PDA

View Full Version : Is Giannis more Lebron? Durant? Man Child? OR all three?

Giannis94
11-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Serious question. And btw I think he is more like Lebron.

europagnpilgrim
11-02-2016, 06:15 PM
He is a PG/SF version of Larry Nance who use to be a sky riser for the Cavs, I think his son now play for Lakers

ewing
11-02-2016, 06:20 PM
He is a combination of Tim Tebow, Wilt, the Dalai Lama, Credic Maxwell, Speedy Claxton, and Jaun Dixon. :nod:

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Blaine Gabbert most def...

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 06:45 PM
He's more like you...FARBAGE!

mrblisterdundee
11-02-2016, 07:15 PM
I would say LeBron James, although Basketball-Reference said he's most similar to Raef LeFrentz :confused:.

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 07:23 PM
For real though...Kukoc

Giannis94
11-02-2016, 08:27 PM
I would say LeBron James, although Basketball-Reference said he's most similar to Raef LeFrentz :confused:.

Could Raef play all 5 positions?

kingkenny01
11-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Combo of fergie and Jesus

ewing
11-02-2016, 09:06 PM
For real though...Kukoc

that's not bad but he is 10 times of defender/athlete and doesn't have Toni's finesse.

Giannis94
11-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Combo of fergie and Jesus

I like it.

still1ballin
11-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Beetlejuice

cmellofan15
11-03-2016, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't dare compare Giannis to a guy who carried his teams to the playoffs. maybe a lamar odom would be more appropriate.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Kinda reminds me of Grant Hill

warfelg
11-03-2016, 11:34 AM

I like this.

IndyRealist
11-03-2016, 02:42 PM

Not as refined, but physically a great comparison.

Vee-Rex
11-03-2016, 02:56 PM
More like LeBron than Durant, since jump shooting is a key component in Durant's game.

I was telling dudes - Giannis bout to be the 5th best SF this year. People were sleepin' on him.

He'll need to put up some good years and get some playoff success before edging out Paul George for the 4th spot.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Not as refined, but physically a great comparison.

remember, Hill was a rookie at the same age G is now. The more I think of it, the more I like the comparison. Though, the refined part I kind of agree with. The numbers are similar.

benzni
11-03-2016, 02:59 PM
He is a Greek God thats the only answer

tredigs
11-03-2016, 05:09 PM
remember, Hill was a rookie at the same age G is now. The more I think of it, the more I like the comparison. Though, the refined part I kind of agree with. The numbers are similar.

I do like this too. Hill never had a 3pt shot either. Giannis' is showing that he's trying to take more 3's this year, but he's just so bottom of the barrel dreadful at it that nobody cares. His problem was and continues to be his ability to space the court. Basically if he's not dunking the ball he's not scoring, so despite his ability to still score at a good clip, it's not going to spread the floor (which without Rondo-level playmaking is an issue for him/them). If all he does next summer is work on developing even a passable mid-range and/or 3pt shot, look out.

Bruno
11-04-2016, 12:20 AM
Five game averages without Middleton:

23.3, 9.3, 5.8, 1, 2, 2TO. 51.4%, 82.4% from the strike.

those are 1984 Larry Bird type averages. their games are different but its interesting how Giannis is hovering around those types of numbers through five.

Chronz
11-04-2016, 01:16 AM
^ Doing better than I expected thats for sure but Ill reserve judgement until everything stabilizes. Thought he would be another year away from reaching this level, the team influence is still a work in progress tho.

Bruno
11-04-2016, 02:41 AM
^ Doing better than I expected thats for sure but Ill reserve judgement until everything stabilizes. Thought he would be another year away from reaching this level, the team influence is still a work in progress tho.

i'm surprised by how theyre playing as a team. I expected lower percentages after the Middleton injury. shooting percentage and ft% should dip a few percentages points from where theyre at right now by the new year. Right now Charlotte and Detroit are top five defenses by DTR but it hasn't been the toughest schedule either.

Chronz
11-04-2016, 04:18 AM
i'm surprised by how theyre playing as a team. I expected lower percentages after the Middleton injury. shooting percentage and ft% should dip a few percentages points from where theyre at right now by the new year. Right now Charlotte and Detroit are top five defenses by DTR but it hasn't been the toughest schedule either.

Negative SRS right now, its not that great thus far and their victories aren't that impressive. Early tho

Bruno
11-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Negative SRS right now, its not that great thus far and their victories aren't that impressive. Early tho

not great at all, but I was expecting a train wreck after the Middleton injury. even w/ a mid pack SRS the should hit their post Middleton injury vegas under/over.

Bruno
11-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Giannis through five games:

PER of 28.1- 8th in the league
BPM- 7.75- 6th in the league
VORP- .44- 8th in the league.

