PDA

View Full Version : HEAT Regular Season thread Pt1

Pages : [1] 2

SteBO
10-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Discuss regular season games here.....Charlotte tonight, should be super fun.

archdevil84
10-28-2016, 04:09 PM
I wont be watching a lot of games because of my working schedule upcoming half year but i'll catch the game tonight. very excited to see our young guys going at it!

All-In
10-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Discuss regular season games here.....Charlotte tonight, should be super fun.

There was a lot to like from the first game but if I had to pick just one thing....I'd pick the Waiters/Whiteside pick-and-roll, they're getting better at timing Whitesides roll, Waiters drop off passes are sneaky amazing, and they already have such a good chemistry, its something that can become a go-to if we're struggling for buckets

Even though we don't have a traditional backup PG, I dont mind a unit of TJ, Waiters and Winslow as backup ball-handlers, it almost gets everyone equally involved with the offense, helping ball movement and player movement....so for now, Im fine with it.....And James Johnson has been looking good too, he had a couple of lob passes off screen-and-rolls with Willie Reed that were awesome to watch

Overall, good first game, but of course its a long season and so many teams have improved as is, so Charlotte will be a good test, Winslow Vs. MKG, yes please

ps thanks for starting a regular season game thread SteBo

hotdalton18
10-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Waiters needs to go to the bench when Richardson gets back

He just plays selfish

We don't need pull up jumpers with no passes

He'll be good off the bench with Tyler

archdevil84
10-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Waiters needs to go to the bench when Richardson gets back

He just plays selfish

We don't need pull up jumpers with no passes

He'll be good off the bench with Tyler

i agree

archdevil84
10-28-2016, 08:33 PM
clearly a foul on zeller if you ask me

archdevil84
10-28-2016, 08:47 PM
offense struggling right now without a real playmaker. we need dragic back on the floor

archdevil84
10-28-2016, 09:01 PM
waiters just airballed a free throw

AllBall
10-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Up 11 at the half. I like this team. :)

Mr. Baller
10-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Disappointing 3rd there. Should have one of Dragic or Hassan out there at all times. Hassan being in foul trouble really changed the momentum of the game

Slug3
10-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Man Winslow needs to stop shooting.

AllBall
10-28-2016, 10:29 PM
I have to give credit to Charlotte's defense tonight, they are pesky and persistent. I think we can learn from this, have a tough schedule in next 5 games though.

Slug3
10-28-2016, 10:30 PM
Winslow and waiters should. Or be taking more shots than Whiteside.

Mr. Baller
10-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Would've went to Derrick Williams with the offensive struggling like that. Tough loss. Spurs will be on a back to back and their 4th game in 6 nights so hopefully they rest some guys

flashelement
10-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Look, Winslow is a good kid, but one on one defense is so overrated on the pro level. You need shooting and scoring to win on this level.

beasted86
10-29-2016, 04:49 AM
Can't win games with everyone shooting 40% or less except the 2 centers.

They're struggling to get anything easy. I give credit to Charlotte defense, but they should be able to do better.

Hopefully Richardson is back soon.

archdevil84
10-29-2016, 07:54 AM
waiters in 2 games played is 9-29. not a good sign

beasted86
10-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Would've went to Derrick Williams with the offensive struggling like that. Tough loss. Spurs will be on a back to back and their 4th game in 6 nights so hopefully they rest some guys
Kahwi and Aldridge always destroy us.

Mr. Baller
10-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Kahwi and Aldridge always destroy us.

Hence why I said I hope they rest some guys lol

flashelement
10-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Last night's game was a reality check. Doesn't matter how tough u are, how much u hustle, take charges, or play tuff D. If you can't put the ball in the hole, on a consistent basis, throughout the course of an NBA game. U will lose more games than U will win. Simple theory. Im not gonna name names but it was very very frustrating watching the bad shots and the foolish turnovers. And not just the new players but the so called faces of the franchise.

flashelement
10-29-2016, 11:00 AM
Other than tj and hw the only young player on the heat roster with a chance of stardom is J.R. Josh is the type of athletic player that could average 20 points a game on 50% shooting. Could have used him last night against Charlotte.

king james
10-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Don't understand why Williams couldn't get any pt last night. I like James Johnson but I believe he is trying to do too much out there. Him and Waiters. They both have a spot on this team but they need to bring it in some.

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Dragic/Waiters/Winslow/James Johnson were all god awful last game and the reason we lost

Williams needs to play over JJ

Waiters needs to come off the bench when Richardson is back

Once Whiteside left in the 3rd quarter we got murdered

Can't be like that all season if we have any hope of making the playoffs

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Lmao please cut Waiters now

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 06:29 PM
Winslow off to a terrible start

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 06:47 PM
I never like waiters. Please cut him. Also JJ. There's a reason he's a journeyman. I'm a little bit disappointed on winslow's jumper. I'll give him time though.

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Have no idea how Waiters is an NBA player

Legit the worst one on one D Iv ever seen

And on offense he'a an ISO turnover/Bad shot selection bum

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 07:09 PM

I have no idea was is he in our team. Don't forget terrible passer also. His pass to Whiteside was too low. Why is Ellington not playing? Injured?

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 07:13 PM

I have no idea was is he in our team. Don't forget terrible passer also. His pass to Whiteside was too low. Why is Ellington not playing? Injured?

Yeah he's injured

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Whiteside 15/9 and 3 blocks at half

It's to bad he can't play 48 minutes lol cause we're terrible without him

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Why is waiters a starter and not TJ?

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Winslow/Whiteside/Dragic ballin right now in this come back

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Why is waiters a starter and not TJ?

Imagine Waiters running a whole unit as the main player...Yuck

When Richardson comes back Waiters will go to the bench

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 07:44 PM
Imagine Waiters running a whole unit as the main player...Yuck

When Richardson comes back Waiters will go to the bench

Now I'm enlightened. God, why did we took this guy. Whatever. I hope JR and Ellington come back asap.

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Please I beg spo, put the ball more on TJ than waiters.

AllBall
10-30-2016, 07:54 PM
The Whiteside hook shot is a real thing.

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 08:10 PM
The Whiteside hook shot is a real thing.

His step back looks decent to lol

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 08:25 PM
I told you, terrible passer. Smh on waiters.

hotdalton18
10-30-2016, 08:31 PM
Lmao fire spo hahahaha

Really took Winslow off of Leanard cause 5 fouls and now Leonard went the hell off

To make it worse he chose to put out worse defender on him lmaoo

What a joke

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 08:34 PM
I would rather have TJ guard leonard. Why? Why does drag it have to do the inbound pass? Then pass it to waiters? We just helped the spurs beat us. You're welcome!

beasted86
10-30-2016, 08:39 PM
Is it okay if I say I'm over the Waiters experiment already? I mean, it's not a knee jerk reaction anymore, right?

I was one of the few optimistic ones. But his decision making plain sucks.

As soon as Ellington and Richardson are back, he should never play I think.

lavilevi23
10-30-2016, 08:40 PM
Waiters fcked us in this game big time.
Turnover after turnover he just keeps making awful decisions..

beasted86
10-30-2016, 08:42 PM
As soon as Bosh was officially done, I knew this would be a long season of losing.

But at the same time I want the guys losing playing smart basketball and learning good habits. Waiters is not who I want around these guys playing the way he does.

I will freely say he's more frustrating to watch than Green was last season.

AllBall
10-30-2016, 09:02 PM
TBH, if Whiteside didn't go down I think we would have won. Glad he's ok. I'll make my verdict on Waiters in December.

Jemikz9Clutch
10-30-2016, 11:15 PM
I don't know if pat is senile, because waiters is unequal to winning or being fit to the heat culture imo... Unless we're secretly tanking.

Please share me some knowledge. Was he helpful when he was with the thunder last year?

beasted86
10-30-2016, 11:41 PM
I don't know if pat is senile, because waiters is unequal to winning or being fit to the heat culture imo... Unless we're secretly tanking.

Please share me some knowledge. Was he helpful when he was with the thunder last year?

In spot doses with defense and scoring.

He's just not consistent whatsoever and his IQ is terrible along with his conditioning previously.

Being that he worked so hard in changing his physique I was hoping he would have a similar change in his discipline in shot selection, effort defensively, and willingness to be more of a playmaker than a scorer. But there just doesn't seem to be any improvement.

Yeah, but I definitely think we've been tanking since the day Bosh failed his physical.

hotdalton18
10-31-2016, 12:53 AM
Waiters fcked us in this game big time.
Turnover after turnover he just keeps making awful decisions..

Yeah, Waiters is terrible on both ends

But it was Spo's choice to put him on Leonard and just watched him go off smh

hotdalton18
10-31-2016, 12:56 AM
If we're gonna tank we might as well really do it

So that Dragic for Gay and Collision trade so we can have the cap and a worse record

#LonzoBall

AllBall
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
Oh internet, you so crazy. 2 games and already with these reactions.

Guys, it's nothing more than JR being hurt. Waiters was most likely not brought in for that role. It just ended up that way.

SteBO
10-31-2016, 08:30 AM
Look guys, this team is gonna look clunky at times. We have a bunch of dudes on 1-year deals. The only thing HEAT fans should really look for in every game this season is competitiveness....and we have been to start the year. Last night especially, we had a 4th quarter lead....

