PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge not happy in San Antonio

spreadeagle
10-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Is there trouble in paradise between the San Antonio Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge?

Apparently so according to ESPN's Jackie MacMullan.

Appearing on CSNNE.com's Early Edition, MacMullan says there are rumblings LaMarcus may not finish the new season in silver and black and could be on the trading block. And if that isn't enough, she says she has heard there is some discord between the Spurs and Aldridge.

For instance, sources were telling me the other day that LaMarcus Aldridge may not even finish the year with the Spurs. That experiment hasn't quite worked out the way they hoped.
When asked if she would want Aldridge on the Celtics' roster she emphatically said no.

No! Not after what I heard the other day. I don't.
There's some stuff going on."

Is this a situation of where there's smoke there's fire? Perhaps. MacMullan isn't the first to report on the possibility of LaMarcus being jettisoned out of San Antonio. Recently, ESPN's Zach Lowe reported the same.

It be interesting to see if the Spurs do end up trading Aldridge. He just has one season with the Spurs, signed a max deal, and played well in the postseason prior to re-injuring his finger averaging 21.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and shot 52 percent from the field
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/video-espns-jackie-macmullan-says-lamarcus-aldridge-may-not-finish-season-with-spurs

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-18-2016, 01:45 PM
I could see the Celtics come calling. They still wanna consolidate all their assets yet.

mightybosstone
10-18-2016, 01:53 PM
I can't imagine the Spurs dealing Aldridge regardless of how unhappy the two sides may be. With him, they're one of the three best teams in the league. Without him, they're probably a 45-50 win team and a first round exit. Personally, I've always thought the guy was overrated, but he's coming off an excellent season, he's a top 20 player and the Spurs don't contend without him. I just don't see a trade out there for the Spurs where they would get numerous assets for him and still be as good on paper.

LoveCaliFan
10-18-2016, 02:04 PM
Randle, Calderon, Lou, 2 2nd rd picks(LAL) for Aldridge & K.Martin

Russell/ Clarkson/ Huertas
Ingram/ Martin
Deng/ Young/ Brown
Aldridge/ Nance/ Robinson
Mozgov/ Black/ Zubac

Spurs:

Parker/ Mills/ Calderon
Green/ Lou/ Murray
Leornard/ Anderson/ Jean-Charles
Randle/ Lee/ Bonner
Gasol/ Anthony/ Dedmon

Looks interesting for both parties. We'd get a stretch 4, but with average D & a vet for Ingram. Spurs get a versitile forward who'd could do some ball handling and the spurs scheme fits more for Randle as they like to get to the paint off pick and rolls. They also like creating space for the paint to let big men be playmakers. Would fit him well imo. This would be a good. trade if Aldridge truly is unhappy. Although he turned us down last year, imo i believe he'd give it a go with the roster we have and he'd love the scheme we run offensively. The notion of being able to shoot three's would excite Aldridge. He's also an underrated passer.

colinskik
10-18-2016, 02:04 PM
I can't imagine the Spurs dealing Aldridge regardless of how unhappy the two sides may be. With him, they're one of the three best teams in the league. Without him, they're probably a 45-50 win team and a first round exit. Personally, I've always thought the guy was overrated, but he's coming off an excellent season, he's a top 20 player and the Spurs don't contend without him. I just don't see a trade out there for the Spurs where they would get numerous assets for him and still be as good on paper.

I, too, think he's hyped a little more than his actual value. I'm curious though what the issue is with him.

R!kSm!tz
10-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Randle, Calderon, Lou(LAL) for Aldridge & K.Martin

Ingram/ Young
Deng/ Martin/ Brown
Mozgov/ Black/ Zubac

Wow.

Shammyguy3
10-18-2016, 02:23 PM
This is surprising, I can't imagine where the well was poisoned. If it is true though, I see Atlanta jumping on a Millsap for LMA deal. Other scenarios could be LMA for Blake, LmA for Love

IndyRealist
10-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Randle, Calderon, Lou(LAL) for Aldridge & K.Martin

Ingram/ Young
Deng/ Martin/ Brown
Mozgov/ Black/ Zubac

You're not getting a max player coming off the best year of his career, locked into a long deal, for anything less than multiple draft picks and Ingram. I know Lakers fans think they can fleece everyone, but this is the Spurs.

shep33
10-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Honestly think this is all BS.

