PDA

View Full Version : AD scores 50

Ty Fast
10-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Only the 3rd time a guy scored 50 on opening the night. The only other guy to do so was MJ who did it twice.

tp13baby
10-26-2016, 10:52 PM
He single handedly made it a game tonight.

JAZZNC
10-26-2016, 10:55 PM
I guess whoever it was that said he was capable of dropping 50pts on any night and got clowned for saying must feel pretty good right about now!

Wade n Fade
10-26-2016, 11:01 PM
It's criminal how badly he needs help out in NO.

TheMightyHumph
10-26-2016, 11:22 PM

We should hold a Telethon for AD. I'll bet Jerry Lewis would help out.

tredigs
10-27-2016, 12:37 AM
I guess whoever it was that said he was capable of dropping 50pts on any night and got clowned for saying must feel pretty good right about now!

Lmao I completely called that guy out for that too (and frankly rightfully so. I'm pretty sure that's his first 50 point game in his career. Edit: N/M he had that 59 spot last year too).

That said, the 50 was only part of the show. This was no regular 50 point game. he had 16 boards, 5 assists, 7 steals and 4 blocks. It's one of the most stacked lines in history (excluding pre-merger NBA).

MJNetsIsles
10-27-2016, 12:48 AM
Anthony Davis is a beast.

SoulBrotha
10-27-2016, 12:56 AM
a center with 7 steals? now i gotta see the highlights

SoulBrotha
10-27-2016, 01:01 AM
haaa his face when his teammate missed the 3 at the end. He does need help

lol, please
10-27-2016, 01:27 AM
Dude is a monster, i'd do anything to see him on our team without giving up anything substantial. Now that we picked up Durant AD is my new favorite non-warrior by default.

Chronz
10-27-2016, 01:31 AM
Yeah if AD is truly about winning and caring about his legacy, he will force a trade to GS or Cleveland....

HandsOnTheWheel
10-27-2016, 02:17 AM
Man still early in his career, but he's going nowhere with the Pelicans.

sens#11fan
10-27-2016, 02:19 AM
AD needs to team up with another star player, I don't know if the Pelicans can bring in pieces to contend. If I were him I'd go to OKC or Portland, going to GS, Cleveland, or SA would be overkill.

sens#11fan
10-27-2016, 02:21 AM
It's still early, but weren't people starting to pick KAT over AD in terms of the future of the league?

Blink
10-27-2016, 02:33 AM
Dude is a monster, i'd do anything to see him on our team without giving up anything substantial. Now that we picked up Durant AD is my new favorite non-warrior by default.

Lmao without giving up anything substantial. Lolololololololololololololololololololololololooo lololol

Blink
10-27-2016, 02:35 AM
It's still early, but weren't people starting to pick KAT over AD in terms of the future of the league?

Yes sir. Although AD has injury concerns let's give Towns time to breathe (Don't take too long though because that kid is legit) Healthy AD is tough to doubt.

tp13baby
10-27-2016, 02:40 AM
a center with 7 steals? now i gotta see the highlights

Really only 1 was impressive. Seriously Denver was turning the ball over, not because of superb defense.

He had a steal on Mudiay that no big guy makes.

naps
10-27-2016, 03:58 AM
Crazy how quickly NBA GM's jump on and off the bandwagons. A year ago Davis was the darling to build a franchise with. This year he was not even in top 3. Towns became the new darling with nearly 50% of the votes. Looks like they gave up too quickly. Davis needs help in NO or he must join forces with some all stars. His best years cant go waste like CP3's.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-27-2016, 04:22 AM
he should go to the Lakers, to fulfill his potential

ewing
10-27-2016, 05:44 AM

i cry for him before bed

ewing
10-27-2016, 08:57 AM

they are both soft

Hawkeye15
10-27-2016, 09:39 AM
Yeah if AD is truly about winning and caring about his legacy, he will force a trade to GS or Cleveland....

haha, wtf

Dade County
10-27-2016, 10:13 AM
I don't believe N.O will ever trully be able to contend because of teams like GS & the Spurs.

If KD could join an Orginization like the HEAT & play along Whiteside that could bring a little balance to the East & Pat will build aroumd him quickly. Also of course he could join Lbj too if they can pull off that trade.