SteBO
10-31-2016, 08:33 AM
Also I'll say it again.....so glad we have Hassan here long-term.

archdevil84
10-31-2016, 01:02 PM
im happy to see a core of whiteside, winslow and TJ leading our team and i think dragic fits in nicely and when Jrich returns we do get a lot better but man, i told yall waiters was fcking terrible. i've said it so many times i dont want him on the team and now look how he's playing. he's shooting 12-38 ffs. what is this guy doing on the team?

Slug3
11-01-2016, 09:06 PM
It seems like Winslow is just trying to do too much.

Slug3
11-01-2016, 09:29 PM
James Johnson needs to see Less and less min when we get healthy.

Slug3
11-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Whiteside is playing extremely stupid tonight.

Mr. Baller
11-01-2016, 09:40 PM
James Johnson should not be playing over Derrick Williams. I understand he plays solid defense but he is absolutely lost on the offensive end. **** I rather play McRoberts when he is healthy over Johnson.

flashelement
11-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Some of the worst heat basketball since pre-Lebron.

flashelement
11-01-2016, 09:46 PM
When Joshua comes back, look for dion waiters to be waived shortly thereafter.

flashelement
11-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Cousins is stupid but talented.

flashelement
11-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Gay for Winslow sounds pretty good right about now.

flashelement
11-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Dion!! WTF!!!

Slug3
11-01-2016, 10:05 PM
When Joshua comes back, look for dion waiters to be waived shortly thereafter.

Have you watched the game? Waiters is really the only good one today. Honestly it might actually be time to trade Winslow.

lavilevi23
11-01-2016, 10:27 PM
I cringe often when Winslow has the ball in his hands

All-In
11-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Have you watched the game? Waiters is really the only good one today. Honestly it might actually be time to trade Winslow.

I read way too many negative comments about Winslow for a guy thats only 20 years old....I mean Devin Booker has been struggling horribly too, should the Suns trade him?

Yes, he isn't very good at offense but he is making strides with his passing, ball handling and drive/finishing....Its going to take at least 3-4 more years until he develops an NBA competent game, so everyone needs to suck it up and watch Winslow make some bone head plays on offense from time to time this season

All-In
11-02-2016, 01:26 AM
We need to limit Whitesides post touches, he isn't that good in the post, hes so slow at gathering his post move that its super easy to read...his game is derived off others creating for him, he needs to understand hes Deandre Jordan and not Boogie Cousins.....Also he rarely picks his head back up to look for cutters or open threes, as soon as he gets the ball in the post its almost like a black hole

He has been improving his post game since hes enter the league and has gotten a lot better, but now isn't the time to execute low percentage plays on offense for a team that has been struggling with closing games

SteBO
11-02-2016, 07:49 AM
He's better than DeAndre....but he's not Boogie offensively either. Dragic is our best offensive player and down the stretch of games, he needs to be assertive.Very pleased with the win...considering how tight it was knowing that we're gonna struggle to win close games this year.

AllBall
11-02-2016, 09:03 AM
The optimist would say, we're undefeated in November. lol

Slug3
11-02-2016, 09:45 AM
I read way too many negative comments about Winslow for a guy thats only 20 years old....I mean Devin Booker has been struggling horribly too, should the Suns trade him?

Yes, he isn't very good at offense but he is making strides with his passing, ball handling and drive/finishing....Its going to take at least 3-4 more years until he develops an NBA competent game, so everyone needs to suck it up and watch Winslow make some bone head plays on offense from time to time this season

So we should ride out his rookie contract and then give him what I assume will be a big contract before we even know if he will develop an offensive game? I don't want that, but I just don't know if Winslow will ever become a star on the offensive side of the ball. I don't worry about his D, but he takes bad shots and does a lot of plays I am sure Spo does not approve of.

Mr. Baller
11-02-2016, 10:04 AM
The optimist would say, we're undefeated in November. lol

The optimist would say we very well could be 4-0 and that we have been in every single game that we played.

hotdalton18
11-02-2016, 10:39 AM
We could be 4-0 for sure

Game 2 we got bored and took the foot off the gas and vs the Spurs we win if 1 Whiteside doesn't cramp and 2 spo doesn't put that bum Waiters on Leonard

hotdalton18
11-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Tyler Johnson is the ****ing man btw whoever wants to trade him is crazy...his main issue is not attempting enough shots...spo needs to get a section of the playbook to him

Perfect guy to run the 2nd unit

And I'm surprised we won with how just decent Whiteside was and awful Winslow was

Good Tyler , Dragic and Waiters(surpassing) came through

Slug3
11-02-2016, 11:58 AM
The optimist would say we very well could be 4-0 and that we have been in every single game that we played.

We could also be 1-3 if they called the foul on Whiteside instead of Cousins last night at the end there (not saying it should have been a foul on Whitesdie), just saying it could have been and that could havre changed a lot of things. The good thing though is we Let our first home game get away from us and we played SA good so there is still good hope for us I believe.

All-In
11-02-2016, 05:20 PM
So we should ride out his rookie contract and then give him what I assume will be a big contract before we even know if he will develop an offensive game? I don't want that, but I just don't know if Winslow will ever become a star on the offensive side of the ball. I don't worry about his D, but he takes bad shots and does a lot of plays I am sure Spo does not approve of.

The league is pretty thin when it comes to multi-positional wing players, they are the most coveted players in the league because rarely do you get a chance to get one, a guy like Solomon Hill got $12 million a year as a result and he isn't even that good......if you're even asking yourself if we should give big money to Winslow thats crazy to me, how would we replace him? I can see Winslow becoming a Ron Artest type of player in 3-4 more years of development......at worst he becomes Tony Allen

Winslows individual offensive game needs a lot of work but how are we as a team when hes on the court? For guys who have played over 100 minutes, hes second on the team when it comes to offensive rating (105.4) and first when it comes to assist percentage (62.3%) both marks would rank top 10 in comparison with the league, so its not all gloom and doom is what Im getting at

In this league you risk big money on wing players like Winslow because the alternative is Solomon Hill

king james
11-02-2016, 09:48 PM
We are only 4 games in to his 2nd season and his 1st year starting and some of u guys are acting like Winslow won't improve. Smh. Give me a break and please get off the edge of the cliff please.

beasted86
11-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Winslow is good to me. I'm fine with his progress. He's still improving.

Johnson has been a good surprise but I'm still not very confident in keeping him at $20M. But I'm pleased he hasn't injured himself yet and has been very solid.

I'm just anxious to see Richardson back out there. Wondering if it might do him good to see a couple games in the D-League like last year to get some rhythm rather than throwing him straight into the rotation after just a couple practice sessions.

archdevil84
11-03-2016, 02:49 PM
so far ive been spot on with my predictions about TJ being a great player and waiters being thrash

hotdalton18
11-03-2016, 04:51 PM
We are only 4 games in to his 2nd season and his 1st year starting and some of u guys are acting like Winslow won't improve. Smh. Give me a break and please get off the edge of the cliff please.

Yeah, it's def not time to give up yet lol

Slug3
11-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Didn't get to watch so anyone got a breakdown of the game? Below 90 points usually is not a great sign of the offense. I see Winslow is still shooing great.

archdevil84
11-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Didn't get to watch so anyone got a breakdown of the game? Below 90 points usually is not a great sign of the offense. I see Winslow is still shooing great.

and so is waiters

Slug3
11-05-2016, 02:13 PM
and so is waiters

I think we all kind of knew Waiters would have peaks and valleys.

archdevil84
11-06-2016, 09:12 AM
I think we all kind of knew Waiters would have peaks and valleys.

the question is if everyone actually knew his valleys would be a lot bigger and more consistent then his peaks

beasted86
11-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Both Winslow and Waiters suffer from the same problem. Inconsistent outside shooting and lack of IQ when attacking the basket.

Both of them try to be aggressive driving in the lane, which is usually a good thing versus settling for a jumper... but they attack in an uncontrolled manner and this usually results in a poor shot attempt near the basket rather than an actual higher percentage shot.

Instead of reacting and changing what they want to do offensively based on what the defense is giving them they kind of just put their head down and take it to the rim. They are both very strong for their position, so this might help in bouldering their way inside... but also both slightly undersized and neither are elite athletes and this leads to low percentage looks and offensive fouls especially against taller or good defensive opponents.

I'm hoping they can get coached out of that. It seems like something that should be easy to catch in the video seasons and worked on in practice.

Dade County
11-06-2016, 12:11 PM
I told myself that I will judge Winslow in yr 3 of him being in the leauge.

Miami was projected to pick Booker or Stanley Johnson. But Winslow fell to them & either way Stanley was selected by Pistons.

Booker is balling on one side of the ball, but damnit he is making it look easy...https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=6IyxqWN0-r4

We all love Winslow, I will leave it at that.

AllBall
11-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Just be glad we didn't pick up Frank Kaminsky, lol :laugh2:

Slug3
11-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Just be glad we didn't pick up Frank Kaminsky, lol :laugh2:

Were we even linked to him in anyway? I think I would feel better about Winslow if he would settle down and stop trying to force his shot or force himself to make plays. I get he wants to try and be the face or one of the faces of the Franchise, but he has to just go with the flow of the game instead of forcing everything and it turns out bad. If he took 2 shots a night but made better passes or even the hockey assist I would be happy with that instead of throwing up 20 shots a night and making 5 of those.

hotdalton18
11-07-2016, 08:15 PM
If Booker wasn't such an animal on offense....two 39 point games in a weak and some really clutch shots...I wouldn't be looking at Winslow so hard

Winslow still has all the potential in the world...he just has to find a jumper

hotdalton18
11-07-2016, 08:16 PM
If spo has brains he'll put Winslow on Westbrook tonight

Dragic/Waiters don't stand a chance covering him

SteBO
11-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Our defense blows today.....

lavilevi23
11-07-2016, 10:02 PM
This team is horrible

flashelement
11-07-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm so frustrated with Winslow. But... after he shot that horrible airball in the second quarter I actually felt sorry for him. He's not trying to miss on purpose. I'm sure he wants to crawl inside a hole when he misses that badly. The frozen sad/shocked look on his face said it all.

