PDA

View Full Version : Joel Embiid watch

More-Than-Most
10-22-2016, 12:21 AM
Joel Embiid's Preseason Per 36 Stats: 27.96 points, 14.68 rebounds, 2.01 blocks, 0.00 assists

This doesnt even factor in how often he got switched out on a John wall etc and just flat out locked up the person he defended.

In his final preseason game he played for 18 minutes and dropped 18/9 on 50 percent shooting.

Preseason or not the guy is healthy is going to be a god. The Majority of people are interested in what he does and if he will bust and what not so with the season starting I figured he deserves his own up to date thread.

jsthornton7
10-22-2016, 01:53 AM
Would you trade Embiid for Lebron?

More-Than-Most
10-22-2016, 03:07 AM
Would you trade Embiid for Lebron?

Lebron would make us an instant finals contender... So yes lol. Id trade Embiid for any of these guys... Lebron/Durant/Westy/Curry... Anything after that wouldnt be worth. We would be getting a better more sure thing with guys like AD but it just wouldnt be worth it because we are gonna either sink or swim with Embiid... I would rather put all my coins in the Embiid wallet and pray for health... Embiid/Simmons just makes way to much sense

beasted86
10-22-2016, 05:36 AM
Adam Morrison scored 19 in his preseason debut, so....

I mean I get it. Sixers fans have something to get all geeked up about. Doesn't mean that per36 preseason numbers should ever be used as a debate tactic in anyone's lifetime.

IKnowHoops
10-22-2016, 07:00 AM
Lebron would make us an instant finals contender... So yes lol. Id trade Embiid for any of these guys... Lebron/Durant/Westy/Curry... Anything after that wouldnt be worth. We would be getting a better more sure thing with guys like AD but it just wouldnt be worth it because we are gonna either sink or swim with Embiid... I would rather put all my coins in the Embiid wallet and pray for health... Embiid/Simmons just makes way to much sense

Embiid for Towns?

More-Than-Most
10-22-2016, 07:05 AM
Embiid for Towns?

Most would do it... I wouldnt. I am Bias and loved Embiid even before the sixers drafted him... His skill set is ridiculous... I would do it just because of Embiids injuries probably but if both were fully healthy Id go Embiid.

When people were talking about him being drafted I stated he was the next Lebron James type cant miss talent... I still believe that even now... Id take him over everyone drafted since Lebron without knowing the results of how people like AD have emerged.

ewing
10-22-2016, 08:09 AM
can we get a pool going for when he gets hurt?

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2016, 08:34 AM
Adam Morrison scored 19 in his preseason debut, so....

I mean I get it. Sixers fans have something to get all geeked up about. Doesn't mean that per36 preseason numbers should ever be used as a debate tactic in anyone's lifetime.

As a Sixers fan I think this is a great point. I talked about it at work. He has just about averaged a point and rebound per minute.

With more minutes it will level out and regular season verse pre season is a great point. What we are seeing is the potential we heard about. He is showing he can score, grab a rebound, create space for his teammates, and hit a three.

What happens and what he becomes is still to be determined, but after a long wait we are seeing a guy that is showing the skill set we where promised.

nycericanguy
10-22-2016, 10:18 AM
he's looked good but people need to slam the breaks on. you wouldn't trade him for Towns?...lol

It's rare for big men to have such serious injury issues and then come back and have a long healthy career. especially a guy as huge as Embid.

He's looked good from what i've seen, also rusty though and shot a low % during preseason and turned it over a ton. but i wouldn't make too much of preseason stats. Alot of trash players that wont be playing come regular season, and these days teams take preseason less serious than ever. The whole "Resting players" has become a joke.

warfelg
10-22-2016, 11:20 AM
he's looked good but people need to slam the breaks on. you wouldn't trade him for Towns?...lol

It's rare for big men to have such serious injury issues and then come back and have a long healthy career. especially a guy as huge as Embid.

He's looked good from what i've seen, also rusty though and shot a low % during preseason and turned it over a ton. but i wouldn't make too much of preseason stats. Alot of trash players that wont be playing come regular season, and these days teams take preseason less serious than ever. The whole "Resting players" has become a joke.

My reasoning for not trading him for anything through the tough times was we didn't know what he is on the court. We still don't. He could be a stud and better than Towns after year one. He could get injured again and be a NBA afterthought in 5 years. But to me it's a risk worth taking because of his potential.

You ever hear the story of him at Kansas? It was a game where he had problems shaking this big, so a coach showed him the dream shake in a video, and never explained how to do it. The next day at practice they said that Embiid had the move perfected and no one on the team could stop it.

I want to see if he continues to have that growth.

So my not trading him for anything is less how good he looked in preseason, and more seeing his development curve over a season.

nycericanguy
10-22-2016, 11:38 AM
My reasoning for not trading him for anything through the tough times was we didn't know what he is on the court. We still don't. He could be a stud and better than Towns after year one. He could get injured again and be a NBA afterthought in 5 years. But to me it's a risk worth taking because of his potential.

You ever hear the story of him at Kansas? It was a game where he had problems shaking this big, so a coach showed him the dream shake in a video, and never explained how to do it. The next day at practice they said that Embiid had the move perfected and no one on the team could stop it.

I want to see if he continues to have that growth.

So my not trading him for anything is less how good he looked in preseason, and more seeing his development curve over a season.

well thats not good risk management. If you could in theory get a franchise player like Towns for an unknown you do it 10 out of 10 times. Especially when you factor in the huge injury concerns.

Of course MIN would never consider that, because it would be absurd to trade for such a risky player like Emiid.

If healthy he's gonna be a beast, but it's such a huge if right now. I hear PHI fans saying he's the next Hakeem... let's see him stay healthy for 4-5 years playing 35mpg and 70+ games before we start comparing him to the best C of all time.

Even as Knick fan, with KP, I cringe... even though he's been healthy so far, because guys that big and tall... it's just injuries are always in the back of your mind. That's why I don't want KP to put on too much weight.

nycericanguy
10-22-2016, 11:42 AM
I just think back to Oden, he came back and looked dominant at times... but he could never put a full season together and eventually his body just gave out.

I really don't wish that on Emiid, but a guy who is as big as him with lower body issues, I just think the probability of him staying healthy for long periods of time is very slim. Certainly not something I would want to bank the franchise on.

PHI is in a bit of a tough spot, they have 3 centers, and they've all been injury prone so far. Noel needs surgery again, Okafor missed 30 games last season and already missed most of the preseason this year. Tough spot. Embidd in theory is the keeper to build around, but that's such a shaky foundation to build around. Even worse, his rookie contract is already on it's 3rd year. So PHI will have to pay up without much of a track record very soon.

warfelg
10-22-2016, 11:44 AM
well thats not good risk management. If you could in theory get a franchise player like Towns for an unknown you do it 10 out of 10 times. Especially when you factor in the huge injury concerns.

Of course MIN would never consider that, because it would be absurd to trade for such a risky player like Emiid.

If healthy he's gonna be a beast, but it's such a huge if right now. I hear PHI fans saying he's the next Hakeem... let's see him stay healthy for 4-5 years playing 35mpg and 70+ games before we start comparing him to the best C of all time.

Even as Knick fan, with KP, I cringe... even though he's been healthy so far, because guys that big and tall... it's just injuries are always in the back of your mind. That's why I don't want KP to put on too much weight.

Well this hits at why I can't bring myself to think of a trade with him. The big if on Embiid isn't skills, it's health by all accounts. And as long as health is a question we will never get equal value of what he can do on the court.

Let's say Embiid puts together a full year of really damn good play, and stays healthy, he really becomes untouchable.

But for me it comes down to I can't bring myself to not seeing it play out.

Tg11
10-22-2016, 03:47 PM
I predict Embiid gets injured again

beasted86
10-22-2016, 05:54 PM
As a Sixers fan I think this is a great point. I talked about it at work. He has just about averaged a point and rebound per minute.

With more minutes it will level out and regular season verse pre season is a great point. What we are seeing is the potential we heard about. He is showing he can score, grab a rebound, create space for his teammates, and hit a three.

What happens and what he becomes is still to be determined, but after a long wait we are seeing a guy that is showing the skill set we where promised.

Like I said. Not discrediting this as a valid topic or discussion as a thread-worthy player to talk about.

I simply wanted to point out the ridiculousness of per36 preseason. I don't put a whole lot of weight in regular base preseason stats, let alone per36 preseason stats.

IndyRealist
10-22-2016, 06:23 PM
So if Embiid turns out to be a stud, and Simmons pans out, how much credit does Hinkie get?

More-Than-Most
10-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Like I said. Not discrediting this as a valid topic or discussion as a thread-worthy player to talk about.

I simply wanted to point out the ridiculousness of per36 preseason. I don't put a whole lot of weight in regular base preseason stats, let alone per36 preseason stats.

well considering everytime he was doing anything in practice he got **** on because anyone could do that in practice and so on... Now he is playing against legit players like drummond and so on and has been flat out ridiculous... He has also been double teamed a good bit this preseason and still puts up those numbers... This guy has been injured and he could very well be injured again but what he is doing this preseason is why most knowledgeable posters laughed at the notion of trading him for 2nd round picks like others thought was a good idea the majority of the time.

This is preseason... He is pretty much starting every game and going up against starting NBA players and dominating. Its a pretty big deal.

Raidaz4Life
10-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Not trading him for KAT would be absolutely INSANE. I think people are sleeping on KAT's potential lol

warfelg
10-22-2016, 08:03 PM
So if Embiid turns out to be a stud, and Simmons pans out, how much credit does Hinkie get?