The West is locked up for the next 4yrs. Players like Westbrook & AD need to find away to join up.

Dade County
10-27-2016, 10:15 AM
i cry for him before bed

Lol

TheDish87
10-27-2016, 11:14 AM
this has to be one of the greatest stat lines in a long time right? I mean this is some crazy *** video game ****. Its so sad his team lost this game.

Scoots
10-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Bad teams lose even with great players and bad teams start with ownership.

The Pelicans will never be perennial winners until the Benson's no longer own them.

warfelg
10-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Bad teams lose even with great players and bad teams start with ownership.

The Pelicans will never be perennial winners until the Benson's no longer own them.

They fell into the trap Hinkie designed to avoid. They got a great player, destroyed their cap, and never had a good enough pick to put more talent with him.

Chronz
10-27-2016, 01:11 PM
They fell into the trap Hinkie designed to avoid. They got a great player, destroyed their cap, and never had a good enough pick to put more talent with him.
Said it back then, they should have waited another year to buy in. They overloaded on similar skillets but they chased the8th seed
Cleveland did the same with Bron originally

Chronz
10-27-2016, 01:13 PM
haha, wtf
Same for KAT bro. He should join AD in either Cleveland or GS. Who else .... Oh yeah embiid should back them up too. Its ALL about wins right.

tp13baby
10-27-2016, 01:46 PM
this has to be one of the greatest stat lines in a long time right? I mean this is some crazy *** video game ****. Its so sad his team lost this game.

What not only worse, it wasn't until about 3 minutes left in the game where the lead wasn't double digits. I mean seriously not only did they lose, but they trailed by double figures almost all night. With Denver having 24 turnovers, this NO team is a lock for a top 3 pick. They are brutal outside of Davis right now.

tredigs
10-27-2016, 02:00 PM
What not only worse, it wasn't until about 3 minutes left in the game where the lead wasn't double digits. I mean seriously not only did they lose, but they trailed by double figures almost all night. With Denver having 24 turnovers, this NO team is a lock for a top 3 pick. They are brutal outside of Davis right now.

Well they do have Jrue Holiday, who's out for family reasons right now (wife had surgery for a brain tumor, newborn daughter). Still a crap roster, but Jrue can help them a lot.

cmellofan15
10-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Great perfomance, loser

Bruno
10-27-2016, 03:03 PM

lmao. unity...

IKnowHoops
10-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Whats funny is how my squad of

PG Lebron James
SG Glenn Rice
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Chris Webber
C Anthony Davis

Wasn't good enough to make the playoffs in the all-time redraft...smh

IKnowHoops
10-27-2016, 07:35 PM

PG Lebron James
SG Glenn Rice
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Chris Webber
C Anthony Davis

But this team was like a 4 seed...smh...there is just no way in h--- this team would have a chance against the team above.

PG: Dennis Johnson
SG: Dan Majerle
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Dennis Rodman
C: Dave Cowens

da ThRONe
10-27-2016, 07:59 PM

PG Lebron James
SG Glenn Rice
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Chris Webber
C Anthony Davis

LeBron alone should be enough to make any playoffs.

beasted86
10-27-2016, 11:09 PM
What's all this "AD should go..." nonsense about when he is literally in the first year of a 5 year contract?

Pelicans aren't trading him unless it's for a major haul. Davis isn't going to be able to force **** to happen in a trade.

Chronz
10-28-2016, 01:32 AM
What's all this "AD should go..." nonsense about when he is literally in the first year of a 5 year contract?

Pelicans aren't trading him unless it's for a major haul. Davis isn't going to be able to force **** to happen in a trade.

So if his contract was over this coming season, that kind of talk would be ok to you?

beasted86
10-28-2016, 01:41 AM
So if his contract was over this coming season, that kind of talk would be ok to you?
Yes, this season or next.

Common sense dictates that the pelicans are not trading this guy with 4-5 seasons left. Come on.

At least give them a couple drafts and free agencies to see what management can do.

lol, please
10-29-2016, 05:52 PM
LeBron alone should be enough to make any playoffs.