Slug3
11-07-2016, 10:36 PM
I see Winslow and Waiters are continuing their hot shooting.

2-15's4-22's
11-07-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm so frustrated with Winslow. But... after he shot that horrible airball in the second quarter I actually felt sorry for him. He's not trying to miss on purpose. I'm sure he wants to crawl inside a hole when he misses that badly. The frozen sad/shocked look on his face said it all.

I just can't understand why it's so hard for NBA players to shoot 3 point shots and jumpers

flashelement
11-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Doesn't matter if waiters has a good game. He has no future with this team. Josh is the future.

lavilevi23
11-07-2016, 10:48 PM
What a pathetic performance

flashelement
11-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Let's be honest. Winslow is not a starter on a good team. Maybe the 6th or 7th man off the bench, not expected to score. Too much pressure on his skill set right now.

Slug3
11-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Let's be honest. Winslow is not a starter on a good team. Maybe the 6th or 7th man off the bench, not expected to score. Too much pressure on his skill set right now.

I'm sticking with he will never be a star in this league. I don't think he will ever average 20 points a game either for a season. I do think he could be a good journeymen in the NBA for championship teams with his D. If he can figure out how to hit open 3s he will be a Battier type player for them. But he will never be a star in this league.

flashelement
11-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Luv Tyler. He's got a future

flashelement
11-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Oh my god, if Winslow could become battier I'd take that in a heartbeat.

flashelement
11-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Battier, however, was actually a versatile offensive player. He became Mr. 3 and d to be a team player.

AllBall
11-07-2016, 11:14 PM
I know it's against the Thunder, but we looking like hot garbage out there. I'm expecting some lineup changes soon, have to find more consistent and fruitful player combinations.

Slug3
11-07-2016, 11:24 PM
I know it's against the Thunder, but we looking like hot garbage out there. I'm expecting some lineup changes soon, have to find more consistent and fruitful player combinations.

I would do a Winslow for Gay.

AllBall
11-07-2016, 11:36 PM
I would do a Winslow for Gay.

I don't mean a trade. Just moving the rotation around some, especially now that Richardson is back, even though he was a dud as well tonight.

Slug3
11-07-2016, 11:39 PM
I don't mean a trade. Just moving the rotation around some, especially now that Richardson is back, even though he was a dud as well tonight.

It's probabaly going to take a few more games for Richardson to get back into the flow. But really nobody played great today except maybe TJ. Dragic and Whiteside can't have game like today if we expect to compete.

lavilevi23
11-07-2016, 11:59 PM
Whiteside is so disappointing the past 2 games

AllBall
11-08-2016, 01:28 PM

Bracing myself for a 10 game losing streak. :facepalm:

Slug3
11-08-2016, 02:42 PM

If this is the season we are going down then I am pretty upset with Riley with letting Wade go. If we are tanking to be and play like crap then you shouldn't have strained that relationship in the process.

king james
11-08-2016, 07:17 PM

If this is the season we are going down then I am pretty upset with Riley with letting Wade go. If we are tanking to be and play like crap then you shouldn't have strained that relationship in the process.

Yeah because it was all Riley's fault. Smh

beasted86
11-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Do people realize we own our draft pick this year?

If there was ever a time to tank it's now. I realized as soon as Bosh was out we were tanking.

That doesn't mean Riley is going to have a fire sale. It just means I won't be surprised if he sits on his hands while they lose 10 in a row.

AllBall
11-09-2016, 11:34 AM
And who exactly would we be tanking for? The best draft class already passed.

Slug3
11-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Yeah because it was all Riley's fault. Smh

I don't think I said at all it was all Rileys fault at all. But he played a role in this.

Lets be real here, when Riley steps down are people doing to think of Pat first when discussing our 3 championships or the likes of Wade and even Lebron? Wade was the face of this place and really they went after a pipe dream in KD and left Wade hanging till they were done. Though I do agree on there stance that Wade at 25 million a year was too much for me as well. But really he is playing better than the majority of our team so far this year.

But really what are you and some others going to say when Winslow becomes a bust and we pick someone next year that turns out crappy (lets face it, Riley is not known for drafting good players besides Wade) and we don't get anyone important in Free Agency?

SteBO
11-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Riley deserves a good amount of blame for the Wade departure in my book. LBJ and Bosh are different matters.....but something needs to be said about the franchises' desire for saving $$ during the last couple years of the big three era. It's obvious that the self-interests became misaligned.

And even after doing so, Wade left here for essentially pennies in relative to what the our offer was. They're gonna have to spend soon or else the fanbase is gonna turn on them. I know beasted86 is almost there, and I'm getting close.

Slug3
11-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Riley deserves a good amount of blame for the Wade departure in my book. LBJ and Bosh are different matters.....but something needs to be said about the franchises' desire for saving $$ during the last couple years of the big three era. It's obvious that the self-interests became misaligned.

And even after doing so, Wade left here for essentially pennies in relative to what the our offer was. They're gonna have to spend soon or else the fanbase is gonna turn on them. I know beasted86 is almost there, and I'm getting close.

This pretty much, But lets also not forget Bosh and the affect he had in this. Wanted pretty much the max from us or he was leaving for a decent amount less to Houston. Now that we all know what he is going through we should have let him walk, but nobody could have seen his clot issues coming. But if he didn't demand so much maybe we had that few extra million to stay. Or maybe Wade being felt like he was not a priority would have still left. But we keep penny pinching to save money while we don't even really have future draft picks. If nothing big comes this offseason I feel like the next few years will be painful.

AllBall
11-09-2016, 01:15 PM
I think worrying about the past is pointless. It won't change anything. Everything that needed to be said about that has been said. Rather look to what can be done now and for the future, that's all that matters.

SteBO
11-09-2016, 01:21 PM
^We have a bunch of dudes on one-year deals, a handful of players we're evaluating for keeping beyond next season (Winslow, J-Rich, TJ), and even the guy we signed to top $$ could very well be traded at the deadline if there's long term benefit. Considering we have our own pick for a change, tanking might not be a bad option. I hate said option with the intensity of 1000 suns though. With Wade on board, this isn't a discussion. Riley has only himself to hold accountable for this current product.

Slug3
11-09-2016, 01:27 PM
I think worrying about the past is pointless. It won't change anything. Everything that needed to be said about that has been said. Rather look to what can be done now and for the future, that's all that matters.

Well with limited draft picks we don't have the brightest future.

beasted86
11-09-2016, 10:49 PM

For the best player available.

What are the opposing choices? We aren't winning a championship or attracting a top 10 talent in free agency in the next 2-3 years.

This is not gloom and doom, nor is it a fire sale. I'm not trying to turn Miami into Philly south.

But reality is we don't have players that will attract the very best of free agents, nor do we have the management/coaching/cachet on our side in attracting the best guys via trades or signings.

If I felt the team was one or two (non top 10) pieces away from being a consistent playoff team, that would be different. But once Bosh was done, we just don't have the horses.

Slug3
11-10-2016, 01:46 PM
We are in 13th in the east behind team like the Magic and Nets. I don't think we are worse than them, but we just don't look like a great team at the moment.

hotdalton18
11-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Are you on crack? This is suppose to be the best class since 03

Lonzo Ball - 6'6 PG with great court vision

Josh Jackson - Andrew Wiggins type

Dennis Smith - Damion Lillard type

Harry Giles - Number 1 pick in a lot of drafts but knee injury's

Malik Monk is a crazy Playmaker at SG with super hops

The rest of the Kentucky kids

Markelle fultz -Another 6'5 PG with good athleticism

Jayson Tatum

And there 2 top tier intl prospects this year

Ones a 6'5 PG from France and ones a 6'11 PF from Germany

This is def the year to tank

hotdalton18
11-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Dragic needs to be traded to the team that offers the best pick and some cap relief

I'd do him to the kings for Gay and there 1st round pick

archdevil84
11-10-2016, 06:05 PM
wade coming back tonight. God its painfull to admit that i realy do miss him on our team :(

Slug3
11-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Man I want to see and watch and hear basketball. I don't want to hear about the damn election on the pregame show.

Slug3
11-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Good start. But the 3rd again this year seems to be our weakness.

Slug3
11-10-2016, 09:26 PM
3 days off and we look like we have practiced nothing. Offense looks sloppy. No D. This team just plain sucks.

2-15's4-22's
11-10-2016, 09:34 PM
This game is boring so far

Slug3
11-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Miami is just a bad team. I expected more from Whiteside and for him to carry us. But it seems like if it's not a lob or put back then Spo has no plays for him.

Slug3
11-10-2016, 09:49 PM
How are we leaving one of their best shooters open?

hotdalton18
11-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Miami is just a bad team. I expected more from Whiteside and for him to carry us. But it seems like if it's not a lob or put back then Spo has no plays for him.