All of it. Especially if Saric pans out too.

More-Than-Most
10-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Not trading him for KAT would be absolutely INSANE. I think people are sleeping on KAT's potential lol

Not at all saying that... Most here would because of Embiid injury history but if there is no injury history and both are in the same draft class I am taking Embiid every single time.... Maybe Kat ends up the best player ever for all we know but there is nobody that has more potential than Embiid when drafted at the time they are drafted except Lebron... That is all I have said.

beasted86
10-22-2016, 08:59 PM
well considering everytime he was doing anything in practice he got **** on because anyone could do that in practice and so on... Now he is playing against legit players like drummond and so on and has been flat out ridiculous... He has also been double teamed a good bit this preseason and still puts up those numbers... This guy has been injured and he could very well be injured again but what he is doing this preseason is why most knowledgeable posters laughed at the notion of trading him for 2nd round picks like others thought was a good idea the majority of the time.

This is preseason... He is pretty much starting every game and going up against starting NBA players and dominating. Its a pretty big deal.

No....no, it's not at all. It's actually the direct opposite.

Jimmer dropped 33 on the Rockets but was garbage in an NBA uniform when it actually counts.

Embiid looks like a solid young prospect so far, but 11/6 on 44% in 15 minutes is not dominating by any stretch, especially in the context of preseason. Per36 is made to look even more totally useless than usual when the said player is averaging 7.1 fouls.

Aust
10-23-2016, 12:55 AM
I've barely seen him play so far. Saw a highlight vid of his game against the Heat recently. Looked good. I think he'll stay healthy onward.

jsthornton7
10-23-2016, 04:02 AM
Pretty crazy that Embiid (3.16.94) is little less than 1 year younger than Anthony Davis (3.11.93)

ewing
10-23-2016, 09:18 AM

no its not

tredigs
10-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Not at all saying that... Most here would because of Embiid injury history but if there is no injury history and both are in the same draft class I am taking Embiid every single time.... Maybe Kat ends up the best player ever for all we know but there is nobody that has more potential than Embiid when drafted at the time they are drafted except Lebron... That is all I have said.
Lmfao. Lord MTM.

TheDish87
10-23-2016, 09:57 AM
this dude almost makes me not like my own team with the outrageous **** he says. Embiid looks healthy and for real but he doesnt have to be a superstar right now, take a step back and be patient.

warfelg
10-23-2016, 10:05 AM
this dude almost makes me not like my own team with the outrageous **** he says. Embiid looks healthy and for real but he doesnt have to be a superstar right now, take a step back and be patient.

Ditto. I'm optimistic on Embiid....but man lets get 20 games into the season.

mrblisterdundee
10-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Lebron would make us an instant finals contender

No, he wouldn't. James can't just beast mode his way to wins as the only star not anymore. Don't get me wrong. Noel would be a great fit with James, as would Covington and the rest of their young guys. But they'd need to add at least another star or two to contend.

mrblisterdundee
10-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Joel Embiid's Preseason Per 36 Stats: 27.96 points, 14.68 rebounds, 2.01 blocks, 0.00 assists
This doesnt even factor in how often he got switched out on a John wall etc and just flat out locked up the person he defended.
In his final preseason game he played for 18 minutes and dropped 18/9 on 50 percent shooting.
Preseason or not the guy is healthy is going to be a god. The Majority of people are interested in what he does and if he will bust and what not so with the season starting I figured he deserves his own up to date thread.

Joel Embiid is currently pegged to average 11.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game in 26 minutes per game. I'm confident he can surpass that, and maybe even average a double-double. At this point, I'm comparing Embiid to guys like Steven Adams, Alex Len, Bismack Biyombo and Myles Turner maybe Rudy Gobert, if I'm being generous.
But some people need to slow down. He shouldn't be compared with Karl-Anthony Towns at this point. They're in different worlds until proven otherwise. One's a bonafide star. The other needs to prove he's not the next Greg Oden.

tredigs
10-23-2016, 12:20 PM
I want to know how the hell he played 7 preseason games and didn't fall into at least ONE assist? That to me is a very troubling stat (or lack there of). Bigs that you have zero worry about making a play on you can be gameplanned against far too easily. Also, he makes WAY too many dumb fouls. He had 4 fouls in I think the 10 minutes of action he saw against the Cavs, and he fouled out of the last preseason game in under 20 minutes. Also, extremely troubling stat.

The most promising prospect of all time outside of Lebron? Lmfao. That's a comment for the record books.

warfelg
10-23-2016, 01:02 PM
I want to know how the hell he played 7 preseason games and didn't fall into at least ONE assist? That to me is a very troubling stat (or lack there of). Bigs that you have zero worry about making a play on you can be gameplanned against far too easily. Also, he makes WAY too many dumb fouls. He had 4 fouls in I think the 10 minutes of action he saw against the Cavs, and he fouled out of the last preseason game in under 20 minutes. Also, extremely troubling stat.

The most promising prospect of all time outside of Lebron? Lmfao. That's a comment for the record books.

1 - Our shooters sucked. RoCo's shooting has fallen off a cliff, Grant is still shooting at 35%ish from the floor, Hollis missed a few games.

2 - The game plan while he was in offensively was to just feed the big man. They wanted him to take as many shots as possible in that time.

The three that come to mind off the top of my head was:
1 - Double kick out to Stauskas, results in an airball
2 - kick to a cutting McConnell, results in a blocked layup
3 - kick out of a double to wide open RoCo, results in a hard side of rim brick

I'm not too concerned about it yet, because he's trying to make the passes.

Tg11
10-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Embiid I'm the most skeptical

TheDish87
10-24-2016, 08:47 AM

hah he did get one assist in the last game but it wasnt recorded but he tweeted the play out and it was legit lol. But yea our shooters sucked and the main focus was just to let him go to work and get that feel for the game back and just let him run wild doing his thing so he can get comfortable.

Hawkeye15
10-24-2016, 09:17 AM

however, it's obvious that Kentucky playing Towns 20 mpg, and sticking him in the low block, covered up what he was capable of. If people knew Towns was what he has been in the NBA so far, he would be the #1 pick in nearly any draft over the past 15 years, outside the LeBron draft.

ewing
10-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Does MTM need to post the video of Embiid taking one legged set shots form 10 feet again?

naps
10-24-2016, 09:23 AM
but there is nobody that has more potential than Embiid when drafted at the time they are drafted except Lebron... That is all I have said.

LOL. Put that pipe down.

naps
10-24-2016, 09:31 AM
however, it's obvious that Kentucky playing Towns 20 mpg, and sticking him in the low block, covered up what he was capable of. If people knew Towns was what he has been in the NBA so far, he would be the #1 pick in nearly any draft over the past 15 years, outside the LeBron draft.

Who would people pick after year one? Blake Griffin or Towns? (Assuming we know nothing about Griffin after his rookie year and onwards). I say Griffin. He had one the most legendary rookie seasons ever, statistically.

SeoulBeatz
10-24-2016, 10:11 AM
For those saying they wouldn't trade Embiid straight up for Towns RIGHT NOW, you're on something. Towns has the potential to be the best big in the league. As I stated in another thread, I think he could cement himself as the best C THIS season. You'd be stupid not to trade an injury prone (potentially great) C for a healthy (already great) C.

That said, Embiid has massively impressed me this preseason. I expected nothing from him after 700+ days without playing a meaningful minute. Yet he has stepped in and showed that he can be a force both offensively and defensively. His game is very similar to Towns in that he can create in the post, stretch to three, and protect the paint.

Of course he has rust in his game; he's turning the ball over too much and taking low percentage shots when he could just post-up every play, but I don't mind, he's still working out the kinks in his game and applying the shooting touch/post-moves he's acquired over two years of rehab.

His health is a BIG FACTOR and I hold my breath every time I watch him play, but if he can stay healthy (big if) he has the potential to be a top-3 center in the game. Call it homerism, but the man is impressive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HLTPw687c

Hawkeye15
10-24-2016, 10:29 AM
Who would people pick after year one? Blake Griffin or Towns? (Assuming we know nothing about Griffin after his rookie year and onwards). I say Griffin. He had one the most legendary rookie seasons ever, statistically.

Good question. I would guess Towns, due to the potential on the defensive end. He is also a year younger at the same stage.

Hawkeye15
10-24-2016, 10:30 AM
I am excited to see Joel play though, hope he can stay healthy..

STRIKERC
10-24-2016, 11:02 AM
This thread is premature but Embiids talent level and future projection is insane.
I have seen video of him doing things physically that i don't think KAT is capable of. Being a former soccer and volleyball player helps.
I pray to the basketball gods to keep him healthy but I'm not trading him for KAT either if health isn't an issue.
I KAT looked impressive in his rookie season and all but i'm taking the 7'2" guy with a soccer player's footwork, and ability to do things 7'2" guys aren't usually capable of, WITHOUT the health concerns.

Hawkeye15
10-24-2016, 11:32 AM
why do people continue to pretend Embiid doesn't have health concerns. You can highlight "If healthy" a zillion times. He hasn't been.

TheDish87
10-24-2016, 11:41 AM
at the moment Embiid has no health concerns.

SeoulBeatz
10-24-2016, 11:46 AM
at the moment Embiid has no health concerns.

In regards to his recent injuries, sure, but if we're being honest he IS injury prone and I get nervous every time he falls down during a game. It would not be shocking to me if he gets hurt during the season, I almost expect that, but I hope that is not the case because he's looked damn good so far.

PhillyFaninLA
10-24-2016, 11:55 AM
why do people continue to pretend Embiid doesn't have health concerns. You can highlight "If healthy" a zillion times. He hasn't been.

