PDA

View Full Version : Early Season Storylines that you will be watching?

Giannis94
10-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Easy thread.

As a Bucks fan fun, given the Middleton injury- I will anxiously be watching to see if Giannis takes his game to the next level at PG with Delly and if Jabari continues to progress.

Also will be watching the Bulls back court very closely. Woulda been a sick backcourt back in 2013

KnicksorBust
10-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Top 5 for me:
#5.) Can Westbrook lead the Thunder to the playoffs without Durant?
#4.) How good are the Celtics now that they actually have the talent to compete in the East?
#3.) When will the general public realize the Clippers are going to win the NBA Title?
#2.) Are the Warriors still Curry's team or does Durant pull rank and lead the team in scoring?
#1.) Will Rose and Melo help or hurt the development of Kristaps Porzingis?

da ThRONe
10-18-2016, 11:35 AM
The development of the young T'Wolves.

PhillyFaninLA
10-18-2016, 12:36 PM

of course he will if he stays healthy, that isn't the questions, the question is about playoff success

#4.) How good are the Celtics now that they actually have the talent to compete in the East?

If the Cavs are healthy probably not...they are good but not that good

#3.) When will the general public realize the Clippers are going to win the NBA Title?

#2.) Are the Warriors still Curry's team or does Durant pull rank and lead the team in scoring?

They are Curry's team, but it will be interesting to see if everything meshes

I don't think Rose and Melo are guys you want factoring into the development of another player...KP is good and will grow but not because of them

PhillyFaninLA
10-18-2016, 12:36 PM
I can't wait to see Embiid and Saric develop and if Okafor or Noel can play with him/them

tredigs
10-18-2016, 01:37 PM

of course he will if he stays healthy, that isn't the questions, the question is about playoff success

If the Cavs are healthy probably not...they are good but not that good

They are Curry's team, but it will be interesting to see if everything meshes

I don't think Rose and Melo are guys you want factoring into the development of another player...KP is good and will grow but not because of them

#5) OKC is definitely not a stone lock playoff team imo. They've been around .500 without KD in the past and after GSW/SAS/LAC you've got this mashup of OKC/Memphis/Houston/Dallas/Utah/Minnesota/Portland. Even the Nuggets with their young core could surprise us and get up over .500. That's 7-8 teams for 5 spots and I'd put them at closer to 50-60% to get in than a "lock". If I had to guess I'd go GSW/LAC/SAS...Utah/Houston/Memphis/Portland/OKC.

#4) Cavs are still the favorite but I expect the Celtics to face them and truly test them in a very hard fought ECF's next season.

#3) Clippers could theoretically win the title if they stay healthy and Curry and/or KD are out. Against any other team I'd give them a good shot.

#2) Curry has shown to not be concerned with ego and certainly is not concerned with KD out-scoring him (which really does not define who's team it is regardless). Who is better between the 2 will be a fun debate though. I think both will have amazing seasons, and with Durant's comments about how much he has learned about basketball in the last two months with the Warriors camp, his overall play could be it's scariest yet.

#1) I'm not sure what Rose could offer (other than as a cautionary tale), but I would not be surprised if Jo offers valuable teachings for him. KP should have a strong year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Yeah its gonna be wild to see Westbrook be a one man army chucking away. He probably have tons over 30+ games. Probably go for 50 even.

Looking forward to Embiid emerge. Also to see if 76ers trade a big or not.

Also looking forward to see what Ainge does with the Celtics. Keep all the young guys or go for a win now piece yet?

Trade winds of Kings dealing Gay, McLemore, Koufus yet? That be deadline rumors yet.

Other thread here had rumblings of Aldridge might be traded from Spurs? Curious to see what they get and what teams come calling? Celtics? Bulls? Miami?

Also wonder when Bucks drop the hammer on another trade of either Moose or Henson as well.

Also looking forward to the T-Wolves young core develop more.

How far will the Blazers go this season with all that cap spent?

Also the change of scenery of players flipped around this summer of Teague and Pacers. Howard and Hawks. Barnes and Mavs and Hill and Jazz.

Also Magic seem stacked now for big men.

5ass
10-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Yeah its gonna be wild to see Westbrook be a one man army chucking away. He probably have tons over 30+ games. Probably go for 50 even.

Looking forward to Embiid emerge. Also to see if 76ers trade a big or not.

Also looking forward to see what Ainge does with the Celtics. Keep all the young guys or go for a win now piece yet?

Trade winds of Kings dealing Gay, McLemore, Koufus yet? That be deadline rumors yet.

Other thread here had rumblings of Aldridge might be traded from Spurs? Curious to see what they get and what teams come calling? Celtics? Bulls? Miami?

Also wonder when Bucks drop the hammer on another trade of either Moose or Henson as well.

Also looking forward to the T-Wolves young core develop more.

How far will the Blazers go this season with all that cap spent?

Also the change of scenery of players flipped around this summer of Teague and Pacers. Howard and Hawks. Barnes and Mavs and Hill and Jazz.

Also Magic seem stacked now for big men.

I feel like the Kings and Bulls have a high probability of imploding midseason. I will also be following what happens with Cousins and Butler.

I'm also interested in seeing Embiid play. Especially vs KAT. I'm a fan of Saric too. They won't win 25+ games unless they look to trade one of their big men for a guard IMO. I do think they'll make a trade midseason. I think Noel is gone.

I'll follow Giannis to see how the PG thing is working out. Also Jabari looks better this season. I dont expect much from the bucks this season with Middleton out for a while, but I always like to follow young teams.

I like what the Nuggets are doing. They remind me of the Magic a lot in that they have a lot of young pieces and are sometimes overlooked. I like the team they're putting together. They're doing a great job in the draft. I think they could fight for the play offs.

