PDA

View Full Version : Who'd be best fit for Anthony Davis or what team(s)?

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 05:13 PM
TBH, i thought maybe Durant would want to join him in the N.O. But i believe if another star or superstar were to join him or vice versa, a perfect fit for him to would be Lillard or Portland. Also Phoenix would be a great fit imo with Booker and Warren. I don't get why he has no star with him. I wonder if they even pitched for a star.

hugepatsfan
11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
He would push TOR, POR, LAC to CLE/SA level. He pushes BOS probably a little below that.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 05:25 PM
He would push TOR, POR, LAC to CLE/SA level. He pushes BOS probably a little below that.

I agree. Def in Toronto, he'd be a monster with Lowry & Defrozen.. Portland with him, McCollum and Lillard, Whoo Wee! That be on a nuke level, highly explosive. lol..

Chapin78
11-07-2016, 05:26 PM
New Orleans is a small market team so the city itself may not be attractive to some players. Personally it's one of my favorite cities in the world but different strokes for different folks. I would imagine that players would want to play with Davis though because he's a great player though.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to be with another star or New Orleans Market sucks. I just don't know why no others have even mentioned playing with him.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 05:31 PM
I think Memphis would be a great fit as well..

andy2518
11-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Lillard and Davis would be dangerous.

hugepatsfan
11-07-2016, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure they've had the flexibility to bring in a star TBH. And even so, they're not one star away. Durant could have signed there and they still arguably wouldn't even be a top 4 team in the West (GS, SA, LAC, POR). They're pretty ****ing bad.

Blink
11-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Drummond for Davis.

One can only hope right.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure they've had the flexibility to bring in a star TBH. And even so, they're not one star away. Durant could have signed there and they still arguably wouldn't even be a top 4 team in the West (GS, SA, LAC, POR). They're pretty ****ing bad.

Yes, they are bleeping horrible. It also sucks that him and his team stay hurt. Tbh, i think he'll get traded b4 he gets a star to join him.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Drummond for Davis.

One can only hope right.

hmmm. Drummond would be furious...lol. But damn, detroit would be vicious...

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Chicago be a great fit. They'd prob have to trade McDermott, Mirotic and Gibson, plus a first rd to get him though. But it'd be

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Davis
Lopez

WOW!!!

Vee-Rex
11-07-2016, 06:01 PM
If I were Toronto I'd gut the team for him. Lowry has weight problems. Lowry has injury problems. Lowry will be 31, and in the offseason he'll receive offers of up to 150 million. The only way I don't trade Lowry this year is if I add another piece like Anthony Davis. Otherwise, Toronto with just Derozan and Lowry will never get past LeBron.

Raptors receive:

Anthony Davis
Omer Asik (terrible contract)

Pelicans receive:

Jonas Valanciunas
Terrence Ross
Norman Powell
Jacob Poeltl
Raptors 2017 1st Round top 14 protected pick (from LAC)
Raptors 2018 1st Round pick
Raptors 2017 2nd round pick (from New York)

Toronto:

PG - Lowry/Joseph
SG - Derozan/??
SF - Carroll/Siakam
PF - Sullinger/2Pat
C - Davis/Bebe/Asik

Pelicans:

don't matter

shep33
11-07-2016, 06:07 PM
New Orleans is a small market team so the city itself may not be attractive to some players. Personally it's one of my favorite cities in the world but different strokes for different folks. I would imagine that players would want to play with Davis though because he's a great player though.

Amen. NOLA is probably my favorite city in the US. Food, culture, etc., but I do understand why some people may not like it long-term.

But damn... Po-Boys, Gumbo, Crawfish, Beignets, and the people are so nice.

But yeah... I want him to go to LAL, for selfish reasons obviously.

Vee-Rex
11-07-2016, 06:09 PM
I want him to go to Portland or Toronto.

europagnpilgrim
11-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Chicago be a great fit. They'd prob have to trade McDermott, Mirotic and Gibson, plus a first rd to get him though. But it'd be

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Davis
Lopez

WOW!!!

that trade would only happen if Davis publicly states he only wants to go to Chicago to play with Butler/Rondo/Wade, if he doesn't openly say that then other teams would have better deals to dangle but that would be a sick starting 5

mike_noodles
11-07-2016, 06:25 PM
I would trade everything outside of Derozan and Lowry to get him to Toronto. He makes us a contender instantly. Give everyone under 24 and a boatload of picks, lol. NOP aren't trading him though.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Amen. NOLA is probably my favorite city in the US. Food, culture, etc., but I do understand why some people may not like it long-term.

But damn... Po-Boys, Gumbo, Crawfish, Beignets, and the people are so nice.

But yeah... I want him to go to LAL, for selfish reasons obviously.