I haven't seen one person pretend that.

Hawkeye15
10-24-2016, 12:00 PM
I haven't seen one person pretend that.

the "if healthy" stuff is getting comical though. Let the dude play, and STAY healthy.

Perhaps I poorly worded it, but this is a big man, with lower body injuries. That is a major concern for his future. Period.

TheDish87
10-24-2016, 12:22 PM
In regards to his recent injuries, sure, but if we're being honest he IS injury prone and I get nervous every time he falls down during a game. It would not be shocking to me if he gets hurt during the season, I almost expect that, but I hope that is not the case because he's looked damn good so far.

i mean hes had 2 injuries and his back hasnt been an issue since he recovered. I dont think he is injury prone right now, it was just a bad injury with an unfortunate set back.

IKnowHoops
10-24-2016, 12:42 PM
This is a funny thread.

I can understand 76ers fans not trading Embiid for KAT. Your heart is with Embiid and at 7'2 he has the potential to be something really special. I would add though, that I have not seen a player ever with KAT's size and skill set, and I think KAT has more potential than Embiid even if Embiid was never injured.

tredigs
10-24-2016, 02:24 PM
hah he did get one assist in the last game but it wasnt recorded but he tweeted the play out and it was legit lol. But yea our shooters sucked and the main focus was just to let him go to work and get that feel for the game back and just let him run wild doing his thing so he can get comfortable.I got to see most of his minutes. I thought he rushed shots and took forced shots too often. I just don't think he's very comfortable out there yet (understandably so), but that the assists may come with that experience (and better teammates). That said, it's clear that playmaking is not natural for him and that does in fact set his ceiling a bit lower. Reallly excited to see him on the court this year though, especially when Ben is back. Glad you guys get a chance to hopefully realize his clearly sky high potential.

TheDish87
10-24-2016, 02:52 PM
he seemed much more comfortable after the first 3 games, he was rushing most of his shots in those early games but then he did settle down a bit. Pre-season isnt important for 99% of players but JE falls into that 1% it mattered for, the scoring and rebounding numbers the last few games were nothing short of impressive given he hasnt even played 20 mins yet. My biggest take away was that he hit 3's and had no issue guarding/locking down Wall at the top of the key, really excited for Simmons to join him in Jan.

sixer04fan
10-24-2016, 09:43 PM
Like others have touched on, turnovers and foul trouble will def be his biggest concerns early on as he gets acclimated. 100% a concern. Especially with the way the Sixers are letting him play, with the training wheels off right away and featuring him with heavy usage for the minutes he's getting.

For those that say his beastly preseason stats don't matter, then I would say don't look at his stats. Watch the guy play. There's something special there. Stats or not.

FlashBolt
10-24-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm curious to see what Sixers do. I think Okafor will be a good player but he's a terrible rebounder and defender. Meanwhile, Noel is limited offensively but is incredibly versatile as a defender. Embiid is a great defender who has potential to be an offensive weapon. Kinda disappointing Simmons got injured. Pack this team with some shooters and they might have something going for them.

IKnowHoops
10-25-2016, 12:33 AM
I love the Sixers potential. Ben is one of my favorite rookies in a long time. They have so much young talent. Its all at two positions but once they make some moves after figuring out what they have, its going to be a young and talented team with a bright future.

FlashBolt
10-25-2016, 01:26 AM
I love the Sixers potential. Ben is one of my favorite rookies in a long time. They have so much young talent. Its all at two positions but once they make some moves after figuring out what they have, its going to be a young and talented team with a bright future.

Filled with injuries, though. That's their biggest issue.

sixer04fan
10-25-2016, 06:38 AM
I'm curious to see what Sixers do. I think Okafor will be a good player but he's a terrible rebounder and defender. Meanwhile, Noel is limited offensively but is incredibly versatile as a defender. Embiid is a great defender who has potential to be an offensive weapon. Kinda disappointing Simmons got injured. Pack this team with some shooters and they might have something going for them.

Getting a few great shooters and legit perimeter defenders would be night and day difference for us. Right now and for the last few years, both of those areas have been vacuums.

Interior offense/defense and the passing game is getting there with what we have.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Back before pre-draft on youtube highlights. Man I seen Hakeem dream shake and what not in Embiid. If Embiid can stay healthy skies the limit.

SeoulBeatz
10-26-2016, 02:55 PM

Yeah, there are still many questions in the frontcourt.

Noel has had a poor attitude throughout the offseason and has basically declared that he wants to be the odd man out. He's not helping his trade value so I don't expect a great return on him, but I think it's best to let him go asap.

An Embiid-Okafor frontcourt is not ideal, although it is doable since Embiid has demonstrated an ability to knockdown the 3 and could spread the floor for Okafor to do work in the paint. But honestly, I'd rather have Embiid down in the post because that's where he's MOST dangerous.

Might be smart to unload both Noel and Okafor (though the return will be minimal) since Richaun Holmes has stepped up and Saric is proving to be a a potential player at PF.

When Ben comes back I'd want him to run PG (and guard the opposing SF) while having a combo guard at SG and a shooter at SF.

Something along the lines of:

PG: Simmons
SG: Bayless
SF: Covington
PF: Saric
C: Embiid

would be my ideal lineup at the end of the year. Everyone on the court besides Simmons is a capable shooter and Simmons can do what he does best; drive the lane to take it strong or kick it out to the open man.

Shame we're cursed with injuries (blame Hinkie) but i'm willing to wait it out.

Aust
10-27-2016, 04:28 AM
I like what I'm hearing about his attitude. Sounds like a fun dude.

ewing
10-27-2016, 05:43 AM
he got up 16 shots in 22 mins

More-Than-Most
10-27-2016, 05:59 AM
Back before pre-draft on youtube highlights. Man I seen Hakeem dream shake and what not in Embiid. If Embiid can stay healthy skies the limit.

http://www.nba.com/games/20161026/OKCPHI#/video

did it tonight for his first points.

More-Than-Most
10-27-2016, 06:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LZVtXKqyGg

full embiid highlights.

Was fouled on at least 5 of his 16 shots that were misses... could have easily put up 25-30 in 22 minutes.

Forever35
10-27-2016, 07:09 AM
the "if healthy" stuff is getting comical though. Let the dude play, and STAY healthy.

Perhaps I poorly worded it, but this is a big man, with lower body injuries. That is a major concern for his future. Period.

Agreed...

He's missed 2 full seasons, so IMO if he can give Philly 2 full seasons they should be happy...

ewing
10-27-2016, 09:01 AM

full embiid highlights.

Was fouled on at least 5 of his 16 shots that were misses... could have easily put up 25-30 in 22 minutes.

got to admit, pretty impressive highlights

D-Leethal
10-27-2016, 09:39 AM
Guy is what Greg Oden was supposed to be. Unfortunately will end up like Greg Oden did. Seems like a real cool personality - hope he sticks.

Okafor looked pissed on the bench in crunch time tho.

warfelg
10-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Guy is what Greg Oden was supposed to be. Unfortunately will end up like Greg Oden did. Seems like a real cool personality - hope he sticks.

He was on a 14 minute restriction and played 17 at the time (Okafor that is). So he wasn't going back in.

That play Henderson hit the deck on was working the ball to Embiid, and lots of guys were pissed (1) a foul wasn't called and (2) Embiid didn't get it.

D-Leethal
10-27-2016, 10:06 AM
He was on a 14 minute restriction and played 17 at the time (Okafor that is). So he wasn't going back in.

That play Henderson hit the deck on was working the ball to Embiid, and lots of guys were pissed (1) a foul wasn't called and (2) Embiid didn't get it.

Ok fair enough - didn't realize that about Oak. And Noel is hurt? Do you see Oak and Embiid getting PT together?

It's tough to say what to do for Philly, in a perfect world with perfect feet, legs, knees you trade both Noel and Oak and get guard and forward help and build around the next Hakeem in Embiid. But you can't bet all your bigs that Embiid stays healthy and you need some sort of insurance. But if he is healthy you are kind of wasting another mega big man talent.

warfelg
10-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Ok fair enough - didn't realize that about Oak. And Noel is hurt? Do you see Oak and Embiid getting PT together?

It's tough to say what to do for Philly, in a perfect world with perfect feet, legs, knees you trade both Noel and Oak and get guard and forward help and build around the next Hakeem in Embiid. But you can't bet all your bigs that Embiid stays healthy and you need some sort of insurance. But if he is healthy you are kind of wasting another mega big man talent.

Noel opted to have elective surgery on his knee. Out for 4-6 weeks.

Can't trade Okafor yet.

I was at last nights game with an all-access pass. I overheard Brown talking about playing them together, but can't while they are on a restriction because he won't be able to cover center minutes for the game.

Hawkeye15
10-27-2016, 10:11 AM

full embiid highlights.

look great in those highlights.

TheDish87
10-27-2016, 10:12 AM

EDIT: War beat me to it.

But there is no reason to think Embiid will end up like Oden, hes fully healthy now with no limitations, dude is a ****ing freak. If i recall right Odens legs werent even length and that really played a role in his injuries.

D-Leethal
10-27-2016, 10:16 AM
EDIT: War beat me to it.

But there is no reason to think Embiid will end up like Oden, hes fully healthy now with no limitations, dude is a ****ing freak. If i recall right Odens legs werent even length and that really played a role in his injuries.

Come on, there is plenty of reason to think he won't last. How many players miss their first 2 full seasons like he did? I hope he does honestly - he is a pleasure to watch. I love old school ball and the guy is hilarious.

