PDA

View Full Version : Is Brandom Ingram more Kobe? Durant? PG? OR all three?

LoveCaliFan
11-01-2016, 11:54 PM
I say all three. He has footwork that i haven't seen in a 19 yr old since Kobe. He is smooth, long, deceptively quick and a silky smooth shot like Durant. He is defensive, skinny, but tough and has all the intangibles to be a defensive superstar like PG and Kobe. When his shot starts falling and gets his confidence going we will see all of these players in his game. He also has a high bball IQ, which puts him right on those three level at his age.

kobe4thewinbang
11-02-2016, 12:27 AM
I saw DeRozan drop 40 on opening night, and he's definitely the new Kobe. Volume shooter, nice fadeaway like Kobe, nice athleticism like Kobe.

Anyway...

Ingram strikes me as a Durant kind of guy.

dhopisthename
11-02-2016, 12:59 AM
its a little early to compare him to hall of famers

TheDish87
11-02-2016, 09:05 AM
lol this dude is at it again. maybe wait til the kid starts playing real mins and making an impact instead of trying to force feed an agenda the night after he scores 2 pts.

koreancabbage
11-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Lol

warfelg
11-02-2016, 09:28 AM
He looks like a cross between a string bean and gumby right now...

IndyRealist
11-02-2016, 10:22 AM
PG didn't start looking like PG until year 4.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2016, 10:27 AM
haven't seen a minute yet. His numbers look pretty bad, but that is probably expected at this point.

PowerHouse
11-02-2016, 11:04 AM
He's looking like a cross between Sun Yue and Keith Closs right now.

Over time Im sure he'll start upgrading from there.

Giannis94
11-02-2016, 11:25 AM
corss between Mbenga, Luke Walton, and Scal.

LaLa_Land
11-02-2016, 12:07 PM
The majority of Laker posters on PSD are NOT like this guy.

Please, man. Stop making us look so stupid and entitled. Everywhere you post in these forums, you get ridiculed.

For your own sake, just stop..

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 03:33 PM
PG didn't start looking like PG until year 4.

Year 2 he started getting game cuz Granger injury. Year 3, he made name for himself.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
he actually reminds me of a cross between Bird, and Dirk

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 03:44 PM
You all are being very idiotic. Well most.. But i know he isn't them now, i'm talking about his intangibles, his skills. Go look at his film. He has every tool they had starting out, but just can't get going because Luke is being garbage. I also like how he's really a guard in a Forward body, just like all of them. KD, PG are really guards in Forwards body. Thats why they can play 4 positions. Ingrams the same type.

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 03:47 PM
he actually reminds me of a cross between Bird, and Dirk

Tell me more please. Why do you think so?

warfelg
11-02-2016, 03:48 PM
4 games to call the new HC you were excited about garbage. Whoever had the under on that won.

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 03:54 PM
4 games to call the new HC you were excited about garbage. Whoever had the under on that won.

Said HE'S BEING GARBAGE. Why? Because Ingram's a guard and Luke is being dumb just like del harris was with Kobe. He should be starting the 2 over Young, JC and Lou. He's a much better defender and he has more offensive skill, he just needs more experience as a starter and imo he be at 12-14ppg if given 24+mpg...but most, like luke are being blind. They're FARBAGE!!!

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 04:03 PM
The majority of Laker posters on PSD are NOT like this guy.

Please, man. Stop making us look so stupid and entitled. Everywhere you post in these forums, you get ridiculed.

For your own sake, just stop..

Tell that to yourself homie..You make yourself stupid. Think i care about forum gangsta's who talk the talk and darn sure aint walkin the walk.. You one of them....You don't like, then stop imposing. Durrr!!!!

TheDish87
11-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Walton is being garbage bcuz he doesnt listen to LoveCaliFans suggestions. You are by far the biggest homer on this site and i dont even think its close.

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Walton is being garbage bcuz he doesnt listen to LoveCaliFans suggestions. You are by far the biggest homer on this site and i dont even think its close.

Are you talking about yourself google gangsta?

SeoulBeatz
11-02-2016, 04:16 PM
I see of mixture of KD-PG lite in his game (though he's not nearly the polished scorer KD was coming out of Texas).

My main wonder about him is whether or not he has that killer instinct which separates good scorers from great ones.

It's impossible to tell this early on in someone's career, but I think he has all the tools to be a very good scoring forward for years to come, though I don't think he'll ever reach Durant-status IMO.

