5- Oklahoma City
6- Milwaukee
7- Philadelphia
8- Portland

warfelg
10-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm going to go somewhere strange on this one:

Seattle.

Bring the ASG to a city you screwed, and make the owners see how great it would be to have Seattle in the NBA again.

Tg11
10-23-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm going to go somewhere strange on this one:

Seattle.

Bring the ASG to a city you screwed, and make the owners see how great it would be to have Seattle in the NBA again.

Seattle I wouldn't have a problem with that but they already tried that in Vegas back in 2007 and still no NBA team in Vegas

warfelg
10-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Seattle I wouldn't have a problem with that but they already tried that in Vegas back in 2007 and still no NBA team in Vegas

Big difference is NBA used to be in Seattle. There's still lots of people there that want the NBA back.

Tg11
10-23-2016, 01:48 PM
But NBA isn't expanding any time soon nor are there any teams relocating either so a city in definite need of hosting NBA All Star weekend is Portland because they have never hosted it not once

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-23-2016, 01:51 PM
Probably Bucks any time after 2018 with new arena.

Tg11
10-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Milwaukee is yet another city that I don't think has ever hosted it and if they have they haven't hosted it in how long?

warfelg
10-23-2016, 02:10 PM
I also don't think Philly should be on the list. We're locked into the WFC for another 20 years, and it's already 15 years old (at least) and has hosted an ASG.

Up soon would be Milwaukee. Then Warriors when their new place is done. Has it been in NO yet? Portland will get one. Don't be shocked if Cleveland gets one fast because of the ship. Maybe OKC to make up losing Durant (also the show that would be Durant as an AS in OKC). Miami and LA will always be on the list.

Tg11
10-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Golden State hasn't hosted in 16 years

FlashBolt
10-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Vouch for the Bay. I think it would be pretty cool to host one there.

Phantom Dreamer
10-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Edmonton, Alberta and Perth, Australia should top any list.

mrblisterdundee
10-23-2016, 10:14 PM
Why not go to NBA cities that haven't hosted any?

1. Portland. They've won an NBA championship, but they haven't hosted the all-star game.
2. Sacramento. Give 'em something nice.
3. Oklahoma City. Kevin Durant left town and the fracking industry is still hurting — which might be beneficial, given the average two to three earthquakes per day it helps cause. The point is, get an all-star game there before Russell Westbrook's contract is up.
4. Memphis. Barbecue!

mrblisterdundee
10-23-2016, 10:15 PM
Milwaukee is yet another city that I don't think has ever hosted it and if they have they haven't hosted it in how long?

mrblisterdundee
10-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Big difference is NBA used to be in Seattle. There's still lots of people there that want the NBA back.

That would make a great statement. I don't think there's anybody who wouldn't like to see the NBA return to Seattle. They have the money, just not the real estate at the moment.

FlashBolt
10-24-2016, 12:56 AM
Why not go to NBA cities that haven't hosted any?

1. Portland. They've won an NBA championship, but they haven't hosted the all-star game.
2. Sacramento. Give 'em something nice.
3. Oklahoma City. Kevin Durant left town and the fracking industry is still hurting — which might be beneficial, given the average two to three earthquakes per day it helps cause. The point is, get an all-star game there before Russell Westbrook's contract is up.
4. Memphis. Barbecue!

ASG makes a lot of money not only for the NBA but a city. There is no way NBA gives that luxury up to host an ASG in the middle of nowhere. I'm pretty sure they have a list where it's an absolute no-no.

Shammyguy3
10-24-2016, 01:18 AM
the Bulls definitely do not belong in the short list of teams that should host it

GunFactor187
10-24-2016, 02:06 AM
Auburn Hills, Michigan.

warfelg
10-24-2016, 07:55 AM
That would make a great statement. I don't think there's anybody who wouldn't like to see the NBA return to Seattle. They have the money, just not the real estate at the moment.

Pretty much my thoughts. I think showing off Seattle would really entice them.

Heck if they wanted to go big:
Enclose Safeco, put the court on the field, build some bleachers, have fun.

warfelg
10-24-2016, 08:05 AM
ASG makes a lot of money not only for the NBA but a city. There is no way NBA gives that luxury up to host an ASG in the middle of nowhere. I'm pretty sure they have a list where it's an absolute no-no.

Um....pretty sure that city and owner would have a very strong collusion case.

My downside:
They seem to be stumbling into rotation of LA every 7 years. Last time a city lost an ASG (Philly in '99 to lockout, got it in '02). So expect Silver to get it to Charlotte ASAP.

Via Wiki:

Portland, Sacramento, Memphis, and Oklahoma City are the only current NBA cities that have not yet hosted an NBA All-Star Game.[a]
New arenas that have not hosted the All-Star Game in markets that have hosted it previously are The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan, the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, United Center in Chicago, TD Garden in Boston, American Airlines Arena in Miami, Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, American Airlines Center in Dallas, Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte and AT&T Center in San Antonio.

