makes me go insane

Vee-Rex
11-14-2016, 02:16 PM
Do you know what it's like when you make the ECF and your team isn't even listed on a four team poll for who will win the championship? No you don't. Do you know what it's like when your favourite player is rated 30-40 spots lower than they should be in a SI magazine? Do you know what it's like watching Lebron getting call after call on ticky tack BS and watching Demar get absolutely hammered with no whistle? No you don't, you're a Lakers fan. Until you understand where I'm coming from you probably won't understand the anger. It makes steam come out my ears when I hear people writing off the Raptors like. You're all gonna see it at the end of the season when we have the best record in the ECF. I don't mean to preach hate, I honestly love a good debate, but it's hard when your players are constantly ignored and underrated and ignorance is thrown in my face like it's factual knowledge.

Eh, DMDR has been getting more fouls called for him per shot attempt than LeBron has in the last 4 years.

The Raptors have definitely been underrated and ignored but you have to understand why. 2 out of the last 3 playoffs they were eliminated by a lower seed in the 1st round. In 2015 they were SWEPT by a lower seed. Even though they made the 2016 ECF, it still took 7 games to get past the Pacers and 7 games to get past the Heat.

I'm not trashing Toronto, I'm just stating why people are still skeptical. Maybe they'll prove everyone wrong, but you can't honestly sit there and fault people for being skeptical. Come on, bro... just being honest here.

Miltstar
11-14-2016, 02:27 PM
Eh, DMDR has been getting more fouls called for him per shot attempt than LeBron has in the last 4 years.

The Raptors have definitely been underrated and ignored but you have to understand why. 2 out of the last 3 playoffs they were eliminated by a lower seed in the 1st round. In 2015 they were SWEPT by a lower seed. Even though they made the 2016 ECF, it still took 7 games to get past the Pacers and 7 games to get past the Heat.

I'm not trashing Toronto, I'm just stating why people are still skeptical. Maybe they'll prove everyone wrong, but you can't honestly sit there and fault people for being skeptical. Come on, bro... just being honest here.

Bro I get what you're saying but you're acting like we didn't grow from those 2 early exits. They don't talk about playoff experience for nothing and we have it now. Aside from Lowry everyone on the team is young and hungry. Everyone is buying into what Casey is preaching. We are like 13 deep, everyone can play. I'm not just spitting hot air, Poeltl and Siakam are legit additions. I may sound like I'm overrating them because I'm excited but they are both long athletic mobile defenders and Nogueira looks like he's finally ready to take the back up role and run with it. Add Valanciunas in there and that is 4 versatile skilled 7 or near 7 footers that can all contribute.

Norman Powell is one of the most underrated players in the league, I watched him lock down Russell Westbrook the other night. He's not going to put up huge numbers but like I said everyone is buying in to their role and the system, there's no bad apples. You have to follow this team closely to understand how good they are, Sullinger and Wright haven't even played a game yet and say what you want about them they are NBA level contributors. If people didn't tell me I didn't know what I was talking about I wouldn't blow up, I do exaggerate for sure, but I definitely know my Raptors as good or better than anyone outside the organization

My hatred for Lebron and Cleveland is definitely personal. He is the best player in the game for now, he's starting to get old, I just hate the guy with a serious passion anything I say about him and Cleveland should be taken with a grain of salt.

tredigs
11-14-2016, 04:55 PM

Charles Barkley is the only American analyst that knows what he's talking about IMO, listening to Stephen A. Smith makes me go insane
Lmfao. It's more than obvious that Charles does not follow the NBA very closely outside of the TNT games, and even then I don't think he watches half of them very closely based on his post-game comments (sometimes he outright admits this). You'd take Barkley's analysis over a Zach Lowe? Mk buddy.

The reason the Raps aren't taken serious as a top 4 contender to actually win the title is because they've never been one of the 4 best teams in the NBA (ECF stomping not withstanding. You guys got it to 2-2 then Cleveland started actually trying and just embarrassed them by ~25+ each game to close it up). Demar Derozan is not a dynamic player or legit MVP candidate. He's averaging a lot of PPG on a high percentage that is not sustainable. Everything else is essentially the same in his game (no shot, very little playmaking ability and very little defense). The Raptors are irrelevant because while they're a good regular season team, they're not particularly fun to watch and nobody takes them as a serious threat to beat the Cavs (or Spurs/Clippers/Warriors). If the Grizzlies were the Canadian team that they once were, you'd be espousing the same Canadian BS. The truth is there are just teams that people don't really care about despite their limited success.

Miltstar
11-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Derozan is not a dynamic player or legit MVP candidate. He's averaging a lot of PPG on a high percentage that is not sustainable. Everything else is essentially the same in his game (no shot, very little playmaking ability and very little defense).

