PDA

View Full Version : Judge considers mistrial in Rose rape case

mrblisterdundee
10-11-2016, 11:59 PM
U.S. District Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald, overseeing the civil case brought by a Jane Doe accusing Derrick Rose and two friends of rape, is considering a mistrial after the defense claimed the prosecution deprived them of key evidence:

Rose’s attorney asked for the mistrial on Friday, at the end of several days of testimony, alleging lawyers for the plaintiff had withheld from the defense text messages the woman allegedly sent to Rose that bolstered the men’s account of what occurred.
If, in fact, the defense was not given the texts, it would represent a significant gaffe by the woman’s legal team, since Baute and the attorney for Rose’s friends would have been denied the chance to question the woman about the messages under oath.
“This is a serious issue,” Fitzgerald said.
Fitzgerald told the plaintiff’s lawyers to come up with proof by Wednesday morning that the texts had been shared with the defense, according to the Associated Press. But Fitzgerald said if the attorney is unable to make it clear that he did so, he would consider declaring a mistrial.
- Joel Rubin, The Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-derrick-rose-rape-lawsuit-mistrial-20161011-snap-story.html)

D-Leethal
10-12-2016, 12:16 AM
This whole thing is like a bad lifetime movie or some ****.

NYKnickFanatic
10-12-2016, 12:20 AM
the more i read about this case... smh. This woman is after money...period.

Apparently there is a text from her AFTER the allegedly gang rape, and she asks Rose why he didn't have sex with her friend that night too? That she brought a friend and Rose didn't have sex with her and she was mad about that. Gimme a break.

“She was mad at me babe why u have me bring a b---h and u ain't fina f--k her,” the text read.

And LOLing, Rose said he took the condom with him because he didn't trust her with it...lol

Chronz
10-12-2016, 04:31 AM
Yeah, this woman fooled me. Someones prolly got a movie green lighted about this trainwreck

Aust
10-12-2016, 04:54 AM
If I were an athlete I wouldn't trust any woman around my used condom.

KnicksorBust
10-12-2016, 07:35 AM
With how serious the issue of sexual assault is in our country it seems necessary to find ways to avoid male offenders from getting off from their crimes... But man this girl really feels like a golddigger.

ball4reel
10-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Whats really bad about this whole thing is if he in innocent his reputation in tarnished forever.

Scoots
10-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Whats really bad about this whole thing is if he in innocent his reputation in tarnished forever.

No, what's really bad is that rape victims find it just a little harder to get justice. I don't know in this case what is real and what is not and I have not spent a lot of time reading about it, but every time someone says they were raped and then lose the case it's bad for rape victims. They see how people treat the "victim" in this case and are just a little less likely to fight for themselves, and the public is just a little more likely to believe the guy.

IndyRealist
10-12-2016, 09:03 AM
"lawyers for the plaintiff had withheld from the defense text messages the woman allegedly sent to Rose"

I get the legalese, but how did he not have them? And if they hurt her case, why did she save them?

mrblisterdundee
10-12-2016, 11:49 AM
"lawyers for the plaintiff had withheld from the defense text messages the woman allegedly sent to Rose"

I get the legalese, but how did he not have them? And if they hurt her case, why did she save them?

It appears to be shoddy work on the part of her lawyers in producing evidence.

SiteWolf
10-12-2016, 01:31 PM
one of the detectives investigating the allegations was shot and killed.......that can't be good

cmellofan15
10-12-2016, 02:25 PM
I don't think Rose's legacy is tarnished at all. rather than having allegations hanging there's a chance for him to be proven not guilty.

KnickNyKnick
10-12-2016, 02:36 PM
one of the detectives investigating the allegations was shot and killed.......that can't be good

i saw that, dosnt look good at all. But they saying attempted suicide?

Scoots
10-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Good point ... that didn't occur to me immediately and I don't know why. Unless of course he destroyed his copy of the "evidence" :)

rhino17
10-12-2016, 03:55 PM
There is absolutely zero chance this creates a mistrial, never gonna happen.

Rose is still a loser

Lil Rhody
10-12-2016, 05:01 PM
A detective on the case was just found dead from gunshot wounds....... pulling a page from Hernandez I see

chi-townlove1
10-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Literally was about to post this. Detective found dead. Pretty crazy. We can make all the accusations we'd like. Don't know the truth. But Its interesting to think about

D-Leethal
10-12-2016, 09:21 PM
I don't think Rose's legacy is tarnished at all. rather than having allegations hanging there's a chance for him to be proven not guilty.

I don't think it will be either - if he is proven not guilty and doesn't give up a penny, and the judge gives a strong ruling in his favor, the script might flip completely and he might look like a victim who was extorted and rather than settle he fought to clear his name and won. I don't see any difference between a gold digger doing something like this and a stick up crew robbing Kim Kardashian. The robbery is just done via a lawyer and it might even be worse because it drags out in front of the public and could tarnish a reputation with it.

Literally was about to post this. Detective found dead. Pretty crazy. We can make all the accusations we'd like. Don't know the truth. But Its interesting to think about

Don't know the truth but you can easily read about the evidence and testimony and each day it looks clearer that Rose is gonna walk and probably counter sue for his legal fees.

D-Leethal
10-12-2016, 09:23 PM
And please stop with the detective stuff. 1) Killing a detective would not stop the LAPD from pursuing the case. All of the evidence is documented and they would put a new ****ing detective on it. What would the point of that be? And 2) Rose is currently favored by all the press in the courtroom to win the case in civil court - criminal court is much more difficult to convict so why would he do some stupid *** **** like that at this juncture?

I know he's dumb as rocks but come on...

Scoots
10-13-2016, 10:35 AM
And please stop with the detective stuff. 1) Killing a detective would not stop the LAPD from pursuing the case. All of the evidence is documented and they would put a new ****ing detective on it. What would the point of that be? And 2) Rose is currently favored by all the press in the courtroom to win the case in civil court - criminal court is much more difficult to convict so why would he do some stupid *** **** like that at this juncture?

I know he's dumb as rocks but come on...

It's pretty clear that Rhody was just making a joke.

nycericanguy
10-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Rose cleared on all charges...

IndyRealist
10-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Rose cleared on all charges...

All of them found not liable, per ESPN radio.

Crackadalic
10-19-2016, 06:30 PM
"We Innocent"