PDA

View Full Version : Who else is excited about the NBA 2016-17 season?

Tg11
10-21-2016, 11:48 AM
I don't know about all of you but I know I am pretty damn excited about the season starting next week mainly because I am a Boston Celtics fan...have been for the past 8 years and seeing the team we have this year I know we definitely can be competitive in the East this year

Another reason to be excited well for me anyway is the hatred that everyone is going to be spewing Durant's way but also because Durant will be going back to Oklahoma City but in a Warriors uniform for the first time...imagine the boos he is going to receive I can't wait

Tg11
10-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Another reason I'm excited about the 2016-17 NBA season is the Christmas games this year with my Celtics taking on the Knicks but then the rematch everyone wants to see the Cavs/Warriors and then Bulls/Spurs, Timberwolves/Thunder and the Battle of LA with Clippers taking on the Lakers

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-21-2016, 01:12 PM
I was till Middleton got injured. Yeah more touches for Parker and Giannis. I think both be close to 20 points a night easily now. Maybe not a lot of wins. Be nice to see one get into All Star game though. Time to kick out some of the old guys voted in yearly. Gets old.

R!kSm!tz
10-21-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm excited for my Bulls to prove everyone wrong.

aman_13
10-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Durant's return to OKC will be must watch TV. Though i don't think it will be anything like LeBron's first return to Cleveland when he signed with Miami. That was just crazy.

Vee-Rex
10-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Durant's return to OKC will be must watch TV. Though i don't think it will be anything like LeBron's first return to Cleveland when he signed with Miami. That was just crazy.

I remember that. He torched us but the Q was electrifying. That building was filled overflowing with energy.

FlashBolt
10-21-2016, 02:03 PM

LeBron's return was insane. I think they had to shutter out the boos a bit so we could hear what was going on in the court. Crazy how things have changed. With the way Durant left OKC, I don't think we will ever give him that same appreciation.

R!kSm!tz
10-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Wades first game back in Miami will be a good one and for some reason flying under the radar in my opinion. I wonder if they will retire his jersey on that night.

Tg11
10-21-2016, 03:12 PM
I wonder what kind of reception Wade gets when he comes back to Miami in a Bulls uniform...it just sounds weird it doesn't seem right considering how long he was the face of their franchise...won 3 rings with the Heat and now he is on the Bulls I can see Wade somehow getting booed when he comes back but he will get a few cheers because of how long his tenure was and just how respected he was in that Heat locker room before he left

But Durant as far as he goes his return to OKC will be just as bad as LeBron's first return to Cleveland in a Miami uniform...Durant's hate by the fans will be off the charts every time he touches the ball every time his name is called he is going to hear it from the fans that is how bad it will be

Vee-Rex
10-21-2016, 03:21 PM
I can see Wade getting cheers. He didn't leave Miami the same way LeBron left Cleveland and KD left OKC.

TheDish87
10-21-2016, 03:22 PM
itsnt being excited the reason why we post here?

Tg11
10-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Another reason to be excited is because of the competitiveness in both conferences especially this year out of any other

Vee-Rex
10-21-2016, 03:28 PM
itsnt being excited the reason why we post here?

Pretty much.

I'm throwing a party for Tuesday night. I'm hyped! Fun doubleheader.

Tg11
10-21-2016, 03:32 PM
I'm even more excited because my Celtics our season opener is against Brooklyn and I of course hope we come out guns blazing and we send a strong message...and to think that the Atlantic Division will be the most competitive because we have us, the Raptors, the Knicks, the Nets and the 76ers all in one division and the Raptors have won the division for the past 2 years so I can see us giving them a run for their money especially this year

IKnowHoops
10-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Cleveland vs GS on Christmas will have a higher intensity than any first round playoff game.

tredigs
10-21-2016, 09:34 PM
I'm excited for my Bulls to prove everyone wrong.
And make 13 threes on the year?

tredigs
10-21-2016, 09:52 PM
To be trendy I'm interested and excited to watch KAT transform into a modern-center superstar. He's going to crush.

