PDA

View Full Version : LBJ pass Hakeem for 10th spot in scoring list

JasonJohnHorn
11-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Didn't see a thread on this, though I assume there is one somewhere.

So young to have this many points... given how much he's sharing the scoring load right now, It might be hard to get to number one, but 6 or 7 more years scoring 20+ seems possible.

Regardless of where he ends up, being here at this stage in his career is impressive. It seems like he still have a solid five seasons in front of him.

More-Than-Most
11-06-2016, 09:19 PM
The king vs the process... It was the passing of the torch moment... He passed the Dream when playing against DREAM 2.0

dhopisthename
11-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Lebron needs 11,417 more points to catch Kareem. Assuming he can average 1750 points a year(thats playing 75 games and averaging 23.3 points) he will need 6.5 seasons. he is 32 almost 33 so that means maintaining a pretty high level till he is 39 years old. Seems highly unlikely he ends up as the leader.

europagnpilgrim
11-06-2016, 11:27 PM
i don't think he will catch Kareem Alcindor but he will give it a nice try, him or KD will be the only ones left to have a legit shot at that type of points total barring injury setbacks, which KD already has had to deal with which could hurt his case in the long run

I think Lebron has at most 2-3 more prolific type years left until we will see a major decline of what we are all accustomed seeing since 03' rook season, I see it this year but he still has that gear when he wants to show it just not at full throttle all game every game, I think K Irving can add a couple seasons to his career like Barkley did for J Erving

dhopisthename
11-06-2016, 11:37 PM
if we can give durant 2000 points a season critieria for Durant he needs 20,641 he would need 10.3 seasons. Meaning he won't get it till he is 38. The problem with things like these is that its likely he won't average 2000 points a season(26.7 ppg playing 75 games) as he starts into his 30's and if he has a season where he only plays 26 games again it makes it even harder. I can't see either of them passing it.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2016, 12:35 AM
Not gonna lie... This thread just put into perspective how ****ing sick KAJ was.

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Not gonna lie... This thread just put into perspective how ****ing sick KAJ was.

What's most impressive about Kareem is that he did it after coming into the league at 22. Part of the reason LJB is in position to pull this off is because he started at age 18. That gives him 4 years on Kareem. Kareem did have an advantage playing int he 70's with the style of game and the number of minutes he was given, which lead to big scoring, but LBJ gets to rack up points while Kareem was still playing in college.

KnicksorBust
11-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Definitely historic and impressive but just looking at raw scoring doesn't even come close to displaying the full picture of LeBron's greatness at this point. I'm more blown away by his assist stats this season. He's effortlessly getting to 10 assists and 10 rebounds these days.

IKnowHoops
11-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Lebron needs 11,417 more points to catch Kareem. Assuming he can average 1750 points a year(thats playing 75 games and averaging 23.3 points) he will need 6.5 seasons. he is 32 almost 33 so that means maintaining a pretty high level till he is 39 years old. Seems highly unlikely he ends up as the leader.

if we can give durant 2000 points a season critieria for Durant he needs 20,641 he would need 10.3 seasons. Meaning he won't get it till he is 38. The problem with things like these is that its likely he won't average 2000 points a season(26.7 ppg playing 75 games) as he starts into his 30's and if he has a season where he only plays 26 games again it makes it even harder. I can't see either of them passing it.

I've been saying this forever, but Lebron will easily take the scoring title away from Kareem.

The 23.3 points Bron has to average over 6.5 years will be easily done. He will average between 25-28 the next three years anyway. He will also play into his early forties. Plus Lebron is aware of stats enough that he will go get it if it's attainable.

Durant won't get their because he's not durable enough to get there, and his physical decline will be sharper than Lebrons (Lebrons physical decline should be the "best" ever).

andy2518
11-07-2016, 05:25 PM
I've been saying this forever, but Lebron will easily take the scoring title away from Kareem.

The 23.3 points Bron has to average over 6.5 years will be easily done. He will average between 25-28 the next three years anyway. He will also play into his early forties. Plus Lebron is aware of stats enough that he will go get it if it's attainable.

Durant won't get their because he's not durable enough to get there, and his physical decline will be sharper than Lebrons (Lebrons physical decline should be the "best" ever).

You sound like a school girl with a crush lol.

andy2518
11-07-2016, 05:27 PM
All-Time scoring list never impressed me very much.

Hawkeye15
11-07-2016, 06:30 PM
when his career is over, there will basically be 2 other players with a list of achievements, accolades, awards, stats, MVP's, etc.

MJ and Kareem. That will be his competition.

andy2518
11-07-2016, 07:26 PM
when his career is over, there will basically be 2 other players with a list of achievements, accolades, awards, stats, MVP's, etc.

MJ and Kareem. That will be his competition.

Magic, Duncan, Russell Don't forget.

FlashBolt
11-07-2016, 09:57 PM
What's crazy is that no one actually considers him a scorer. He's just able to do it because he's that damn good. I mean, this guy has a chance to end up being top 3 in assists (more likely he ends up being top five) and all-time at scoring. Has there ever been anyone that durable? How many games has James truly missed because it was a legitimate injury? My guess is less than a handful.

IKnowHoops
11-08-2016, 02:03 AM

As great as those guys are, from a statistical point of view, they are not on the same level as Jordan and Kareem. Awards wise Russell has a lot of hardware obviously, but still, so far from the statistical juggernauts Jordan and Kareem were.

When Lebron is done, his accumulated stats will be on a Jordan/Kareem Level, as well as his awards and hardware. That is one level higher than your Duncan, Russell, and Magics.

R. Johnson#3
11-08-2016, 11:11 AM
It's pretty absurd that he's already 10th when you take into account how much he moves the ball around. He's a legend.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2016, 04:16 PM

Nope, they don't stack up against those 3 at the end of LeBron's career. Everything Russell did needs to be looked at differently, considering there was no competition for most his career, and he is easily the worst top 12 player ever for me. He just played on a super stacked team in a league of few teams. Great defender/IQ, but not the same player the other legends are. Magic too short of a career/not enough of a defender, Duncan not enough hardware individually to match those 3.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2016, 04:18 PM
As great as those guys are, from a statistical point of view, they are not on the same level as Jordan and Kareem. Awards wise Russell has a lot of hardware obviously, but still, so far from the statistical juggernauts Jordan and Kareem were.

When Lebron is done, his accumulated stats will be on a Jordan/Kareem Level, as well as his awards and hardware. That is one level higher than your Duncan, Russell, and Magics.

yep. When the dust settles, there are 3 players who have the individual, and team awards/accolades/titles/etc, who stand above everyone else. MJ-KAJ-LeBron. They all have multiple titles, MVP's, Finals MVP's, all NBA everything, etc.

Bruno
11-08-2016, 04:37 PM
gut tells me he finishes somewhere between Kobe and Malone.

FlashBolt
11-08-2016, 04:53 PM
I don't think some of you guys give LeBron's competitiveness enough credit. Realistically, LeBron only needs four seasons to pass Kobe. That's assuming he scores 25 points per game for 70 games the next four seasons. LeBron will turn 36 in the fifth season (assuming he still wants to play). I don't think he'll retire being that close to the record. There's no doubt he'll pass Kobe just because he wants at least that much over Kobe (five rings will be tough to get at this stage). That leaves about 5000 points to reach KAJ. If he plays till 40, there's no doubt LeBron will probably surpass Kareem. That's assuming he scores 15 points for 70 games from 36-40. He can do it but it's going to become an ego thing for him. The greats don't like staying way past their primes. IMO, I think LeBron's going to play up until his son reaches the NBA. That would be INSANE.