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 04:20 PM
All barks, no bites...

Please, just opinions folks. Cuz i know most can't do nothing but bark. Soft Snoopies!

SeoulBeatz
11-02-2016, 04:22 PM
btw anyone catch that hilarious Nerlens for Ingram trade rumor floating around the interwebs recently?

Some gems from the article per hngn.com:

"Coming to Nerlens Noel, his addition to the Lakers' roster will surely bring an excellent offensive skill set which will aid in scoring more and let the team stand out as strong contenders in the NBA league."

"... the tradeoff will benefit not just the Lakers but the 76ers will also benefit with the addition of Ingram, states the ESPN trade machine.:laugh:"

TheDish87
11-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Are you talking about yourself google gangsta?

lol what dude?

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
I see of mixture of KD-PG lite in his game (though he's not nearly the polished scorer KD was coming out of Texas).

My main wonder about him is whether or not he has that killer instinct which separates good scorers from great ones.

It's impossible to tell this early on in someone's career, but I think he has all the tools to be a very good scoring forward for years to come, though I don't think he'll ever reach Durant-status IMO.

OK. I feel ya. He will get it going if Luke play him right. He's a straight up guard imo and will only get to 215lbs. He's tough, but i don't think he'll reach his potential playing forward. PG was a guard starting out and it was stated that having him at that position did him of great justice because it helped him develop at a faster rate. He'd of stayed a guard if Granger never got seriously injured. He has all the tools to be a career 23+ppg scorer, but what sets him and Young PG apart is their defense. Especially being so young how advanced he is. Which means he's smart and tough minded. Now you could be right about the killer instincts. But it's hard for anyone to be on Kobe type level, which he got from Jordan and evetything else.

Off subject, but i can tell K. Leornard worked out with Kobe. His skills are getting very similar.

TheDish87
11-02-2016, 04:36 PM
All barks, no bites...

Please, just opinions folks. Cuz i know most can't do nothing but bark. Soft Snoopies!

are you on drugs?

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 04:38 PM
btw anyone catch that hilarious Nerlens for Ingram trade rumor floating around the interwebs recently?

Some gems from the article per hngn.com:

"Coming to Nerlens Noel, his addition to the Lakers' roster will surely bring an excellent offensive skill set which will aid in scoring more and let the team stand out as strong contenders in the NBA league."

"... the tradeoff will benefit not just the Lakers but the 76ers will also benefit with the addition of Ingram, states the ESPN trade machine.:laugh:"

Those rumors always draw me in. They are hilarious though. I post some of them for some are interesting. Like Randle, Russell for Wall. That i have some interest in. Especially a healthy wall. But Dlo puttin up almost same numbers, more ppg than Wall..

R!kSm!tz
11-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Smush Parker

HandsOnTheWheel
11-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Smush Parker

LoveCaliFan
11-02-2016, 06:04 PM
def not comparisons to "geesh" parker..lol....

europagnpilgrim
11-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Right now off the super small sample he is looking like a more agile version of Dirk when he first came into the league

ewing
11-02-2016, 06:23 PM
reminds me of Charlie Villanueva

mrblisterdundee
11-02-2016, 07:31 PM
He's looking like a cross between Sun Yue and Keith Closs right now.

Over time Im sure he'll start upgrading from there.

This. Ingram has 22 points, 11 rebounds, three assists and one steal over his last four games. How can you compare him to anything at this point, other than maybe a bust?

koreancabbage
11-02-2016, 11:10 PM
He looks like **** right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L8kers4life
11-03-2016, 04:33 AM
It's hard to say where Ingram will end up, for the number 2 pick he has the patience and is a team player in the mold of Tim Duncan, he has the length and shot of KD and the defensive impact and skills of a Scottie Pippen. With that being said, he is a little to patient and tenative, he could be the next Wesley Johnson, only time will tell!

It's going to be a fun ride watching these Lakers grow together.

IndyRealist
11-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Year 2 he started getting game cuz Granger injury. Year 3, he made name for himself.

Year 2 he was still primarily a defensive player who couldn't dribble.

Year 3 he worked on his handles, which opened up his 3pt shooting despite the turnovers. He also took a step back defensively because he wasn't used to the offensive load.

Year 4 is when he became the player we know today. He took a bigger chunk of the offense, markedly increased his rate of 3pt shooting which continues today, and became a premier 2 way player.

