PDA

View Full Version : Official 2016/17 GM Survey Released

tredigs
10-18-2016, 12:17 PM
These are always pretty fun to take a peek at and see where the General Managers (or whatever assistant they give the survey to) heads are at going into the season. They link all the old surveys as well, so you get to see what they're getting right and wrong each season.

http://www.nba.com/gmsurvey/2016

Cliffs:

Champion: Warriors - 69% (last year Cavs - 53.4%)

MVP: Lebron - 46.7% (last year 'Bron 39.3%)

Choice to start a franchise with? KAT - 48.3% (last year AD 86.2%. Didn't crack top-5 this year wow)

Lots to dig into though, have at it.

mrblisterdundee
10-19-2016, 01:32 PM
There are some pretty obvious predictions there, like the Warriors winning it all, and LeBron James being the favorite for the MVP.
I don't agree with their belief that the Thunder will be better than the Blazers and Jazz. It'll be competitive, and Westbrook will be a beast, but the Blazers and Jazz are better overall teams.
I also disagree with Dallas being behind Houston and Memphis. The Mavericks have a nice collection of talented veterans, promising young guys, plus defenders and shooters. They're not contenders, but they're better than the James Harden show, and can shoot the Grizzlies out of the gym.
I don't see why people think Kris Dunn is the favorite to win Rookie of the Year. He's looking like a worse shooter than Ricky Rubio, who he'll be splitting time with as a backup. They even ranked Ben Simmons, who will miss at least a significant portion of the season, over Joel Embiid, who will have free rein and a high usage rate with Simmons out. How is Embiid not the favorite?

Chronz
10-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Already double downed on Embiid

Does anyone remember the surveys from the early 2000's? When Tmac was considered the 2nd most versatile defender behind only KG. Ahh the good ol days

Hawkeye15
10-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Already double downed on Embiid

Does anyone remember the surveys from the early 2000's? When Tmac was considered the 2nd most versatile defender behind only KG. Ahh the good ol days

looking back at these things constantly make me laugh. Goes to show how off even the people paid the highest amount of money to construct NBA teams are many times.

Wolves getting a ton of representation. That means bad things will happen...

Chronz
10-19-2016, 02:31 PM
looking back at these things constantly make me laugh. Goes to show how off even the people paid the highest amount of money to construct NBA teams are many times.

Wolves getting a ton of representation. That means bad things will happen...

I laugh not.. Sorry been watching alot of Spartacus recently