You know how I learned to shoot? Embiid said. I watched white people. Just regular white people. They really put their elbow in and finish up top. You can find videos of them online.

ewing
10-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Come on, there is plenty of reason to think he won't last. How many players miss their first 2 full seasons like he did? I hope he does honestly - he is a pleasure to watch. I love old school ball and the guy is hilarious.

This guy gets it. I hate people on here telling me i couldn't shoot 75% from the line if i played against different comp. **** you i'd shoot 80% easy and 20 years ago i would have shot 90+.

warfelg
10-27-2016, 10:34 AM
I don't think he will be 100% fine.

But Big Z with Cleveland missed 2+ years with this same injury and then had minimal problems then on out.

I think why this isn't an Oden situation:
Oden' problem was his knee, and deteriorating cartilage like Bynum and Roy.

Scoots
10-27-2016, 11:46 AM
I don't think he will be 100% fine.

But Big Z with Cleveland missed 2+ years with this same injury and then had minimal problems then on out.

I think why this isn't an Oden situation:
Oden' problem was his knee, and deteriorating cartilage like Bynum and Roy.

Actually Zydrunas Ilgauskas had ongoing issues his whole career but was able to manage them enough to not miss significant numbers of games. But he had to do a lot of work daily to keep playing. But that is the norm for pro athletes ... they all have some ongoing issues, the question is are they able to manage them. Steph Curry has to do a lot of work to protect his weak ankles, but he's managed it to the point, like Big Z, that people have stopped talking about it.

nycericanguy
10-27-2016, 12:09 PM
i would love to see more old school bigs like Embid, and more post play. his moves in the post are fun to watch, makes you miss the old post play.

But really I would cringe at the thought of building a franchise around him. Just tough to imagine him staying healthy, such a big dude.

I was thinking how the game might be better if they removed the corner 3 ( better spacing, guys are always stepping out of bounds anyway trying to get that corner 3) and if they maybe moved back the rest of the 3pt line to 25 feet or so. The current line has just become too easy for players, you have guys like Embidd and even Brook Lopez now shooting 3's. Is that really what we want to watch? I want to see Lopez and Embid, and big men in general in the post, not shooting 3's.

SeoulBeatz
10-27-2016, 12:31 PM
i would love to see more old school bigs like Embid, and more post play. his moves in the post are fun to watch, makes you miss the old post play.

But really I would cringe at the thought of building a franchise around him. Just tough to imagine him staying healthy, such a big dude.

I was thinking how the game might be better if they removed the corner 3 ( better spacing, guys are always stepping out of bounds anyway trying to get that corner 3) and if they maybe moved back the rest of the 3pt line to 25 feet or so. The current line has just become too easy for players, you have guys like Embidd and even Brook Lopez now shooting 3's. Is that really what we want to watch?I want to see Lopez and Embid, and big men in general in the post, not shooting 3's.

The rest of the Sixer's roster begs to differ. :eyebrow:

IndyRealist
10-27-2016, 12:34 PM

I was thinking how the game might be better if they removed the corner 3 ( better spacing, guys are always stepping out of bounds anyway trying to get that corner 3) and if they maybe moved back the rest of the 3pt line to 25 feet or so. The current line has just become too easy for players, you have guys like Embidd and even Brook Lopez now shooting 3's. Is that really what we want to watch? I want to see Lopez and Embid, and big men in general in the post, not shooting 3's.

I would be just fine if we hit a new golden age of big men. But the way the rules are structured it is unlikely we'll see the game dominated by post ups again. Bigs need to be able to step out.

nycericanguy
10-27-2016, 12:34 PM
i mean teams go small now and basically put 5 wing players out there, Lakers have been running Randle at C, it's getting ridiculous.

It's more fun to see a variety of guys out there vs 5 wings all shooting 3's.

nycericanguy
10-27-2016, 12:35 PM
I would be just fine if we hit a new golden age of big men. But the way the rules are structured it is unlikely we'll see the game dominated by post ups again. Bigs need to be able to step out.

but we wont see that because bigs are being groomed to stretch the floor now. I dont want to see the game dominated by any one style, I think a better game is balanced and right now we are losing balance big time.

3pt shooting is a great skill, but its not the only skill i want to see, seeing Embid in the post brings back memories of how skilled some of these bigs in the post were, and how we dont see that hardly at all anymore.

meanwhile watching hte Nets & Knicks preseason last week I saw Brook freakin lopez stepping out and attempting 3's all game...

LoveCaliFan
10-27-2016, 12:42 PM
I've said, if he stays healthy, we will know how David Robinson played. He is a mold of D-Rob, but i also seen that "dream shake." I was like, "Is that Olajawon Robinson Embiid?" lol...He's good, real good!

SeoulBeatz
10-27-2016, 12:50 PM
i mean teams go small now and basically put 5 wing players out there, Lakers have been running Randle at C, it's getting ridiculous.

It's more fun to see a variety of guys out there vs 5 wings all shooting 3's.

Agreed.

And honestly, as we saw from Tuesday's GSW-SAS game, there's still a place for big men in this league. GS got SMOKED on the boards, i think it was 60-30 and 2nd change points 20-2 iirc.

They sacrificed Bogut (severely underrated), Ezeli, and Speights for Durant and Pachulia. They desperately need size in the paint, as they were exploited on the glass the entire game. Sure, Durant is tall and Green plays bigger than his size, but when it comes down to it you need that 7 footer down-low to gobble up rebounds and protect the paint.

LoveCaliFan
10-27-2016, 12:50 PM
The Spurs prove that small ball is a non factor if you can play smart, tough defense. The big man game will come back. But nothing wrong with a big shooting three's if they're open and they can hit those shots. The next style of fashion for bball will be a more balanced big man around shooters. Embiid is the start....

SeoulBeatz
10-27-2016, 01:07 PM
The Spurs prove that small ball is a non factor if you can play smart, tough defense. The big man game will come back. But nothing wrong with a big shooting three's if they're open and they can hit those shots. The next style of fashion for bball will be a more balanced big man around shooters. Embiid is the start....

Exactly.

The fact that bigs like KAT and Embiid can step out to three only ADDS to their arsenal. That ability opens up the paint for them if they choose to pump and drive the lane.

IndyRealist
10-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Agreed.

And honestly, as we saw from Tuesday's GSW-SAS game, there's still a place for big men in this league. GS got SMOKED on the boards, i think it was 60-30 and 2nd change points 20-2 iirc.

They sacrificed Bogut (severely underrated), Ezeli, and Speights for Durant and Pachulia. They desperately need size in the paint, as they were exploited on the glass the entire game. Sure, Durant is tall and Green plays bigger than his size, but when it comes down to it you need that 7 footer down-low to gobble up rebounds and protect the paint.

I dunno that the GSW moves are related to smallball. Those players were let go for cap reasons, not for a stylistic change.

LoveCaliFan
10-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Exactly.

The fact that bigs like KAT and Embiid can step out to three only ADDS to their arsenal. That ability opens up the paint for them if they choose to pump and drive the lane.

yep. It's exciting getting a big with all skills. Even the ol school centers could shoot, but it wasn't known because of scheme's. It's just now getting noticed the last few years. But i'd take a do it everything center than just one that can shoot. Ewing, D-Rob, Olajawon, Mourning, Sabonis, Illgauskas, Divac, etc. I'd bet they all would still dominate with how versitile they were. There are more names that easily would put a hush to small ball.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Most would do it... I wouldnt. I am Bias and loved Embiid even before the sixers drafted him... His skill set is ridiculous... I would do it just because of Embiids injuries probably but if both were fully healthy Id go Embiid.

When people were talking about him being drafted I stated he was the next Lebron James type cant miss talent... I still believe that even now... Id take him over everyone drafted since Lebron without knowing the results of how people like AD have emerged.

Yosef... you are crazy.

Cracka2HI!
10-27-2016, 10:40 PM
This kid looks amazing. I can't remember the last guy I've seen a young player that impressive. I'm really rooting for him to stay healthy!

PurpleLynch
10-28-2016, 09:18 AM
I remember when two years ago I saw him for the first time playing and he reminded me of Olajuwon. If he can stay healthy,watch out,he's a rare and pure talent.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-28-2016, 10:42 AM
I remember when I said Embiid doing the dream shake on youtube in games. People thought I was crazy when I posted it.

IKnowHoops
10-28-2016, 01:14 PM
I've said, if he stays healthy, we will know how David Robinson played. He is a mold of D-Rob, but i also seen that "dream shake." I was like, "Is that Olajawon Robinson Embiid?" lol...He's good, real good!

I think he's gonna be a great player, but he doesn't have Drob athletic ability. He's probably directly in between Drob and Tim Duncan when it comes to athletic ability. Drob moved like Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis and Drob have the same athletic ability. Rob was just two inches taller and a couple inches longer wingspan. But AD and Drob both had the same thing happen to them. Both were like 6'2 and then grew 10 inches in college in a year, and thats why they both played and moved like SG's

IKnowHoops
10-28-2016, 01:18 PM
yep. It's exciting getting a big with all skills. Even the ol school centers could shoot, but it wasn't known because of scheme's. It's just now getting noticed the last few years. But i'd take a do it everything center than just one that can shoot.
Ewing, D-Rob, Olajawon, Mourning, Sabonis, Illgauskas, Divac, etc. I'd bet they all would still dominate with how versitile they were. There are more names that easily would put a hush to small ball.

These three would annihilate the NBA. In there prime they would be top 5 in MVP voting every year, and David and Dream would both win it a few years in todays NBA. These guys were competing against Jordan/Shaq/Malone/Barkley and still winning MVP's, albeit Drob and Dream won there's when Jordan was out...lol.