How the heck could you be unhappy on a 67 win team that is the best run bball franchise over the past 20 years?

R!kSm!tz
10-18-2016, 02:35 PM

How the heck could you be unhappy on a 67 win team that is the best run bball franchise over the past 20 years?

He may not like the style or may feel that he can do more.

Giannis94
10-18-2016, 03:02 PM

Could be a Barbossa/Nash situation?

Dade County
10-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Trade:

Bosh, McRob, Tyler Johnson.... For LMA

Lol

shep33
10-18-2016, 03:06 PM

Then he's an idiot if this is true lol. What did he expect? He's definitely not the best player on the team, and typically when you go to a team that shares the ball and is very good, you don't typically get as many looks.

Still don't believe this is true. But that's just me.

R. Johnson#3
10-18-2016, 03:07 PM

So Randle + garbage for LMA. I don't know how the Spurs resist!

R. Johnson#3
10-18-2016, 03:10 PM
As for LMA not liking the situation, I don't know what it is he doesn't like so I can't speculate on that. At the end of the day he's currently getting paid handsomely by one of the most successful franchises over the last 2 decades and is playing for one of the greatest coaches ever to exist. I don't understand what's not to like?

julienbball
10-18-2016, 03:23 PM
If rumors are true, I can see it as being a possibility. San Antonio has a history for not keeping players unhappy with their situation.
They currently have a loaded frontcourt:
Gasol, Bertans, D. Lee, Dedmon, J. Anthony and a pipeline filed with PF-C prospects (Milutinov, Lalane, Dagubic and rumors this summer of bringing E.Lorbek)

If they get a decent offer why wouldn't they jump on it?!
Boston would trade assets (not what Spurs need), Atlanta could swap Millsap, Clippers could swap Griffin, OKC could send a couple bigs, Heat can send Dragic or Wizards but they only have prospects...and sadly Lakers wouldn't be able to build a serious offer for LMA.

kdspurman
10-18-2016, 03:25 PM

I think it's BS as well. Doubt he'll be moved

HandsOnTheWheel
10-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Not buying it.

MJL80
10-18-2016, 05:18 PM
A lot of people get unhappy with their jobs sometimes. He's not going anywhere. There's just not much else to speculate about right now in the NBA, just start the damn season already

PurpleLynch
10-18-2016, 05:42 PM

Ingram/ Martin
Deng/ Young/ Brown
Mozgov/ Black/ Zubac

Spurs:

Parker/ Mills/ Calderon
Green/ Lou/ Murray
Randle/ Lee/ Bonner
Gasol/ Anthony/ Dedmon

Looks interesting for both parties. We'd get a stretch 4, but with average D & a vet for Ingram. Spurs get a versitile forward who'd could do some ball handling and the spurs scheme fits more for Randle as they like to get to the paint off pick and rolls. They also like creating space for the paint to let big men be playmakers. Would fit him well imo. This would be a good. trade if Aldridge truly is unhappy. Although he turned us down last year, imo i believe he'd give it a go with the roster we have and he'd love the scheme we run offensively. The notion of being able to shoot three's would excite Aldridge. He's also an underrated passer.

Please ignore this guy,we are trying to do it also in Lakers forum.

smith&wesson
10-18-2016, 05:53 PM
2 first rounders, patterson, and ross for LMA

europagnpilgrim
10-18-2016, 06:01 PM

Because he was the number 1 or 1a with Lillard and was reduced to a not knowing what option he is on a 67 win team, that is frustrating for a professional egotistical athlete in any sport, going from getting 20-30 shots to not knowing if you may get a shot or two off before the second quarter or total of 10 for the entire game doesn't sit well with any player from Aldridge to Jordan to whoever you want to fill in the blank with

winning is secondary because he didn't get a max deal off of winning he got it off his play and being the focal point of a offense, but on that same note he clearly should have known what he was signing up for and he would be way better suited to have gone to one of the other two Texas teams but it is what it be, he should just man up and ride it out with Pop/Spurs

kobe4thewinbang
10-18-2016, 06:20 PM

Ingram/ Martin
Deng/ Young/ Brown
Mozgov/ Black/ Zubac

Spurs:

Parker/ Mills/ Calderon
Green/ Lou/ Murray
Randle/ Lee/ Bonner
Gasol/ Anthony/ Dedmon