Damn i love po boys and gumbo. lol.. Don't get that good ol food here in Wv..lol

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 06:29 PM
that trade would only happen if Davis publicly states he only wants to go to Chicago to play with Butler/Rondo/Wade, if he doesn't openly say that then other teams would have better deals to dangle but that would be a sick starting 5

very true..

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 06:34 PM
WOW! How about Davis & Embiid. That would be sick if Embiid stayed healthy and had Davis. But they have nothing in return. And Davis would probably retire if he was traded to Philly..lol..

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 06:39 PM
I want him to go to Portland or Toronto.

I have a feeling Portland will jump on him if N.O. keep losing. The media will hype it up for him..lol. I think he'd leave in heartbeat and go to Portland. Who would they give away though?

shep33
11-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Damn i love po boys and gumbo. lol.. Don't get that good ol food here in Wv..lol

Haha, dude it's so damn good. That plus the music and drinking laws (open container) and bars don't close till 5am I think... just a great place.

Yeah, night and day with Cali too. I love LA, but I definitely think NOLA is a dope-*** city.

shep33
11-07-2016, 07:10 PM
I have a feeling Portland will jump on him if N.O. keep losing. The media will hype it up for him..lol. I think he'd leave in heartbeat and go to Portland. Who would they give away though?

I think he'd leave NOLA for 25 other teams right now lol. Poor guy, I mean not literally poor, cause I've seen his car... but you know what I'm saying.

I don't like anything Portland has though for him, outside of Dame or CJ. One of those would have to go, and then everyone else on that squad has a big contract. Surprisingly, POR has the 2nd highest salary in the NBA. The big deals they gave to Crabbe, Turner, Harkless, Dame, and CJ added up pretty quickly.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Haha, dude it's so damn good. That plus the music and drinking laws (open container) and bars don't close till 5am I think... just a great place.

Yeah, night and day with Cali too. I love LA, but I definitely think NOLA is a dope-*** city.

You made me want some...lol.. I only ran track out there, never got to experience the lime light, but i will someday...lol..Yea, i love Cali taco shops that don't say taco hell..lol.. but nothing like that Soul cookin..lol..

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 07:22 PM
I think he'd leave NOLA for 25 other teams right now lol. Poor guy, I mean not literally poor, cause I've seen his car... but you know what I'm saying.

I don't like anything Portland has though for him, outside of Dame or CJ. One of those would have to go, and then everyone else on that squad has a big contract. Surprisingly, POR has the 2nd highest salary in the NBA. The big deals they gave to Crabbe, Turner, Harkless, Dame, and CJ added up pretty quickly.

I never realized they spent so much. Geesh! And i thought my Lakers gave out crazy money..lol..

smith&wesson
11-07-2016, 07:28 PM
He and George could be a good fit... Around the same age to

R. Johnson#3
11-07-2016, 07:34 PM
If hell froze over and the Raps managed to land Davis while keeping JV then I'd cry.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 07:41 PM
He and George could be a good fit... Around the same age to

Lebron would cry..lol..

GSRaider
11-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Indiana with Paul George... would be crazy.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Indiana with Paul George... would be crazy.

Lebron would then call CP3, Melo, Harden, Westbrook, Leonard, Wade, Bosh, Curry and a few more to join him cuz he'd know he be out of a championship. PG almost beat him with Hibbert(Really) and Stephenson, he'd def beat Lebron with him, Davis and Turner...Lebron would have the trade voided..lol..

Stunner
11-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Back home in Chicago

mrblisterdundee
11-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Anthony Davis is so versatile, he fits well on about any team or with any star. New Orleans obviously needs some back court players, and unfortunately, Jrue Holiday might be the best free agent point guard available this summer, unless the Pelicans think they can pitch Stephen Curry. Next summer, Russell Westbrook becomes available. He and Davis would be the most epic two-headed demon ever.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Anthony Davis is so versatile, he fits well on about any team or with any star. New Orleans obviously needs some back court players, and unfortunately, Jrue Holiday might be the best free agent point guard available this summer, unless the Pelicans think they can pitch Stephen Curry. Next summer, Russell Westbrook becomes available. He and Davis would be the most epic two-headed demon ever.

They should of offered Seth Curry. He's not being used much in dallas, for reasons unknown. He should be starting. But yea, Davis really does fit any system. That's scary good..lol..

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 08:56 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Klay leaves. Don't be suprised if we all see a trade of Klay, Green and 2 1st rd picks for A.Davis & 2nd rd pick or something of that magnitude. Speaking of Magnitude, i pray the Madrid fault isn't awakening and that those in OK are good from that earthquake(fracking)..

FlashBolt
11-07-2016, 10:31 PM
Giannis and AD would be scary. SCARY.