I'm looking forward to seeing Oladipo+Westbrook. I dont think they'll be great, and I think Oladipo's game will suffer for the most part (at least in terms of stats), but they'll have a few monster games where its so fun to watch.

I want to see what the Pacers do. I like Myles Turner a lot. I think he can be an all star, but he's still young and I'm not sure I like their team. At first I thought they're the most likely to drop out of the play offs. I need to watch more games though.

The eastern conference race. Besides Milwaukee, Nets and Sixers I think every team will be fighting for the play offs. I think the top 3 are Cavs/Raptors/Celtics, and the rest is up for grabs. There are like 8 or 9 teams that could finish with a 4-8th seed. Its going to be interesting as the season approaches its end.

I'm excited to see the Magic defense. I'm a big fan of defense and toughness. The Detroit pistons champs are some of my favourite teams ever. I believe defense takes you to the play offs more often than not, and I believe they have the ability to be the best defensive team in the NBA. I also think the Magic will make a move midseason. Vucevic I think will be traded when Ibaka and Biyombo get comfortable.

warfelg
10-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Sixers centric storylines:
When will the glut of bigs issue be settled?

Does Bryan Colangelo prove he can do what Hinkie didn't?

Just what can Embiid do on the court?

How long is Simmons out?

What role can Saric play on this team?

Giannis94
10-19-2016, 10:16 AM
I feel like the Kings and Bulls have a high probability of imploding midseason. I will also be following what happens with Cousins and Butler.

I'm also interested in seeing Embiid play. Especially vs KAT. I'm a fan of Saric too. They won't win 25+ games unless they look to trade one of their big men for a guard IMO. I do think they'll make a trade midseason. I think Noel is gone.

I'll follow Giannis to see how the PG thing is working out. Also Jabari looks better this season. I dont expect much from the bucks this season with Middleton out for a while, but I always like to follow young teams.

I like what the Nuggets are doing. They remind me of the Magic a lot in that they have a lot of young pieces and are sometimes overlooked. I like the team they're putting together. They're doing a great job in the draft. I think they could fight for the play offs.

I'm looking forward to seeing Oladipo+Westbrook. I dont think they'll be great, and I think Oladipo's game will suffer for the most part (at least in terms of stats), but they'll have a few monster games where its so fun to watch.

I want to see what the Pacers do. I like Myles Turner a lot. I think he can be an all star, but he's still young and I'm not sure I like their team. At first I thought they're the most likely to drop out of the play offs. I need to watch more games though.

The eastern conference race. Besides Milwaukee, Nets and Sixers I think every team will be fighting for the play offs. I think the top 3 are Cavs/Raptors/Celtics, and the rest is up for grabs. There are like 8 or 9 teams that could finish with a 4-8th seed. Its going to be interesting as the season approaches its end.

I'm excited to see the Magic defense. I'm a big fan of defense and toughness. The Detroit pistons champs are some of my favourite teams ever. I believe defense takes you to the play offs more often than not, and I believe they have the ability to be the best defensive team in the NBA. I also think the Magic will make a move midseason. Vucevic I think will be traded when Ibaka and Biyombo get comfortable.

Knicks also have a higher probability of imploding but is that even really something to watch?

JAZZNC
10-19-2016, 11:34 AM
I want to watch every Rockets/Jazz game. The high power, uptempo Dantoni offense vs the D that the Jazz being to the table.

Also want to see if Embiid can make it through more than a month of actual NBA basketball.

Westbrook should just go bonkers this year and OKC should be really fun to watch just based on that. Don't know that it's unreasonable to see him go 50/15/15 I'm a game!

mrblisterdundee
10-20-2016, 01:55 PM
With Ben Simmons being out, I want to see how dominant Joel Embiid can be, and whether he'll play over 30 minutes a game. It'll be interesting to see how much Robert Covington does while Simmons is out.
I'm also excited to see how the Blazers' depth will prevent drop-offs when Lillard and McCollum take a rest. They added a lot of depth. Crabbe obviously looks promising, but I'm also hoping for good things from Napier, Turner and Harkless.
A lot of people have been hating on Dallas, but I think they have a nice mix of vets and promising young guys, shooters and defenders, and guys who can play multiple positions. I think they'll be better than some expect.

ewing
10-20-2016, 04:48 PM
the reemergence of Sasha Vujacic

R. Johnson#3
10-20-2016, 06:55 PM
KAT on his ascent to becoming one of the greatest big men ever to play the game.

Tg11
10-21-2016, 12:20 PM
My Celtics this season now that we have the talent to compete in the East

mrblisterdundee
10-21-2016, 11:53 PM
I can't wait to see Embiid and Saric develop and if Okafor or Noel can play with him/them

I've always been more interested in rising young teams like the Sixers.
I don't see Joel Embiid being limited to 20 minutes, if he's holding up well and Ben Simmons is still out. Even in 14 minutes per game in the preseason, he got 10 points, 5.5 rebounds and a blocked shot per game. Greg Oden was a similarly -efficient center, whenever he was on the court.
I'm interested to see Robert Covington get time at both forward spots. He's looking a bit like Rashard Lewis.
T.J. McConnell has a semblance of a shot, can run the point and rebounds like someone 4 inches taller. Jerami Grant can't shoot, but he's still really young and has big upside on the defensive end.
Ultimately, I think Philadelphia should trade two of their big men, preferably Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel, if Embiid works out.

Tg11
10-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Karl Anthony Towns could be the next great Minnesota Timberwolves great...he won't be any Kevin Garnett but I see KAT breaking out too