PDA

View Full Version : Team Best Built to Beat the Warriors: GO!

lol, please
10-31-2016, 02:25 AM
I say it's the Spurs, sure it helped that they beat the Dubs in game 1, but coming into the season, on paper, I thought they had the depth and talent to continue to have success in that legendary system. Without Duncan I don't think they miss a beat, and I don't mean that as disrespect to Duncan.

Thoughts?

Miltstar
10-31-2016, 08:12 AM
It's gotta be the Spurs, they have a big size advantage on the W's and almost as much talent. I predict Leonard takes another step forward this year as league MVP. Gasol pretty much replaces Duncan straight up so you don't miss a lot there. If they can control the tempo they should have a good chance at beating the W's in the playoffs.

Against the Raptors it would just be a track meet/shoot out that unfortunately I think the W's would win most times. They just don't have a lockdown defender like Kawhi to keep one of the big 3 in check at least

TheDish87
10-31-2016, 09:49 AM
mo **** its the Spurs, they proved it on opening night.

JAZZNC
10-31-2016, 10:01 AM
'72 Dolphins.

hugepatsfan
10-31-2016, 11:01 AM
Spurs and Cavs are the only teams that GS shouldn't blow out in a 7 game series, and even so it would be a terrible display by GS to not beat them rather handily. They're that much more talented than everyone else.

Basically, if GS doesn't thoroughly dominate the entire NBA then they've severely underperformed.

Yanks All Day
10-31-2016, 11:05 AM
Still the Cavaliers, but the Spurs are a close second. Both teams are just as deep as Golden State, and Cleveland is probably deeper at this point. Both have big size advantages and perimeter defenders that can make life tougher for the Warriors. Both have superstar small forwards that can match up and out-play KD on any given night. The tipping point for Cleveland is probably having Kyrie Irving, who we saw can out-play Curry consistently. Either way, the way to beat the Warriors isn't to engage in a track meet: it's to score efficiently and lock down on defense.

The thread, though, should be "Who is best built to beat Cleveland?" The Cavs are the best team in basketball at the moment, have the deepest roster, and have the best player. I actually struggle to find a team that consistently matches up well with Cleveland on many fronts. They can shoot you out of the gym, beat you down low, win 1-on-1 matchups, and lock down defensively. And now the Cavs have a championship to go with it. Golden State is the popular topic of discussion, but the defending champs are the team to beat.

Vee-Rex
10-31-2016, 11:07 AM
It's a difficult question, primarily because we don't truly know what kind of team the Warriors will be this year. Will they have a terrible size weakness in the paint for the duration of the season? Or will they largely overcome that weakness with more chemistry? Will Zaza improve in the system and can it be enough? Or are they gonna be active at the trade deadline?

I think if we were talking last year's Warriors then it would be the Thunder. I think last year the Warrior's small ball (along with Bogut/Ezeli) would be too problematic for the slow bigs of last year's Spurs. But this year's Warriors SEEM to be weaker in the paint, which is something that San Antonio's plethora of bigs this year can exploit.

Right now I'd go with the Spurs being best built. Kawhi seems to have taken that final leap. He's attacking viciously and it's showing with his free throw attempts, and we know that's he's already a DPOY player on that side of the ball.

If the Warriors find a way to cover what looks like could be a glaring weakness in the paint, and can still heavily utilize the small ball, then who knows. The Warriors at the end of the year is likely to be far scarier than they are now.

KnicksorBust
10-31-2016, 11:29 AM
I'm just honored the Knicks were nominated.

The answer is the Cavs. The Warriors would demolish the Spurs in the playoffs.

tredigs
10-31-2016, 11:54 AM
Tough between Cavs and Spurs for me solely because Bron is such an X-factor, but I lean Spurs. We hear a lot of noise about the loss of Bogut, but was there any player less used against Cleveland than him? For the majority of each Finals he was either injured or benched. And the player who they chose to be the open gunner last series was Barnes, who I believe shot roughly 2% overall in the series if memory serves. That spot is now filled with KD. GL. I don't see a clear game plan for Cleveland to win at this point frankly.

Pop still scares me, and Kawhi's emergence as a top 10 offensive talent this year scares me. That team is big, fast and have young talent like Simmons who make them a serious Championship contender. I just hope they somehow meet up with LAC again and either lose or get worn down (and not vice versa for GS). Doesn't go unnoticed to me that they're drubbing of the Dubs was without Danny Green also, who is their 2nd best wing defender and always gives us fits. The Warriors will not crush them if we meet, that is for damn sure.

Giannis94
10-31-2016, 12:14 PM
Bucks

kdspurman
10-31-2016, 12:16 PM

I agree with Cavs are 1 of the teams too. But demolish the Spurs? Seems a bit exaggerated, no?. Not even factoring the first game, but rather looking at the makeup of their team and the obvious flaws of the Warriors team.

kdspurman
10-31-2016, 12:19 PM
Tough between Cavs and Spurs for me solely because Bron is such an X-factor, but I lean Spurs. We hear a lot of noise about the loss of Bogut, but was there any player less used against Cleveland than him? For the majority of each Finals he was either injured or benched. And the player who they chose to be the open gunner last series was Barnes, who I believe shot roughly 2% overall in the series if memory serves. That spot is now filled with KD. GL. I don't see a clear game plan for Cleveland to win at this point frankly.

Pop still scares me, and Kawhi's emergence as a top 10 offensive talent this year scares me. That team is big, fast and have young talent like Simmons who make them a serious Championship contender. I just hope they somehow meet up with LAC again and either lose or get worn down (and not vice versa for GS). Doesn't go unnoticed to me that they're drubbing of the Dubs was without Danny Green also, who is their 2nd best wing defender and always gives us fits. The Warriors will not crush them if we meet, that is for damn sure.

Yea, I think the Cavs and the Spurs are built well enough to make it interesting vs the Warriors.

But this question to me just comes too early. Come Feb/March we'll have a better idea of how these teams really look. Otherwise people just go off what happened in opening week, and frankly that's just not enough of a sample size for me.

We know what teams have what weaknesses pretty early, but things can change as the season progresses

DaBear
10-31-2016, 12:30 PM

No

tredigs
10-31-2016, 12:33 PM
Yea, I think the Cavs and the Spurs are built well enough to make it interesting vs the Warriors.

But this question to me just comes too early. Come Feb/March we'll have a better idea of how these teams really look. Otherwise people just go off what happened in opening week, and frankly that's just not enough of a sample size for me.

We know what teams have what weaknesses pretty early, but things can change as the season progresses
lol well obviously it's way too early, the Warriors as a team won't even find their footing until well into 2017 (Dear God we really are in the future). But the NBA is a predictable business. It's not baseball, we won't have many surprise teams, and to me it ultimately boils down to GSW/CLE/SAS/LAC and then the rest. I see literally no scenario that could occur where any other team wins the title. That said, to be fair I'd be curious if I'd have included the Mavs in a similar statement circa 2011, so there's still hope if you're a fan of not-said teams.

Vee-Rex
10-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Lol @ not including the Clippers in the vote list.

I just noticed that. :laugh2:

warfelg
10-31-2016, 12:40 PM
A team of Embiid and 14 of his clones.