Chapin78
11-07-2016, 11:40 PM

Westbrook or Steph would be interesting in NO. I don't see how GS would let Steph go. Russell and AD would make a killer combo those are my two favorite players to watch in the NBA because they are dominant at their respective position and together they would be filthy.

Chapin78
11-07-2016, 11:42 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Klay leaves. Don't be suprised if we all see a trade of Klay, Green and 2 1st rd picks for A.Davis & 2nd rd pick or something of that magnitude. Speaking of Magnitude, i pray the Madrid fault isn't awakening and that those in OK are good from that earthquake(fracking)..

Klay, Green and two 1st sound nice but its not like those 2 1st's would be lottery picks. They would have to sweeten the pot in a better way. If I am the Pelicans I would want more tbh.

europagnpilgrim
11-07-2016, 11:49 PM
Davis/Lillard or a Harden/Davis duo full healthy would put teams on notice quick and would be a tough playoff matchup/team since each duo are capable of going off for 40-50 each on any given night(also with key pieces around them), out East he would be scary on any playoff team on the cusp of doing something big like a Celtics/Pacers/Bucks and he would push the Cavs to the limit if some how Raptors could pull it off while keeping the key core guys

if Lebron gets sick of the Kardashian mess then I am sure he could possibly talk AD to joining him in Cleveland where him and Irving would add another 7yrs to his already tremendous career, I know it probably wont happen but just throwing that out there as usual

if Davis throws it out in the media he wants gone then that clearly gives the other teams leverage as far as what they have to give up since he would be a young un happy superstar rotting on a bottom feeder

lol, please
11-08-2016, 12:15 AM
TBH, i thought maybe Durant would want to join him in the N.O. But i believe if another star or superstar were to join him or vice versa, a perfect fit for him to would be Lillard or Portland. Also Phoenix would be a great fit imo with Booker and Warren. I don't get why he has no star with him. I wonder if they even pitched for a star.

Warriors.

Dade County
11-08-2016, 01:07 AM

AD & Whiteside...

I would love to see the both of these players play together. It would be about defense & attacking the boards.

And if you throw in a slasher that can set them up, then you have the building blocks for a unique team.

While everyone is trying to go small this team would have a big advantage in the paint over most teams.

IKnowHoops
11-08-2016, 02:11 AM
Lebron would then call CP3, Melo, Harden, Westbrook, Leonard, Wade, Bosh, Curry and a few more to join him cuz he'd know he be out of a championship. PG almost beat him with Hibbert(Really) and Stephenson, he'd def beat Lebron with him, Davis and Turner...Lebron would have the trade voided..lol..

The best place for Anthony Davis, is the best place for every player in the NBA...under Lebron's wing and on your way to a guaranteed championship series. AD would love to play with Lebron, that would be an unfair matchup. lebrun would make the game so easy for AD.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-08-2016, 07:57 AM

Hell yeah.

warfelg
11-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Davis-Embiid down low would be nasty.

In reality, who the best fit for Davis is any team that can trade for him AND keep their best player. That's who.

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Davis-Embiid down low would be nasty.

In reality, who the best fit for Davis is any team that can trade for him AND keep their best player. That's who.

true

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 09:41 AM
AD & Whiteside...

I would love to see the both of these players play together. It would be about defense & attacking the boards.

And if you throw in a slasher that can set them up, then you have the building blocks for a unique team.

While everyone is trying to go small this team would have a big advantage in the paint over most teams.

I'm a Laker fan and if that happened, i'd be putting everything up for them to win championship. Who'd score against that length and athleticism? WOW! That's all the players would be saying with them two on same team. They'd average 10 blocks a game, maybe more..lol..It would be like having D-Rob & Duncan, but super athletic. It would be worthless going to the paint..lol

da ThRONe
11-08-2016, 09:41 AM

Right now Davis has too many years left on his deal to make that kind of demands. All teams would offer something better even if he said he only wants to play in Chicago. Which is why I'm not against trading him now. Dell Demps has made entirely too many bad decisions with this team. The only thing that can reset that is trading Davis.

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Davis/Lillard or a Harden/Davis duo full healthy would put teams on notice quick and would be a tough playoff matchup/team since each duo are capable of going off for 40-50 each on any given night(also with key pieces around them), out East he would be scary on any playoff team on the cusp of doing something big like a Celtics/Pacers/Bucks and he would push the Cavs to the limit if some how Raptors could pull it off while keeping the key core guys

if Lebron gets sick of the Kardashian mess then I am sure he could possibly talk AD to joining him in Cleveland where him and Irving would add another 7yrs to his already tremendous career, I know it probably wont happen but just throwing that out there as usual

if Davis throws it out in the media he wants gone then that clearly gives the other teams leverage as far as what they have to give up since he would be a young un happy superstar rotting on a bottom feeder

If i were Lebron i'd be letting Thompson go. It always seems that anyone who get's with the Karsmashians, they all seem to fall. I'd get rid of him b4 it happens. He's almost getting there, especially with that butt ***** tatoo of her..lol

KnickNyKnick
11-08-2016, 09:49 AM
AD to portland or LA clippers. Would make them contenders right away.