Looks interesting for both parties. We'd get a stretch 4, but with average D & a vet for Ingram. Spurs get a versitile forward who'd could do some ball handling and the spurs scheme fits more for Randle as they like to get to the paint off pick and rolls. They also like creating space for the paint to let big men be playmakers. Would fit him well imo. This would be a good. trade if Aldridge truly is unhappy. Although he turned us down last year, imo i believe he'd give it a go with the roster we have and he'd love the scheme we run offensively. The notion of being able to shoot three's would excite Aldridge. He's also an underrated passer.Ingram as a Spur is an interesting thought, but Spurs don't even have Martin, lol.

kobe4thewinbang
10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
I call BS. First of all, Pop keeps things tight around that team, so dunno how this would've leaked out. Second, why would Aldridge be upset in San Antonio? He's close to home, he chose the Spurs among other options after liking their straight up pitch to him, and has been pretty good. Now Duncan is gone and Gasol isn't likely to upstage Aldridge, so he's the new big man in town. The only possible friction I could see is maybe the question of who the main focus is for the future: Aldridge or Leonard. But the Spurs are all about teamwork and leaving the ego at the door. So, I call BS. But if true, then it's not nuts because Aldridge would bring a nice trade with maybe some players that would do well on the Spurs.

kobe4thewinbang
10-18-2016, 06:25 PM
This is surprising, I can't imagine where the well was poisoned. If it is true though, I see Atlanta jumping on a Millsap for LMA deal. Other scenarios could be LMA for Blake, LmA for LoveLove as a Spur? Lol...no defense. Lots of rebounds. Milsap is a stud, though. Underrated for sure. Blake would be interesting, but I think he likes the high life.

kobe4thewinbang
10-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Because he was the number 1 or 1a with Lillard and was reduced to a not knowing what option he is on a 67 win team, that is frustrating for a professional egotistical athlete in any sport, going from getting 20-30 shots to not knowing if you may get a shot or two off before the second quarter or total of 10 for the entire game doesn't sit well with any player from Aldridge to Jordan to whoever you want to fill in the blank with

winning is secondary because he didn't get a max deal off of winning he got it off his play and being the focal point of a offense, but on that same note he clearly should have known what he was signing up for and he would be way better suited to have gone to one of the other two Texas teams but it is what it be, he should just man up and ride it out with Pop/SpursYeah, that's why this doesn't make much sense. I disagree about you mentioning Houston. Harden gets his shots, too, even with this new point guard thing he's trying. Lakers would've made the most sense, but that would've meant dealing with Kobe. Now it would be his team in LA and maybe in Dallas too.

Stunner
10-18-2016, 06:34 PM
You're not getting a max player coming off the best year of his career, locked into a long deal, for anything less than multiple draft picks and Ingram. I know Lakers fans think they can fleece everyone, but this is the Spurs.

Aldridge not worth Ingram lol then again I don't think highly of him

warfelg
10-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Charlotte, Toronto, Washington, New Orleans are all teams that should call.

Chronz
10-18-2016, 06:53 PM

What could he possibly mad about? Then again, dude got mad that Lillard was front and center in Portland and SAS has made other players angry before. Jacko and Rodman got the boot and the team was winning.

R!kSm!tz
10-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Rondo, Taj, Niko, Kings 1st round pick, & another first round pick for Aldridge and Dedmon.

Spurs can keep Rondo or move him for another piece in a 3 team deal. If not they have Rondo, Taj, & Niko expiring at the end of this season and can decide if they want to keep them or not. Niko is restricted and Rondo has a team option.

The Bulls then have a core of Wade Butler & Aldridge to try and convince another free agent (CP3) to come this next summer.

IndyRealist
10-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Aldridge not worth Ingram lol then again I don't think highly of him

I really hate LMA's game, but that doesn't change the market for him.

Vee-Rex
10-18-2016, 07:18 PM
If true Toronto needs to be all over this.

kdspurman
10-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Spurs sources are denying this fwiw. It just doesn't make much sense to me lol

BKLYNpigeon
10-18-2016, 07:35 PM
everyone has been talking about this. When theres smoke theres fire.