Spo has already said he has no plays for him

He's an idiot

Also Whiteside was averaging 20/14 before that terrible last game which is really good

He's a C , even playing great this team won't win games

We have Winslow shooting 3/21 and dragic playing average and Waiters being terrible

We need some serious rebuild

hotdalton18
11-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Wade shoving Winslow was weird

But it got Winslow going

He needs to play mad all the time

Slug3
11-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Spo has already said he has no plays for him

He's an idiot

Also Whiteside was averaging 20/14 before that terrible last game which is really good

He's a C , even playing great this team won't win games

We have Winslow shooting 3/21 and dragic playing average and Waiters being terrible

We need some serious rebuild

All the great centers Pat has coached in his career and he can't even teach Spo how to run plays for them.

Slug3
11-10-2016, 10:04 PM
I'm ready to let Dragic go. I'll take a pick or 2 for him.

hotdalton18
11-10-2016, 10:06 PM
I'm ready to let Dragic go. I'll take a pick or 2 for him.

Yesssss

hotdalton18
11-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Winslow 3/3 from 3....such a refreshing thing to see

Slug3
11-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Winslow 3/3 from 3....such a refreshing thing to see

When Wade pushed him earlier he transferred his 3 point shooting over to him.

lavilevi23
11-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Are these refs serious

Slug3
11-10-2016, 11:08 PM
We are 28th out of 30 teams in shooting %. I think it's time to make some kind of change Spo.

Slug3
11-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Boy do we suck. I mean Whiteside gets 20 off of just lobs and put backs. Could you imagine if he had a coach that would give him plays?

Slug3
11-10-2016, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry but if Spo didn't have Wade then lebron he wouldn't be a head coach anymore.

lavilevi23
11-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Im now fully convinced we are a lottery team for sure

Slug3
11-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Im now fully convinced we are a lottery team for sure

Yeah man we just suck.

Mr. Baller
11-10-2016, 11:48 PM
That might have been the worst 20-20 game I've ever seen. And not sure how you can blame a coach when you have nobody who can create a shot in close games. Team plays hard. Winslow, Richardson, and Tyler look good. Really all that matters

Slug3
11-10-2016, 11:55 PM
That might have been the worst 20-20 game I've ever seen. And not sure how you can blame a coach when you have nobody who can create a shot in close games. Team plays hard. Winslow, Richardson, and Tyler look good. Really all that matters

I mean you are pretty much saying is Spo doesn't have a HOF player then it's not his fault he can't coach. We are garbage and he is part of the problem. He doesn't have an identity on offense.

Mr. Baller
11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
I mean you are pretty much saying is Spo doesn't have a HOF player then it's not his fault he can't coach. We are garbage and he is part of the problem. He doesn't have an identity on offense.

Don't know any coach who can succeed without somebody who you can tell to get a bucket when the offense gets tight down the stretch.

And we absolutely do have an identity, don't listen to Charles Barkley. We've been an attack first offense, we lead the league in shots taken at the rim. Unfortunately, we are right now worst in the league at the rim. Have to think a positive regression is coming, I can't imagine a team shooting 42% at the rim all year long.

Slug3
11-11-2016, 12:03 AM
Don't know any coach who can succeed without somebody who you can tell to get a bucket when the offense gets tight down the stretch.

And we absolutely do have an identity, don't listen to Charles Barkley. We've been an attack first offense, we lead the league in shots taken at the rim. Unfortunately, we are right now worst in the league at the rim. Have to think a positive regression is coming, I can't imagine a team shooting 42% at the rim all year long.

Actually according to this we are 51% by the rim. But that still makes us last in the league. Maybe we will get better. But there is still the chance we won't as well. At this time we are jut not a good team. Spo doesn't have anyone to create a shot for themselves or the team for the first time in his career. So he had to coach them and just run plays instead of letting Wade close out games. I mean he set up Winslow for a 3 down the stretch. That's just not a good play.

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/shooting/?sort=Less%20Than%205%20ft.%20FG%20PCT&dir=1

beasted86
11-11-2016, 12:33 AM
We don't have anyone who can create shots in the half court.

Not sure what some people want.

There's no amount of Xs and Os that would make this roster a playoff team. I just want to see the guys develop good habits and play with effort. They are doing that so far.

We just don't have the shot makers and closers to carry us in the 4th.

hotdalton18
11-11-2016, 01:52 AM

Worst 20/20 game? Shut up lmao

You always complain about Whiteside no matter what he does while defending a coach who can't do **** without superstars

AllBall
11-11-2016, 02:09 AM
We are 28th out of 30 teams in shooting %. I think it's time to make some kind of change Spo.

Nah bro, clearly Butler was the issue and no lineup change is needed. Trust the Spocess. :facepalm:

beasted86
11-11-2016, 06:58 AM
I don't want the team to be bad enough to win the 10th seed.

I am not being too critical of Spo because I see where tweaks could be made to improve us.... Waiters not playing, D. Will getting minutes to add another attacker and finisher, reworking the rotation so that there's not a lull with both Dragić and Whiteside out for long periods...

But at the end of the day those things only improve us so much. They will get us closer to .500, but not over it. For once in a very long time I'm okay with the losing to get a very high pick as long as the team plays hard and doesn't develop terrible habits of a "losing culture"

Slug3
11-11-2016, 09:18 AM
We don't have anyone who can create shots in the half court.

Not sure what some people want.

There's no amount of Xs and Os that would make this roster a playoff team. I just want to see the guys develop good habits and play with effort. They are doing that so far.

We just don't have the shot makers and closers to carry us in the 4th.

I can't believe some people are like "oh well, what's Spo to do when he has nobody who can create shots". I mean I get we suck, but Spos job is to not let us suck this bad. Stop giving him a free damn pass.

AllBall
11-11-2016, 10:05 AM
I can't believe some people are like "oh well, what's Spo to do when he has nobody who can create shots". I mean I get we suck, but Spos job is to not let us suck this bad. Stop giving him a free damn pass.

This. If they were getting blown the f out every night, and they are never in the game, ok, but that is not the case and it's been single digit losses. This means it's a combination of effort and rotation.

Slug3
11-11-2016, 10:30 AM
This. If they were getting blown the f out every night, and they are never in the game, ok, but that is not the case and it's been single digit losses. This means it's a combination of effort and rotation.

To me Dragic and TJ seem like guys who can "get their own shots and create things". Not to mention if we give the ball to Whiteside down low he can get his own shot. It seems like we are running the same offense last year just without Wade and we are now chucking up a lot of 3s.

Holydiver
11-11-2016, 11:47 AM
I still don't like Wade on the Bulls. He belongs in Miami.

Slug3
11-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I still don't like Wade on the Bulls. He belongs in Miami.

I can see a scenario where Miami doesn't get anyone big this offseason and Miami resigns Wade to like a 2 year 50 million deal.

AllBall
11-11-2016, 02:00 PM
I can see a scenario where Miami doesn't get anyone big this offseason and Miami resigns Wade to like a 2 year 50 million deal.

Crazier things have happened, but I think it's highly unlikely. Both parties have moved on. Maybe there will be a symbolic 1-day signing at the end of his career, but I don't expect much more than that.

beasted86
11-11-2016, 07:55 PM
To me Dragic and TJ seem like guys who can "get their own shots and create things". Not to mention if we give the ball to Whiteside down low he can get his own shot. It seems like we are running the same offense last year just without Wade and we are now chucking up a lot of 3s.

Dragić, TJ and Whiteside can create their own shot? News to me.

Can you name any other team in the NBA that they would be classified as a number 1 option in that other team's offense?

I can't think of one good or even average team that fits

naps
11-12-2016, 07:32 AM
Well it didn't take too long for many here to come to reality that we are a lottery team, did it? I remember I was being attacked on this forum in the offseason when I kept on saying we should be focusing on getting a very high lottery pick while giving all the exposure to our young core Whiteside, Winslow, TJ, and Josh so that they can develop through mistakes instead of giving minutes to cancer waiters and all the bums we signed during the offseason. My point was clear. If we cant be a strong playoff team then we shouldn't be stuck in the middle of the conference. We dont have to lose games like the sixers did. Just give minutes to these young guys and tell them to pull you a win at any cost. They will not win enough games to get us stuck in the middle, this league is way too competitive. I dont want Waiters of the world eat up minutes and go off once in every 10 games and get us a pointless win. I rather let TJ, Richardson, and Winslow to learn how to take big shots in big moments. They will fail probably 90% of the time but so what? This experience and experiment will be an extrememly valuable component toward building their inner psyche.

beasted86
11-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Well it didn't take too long for many here to come to reality that we are a lottery team, did it? I remember I was being attacked on this forum in the offseason when I kept on saying we should be focusing on getting a very high lottery pick while giving all the exposure to our young core Whiteside, Winslow, TJ, and Josh so that they can develop through mistakes instead of giving minutes to cancer waiters and all the bums we signed during the offseason. My point was clear. If we cant be a strong playoff team then we shouldn't be stuck in the middle of the conference. We dont have to lose games like the sixers did. Just give minutes to these young guys and tell them to pull you a win at any cost. They will not win enough games to get us stuck in the middle, this league is way too competitive. I dont want Waiters of the world eat up minutes and go off once in every 10 games and get us a pointless win. I rather let TJ, Richardson, and Winslow to learn how to take big shots in big moments. They will fail probably 90% of the time but so what? This experience and experiment will be an extrememly valuable component toward building their inner psyche.