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Right now Davis has too many years left on his deal to make that kind of demands. All teams would offer something better even if he said he only wants to play in Chicago. Which is why I'm not against trading him now. Dell Demps has made entirely too many bad decisions with this team. The only thing that can reset that is trading Davis.

That's why i came with this thread, because i have a feeling he's going to want out by deadline or summer 2017, maybe sooner. But like you said, they are a hot mess and the only way o get a good return is to trade him and at least grab picks for 2017. They'd at least still have Buddy Hield to build around with some 2017 picks. They'd at least could get 2 possible stars out of 2017 draft.

da ThRONe
11-08-2016, 10:01 AM
That's why i came with this thread, because i have a feeling he's going to want out by deadline or summer 2017, maybe sooner. But like you said, they are a hot mess and the only way o get a good return is to trade him and at least grab picks for 2017. They'd at least still have Buddy Hield to build around with some 2017 picks. They'd at least could get 2 possible stars out of 2017 draft.

In the Pelicans official forum I talked about a trade with Phoenix and Philly.

We'd trade Davis and Holiday to PHX, Suns would trade Bledsoe to Philly, Booker, Tucker, Chris's and a 2017 1st to us, and Philly would trade us Okafor.

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 10:10 AM
In the Pelicans official forum I talked about a trade with Phoenix and Philly.

We'd trade Davis and Holiday to PHX, Suns would trade Bledsoe to Philly, Booker, Tucker, Chris's and a 2017 1st to us, and Philly would trade us Okafor.

That would be a good start for the loss of Davis.

Frazier
Hield
Booker
Chriss( or 2017, Giles)
Okafor

That's a good young squad to build around.

R. Johnson#3
11-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Raps can offer
Nogueira
Powell
Siakam
Every 1st rounder for the next 5 years.

lol

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Raps can offer
Nogueira
Powell
Siakam
Every 1st rounder for the next 5 years.

lol

lmao...

R. Johnson#3
11-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Obviously any offer from the Raps would have to start with JV but I can imagine the goal is to have the two of them in the front court.

celticsman2009
11-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Celts

Crowder
Smart
Amir Johnson
Brooklyn 17 or 18

PG- Thomas
SG- Bradley
SF- J. Brown
PF- Horford
C- Davis

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Celts

Crowder
Smart
Amir Johnson
Brooklyn 17 or 18

PG- Thomas
SG- Bradley
SF- J. Brown
PF- Horford
C- Davis

I'd actually think they'd take that deal with 2 1st rds instead of 1.

shep33
11-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Russell, Randle, Lou Will, and Calderon's expiring, and future draft picks.

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Russell, Randle, Lou Will, and Calderon's expiring, and future draft picks.

No, not Russell..

Randle, Deng, 2 1st rds.

SeoulBeatz
11-08-2016, 12:51 PM
I feel like AD gets a lot of unwarranted heat for being oft-injured and not being able to carry his team by himself.

Fact is he's currently the best big in the league (though KAT isn't that far behind)

He's been surrounded by mismatched talent for his entire career and would greatly benefit from an actual NBA team surrounding him.

His ideal fit would be Portland IMO. Lillard, CJ, and AD is a hell of a trio. I think Lillard and AD are legit superstars and together they could contend with GS and Cleveland.

warfelg
11-08-2016, 01:39 PM
I would easily cough up Okafor, Saric, RoCo, LAL 1st, 2019 Sac 1st, 2018 Swap, Right to swap higher of Sac/Philly 2017 picks.

europagnpilgrim
11-08-2016, 01:43 PM

Players have the power to request/demand something if they are not happy regardless of the years left especially how ****** the team is and also how young he is he holds a lot of juice right now but if the team/owner wants to keep them that's another story, but I was only responding to the guy who made the Chicago trade offer because I know teams would have a better package unless he states publicly he wants to pull a DWade and go home, which I think Chicago is his home

if he said he only wants Chicago publicly then teams would low ball them or back out seeing that he wants to go home only, if that was the case

sort of like how Kobe wanted out of Lakers and he was rocking that Bulls jersey and telling the Bulls they had to keep Deng out of the deal because he wanted to play with him, Davis doesn't have 3 rings but he has youth/dominance when healthy on his side

Vee-Rex
11-08-2016, 01:51 PM
I would easily cough up Okafor, Saric, RoCo, LAL 1st, 2019 Sac 1st, 2018 Swap, Right to swap higher of Sac/Philly 2017 picks.