Curry has that kind of impact. Lebron can't carry any random group of scrubs to a title, he needs quality roleplayers and stars to lean on when it gets tough.

Chronz
10-29-2016, 06:10 PM

Common sense dictates that the pelicans are not trading this guy with 4-5 seasons left. Come on.

At least give them a couple drafts and free agencies to see what management can do.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

JAZZNC
10-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Curry has that kind of impact. Lebron can't carry any random group of scrubs to a title, he needs quality roleplayers and stars to lean on when it gets tough.

I distinctly remember Lebron ******** all over the Warriors after going down 1-3 against that Curry led squad...doesnt get much "tougher" than that.

mrblisterdundee
10-29-2016, 08:00 PM

Davis still has five years left on his contract, so there's not much leverage. New Orleans just needs to score in free agency.
Holiday and Evans are both up this summer. New Orleans should at least move on from Evans, if not both. Besides those two, everyone's on a cheap contract. They'll have the cap space and Davis when pitching to stars this summer. It won't be totally bleak.
I don't know if Cleveland or Golden State have the right assets on the right contracts and cape space to make it happen without giving up a star, but burning the house down and collecting the insurance money could be a good proposition for the right assets.
It would need to be a team on the precipice of greatness, but with plenty of young assets to trade. New Orleans could further pursue that godfather offer from the Celtics. Or see if Milwaukee will give up Monroe, Parker and Maker for Davis. He and Giannis would be :speechless:.

FlashBolt
10-30-2016, 12:29 AM

When was the last time stuff like that ever worked out where you kept a player in a depressed team for that last year and they resigned? It's very rare. Teams are getting the memo that you have to absolutely get rid of a superstar talent if you have the slight inclination they won't resign. Kings are in that situation and we were this past season with Westbrook. If not for RWB resigning for that additional year or two, I'm afraid we would have nothing going for us this or the next year. I advocated trading Westbrook after it was mum on what he was going to do. You just have to do it. If Blake was in his final year and possibly not returning + someone offered you Kevin Love, you'd probably take it.

FlashBolt
10-30-2016, 12:32 AM
Davis still has five years left on his contract, so there's not much leverage. New Orleans just needs to score in free agency.
Holiday and Evans are both up this summer. New Orleans should at least move on from Evans, if not both. Besides those two, everyone's on a cheap contract. They'll have the cap space and Davis when pitching to stars this summer. It won't be totally bleak.
I don't know if Cleveland or Golden State have the right assets on the right contracts and cape space to make it happen without giving up a star, but burning the house down and collecting the insurance money could be a good proposition for the right assets.
It would need to be a team on the precipice of greatness, but with plenty of young assets to trade. New Orleans could further pursue that godfather offer from the Celtics. Or see if Milwaukee will give up Monroe, Parker and Maker for Davis. He and Giannis would be :speechless:.

Bucks have nothing to offer outside of Giannis for a player like AD. I mean, they have KM and Jabari. Monroe is in his last season (PO).

P.S.. Hate to say it, Chronz, but I guess I told you so about Giannis?

tredigs
10-31-2016, 11:30 AM
^lol Giannis was trash yesterday, but obviously overall he's going to get big stats. Their squad is a predictable train wreck without Middleton, with their sole win being a 2 point edge over Brooklyn.

KnicksorBust
10-31-2016, 11:43 AM

Completely agree. Sadly 1 is not enough to go all in with anymore. Not when you have teams like the Warriors and Cavs running the league. He needs a Lillard type star to compete in the West. Their big moves were bringing Asik and Ryan Anderson to go with redundant ball handlers like Jrue, Reke, and Gordon.

PG Lebron James
SG Glenn Rice
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Chris Webber
C Anthony Davis

I liked your team a lot. Didn't you start DeAndre Jordan though? You like picked him up off waivers when he went undrafted and then started him... which was pretty hilarious.

Chronz
10-31-2016, 03:11 PM

When was the last time stuff like that ever worked out where you kept a player in a depressed team for that last year and they resigned? It's very rare. Teams are getting the memo that you have to absolutely get rid of a superstar talent if you have the slight inclination they won't resign. Kings are in that situation and we were this past season with Westbrook. If not for RWB resigning for that additional year or two, I'm afraid we would have nothing going for us this or the next year. I advocated trading Westbrook after it was mum on what he was going to do. You just have to do it. If Blake was in his final year and possibly not returning + someone offered you Kevin Love, you'd probably take it.