Off that list (based on who's had it recently): The 4 no time hosts (esp OKC and Sac with their new arenas). Milwaukee (although reports of racism issues might hold them back), Boston, Miami, Indy. SA recently held one, and Dallas used Jerrah World instead of AACenter.

Tg11
10-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Miami hasn't hosted an NBA All Star weekend in years so I would give it to them

Same with Chicago because they too haven't had it in a very very long time

warfelg
10-24-2016, 10:04 AM
Miami hasn't hosted an NBA All Star weekend in years so I would give it to them

Same with Chicago because they too haven't had it in a very very long time

I know the United Center isn't near it, but until Chicago cleans up the violence I would be timid to but an ASG there.

Shammyguy3
10-24-2016, 11:12 AM
I know the United Center isn't near it, but until Chicago cleans up the violence I would be timid to but an ASG there.

so why would you be timid if you know the UC isn't near "it"

warfelg
10-24-2016, 11:25 AM
so why would you be timid if you know the UC isn't near "it"

Spillover. Crimes of opportunity.

And frankly the league is taking the game from Char over the law so they don't have to deal with it, how would they feel about having to make a statement about the violence?

LoveCaliFan
10-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Charleston, WV....Seriously we deserve something. Make it happen Jerry West!

europagnpilgrim
10-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Well the cities that deserve it more than anyone

1- Boston
2- Chicago
3- Miami
4- Sacramento
5- Oklahoma City
6- Milwaukee
7- Philadelphia
8- Portland

Any of these cities who has hosted the least amount of times and work its way down from there then mix in the most hosted for a few years and repeat the cycle with the least amount, keeps it balanced out and not so repetitive

PhillyFaninLA
10-24-2016, 01:13 PM
every nba city in alphabetical order

JasonJohnHorn
10-24-2016, 05:23 PM
I like seeing small markets pick up the ASG. Not sure how the rotation works, but I'd love to see Detroit get one since it is near by. I think it would be great for the city, and it's kind of a international affair because the border is right there (which means the players can go to strip clubs where they get to see the full monty).

FlashBolt
10-24-2016, 06:07 PM
Um....pretty sure that city and owner would have a very strong collusion case.

My downside:
They seem to be stumbling into rotation of LA every 7 years. Last time a city lost an ASG (Philly in '99 to lockout, got it in '02). So expect Silver to get it to Charlotte ASAP.

Via Wiki:

Off that list (based on who's had it recently): The 4 no time hosts (esp OKC and Sac with their new arenas). Milwaukee (although reports of racism issues might hold them back), Boston, Miami, Indy. SA recently held one, and Dallas used Jerrah World instead of AACenter.

Politics trumps all. No way they host the ASG at Portland.. it's stupid for business and hurts the brand. I'd rather they host it at prime cities just because there is more buzz.

JasonJohnHorn
10-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Anywhere but Vegas (the already got one, and they get the summer league), LAL (they seem to have it every third year... yes... hyperbole), and NY (like LAL, they've gotten to host a lot and they've got two NBA teams). It would be nice for Seattle fans to have one there.... or some other cities that don't have ASG. Perhaps Montreal? London England? Paris? Some big name cities, or even some other international cities where they could drum up interest in the NBA and give the players some branding exposure internationally. I'm sure China has a few cities that could host if the political climate is ok. Basketball is growing in Asia.... doing some ASGs over there wouldn't hurt.

Gotta think outside the box for this one. As much as I'd love to see Detroit get it, I think cities/countries without NBA teams would be good for the league.

mrblisterdundee
10-24-2016, 07:08 PM
Politics trumps all. No way they host the ASG at Portland.. it's stupid for business and hurts the brand. I'd rather they host it at prime cities just because there is more buzz.

You're kidding, right? Many of the world's top athletes, including LeBron James, already travel to Portland for Nike-related business. Adidas' North American headquarters is in Portland.
The biggest obstacle facing Portland is having more hotel rooms near the Moda Center. Adam Silver has already said as much:

"I would love to have an All-Star Game in Portland," he said during his annual midseason press conference at 2015 All-Star Weekend in New York. "But it's an issue of whether we can fit in town."
A new, 600-room Hyatt Regency hotel is expected finished in 2018, in time for an all-star game bid three years from now.

IndyRealist
10-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Auburn Hills, Michigan.

Pretty sure the Pistons and Pacers have both been blackballed from the ASG for 12 years now.

FlashBolt
10-24-2016, 11:16 PM
You're kidding, right? Many of the world's top athletes, including LeBron James, already travel to Portland for Nike-related business. Adidas' North American headquarters is in Portland.
The biggest obstacle facing Portland is having more hotel rooms near the Moda Center. Adam Silver has already said as much:

A new, 600-room Hyatt Regency hotel is expected finished in 2018, in time for an all-star game bid three years from now.