And if I were looking to trade Davis as the GM of the Pelicans I'd shake your hand on a deal well done. Maybe I'd try to squeeze you for a little bit more, first.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Pels are gonna give up AD. Too great of a player on a 5-year contract.

da ThRONe
11-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Players have the power to request/demand something if they are not happy regardless of the years left especially how ****** the team is and also how young he is he holds a lot of juice right now but if the team/owner wants to keep them that's another story, but I was only responding to the guy who made the Chicago trade offer because I know teams would have a better package unless he states publicly he wants to pull a DWade and go home, which I think Chicago is his home

if he said he only wants Chicago publicly then teams would low ball them or back out seeing that he wants to go home only, if that was the case

sort of like how Kobe wanted out of Lakers and he was rocking that Bulls jersey and telling the Bulls they had to keep Deng out of the deal because he wanted to play with him, Davis doesn't have 3 rings but he has youth/dominance when healthy on his side

This makes no sense. If we put Davis on the market every team would inquire regardless if he said he wants to play in Chicago. Every team would have 3+ years to try and convince him to stay before having to trade him away. With all teams competing there's no way we get low balled.

warfelg
11-08-2016, 02:51 PM
And if I were looking to trade Davis as the GM of the Pelicans I'd shake your hand on a deal well done. Maybe I'd try to squeeze you for a little bit more, first.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Pels are gonna give up AD. Too great of a player on a 5-year contract.

Oh they wouldn't do most deals for sure.

But that gives them a core player to work around (Oka), cheap contracts to clear cap, a young 4, and tons of picks.

For the Sixers we kept 2 of our young stars. Cap flexibility, and some picks to add. Simmons-Davis-Embiid front line would end up destroying the NBA.

SeoulBeatz
11-08-2016, 04:29 PM

But that gives them a core player to work around (Oka), cheap contracts to clear cap, a young 4, and tons of picks.

For the Sixers we kept 2 of our young stars. Cap flexibility, and some picks to add. Simmons-Davis-Embiid front line would end up destroying the NBA.

Would certainly be one of the most unconventional/dynamic frontcourts in recent memory.

Bruno
11-08-2016, 04:30 PM

only in my dreams (and on my dynasty team).

too bad the Bucks took back MCW instead of the 2017 Laker 1st rounder in the Knight/MCW deal. Jabari/Monroe/Lakers 1st could have been an interesting offer for Davis. they dont have the pieces, only a few teams do.

I think Davis is a Celtic. Ainge needs to throw those assets to NOH and complete the flip.

PowerHouse
11-08-2016, 04:58 PM
How about a Randle/D-Lo package for him?

europagnpilgrim
11-08-2016, 06:09 PM
This makes no sense. If we put Davis on the market every team would inquire regardless if he said he wants to play in Chicago. Every team would have 3+ years to try and convince him to stay before having to trade him away. With all teams competing there's no way we get low balled.

Makes plenty of sense if he said he only wanted to play for Chicago, I didn't say put him on the open market, I was responding to a guy who put out a Chicago trade proposal and I clearly stated it wouldn't happen because teams could put forth better packages for him

are you not able to make sense out of who I was actually responding to? if not then of course it makes no sense but if Davis went out to every media outlet and proclaimed himself wanting to go only to Chicago Bulls and told the owner to make it happen then why would teams get heavily involved if the owner agrees to make his public demand come true?

nothing would ever make sense if you just take one line from what I said and try to twist it, read my reply in full so it wont go over your head and maybe it might make sense and dollars

europagnpilgrim
11-08-2016, 06:11 PM

that would be a poor mans frontline of Lebron/Dream/KG, only if they could turn back the clock and have The Answer in that backcourt with those athletic bigs/wingman to work with

hugepatsfan
11-08-2016, 06:23 PM
only in my dreams (and on my dynasty team).

too bad the Bucks took back MCW instead of the 2017 Laker 1st rounder in the Knight/MCW deal. Jabari/Monroe/Lakers 1st could have been an interesting offer for Davis. they dont have the pieces, only a few teams do.

I think Davis is a Celtic. Ainge needs to throw those assets to NOH and complete the flip.

Celtics don't have the assets to pull it off. No cornerstone piece. That's what's important in a deal. I think only PHI (Embiid/Simmons) and the Lakers (Ingram) have the necessary cornerstones if NO decided to move him now. It would take one of those players plus a ton more obviously but if they did make a deal they'd need that type of cornerstone piece.

Bruno
11-08-2016, 06:46 PM
Celtics don't have the assets to pull it off. No cornerstone piece. That's what's important in a deal. I think only PHI (Embiid/Simmons) and the Lakers (Ingram) have the necessary cornerstones if NO decided to move him now. It would take one of those players plus a ton more obviously but if they did make a deal they'd need that type of cornerstone piece.