Jesus guys I was being satirical, I have more respect for AD than to expect to tuck tail and run ala KD. Granted it would be more understandable coming from a guy on a deplorable squad with injury questions himself but if he leaves, I would hope its to create his own legacy instead of piggy backing off established success. Not to mention the guy is on a different title window IMO, he can weather this storm in GS much better than someone like Bron for instance.

P.S.. Hate to say it, Chronz, but I guess I told you so about Giannis?
How so? What exactly are you projecting from him this year, team wise and individually cuz I'm making bank off their predictable demise without the guy who has proven to be their best player over the years.

Chronz
10-31-2016, 03:18 PM
^lol Giannis was trash yesterday, but obviously overall he's going to get big stats. Their squad is a predictable train wreck without Middleton, with their sole win being a 2 point edge over Brooklyn.
Don't get me started with that game, I thought I had it in the bag when I found out Brook was resting but the Bucks couldn't even cover my augmented spread against them. Also, some people keep telling me Jabari is better off as a SF but I just don't see it. The guy struggles staying in front of anyone, him playing quicker players isn't going to help his career. Maybe tweeners still exist.

kobe4thewinbang
11-02-2016, 12:29 AM
Anthony Davis drew the "early Chris Paul" card from the NBA career deck. He needs to be traded quick, or they need to trade all those people signed for someone actually good. There are reasons yes, like Jrue and his family situation, but c'mon, now...They lost both Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. Gotta be something deeper to it, because those two guys are doing better already for the Rockets.

R. Johnson#3
11-02-2016, 01:17 PM
The Pelicans need to trade him now. They could get an insane return for him.

kobe4thewinbang
11-05-2016, 08:23 PM
The Pelicans need to trade him now. They could get an insane return for him.Probably would be up there with that crazy KG trade, might get back even more players. Pelicans need more talent, period. Even AD can't get it done alone. Trading the face of their franchise probably won't happen, but dang that team needs help.

Dade County
11-05-2016, 11:43 PM

You are right they wont trade AD now but it doesn't matter if we/the media/god gives N.O more time; they are not going to build a true contender.

We all just know.

hugepatsfan
11-06-2016, 12:23 PM
The Pelicans have zero reason to trade AD. The fact that they're so bad honestly gives them even less reason to. Being so bad actually puts them in better position to build around him because they can get high picks. If they were winning 40 games then they'd be in tougher position to build and would have more incentive to trade him.

But still, even if they were in that spot, they wouldn't do it because his contract is so long. They can always do it later and still get max value with how many years he has left. They shouldn't entertain the idea of trading him until he has 2 years left. Because then you start seeing diminishing returns the longer you wait. And of course that's provided their still so bad that it dictates them considering a trade.

Dade County
11-06-2016, 02:33 PM
The Pelicans have zero reason to trade AD. The fact that they're so bad honestly gives them even less reason to. Being so bad actually puts them in better position to build around him because they can get high picks. If they were winning 40 games then they'd be in tougher position to build and would have more incentive to trade him.

But still, even if they were in that spot, they wouldn't do it because his contract is so long. They can always do it later and still get max value with how many years he has left. They shouldn't entertain the idea of trading him until he has 2 years left. Because then you start seeing diminishing returns the longer you wait. And of course that's provided their still so bad that it dictates them considering a trade.

True...

But one of the reasons why i feel that N.O is in a lose-lose situation; is because of teams like GS & Spurs.

What realistic talent will they be able to place around AD to these two teams out west and other teams that are in front of them or just going to get better also (some of them).

& until a key free agent signs there, its just false hope for there fan base.

What they need to do & aim for a top 2 pick & use that asset to trade for a star player. Then maybe they can get acouple of key free agents to believe in that organization.

They just cant waste AD youth/prime years like Minny did to Kg & Cavs did to young Lbj. But even young Lbj did more then what AD is doing now; when it comes to wins. But yes the West is harder.