He's not top ten in WS right now but he's probably somewhere in the top 15.

ewing
11-04-2016, 10:26 PM
young AK47 is the best comparison i can come up with. He was a great player too and really had to sacrifice i bog part of his game when Deron Willams was an elite player maker in Utah

FlashBolt
11-05-2016, 01:32 PM
@Chronz, I don't think it was a surprise to those who actually watched him play. He's a much better player every year and his physique alone gives him such a distinct advantage that it was bound to happen for him. Bucks will make the playoffs this season. Jabari is becoming a huge scoring threat for them and with Delly, much of KM's scoring has been a non-issue. If you aren't impressed by their wins, it's certainly not Giannis's problem. He's doing his job. Greg Monroe needs to step up.

Chronz
11-05-2016, 04:43 PM
@Chronz, I don't think it was a surprise to those who actually watched him play.
Hardly, this is above and beyond what anyone dared to project for him and that includes people "who actually watched him play". Let me put it to you this way, this would akin to me saying "those who saw DeRozen play knew he could play at a level higher than any of MJ and LeBrons best statistical campaigns", LOL you really want to go out on a limb and say all these stats wont stabilize?

I've asked plenty, seen nothing from anyone that suggests they were expecting this, at least this early after having lost his best floor spacer.

He's a much better player every year and his physique alone gives him such a distinct advantage that it was bound to happen for him.
Never suggested otherwise, the key word being "bound to happen". I was on the Giannis train his rookie year, I remember guys like Beasted saying he doesn't have star written all over him and disagreeing then. You're not telling me anything I didn't know.

Bucks will make the playoffs this season. Jabari is becoming a huge scoring threat for them and with Delly, much of KM's scoring has been a non-issue. If you aren't impressed by their wins, it's certainly not Giannis's problem. He's doing his job. Greg Monroe needs to step up.

Who said it was Giannis's problem, hes their only hope at making the playoffs but I dont see it happening. We'll see but its a statistical certainty that their wins havent been impressive thus far so its not really up to me.

Chronz
11-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Delly was such a great pickup for them but even this is beyond what I expected from him. He wasn't playing this well when Bron was feeding him while Kyrie was out, thats got to be the biggest fluke right? Whats wrong with Monroe tho? His line looks incredible, on par with Giannis statistically. If its his defense isn't that to be expected, I think Milwaukee would be happy with this level of production from a bad defender.

FlashBolt
11-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Why don't you just admit he's better than KM, though? It's ****ing embarrassing of you to suggest KM was ever on the level of Giannis. What's wrong with Monroe? He plays like he doesn't give a ****. Dude has wanted out of Milwaukee for some time now.

Chronz
11-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Why don't you just admit he's better than KM, though? It's ****ing embarrassing of you to suggest KM was ever on the level of Giannis. What's wrong with Monroe? He plays like he doesn't give a ****. Dude has wanted out of Milwaukee for some time now.
Because I dont see any reason to believe he was better LAST year. I had FULL knowledge that he had greater potential and Ive seen zero in the form of projections from anyone so there isn't **** for me to admit.

What makes you think he doesn't give a ****, I've seen some Bucks fans say hes been killing it off the bench. Some even want him to start but he doesn't really mesh with Giannis's game as much as a rim roller does.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-05-2016, 10:36 PM

Link? Most reports he may very well opt in.

Giannis94
11-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Delly was such a great pickup for them but even this is beyond what I expected from him. He wasn't playing this well when Bron was feeding him while Kyrie was out, thats got to be the biggest fluke right? Whats wrong with Monroe tho? His line looks incredible, on par with Giannis statistically. If its his defense isn't that to be expected, I think Milwaukee would be happy with this level of production from a bad defender.

Teletovich wasn't bad either. We needed outside shooting and he provided that last night. Plumlee signing was questionable at best but made because they were afraid moose would opt out. Monroe is more/less our 6th man which is a nice role for now.

Chronz
11-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Teletovich wasn't bad either. We needed outside shooting and he provided that last night. Plumlee signing was questionable at best but made because they were afraid moose would opt out. Monroe is more/less our 6th man which is a nice role for now.
The Kanter role is best for his archetype

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Moose lost weight and been running well. Getting lots of block shots and steals. Also always been a good passer as well. I'd prefer to keep Moose and find a taker for Henson or Plumlee. Since Maker will replace Henson once he bulks up.

LoveCaliFan
11-06-2016, 04:27 PM
that's not bad but he is 10 times of defender/athlete and doesn't have Toni's finesse.

def a better defender & athlete..lol

KnicksorBust
11-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Call me crazy but I see some Drexler in him.

Hawkeye15
11-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Call me crazy but I see some Drexler in him.

except for Giannis can dribble without staring at it like a pair of ****