FlashBolt
10-31-2016, 02:26 PM
I don't trust Cavs mainly because of Love. I think he'll have a tough time playing against that Warriors squad. Tristan will eat Green's and Pachulia's like fruit snacks. Biggest question for the Cavs is can LeBron sustain that same level of play he did last season. I just like the Spurs chances better. They have great defenders and Gasol+Aldridge are too huge for Warriors. I'd also say OKC but IDK what Oladipo is doing so far. Kinda tough to win when Westbrook is literally our only offensive weapon.

Chronz
10-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Why do people keep mentioning pau when he's struggled to adapt (he and parker have negative chemistry for some reason) and sucked in the game against gs?

Pau being a replacement for Duncan still isn't a known strength and is exactly the kind of player you don't want against GS unless he's more than a limited Duncan.

kdspurman
10-31-2016, 02:50 PM
Why do people keep mentioning pau when he's struggled to adapt (he and parker have negative chemistry for some reason) and sucked in the game against gs?

Pau being a replacement for Duncan still isn't a known strength and is exactly the kind of player you don't want against GS unless he's more than a limited Duncan.

I'm not worried about the chemistry. + once Green gets back the spacing will improve. (Kyle Anderson is allergic to shooting the ball)

Aldridge/Dedmon and even Lee are probably better suited for the Warriors anyway. But Pau will play limited minutes, and being that he's knocking down the 3 and a good passer, he can be effective. They'll just have to throw him on Zaza and hope they don't try to run a lot of stuff to have him switch to Curry or Durant.

FlashBolt
10-31-2016, 03:21 PM

That's just one game. Gasol's size is just too much for Warriors to handle. I'm not saying he'll be a gamechanger but who the hell covers him? His presence on the court alone is valuable.

mrblisterdundee
10-31-2016, 04:01 PM
mo **** its the Spurs, they proved it on opening night.

That was more Golden State not being in sync yet than it was San Antonio being built to beat them.
No team can match the overall defensive prowess of the Jazz. They have good, young, athletic defenders at every single position. Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors form the best defensive front court in the NBA. George Hill is one of the best options to stick on Stephen Curry. Dante Exum is already the best rookie defender in the NBA, and is already showing the defensive versatility of Andre Iguoudala.
Gordon Hayward and Rodney Hood both need to improve their defense, but they're young and totally capable. The only question for Utah would be whether they can get it done on the offensive end.

tredigs
10-31-2016, 04:17 PM
That was more Golden State not being in sync yet than it was San Antonio being built to beat them.
No team can match the overall defensive prowess of the Jazz. They have good, young, athletic defenders at every single position. Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors form the best defensive front court in the NBA. George Hill is one of the best options to stick on Stephen Curry. Dante Exum is already the best rookie defender in the NBA, and is already showing the defensive versatility of Andre Iguoudala.
Gordon Hayward and Rodney Hood both need to improve their defense, but they're young and totally capable. The only question for Utah would be whether they can get it done on the offensive end.

Exactly, and frankly they can't. I can't imagine them being better than simply average on offense. Defensively, yes they have the pieces, but they also are playing Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw major minutes. 5 years ago that would be awesome, but at this point it leaves holes defensively that a team like GS will capitalize on relentlessly. Dante looks a year or two away from being capable enough offensively to see major minutes against opposing starters. I think the Jazz are just an explosive scorer away from being a real force out West.

Chronz
10-31-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm not worried about the chemistry. + once Green gets back the spacing will improve. (Kyle Anderson is allergic to shooting the ball)

Aldridge/Dedmon and even Lee are probably better suited for the Warriors anyway. But Pau will play limited minutes, and being that he's knocking down the 3 and a good passer, he can be effective. They'll just have to throw him on Zaza and hope they don't try to run a lot of stuff to have him switch to Curry or Durant.

At this point its hard to worry or get hyped about anything, just saying its something to keep an eye on. The questions of Pau's impact are going to be influenced by the kind of PG Pop chooses to pair him with IMO. Thus far the Patty lineups have fared better and this includes the starters.

The best sign about your team thus far has been its winning ways despite Pau and TP not playing as well as you would hope, still, they are getting old now so its alil worrisome moving forward, Kawhi cant continue this level of play so as he regresses abit maybe others will step up to relieve him/take advantage of his attention. Lee looks incredible but he was sieve even in his prime and I would hope Gasol is a better offensive option than him, if not, your chances rest of the guy who was a big reason why GS lost vs the Clips years ago. Big reason I don't believe in yall despite this impressive start, I need to see your best players thrive because I'm not putting money on the random RS guys pop gets going. The big time talent needs to play big for me to believe in them knocking off GS. Otherwise its pretty similar to last year and many other years the Spurs have lost despite great RS success. You can bet your *** that GS is going to put Gasol in the torture chamber come playoffs when they are in true form.

That's just one game. Gasol's size is just too much for Warriors to handle. I'm not saying he'll be a gamechanger but who the hell covers him? His presence on the court alone is valuable.
Was speaking in general, not just this thread but yeah it was just 1 game and I don't know if his size is just too much for the Warriors or if its exactly what they want to see. His lateral mobility is shot and there are legit questions surrounding his effectiveness on the glass (despite his high tallies the team actually rebounded better without him, it remains to be seen if that was circumstantial or just noise). What happens when GS goes small? Do they run him off the court the way they did Mozzy, or to get nostalgic, the way Ainge did to Pop when he tried to run 3 7 footers back before the 2K era. I think to beat GS you need to have a credible big and small lineup, afterall, The Cavs won going small, its what they lacked the year prior.

Chronz
10-31-2016, 05:06 PM
Exactly, and frankly they can't. I can't imagine them being better than simply average on offense. Defensively, yes they have the pieces, but they also are playing Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw major minutes. 5 years ago that would be awesome, but at this point it leaves holes defensively that a team like GS will capitalize on relentlessly. Dante looks a year or two away from being capable enough offensively to see major minutes against opposing starters. I think the Jazz are just an explosive scorer away from being a real force out West.

That's cuz Hayward is out and Favors is on minute restriction.

I look at this question like so, are we choosing the most talented or teams that can match up? Cuz there are obviously more talented teams but matchup wise, I like the idea of teams that can stay big despite whatever GS throws out there. Like I say Cleveland went small but with Bron, you're never really that small. Utah isn't as talented as other teams but they can stay true to their identity regardless of what you throw out there. Having a Diaw with something left in the tank would help a lot tho, right now hes only been a glue guy who cant stop traveling.

Blake and DJ have that ability, they just lack the smarts/effort. I'm hoping this is the year they defend at a high enough level to attain that 2 seed. Hopefully with KD taking on a bigger role, Klay will stop just abusing poor JJ, or maybe they will be such a swiss army knife that different players can lead the team in different series even though there is a lot of doubt with such a strat. I dunno but I don't look forward to the playoffs. I want to enjoy the rest the NBA has to offer as long as I can

Vee-Rex
10-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Don't know why Utah is even in the conversation given the thread title.

If the question was, "Which team is best suited to defend GS's offense" then I'd understand it.

lol, please
10-31-2016, 05:53 PM
I dunno but I don't look forward to the playoffs. I want to enjoy the rest the NBA has to offer as long as I can

Why?