I personally expected more from Waiters seeing him in shape. He has more natural scoring and play making than any of the other 2s on our team. His IQ is just that bad though on what it a good shot and how to create contact to get to the FT line, his consistency is also horrible. I also didn't expect Bosh to be out to start the season. I think I was the only one fooled that Bosh would do everything possible so that Miami had zero choice but to clear him to play again.

With Bosh healthy, I think we finish .500 easy barring a major outage between him, Whiteside, Dragić and Winslow.

AllBall
11-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Well it didn't take too long for many here to come to reality that we are a lottery team, did it?

The frustration is with the coaching. I bet Luke Walton could do a better job. Lottery teams get blown out on a nightly basis, that isn't what's happening. If you want to actually DEVELOP your players, there's a way to do that and the Spoccess isn't how you do it. If the team's plan is to tank, then stop lying to the fan base. The problem is that once you develop a culture of losing, it's twice as hard to come back from that. That's the difference between the perennial bottom feeders and teams who contend and stay mid pack for a few years during transitions.

Mr. Baller
11-12-2016, 10:06 PM
What a block by Hassan!

Oh and Derrick Williams contributing, who would've ever guessed?

flashelement
11-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Derrick is a player, so is mcgruder.

flashelement
11-12-2016, 11:08 PM
We're a big time lottery team. I don't expect waiters or dragic to finish the season in a heat uni.

flashelement
11-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Wow Winslow is guarding Hayward. So overrated defensively.

flashelement
11-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Gimme a guy who "sucks defensively" but outscores the guy he's guarding.

flashelement
11-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Booker anyone? Sorry, couldn't help myself. Booker wI'll probably end up in Miami after his rookie contract anyway.

flashelement
11-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Trump Voice, " the heat' a disaster, total disaster. Such a low energy team. Low energy.

flashelement
11-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Trump Voice, "Okay? Okay."

naps
11-13-2016, 01:44 AM
I gave up complaining about Spo. He is just not a head coach in my eyes. He would make a terrific defensive assistant ala Thib in Boston to Doc Rivers. The fact is Spo ain't going anywhere as long as Riley is running the show here. So we might as well just suck it up for the next 3/4 years. As for the results, this roster we have now just sucks. I am not frustrated at all because this is exactly what I expected before the season. I saw some here with really high expectations but it is what it is. We all see things differently.

Dade County
11-13-2016, 01:53 AM
This is how Pat tanks lol

Not really putting crap out there but not constructing a good enough team either lol

I always said, a top 3 pick or a top 4 seed; no in between.

AllBall
11-13-2016, 02:44 AM
Damn, hate that my 10 game losing streak prediction is holding true.

Welcome to bottom 5 in the league standings.

On pace to be the '15-'16 Lakers.

Spo goes to extremes. From no rotation change to one every 2 minutes. No finesse for the game.

Dragic is the only true starter.

December can't get here soon enough.

Everyone is tradeable as far as I'm concerned, UD gets the lifer pass.

Ira says Riley was scouting Hayward, soon to be a FA.

I'll be back when this team wins 2 in a row.

All-In
11-13-2016, 03:26 AM

Realistically I can make an argument that we've beaten the teams that we should've beat and lost to the teams that we should've lost to so far with this schedule, so I'm not ready after only 8 games to call us a full blown bottom 5 team just yet, the schedule has been fairly hard, we've only played a team .500 or worse twice which we beat both times while the other 6 teams are all top 5 conference teams so far, that type of stuff evens out, our current point differential and defensive rating dictates that we're more of a 10-20 team and not a bottom 5 team, its not like we're losing these games to tough teams by 20 points over and over, we've overall have been pretty competitive enough to keep most games within 10 points

Spo hasn't done a good job managing rotations in my opinion too, Ill agree with you on Spo, I've been really upset over the style of play on offense and really wished we played more uptempo, we're still a bottom 7 team when it comes to pace but our defense has been solid and thats a sign of effort, so everything isn't as atrocious as it may appear

Now if Dragic misses an extended period of time than being a bottom 5 team is an obvious decision, but if he comes back next game and we get back Ellington than I still think we can be a competitively viable team

hotdalton18
11-13-2016, 04:32 AM
Damn, hate that my 10 game losing streak prediction is holding true.

Welcome to bottom 5 in the league standings.

On pace to be the '15-'16 Lakers.

Spo goes to extremes. From no rotation change to one every 2 minutes. No finesse for the game.

Dragic is the only true starter.

December can't get here soon enough.

Everyone is tradeable as far as I'm concerned, UD gets the lifer pass.

Ira says Riley was scouting Hayward, soon to be a FA.

I'll be back when this team wins 2 in a row.

Dragic is a bum

And everyone aside from Whiteside is tradable

I'd say Winslow to but if you get a good enough deal you think about pulling the trigger

hotdalton18
11-13-2016, 04:32 AM
We literally might be picking top 3 this year lol

Slug3
11-13-2016, 11:22 AM
Should have kept Wade if this is the crap we are putting out. F you Riley, we could at least got to still watch Wade help us suck.

archdevil84
11-13-2016, 11:44 AM
i cant imagine wade leaving the team making this big of a difference. i honestly expected us to be better. I stil think a core of TJ, Jrich, Whiteside and winslow can develop into a great lineup. We just have to give them time and let them play a lot of minutes. As mentioned above, dont give meaningfull time to crap like waiters and scrubs who are gonna have a good game every 1 in 10 and then suck the rest of the way. Imo we should be giving those young guys 35+ minutes a game (depending on health status ofcourse).

AllBall
11-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Dragic is a bum

I'd say Winslow to but if you get a good enough deal you think about pulling the trigger

Opposing centers consistently embarrass Whiteside. Have yet to see him impose himself on a game now that he's been given the keys or will us to a victory.

Whiteside reminds me of this movie scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feeIOZH7wr4

He's a bear, and only pats the bunny. Doesn't know WTF to do.

Unless we win the next 2 games, all options are on the table and no one is safe come December.

beasted86
11-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Opposing centers consistently embarrass Whiteside. Have yet to see him impose himself on a game now that he's been given the keys or will us to a victory.

Unless we win the next 2 games, all options are on the table and no one is safe come December.

Not sure on your sudden change in prediction. We have an open thread where you said without Bosh we maybe win 35 games. But now it sounds like you're expecting more from this team.

Without a legit go to guy on offense this teams offense certainly and expectedly sucks. Nobody should be shocked by the result given the schedule so far and early season injuries.

AllBall
11-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Not sure on your sudden change in prediction. We have an open thread where you said without Bosh we maybe win 35 games. But now it sounds like you're expecting more from this team.

Without a legit go to guy on offense this teams offense certainly and expectedly sucks. Nobody should be shocked by the result given the schedule so far and early season injuries.

That's not a change. Unless we win the next 2 games we won't be on pace for 35 wins. Without Bosh and everyone else healthy that's attainable. Having Richardson out and now Dragic confirmed out for tomorrow doesn't count as healthy and doesn't help that projection.

beasted86
11-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Truth is, either way, I don't want the team to win 35 games because it does nothing for us.

We certainly won't make the playoffs and no top level free agent ever said 'your team wasn't good enough to make the playoffs, but at least you were 10th instead of 15th'.

League is trending that either you're a player in free agency by proving you're a playoff team a few pieces away, or you're a player in the draft by sucking and losing a gang of games.

I don't mind the losing as long as the effort and defensive and offensive discipline stays. Once you lose a hold of that you lose everything. Right now the team is not losing because they are not disciplined or have poor effort. They are losing based on inexperience and lack of talent. They are usually competitive throughout most the game. I'll take that.

beasted86
11-13-2016, 11:05 PM
You just don't want the losing to become catastrophic to morale, that's all.

Hopefully the team wins enough between the losing where they don't go weeks chasing a win making it seem like their effort is wasted. You also want to see improvement over the season resulting in wins or closer losses down to the last shots.

AllBall
11-14-2016, 12:42 AM
We certainly won't make the playoffs and no top level free agent ever said 'your team wasn't good enough to make the playoffs, but at least you were 10th instead of 15th'.

Money talks. See Lakers. I would say our best bet is one like the Celtics and I don't mean those hordes of draft picks that didn't do anything for Ainge. I mean stay mid tier, draft and develop. I still don't know what top level free agent is possibly going to be available in the next 4 years that would push us into contention. Everyone is locked up for years now, might as well develop.

hotdalton18
11-14-2016, 12:50 AM
Dragic is a bum

Your right man, he's not imposing himself at all

Averaging 18/15 is easy stuff to do

Games like 20/20 , 21/15 and 15/14 is just him being terrible

Your realize Anthony Davis is a top 5 player in the league and his team always ends with a terrible record

Demarcus Cousins is to most the best C in the league and always has a bad team

Just cause Hassan got paid doesn't mean we're gonna be winning lol

We gotta get players around him

This year is all about Whieside learning how to be a main man and Winslow growing....and not shooting 30% smh!

beasted86
11-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Money talks. See Lakers. I would say our best bet is one like the Celtics and I don't mean those hordes of draft picks that didn't do anything for Ainge. I mean stay mid tier, draft and develop. I still don't know what top level free agent is possibly going to be available in the next 4 years that would push us into contention. Everyone is locked up for years now, might as well develop.
The Lakers certainly didn't get any top level free agents last summer. They overpaid for a low level center and mid level role player wing.

Miami should use the next 2 years to try and get 2 top draft prospects before they are forced into a contract decision on Winslow.