Pfeifer
10-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Toronto should be on this for sure. Alot of pieces the Spurs could want too. It would be JV going tge other way.

valade16
10-18-2016, 09:10 PM
What could he possibly mad about? Then again, dude got mad that Lillard was front and center in Portland and SAS has made other players angry before. Jacko and Rodman got the boot and the team was winning.

What is frustrating is how much the Blazers bent over backwards to endear themselves to him and make him the top dog over Lillard to get him to stay. He was featured in the offense more than he should have been by about 2-3 shots per game.

LMA seems like a malcontent in that he never feels he gets enough respect.

Giannis94
10-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Rondo, Taj, Niko, Kings 1st round pick, & another first round pick for Aldridge and Dedmon.

Spurs can keep Rondo or move him for another piece in a 3 team deal. If not they have Rondo, Taj, & Niko expiring at the end of this season and can decide if they want to keep them or not. Niko is restricted and Rondo has a team option.

The Bulls then have a core of Wade Butler & Aldridge to try and convince another free agent (CP3) to come this next summer.
Lolol You do realize that Rondo has negative value?

kdspurman
10-18-2016, 09:15 PM
What is frustrating is how much the Blazers bent over backwards to endear themselves to him and make him the top dog over Lillard to get him to stay. He was featured in the offense more than he should have been by about 2-3 shots per game.

I have my doubts about this report anyway tbh. But if your last sentence is true, he'd probably be happy on a crappy team where he could shoot whenever he wants and have great stats.

I still don't believe this rumor anyway, but we'll see. He's also there to be closer to his kids, so to want out after 1 year? I just don't buy this, for several reasons.

If SA is on a complete downward spiral come January? Then I'm sure they'd Listen to offers. But that's a big if

TrueFan420
10-18-2016, 10:22 PM
If true Toronto needs to be all over this.

What would they offer tho?

D-Leethal
10-18-2016, 11:34 PM
He should go to the Bulls and be their best deep shooter.

Toxeryll
10-18-2016, 11:39 PM
What would they offer tho?

JV, Ross, Wright, 2 1st rd picks

europagnpilgrim
10-19-2016, 12:49 AM
Yeah, that's why this doesn't make much sense. I disagree about you mentioning Houston. Harden gets his shots, too, even with this new point guard thing he's trying. Lakers would've made the most sense, but that would've meant dealing with Kobe. Now it would be his team in LA and maybe in Dallas too.

But Houston made a pretty strong push after him to team up with Harden and I don't think Harden would have had trouble getting Aldridge his touches especially after the way he torched Houston in playoffs and he was all nba caliber, you need at least 2 all nba caliber just to be taken serious as contenders for the most part especially out West

I mentioned those other two teams because it really came down to those 3 Texas teams so he could be close to home I guess, but he chose Spurs so he should just man up and play it out since I think he said the reason why he signed on is because Pop said he would be there for the duration for his deal

going to Houston would have been him basically switching Lillard for Harden so he would still be 1a and get his 20 shots per game

R!kSm!tz
10-19-2016, 09:43 AM

He's not a better shooter than Doug, Niko, Canaan, Zipser, Grant, and from the look of it so far in the preseason and playoffs Wade and Rondo.

hugepatsfan
10-19-2016, 09:58 AM
He's not a better shooter than Doug, Niko, Canaan, Zipser, Grant, and from the look of it so far in the preseason and playoffs Wade and Rondo.

True. He was so off that I'd almost say he might have meant it as a joke and not literally.

TheDish87
10-19-2016, 09:58 AM
lol LMA isnt a better shooter than rondo or wade. come on me and you are better shooters than rondo

R!kSm!tz
10-19-2016, 10:07 AM
lol LMA isnt a better shooter than rondo or wade. come on me and you are better shooters than rondo

lol you're probably right but being a shooter was my thing. Rondo shot 37% from 3 last year and is shooting 50% from 3 in the preseason. His preseason shooting obviously won't continue but if he could improve a little from last year it would be nice. Wade now has the payoffs and preseason to back up that he is improving in that area. He shot 52% in the playoffs from 3 and 55% from 3 in the preseason. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks lol.