I hope you aren't insinuating that the results have been decided before the games are played or anything.

kdspurman
10-31-2016, 07:35 PM
At this point its hard to worry or get hyped about anything, just saying its something to keep an eye on. The questions of Pau's impact are going to be influenced by the kind of PG Pop chooses to pair him with IMO. Thus far the Patty lineups have fared better and this includes the starters.

Oh for sure. I wouldn't be surprised though if Pau plays more with that 2nd unit and Dedmon subs in early for him. Dedmon has been terrific early on, and is exactly the kind of big we haven't had in forever. Pop will see what works and go with it.

The best sign about your team thus far has been its winning ways despite Pau and TP not playing as well as you would hope, still, they are getting old now so its alil worrisome moving forward, Kawhi cant continue this level of play so as he regresses abit maybe others will step up to relieve him/take advantage of his attention.

I still need to see how Pau/TP look once Green returns. Till then, it's kind of an experiment and seeing other guys play. (Anderson, Simmons, etc...)

Kawhi may regress, but I don't see him regressing much. And if/when he does, that's where LMA steps in, or Patty, or possibly Pau who showed last night he could step up and score the ball in a jam. (LMA sat, Kawhi foul trouble) No one but Kawhi/LMA have to carry the load. Other guys are capable of stepping up on an as needed basis

Lee looks incredible but he was sieve even in his prime and I would hope Gasol is a better offensive option than him, if not, your chances rest of the guy who was a big reason why GS lost vs the Clips years ago.

Gasol is a better option for sure, post wise and a very skilled passer. Lee is a better roller to the basket and gets many of his points off the offensive glass, but he's capable of being a play maker as well. But the guy who will be key is Dedmon in a match up with the W's. He's an athletic shot blocker, and a guy who is mobile enough to defend the perimeter on switches. He also has been knocking down the mid range shot which is a pleasant surprise.

Big reason I don't believe in yall despite this impressive start, I need to see your best players thrive because I'm not putting money on the random RS guys pop gets going. The big time talent needs to play big for me to believe in them knocking off GS. Otherwise its pretty similar to last year and many other years the Spurs have lost despite great RS success.

Yea, but Kawhi/LMA/Patty have all been guys to have great post seasons. Now Kawhi does need to play at this level in the playoffs and can't play worse, but I would bet money he will bring it. He's a different player/person this year.

And you don't need to put money on random RS guys, but I would put money on Pop knowing what pieces to plug in their to be the most successful.

You can bet your *** that GS is going to put Gasol in the torture chamber come playoffs when they are in true form.

Which is fine. But fortunately we have a coach who's pretty decent at recognizing these things and making the necessary adjustments ;)

Miltstar
10-31-2016, 08:12 PM
The thread, though, should be "Who is best built to beat Cleveland?"

LMAO the Cavs ain't even close to the Warriors homie, they got the NBA and the refs on their side but talent wise it's a big difference. No way they win the finals last year if they don't use their influence to get Green suspended, I'll never respect that title for that reason, they needed to cry to win

Vee-Rex
10-31-2016, 08:34 PM
LMAO the Cavs ain't even close to the Warriors homie, they got the NBA and the refs on their side but talent wise it's a big difference. No way they win the finals last year if they don't use their influence to get Green suspended, I'll never respect that title for that reason, they needed to cry to win

I wouldn't expect anything different from a butt hurt Raps fan.

Miltstar
10-31-2016, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't expect anything different from a butt hurt Raps fan.

Raps win the other day if it wasn't for the whistle. If Lebron was as good as he thinks he is he wouldn't need all those calls to win. The guy crys harder than any superstar in history, and he's an ugly crier too!

We even got 2 in the playoffs against them without JV, if Jonas was 100% we win that series pretty easy

Vee-Rex
10-31-2016, 09:08 PM
Raps win the other day if it wasn't for the whistle. If Lebron was as good as he thinks he is he wouldn't need all those calls to win. The guy crys harder than any superstar in history, and he's an ugly crier too!

We even got 2 in the playoffs against them without JV, if Jonas was 100% we win that series pretty easy

Not crying as much as you are right now, bro.

Miltstar
10-31-2016, 09:09 PM
Not crying as much as you are right now, bro.

there's no tears in my eyes bro, just calling em how I see em. You don't need to be a genius to figure out the NBA has Leb*tches back

Raps much better team than Cleveland this year, with Siakam and Poeltl on board as well as a healthy DC and DD and JV taking the next step we gonna take the East by storm. Not even a favoured whistle will save the Cavs

Clint Olbrock
10-31-2016, 09:17 PM
there's no tears in my eyes bro, just calling em how I see em. You don't need to be a genius to figure out the NBA has Leb*tches back

Raps much better team than Cleveland this year, with Siakam and Poeltl on board as well as a healthy DC and DD and JV taking the next step we gonna take the East by storm. Not even a favoured whistle will save the Cavs

Can't tell if you're a troll or just really ill informed about the NBA.

With or without JV you all were losing that series, easily last season. Your team is worse this season LOL

To your last point, Green got himself in that situation because he is an idiot.. Go cry to him about his attitude and self control issue; not to Cavs fans.

Miltstar
10-31-2016, 09:19 PM
Can't tell if you're a troll or just really ill informed about the NBA.

With or without JV you all were losing that series, easily last season. Your team is worse this season LOL

To your last point, Green got himself in that situation because he is an idiot.. Go cry to him about his attitude and self control issue; not to Cavs fans.

LMAO he only got suspended cuz leb*tch shed tears, please explain to me how the Raptors are worse this year LOLOL, you real ill informed... like seriously i'm interested in hearing, cuz we lost Biyombo and gained 2 players better than him for 1/20th the cost? And that ain't even counting Sully

We got 2 guys on the IR that could be legitimate starters in this league and we still ballin

Vee-Rex
10-31-2016, 09:38 PM

Raps much better team than Cleveland this year, with Siakam and Poeltl on board as healthy DC and DD and JV taking the next step we gonna take the East by storm

If believing that helps you sleep at night, I'm all for it. :laugh2:

Howard_Zinn
10-31-2016, 10:46 PM

Pistons and Raps are my teams to give Cavs and Warriors trouble in the near future. Raptors sooner, maybe even this year. I'm with you on the Raps pick.

Clint Olbrock
10-31-2016, 11:07 PM
LMAO he only got suspended cuz leb*tch shed tears, please explain to me how the Raptors are worse this year LOLOL, you real ill informed... like seriously i'm interested in hearing, cuz we lost Biyombo and gained 2 players better than him for 1/20th the cost? And that ain't even counting Sully

We got 2 guys on the IR that could be legitimate starters in this league and we still ballin

Are you aware how the flagrant point system works in the NBA playoffs? If so, are you just completely blowing that off? Or are you actually ignorant to the system?

I'll throw it out there either way... Green kicking people in the nuts over and over and being reckless is his own fault.. He accumulated 4 flagrant foul points over the ENTIRE playoffs.. It is up to him to control himself when he is well aware of the situation and the consequence.. You can blame it on LBJ all you want, Green needs to man up for his actions and take full responsibility for kicking people in the balls OVER and OVER and OVER.