Stopped listening, guy could make like 50 open middies in a row and you tryin to tell me he has no shot!?!?! smh, not to mention he's great at making plays... FOR HIMSELF!! Stop fooling yourself man he's the closest thing to Kobe we got right now

tredigs
11-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Stopped listening, guy could make like 50 open middies in a row and you tryin to tell me he has no shot!?!?! smh, not to mention he's great at making plays... FOR HIMSELF!! Stop fooling yourself man he's the closest thing to Kobe we got right now

By shot I'm talking about the perimeter, so I should have been more clear there. Dude is shooting 21% from three and is career 28% (not very Kobe-ish I'd say).

Derozan's play will come crashing down to his mean soon enough.

Miltstar
11-14-2016, 09:11 PM
By shot I'm talking about the perimeter, so I should have been more clear there. Dude is shooting 21% from three and is career 28% (not very Kobe-ish I'd say).

Derozan shot 33.8% from 3 last year Kobe's career 3pt% is 32.9

tredigs
11-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Derozan shot 33.8% from 3 last year Kobe's career 3pt% is 32.9

Lmao on what, 1 (wide ****ing open "come at me") attempt per game to Kobe's 6+? Also, far and away better than his career norm and current season.

Miltstar
11-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Lmao on what, 1 (wide ****ing open "come at me") attempt per game to Kobe's 6+? Also, far and away better than his career norm and current season.

Kobe was the greatest chucker of all time what can I say, it's not like Derozan can't hit threes he's just so consistant from mid range why would he take lower percentage shots? He's a really smart player everyone is expecting him to come crashing down but I dont even think he's peaked yet

tredigs
11-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Kobe was the greatest chucker of all time what can I say, it's not like Derozan can't hit threes he's just so consistant from mid range why would he take lower percentage shots? He's a really smart player everyone is expecting him to come crashing down but I dont even think he's peaked yet

Lmao dude only threes he ever takes are when he is WIDE OPEN (even still he ignores 90% of his threes when wide open from there) and he shoots 28% from three over his career. That is the definition of "can't shoot threes".

MJNetsIsles
11-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Brooklyn Nets. Happy to say that I told you so. Sean Marks has an eye for talent that Billy King did not.

lol, please
11-14-2016, 11:37 PM

Not sure why you are stressing the 3 ball, the Warriors play that way but it's not every teams MO, as others have said before, why does he need to work on his 3, especially when being efficient from mid range jumpers at a high rate?

Don't try to make shooters who aren't 3 pt snipers into something they aren't.

albertajaysfan
11-15-2016, 01:13 AM
Not sure why you are stressing the 3 ball, the Warriors play that way but it's not every teams MO, as others have said before, why does he need to work on his 3, especially when being efficient from mid range jumpers at a high rate?

Don't try to make shooters who aren't 3 pt snipers into something they aren't.

I used to worry about him not having a 3pt shot but what he is doing this season has been pretty amazing to watch. His decision making has seriously improved which is what is letting his game shine so much. He still takes a lot of shots but he no longer seems like he is being forced to take shots. Rather he is taking the shots he wants and is making them a good clip which sure doesn't seem like a coincidence.

canzano55
11-15-2016, 02:12 AM
I didn't think the Clippers would be this good - did anyone here think differently?

Miltstar
11-15-2016, 03:22 AM
I didn't think the Clippers would be this good - did anyone here think differently?

I"ve only watched one game and Speights was really looking good over. I feel like they're always pretty good when they're healthy. Wins on the road in San Antonio, OKC, Portland and Memphis are pretty impressive.

valade16
11-15-2016, 10:47 AM
One of the most frustrating things on PSD is the idea shooting = only 3 pointers.

DD is shooting 58.6% from 10-16 ft and 52.2% 16-23. Obviously those are not sustainable but to say he has NO shot despite those numbers is a bit ridiculous.

Vee-Rex
11-15-2016, 01:11 PM
DMDR started doing this against the Cavs in the ECF, btw. We decided to live with him taking those well-contested, low percentage jump shots and he ate us alive with them. It's one of if not the main reason they won 2 games. If you look at his stats games 3 and 4 you see he had similar, dominating games (and Biyombo having 26 rebounds game 3 killed us). Then we decided to switch LeBron onto him and started trapping/hedging hard off the pick-n-rolls and got him off his game. Game 5 he literally was only 2/8 from the field (but had plenty of free throw attempts). Game 6 he shot well from the field but only got 2 free throw attempts.

It's no surprise it carried over into this season. I really do believe he may have taken a step up, but eventually I'd like to see him find a more diverse way of getting buckets so that it's more difficult to limit him in the playoffs.