Rondos have mainly been catch and shoot but Wade is doing it multiple ways. Catch and shoot, off the dribble in the half court and transition, and his favorite and most effective seems to be the step back off the dribble. I don't think I've seen him miss one of those yet.

warfelg
10-19-2016, 10:20 AM
lol you're probably right but being a shooter was my thing. Rondo shot 37% from 3 last year and is shooting 50% from 3 in the preseason. His preseason shooting obviously won't continue but if he could improve a little from last year it would be nice. Wade now has the payoffs and preseason to back up that he is improving in that area. He shot 52% in the playoffs from 3 and 55% from 3 in the preseason. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks lol.

Rondos have mainly been catch and shoot but Wade is doing it multiple ways. Catch and shoot, off the dribble in the half court and transition, and his favorite and most effective seems to be the step back off the dribble. I don't think I've seen him miss one of those yet.

Based on 2.4 3-pt attempts per game and 1.8 3-pt attempts per game.

So it's not like he's hitting at a great rate on high volume. He's hitting ok at a low rate, which signifies to me that he's a very streaky shooter from 3. Will take a lot of them when he's hot, little when he's not.

R!kSm!tz
10-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Based on 2.4 3-pt attempts per game and 1.8 3-pt attempts per game.

So it's not like he's hitting at a great rate on high volume. He's hitting ok at a low rate, which signifies to me that he's a very streaky shooter from 3. Will take a lot of them when he's hot, little when he's not.

Yea that's why I would like I'm to stay around the same percentage or increase it a little while also increasing his volume. If he put the work in he should be able to do it.

TheDish87
10-19-2016, 10:58 AM
i mean i cant ever recall a team being worried about Rondo shooting, defenders always take a step back on him and to his credit he has improved a little over the years with the more open looks but he is still a poor overall shooter.

R!kSm!tz
10-19-2016, 11:12 AM
i mean i cant ever recall a team being worried about Rondo shooting, defenders always take a step back on him and to his credit he has improved a little over the years with the more open looks but he is still a poor overall shooter.

No doubt, but as you said he has improved so maybe he has continued to work on it to become better. If they leave him open shoot it, if they play him tight drive to the basket and see if you can get a layup, dump it off, or kick it out for a 3. The way he's got to the rim and finished in preseason has been very encouraging.

Hawkeye15
10-19-2016, 11:35 AM
are people really discussing Rondo's shooting as anything but bad?

KnicksorBust
10-19-2016, 11:46 AM
If rumors are true, I can see it as being a possibility. San Antonio has a history for not keeping players unhappy with their situation.
They currently have a loaded frontcourt:
Gasol, Bertans, D. Lee, Dedmon, J. Anthony and a pipeline filed with PF-C prospects (Milutinov, Lalane, Dagubic and rumors this summer of bringing E.Lorbek)

If they get a decent offer why wouldn't they jump on it?!
Boston would trade assets (not what Spurs need), Atlanta could swap Millsap, Clippers could swap Griffin, OKC could send a couple bigs, Heat can send Dragic or Wizards but they only have prospects...and sadly Lakers wouldn't be able to build a serious offer for LMA.

Did you just include Bertans, D. Lee, Dedmon, J. Anthony as part of a description of a "loaded frontcourt" ?

KnicksorBust
10-19-2016, 11:50 AM

Aldridge has always been a little off. He had a perfect situation in Portland with Dame/Wes/Batum/Lopez and that got ruined. He's got Dwight Howard syndrome.

R!kSm!tz
10-19-2016, 11:54 AM

We know you don't like Rondo but are you saying guys can't improve their jump shot if they put the work in?

Pierzynski4Prez
10-19-2016, 12:28 PM
*Insert trade offer of my teams trash for LMA*

mrblisterdundee
10-19-2016, 01:06 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge might have been the best player in Portland, and unnecessarily supplanted by Damian Lillard. But he has to understand that he's clearly the second-best player in San Antonio next to a two-way ace like Kawhi Leonard. If he truly wanted to win, Aldridge would shut up, play better defense, become a small-ball center and be OK with whatever role Gregg Popovich has for him.
Maybe the Spurs should try and trade him to the Kings as an FU for being so ungrateful. I bet DeMarcus Cousins would be grateful to be Leonard's running partner. At this point, he's a better defender and shooter than Aldridge anyways.

europagnpilgrim
10-19-2016, 01:24 PM

Even the worst of the crop can eventually develop into a mediocre shooter at best over years of hard work and dedication

to be fair to Rondo he has slightly improved from his Beantown days off the eye test, he went from a train wreck shooter to a car crash shooter