IKnowHoops
10-28-2016, 01:22 PM
And obviously Shaq would destroy the Warriors small ball lineup...or anyone's small ball lineup. If you played small ball against Shaq you would loose for sure.

LoveCaliFan
10-28-2016, 03:42 PM
I think he's gonna be a great player, but he doesn't have Drob athletic ability. He's probably directly in between Drob and Tim Duncan when it comes to athletic ability. Drob moved like Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis and Drob have the same athletic ability. Rob was just two inches taller and a couple inches longer wingspan. But AD and Drob both had the same thing happen to them. Both were like 6'2 and then grew 10 inches in college in a year, and thats why they both played and moved like SG's

didn't embiid dtart out as a guard or am i trippin. I might be thinking of somene else. Embiid is more athletic than he looks. Imo, we'll see it later in the season when he should be more aggressive. I think he don't want to over do it. But he's a freak athlete.

warfelg
10-28-2016, 03:46 PM
didn't embiid dtart out as a guard or am i trippin. I might be thinking of somene else. Embiid is more athletic than he looks. Imo, we'll see it later in the season when he should be more aggressive. I think he don't want to over do it. But he's a freak athlete.

That's AD that started as a guard.

LoveCaliFan
10-28-2016, 04:06 PM
These three would annihilate the NBA. In there prime they would be top 5 in MVP voting every year, and David and Dream would both win it a few years in todays NBA. These guys were competing against Jordan/Shaq/Malone/Barkley and still winning MVP's, albeit Drob and Dream won there's when Jordan was out...lol.

The balanced big man is coming back though.

Davis, Towns, Porzingis, Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Embiid, etc. There's a few more, but imo they're coming back to the light. I can just imagine the Spurs winning the ship and everyone going back to 2 bigs down low. But both bigs will be balanced. Yep, i can see the light. I'm tired of all these darn three's..lol.. If Harry Giles stays health, he could be next on this list in a couple of years.

The next wave of guards, i can guarantee will be tall, athletic playmakers who can get triple doubles. I see the future. It will be

PG- Playmaker, scorer
SG- Versitile, athletic scorer
SF- Versitile, athletic 3&D
PF- Balanced OFF & DEF, Athletic
C- Balanced OFF & DEF, Athletic

Yea, i can see the "Big man" game coming back

LoveCaliFan
10-28-2016, 04:14 PM
That's AD that started as a guard.

There was a couple more i believe. Shaq was one also in Germany and i'd have to search for who else...TBD

PurpleJesus
10-29-2016, 03:12 AM
There was a couple more i believe. Shaq was one also in Germany and i'd have to search for who else...TBD

haha, what? No. Shaq was never a guard, let alone in Germany.

LoveCaliFan
10-29-2016, 09:45 AM
haha, what? No. Shaq was never a guard, let alone in Germany.

He said when he was being recruited as a teenager, he was a guard. Look it up!

ewing
10-29-2016, 10:28 AM

He is no where near as athletic as D Rob but he already has better footwork and ball skills.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-29-2016, 07:05 PM
I really hope Embiid can stay healthy.

More-Than-Most
10-29-2016, 07:36 PM
was amazing against dwight today... The sixers not so much... Embiid got called for 3 fouls that werent fouls and one was a clean block lol... Howard was also called for 2 fouls that werent fouls to be fair.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/10/29/13465714/nba-video-76ers-joel-embiid-blocked-dwight-howard

Made dwight his ***** in this video.

There was another play with them putting Embiid and Oka on the floor at the same time... OKA went inside and Embiid stayed outside... They went to double OKA and embiid went behind the 3 and it was passed out to him with millsap jumping out on him only for embiid to fake him and go by him and lay it up with ease... This is a 7 foot 2 dude that just made a guard like play. I will try and find the video. It was amazing

cmellofan15
10-30-2016, 02:17 AM
Made Dwight his *****? Lmao he was playing help D and swatted an underhanded lay up...

More-Than-Most
10-30-2016, 03:15 AM
Made Dwight his *****? Lmao he was playing help D and swatted an underhanded lay up...

when have you seen DHoward do an underhanded lay up? He was scared my man.... SCARED... I cant blame him.. Being around that kind of pressure... The pressure of a god... Dwight was forced into an underhanded lay up thus embiid made dwight his *****... LOOK AT THE FEAR.

nycericanguy
10-30-2016, 09:14 AM
lol dwight has made that move many times man... I get it tho you're excited about Embid

JAZZNC
10-30-2016, 09:29 AM
when have you seen DHoward do an underhanded lay up? He was scared my man.... SCARED... I cant blame him.. Being around that kind of pressure... The pressure of a god... Dwight was forced into an underhanded lay up thus embiid made dwight his *****... LOOK AT THE FEAR.

Serious question, is it difficult removing all the Embiid pubes stuck in your teeth?

A God?? You're about as bad, if not worse than that Brewer guy. Pump the breaks a little and let's see him play at least till the All Star break before we start with God talk.

GiantsSwaGG
10-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Serious question, is it difficult removing all the Embiid pubes stuck in your teeth?

A God?? You're about as bad, if not worse than that Brewer guy. Pump the breaks a little and let's see him play at least till the All Star break before we start with God talk.

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
11-04-2016, 08:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/patrick-ewing-fawns-over-joel-embiid-the-most-talented-center-in-the-league-184020373.html

BUT YO... When I say it I am an idiot or get laughed at or say I should calm down... Never once said he will be the best but AGAIN... There is nobody as talented as this guy since Lebron ****ing James... WHEN THEY WERE DRAFTED

Ewing told Clifford that Embiid could very well be the most talented center in the league.
And if you know Patrick, especially at that position, he doesnt say stuff like that, Clifford said. I mean, he can shoot. He can put the ball on the floor. He can pass. Hes got a feel for the game. Hes got toughness, size, and strength.
Hes got exceptional ability. Im glad that he played last night. [Jahlil] Okafor is hard enough. We dont need them both.

Joel Embiid, through three games, is working at 17.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.7 blocks and 1.3 assists in just 21 minutes of action per contest. Statistically, when he is on the court, the Sixers are one of the NBAs most fearsome defensive outfits. His ability to roam and somehow stay settled, at 7-feet tall and after just 63 official minutes of NBA action, is borderline astonishing.

On top of this he has gotten no calls that were clear as day fouls and other sixer fans can back me up on this... He also should have a few more assists but our shooters suck *** and he has had 2 blocks taken away from him on bogus fouls.

ewing
11-04-2016, 10:22 PM
And obviously Shaq would destroy the Warriors small ball lineup...or anyone's small ball lineup. If you played small ball against Shaq you would loose for sure.

you think Shaq would be good?

More-Than-Most
11-06-2016, 03:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38avfU_Tv1k

What else needs to be said

The process just Lebroned Lebron

More-Than-Most
11-06-2016, 03:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCOItCbUQI

Full highlights of cavs vs Sixers

6:46 mark my man shooting 3s like curry and the house is on fire.

Lakers + Giants
11-06-2016, 03:45 AM

not even trying to be a party pooper, but thats a CLEAR goaltend. hit the backboard first..

More-Than-Most
11-06-2016, 03:56 AM
not even trying to be a party pooper, but thats a CLEAR goaltend. hit the backboard first..

sorry I dont know what you are talking about.. Shoo lol

Alayla
11-06-2016, 08:23 AM

Right.

Bruno
11-08-2016, 04:23 PM
https://streamable.com/2w9z

Hakeem overlay, must watch.

SeoulBeatz
11-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Right.

lol it was though.... still love it.

SeoulBeatz
11-08-2016, 04:38 PM

welp, gonna have to change the sig again.

Bruno
11-08-2016, 04:53 PM
welp, gonna have to change the sig again.

if you did and kept it for years i dont think anyone would blame you.

Squad13
11-08-2016, 06:16 PM

Even more impressive since it was against an all world defender in Jeff "Stone Wall" Withey

More-Than-Most
11-08-2016, 09:01 PM

that is ****ing amazing

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 10:55 PM
THE GOAT PROCESS :bow:

sixer04fan
11-11-2016, 10:57 PM
He embarrassed Myles Turner tonight. Flat out embarrassed him. Really no other way to say it

kdspurman
11-11-2016, 11:10 PM

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 11:16 PM

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

More-Than-Most
11-11-2016, 11:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_7Z-Yfqhe8

Already have the highlights up... 16 points in the 4th and overtime where he only played like 8 minutes

ewing
11-11-2016, 11:29 PM
i've only really only seen highlights but he makes **** real easy. He never looks like he is rushing

NYKnickFanatic
11-11-2016, 11:37 PM

Already have the highlights up... 16 points in the 4th and overtime where he only played like 8 minutes

Need to watch him live. Any national games coming up?

Chronz
11-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Even more impressive since it was against an all world defender in Jeff "Stone Wall" Withey
Lmfao. No joke. Word for Word what my roommate said when i showed him

sixer04fan
11-11-2016, 11:53 PM
Need to watch him live. Any national games coming up?

Lol. We don't get many national games... But yeah. We're actually playing the Timberwolves on 11/17 and the Lakers on 12/16. Both on ESPN I think (but maybe TNT). Should be some good young talent on display from all those teams. Man I wish Simmons was healthy.

Playing Houston 11/14 on NBATV as well.

sixer04fan
11-12-2016, 12:17 AM
i've only really only seen highlights but he makes **** real easy. He never looks like he is rushing

He grew up playing volleyball and soccer his whole life. I think that really shows the kind of fluid athlete he naturally is even as a 7'2" man child. Really evident with his coordination and footwork compared anyone else his size. That why he makes it look so easy.

