PDA

View Full Version : Trade: Jerami Grant from the Philadelphia 76ers for Ersan Ilyasova and a first

warfelg
11-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Can we have one of these with our first official in season trade?

Sixers Send Jerami Grant to the Thunder for Ersan Ilyasova and a protected first.

Protection is unknown.

warfelg
11-01-2016, 03:54 PM
OKC owes Utah a Top-20 Protected pick for the Kanter trade, so here is the protection of the OKC pick owed to Philly:

Bobby MarksVerified account
‏@BobbyMarks42
The future first round pick that OKC sends to Philly is protected 21-30 and will turn into two second round picks if not conveyed.

IndyRealist
11-01-2016, 05:05 PM
That's a weird salary dump, and Illyasova might actually help the Sixers.

Chronz
11-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Whats the meaning of this? Is Ilya unsalvageable? Thought they could use a stretch-4 given the lack of spacing around poor poor RWB.

warfelg
11-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Sixers actually seeked out Illy, and OKC has coveted Grant.

spreadeagle
11-01-2016, 06:03 PM
The Oklahoma City Thunder have acquired Jerami Grant from the Philadelphia 76ers for Ersan Ilyasova and a protected first round pick.

Grant averaged 9.7 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 26.8 minutes per game last season with the 76ers. Grant had a PER of 12.6 and TS% of .506 while shooting just 24.0 percent on three-pointers.

The future pick to the 76ers is protected 1-20 and it will be conveyed if it falls between 21 and 30.

The Thunder acquired Ilyasova as part of the Serge Ibaka trade with the Magic. Woj

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Read on twitter 76ers may waive Ersan. Also that pick is highly protected. They called it more less a fake pick. According to WOJ.

warfelg
11-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Read on twitter 76ers may waive Ersan. Also that pick is highly protected. They called it more less a fake pick. According to WOJ.

We aren't waiving Ersan, no clue where you are getting that from...

Scoots
11-01-2016, 11:00 PM
We aren't waiving Ersan, no clue where you are getting that from...

Heard that same thing from 76ers fans for several players acquired as part of the process ... sorry The Process ... only for them to be waived shortly thereafter.

warfelg
11-02-2016, 03:23 AM
Heard that same thing from 76ers fans for several players acquired as part of the process ... sorry The Process ... only for them to be waived shortly thereafter.

We're the ones that reached out for this deal. Ersan is likely to end up starting for us later this week early next week.

warfelg
11-02-2016, 08:11 AM

Almost every report is:

And quotes like this:

"No, that's the trade-off, we lost a flyer," Brown responded about whether Ilyasova can help in the transition game. "We've got a veteran player. That's not his purpose for coming here. Since we've all been here, you've heard me talk about the pace versus the post and the importance that I still think it is. I've got to take the realities of our roster and coach it. So that's not a part of his immediate things. He's not a flyer. So we're going to have to make some adjustments for that.

"Stuff like this you don't take lightly. It's a significant move. Although many might not see it, in my world it is. We've done massive amounts of homework. It's our job to put pros around young guys - Ben and Dario and Joe and Jah. We study it all and with that I give Bryan (Colangelo) credit. He's trying to help us in a situation that we need some help. The injuries, that we are all aware of, forces some of this. You're trying to remain competitive and get a positionally balanced type of roster."

Doesn't sound like a "plan to cut later" to me.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2016, 09:47 AM
I heard on the radio initially that they may end up cutting him, but then I heard that was speculation based on what was done the past few years...the next thing I heard come out was the purpose of the deal was to get a guy that can hit a shot and create more space on the floor for Embiid.

Everything about this sounds like this was a move to help with Embiid's development. We'll see in the next day or two but this is a horrible deal for us if he gets cut and it doesn't make sense to cut him or like we plan to.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2016, 09:50 AM

and the person that did that is a professor right now and not currently in the NBA. Its a completely different GM and president then was in place at that point. And you may have heard that from some Sixers fans but not the majority of them, we understood what was going on as a majority.

kdspurman
11-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Can we have one of these with our first official in season trade?

Sixers Send Jerami Grant to the Thunder for Ersan Ilyasova and a protected first.

Protection is unknown.

I think for now it's probably ok to make threads for trades that happen.. Around the trade deadline, when we can expect lots of movement, it might be better to have a centralized location to keep track of all the movement. Thanks :hi5:

Scoots
11-02-2016, 12:02 PM
and the person that did that is a professor right now and not currently in the NBA. Its a completely different GM and president then was in place at that point. And you may have heard that from some Sixers fans but not the majority of them, we understood what was going on as a majority.

I know that, and I didn't say he would be cut. Just noted that I heard the same thing multiple times in the past only for it to prove to be un-true. And it was the majority of the fans online saying it about one guy or another ... JaVale McGee was one of the more "certain" people were that he was going to stick around.

On the trade itself ... Ilyasova is on his 5th team in 3 years for a reason ... he's likely to disappoint.

PhillyFaninLA
11-02-2016, 12:21 PM
I know that, and I didn't say he would be cut. Just noted that I heard the same thing multiple times in the past only for it to prove to be un-true. And it was the majority of the fans online saying it about one guy or another ... JaVale McGee was one of the more "certain" people were that he was going to stick around.

On the trade itself ... Ilyasova is on his 5th team in 3 years for a reason ... he's likely to disappoint.

not majority of fans, you are just making that up...several people may have said it loudly but majority did not.....what is there to disappoint, he is a bench player with one specific purpose on a bad team. If he give any floor spacing in the limited minutes he'll play he won't be a disappointment...he's not a 30 minute a game guy, he's more like a 10 - 12 minute a game guy

warfelg
11-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Yea. We traded a maxed out player for someone better on offense and picks.

What's to hate?

TheDish87
11-02-2016, 01:22 PM
its a one year move to help improve floor spacing so our bigs have more room to go to work. I didnt really have a reaction yesterday but im all for the move now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-03-2016, 08:35 AM
It was on twitter about Ersan possibly waived. I cant remember the source now. I should of posted it here. I thought right away why waive him? The pick maybe nothing. Also Ersan's best days are behind him when he had that 20 rebound night versus the Nets many years ago. He did it after Love had 20 rebounds with Wolves the night prior. All in all this was just a simple salary dump for Thunder since they paid them two guys big money.