Chronz
10-19-2016, 02:29 PM

Reminds me of Shawn Marion in phx. Come to think of it, didn't Jackie mac break that story too? Think it was her book

Hawkeye15
10-19-2016, 02:32 PM
We know you don't like Rondo but are you saying guys can't improve their jump shot if they put the work in?

sure. By year 10? Meh

Hawkeye15
10-19-2016, 02:33 PM
Even the worst of the crop can eventually develop into a mediocre shooter at best over years of hard work and dedication

to be fair to Rondo he has slightly improved from his Beantown days off the eye test, he went from a train wreck shooter to a car crash shooter

couple Rondo's shooting, and his attitude, and I am not a believer.

europagnpilgrim
10-19-2016, 02:49 PM
couple Rondo's shooting, and his attitude, and I am not a believer.

I am just speaking on his pure shooting ability improving, which isn't saying much after a decade of play but he went from being non existent to shooting to at least being capable of hitting a jumper/3 shot, that's a hell of an improvement even though he still is mediocre at best at it

his attitude is just that, no different than any other player since they all put on a front for the media/fans until the stories start to leak, Rondo is just more upfront and outspoken I guess

if you don't believe he improved on his horrible jump shot from Beantown to now then you must just really have it in for this Rondo guy

Hawkeye15
10-19-2016, 03:03 PM
I am just speaking on his pure shooting ability improving, which isn't saying much after a decade of play but he went from being non existent to shooting to at least being capable of hitting a jumper/3 shot, that's a hell of an improvement even though he still is mediocre at best at it

his attitude is just that, no different than any other player since they all put on a front for the media/fans until the stories start to leak, Rondo is just more upfront and outspoken I guess

if you don't believe he improved on his horrible jump shot from Beantown to now then you must just really have it in for this Rondo guy

He better have improved, because his speed has deteriorated. Hell Kidd became an acceptable shooter.

I am just surprised there is so much back and forth over something that can still be classified as "bad".

europagnpilgrim
10-19-2016, 03:36 PM
He better have improved, because his speed has deteriorated. Hell Kidd became an acceptable shooter.

I am just surprised there is so much back and forth over something that can still be classified as "bad".

No doubt he is a bad shooter but like I stated earlier he went from a train wreck to a car crash, both are awful but a full speed train crash is way is worse than a car crash, so he went from super duper bad to bad but capable of actually hitting the shot, back in Beantown it was like don't shoot at all even if open to now take the open shot and we can live with the results

Kidd became a acceptable spot up wide open shooter, nothing off the bounce ever from what I remember, something like what Rondo is(as far as taking the shot) but not at Kidd spot up wide open level

Hawkeye15
10-19-2016, 03:45 PM
No doubt he is a bad shooter but like I stated earlier he went from a train wreck to a car crash, both are awful but a full speed train crash is way is worse than a car crash, so he went from super duper bad to bad but capable of actually hitting the shot, back in Beantown it was like don't shoot at all even if open to now take the open shot and we can live with the results

Kidd became a acceptable spot up wide open shooter, nothing off the bounce ever from what I remember, something like what Rondo is(as far as taking the shot) but not at Kidd spot up wide open level

Well, in Beantown, he had a top 5 shooter ever, and Pierce/KG. And his knees intact to get to the rim, where he was always good. He didn't need to shoot.

I am a Wolves fan dude. We "live" with a Rubio attempt, but it's still a killer for us. At least he plays at a high level of effort every single possession, and is elite in other areas. If he were a attitude problem on top of his shooting woes, he would have been pitch forked out of this city years ago.

GiantsSwaGG
10-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Well Hawkeye if Rondo can improve his jumper (SLIGHTLY) there's still a chance for Rubio lol

Hawkeye15
10-19-2016, 05:19 PM
Well Hawkeye if Rondo can improve his jumper (SLIGHTLY) there's still a chance for Rubio lol

sigh

The Wolves brought in the Spurs assistant shooting coach. Hell if Rubio can even become a 34% three point shooter, and a 38-39% FG shooter, he will at least not be a total liability with his shot.

whatever

Stunner
10-19-2016, 07:13 PM
https://twitter.com/slamonline/status/788800697252798464

Looks like LA has a problem with one b again lol

valade16
10-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Aldridge has always been a little off. He had a perfect situation in Portland with Dame/Wes/Batum/Lopez and that got ruined. He's got Dwight Howard syndrome.