He really didn't start playing basketball seriously until late 2011. Then you consider the fact he's missed 2 years and only played like 20 games at Kansas. He's only been playing organized basketball for like a two and a half years lol. Is that math right? I think so.

NYKnickFanatic
11-12-2016, 12:17 AM
Lol. We don't get many national games... But yeah. We're actually playing the Timberwolves on 11/17 and the Lakers on 12/16. Both on ESPN I think (but maybe TNT). Should be some good young talent on display from all those teams. Man I wish Simmons was healthy.

Playing Houston 11/14 on NBATV as well.

Yeah, those should be some fun games to watch, definitely have to check them out.

When is Simmons scheduled to return?

sixer04fan
11-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Lmfao. No joke. Word for Word what my roommate said when i showed him

Ehh... Whenever any good player puts up a sick highlight people generally don't discredit it because of the defender.

"Sick hammer dunk by Westbrook! Oh wait, nevermind. I'm only impressed when he dunks on elite defenders." That doesn't happen. Don't be a hypocrite. Kind of makes you look petty (your roommate, not you).

A month ago people were brushing his highlights off because they were just training videos in an empty gym. Now he's doing the same thing against NBA players. Tonight he embarrassed Myles Turner.

Statistically he's averaging 19/7 and 2 blocks per game with a minutes restriction at 22 mpg. Per 36 he's averaging 31/11/4 blocks. The longer the sample size goes on for, the more he's been sustaining impressive numbers, the more impressive he looks.

sixer04fan
11-12-2016, 12:26 AM
Yeah, those should be some fun games to watch, definitely have to check them out.

When is Simmons scheduled to return?

I think January. But the Sixers will be cautious to the extreme. You'll probably see minutes restrictions for him like the are doing for Embiid and Okafor. When you're talking about potential franchise players (hopefully), you don't want to mess around with a Jones fracture, even if it is an acute fracture as opposed to a stress fracture. Gotta keep focused on the long term 10-15 year career hopefully.

D-Leethal
11-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Mad respect for this guy, on and off the court. I hope he stays healthy.

NYKnickFanatic
11-12-2016, 01:25 AM
I think January. But the Sixers will be cautious to the extreme. You'll probably see minutes restrictions for him like the are doing for Embiid and Okafor. When you're talking about potential franchise players (hopefully), you don't want to mess around with a Jones fracture, even if it is an acute fracture as opposed to a stress fracture. Gotta keep focused on the long term 10-15 year career hopefully.

Yeah, they'd be smart to put him on minutes restrictions. Do you think Embiid and Okafor can play together? Or if Embiid continues his progression, do you trade Okafor for a guard or something?

More-Than-Most
11-12-2016, 01:54 AM
Nobody would listen to me... Been on this guys junk for years... Imagine the Cavs with this dude right now with Lebron James and Kyrie... I thought the cavs should have taken him... Next up.. Watch out for Markelle Fultz... Everyone is on the JJ ban wagon and he is gonna be very good as well but Fultz is sex.

More-Than-Most
11-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Yeah, they'd be smart to put him on minutes restrictions. Do you think Embiid and Okafor can play together? Or if Embiid continues his progression, do you trade Okafor for a guard or something?

they have been some but not alot and it has its merits because Embiid can shoot and drive from anywhere really... Embiid gets doubled alot... With Oka in there you cant double both so that leaves embiid to do his thing... I myself would only be a fan of this early in games when you are trying to bully small teams... Oka and Embiid can work because OKA has the mentality for it... He wont mind coming off the bench... Imagine dealing with Embiid as a starter and when he leaves Oka coming in fresh against teams bench players and or tired players late... I would rather keep OKA over Noel even though Noel fits better because Noel is going to get 125 plus mill next season and because OKA has much more potential.

More-Than-Most
11-12-2016, 02:06 AM
I got called a dick and a moron by some sixer fans because of some notion that I wanted to say I told people so... Never once was it about that... Lebron James was as sure of a thing as there was and I wasnt following basketball outside of NBA much then but after lebron I dug in and started following as much as possible... I never cared about being right... Embiid could get hurt and its null and void but the reason I hung on Embiid junk is because I have never seen a player with his potential outside of lebron James... And this was a player who never really played basketball and came in and dominated.

Nobody has the Embiid skill set and size... Brown said it tonight best... What you are seeing from Embiid now is nothing compared to what you will see come the all star break when he actually has his legs under him and his feet are quicker... He still isnt even in game shape and he is making all nba players look like fools... This isnt because he is a sixer... This is because the NBA has yet another talent but this talent if it reaches its full potential and stays healthy could be a modern day Dream or better...

Really think about what we have currently.... Embiid/Oka/Towns/Porz/Gobert/Whiteside/Drummon/Cousins/Noel... These guys are all young and have insane talent... Some like Whiteside/Gobert/OKA have that talent on one side of the ball where others like Cousins/Porz/Embiid/Towns/Drum have insane 2 way potential... The NBA is ****ing insane and it will only get better.

More-Than-Most
11-12-2016, 02:21 AM

The 2 minute 5 second mark... IM PLAYING xD my god the heart... 0-6 and I AM ****ING PLAYING

sixer04fan
11-12-2016, 03:01 AM

They can play together some but I'm hoping for the latter scenario personally. The team will just be so much better off with more roster balance and more perimeter shooters to complement Embiid/Simmons. Yes, Embiid can stretch the floor with some nice touch, but clearly his greatest potential is to be a dominant in the post.

I'm hoping that Embiid can prove himself at some point to no longer be an injury risk. Idk how or when that would happen, just hoping. And I'm actually hoping that makes Okafor and Noel irrelevant (because hopefully Embiid will be so much better than them). Then we could trade Okafor/Noel for equal value at the guard positions for guys who can shoot. Again, that's just the most ideal scenario in my opinion. Who knows how it'll pan out.

NYKnickFanatic
11-12-2016, 03:03 AM
they have been some but not alot and it has its merits because Embiid can shoot and drive from anywhere really... Embiid gets doubled alot... With Oka in there you cant double both so that leaves embiid to do his thing... I myself would only be a fan of this early in games when you are trying to bully small teams... Oka and Embiid can work because OKA has the mentality for it... He wont mind coming off the bench... Imagine dealing with Embiid as a starter and when he leaves Oka coming in fresh against teams bench players and or tired players late... I would rather keep OKA over Noel even though Noel fits better because Noel is going to get 125 plus mill next season and because OKA has much more potential.

That would be nice for the Sixers and tough for teams to deal with that. How do Okafor and Embiid looking playing together at the same time, if they ever do?

IndyRealist
11-12-2016, 09:45 AM
As a Pacers fan, I'm embarrassed for Myles Turner. Most young guys have rough games like this, but it's usually against a "vet", not someone who's technically a rookie.

warfelg
11-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Bend over NBA. Embiid is coming for you.

JAZZNC
11-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Well since that was a goal tending violation that wasn't called correctly who the **** cares!?!?

TheDish87
11-12-2016, 02:10 PM
man you hate the Sixers dont you?

Chronz
11-12-2016, 06:28 PM
Ehh... Whenever any good player puts up a sick highlight people generally don't discredit it because of the defender.

"Sick hammer dunk by Westbrook! Oh wait, nevermind. I'm only impressed when he dunks on elite defenders." That doesn't happen. Don't be a hypocrite. Kind of makes you look petty (your roommate, not you).

A month ago people were brushing his highlights off because they were just training videos in an empty gym. Now he's doing the same thing against NBA players. Tonight he embarrassed Myles Turner.

Statistically he's averaging 19/7 and 2 blocks per game with a minutes restriction at 22 mpg. Per 36 he's averaging 31/11/4 blocks. The longer the sample size goes on for, the more he's been sustaining impressive numbers, the more impressive he looks.

Just poking fun at a great move. You gotta admit that the poster is defined by the dunker AND the shot blocker. In this case it's Still a great showcase of his footwork

More-Than-Most
11-12-2016, 06:48 PM
man you hate the Sixers dont you?

Happens... No need to worry about it... When in doubt just reread the first few pages and lick the tears.

sixer04fan
11-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Because they are still prohibiting him from playing in back-to-backs, Embiid is resting tonight and will be going up against Towns tomorrow on TNT. Can't wait to see that match up. Hopefully they put on a show.

PhillyFaninLA
11-16-2016, 01:42 PM

Thing that amazes me is watching him and then watching Okafor and most other guys on the floor, he looks so much better. Even offensively watching him then Okafor makes me realize just how special Embiid may and hopefully will be for us, Okafor looks pedestrian after watching Embiid (when Embiid comes out and Okafor is in for him)

SeoulBeatz
11-16-2016, 01:54 PM
Because they are still prohibiting him from playing in back-to-backs, Embiid is resting tonight and will be going up against Towns tomorrow on TNT. Can't wait to see that match up. Hopefully they put on a show.

Love that move. Sixer's could be the worst team ever featured on a TNT game in recent memory haha. They were obviously expecting Simmons to be playing and have it as a battle of the youngins, but sadly that's not the case. Prediction Wolves over Sixers 101-89.

PS: you're gonna have to change that sig soon, or put X's over Nerlens and Jah's face :/

SeoulBeatz
11-16-2016, 01:58 PM
Thing that amazes me is watching him and then watching Okafor and most other guys on the floor, he looks so much better. Even offensively watching him then Okafor makes me realize just how special Embiid may and hopefully will be for us, Okafor looks pedestrian after watching Embiid (when Embiid comes out and Okafor is in for him)

The size/talent difference is glaring, Embiid makes Okafor look so small and out of shape. Doesn't help that last game Embiid had a +6 while leaving the game, Okafor goes in and goes -17. I know he's coming off an injury, but his lack of awareness on defense really irks me. The effort is there, he just has 0 awareness of where to be.

sixer04fan
11-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Love that move. Sixer's could be the worst team ever featured on a TNT game in recent memory haha. They were obviously expecting Simmons to be playing and have it as a battle of the youngins, but sadly that's not the case. Prediction Wolves over Sixers 101-89.