I hear ya, but I dont know man Bostons collection of assets is so diverse, there's a lot to offer.

I really think Amir Johnson (match salary), Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Jaylen Brown, Brooklyn 2017, Brooklyn 2018 and one of LAC or Mem 2019 1st gets it done.

with the pelicans being 0-7, they could trade him off for a package like this. they'd secure two top five picks next year, the natural and Brooklyns. they'd do that for two years. Smart, Rozier, Brown, Hield, Diallo, 2017top5, 2017top4, 2018top5, 2018 top5, 2019 1st. thats a hell of a rebuild. celtics turn KG and Pierce into a newly inked 23 year old Anthony Davis and they challenge for the finals with a Thomas-Bradley-Crowder-Horford-Davis starting 5.

Bruno
11-08-2016, 06:54 PM

works for me but Randle and Jabari play the same position, if I'm the Bucks Giannis is off the block. not sure if there's a single player other than maybe Leonard and Towns with a better combination of youth, talent, upside, coachability, durability and contract size.

da ThRONe
11-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Makes plenty of sense if he said he only wanted to play for Chicago, I didn't say put him on the open market, I was responding to a guy who put out a Chicago trade proposal and I clearly stated it wouldn't happen because teams could put forth better packages for him

are you not able to make sense out of who I was actually responding to? if not then of course it makes no sense but if Davis went out to every media outlet and proclaimed himself wanting to go only to Chicago Bulls and told the owner to make it happen then why would teams get heavily involved if the owner agrees to make his public demand come true?

nothing would ever make sense if you just take one line from what I said and try to twist it, read my reply in full so it wont go over your head and maybe it might make sense and dollars

You replied to me saying that how many years Davis has doesn't matter in term of who would be willing to trade for Davis. Every team would call about Davis if we put him on the block because they would have him under contract for another 4 years. They wouldn't care if he didn't want to be there until they were convinced they couldn't change his mind.

Mave1002
11-09-2016, 06:06 AM
The Lakers after we draft Josh Jackson next year and sign DMC 2 years from today.

DMC/Randle
AD/LNJ
Ingram
Jackson/Clarkson
Russell/Clarkson

kobe4thewinbang
11-09-2016, 06:15 AM
They need to trade him, and I think it will happen this season, likely at the deadline. The dude is having a great season so far, dropping Aldridge-like numbers, but it's folly because his team just isn't equipped. Their other two primary scorers bolted first chance they got. Davis' contract is attractive given the new salary cap, and he would get the Pelicans a good package in return. Dude deserves better.

europagnpilgrim
11-09-2016, 10:25 AM
You replied to me saying that how many years Davis has doesn't matter in term of who would be willing to trade for Davis. Every team would call about Davis if we put him on the block because they would have him under contract for another 4 years. They wouldn't care if he didn't want to be there until they were convinced they couldn't change his mind.

You said he has too many years left on his current deal to make that demand and I disagree because he holds all the power if he actually wanted out of N.O. and wanted to only go play for the Bulls as I was replying to someone who made the Chicago proposal, you just came in and tried to make something else out of it like a media worker does

like I said if you took the time to read what I wrote in full then you wouldn't have replied back with the non sense because I clearly said other teams could offer better packages for him, this is really some elementary ish that you cant wrap you brain around

xxplayerxx23
11-09-2016, 11:50 AM

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Davis
Lopez

WOW!!!

LOL hell no

xxplayerxx23
11-09-2016, 11:51 AM
KP +Picks for Davis not sure if I'd do it cuz AD is always hurt but maybe

Dade County
11-09-2016, 02:51 PM

True...

Teams would still line up to make a trade. N.O want trade him until 2yrs left on that contract; but like i said before, we don't no the position of the leauge behide close doors.

They might want AD out East to create another super team.

da ThRONe
11-09-2016, 06:12 PM
You said he has too many years left on his current deal to make that demand and I disagree because he holds all the power if he actually wanted out of N.O. and wanted to only go play for the Bulls as I was replying to someone who made the Chicago proposal, you just came in and tried to make something else out of it like a media worker does

like I said if you took the time to read what I wrote in full then you wouldn't have replied back with the non sense because I clearly said other teams could offer better packages for him, this is really some elementary ish that you cant wrap you brain around

You are the one getting caught up into something not even an issue. Whether it be Chicago or 29 other teams Davis is under contract too long at the moment to deter other teams from making a deal with the Pelicans. Therefore his demands would be meaningless which was my point everything else you are talking about had nothing to do with my point and you're being all defensive for no reason.

smith&wesson
11-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Davis could be really good with the Thunder as well.

lol, please
11-09-2016, 11:48 PM
The best place for Anthony Davis, is the best place for every player in the NBA...under Lebron's wing and on your way to a guaranteed championship series. AD would love to play with Lebron, that would be an unfair matchup. lebrun would make the game so easy for AD.