For the first 3 years, you had no idea if he was going to strictly be a 3 and D guy, an athletic slasher, a finesse jumpshooter, or a point forward.

SeoulBeatz
11-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Those rumors always draw me in. They are hilarious though. I post some of them for some are interesting. Like Randle, Russell for Wall. That i have some interest in. Especially a healthy wall. But Dlo puttin up almost same numbers, more ppg than Wall..

Russell has more value than Wall alone IMO. Kid's a killer. Wouldn't do that trade.

SeoulBeatz
11-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Damn people are really quick to **** on Ingram 4 games into the season. Was anybody really expecting him to be a polished 15+ppg scorer from the get-go? I didn't see him as an NBA ready prospect coming out of the draft. Give him time, the tools are there for him to be pretty good.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Damn people are really quick to **** on Ingram 4 games into the season. Was anybody really expecting him to be a polished 15+ppg scorer from the get-go? I didn't see him as an NBA ready prospect coming out of the draft. Give him time, the tools are there for him to be pretty good.

well, to be fair, the OP came in comparing him to all timers....

Nobody expected a kid that weighs 13 lbs to contribute right away. Ingram was the #2 pick because of long term potential. He will take a few years to develop.

You are right, people just need to wait on Ingram to really judge him. Right now, we have zero idea what kind of NBA player he will end up.

TheDish87
11-03-2016, 10:52 AM
yea the OP is annoying as hell and goes insane when people disagree with his bat **** ideas so he deserves some trolling.

koreancabbage
11-03-2016, 12:39 PM

**** on him when people compare him to all time greats? Ya, well deserved and on the other side of the spectrum.

LoveCaliFan
11-03-2016, 12:40 PM
well, to be fair, the OP came in comparing him to all timers....

Nobody expected a kid that weighs 13 lbs to contribute right away. Ingram was the #2 pick because of long term potential. He will take a few years to develop.

You are right, people just need to wait on Ingram to really judge him. Right now, we have zero idea what kind of NBA player he will end up.

I was comparing the intangible's that Ingram has that they had as young players. If you all got brains and use them, you'd know and understand what i was talking about. But most of you impose on others for your own agenda's against other opinions or idea's.

LoveCaliFan
11-03-2016, 12:41 PM
**** on him when people compare him to all time greats? Ya, well deserved and on the other side of the spectrum.

Internet gangsta. Get your facts right.

TheDish87
11-03-2016, 12:42 PM
sorry we all disagree with you. stop taking it so personal and maybe try re-reading some of the stuff you spew out and understand why no one takes you seriously.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2016, 12:42 PM
I was comparing the intangible's that Ingram has that they had as young players. If you all got brains and use them, you'd know and understand what i was talking about. But most of you impose on others for your own agenda's against other opinions or idea's.

intangibles for a guy who plays minimal minutes, 4 games in. Hold your horses big boy

LoveCaliFan
11-03-2016, 12:47 PM
yea the OP is annoying as hell and goes insane when people disagree with his bat **** ideas so he deserves some trolling.

I never go insane. I get even when you all call people out on their opinions and idea's. Most of you are imposing your judgemental views on other's and expect not to get it back. So keep yappin google gangstas.. That's all most of you can do. Snoopie..all bark, no bite.

Miltstar
11-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Unless he starts attacking the basket more frequently I don't think you can compare him to any of them. He's more Rashard Lewis to me right now

LoveCaliFan
11-03-2016, 12:55 PM
intangibles for a guy who plays minimal minutes, 4 games in. Hold your horses big boy

He has the intangible's, just not the experience. But his offensive and defensive skill set is there, just needs to gain confidence and aggressiveness. You all are funny...

koreancabbage
11-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Internet gangsta. Get your facts right.

What facts are you spreading lol.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2016, 01:16 PM
He has the intangible's, just not the experience. ..

then how the hell do you know he has intangibles haha

TheDish87
11-03-2016, 01:18 PM
I never go insane. I get even when you all call people out on their opinions and idea's. Most of you are imposing your judgemental views on other's and expect not to get it back. So keep yappin google gangstas.. That's all most of you can do. Snoopie..all bark, no bite.

what the **** are you talking about? i think you just proved my point.

Gibby23
11-03-2016, 01:25 PM
What facts are you spreading lol.

He has no facts. He makes the Lakers forum unreadable.