He clearly hasn't learned because he kicked Crabbe in the nuts in the pre season and after being T'd up for yelling after a dunk this season went on to say he will continue to yell after dunks.. Blame the loose cannon.. Not the guy who calls a spade a spade.

LOL you think 2 rookies who have shown next to nothing in 3 games replace Biyombo.. WOW.. Yeah, leaning towards troll on this one, especially with your IR statement, smh.

You are claiming how the Raps would've beat the Cavs yet you also fail to acknowledge how close your team was to a 1st round exit followed by a 2nd round exit to the depleted garbage Heat team.

I can respect your enthusiasm but you're in denial, the Raptors aren't anything, never were anything and never will be anything.

da ThRONe
10-31-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm taking the team that's not even a choice. A healthy Clippers team. Paul will make Curry work and I think Blake would be unstoppable against the small Warriors team while DJ would give them a significant advantage on the boards. Plus the Clippers bench is way better. Right now the Clippers are my pick to come out the West.

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 07:48 AM
Are you aware how the flagrant point system works in the NBA playoffs? If so, are you just completely blowing that off? Or are you actually ignorant to the system?

LOL you think 2 rookies who have shown next to nothing in 3 games replace Biyombo.. WOW.. Yeah, leaning towards troll on this one, especially with your IR statement, smh.

Yeah it wasn't a T until Lebron shed tears... end of story. He snitched him out like a kindergartner!

If you think Poeltl and Siakam have shown nothing and you don't think Delon Wright and Jared Sullinger are starters in this league than I'm simply on a different knowledge level and this conversation can't be taken any further.

Listen I watch every minute of every Raptor game, you're sleeping on them if you think they're worse than last year. I'm telling you right now with 100% confidence they are a better team. Biyombo was never even a huge part of our team until JV went down, he's by far the most overpaid player this offseason IMO.

Clint Olbrock
11-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Yeah it wasn't a T until Lebron shed tears... end of story. He snitched him out like a kindergartner!

If you think Poeltl and Siakam have shown nothing and you don't think Delon Wright and Jared Sullinger are starters in this league than I'm simply on a different knowledge level and this conversation can't be taken any further.

Listen I watch every minute of every Raptor game, you're sleeping on them if you think they're worse than last year. I'm telling you right now with 100% confidence they are a better team. Biyombo was never even a huge part of our team until JV went down, he's by far the most overpaid player this offseason IMO.

It was never a T.. It was a flagrant.. That gave him his 4th point for the playoffs, you clearly have no clue how the system works.. No excuse for your irrational belief but I guess I see why you believe it.

They haven't shown anything to back your claims, no.

Sully has started in the league so that's not a stretch but you're reaching with Wright just like with the 2 rookies.

I can say with complete confidence the Raptors won't be back to the ECF this season.

R. Johnson#3
11-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Why are you feeding this guy? He's making claims that Delon Wright can be a starter in this league when he's played what, 20 minutes?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Regular season or playoffs? Bucks almost beat them twice last year. Yeah we made roster changes. Out going Bayless,Vasquez,JOB,Inglis,Copeland,Mayo,MCW. New guys in Delly,Telly,Jet,Maker,Brogdon,Beasley,Snell.

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 11:56 AM
It was never a T.. It was a flagrant.. That gave him his 4th point for the playoffs, you clearly have no clue how the system works.. No excuse for your irrational belief but I guess I see why you believe it.

They haven't shown anything to back your claims, no.

Sully has started in the league so that's not a stretch but you're reaching with Wright just like with the 2 rookies.

I can say with complete confidence the Raptors won't be back to the ECF this season.

Ya I understand how the system works lol stop splitting hairs, a flagrant has been classified as a tech for as long as I've been watching. The real point is Lebron cried about it and got his way... you can respect that if you want but I dont.

I don't know what you expect them to show you when they aren't getting any plays ran for them (I'm assuming you didn't watch any of the games) They are both long athletic defenders who can rebound and finish. You can already see what a smart player Poeltl is and the energy Siakam brings. Getting these early minutes is going to be crucial when it's time to dust the Cavs in the Spring.

I've watched enough of Wright in the D/Summer League to know he's capable of running an NBA offense, you're gonna have to take my word for that one which I know you wont but that's ok you'll see one day.

Care to sig bet that last part?

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Why are you feeding this guy? He's making claims that Delon Wright can be a starter in this league when he's played what, 20 minutes?

He actually played 27 games last year and put up a per 36 of 16/6/5/1/.5 shooting 45% from the field, 38% from 3 and 74% from the line, but those aren't decent numbers are they?

Anyways I've sidetracked this thread far enough as I think the Raptors should de-throne the Cavs pretty easily, my answer for the poll is still San Antonio!

R. Johnson#3
11-01-2016, 12:25 PM
He actually played 27 games last year and put up a per 36 of 16/6/5/1/.5 shooting 45% from the field, 38% from 3 and 74% from the line, but those aren't decent numbers are they?

They are projected numbers.

Heediot
11-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Spurs if they can keep up and change paces. Last year they struggled to play at the Warriors pace but did have some success when they slowed it down. You can never count out Pops, the guy is a genius.

As for the Cavs, they did a very good good switching on curry and klay in the finals, but adding KD will only make things thrice as hard so they have 15 percent chance to me.

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 12:45 PM
They are projected numbers.

No, those are real numbers per 36 minutes he played. He played a total of 229.5 minutes over the course of the season.

Heediot
11-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Delon Wright needs to win the backup spot from Joseph or even Powell first before we anoint him starter quality.

koreancabbage
11-01-2016, 01:28 PM

Anyways I've sidetracked this thread far enough as I think the Raptors should de-throne the Cavs pretty easily, my answer for the poll is still San Antonio!

na. none of this is realistic.

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 01:37 PM
na. none of this is realistic.

What? Those are actual pen to paper stats. You can't argue them lol

FlashBolt
11-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Laugh. My. ***. Off. Cavs can easily stop Toronto because they're too reliable on two guys -- both of who are incredibly inconsistent in the playoffs. If it came down to it, LeBron would stick on DeRozan like glue and DeRozan would be shooting 20% on the floor like he did religiously in the playoffs. Toronto is a joke. They remind me of the Hawks. They will lose in the playoffs once again because DeRozan forgets how to shoot a midrange shot and Lowry decides to get a late night snack at McDonald's. The only team in the East capable of beating the Cavs is Boston... Toronto will lose to the Bulls if they played.

DaBear
11-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Spurs and Cavs

Chronz
11-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Don't know why Utah is even in the conversation given the thread title.

If the question was, "Which team is best suited to defend GS's offense" then I'd understand it.

Because they have the requisite size to keep GS from downsizing. Which is more than what we can say for most of the teams mentioned here. Zach Lowe had a podcast recently where many agreed that Utah would be one of the few teams they wouldn't want to face early as matching up matters more in the playoffs than in the RS.

Why?

I hope you aren't insinuating that the results have been decided before the games are played or anything.