He'd have an easier time playing with Durant and the Splash Bros.

LoveCaliFan
11-10-2016, 10:14 AM

They'd bite imo. Especially with all those picks.

LoveCaliFan
11-10-2016, 10:22 AM

I'd say replace Dlo with Clarkson & Lou. Boom..lol. Of course we'd have to throw 2-3 future 1st rds too. But man, i'd love Davis to be in LA...

LoveCaliFan
11-10-2016, 10:25 AM
They need to trade him, and I think it will happen this season, likely at the deadline. The dude is having a great season so far, dropping Aldridge-like numbers, but it's folly because his team just isn't equipped. Their other two primary scorers bolted first chance they got. Davis' contract is attractive given the new salary cap, and he would get the Pelicans a good package in return. Dude deserves better.

He sure does...

FlashBolt
11-10-2016, 12:01 PM
He'd have an easier time playing with Durant and the Splash Bros.

No he wouldn't. We're seeing LeBron transition into a Magic Johnson type role now that he finally has the offensive help from his teammates. Maybe that changes if Kyrie+Love slow down but for now, I think his role is to get others more involved than ever. Warriors are filled with volume scorers (Steph, Klay, KD). Adding AD to that team would make them better defensively and that's it.

Btw, do you have Kov or Ward? I'm thinking Kov tbh.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 02:04 PM
No he wouldn't. We're seeing LeBron transition into a Magic Johnson type role now that he finally has the offensive help from his teammates. Maybe that changes if Kyrie+Love slow down but for now, I think his role is to get others more involved than ever. Warriors are filled with volume scorers (Steph, Klay, KD). Adding AD to that team would make them better defensively and that's it.

Btw, do you have Kov or Ward? I'm thinking Kov tbh.
Rooting for Kovalev lol

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

FlashBolt
11-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Rooting for Kovalev lol

Oh man, I would have thought you would be going for Ward. Yeah, Kov is such a frickin beast. I'm totally excited for UFC 205 but man, Kov vs Ward will be great. I'm not expecting a knockout even though Kov can literally knock anyone out. I'm wondering if Kov and GGG could meet at a catchweight.. That would be amazing.

lol, please
11-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Oh man, I would have thought you would be going for Ward. Yeah, Kov is such a frickin beast. I'm totally excited for UFC 205 but man, Kov vs Ward will be great. I'm not expecting a knockout even though Kov can literally knock anyone out. I'm wondering if Kov and GGG could meet at a catchweight.. That would be amazing.
Yea I'm a big Kovalev fan. Ward is local but that's not really a factor for me, doesn't play a part in if I like a fighter or not. I think it will be a great fight, Kovalev is going to try and take his head off and both are facing the best opponent of their careers.

Also a huge GGG fan :)

lol, please
11-10-2016, 02:28 PM

europagnpilgrim
11-10-2016, 03:52 PM
You are the one getting caught up into something not even an issue. Whether it be Chicago or 29 other teams Davis is under contract too long at the moment to deter other teams from making a deal with the Pelicans. Therefore his demands would be meaningless which was my point everything else you are talking about had nothing to do with my point and you're being all defensive for no reason.

you the one getting caught up in your Pelican emotions because I was never replying to you to begin with, so you are getting caught up in my response/opinion which shouldn't be an issue unless it rubbed you the wrong way, which it obviously has

his demands would mean a lot being he is a max-allnba-superstar with youth on his side, if Davis wanted out and said I only want to play with Lebron/Cavs only then why would any team try to figure out a way to gut the team to acquire a player who states publicly/demandingly he only wants to play for one team and then the Cavs start to engage talks with the Pelicans about making that happen

I don't get being defensive when I was stating who I was replying to, it had nothing to do with your issues about what I said because I felt like that Bulls deal wasn't nowhere near enough and said it would only happen if Davis came out and said my hometown Bulls or nothing, you had no point off top you just twisted up what I said and starting getting defensive because of your Pelicans, which I am sure you own no stock in that franchise

this was the original post I was responding to:

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Davis
Lopez

WOW!!!

now you know damn well that isn't enough to get Davis when teams could make better offers, but if he said Chicago only and no other team he will play for publicly then teams will back off majorly as far as what they would have initially offered which would basically take them out the running

I never said teams wouldn't line up for Davis if he was avail on the open market so I don't know why you keep trying to make that a big deal

Forever35
11-14-2016, 10:44 AM
If Washington is in such supposed turmoil, I can see a deal involving Wall and Davis... Washington has no real draft assets besides their own and it shouldn't be worse than the Pelicans...

Wall, Oubre and Washington's 17' 1st for Davis and Pelicans 17' 2nd from Philly...

I'm hoping and praying it's the C's...

