PDA

View Full Version : Remembering this years retirees best/most memorable playoff series

Chronz
11-02-2016, 01:31 AM
Ray Allen called it a career today, which makes this prolly the greatest "retirement class" in NBA history. Yes Ray will qualify for the HOF far sooner than any of this years retirees but lets get sentimental right now, besides, its not like he couldn't have signed for the minimum somewhere if he wanted.

Anyways, I'm curious to see what playoff series you guys feel are their best or have the fondest memories of. Ill throw some out there but I'll try to stick to the lesser famed series;

Ray Allen
I'm thinking his series vs the Kings when he went for 32+ on insane efficiency. The competition was admittedly soft and the defense was absolutely pitiful by playoff standards but these were 2 similarly matched teams and Ray was the absolute difference maker. Lots of greats have played soft opponents and not matched his output. Though I think he might have a more memorable series than this....

The line:
2005 R1 vs Kings (2.56 SRS)
32.4PPG(137-ORTG) - 4.6REB - 5.2AST(2.6 t.o.) 26.5GmSc

--------------------------------------

KG
This one might rank low on the memorable aspect, some will remember his championship winning series the most, others a valiant defeat with an injury ravaged squad vs the Lakers or his clutch win vs an imploding Kings team. Me, Ill just remember how he always stifled Bron throughout his tenure in the East. Even as an old *** man post op, he was causing problems for guys like Bosh and Antawn. Still, I cant name any one series because they weren't all quite that dominant, just memorable in how he wrecked Brons chances at glory.

Gun to my head, its either his series vs the Lakers (when he was the true MVP imo) or his series vs Detroit that same year. Detroit doesn't get enough love for the consistent power they were, they truly were the Spurs East for awhile there. 2008 was the last hurrah for them, they were elite on both sides of the ball and they had the requisite size+defense to make the Celtics work. Sheed and McDyess were awesome options to throw at KG on one end and the multiple scoring options on the other really stretched the limits of KG's lengthy recovery.

2008 ECF vs Pistons (6.67 SRS)
22.8PPG(115-ORTG) - 9.7REB - 3.3AST(2.8 t.o.) 17.7GmSc.

---------------------------------------------

Tim Duncan[B]:
I really couldn't come up with a single series. Dude was so consistent its like trying to differentiate between Amy Adams and Isla Fisher. You tell me what his best was, I got like 5 in mind.

I do feel like he was at his absolute best that series vs Dallas in 06 when Manu fouled at the last minute to keep them from making the Finals. High level comp and high level production. He was prolly his most productive in one of those Suns series but the defense was kind of mediocre so I don't know if it should rank as highly.

-----------------------------------------------------

[B]Kobe
2001 WCSF vs Kings (6.07 SRS)
35PPG(120-ORTG) - 9REB - 4.3AST(4.3 t.o.) 25.5GmSc.

This was the series that TRULY put Kobe on the map IMO. His first chip showed us a glimpse of the crest but in retrospect, 01 was like going forward into time and seeing peak Kobe. A testament to his greatness that we can find truly elite playoff runs at such different junctures of his career, but to this day, that 2001 playoff run ranks as Kobe's most efficient and this was the most productive and impressive series of that run IMO. 4-0 Sweep against a fully healthy Kings team on the rise (SAS wasn't healthy otherwise that ranks higher).

hugepatsfan
11-02-2016, 10:24 AM
My favorite KG moment will always be against the Lakers when he got the and-1 on Odom just throwing the ball up as he fell to the floor.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2016, 10:25 AM
KG is easily the Kings series for nearly every Wolves fan.

cmellofan15
11-02-2016, 10:40 AM
my favorite ray allen moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdNuK6D3EaM

favorite KG moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejRLsCQIBks

warfelg
11-02-2016, 10:43 AM
I've been following Ray Allen since he was an 18 year old freshman at UConn. To many moments to pick just one.

Giannis94
11-02-2016, 12:52 PM
As a Bucks fan. My favorite Moment is when Ray Allen and crew got screwed by Donaghy.

YAALREADYKNO
11-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Damn now we only got Pierce Dirk and Carter left smh