PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose and friends cleared of rape charges

mrblisterdundee
10-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Derrick Rose and his two friends were cleared of rape charges by a federal jury in Los Angeles Wednesday:

The jury of six women and two men declared the defendants not liable for damages on Wednesday after a two-week civil trial that channelled issues of sex, consent, race, money and celebrity into a Los Angeles courtroom.
After the verdict, reached after less than four hours of deliberation, some jury members grinned and posed with Rose for photos outside the courtroom.
The jury sided against the alleged victim, who was depicted as a sexually adventurous gold-digger, despite tearful testimony that she had been drugged and raped. She had sought $21.5m in damages.
The alleged victim’s lawyer, Waukeen McCoy, called the outcome unjust and said his client’s reputation had been trashed. “I think it’s a shame for this country that a celebrity can come to court and ****-shame a woman.” Her legal team has 30 days to lodge an appeal.
Rose’s lawyer, Mark Baute, depicted the plaintiff as a manipulative liar who preyed on the stereotype of black men in order to extract a fortune. He said he was “very happy the system worked” and lambasted the media for what he said was biased trial coverage.
- Rory Carroll, The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/19/derrick-rose-rape-trial-verdict-consent-nba-jury-photos)

Captain Moroni
10-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Time to move on. After seeing her case, this never should have gone to trial. Zero evidence, never even reported it until well after the incident. No brainer.

mrblisterdundee
10-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Time to move on. After seeing her case, this never should have gone to trial. Zero evidence, never even reported it until well after the incident. No brainer.

Obviously it was all hear-say and not enough to bring chages against Rose. But I wouldn't discount it because a woman waits a long time to report a rape. A lot of women do that, because of the feelings of shame associated with rape. That's not something specific to this case.

ewing
10-20-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm glad he's just a dirtbag. I will have no issue cheering him on this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
10-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Seems like the right call from what I've read. Even in a civil case I didn't see a strong argument. At the end of the day whatever happened happened. I hope he isn't getting away with anything he did wrong but there just wasn't anything to base it off of so this was the right call.

FlashBolt
10-20-2016, 02:39 PM
The judge is incredibly biased.. "Have a good season but not against my Lakers." What the hell is this?

Jetsguy
10-20-2016, 04:02 PM
The judge is incredibly biased.. "Have a good season but not against my Lakers." What the hell is this?

What do you think he missed? You feel that Rose and his Friends are guilty?

GoferKing_
10-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Rose is into gangbangs.... this girl is into gangbangs... some sick people.

Captain Moroni
10-20-2016, 06:04 PM
Obviously it was all hear-say and not enough to bring chages against Rose. But I wouldn't discount it because a woman waits a long time to report a rape. A lot of women do that, because of the feelings of shame associated with rape. That's not something specific to this case.

I was in no way discounting a woman who claims rape. My point was that the evidence in this case was non existant. If she had won this civil trial, it would open the door for any woman who ever had sex to claim the same thing. Wait 2 years and scream rape.
I was very hard on Rose when this thing started. I hold women in very high regard, and any man who violates a woman should be locked up forever.
The facts in this case as presented to ANY judge were a joke. Her texts, her words showed that this was no where near a crime. She should be viewed as what she really is, Greedy. And lazy. Go get a job. Stop relying on your looks to get you by. No one owes you anything. Get some morals for heavens sake, and try having a real relationship for once. Your life is pathetic.

JasonJohnHorn
10-20-2016, 06:07 PM
What I don't get is the double standards.

Rose, by virtue of the charges laid against him and the nature of the civil suit, has to prove the the woman is sexually promiscuous, but when he calls her out on it, he is labelled a '$lut shamer'. Rose was not a '$lut shame', he was a defendant, defending himself against what a jury found to (likelier than not) false rape allegations.

On the flip side, everybody and their dog seems to be ok with '$lut shaming' Rose: he's into group sex, he's a pig, he's a dirtbag, he's scum. WTF? She's into group sex, and you state that she was down with taking on multiple partners and you get called a '$lut shamer' when it is required as part of your defense. Your sexually adventurous history comes out and everybody judges you and nobody gets accused of being a $lut shamer for it.

This culture is so upside down. He likes group sex. She likes group sex. He has multiple partners; she has multiple partners. It's ok to judge him; it's not ok to judge her. She calls him a rapist, he's proven innocent. Teh victim (of the false allegations) comes out the @$$hole, and the apparent blackmailer comes off as a victim?

I get accused of being a SJW all the time, but this.... I'm scratching my head.

DaBear
10-21-2016, 12:02 PM
So this lady came out with nothing and now it's out she's a dirty whore. Great job!

ManningToTyree
10-21-2016, 02:37 PM
Women like this make it harder for women who actually get sexually assaulted to come forward. That's the real shame of this whole situation.

HoodedSB
10-21-2016, 08:25 PM
Him posing for a picture with the jurors afterwards......I can't even

lamzoka
10-21-2016, 09:19 PM

He told the groupie "good luck with your studies" then turned to Rose and said good luck... blah blah"

FlashBolt
10-21-2016, 10:04 PM
What do you think he missed? You feel that Rose and his Friends are guilty?

I guess he's innocent because I'd believe him over a golddigger but wow, judge should be impartial and professional throughout the entire process. "Best wishes. Except when the Knicks play the Lakers" is just not professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullsFan_1
10-22-2016, 10:51 AM
The title of this thread would make for an interesting children's book.