Both BK's 1st's in 17' and 18' (which aren't looking so gold anymore), Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and a whole lot of fillers... Also, Boston can take on some bad contracts if needed...

Forever35
11-14-2016, 11:01 AM

But, the Pelicans should have the #1 pick this year which in of itself is very good to have... (They can easily package that draft day for something else, or someone else)... I do agree that a cornerstone piece of a player is needed, but not many teams can offer both a player and picks...

Forever35
11-14-2016, 11:05 AM
I saw Chicago in some posts, but I would think Butler would have to go, but that's all they really have besides their own 1st which won't be great especially if Davis is on Chicago...

I also think the Pelicans need a player with a decent sized contract so they know they have someone for the long term...

Indy can move Turner along with filler pieces like Jefferson... (but they have no draft assets)...

The Bucks can move Parker and Monroe, but they also don't have any nice draft picks...

I can definitely see Jackson moving KP for AD...

The Pelicans having a top 3 pick this year is huge IMO...

I Also agree that the league would like Davis in the East...

Vampirate
11-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Anthony Davis would look great on ANY team lol.

FlashBolt
11-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Anthony Davis would look great on ANY team lol.

"Best fit."

Vampirate
11-14-2016, 12:48 PM
"Best fit."

Well the Raptors could certainly use his services lol.

s3antana5757
11-14-2016, 07:54 PM
I mean the best fit would be GS because they would likely never lose a game, and it's their biggest hole. But he would make the C's a serious contender in the East.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2016, 09:58 AM
you the one getting caught up in your Pelican emotions because I was never replying to you to begin with, so you are getting caught up in my response/opinion which shouldn't be an issue unless it rubbed you the wrong way, which it obviously has

his demands would mean a lot being he is a max-allnba-superstar with youth on his side, if Davis wanted out and said I only want to play with Lebron/Cavs only then why would any team try to figure out a way to gut the team to acquire a player who states publicly/demandingly he only wants to play for one team and then the Cavs start to engage talks with the Pelicans about making that happen

I don't get being defensive when I was stating who I was replying to, it had nothing to do with your issues about what I said because I felt like that Bulls deal wasn't nowhere near enough and said it would only happen if Davis came out and said my hometown Bulls or nothing, you had no point off top you just twisted up what I said and starting getting defensive because of your Pelicans, which I am sure you own no stock in that franchise

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Davis
Lopez

WOW!!!

now you know damn well that isn't enough to get Davis when teams could make better offers, but if he said Chicago only and no other team he will play for publicly then teams will back off majorly as far as what they would have initially offered which would basically take them out the running

I never said teams wouldn't line up for Davis if he was avail on the open market so I don't know why you keep trying to make that a big deal

Even if Davis forced a trade to Cavs. Pelicans probably say cough up Irving and Love for Davis and dead weight of Asik then it's a deal. Besides maybe a couple Cavs picks as well even though they'll be late picks.

Mave1002
11-16-2016, 09:44 AM
Next to Kawhi Leonard.

SAS/NO/PHI

Spurs
Gasol/Dedmon
Davis/Lee
Anderson/Simmons
Kawhi/Ginobili/Stauskas
Parker/Mills

Pelicans + two firsts from SA/Phi
Noel/Asik
Simmons/Jones
Evans/Cunningham
Green/Pondexter
Holiday/Frazier

76ers
Embiid/Okafor
LMA/Saric
Covington/Thompson
Hield/Henderson
Bayless/Rodriguez

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Since were throwing 2K trades out there. Here's my trade, Parker, Middleton and unprotected 2017 first and 2019 unprotected first. Pelicans say no but that's a decent offer if they had to part ways with Davis. If its a no then we throw in local New Orleans Moose for Asik. That should get them to say yes. If Davis or Giannis gets injured them picks be lottery easily.

TheDish87
11-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Next to Kawhi Leonard.

SAS/NO/PHI

Spurs
Gasol/Dedmon
Davis/Lee
Anderson/Simmons
Kawhi/Ginobili/Stauskas
Parker/Mills

Pelicans + two firsts from SA/Phi
Noel/Asik
Simmons/Jones
Evans/Cunningham
Green/Pondexter
Holiday/Frazier

76ers
Embiid/Okafor
LMA/Saric
Covington/Thompson
Hield/Henderson
Bayless/Rodriguez

lol wut? Sixers trade Simmons ANd a first for an aging, expensive LMA and Heild? nahhhhhhh

Hawkeye15
11-18-2016, 05:37 PM

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Davis
Lopez

WOW!!!

that isn't even remotely enough

warfelg
11-18-2016, 05:47 PM
lol wut? Sixers trade Simmons ANd a first for an aging, expensive LMA and Heild? nahhhhhhh

And Noel and Stauskis.

krazylegz
11-18-2016, 06:19 PM
cleveland