Has there ever in the history of the game been results before the games are played?

koreancabbage
11-01-2016, 03:39 PM
What? Those are actual pen to paper stats. You can't argue them lol

They extrapolate current production to what is considered a starter at 36min a game. Its a way to see how a backup player would play as a starter but its often skewed because of player fatigue and competition.

No, those are real numbers per 36 minutes he played. He played a total of 229.5 minutes over the course of the season.

doesn't mean he's a starter. LOL lots of bench players put up good per 36 mins.

also have to factor above he's usually playing against scrubs.

lol, please
11-01-2016, 03:46 PM

Yea, I don't get why people are writing off the Raptors so easily this season.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

koreancabbage
11-01-2016, 04:49 PM

we aren't. noone is. It's just less realistic of them making the finals. Last years teams were weak. They are hugely a 1 trick pony. they suck in the playoffs and if they faced better competition, they should have been out in the 2nd round.

How the Raptors played last playoffs was terrible basketball. they haven't done anything to change their style and you can expect the same type of basketball this coming playofffs, expectingly they make it.

shep33
11-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Spurs, Cavs, Clippers

Chronz
11-01-2016, 05:08 PM
They extrapolate current production to what is considered a starter at 36min a game. Its a way to see how a backup player would play as a starter but its often skewed because of player fatigue and competition.

I'd argue the sample size being too low to be conclusive rather than the fatigue/comp factor and that's because that argument fights against the groove/teammates factor. As in you may player better with better teammates and find your rhythm easier with more minutes. Some guys do better starting than they do off the bench, some guys don't really care.

Tho the optimal range seems to be between 28-33 MPG from what I remember.

The comp factor matters tho, does Delon play a lot of garbage time?

Vee-Rex
11-01-2016, 05:13 PM

What makes you write off the Clippers? Or was leaving them out of the vote list (while including the likes of the Kings) unintentional?

lol, please
11-01-2016, 05:29 PM
What makes you write off the Clippers? Or was leaving them out of the vote list (while including the likes of the Kings) unintentional?
It was unintentional, just didn't think of them at the time.

Vee-Rex
11-01-2016, 05:34 PM

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ckkbh0UUQEWynMJYuYcq1QDblV4=/99x0:1179x720/1310x873/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49881973/getout.0.0.0.jpg

europagnpilgrim
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Laugh. My. ***. Off. Cavs can easily stop Toronto because they're too reliable on two guys -- both of who are incredibly inconsistent in the playoffs. If it came down to it, LeBron would stick on DeRozan like glue and DeRozan would be shooting 20% on the floor like he did religiously in the playoffs. Toronto is a joke. They remind me of the Hawks. They will lose in the playoffs once again because DeRozan forgets how to shoot a midrange shot and Lowry decides to get a late night snack at McDonald's. The only team in the East capable of beating the Cavs is Boston... Toronto will lose to the Bulls if they played.

I would also add that Bulls team to the list of capable of beating the Cavs, but most likely neither team will succeed but Bulls are more dangerous to me than the Celtics especially with a more battle tested backcourt and a guy who can actually somewhat guard Lebron and also do a little something on the other end in Butler

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 05:56 PM

The numbers were pretty much right in line with what he did in the D-League (17.7/6.5/5) so I don't think it's too much of a stretch. He mostly played garbage time, but he had a few starts for Kyle down the stretch where he played really well.

He's also 6'5" and a good defender. If he's not starter quality he would at least be a top notch back up. I've seen a lot of him, he is legit.

koreancabbage
11-01-2016, 06:10 PM
The numbers were pretty much right in line with what he did in the D-League (17.7/6.5/5) so I don't think it's too much of a stretch. He mostly played garbage time, but he had a few starts for Kyle down the stretch where he played really well.

He's also 6'5" and a good defender. If he's not starter quality he would at least be a top notch back up. I've seen a lot of him, he is legit.

Sure he did. But does that make a legit NBA starting point guard. Not necessarily. Maybe on a rebuilding team but I don't think he's that good to lead a playoff team.

Yes, I believe he's a solid player for the Raps. He's not flashy and he's a little older that the usual sophomore (24). He has a low ceiling but he can still be solid. All about opportunities and he's not going to get an on the Raps.

But back to the Raptors. Are they second seed good? Sure. Can they beat the Cavs in the playoffs,sure. But more often than not, it's usually the Raptors playing poorly and one dimensionally that fails them.

With the way they play playoff basketball, I would give the Cavs an edge still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koreancabbage
11-01-2016, 06:15 PM
I'd argue the sample size being too low to be conclusive rather than the fatigue/comp factor and that's because that argument fights against the groove/teammates factor. As in you may player better with better teammates and find your rhythm easier with more minutes. Some guys do better starting than they do off the bench, some guys don't really care.

Tho the optimal range seems to be between 28-33 MPG from what I remember.

The comp factor matters tho, does Delon play a lot of garbage time?

yes he plays a lot of garbage time. He's the third string PG. CoJo played 80 games and Lowry 77.

But he's good defensively and he can see a lot of the floor with his size. He's a solid player even playing against good competition.

A guard who's ready to lead a playoff team, nope.

Chronz
11-01-2016, 06:19 PM

Yikes, I'd rather admit it was intentional than be the type to forget such a high caliber squad. Next time, take more time with your simplistic posts.

Chronz
11-01-2016, 06:20 PM
yes he plays a lot of garbage time. He's the third string PG. CoJo played 80 games and Lowry 77.

But he's good defensively and he can see a lot of the floor with his size. He's a solid player even playing against good competition.

I only know him cuz hes in one of my 2k leagues, I have him and Booker in the backcourt, tons of fun. Though I can confirm, we are in the lottery.

lol, please
11-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Yikes, I'd rather admit it was intentional than be the type to forget such a high caliber squad. Next time, take more time with your simplistic posts.
Honestly I truly forgot, I didn't pay much attention to the offseason around the NBA (Giants baseball was a big distraction) and we haven't played the Clippers yet, I completely forgot they existed when I made this thread, it wasn't a slight or anything. And to be fair, there is an "other" option anyway lol.

Chronz
11-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Honestly I truly forgot, I didn't pay much attention to the offseason around the NBA (Giants baseball was a big distraction) and we haven't played the Clippers yet, I completely forgot they existed when I made this thread, it wasn't a slight or anything. And to be fair, there is an "other" option anyway lol.

Yup, the few votes we have decided your other choice is the best option outside of Cleveland/SAS.

koreancabbage
11-01-2016, 07:45 PM
I only know him cuz hes in one of my 2k leagues, I have him and Booker in the backcourt, tons of fun. Though I can confirm, we are in the lottery.

Lullz. Rhyme and reason to everything ha

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 08:02 PM

Nor did I insinuate that he was, but I could easily see him outplaying the pgs on teams like Orlando, Sacremento, New Orleans, Philly, Dallas, Brooklyn, Denver etc.

Clint Olbrock
11-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Ya I understand how the system works lol stop splitting hairs, a flagrant has been classified as a tech for as long as I've been watching. The real point is Lebron cried about it and got his way... you can respect that if you want but I dont.