AllBall
11-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Your right man, he's not imposing himself at all

Averaging 18/15 is easy stuff to do

Games like 20/20 , 21/15 and 15/14 is just him being terrible

Your realize Anthony Davis is a top 5 player in the league and his team always ends with a terrible record

Demarcus Cousins is to most the best C in the league and always has a bad team

Just cause Hassan got paid doesn't mean we're gonna be winning lol

We gotta get players around him

This year is all about Whieside learning how to be a main man and Winslow growing....and not shooting 30% smh!

Are we watching the same NBA? NOLA went against Golden State in the playoffs and AD went HAM. Then their team was decimated with injuries the following season. Whiteside can sleep walk into those numbers, if he tried his numbers would be even greater. It's the same reason Dwight Howard always upset me, with all that size he is always out there like a creampuff. More than Wade I miss Zo and centers that played like their heart out like Brian Grant.

naps
11-14-2016, 10:45 AM
I still think we can be a competitively viable team

Not in this universe, unless you mean being a 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th seed is a competitive team. I rather us either be a deep playoff team (like a piece away from being a true contender), or being bad enough to go grab a top pick for a year or two while developing these kids instead of giving others man's trash (some posters were expecting waiters as the second coming of Wade here and he would get us near a home court team) any worthy time on the court. In other words Atlanta Hawks is the last thing I want us to be, ever.

Slug3
11-14-2016, 06:22 PM
I know everyone is talking about taming and getting a good draft pick and all that. But Riley is not good at drafting period. Wade is really the only player Pat has drafted that became a HOF player. I don't think anyone else has. Caron Butler was a solid player, Richardson and Winslow might become decent players as well (I personally don't think so of Winslow). But other than those we don't have any other players that are worth really mentioning.

Beasley
Simien
Wright
Tim James
Charles Smith

then a bunch of crappy 2nd rounders or people we swapped rights with. I am sorry but Pat is not going to build a team through the draft. He never has and never will. If he can't get it done via trade or free agents then its not getting done. I mean he is getting old now as well and I am sure he's getting to the time where he might retire.

hotdalton18
11-14-2016, 06:31 PM
I know everyone is talking about taming and getting a good draft pick and all that. But Riley is not good at drafting period. Wade is really the only player Pat has drafted that became a HOF player. I don't think anyone else has. Caron Butler was a solid player, Richardson and Winslow might become decent players as well (I personally don't think so of Winslow). But other than those we don't have any other players that are worth really mentioning.

Beasley
Simien
Wright
Tim James
Charles Smith

then a bunch of crappy 2nd rounders or people we swapped rights with. I am sorry but Pat is not going to build a team through the draft. He never has and never will. If he can't get it done via trade or free agents then its not getting done. I mean he is getting old now as well and I am sure he's getting to the time where he might retire.

He is a terrible drafter

But it's gonna be hard to miss in this draft

beasted86
11-14-2016, 08:03 PM
First thing is Miami isn't tanking. We just don't have talent. Tanking is purposely losing by trading away your starters or benching them and fielding guys from the D League like Philly has done the past several years or like we did in the end of 07.

But regardless of what you want to call it. I've asked before what is the alternative for the quickest turnaround? If you guys feel we're going to be players in this summer's free agency just because we have money and South Beach, and win 35 games instead of 25 I simply don't agree. I don't see any top level guys forcing a trade to Miami either. So the final thing is if you truly believe in some weird opinion that everything is all on Spo and some coach is going to X and O us to a top 4 seed then I don't agree with that either.

For me these 3 alternatives vs letting them lose and adding talent via the draft, I'm taking the draft route.

beasted86
11-14-2016, 08:10 PM
Are we watching the same NBA? NOLA went against Golden State in the playoffs and AD went HAM. Then their team was decimated with injuries the following season. Whiteside can sleep walk into those numbers, if he tried his numbers would be even greater. It's the same reason Dwight Howard always upset me, with all that size he is always out there like a creampuff. More than Wade I miss Zo and centers that played like their heart out like Brian Grant.

I honestly think for some of you guys, short of turning water to wine, you won't ever be satisfied with Whiteside.

I've been critical of him, but so far this season he's been fine and is earning his money. The problem is not him. The team around him are bad. He's the only guy on the team that draws double teams. The guys spreading the floor for him haven't been consistent. I can probably count one hand the amount of easy finish lob passes he's gotten this year.

Slug3
11-14-2016, 10:15 PM
First thing is Miami isn't tanking. We just don't have talent. Tanking is purposely losing by trading away your starters or benching them and fielding guys from the D League like Philly has done the past several years or like we did in the end of 07.

But regardless of what you want to call it. I've asked before what is the alternative for the quickest turnaround? If you guys feel we're going to be players in this summer's free agency just because we have money and South Beach, and win 35 games instead of 25 I simply don't agree. I don't see any top level guys forcing a trade to Miami either. So the final thing is if you truly believe in some weird opinion that everything is all on Spo and some coach is going to X and O us to a top 4 seed then I don't agree with that either.

For me these 3 alternatives vs letting them lose and adding talent via the draft, I'm taking the draft route.

Trade Winslow and whoever we pick in the draft for someone. Maybe get lucky with a top free agent. That's all we can hope for.

Slug3
11-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Glad to see Winslow has his hot shooting touch still

lavilevi23
11-14-2016, 11:30 PM
Yeah hard to imagine Winslow will ever be a good player on offense right now

All-In
11-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Not in this universe, unless you mean being a 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th seed is a competitive team. I rather us either be a deep playoff team (like a piece away from being a true contender), or being bad enough to go grab a top pick for a year or two while developing these kids instead of giving others man's trash (some posters were expecting waiters as the second coming of Wade here and he would get us near a home court team) any worthy time on the court. In other words Atlanta Hawks is the last thing I want us to be, ever.

I dont think we'll end up being a bottom 5 team....competitively viable means showing effort, discipline and improvement within our young core, I've been saying that for a while now, I dont think we'll end up being bottom 5 bad because of our point differential and defense, being competitively viable and getting a pick 6-16 aren't mutually exclusive terms, all the games we've lost this year was due to lack of talent and not because we weren't competitive, we've only played two teams that were .500 or worse and beat them both, thats a trend I think we should all root for....Typically teams that get 1-5 picks just aren't competitive at all, no discipline, no effort and get blown out on a regular basis, and I dont think we're that

It sounds like you want us to get a top 5 pick for the next 3 years and just like that were good again......Its not that simple

beasted86
11-15-2016, 12:49 AM
Yeah this team is short on talent, but we're not bottom 5 bad unless Whiteside misses a bunch of games.

Pat/Spo will probably need to tank the final 12 games or so by resting guys.

Dade County
11-15-2016, 03:31 AM

Beasley
Simien
Wright
Tim James
Charles Smith

I still want a top 3 pick. Just so acouple of momths after that we trade that player.

Miami has to spend in free agency, because of Bosh. As soon as Nosh plays 25 gamed his money is back on the HEAT camp.

So heres to hoping, Miami can pull off a trade & sign a star player along with a good player.

hotdalton18
11-15-2016, 03:42 AM

Trade Winslow and whoever we pick in the draft for someone. Maybe get lucky with a top free agent. That's all we can hope for.

No

Trade dragic for a top 10 pick and build through the draft

Slug3
11-15-2016, 10:11 AM
No

Dragic is not worth a top 10 pick.

Did you see my post above. Riley is not good at building through the draft. Its not going to happen that way.

hotdalton18
11-15-2016, 05:06 PM
No

Dragic is not worth a top 10 pick.

Did you see my post above. Riley is not good at building through the draft. Its not going to happen that way.

Reports today are that Dragic is on the trade block and that pat is looking for a pick

Slug3
11-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Reports today are that Dragic is on the trade block and that pat is looking for a pick

I am not saying that is true, I just don't think any team that might finish in the top 10 will trade a draft pick for him. Maybe the Nets? But as it is we are going to finish in the top 10 as well cause we are pretty crappy. Even if we had 2 picks in the top 10 we would probably pick the 2 busts.

Slug3
11-15-2016, 10:25 PM
I am actually amazed at how bad this team is as a whole at shooting. I mean the whole team just together sucks.

Slug3
11-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Waiters was the perfect signing to act like we are trying but low key we are tanking. Dude can shoot you out of any game.

Mr. Baller
11-15-2016, 11:08 PM
Our defense will keep us in 95% of games. This late game experience is great for Josh, Tyler, Justise and Hassan. Only gonna make us better in the future.

Slug3
11-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Our defense will keep us in 95% of games. This late game experience is great for Josh, Tyler, Justise and Hassan. Only gonna make us better in the future.

Wade and his 4th quarters won us a ton of games.

hotdalton18
11-15-2016, 11:41 PM

I am not saying that is true, I just don't think any team that might finish in the top 10 will trade a draft pick for him. Maybe the Nets? But as it is we are going to finish in the top 10 as well cause we are pretty crappy. Even if we had 2 picks in the top 10 we would probably pick the 2 busts.

Boston has the nets pick lol

Teams to look out for apparently are 76ers , Timberwolves , Rockets and a couple other teams i forgot

hotdalton18
11-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Gotta feel bad for Whiteside and TJ

The only 2 players who have been good this season

Richardson gets a pass cause of injury and had a good game tonight so maybe he's coming into his own

But Geez lol

beasted86
11-15-2016, 11:57 PM

Richardson gets a pass cause of injury and had a good game tonight so maybe he's coming into his own

But Geez lol

Tyler Johnson averages 13/5/3 in 30 mins on 47%/43% and is a good player having a good season

Goran Dragić averages 16/4/6 in 31 mins on 45%/48% and is a "total bum" (your exact words)

Can you explain the cartoon character logic that led you to that idea?