FlashBolt
10-21-2016, 09:58 PM
Sports world outside of UFC hasn't been too exciting right now. I can't wait for basketball. Debates are over, too.. ahh shiett!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
10-21-2016, 10:01 PM
Cavs vs Warriors
Durant's return
KAT's progression
How well Knicks can play
How Oladipo can help us
Can Blake stay healthy so they can give the Warriors another opponent other than the Spurs at the West
Wade's return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunner
10-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Rose return home

kdspurman
10-21-2016, 10:14 PM
Cleveland vs GS on Christmas will have a higher intensity than any first round playoff game.

Not if that first round is OKC vs GS

tredigs
10-21-2016, 10:46 PM
More than anything I'm excited about the Warriors for the first time in their history being the preseason favorites to win the title and the enemies of the NBA. The Warriors... are that team. You have no idea.

R!kSm!tz
10-22-2016, 01:25 AM
And make 13 threes on the year?

They have more shooters than Miami last year and they would've made the ECF if it wasn't for injuries.

More-Than-Most
10-22-2016, 01:38 AM
They have more shooters than Miami last year and they would've made the ECF if it wasn't for injuries.

You do realize other teams had injuries too? Like Toronto... Who beat them...

albertajaysfan
10-22-2016, 04:02 AM
I can see Wade getting cheers. He didn't leave Miami the same way LeBron left Cleveland and KD left OKC.

Agreed. He left more because they didn't want to pay him. I know the difference wasn't a huge amount in the end but that whole situation was handled kind of bad it seemed by Miami.

Between that and there handling of Bosh, Miami and Riley specifically really have me puzzled. I get not being comfortable with Bosh playing but something in that situation was weird. Which I think further vindicates Wade.

Plus he isn't leaving a team in the lurch without a championship. This one I think is really what makes the biggest difference for fans. I know that is how I would feel. Winning cures everything as they say.

albertajaysfan
10-22-2016, 04:10 AM
I am excited for this season. I love basketball, it is like blasphemy to say living in the prairies in Canada but I prefer it to hockey. Although when I blame it on growing up in Toronto they always give me an understanding nod, which now includes an Auston Matthews reference.

I learned to appreciate basketball in general by being a Raptors fan. Having a good team to cheer for and a rooting interest in the playoffs. Total bonus.

Excited for some divisional games this year. Boston vs. Toronto should be even better games this year. New York yet again have the caveat of health if they can accomplish anything. The customary Atlantic division dumpster fire class team is well represented with Brooklyn wrestling the torch away from Philadelphia, who somehow have even more promising big men both on the roster and getting injured.

LayZbone
10-22-2016, 10:21 AM
I don't think a single person in that building will boo Wade, save for a couple of idiots. The man is a legend in south Florida sports.

R!kSm!tz
10-22-2016, 10:27 AM
You do realize other teams had injuries too? Like Toronto... Who beat them...

You realize the Heat were missing their 2nd and 3rd best players right? Like Bosh and Whiteside are arguably top 5 at their position. I'm sure you would've taken them over the Raptors if they had Bosh and Whiteside. Hell, they probably make things pretty interesting in the ECF.

R!kSm!tz
10-22-2016, 10:28 AM
I don't think a single person in that building will boo Wade, save for a couple of idiots. The man is a legend in south Florida sports.

Probably the greatest Miami sports icon of all time.

LayZbone
10-22-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm excited to see the young Wolves progress, Russell Westbrook's insane numbers, the Greek freak PG experiment, the James Harden PG experiment, the records GSW are going to shatter on offense.

Most importantly, I'm excited to see Goran bounce back now that he has a roster built around him that better suits his game (granted, at a much lower talent-level). I don't expect the Heat to make much noise, but I do expect that they will be very fun to watch.

Also Whiteside destroying everything in his path on both ends... and Winslow's sophomore leap (hopefully).

Tg11
10-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Winslow I can see him somehow making Miami "his team" now that Wade is gone with Winslow getting much more minutes which transitions into him scoring much more

Scoots
10-24-2016, 09:33 AM
Let's skip the regular season and get straight to the playoffs.

kobe4thewinbang
10-25-2016, 06:57 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/2016/10/25/20161025-starters-cavaliers-warriors-finals-good-or-bad-nba

Saw this just now. I'm rooting for some team to knock out the Cavaliers or Warriors and prevent the trilogy, but we'll see. If so, I hope that teams win it all, but if the rubber match happens, it'll make history.