I don't know what you expect them to show you when they aren't getting any plays ran for them (I'm assuming you didn't watch any of the games) They are both long athletic defenders who can rebound and finish. You can already see what a smart player Poeltl is and the energy Siakam brings. Getting these early minutes is going to be crucial when it's time to dust the Cavs in the Spring.

I've watched enough of Wright in the D/Summer League to know he's capable of running an NBA offense, you're gonna have to take my word for that one which I know you wont but that's ok you'll see one day.

Care to sig bet that last part?

It's not splitting hairs, they're not one in the same like you're trying to make them out to be.

You clearly have no idea how the system works.. You don't even know the difference between foul types :facepalm:

7 technical fouls points in the playoffs is a suspension.. Separate from that is 4 flagrant foul points in the playoffs is a suspension. Brush up on your knowledge of the rules before you start spouting nonsense.

LeBron "crying" and getting Draymond's retaliation nut kick upgraded to a flagrant 1 would NOT have mattered if Draymond wouldn't have already accumulated 3 flagrant foul points earlier in the playoffs.. It is solely on him for being a bone head, any justification otherwise sounds like Toronto sour grapes to me.

I watched the Cavs beat the Raptors this season, sure did, Siakam was in foul trouble on dumb fouls. Both of them can get all the minutes they want, you're just puffing your chest out.. Your squad is out in the 1st or 2nd round.

If Wright is great based on the NBADL and NBA summer league then we have an absolute BEAST on our bench in Jordan McRae that we haven't even unleashed on the NBA yet! :laugh2:

Miltstar
11-01-2016, 09:59 PM
smh, I'm not taking the bait, I know the rules, you can think what you want.

Cleveland won the game on a bad call, which is pretty typical when we play Lebron. I just can't respect the guy, or the Cavs I mean he blames his teammates everytime they lose, he makes a TV special to rub in the fact he's leaving Cleveland, you burn the guys jersey, he comes back, cheats his way to a championship and now he's supposed to be some sort of demi-god? The whole thing kind of disgusts me as a fan of basketball.

I'll take the humble, loyal, hard-working, dedicated, driven and passionate Raptors everyday of the week even if we don't get the calls.

(An example of the type of BS we deal with when playing American teams in the playoffs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiDz6y4xrY

Clint Olbrock
11-01-2016, 10:27 PM
smh, I'm not taking the bait, I know the rules, you can think what you want.

Cleveland won the game on a bad call, which is pretty typical when we play Lebron. I just can't respect the guy, or the Cavs I mean he blames his teammates everytime they lose, he makes a TV special to rub in the fact he's leaving Cleveland, you burn the guys jersey, he comes back, cheats his way to a championship and now he's supposed to be some sort of demi-god? The whole thing kind of disgusts me as a fan of basketball.

I'll take the humble, loyal, hard-working, dedicated, driven and passionate Raptors everyday of the week even if we don't get the calls.

(An example of the type of BS we deal with when playing American teams in the playoffs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiDz6y4xrY

There is no bait, you flat out have been proven wrong for your irrational belief.

In l'm not a LBJ fan, I'm a Cavs fan... I was getting $50 floor seats to Cavs games while LBJ was off doing his thing in Miami.

Just because you dislike LBJ, doesn't make him a poor player.

I stand by what I said in my previous post, the Raptors won't make the ECF this season and I'll leave it there.

lol, please
11-01-2016, 10:38 PM
There is no bait, you flat out have been proven wrong for your irrational belief.

In l'm not a LBJ fan, I'm a Cavs fan... I was getting $50 floor seats to Cavs games while LBJ was off doing his thing in Miami.

I stand by what I said in my previous post, the Raptors won't make the ECF this season and I'll leave it there.

a week into the season? :laugh2:

Bold statement if there ever was one.

Clint Olbrock
11-01-2016, 11:08 PM
a week into the season? :laugh2:

Bold statement if there ever was one.

lol, please.. I could've made that claim before the seasone even started.

Cracka2HI!
11-01-2016, 11:19 PM
I don't get this thread. Kings? Knicks? LOL, probably just created to troll Clipper fans. Shouldn't this thread be about the Spurs?

lol, please
11-02-2016, 12:33 AM
I don't get this thread. Kings? Knicks? LOL, probably just created to troll Clipper fans. Shouldn't this thread be about the Spurs?

I mean, it's a discussion. The Spurs aren't the only right answer.

Also, it's obvious you haven't read through the thread because I already explained that I simply forgot about the Clippers when I made the poll, but regardless there is an "other" poll option for other teams not specified so I don't see the big deal anyway.

Miltstar
11-02-2016, 02:41 AM

AHAHAHA IRRATIONAL BELIEF!?!?!?! You're too funny, I know the difference between a tech, a flagrant 1 and a flagrant 2. They were originally referred to as FLAGRANT TECHNICAL FOULS! Get over yourself.

LBJ is a great player, don't respect him one bit though.

Saying they won't make the ECF is just a sour grapes statement that carries about the same weight as me saying Cleveland won't make the ECF but honestly the most likely scenario is a rematch. Anyways this is going nowhere, but please stop acting like I don't know the words I'm speaking.

Clint Olbrock
11-02-2016, 03:31 AM
AHAHAHA IRRATIONAL BELIEF!?!?!?! You're too funny, I know the difference between a tech, a flagrant 1 and a flagrant 2. They were originally referred to as FLAGRANT TECHNICAL FOULS! Get over yourself.

LBJ is a great player, don't respect him one bit though.

Saying they won't make the ECF is just a sour grapes statement that carries about the same weight as me saying Cleveland won't make the ECF but honestly the most likely scenario is a rematch. Anyways this is going nowhere, but please stop acting like I don't know the words I'm speaking.

You don't, you're completely clueless and keep proving it.

You fail to acknowledge the simple fact that Green's retaliation to LBJ alone was not enough to get suspended based on that sole incident. You wanna put all the blame on LBJ and the Cavs without any acknowledgement to Green bein a nut kicking loose cannon who put himself in that situation with his behavior throughout the entire playoffs... Yes that is irrational, yes it is because we easily beat your team.

Lol yet again using something incorrectly.. What do I have sour grapes over when we beat you in the playoffs last season and the first regular season game this season.. Clearly have no idea what the word means. We beat you and will continue to beat you when it counts because your team was VERY lucky to even make the ECF last season(something you also refuse to acknowledge).

I'm not sorry the Cavs are better than your team and always beat them, get over it.

koreancabbage
11-02-2016, 07:34 AM

You fail to acknowledge the simple fact that Green's retaliation to LBJ alone was not enough to get suspended based on that sole incident. You wanna put all the blame on LBJ and the Cavs without any acknowledgement to Green bein a nut kicking loose cannon who put himself in that situation with his behavior throughout the entire playoffs... Yes that is irrational, yes it is because we easily beat your team.

Lol yet again using something incorrectly.. What do I have sour grapes over when we beat you in the playoffs last season and the first regular season game this season.. Clearly have no idea what the word means. We beat you and will continue to beat you when it counts because your team was VERY lucky to even make the ECF last season(something you also refuse to acknowledge).

I'm not sorry the Cavs are better than your team and always beat them, get over it.

With the way the Raps played in the playoffs, I was surprised they got far as they did last year. They play horrible team basketball come playoff time the last two years.