AllBall
11-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Waiters was the perfect signing to act like we are trying but low key we are tanking. Dude can shoot you out of any game.

That stealth tank lol :laugh2:

naps
11-16-2016, 12:56 AM
It sounds like you want us to get a top 5 pick for the next 3 years and just like that were good again......Its not that simple

Where did you get that from? Which part of my post did you not understand, or which part of it offended you should I say? My theory is simple, fair, right, and pristine. Read again before giving effort on putting words in someone's mouth.

Edit: IIRC, you are one of those who attacked me because of my opinion and were amped up about making playoffs and being a possible homecourt team. I see where it's coming from now if my memory serves me right.

naps
11-16-2016, 01:01 AM

If this is true then I am all for it. Speeds up our rebuild. Picks are the real building blocks and Riley could do wonders if he had a bunch of picks.

hotdalton18
11-16-2016, 01:03 AM

But Geez lol

Tyler Johnson averages 13/5/3 in 30 mins on 47%/43% and is a good player having a good season

Goran Dragić averages 16/4/6 in 31 mins on 45%/48% and is a "total bum" (your exact words)

Can you explain the cartoon character logic that led you to that idea?

Dragic obviously isn't a bum

But opinions are formed with expectations considered

Dragic is a top paid player expected to be a top player...but he disappears to often and plays bad defense

Tyler is paid to be a good 6th man and that's what he's doing

hotdalton18
11-16-2016, 01:04 AM

If this is true then I am all for it. Speeds up our rebuild. Picks are the real building blocks and Riley could do wonders if he had a bunch of picks.

I'm not so confident that Riley can do wonders with the picks lol but I'm all for it to

Rebuild rebuild rebuild

All-In
11-16-2016, 04:31 AM
Where did you get that from? Which part of my post did you not understand, or which part of it offended you should I say? My theory is simple, fair, right, and pristine. Read again before giving effort on putting words in someone's mouth.

Edit: IIRC, you are one of those who attacked me because of my opinion and were amped up about making playoffs and being a possible homecourt team. I see where it's coming from now if my memory serves me right.

Dude, relax, take a deep breath, I have no hostility towards you so lets just keep calm

"Not in this universe, unless you mean being a 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th seed is a competitive team. I rather us either be a deep playoff team (like a piece away from being a true contender), or being bad enough to go grab a top pick for a year or two while developing these kids instead of giving others man's trash (some posters were expecting waiters as the second coming of Wade here and he would get us near a home court team) any worthy time on the court. In other words Atlanta Hawks is the last thing I want us to be, ever."

That was your post I responded to and you literally said "I rather us either be a deep playoff team (like a piece away from being a true contender), or being bad enough to go grab a top pick for a year or two"

Sorry that I said three years instead of two, my mistake, I shouldn't of misquoted you and for that I apologize

I've also never said were going to be a homecourt team, I've checked my posts and couldn't find anything of the sort, your welcome to search my posts too

Now thats out of the way, lets get back to basketball:

I mean, if we don't get our guys healthy anytime soon, and if we don't start winning any games anytime soon, than getting a top 5 pick makes sense

I just think its too early for that, considering how brutal our schedule has been and injuries to Ellington, JRich, Winslow and Dragic........we so far have a top 7 defensive efficiency, so its just hard to see us not picking up some steam and getting wins as soon as health rebounds and our schedule lightens up

I like a bunch of players in this years draft slotted to go 6-13, so thats why winning games and being in the "middle" isn't that big of a deal this year, to me......I like Josh Jackson and all but I think Jonathan Issac has a chance to be a better pro while Jackson is projected to go top 5 and Issac is projected to go 6-12, same goes for Harry Giles (projected top 5) and Jarrett Allen (projected 10-20)....Like if this was last years draft then heck yes I would be screaming lose as many games as possible, it wasn't a deep draft at all, but this year is a good draft, I don't think its as good as some may think, but overall its still really freakin deep

This is just my opinion, if you disagree thats fine, no hostility

beasted86
11-16-2016, 07:22 AM
Dragic obviously isn't a bum

But opinions are formed with expectations considered

Dragic is a top paid player expected to be a top player...but he disappears to often and plays bad defense

Tyler is paid to be a good 6th man and that's what he's doing
I mean end of the day Tyler is getting over $12M a season.

I wouldn't call what he's contributing exactly a "good season" with that in mind. He's just been ok.

beasted86
11-16-2016, 07:33 AM
I'm of the opinion that the one piece you don't want to rebuild without is a good PG.

A guy who can get the young guys easy shots and take pressure off of them handling the ball too much really helps out a lot. I think in this case, Winslow needs a good PG especially to get him good shots and someone to be a floor general to get him to his spots. Whoever we draft may need the same (obviously unless it's another PG).

Now Dragić isn't ideal for that role exactly, but TJ and Richardson are even less ideal.

I'm one of the few guys who don't want to sell short on Dragić if we don't have to.

Slug3
11-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Well a tough part of our schedule is up. We had a lot of home games and didn't do much with them. But I could easily see us go on like 5 game win streak. Or continue our losing ways. Only good thing is we are not getting blown out. Just can't finish games and thats usually what Wade did for us for years.

Slug3
11-17-2016, 10:55 PM
Waiters tonight givith and next few games he will takith.

All-In
11-18-2016, 12:39 AM
We are now 3-0 against teams who were .500 or worse, a trend that I think everyone should root for, our defense is so good right now, top 3 in the league, if theres one thing Spo does right its defense......this new core has to learn how to win games together without Wade, thats whats most important

Dragic is getting paid $16 million this year, $17 next year, $18 the year after and $19 to finish off that contract, thats a really solid contract for a really good PG, not elite but still really good

There is also the underlying potential with the new CBA that the rookie scale is going to be raised AND when the rookie gets off their contract the cap hold will spike even more when compared with the old CBA agreement, so these future first round picks might not be a valuable as they were under the old CBA.......I really want us to wait until they get the new CBA straighten out before we start selling off the very few assets we have for costly 1st round picks

PS Willie Reed needs to play more

hotdalton18
11-18-2016, 03:37 AM
Way to close in the 4th tonight

beasted86
11-19-2016, 08:55 AM
Waiters tonight givith and next few games he will takith.
I think they are purposely tanking by using Waiters. That's why I'm fine with it, LOL.

I don't want this team fighting for a 9th seed. Miami could pretty easily be 5-6 or 6-5, which is the worst place to be. Our point differential shows were better than the other bottom dwellers along with our defense.

AllBall
11-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Miami Heat Strength of Schedule (source (http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/8/12/12449094/2016-17-nba-schedule-new-orleans-pelicans-national-games-important-dates))

Oct/Nov: .531 (Rank 6th)
Dec: .521 (Rank 10th)
Jan: .482 (Rank 18th)
Feb: .401 (Rank 29th)
Mar: .492 (Rank 20th)
Apr: .561 (Rank 6th)

Team will be tested right off the bat and will start to ease as the months approach the ASG.

Going back to my offseason post, it seems that I was correct in being tested early. So there is a large window to rack up consistent wins.

All-In
11-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Josh Richardson looks to be getting his basketball legs back, and just in time, Im glad hes starting.......starting Williams at PF then subbing in James Johnson and playing Johnson the bulk of the minutes at PF was a good change, I like Babbit's shooting but he isn't athletic and hes a below average defender, Williams is super athletic and can kind of shoot also Johnson has been great at defense and can kind of shoot too...I'd like to package Babbit and McBob for some kind of trade, if possible........if Dragic keeps shooting the way he has AND JRich consistently shoots the way he has, it will open up a lot on offense......the Sixers have been playing better of late too so thats going to be a tougher than expected game

All-In
11-20-2016, 01:10 AM
Hopefully Willie Reeds knee is ok too, who would be our backup Center, McBob or Haslem, haha

beasted86
11-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Hopefully Willie Reeds knee is ok too, who would be our backup Center, McBob or Haslem, haha

No other choice. I expect Reed to be out a couple weeks minimum. Hopefully no tear occurred.

All-In
11-21-2016, 07:38 PM
It looks like we'll be without Winslow, Reed and Ellington tonight.....this game wont be easy and hopefully we come out with a win

Slug3
11-21-2016, 10:26 PM
We lost to the 76ers. I don't care who we are missing or what excuse you give this team. That can't happen. We can't even shoot 40% for the game. This team offensively is garbage. If we didn't have Whiteside I'm pretty sure we would t win 5 games the entire year.

lavilevi23
11-21-2016, 10:57 PM
We're officially one of the worst teams in the NBA

beasted86
11-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Miami is clearly tanking.

In years prior no way a role player like Richardson chucks until he is 1-11.

We have like 2 real starters and about 4 legit NBA rotation guys. This team just doesn't have talent. Everything was built around Wade or Bosh.