PS: you're gonna have to change that sig soon, or put X's over Nerlens and Jah's face :/

Yeah. Made this sig in the offseason and it already feels outdated. I gotta get Dario in there anyways

TheDish87
11-16-2016, 02:21 PM
because they are still prohibiting him from playing in back-to-backs, embiid is resting tonight and will be going up against towns tomorrow on tnt. Can't wait to see that match up. Hopefully they put on a show.

hype!

Hawkeye15
11-18-2016, 10:32 AM
saw him for the first time last night. He has a lot of skills, very talented. But he is sloooooooow, and looks like he just won't hold up. Anytime anything happens, he is on the ground. I just don't see his body holding up. I hope I am wrong.

Also, he whines way too much for a player who has seen 10 games in his pro life. He literally flailed and *****ed at every whistle.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-18-2016, 11:46 AM
After watching last night, I'd be shocked if he didnt get hurt again. Every single time he goes down, which seemed to happen a decent amount last night, it didnt look good. I hope he stays healthy, because I would love an influx of talented big men into the league.

Towns is a beast though, that dunk yesterday was out of control

TheDish87
11-18-2016, 12:07 PM
saw him for the first time last night. He has a lot of skills, very talented. But he is sloooooooow, and looks like he just won't hold up. Anytime anything happens, he is on the ground. I just don't see his body holding up. I hope I am wrong.

Also, he whines way too much for a player who has seen 10 games in his pro life. He literally flailed and *****ed at every whistle.

did you expect a guy of that size to be super fast? He goes down a lot yet bounces up every time so im not sure how you think his body wont hold up. Also hes not nearly as slow as you make it out to be, i think the tweaking of his ankle slowed him down a bit.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2016, 12:18 PM
did you expect a guy of that size to be super fast? He goes down a lot yet bounces up every time so im not sure how you think his body wont hold up. Also hes not nearly as slow as you make it out to be, i think the tweaking of his ankle slowed him down a bit.

he plods is what I mean. But then he recovers well when needed.

He just looks like he won't hold up. Not sure what else to tell you. Grace is not a synonym for Joel. I sure hope he does, you can see the skillset is there.

And to touch on what I said before, can he please stop whining and flailing?

SeoulBeatz
11-18-2016, 12:19 PM

Yeah yesterday he had a couple close calls when he went down. Hasn't really tumbled like that too much throughout the season and he definitely wasn't 100% for the rest of the game (hence why he looked slower than usual) Glad to see he finished it out though and he will be playing tomorrow night.

Great learning experience for him to go against a big like KAT although Dieng was guarding him for most of the game. Easily Jojo's worst performance of the season with only 10 points and 10 rebounds while KAT got 25 and 10 and got him with that pump-fake and dunk. Minny's pressure definitely got to him and he has to learn how to handle double teams better.

One positive I'll take from the game is how emotionally invested Embiid is in the game. You could tell losing really irked him and he was calling out his teammates who had an utter lack of urgency.

Which brings me to my final point, Okafor... please stop being a lazy **** and box somebody out and guard you're man for the love of god. You'd think that seeing KAT dominate out there would light a fire under his *** but he looks utterly disinterested.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2016, 12:21 PM
Yeah yesterday he had a couple close calls when he went down. Hasn't really tumbled like that too much throughout the season and he definitely wasn't 100% for the rest of the game (hence why he looked slower than usual) Glad to see he finished it out though and he will be playing tomorrow night.

Great learning experience for him to go against a big like KAT although Dieng was guarding him for most of the game. Easily Jojo's worst performance of the season with only 10 points and 10 rebounds while KAT got 25 and 10 and got him with that pump-fake and dunk. Minny's pressure definitely got to him and he has to learn how to handle double teams better.

One positive I'll take from the game is how emotionally invested Embiid is in the game. You could tell losing really irked him and he was calling out his teammates who had an utter lack of urgency.

Which brings me to my final point, Okafor... please stop being a lazy **** and box somebody out and guard you're man for the love of god. You'd think that seeing KAT dominate out there would light a fire under his *** but he looks utterly disinterested.

agree with that. I hope the kid stays healthy, I just am worried he won't. You can see his skill level. He made a pass off the bounce that few bigs can throw early in the game, and he can clearly score with either hand. KAT ate his lunch, but that is expected this early.

Yeah dude, wtf is with Okafor? He is such a non-factor. Like he could care less

SeoulBeatz
11-18-2016, 12:25 PM
he plods is what I mean. But then he recovers well when needed.

He just looks like he won't hold up. Not sure what else to tell you. Grace is not a synonym for Joel. I sure hope he does, you can see the skillset is there.

And to touch on what I said before, can he please stop whining and flailing?

I think he just got frustrated by Minny's defense last night. Haven't seen as much whining and tumbling from him as I saw yesterday, that said, he's a very emotional player and he shows it both positively and negatively.

The last straw from him was when Payne swung him down and then tossed the ball at Jojo when he wasn't looking (which he deservedly got T'd up for). I'd expect any player to be upset at that so I'm fine with "whining" in those scenarios.

SeoulBeatz
11-18-2016, 12:33 PM
agree with that. I hope the kid stays healthy, I just am worried he won't. You can see his skill level. He made a pass off the bounce that few bigs can throw early in the game, and he can clearly score with either hand. KAT ate his lunch, but that is expected this early.

Yeah dude, wtf is with Okafor? He is such a non-factor. Like he could care less

Yeah, I think Okafor is shook by Embiid's presence. Like how much the fans have embraced Jojo, I honestly think Jah's jealous and has mentally checked-out. He misses so many defensive rotations and just doesn't box out his man, ever. I don't know whether that comes down to coaching or lack of awareness but something needs to change.

I think Richaun Holmes deserves to take Jah's minutes until he sorts his **** out. Love what I see out of Holmes everytime he's on the court and I think he has more to contribute to this team (athleticism, rebounding, shot-blocking) than Jah (post-scoring and....) atm.

TheDish87
11-18-2016, 12:38 PM
i swear Okafor cares and plays 100% one game and looks solid (on both ends) and the next 1-2 goes into hiding like he could care less. Maybe it is the Embiid factor but i dont buy that just yet.

Hawkeye15
11-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I think Okafor is shook by Embiid's presence. Like how much the fans have embraced Jojo, I honestly think Jah's jealous and has mentally checked-out. He misses so many defensive rotations and just doesn't box out his man, ever. I don't know whether that comes down to coaching or lack of awareness but something needs to change.

I think Richaun Holmes deserves to take Jah's minutes until he sorts his **** out. Love what I see out of Holmes everytime he's on the court and I think he has more to contribute to this team (athleticism, rebounding, shot-blocking) than Jah (post-scoring and....) atm.

regarding the boxing out, I constantly whine about Towns/Wiggins not boxing out. Really young players like Towns/Wiggins/Okafor/Embiid, dominated on talent alone when it came to things like rebounding. It's why we see the one and done era producing talent, but lacking fundamentals. I swear to god, 5 times a game, I am yelling at my screen, because Towns won't find a ****ing body and block it out when the shot goes up. Wiggins is even worse. Thib's will take care of that, but young players make stupid mistakes, is what it is.

warfelg
11-18-2016, 12:49 PM
i swear Okafor cares and plays 100% one game and looks solid (on both ends) and the next 1-2 goes into hiding like he could care less. Maybe it is the Embiid factor but i dont buy that just yet.

I just think that we're seeing the true Jahlil. If he thinks he can get his, he's invested. If the defense actually defends him he's a terrible chucker.

I said it when we draft him and he's proving me true: he's a 6'11" Carmelo Anthony.

SeoulBeatz
11-18-2016, 12:56 PM
I just think that we're seeing the true Jahlil. If he thinks he can get his, he's invested. If the defense actually defends him he's a terrible chucker.

I said it when we draft him and he's proving me true: he's a 6'11" Carmelo Anthony.

A 6'11" Anthony would be amazing.

TheDish87
11-18-2016, 01:49 PM
i dont think there is an issue when guys try to D up on Okafor, he still beats them and he did it early last night with that sick one hand drive and finish for an and-1. I dont know what it is but its not going to be much longer til i lose my patience.

ewing
11-18-2016, 02:18 PM
I tried to watch. I couldn't. Awful game p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
11-18-2016, 03:10 PM

That's been the criticism of him. He brings great post scoring but is a huge liability pretty much everywhere else. That's why despite that one special skill no one views him as a franchise player and no one came with a big offer despite PHI begging anyone to.

SeoulBeatz
11-18-2016, 03:52 PM
That's been the criticism of him. He brings great post scoring but is a huge liability pretty much everywhere else. That's why despite that one special skill no one views him as a franchise player and no one came with a big offer despite PHI begging anyone to.

Yup. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to see him play well, but he has seemingly regressed from last season.

Counting the days until Simmons can play.

IKnowHoops
11-18-2016, 11:20 PM

LOL...You wish

IKnowHoops
11-18-2016, 11:24 PM
Yup. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to see him play well, but he has seemingly regressed from last season.

Counting the days until Simmons can play.