What does that have to do with anything? Portland doesn't drive close to the economic activity a city like NYC or LA can draw. LeBron James does business everywhere but your typical fan most likely isn't going to purchase a ticket to Portland Oregon. That's just not happening. It honestly doesn't matter what Silver says. Once the numbers are put in front of him, he'll realize that Portland doesn't make sense. Sorry, that's the truth.

warfelg
10-25-2016, 07:51 AM
Portland is a great city. Rated as one of the best public transportation systems in America, one of the best city park systems, a great arts scene, one of the greenest cities (small carbon footprint) in America, Microbrew capitol of the world, 53rd of 75 major cities in crime.

Nike, Adidas, Li-Ning, Columbia, LaCrosse, Under Armour all have major studies and headquarters there. Not to mention that it's the second highest tech region on the west coast.

Portland is a amazing city, so I don't know why you keep putting it down. The ASG should be going to these small market cities and highlight what's great about them. Not just the large cities.

Also if you kept it to large cities, there would be a fracture of owners. They don't want certain owners getting all the revenue and glory of an ASG.

IndyRealist
10-25-2016, 08:22 AM
What does that have to do with anything? Portland doesn't drive close to the economic activity a city like NYC or LA can draw. LeBron James does business everywhere but your typical fan most likely isn't going to purchase a ticket to Portland Oregon. That's just not happening. It honestly doesn't matter what Silver says. Once the numbers are put in front of him, he'll realize that Portland doesn't make sense. Sorry, that's the truth.

That would be a reasonable argument if the ASG was ALWAYS in New York or LA, but it's not. Fans go wherever the game is, they never have attendance problems.

warfelg
10-25-2016, 08:37 AM
That would be a reasonable argument if the ASG was ALWAYS in New York or LA, but it's not. Fans go wherever the game is, they never have attendance problems.

It's also not because the other owners would throw a fit. Could you imagine all the small market owners okaying the 4-5 major media markets getting the ASG? Because if you stuck to "major media" all you would have for the ASG is: Boston, NY, Philly, Chicago, LA. I can't see Cuban being okay with that. He would get owners of teams like Indy, SLC, Denver, Portland, Minny, Milw, Char, Memph, and literally everyone else together to rally against it. The small markets outweigh the big markets in all sports.

FlashBolt
10-25-2016, 01:52 PM

Yes, but lately you've been seeing them enter cities where there is growth and large economic activity. Clearly LA and NY are preferable but I just don't see how it would make sense for the NBA to have an ASG at Portland just because they never had one. It has to make financial sense for both the NBA and the city hosting it.

Shammyguy3
10-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Spillover. Crimes of opportunity.

And frankly the league is taking the game from Char over the law so they don't have to deal with it, how would they feel about having to make a statement about the violence?

Spillover/crimes of opportunity happen no matter which city you go to. It's unavoidable and a stupid reason to not have an all-star game in a certain city. Your second point, i have no idea but until i hear the NBA explicitly refuse to have an ASG in a city because of its violence then I won't factor it into the thought process.

the NBA did that as a politic move yes. How does doing that to a city that hasn't had the workings of hosting the ASG do anything? Even if it had an affect, you are assuming the crime lords, gangs, corruption in Chicago (my hometown and city I've grown up in) would give a **** about it

goingfor28
10-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Charlotte. I still find it absolutely ridiculous the NBA took the game away. So stupid.

ombada
10-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Pretty sure the Pistons and Pacers have both been blackballed from the ASG for 12 years now.

The pacers put in a serious bid earlier this year to host the ASG as early as 2019.

Initial plans have been made, securing Downtown hotel rooms has been discussed and the convention center’s calendar for the month of February in future years remains open. All the Indiana Pacers need is for the NBA to release its requirements and specifications to bid to host a future All-Star Game.

“We will be looking at all the dates and all the time frames that are in the specifications,” Rick Fuson, the Pacers’ president and chief operations officer, said last week in a telephone interview. “Once we get the specifications, we’ll try to determine what we think the best year or years are that we would bid for.”

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2016/06/13/pacers-eager-submit-bid-host-future-all-star-game/85830242/

Its possible, we will see.

they have not hosted it since 1985.

mrblisterdundee
11-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Do you seriously think an all-star game in Portland would have any issue selling out? Portland fans alone would sell that game out, and that's not taking into account how close Seattle is.
You're totally overstating the importance of the all-star game. It's nothing more than a glorified exhibition. it doesn't drive the NBA's marketing. And the physical location of the all-star game is a lot less important than how many people are watching it on television and computers.

mrblisterdundee
11-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Charlotte. I still find it absolutely ridiculous the NBA took the game away. So stupid.

What's stupid is the discriminatory law the state's voters allowed. All North Carolina had to do was allow transgender people to use whatever bathroom fits their gender. There's no risk to anyone, no extra costs. If a state is collectively that ignorant, its people deserve to suffer some insults.

LoveCaliFan
11-08-2016, 11:14 AM
This world is F'd! When the government has the majority of power, it's called tyranny. We are the only ones that can stop it, we the people. I comnend the city of Charlotte for standing up for what they feel is right. It's a shame many don't understand the magnitude of this topic across the country. It's sickening. Like, there are even schools losing funds because they don't want transgender bathrooms and teachings. Though i hate how we are educated, it's still sad to see.