All-In
11-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Dragic and JRich went a combined 1-12 from three and Dragic, JRich and TJ went a combined 6 of 31 from the floor, this is the reason why we lost

Bad loss for sure but Im not overreacting, I still think were going to end up getting a pick 6-13......unless of course we get lucky in the lottery and jump into the top 3 which would be best case scenario

After Bosh went down for the season I dont think any one on this site advocated playoffs, I just want us to maintain a positive record vs teams with a .500 record or worse.......Because if we dont, and we're as bad as some of you think, then I hate to break it to some of you guys but this rebuilding process is going to take a lot longer than anyone expects, and getting a couple of high draft picks means diddly squat

AllBall
11-21-2016, 11:37 PM
The tank is officially in.

hotdalton18
11-22-2016, 04:58 AM
We lost to the 76ers. I don't care who we are missing or what excuse you give this team. That can't happen. We can't even shoot 40% for the game. This team offensively is garbage. If we didn't have Whiteside I'm pretty sure we would t win 5 games the entire year.

Without Whiteside , I don't see how we'd win 5 games lol

hotdalton18
11-22-2016, 05:03 AM
Trade Dragic for a 1st this year

Start TJ

Let Winslow come back and chunk 20 shots a game

Get 2 first round talents and just build from there

Get like Lonzo Ball and Malik Monk

Maybe pat can convince 2 of the bigger fish in FA to come here like Gordan Hayward and Ibaka

Ball/TJ
Richardson/Monk
Hayward/Winslow
Ibaka/ JJ
Whiteside/ Reed

We're right back in contention

I know this is fantasy land but it's all we have with how this seasons gonna go lmao

beasted86
11-22-2016, 07:54 AM
The thing is we have a decent defensive unit. Were simply lacking go to scorers.

I know it seems ridiculous on paper, to consider this about a team that's the 5th worst record.... But if you swapped for example Dragić for Wall and added Hayward in free agency, I don't think we're 'just a playoff team'. With the defense we have we'd be 2nd in the East in my opinion.

The team is definitely low on talent, but its more offensive talent and closers for the 4th qtr.

Slug3
11-22-2016, 10:38 AM
Honestly at this point I would like Whiteside to take like 30 shots a game. We are not going to make the playoffs and I would at least like to showcase him to try and attract another great player next year. Nobody else on this team is worth anything. Dragic needs to be traded and just let the young guys run the show and play lie crap and hopefully learn from it.

hotdalton18
11-23-2016, 08:59 PM
4 minutes left in the 1st and Whiteside doesn't have a shot attempt

Hmm I wonder why we're already down 10

All-In
11-23-2016, 10:26 PM
And you guys thought the Philly game was bad, this is absolute horse poop, the starters suck, Dragic especially sucks, just terrible

At this rate, if we string together another 4-10 stretch, then trading Dragic is something we should consider

Primarily, the only reason why I'm not on the "tank" bandwagon just yet is because I think its too early, I mean its only November and we can't trade players who we sign during this past FA until December 15th, I think, talking "tank" in November is jumping the gun, especially with our tough start to the schedule and our player injuries

So if it gets to mid-December and we're like 8-20, then the "tank" talk is more then welcomed

PS If we do trade Dragic for a 1st (highly unlikely, but maybe) then Markelle Fultz and Jonathan Issac are the two players I would target (best case scenario)

AllBall
11-23-2016, 10:33 PM
Primarily, the only reason why I'm not on the "tank" bandwagon just yet is because I think its too early, I mean its only November and we can't trade players who we sign during this past FA until December 15th, I think, talking "tank" in November is jumping the gun, especially with our tough start to the schedule and our player injuries

It's not that we want to tank (at least I don't) it's that clearly the FO is now in tank mode.

All-In
11-23-2016, 10:43 PM
It's not that we want to tank (at least I don't) it's that clearly the FO is now in tank mode.

I still dont believe they are in full tank mode just yet since its November but...

JRich missed some time to start the season....then Dragic misses some time....now Winslow is going to miss a bit of time due to a "lingering" wrist issue, along with Reed and Ellington, Whats next? TJ with a bum shoulder? Whiteside with a bum knee? haha....If these injuries one after the other continue throughout the season, then hell yes, it will look like a calculated tank, which at the end of the day if thats what they want to do, I would have no problem with it

But we're only 14 games in, so I think another 3-4 weeks of this crap and the tank begins

All-In
11-23-2016, 10:51 PM
And teams who previously have tried to tank are now trying to win games, like Philly, Minnesota, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, New Orleans, Orlando.....not saying these teams will make the playoffs but they aren't in tank mode anymore.....really us, Dallas and maybe Washington are full blown tanking candidates .....all those other teams that I aforementioned have tanked for so long that they're trying to win

beasted86
11-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Doesn't matter if they're trying to win. Some of them are trying to win with a bad hand... going all in with a small pocket pair.

They're still going to end up losing a bunch of games as evidenced by the Wolves. Sure, they have 3 scorers at 19 or more, but their defense and bench is putrid. They are still going to finish bottom 8 no matter what.

So Miami would be in their best interest leaving the team alone and tanking by default. Near the end of the year you go into full blown tank and bench your starters after St. Patricks basically for that final 4 weeks.

As long as we get a top 5 pick we're in good position to draft a good player. I don't want or expect Miami to go the Philly route and lose on purpose starting December just to cheat the odds.

All-In
11-24-2016, 02:40 PM
Doesn't matter if they're trying to win. Some of them are trying to win with a bad hand... going all in with a small pocket pair.

They're still going to end up losing a bunch of games as evidenced by the Wolves. Sure, they have 3 scorers at 19 or more, but their defense and bench is putrid. They are still going to finish bottom 8 no matter what.

So Miami would be in their best interest leaving the team alone and tanking by default. Near the end of the year you go into full blown tank and bench your starters after St. Patricks basically for that final 4 weeks.

As long as we get a top 5 pick we're in good position to draft a good player. I don't want or expect Miami to go the Philly route and lose on purpose starting December just to cheat the odds.

Sure, but point is typically in years when theres a good draft 5-7 teams line themselves up for the bottom, but since so many teams aren't trying to tank this year it opens up the door for teams who weren't originally trying to tank like us, Dallas and Washington

I understand those teams I mentioned are trying to win with a bad hand, but they've been in the bottom for so long that they want to improve their young cores, even if that means they end up getting a pick 5-13, it opens up the possibility for us to get a top 5 pick, which originally I don't think Pat thought that was possible to begin with

Mark Cuban has been on record saying he never wants to tank as a route to building a team, but he recently talked to Marc Stein and said since so many teams are trying to win it gives them an opportunity to get a top 5 pick, that thought process never crossed his mind at the beginning of the season, but might as well give it consideration now

I still think, when fully healthy, our roster isn't bottom 5 bad, but its too early in the season to make any calls like that

SteBO
11-25-2016, 11:39 PM
Nice road win tonight.....Memphis had won 5 or 6 straight coming in, and our defense kept them in check practically all night. If we're gonna win games consistently, that's how it'll have to look. We don't have any real talent

All-In
11-26-2016, 03:16 AM
Nice road win tonight.....Memphis had won 5 or 6 straight coming in, and our defense kept them in check practically all night. If we're gonna win games consistently, that's how it'll have to look. We don't have any real talent

And we won without Dragic, Winslow, Reed and Ellington, while Whiteside had only 4pts

If TJ and JRich can play like that all the time then most nights we'll be a tough out, problem is they haven't been very consistent

I really hope at some point this season we can be fully healthy

hotdalton18
11-26-2016, 04:26 AM

And we won without Dragic, Winslow, Reed and Ellington, while Whiteside had only 4pts

If TJ and JRich can play like that all the time then most nights we'll be a tough out, problem is they haven't been very consistent

I really hope at some point this season we can be fully healthy

At this point Winslow hurts the team

No way shooting 3/20 helps

Also Wayne and Reed being out are kind of ehh, don't think it changes much

Pretty much we just had Dragic out....they also had Randolph out but good win

lavilevi23
11-28-2016, 09:30 PM
could be the worst Heat team I've seen in my 15 years of being a fan

AllBall
11-28-2016, 11:50 PM
TJ being held out for tooth? Seriously!? If this isn't evidence of orchestrated tanking I don't know what is.

hotdalton18
11-29-2016, 01:57 AM
could be the worst Heat team I've seen in my 15 years of being a fan

So you think we win less then 15? Lol

Wasn't that how many we won when we drafted Beasley?

hotdalton18
11-29-2016, 02:06 AM
Whiteside and Dragic both have superstar like games in the same game and we still lose

AllBall
11-29-2016, 11:30 AM

#wetanking

Slug3
11-29-2016, 06:00 PM
So you think we win less then 15? Lol

Wasn't that how many we won when we drafted Beasley?

I feel like we have more talent than the 15 win 2007 team (minus D wade who missed half the season). But I don't even know if we will get 15 wins this year. We just look so bad offensively. I never thought we were good either before with Spo and you can tell now he is pretty weak on the offense teaching side. Now that he doesnt have a closer his plays are useless. I would not be surprised if after the all star break something happens to Whiteside and we shut him down for the year cause we really want to do that tank job.

Slug3
11-29-2016, 06:01 PM

#wetanking

Those 2 guys kind of help us tank though with their 5-20 shooting nights they put out all the time.

AllBall
11-29-2016, 08:52 PM
Those 2 guys kind of help us tank though with their 5-20 shooting nights they put out all the time.

It's not about the guys, it's that everyday they're holding out players for things like "paper cut" :laugh2:

Slug3
11-30-2016, 01:34 AM
It's not about the guys, it's that everyday they're holding out players for things like "paper cut" :laugh2:

So you mean TJs mouth injury could be fixed with him wearing a mouth piece? Lol