PhillyFaninLA
11-15-2016, 02:01 PM

Yup you are the only sports fan in history to understand what you are talking about

I honestly can't tell if your a troll or if you are a bit overly bias...the Raptors are good team but no special

and if you are serious cut this self pity whoa is me no one understands my view my team and my troubles stuff

TheDish87
11-16-2016, 10:40 AM
Brooklyn Nets. Happy to say that I told you so. Sean Marks has an eye for talent that Billy King did not.

lol 4-7 and allowing the 2nd most pts in the league. but yea big shocker.

R. Johnson#3
11-16-2016, 10:48 AM

It's almost as if the T Wolves have a bunch of young and inexperienced players or something?

I'm not denying the T Wolves will eventually be a force but a team with so much young talent will take time to grow. The whispers of them being a playoff team this year were ridiculous. They may have a shot next year but I wouldn't hold my breath. The T Wolves need time and that's it. For their fans sake I hope they don't trade away one of the core pieces for a vet and try to speed up the process.

R. Johnson#3
11-16-2016, 10:52 AM

DeRozan clearly needs to work on his 3 pointer because he isn't leading the league in scoring or anything.

R. Johnson#3
11-16-2016, 10:58 AM
DMDR started doing this against the Cavs in the ECF, btw. We decided to live with him taking those well-contested, low percentage jump shots and he ate us alive with them. It's one of if not the main reason they won 2 games. If you look at his stats games 3 and 4 you see he had similar, dominating games (and Biyombo having 26 rebounds game 3 killed us). Then we decided to switch LeBron onto him and started trapping/hedging hard off the pick-n-rolls and got him off his game. Game 5 he literally was only 2/8 from the field (but had plenty of free throw attempts). Game 6 he shot well from the field but only got 2 free throw attempts.

It's no surprise it carried over into this season. I really do believe he may have taken a step up, but eventually I'd like to see him find a more diverse way of getting buckets so that it's more difficult to limit him in the playoffs.

So far this year DeRozan has been one of the most diverse scorers in the league. His bag of tricks is overflowing this year and it's all thanks to the jumper falling. He's pulling moves off that I'm not used to seeing him do.

nycericanguy
11-16-2016, 11:45 AM
One of the most frustrating things on PSD is the idea shooting = only 3 pointers.

DD is shooting 58.6% from 10-16 ft and 52.2% 16-23. Obviously those are not sustainable but to say he has NO shot despite those numbers is a bit ridiculous.

His career %'s from that range is 41% and 38%.

He's obliterating those numbers so far. Demar has always had hot streaks though, the question is, is this a hot streak that just happens to be at the start of the season, or has he legitimately improved his shot drastically? Time will tell.

valade16
11-16-2016, 01:42 PM
His career %'s from that range is 41% and 38%.

He's obliterating those numbers so far. Demar has always had hot streaks though, the question is, is this a hot streak that just happens to be at the start of the season, or has he legitimately improved his shot drastically? Time will tell.

There's no way he can sustain those %'s, but yes, the question is whether he has gotten better from those areas.

And better doesn't necessarily mean a better shooter, he could be taking better shots and getting better looks. We shall see.

Mave1002
11-17-2016, 12:22 AM
Maybe coz I'm a homer but at this very early stage of the season, I'm pretty surprised of how things are going.

Being a bottom feeder for the past 3-4 years, It's amazing that the team has improved THIS quick after the immediate hiring of Luke Walton. They're better than 18 other teams right now and I'm still waiting for it to just sink in.

Black-Nance Jr.-Ingram-Clarkson-Williams. League best in scoring at 50+pg.

Only If we didnt lose to the Jazz, Pacers and Mavs (very winnable games IMHO) we'd be ranked 10-2. League's #2 only behind the Clippers (which is pretty surprising, too.) Regardless of the regular season outcome, I'm 100% that the Lakers future looks very bright.

Miltstar
11-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Maybe coz I'm a homer but at this very early stage of the season, I'm pretty surprised of how things are going.

Being a bottom feeder for the past 3-4 years, It's amazing that the team has improved THIS quick after the immediate hiring of Luke Walton. They're better than 18 other teams right now and I'm still waiting for it to just sink in.

Black-Nance Jr.-Ingram-Clarkson-Williams. League best in scoring at 50+pg.

Only If we didnt lose to the Jazz, Pacers and Mavs (very winnable games IMHO) we'd be ranked 10-2. League's #2 only behind the Clippers (which is pretty surprising, too.) Regardless of the regular season outcome, I'm 100% that the Lakers future looks very bright.

I wouldn't worry too much about wins and losses right now, it's not about this season for the Lakers, I feel like Deng is a really good guy to show Ingram the ropes and Lou Williams is probably doing wonders for D'Angelo. This isn't the year for the Lakers, but I really like what I see. They're right there with Minnesota for the best young core in the league, I honestly don't know who's is better at this point, only time will tell.