JLynn943
11-03-2016, 01:50 PM
So far he's more Austin Daye than he is any all-star you're comparing him to.

IndyRealist
11-03-2016, 01:54 PM
He has the intangible's, just not the experience. But his offensive and defensive skill set is there, just needs to gain confidence and aggressiveness. You all are funny...

Offensive and defensive skill sets are tangible, in that they can be measured. Intangibles is usually used to refer to things like leadership, poise, etc.

koreancabbage
11-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Unless he starts attacking the basket more frequently I don't think you can compare him to any of them. He's more Rashard Lewis to me right now

Old, end of career Rashard Lewis. Lol

koreancabbage
11-03-2016, 02:14 PM
So far he's more Austin Daye than he is any all-star you're comparing him to.

Yup. Right now, he seems like it.

Avenged
11-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Reminds me of Coby Karl but worse.

lakerfan85
11-03-2016, 10:57 PM
12 year olds shouldn't be allowed to create threads..

Jeffy25
11-03-2016, 11:57 PM
lol this dude is at it again. maybe wait til the kid starts playing real mins and making an impact instead of trying to force feed an agenda the night after he scores 2 pts.

If Devin Booker was a Laker, we'd never hear the end of it.

Gibby23
11-04-2016, 04:34 PM
If Devin Booker was a Laker, we'd never hear the end of it.

Try harder. Trolling Lakers fans for no reason.

Jeffy25
11-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Try harder. Trolling Lakers fans for no reason.

Yeah, I'm not trolling. Laker fans love their players. Nothing wrong with that, but let's slow the roll on Ingram. He's played 5 games at the age of 19. Comparing him to hall of famers is beyond premature.

Gibby23
11-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I'm not trolling. Laker fans love their players. Nothing wrong with that, but let's slow the roll on Ingram. He's played 5 games at the age of 19. Comparing him to hall of famers is beyond premature.

1 Lakers fan did it.

LoveCaliFan
11-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Most of you are just fans talking out your butts with no logical reasoning of what i'm talking about. Never said he's at their level. But he has all the tools to get there with more experience and imo will be a 13-14ppg scorer before end of the year. At least 95% of athletes that i've mentioned going to be great have become great. You all can keep yappin, but the dude already is a better defender than some of these superstars and as soon as he gets his offense together you all will be on his jock.

TheDish87
11-05-2016, 02:49 PM
lollolololololololololol

no one doubts Ingram is going to be really good,even great. You are just a homer and make outrageous claims.

LoveCaliFan
11-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Just like i claimed Russell will be a 20ppg scorer was outrageous? But i see you took that SIG away. You talking about yourself again?

TheDish87
11-06-2016, 04:44 PM
i got tired of looking at your nonsense. But didnt you just say 6 games is too early to make a claim in the other thread? lol be consistent. Russ is scoring 16 PPG on 37% shooting and 15 shots by the way lolololol

kpjets
11-06-2016, 05:41 PM
michael kidd gilchrist

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 12:00 PM
i got tired of looking at your nonsense. But didnt you just say 6 games is too early to make a claim in the other thread? lol be consistent. Russ is scoring 16 PPG on 37% shooting and 15 shots by the way lolololol

Lets just agree to disagree homie. You understand nothing.

TheDish87
11-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Lets just agree to disagree homie. You understand nothing.

you disagree that Russ isnt scoring 20 PPG or shooting horribly? lol ok feel free to disagree then i guess. i lovw your defense is to always attack those who disagree or prove you wrong.

LoveCaliFan
11-07-2016, 02:28 PM
you disagree that Russ isnt scoring 20 PPG or shooting horribly? lol ok feel free to disagree then i guess. i lovw your defense is to always attack those who disagree or prove you wrong.

I don't attack, what are you talking about. I've not attacked anyone. All i've said is people are not understanding what i'm saying and putting words in my mouth when i've never said Ingram is like them, but i'm only saying he has the tools to be like them. Russ will be a 20ppg scorer and Ingram 12-14ppg scorer. I have no problems with being proven wrong, i just know what i'm talking about. So i let it be known. You all are the ones that attack opinions, i'm the man who just attacks back.

Bruno
11-08-2016, 08:20 PM
more like Middleton with a higher ceiling and a lower floor. if he pans out we should be looking at 23/7/4/3sock w good percentages and elite defense. With Randle/Russell I dont see how he can go full point forward, LAL would need to change up personnel for him to get a legit go at that.