PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love playing his best b-ball in 4 years?

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Since leaving Minny.... K-Love has struggled. This year, despite his rebounding being down a little, and his three-point shot being slightly off, he is having his best basketball since his Minny days.

The Cavs are undefeated, and if K-Love can get his 3-pt shot back to where it was, this team is going to look every bit the super team that Golden State is. If Love puts up his Minny number and Kyrie plays 4/5ths as well as he did in the finals while LBJ facilitates and Tristan rebounds and defends, this is going to be a hard team to beat, even with KD, Curry, Klay and Barnes on the same team.

Anybody else impressed with Love so far? It seems like the Cavs best basketball in ahead of them right now.

Vee-Rex
11-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Efficiency aside he has been playing great. He has a terrific motor this year.

But the efficiency is huge and that has gotta improve.

IndyRealist
11-03-2016, 10:05 PM
What makes Love special is his 3pt shooting at his position, his massive rebounding advantage, and his passing ability. This is the lowest rebounding rate of his career, the lowest assist rate of his career, and the lowest 3pt% of his career outside of his rookie year and one injured year.

Chronz
11-04-2016, 12:47 AM
Agreed OP, his scoring rate is the highest its ever been in CLE and only a shade under his Minny days with no real loss in efficiency from prior Cleveland years. Thats a good development. His shot has been off but hes relying less on solely shooting them.

FlashBolt
11-05-2016, 01:35 PM
I haven't seen much improvement in his game. What I've seen is LeBron and others trying to get Kevin Love more touches -- which explains his increase in scoring. But he needs to work on his efficiency and try to get easier shots. He forces way too many terrible ones and his rebounding is also at a career low. One thing I have to give him credit for is his defense. He's been much better with his feet and staying on his man. Will be huge against the Warriors. They will need him to be a team defender.

Btw, Chronz. Do you still think Kyrie isn't as good as Lowry? Way too early in the season but he's the best three point shooter right now.

Vampirate
11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
I haven't seen much improvement in his game. What I've seen is LeBron and others trying to get Kevin Love more touches -- which explains his increase in scoring. But he needs to work on his efficiency and try to get easier shots. He forces way too many terrible ones and his rebounding is also at a career low. One thing I have to give him credit for is his defense. He's been much better with his feet and staying on his man. Will be huge against the Warriors. They will need him to be a team defender.

Btw, Chronz. Do you still think Kyrie isn't as good as Lowry? Way too early in the season but he's the best three point shooter right now.

If we are talking about what's been done so far, i'd take Derozan over Kyrie lol. Kyrie may be the best 3 point shooter 'right now' but Derozan is the best scorer 'right now'.

SSS man SSS.

Vampirate
11-05-2016, 03:09 PM
As for Love, i'm not even sure if he's the best bigman in his own division, if he can score 22ppg at around .450+ fg% I might give it to him but until then it's very up to debate imo.

Chronz
11-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Why some of yall harping on his efficiency when its up there with the other Big2?

LOL I had them on equal footing with the knowledge that Kyrie had another gear he could develop. Not sure what you're talking about

Vampirate
11-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Why some of yall harping on his efficiency when its up there with the other Big2?

Putting it simply, he has turned into 14/15 Derozan with a much better 3 point shot with his scoring which is kinda weird.

Edit: I'll give that Love is getting to the line better and is converting free throws better than Derozan has yet.

Vee-Rex
11-05-2016, 05:34 PM

LOL I had them on equal footing with the knowledge that Kyrie had another gear he could develop. Not sure what you're talking about

I mean if Boston wasn't hacking him with their backups (12/13 from the line on Thursday) his TS% would probably be much lower.

It helps that he gets to the line but it still doesn't make me feel good that he struggles to hit wide open shots. I swear TS% can be fools gold on how a player is performing.

Chronz
11-05-2016, 05:54 PM
I mean if Boston wasn't hacking him with their backups (12/13 from the line on Thursday) his TS% would probably be much lower.

It helps that he gets to the line but it still doesn't make me feel good that he struggles to hit wide open shots. I swear TS% can be fools gold on how a player is performing.
But he DID get to the line. Those still contribute to his efficiency and his scoring rate, his career low turnover% is also boosting his line. Career best start from him thus far, Im sure the lines stabilize but I have heard he had a pretty good strength regiment program this year and I wouldn't be surprised if this is a sign of him wanting to bang more and get to the line at a higher rate than ever before. Hes certainly playing differently this year.

Chronz
11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Lets put it this way, take out the Boston game in its entirety, his PPP is still above last year on higher volume. I hope Bron rides Love+Kyrie like this all year long.

kobe4thewinbang
11-05-2016, 08:18 PM
It's about time he started contributing more. He had moments last season, but this dude was the man in Minnesota after KG left. I still don't think it was a good move with how good Wiggins is now, but it's nice that Cavaliers are trying to utilize him. I still think he could be traded for more complimentary players.