I acknowledge that the Raps play in Lebron Eastern conference and the odds, even a little bit for the Raps, are stacked against everyone else. Is Cleveland beatable? Yes. In a 7 game series, for every other Eastern conference team, probably not.

Im not going to be bold in my predictions like you have to say the Raps aren't ECF worthy but who would have thought they had the chance to get there last year? Everyone was saying Miami and Cleveland in the ECF, even Lebron himself, I believe.

Miltstar
11-02-2016, 11:41 AM

Ok man now go chug a beer and give yourself a high five lol, see you in the ECF

Clint Olbrock
11-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Ok man now go chug a beer and give yourself a high five lol, see you in the ECF

If you wanna come to the Q and watch the Cavs play some team that isn't the cRaptors in the ECF.. That's fine with me.

SteBO
11-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Picked the Cavs slightly ahead of the Spurs. I dunno, I just love their roster. They have a mobile big in TT that proved worthy of guarding the perimeter when needed in stretches. If they can get one more shooter somehow, I'd even venture to pick CLE to repeat. GS interior defense is gonna be a problem imo.

Also, Cavs fans are arguing w/ a Raps fan....why exactly?

SteBO
11-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Too early to judge overall, but the Spurs are a team to definitely keep an eye on. Kawhi has shown me the past year and a half that he's someone you can give the ball to and bail you out down the stretch....his development is crazy.

lol, please
11-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Picked the Cavs slightly ahead of the Spurs. I dunno, I just love their roster. They have a mobile big in TT that proved worthy of guarding the perimeter when needed in stretches. If they can get one more shooter somehow, I'd even venture to pick CLE to repeat. GS interior defense is gonna be a problem imo.

Also, Cavs fans are arguing w/ a Raps fan....why exactly?

Raptors had a decent chance at upsetting them in the ECF, and I think many teams in the east are reluctant to accept that the Raptors are now contenders who are sticking around in contention.

Miltstar
11-02-2016, 02:55 PM
I dunno, I just love their roster. They have a mobile big in TT that proved worthy of guarding the perimeter when needed in stretches.

Dating a Kardashian does not bode well for his future

Yanks All Day
11-04-2016, 11:50 PM
2nd game of a back-to-back or not, the Warriors are getting eaten alive in the paint by Julius Randle. Good luck with Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love, and LeBron James.

Here's he deal with what Golden State did: They gave up most of their depth and all of their rim protection to max out their perimeter offense. Kevin Durant will not help with rebounding. He's not going to give them paint points. When the shots don't fall, they are going to look bad.

Now 85% of the time, they'll be fine. They'll blow out bad teams and beat most good ones. But they added Kevin Durant specifically to one-up Cleveland. Ironically, what they did was give up everything that helped them match up well with the Cavs. Cleveland is, plain and simple, a flat-out better (and more complete/deep) team. If Golden State doesn't shoot the lights out, they're totally under-sized and over-matched vs a Cavs team.

Jeffy25
11-05-2016, 12:00 AM
apparently this years Lakers lol

koreancabbage
11-05-2016, 01:19 AM
Apparently, the Lakers lol

Aust
11-05-2016, 02:54 AM
LAL baby :D

More-Than-Most
11-05-2016, 03:52 AM
lol this wont ever get old... Warriors better pray for that 2 seed if the lakers get that 8 seed and warriors finish with the one seed the warriors are ousted in 4 :laugh:

nastynice
11-05-2016, 04:39 AM
This year I don't think anyone's gonna even threaten the dubs in the playoffs. I think spurs or cavs each have the potential to get two, wouldn't be surprised with sweeps tho

ciaban
11-05-2016, 06:29 AM
Apparently it's the lakers.

ciaban
11-05-2016, 06:34 AM
I don't think the raptors make the ECF, not because I believe they're overrated or any such nonsense, I just believe that the Pacers and Cavs are the two best teams out east right now. I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto made the ECF, because they are a very good team, I just don't think they will.

kdspurman
11-05-2016, 09:16 AM
This year I don't think anyone's gonna even threaten the dubs in the playoffs. I think spurs or cavs each have the potential to get two, wouldn't be surprised with sweeps tho

word

Vee-Rex
11-05-2016, 10:55 AM
2nd game of a back-to-back or not, the Warriors are getting eaten alive in the paint by Julius Randle. Good luck with Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love, and LeBron James.

Here's he deal with what Golden State did: They gave up most of their depth and all of their rim protection to max out their perimeter offense. Kevin Durant will not help with rebounding. He's not going to give them paint points. When the shots don't fall, they are going to look bad.

Now 85% of the time, they'll be fine. They'll blow out bad teams and beat most good ones. But they added Kevin Durant specifically to one-up Cleveland. Ironically, what they did was give up everything that helped them match up well with the Cavs. Cleveland is, plain and simple, a flat-out better (and more complete/deep) team. If Golden State doesn't shoot the lights out, they're totally under-sized and over-matched vs a Cavs team.

I hope that's the case.

Mr. Baller
11-05-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't think the raptors make the ECF, not because I believe they're overrated or any such nonsense, I just believe that the Pacers and Cavs are the two best teams out east right now. I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto made the ECF, because they are a very good team, I just don't think they will.

The Pacers? What the hell have you been watching? The Pacers have one of the worst defenses in the league, no chance in hell they get anywhere near a top 2 seed.

DarkKnight
11-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Add the Lakers...they just smashed the warriors

tredigs
11-05-2016, 12:05 PM

It's not exactly a hot take. This is what the league is banking on. I don't think it's entirely based in reality (Zaza's a better offensive rebounder than Bogut and KD is an 8+ RPG player. "Doesn't help with rebounding"?)

In contrast to last season, the reality is that they DON'T have to rely on shooting the lights out nearly as much with KD on the team. He's a guy who scores at will from a myriad of spots on the court. He's a high post presence, an ISO juggernaut and elite at drawing contact (something they sorely needed). Curry is also an elite driver and was up there with the PF's and Centers when it came to paint scoring FG% last season. And while I understand he's America's most hated player, Draymond can bang in the paint and certainly won't make a thing easy on Love when he chooses to get in there.

Cleveland's flying under the radar somewhat and definitely playing the best ball in the NBA, but this Warriors team is without question more dangerous with the off-season moves, it'll just take time to flesh out.

Unless the recipe to success against them is simply, "DO NOT guard Steph Curry or Klay Thompson from three. They will miss". Worked for the Lakers at least.

dnl123
11-05-2016, 01:11 PM
We all know the Warriors are going to come together and be an absolute force. Once they start making 3's everybody is in big trouble. That said I think the Spurs have a good formula to challenge them in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
11-05-2016, 01:24 PM
As I said.. Warriors are moving away from Curry as the first option and having KD become their new first option so that KD can feel in-place. They're all busy catering to KD and changing the team for HIM whereas it should be the other way around. Curry is trying to feed KD the ball but we all know Curry is not a traditional PG. His assists come from his dominance shooting the ball. Curry hasn't shot the ball well and has given the opportunities to KD. Look at Klay. The way he shoots compared to last year is the same but he's getting them at weird intervals so it screws with his shooting. To be honest, Kawhi on this team instead of KD would have been more dangerous. I still think Warriors win the chip but wow, I did not expect Warriors to give KD the keys. Sad we can't see two great players put up historic individual achievements.