He was mad that Blazers fans put B-Roy on the pedestal and he was the #2 guy and then Damian Lillard came along and he was again upset that people were picking Dame over him (even though the organization bent over backwards to portray LMA as the #1 Alpha).

Then he goes to SA and lo and behold, Kawhi outshines him and he's upset again. Honestly, many people in Portland suspected this was coming. He just cannot handle being considered the 2nd fiddle.

Chronz
10-19-2016, 10:49 PM

He can be the next Bosh

FlashBolt
10-19-2016, 10:53 PM
If this is true, LaMarcus is a total *****. He's not good enough to lead a team as the first option so why doesn't he just shut his mouth and play for Phoenix or something.. Does he want to win or go back to being a 25/10 player losing in the first round?

R!kSm!tz
10-19-2016, 11:06 PM
He can be the next Bosh

He really could lol. I would love it.

R!kSm!tz
10-20-2016, 11:01 AM
http://www.windycitysport.com/single-post/2016/10/19/Bulls-Have-An-Offer-For-Aldridge-The-Spurs-Couldnt-Refuse

IndyRealist
10-20-2016, 12:15 PM
http://www.windycitysport.com/single-post/2016/10/19/Bulls-Have-An-Offer-For-Aldridge-The-Spurs-Couldnt-Refuse

A traded player cannot be traded again with other players, only by himself, for like 60 days. So that trade won't clear the decks before January. I suspect if the Spurs really want to do something they want to do it now.

kdspurman
10-20-2016, 12:45 PM
A traded player cannot be traded again with other players, only by himself, for like 60 days. So that trade won't clear the decks before January. I suspect if the Spurs really want to do something they want to do it now.

If they were, I think they'd want to see how the season goes, maybe by January or so. Maybe even let the whole year play out. But the whole thing just makes little sense to me tbh.

And if they were gonna trade with the Bulls, just go LMA for Butler lol.

R!kSm!tz
10-20-2016, 01:49 PM

I think they would wait until the deadline or longer into the season to see if they have a chance at the ring or not and if LaMarcus is still unhappy or underperforming.

Also are you sure on the trade thing? I could've swore Luke Ridnor got traded 4 times in the span of a week last year.

IndyRealist
10-20-2016, 04:04 PM
I think they would wait until the deadline or longer into the season to see if they have a chance at the ring or not and if LaMarcus is still unhappy or underperforming.

Also are you sure on the trade thing? I could've swore Luke Ridnor got traded 4 times in the span of a week last year.

Ridnour did, but after the first trade he was traded by himself. There's only a restriction if you try to package him with other players.

Jamiecballer
10-22-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm always so shocked when a chucker is unhappy in an organization that plays team ball. Couldn't see that coming.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

kobe4thewinbang
10-23-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm always so shocked when a chucker is unhappy in an organization that plays team ball. Couldn't see that coming.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using TapatalkAldridge is not just a chucker. He's got solid post game. Dude drops 40-something sometimes. He's got a nice shot like Dirk, but I agree that he doesn't take the best shots in general. Lots of fadeaways and shimmy shots but he must be confident in them.

Speculators are already choosing best fit destinations for Aldridge. Hawks seem interesting, but people call them the Spurs of the East and it's clearly Schroeder's team now. But I like the idea of Paul Milsap being a Spur. Dwight inside would help Aldridge's poor defense. I dunno.

Lakers might still want him, but I don't see how they get him in a trade. Or possibly Phoenix, but that team seems to be in disarray since they whiffed on Aldridge. Dallas could be interesting, but rivals trading doesn't seem likely. But with Dirk on the way out, LMA would be the new Dirk so to speak.

Celtics are another possibility. Other doubtful ones I think are Blake Griffin or someone like that.

Tg11
10-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Aldridge in a Celtics uniform...to me that would be heaven

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Aldridge in a Celtics uniform...to me that would be heaven

I suggested that. I bet Spurs would clean out the Celtics cupboards though.

kdspurman
10-23-2016, 03:01 PM
This rumor is BS just as expected. The woman who wrote about it called the Spurs to apologize... so yea.

Scoots
10-24-2016, 09:17 AM
This stuff always comes up this time of year.