PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for Westbrook to average a Triple Double over the course of the season

Jeffy25
11-03-2016, 10:18 PM
He certainly gets Triple Doubles. His 4th game of the season was the first non-triple double of the year. But he could put up some seriously huge numbers this season, and will likely have to battle for 82 games to produce enough for the Thunder to be competitive.

How crazy would it be?

tredigs
11-03-2016, 10:21 PM
He certainly gets Triple Doubles. His 4th game of the season was the first non-triple double of the year. But he could put up some seriously huge numbers this season, and will likely have to battle for 82 games to produce enough for the Thunder to be competitive.

How crazy would it be?

Too tough to get the rebounds. That's where he'll probably fall short again.

basch152
11-04-2016, 01:35 AM
No. It takes too much.

More-Than-Most
11-04-2016, 01:48 AM
at this rate he will literally be dead by midseason

Gibby23
11-04-2016, 11:55 AM
rebounding will be hard to keep up. I think he ends up averaging around 8 rebounds a game.

mightybosstone
11-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Anything is possible, but there are a lot of factors to consider, like his health, the team's style of play, how well OKC is playing, etc. I agree that rebounds are probably his biggest obstacle because he's pretty much a lock to get the points and assists. But if the team plays more small ball this year or plays at a faster pace, it's feasible he could get 10 a night.

However, if I had to put a percentage on how likely it is that he pulls it off, I'd easily give it less than 5 percent, probably less than 1 percent.

ManningToTyree
11-04-2016, 12:06 PM
He has the best chance of anyone since lebron was playing by himself in CLE the first time. I say he will fall a little short in the Rebounds category.

Gibby23
11-04-2016, 12:23 PM
He has the best chance of anyone since lebron was playing by himself in CLE the first time. I say he will fall a little short in the Rebounds category.

Lebron looks to have a great chance this year too

nycericanguy
11-04-2016, 12:43 PM
def has the best chance this year than anyone has had in my lifetime.

ManningToTyree
11-04-2016, 12:47 PM

Lebron looks to have a great chance this year too if he put his mind to doing it over 82 games he probably could do it.

nycericanguy
11-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Lebron looks to have a great chance this year too

lebron has too much help to sustain it.

WB though has no one so he'll have the ball in his hands much more and his teammates shoot low % which will lead to more rebound chances.

PhillyFaninLA
11-04-2016, 12:53 PM

How crazy would it be?

he didn't get one game one, he only had 9 assits

IndyRealist
11-04-2016, 01:45 PM
It would be a lot easier if he could spread the scoring load. 15/10/10 seems a lot more doable than 30/10/10.

tredigs
11-04-2016, 02:38 PM
It would be a lot easier if he could spread the scoring load. 15/10/10 seems a lot more doable than 30/10/10.

Lol they certainly need more than 15 out of him. That roster is nowhere near talented enough offensively (and he is too potent offensively) for that. The rebounds are what is not sustainable there. Unless they're actively allowing him to get the boards (extremely, extremely rare for bigs to allow their guards to get the open board), he'll never sustain that for a full season.

Ditto Lebron. I suppose it's possible he could have his first 10 APG run of his career (in either post or regular season), but again he'd have to be a PF and would have to be gifted rebounds in order to try to sustain it all season.

No more overrated or arbitrary stat than a triple-double anyway. It's seen by many as the ultimate per-game performance. Fact of the matter is that it is not, and more often than not comes to the detriment of the team if the player is actually stat-focused within the game, be it being out of position or simply taking stats away from other players (in turn pissing them off and subtly reducing their drive within a game. Gotta keep everyone happy).

tredigs
11-04-2016, 02:43 PM
You think Westbrook's teammates like all these national commercials airing every 5 minutes in Oklahoma with Westbrook singing "now I do what I want! now I do what I want!". No, I can almost 100% guarantee that they quietly can't stand them, and if the Thunder go on a losing streak where Westbrook is throwing up brick after brick, stealing rebounds, etc (hypothetical, not necessarily saying he is or will), then it will probably become an issue for the team. That team has an EXCELLENT defense (the only thing keeping them afloat as they have the 2nd worst offense in the NBA right now), and they won't like being 100% overshadowed by the Westbrook show. It's just human nature.

JAZZNC
11-04-2016, 03:05 PM
You think Westbrook's teammates like all these national commercials airing every 5 minutes in Oklahoma with Westbrook singing "now I do what I want! now I do what I want!". No, I can almost 100% guarantee that they quietly can't stand them, and if the Thunder go on a losing streak where Westbrook is throwing up brick after brick, stealing rebounds, etc (hypothetical, not necessarily saying he is or will), then it will probably become an issue for the team. That team has an EXCELLENT defense (the only thing keeping them afloat as they have the 2nd worst offense in the NBA right now), and they won't like being 100% overshadowed by the Westbrook show. It's just human nature.

Then the other guys on the team should stop being marginal at best players. This isn't elementary school so nobody is really gonna care about your feelings especially when you're nothing special on the court. Do you really think anybody on that team expected anything different than what's currently happening? I don't see anybody doing Westbrook like they did Jackson a few years ago.