Cracka2HI!
11-05-2016, 02:31 PM
The OP ****ed up bad on this thread!!! Where are the Lakers troll!?!?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol, please
11-10-2016, 07:55 PM
After hearing a lot of discussion about the size advantage the Nuggets have, it will be interesting to see what the analysis is after tonight's game, I am pretty intrigued by the matchup.

This game, and the Raptors game coming up will be huge.

Chronz
11-10-2016, 08:32 PM
The OP ****ed up bad on this thread!!! Where are the Lakers troll!?!?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Let the clips go under the radar man, it's good for them.

Miltstar
11-10-2016, 10:27 PM
The Pacers? What the hell have you been watching? The Pacers have one of the worst defenses in the league, no chance in hell they get anywhere near a top 2 seed.

People find any reason to disrespect the Raptors, Derozan ranked 46 in SI, dude puts up the best start to a season since MJ. No one will give them any credit until they win 15-20 in a row and then the bandwagon will be flooded and the streets will run red.

GodsSon
11-11-2016, 02:06 AM
I like the Spurs chances and have them as my pick to make the finals. GS will struggle against teams with size and length and you can see that in both of their losses. Teams that will give them a hard time...

Spurs
Cavs
Raptors
Lakers
Nuggets (though they lost tonight)
Minne
Jazz
Grizz
Bucks

tredigs
11-11-2016, 08:47 AM
As I said.. Warriors are moving away from Curry as the first option and having KD become their new first option so that KD can feel in-place. They're all busy catering to KD and changing the team for HIM whereas it should be the other way around. Curry is trying to feed KD the ball but we all know Curry is not a traditional PG. His assists come from his dominance shooting the ball. Curry hasn't shot the ball well and has given the opportunities to KD. Look at Klay. The way he shoots compared to last year is the same but he's getting them at weird intervals so it screws with his shooting. To be honest, Kawhi on this team instead of KD would have been more dangerous. I still think Warriors win the chip but wow, I did not expect Warriors to give KD the keys. Sad we can't see two great players put up historic individual achievements.
Not even 10 games in and this comment is already looking foolish.

lol, please
11-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Not even 10 games in and this comment is already looking foolish.

lol.

Curry has been playing out of his mind lately.

We don't have a first option imo. We are a three headed monster offensively.

Vee-Rex
11-13-2016, 10:45 PM
lol.

Curry has been playing out of his mind lately.

We don't have a first option imo. We are a three headed monster offensively.

The Splash Family!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-15-2016, 09:19 AM
Bucks VS Warriors Saturday!

Seahawker562
11-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Still no respect for the Clippers, keep it up guys! Theyre never discussed in the main forum anyways which is why I rarely post in the NBA section and go directly to other Clipper forums. Keep hating...

krazylegz
11-15-2016, 07:59 PM
Still no respect for the Clippers, keep it up guys! Theyre never discussed in the main forum anyways which is why I rarely post in the NBA section and go directly to other Clipper forums. Keep hating...

thats because clippers will do what they've done since they've been relevant the past 6 seasons....make the post season and choke

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2016, 11:07 PM
Probably Cavs. But I'd pick Warriors by a heavy margin whoever they face.

da ThRONe
11-16-2016, 06:30 AM
thats because clippers will do what they've done since they've been relevant the past 6 seasons....make the post season and choke

You mean get injured right? Because they haven't been healthy the past 3 years.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-16-2016, 10:55 AM

Yeah that's how the main NBA board goes. Seems like its always same old discussions of same old players. Old multiple duplicate threads of same old discussion. It does get old. Some topics should be move to some of the team boards. Lack of moderating as well. That's why I took a break from this site as well. I tried to get a Bucks discussion going here like 3 years ago for a outsiders opinions. Back then the mod of the main NBA board moved it back to the Bucks board. Thought it was funny.

So never bothered making a thread here. Also haters here can go on name calling and baiting and get a free pass. If I flipped my lid id be banned. That's why I took a long break from here and stepped down as Bucks TM as well. But yeah I get what your saying by sticking with home team board. I only check this board out when PSD looks like a ghost town everywhere else. This site lost tons of posters cause of haters.

Mave1002
11-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Combine the Lakers and the Wolves, the DUBS won't stand a chance. :D

KAT/Dieng
Randle/LNJ
Wiggins/Ingram
Lavine/Clarkson
Russell/Dunn

tredigs
11-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Well they've been an organization for 5 decades and have never made it past the 2nd round so forgive those for remaining skeptical.

tp13baby
11-18-2016, 09:54 AM

Its about matchups, they just don't matchup well imo.

1. LA depends on the SG production of JJ and Crawford, which is no match for Klay and Iggy on either end of the court.
2. Jordan although a great rim protector, Golden State percentage wise get one of the lowest production of point inside the paint. They still rank 4th with points in the paint but they do most their damage outside.
3. Back to 3, they do their damage outside. LA ranks 25rd in defending the 3 field goal percentage. That might be the biggest reason they would struggle. They also limit attempts too so who knows.

Who knows, maybe they do matchup great. Good team defense overall, they don't turn the ball over, but Rivers and Felton getting minutes is a loss no matter what guards GS has on the floor.

da ThRONe
11-20-2016, 10:17 PM
Well they've been an organization for 5 decades and have never made it past the 2nd round so forgive those for remaining skeptical.

I never understand why people bring up team history like it matters. This current roster hasn't been there for 5 decades. No team ever has a history of success until the first time it has a history of success.

da ThRONe
11-20-2016, 10:19 PM
Its about matchups, they just don't matchup well imo.

1. LA depends on the SG production of JJ and Crawford, which is no match for Klay and Iggy on either end of the court.
2. Jordan although a great rim protector, Golden State percentage wise get one of the lowest production of point inside the paint. They still rank 4th with points in the paint but they do most their damage outside.
3. Back to 3, they do their damage outside. LA ranks 25rd in defending the 3 field goal percentage. That might be the biggest reason they would struggle. They also limit attempts too so who knows.

Who knows, maybe they do matchup great. Good team defense overall, they don't turn the ball over, but Rivers and Felton getting minutes is a loss no matter what guards GS has on the floor.

What does this have to do with my point? The Clippers haven't just been choking they've been getting injured/already injured in the playoffs the last 3 or 4 years. Whether they'll be good enough to beat the Spurs or Warriors obviously remains to be seen.

likemystylez
11-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Lol @ not including the Clippers in the vote list.

I just noticed that. :laugh2:

Since the 2014, playoffs- I dont think the clippers have beat the warriors. Also- I dont think most of the games have even been close. warriors are in the clippers heads in the worst kinda way.

lol, please
10-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Since the 2014, playoffs- I dont think the clippers have beat the warriors. Also- I dont think most of the games have even been close. warriors are in the clippers heads in the worst kinda way.

And they've gotten no better.

I think it's time to revisit this discussion.

My list of threats:

Rockets
Celtics (With Hayward)
Spurs
Raptors
Cavaliers
Grizzlies
Thunder