Yeah I think Oak's problem is mental. Embed mania has messed with his head. He's all up in his feelings.

warfelg
11-18-2016, 11:46 PM
Yeah I think Oak's problem is mental. Embed mania has messed with his head. He's all up in his feelings.

He was like this last year too. He just doesn't give two ***** unless he can easily score.

More-Than-Most
11-20-2016, 12:15 AM
Goat

More-Than-Most
11-20-2016, 12:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XQv6I6cY1c

highlights from a flat out ridiculous night from the god

ewing
11-20-2016, 11:49 AM
when are they taking the training wheels off MTM?

More-Than-Most
11-20-2016, 05:30 PM

They say they will visit the minute restriction after christmas... With our organization probably not for 2 years lol.

The thing that bothers me is hes healthy... Playing or not playing isnt going to do anything because its fully healed.

More-Than-Most
11-21-2016, 11:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5kYmvQ_DyE

Embiid highlights against the heat and how he put the hammer down on Whiteside.

Dade County
11-22-2016, 01:29 AM
Whiteside was unstoppable against 6'ers bigs...

33min 32pts...2blks, 13reb.

Just the 5 personal fouls really handcuffs him.

& for the people wanting embid to play more minutes, you have to factor in foul calls in your 36per.

Whiteside could have had 40 tonight if ot wasn't for him being in foul trouble. Embid played very good as well.

Game... https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=6OfLRqkFaUc

Dade County
11-22-2016, 01:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5kYmvQ_DyE

Embiid highlights against the heat and how he put the hammer down on Whiteside.

Whiteside Highlights against 6'ers & how he put the hammer down on Embid & the other big men...

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=tbuRVBDXFdc

32pts in 33min

More-Than-Most
11-22-2016, 01:44 AM

& for the people wanting embid to play more minutes, you have to factor in foul calls in your 36per.

Whiteside could have had 40 tonight if ot wasn't for him being in foul trouble. Embid played very good as well.

Sixers bigs? His first 5 were against Embiid.... I am trying to watch the full play by play now but the majority was against OKA.... Like he literally destroyed Oka and Oka even fouled him a few times that werent called. Rough Estimate 18 of his 32 were with Embiid off the floor. The foul thing is both ways because Embiid got hacked some... I do agree that they are ticky tac on bigs so far this year. I wish all centers would play like Whiteside though... He never stops moving... Like ever.

You vid doesnt show all the plays so I had to find elsewhere but yea the majority is against OKA.

warfelg
11-22-2016, 07:34 AM
I know someone that did the counting:
21 of Whitesides 32 came against Okafor.

More-Than-Most
11-22-2016, 07:55 AM
I know someone that did the counting:
21 of Whitesides 32 came against Okafor.

i was 90 percent certain it was over 20... that is just insane... Embiid just dominated whiteside on both ends where Whiteside took out his aggression on OKA... Lets just pray the OKA for clarkson happens sometime soon.

Dade County
11-22-2016, 09:38 AM
Sixers bigs? His first 5 were against Embiid.... I am trying to watch the full play by play now but the majority was against OKA.... Like he literally destroyed Oka and Oka even fouled him a few times that werent called. Rough Estimate 18 of his 32 were with Embiid off the floor. The foul thing is both ways because Embiid got hacked some... I do agree that they are ticky tac on bigs so far this year. I wish all centers would play like Whiteside though... He never stops moving... Like ever.

You vid doesnt show all the plays so I had to find elsewhere but yea the majority is against OKA.

I'm just having fun with you man.... Lol

Embid is going to be big time & i see that you are really excited about him so i am just throwing jabs at you don't worry about it.

Now i will read your post. Lol

TheDish87
11-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Embiid didnt dominate Whiteside on D and i dont think Oak was directly responsible for 21 against him from what i saw. Whiteside is a freak though but im not sure you can build a contender around him. It was a fun battle to watch.

sixer04fan
11-22-2016, 12:57 PM

FYI...

Derek Bodner ‏@DerekBodnerNBA

So in the 16 minutes Embiid and Whiteside were matchd up, Embiid had 17/5/3 on 6-9 shooting and Whiteside 12/6/2 on 4-8 shooting.

Advantage Embiid I would say.

warfelg
11-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Embiid didnt dominate Whiteside on D and i dont think Oak was directly responsible for 21 against him from what i saw. Whiteside is a freak though but im not sure you can build a contender around him. It was a fun battle to watch.

Only off by one point. Holmes was a DNP-CD and no other player logged time at center.

TheDish87
11-22-2016, 01:29 PM
like i said it wasnt all directly 1v1. Not saying he didnt get the better of Okafor, bcuz we all know he did. Its not like he was schooling him or that Oak didnt do an acceptable job most of the time, hes just too much for him on the O glass right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNL1KnLxHh0

SeoulBeatz
11-22-2016, 03:44 PM

Only off by one point. Holmes was a DNP-CD and no other player logged time at center.

The defense just collapses when Embiid isn't on the court. I was pleased with Jahlil's effort last night though. He is simply overmatched by Whiteside. The dude is a handful on the glass.

More-Than-Most
11-22-2016, 09:46 PM

I am starting to understand why you were so wrong on Embiid... You really dont watch the games do you... Whiteside destroyed OKA and did little against Embiid... I said it in the game thread while WATCHING the game.... I said 24 of the points were on OKA... I was 4 off.

ewing
11-23-2016, 12:03 AM
MTM what do you think his ceiling is? Brad Daugherty?

ewing
11-23-2016, 12:05 AM
Honestly, I hope OKA finds a home. I don't think it is philly but dude has a real skill set. I could see him finding a home similar to Zach Randolph. He just needs the right spot. I don't think it is Philly.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2016, 01:00 AM
MTM what do you think his ceiling is? Brad Daugherty?

In the draft I Had Russ 1 and towns 2 and I wanted us to stay away from OKA/Mud but I expected OKA to be a better Al Jefferson... He has a nice offensive game but isnt looking to pass out of doubles and his defense has shown no signs of getting better at all and that worries me so much... I would love a jefferson in his prime off the bench and OKA would have a ton of value for us in that way but his horrid defense/refusal to pass out of double teams and horrid rebound approach is becoming... He has a ton of potential but I think he wants to be the guy so badly that when he is forced to sit for Embiid he just gives up.

Chronz
11-23-2016, 03:35 AM

I really love how this isn't considered tanking anymore, just considering facts. But what do i know, possibly soft on these training wheels

TheDish87
11-23-2016, 09:40 AM
I am starting to understand why you were so wrong on Embiid... You really dont watch the games do you... Whiteside destroyed OKA and did little against Embiid... I said it in the game thread while WATCHING the game.... I said 24 of the points were on OKA... I was 4 off.

watch the link i posted dude. ill ask you for the 3rd time to tell me what i was wrong about on Embiid? i love the kid, sorry i dont call him a god and annoy the entire forum daily. I watched the game and the highlights back it up that Whiteside didnt directly score on Oak everytime. i doubt you even watch games

warfelg
11-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Honestly, I hope OKA finds a home. I don't think it is philly but dude has a real skill set. I could see him finding a home similar to Zach Randolph. He just needs the right spot. I don't think it is Philly.

LOL, I suggested yesterday that Okafor reminded me a bunch of Al Jefferson (and by extension Zach Randolph)....and I got called out that it was "too early to make that call".

AKA - guys that aren't career winners. Is there a single classic back to the basket big that's been on a championship team as the main guy (other than Duncan) in the last 6-8 years?

SeoulBeatz
11-23-2016, 11:15 AM

Yeah, it would be best for them to part ways, but it hasn't been easy finding a trade partner. I could imagine him flourishing on the Grizzlies, Spurs, Hawks, Hornets, or Pacers (if they didnt sign Al Jeff).

My main gripe is he just doesn't rebound and his defensive awareness is horrid. I do appreciate that he puts in effort but something just doesn't click when it comes to help defense and boxing out his man. He is a potential 20-8 C but he doesn't fit with Embiid. I'd take a 10-25 pick for him or a young wing because his value hasn't been lower since he was drafted.

SeoulBeatz
11-23-2016, 11:17 AM
LOL, I suggested yesterday that Okafor reminded me a bunch of Al Jefferson (and by extension Zach Randolph)....and I got called out that it was "too early to make that call".

AKA - guys that aren't career winners. Is there a single classic back to the basket big that's been on a championship team as the main guy (other than Duncan) in the last 6-8 years?

Zach Randolph isn't a career winner but he's been part of some damn good Grizzly teams over the past few seasons. Especially from where his career started (he could of been out of the league early because of his attitude) he really turned things around. Okafor isn't a headcase like Zach was early on so that gives me hope that he can turn it around, just not with this team.

warfelg
11-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Zach Randolph isn't a career winner but he's been part of some damn good Grizzly teams over the past few seasons. Especially from where his career started (he could of been out of the league early because of his attitude) he really turned things around. Okafor isn't a headcase like Zach was early on so that gives me hope that he can turn it around, just not with this team.

Won't say he can't win for streaks, but even Randolph is the 3rd option in Memphis behind Gasol and Conley and has been almost the entire time.

But really was reference playing styles. And that's what I got told it was "too early to make a call on". I don't think it is at all. Okafor is a back to basket need the ball for 7+ seconds to get a shot player. What Al Jefferson is.

warfelg
11-23-2016, 11:28 AM
Extra not to that here's 90% of Okafor touches:

Get the ball in high post. Back bend, back bend. Between the legs dribble. Faceup. Spin to left. Between the legs while backing in to the mid post. Fake left, palm right. Two steps. Jump hook.

TheDish87
11-23-2016, 12:01 PM
yet no one can consistently stop it lol