PDA

View Full Version : Was this season (2016) what you expected it would be?

BSF101
10-12-2016, 03:36 AM
Me personally I thought they had a good chance of winning it all
cause not only Ortiz retiring but cause of the last two embarrassing
season I thought we can't be in last place again. I didn't expect them
to go 93-69 more like 88-74 somewhere around there. And even though
some of you thought and probably still do think I hate them, I don't never
did what I hate was the fact they could of won games they were losing to
teams they should of beaten. That's like buying a Ferrari with 600hp then
you later find out it only has 590hp its that 10 extra HP that can be the difference
from going 0-60 in 3.3 sec to 0-60 in 3.7 sec. This is what this felt like a Ferrari
that all the potential to win the Formal 1 but coming dead last. Well there's always
next season and maybe this team the Red Sox will be in first place hands held high
as they rise that WS trophy.

Pittz
10-12-2016, 04:51 AM
:laugh2:

celticsman2009
10-12-2016, 09:30 AM
what?

RedSoxtober
10-17-2016, 08:49 AM
I think that the season was roughly what I expected from the Red Sox coming out of ST. Individual performances were different (I would have guessed something like Price's numbers from Porcello and vice versa). I think that I guessed them to be a fringe playoff team that would not get to the ALCS and that's pretty much where they landed. They grabbed a few more wins than I thought they would. They were also much streakier than I would have guessed.

Petertherock
10-21-2016, 12:51 AM
Honestly...I was hoping for a .500 season...they surpassed that expectation. Although, after they won the division I thought they had the team to go all the way...but once you go into the playoffs on a losing streak you aren't going to win in the playoffs in most cases. From the game they clinched the division on a grand slam loss to the Yankees they weren't the same team. They forgot how to win. I do feel bad for Ortiz though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

soxer04
10-23-2016, 02:41 PM
I sort of swayed with the Red Sox season.

Before we got Kimbrel I was expecting another rebuild year. With all the acquisitions that we made I thought we had a chance to make the playoffs. The moment we started hitting well I was encouraged. Around the time we got Pomz I thought if they don't make it to the ALDS I would be disappointed. There was a point in the season I expected to be disappointed in that I didn't think we were going to make it.

At some point during the 11 game winning streak and maybe sometime thereafter I thought we were amongst the top 4 teams in baseball. When we lost as many as we did at the end culminating with being swept I was disappointed how the season ended. However overall going from last to 1st and still having a pretty good farm system I am content with winning the division and maybe seeing how some of the younger players emerge for next year.

bagwell368
10-30-2016, 07:12 AM
Didn't fire the no-op Mgr. He's there next year to throw to the wolves if anything goes wrong.

Porcello and Betts exceeded, Fatty Panda was dead on, the pen was worse. Price is the playoff choke and easy to take offense twitter twit we expected.

Too many of the kids have the yips of inexperience to have gone far. Expect this team to go to WS once in next 3 years.

Fire the F***ING Manager, even Barstool says the players want his hoped for replacement in before he takes a gig elsewhere.

bagwell368
10-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Me personally I thought they had a good chance of winning it all
cause not only Ortiz retiring but cause of the last two embarrassing
season I thought we can't be in last place again. I didn't expect them
to go 93-69 more like 88-74 somewhere around there. And even though
some of you thought and probably still do think I hate them, I don't never
did what I hate was the fact they could of won games they were losing to
teams they should of beaten. That's like buying a Ferrari with 600hp then
you later find out it only has 590hp its that 10 extra HP that can be the difference
from going 0-60 in 3.3 sec to 0-60 in 3.7 sec. This is what this felt like a Ferrari
that all the potential to win the Formal 1 but coming dead last. Well there's always
next season and maybe this team the Red Sox will be in first place hands held high
as they rise that WS trophy.

Let me guess, riding the Orange Line at 1 AM, after too many blackberry brandies, headed for the oblivion of mom's basement...

AI
10-30-2016, 03:53 PM
Let me guess, riding the Orange Line at 1 AM, after too many blackberry brandies, headed for the oblivion of mom's basement...

Wow I laughed way too hard at this... Post of the year worthy :laugh2: