PDA

View Full Version : 2016/17 MVP Predictions

tredigs
10-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Going off a conversation me and Chronz were having for this years MVP ballot, who are your favorite choices this season? Lebron, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Griffin, CP3, Kawhi, KD? Towns...? Seems to be an open slate. I'll share mine in a bit, what are your thoughts?

Htownballa1622
10-11-2016, 05:47 PM
I've been waiting on this thread. Thanks Tre!

For me, it'll be between Harden(production), Kawhi(best player on a top team), Westbrook (narrative and production).
It really will come down to Harden and Kawhi imo because I don't think Thunder will have a good enough record.

Warriors have 2 mvps on their team so I feel they will cancel each other out(not that I agree with it) and Bron seems to coast now regular season.

Blake and CP cancel each other out too. I don't feel Pacers will be good enough to warrant a place for George over Kawhi or Harden.

That's my 2 cents.

5ass
10-11-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm going with Harden. He'll put up some crazy stats. A lot of points and assists. Voters wont put much stock into defens. They might not even look at his turnovers count. He's a beast on offense though so he has a great chance to win it this year.

nycericanguy
10-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Westbrook comes to mind 1st, but I'm also thinking Harden is gonna have a humongous year playing for D'antoni. And I think HOU might be better than people think. D'antoni has gotten amazing years out of PG's. Who knows if Harden ends up putting up a 33/8/5 type season. He's my darkhorse.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2016, 06:13 PM
And still...Bron. Cleveland I think will have a very good record this year. This may be there best year they have had or are going to have.

KnicksorBust
10-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Durant

Vee-Rex
10-11-2016, 06:32 PM
I think it's gonna be Westbrook. He's gonna be fully unleashed.

The only issue/problem I see with that is... can he maintain it for 82 games? Also, will the Thunder finish strong enough for him to be considered?

I like Harden as a possibility too but I'm not sure they'll finish with a strong enough win/loss record either and we all know they like to give MVPs to guys who have teams that finish near the top of the conference.

Other than those 2, I'd probably go with LeBron or Durant. I think Durant may be a bit more aggressive in getting his shots than Curry, even though I'd call Curry the better player. And I think the Cavs are gonna finish with 60 wins this year and so LeBron will definitely be in the running.

5ass
10-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Durant

He's probably about to put up his most efficient season yet, which is scary considering he's already easily one of the most efficient 25+PPG scorers in NBA history.

Shammyguy3
10-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Curry/Durant/Klay/Green prevent any of those guys from getting recognition for the MVP honestly, similarly to how Lebron lost in 2011. Harden I don't see his team being good enough for the voters to award him. CP3/Blake are perceived year in and year out as underachievers by the voters it seems, and they are both battling injuries every year so they might not even get the chance to be healthy to warrant being in the discussion. Anthony Davis just isn't that good compared to these other guys, Karl Anthony Towns won't have the impact top-5 players have which puts him out of the race even if the Wolves make the playoffs. Westbrook will put up box score numbers but i don't think OKC makes the playoffs.

It will come down to Lebron vs Kawhi.

tredigs
10-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Here are my thoughts on some of them...

Curry: Between already winning the last two, not performing up to his level in the playoffs, and adding KD (who it seems he's OK deferring to offensively in the early going), it's an uphill battle for him to 3peat the award. It would likely take KD missing some time and him going nova for months on end again. Don't see it.

Lebron: With the recent chatter by Wade saying "Lebron could never pass Jordan", it does make this a bit more interesting if he came in with some extra vigor and the Cavs got off to a world-beating start. Seeing as he took the summer off from competition, it's not out of the question. I see him more as a top-3 finisher though.

Westbrook: The preseason favorite in Vegas, will have the media in his corner, and will rack up potentially dozens of triple-doubles, but I don't see him winning with that roster. We've seen him without KD for extended periods and the bottom line is that they just did not win enough games. Should Adams make the leap to being truly elite and Oladipo has a career year with them winning 50+ games though? Now he's a legit pick. But as is I don't see them as an HCA team and if history has proven anything concerning this award, it's that you almost have to be at least that good as a team to win it (by and large it goes to a player from a top 3 team every season).

Harden: The stats will be there and this squad is flying under the radar. They're coming off a down year and early projections have them at ~42 wins. I think this offense will simply be too good with Harden at point and Gordon/Anderson to kick out to for them not to eclipse that total (key here is if they can stay on the court). Harden could average 28/10/6 on high efficiency this season. If they get to 50+ wins and earn HCA, those numbers will be too big to ignore. He's my choice.

HM Durant. With all the negatives he has been dealt in the media over the last few months (some earned, some overblown), we may see a more possessed Durant than ever before (plus yeah almost certainly more efficient), and if he outplays (or at least outshines) the b2b MVP and the Warriors win 70+ games again, he could make a sneaky case for himself.

tredigs
10-11-2016, 06:54 PM
And forgot Kawhi. I'm not as high on him. Generally you need to be a top scorer in the game and/or have a great story arc to be the MVP. At the very least you need to drum up a large fan interest that turns a media narrative. While his production will have him there, none of that describes Kawhi.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Curry/Durant/Klay/Green prevent any of those guys from getting recognition for the MVP honestly, similarly to how Lebron lost in 2011. Harden I don't see his team being good enough for the voters to award him. CP3/Blake are perceived year in and year out as underachievers by the voters it seems, and they are both battling injuries every year so they might not even get the chance to be healthy to warrant being in the discussion. Anthony Davis just isn't that good compared to these other guys, Karl Anthony Towns won't have the impact top-5 players have which puts him out of the race even if the Wolves make the playoffs. Westbrook will put up box score numbers but i don't think OKC makes the playoffs.

It will come down to Lebron vs Kawhi.

Well said.

Scoots
10-11-2016, 07:02 PM
The team record part that voters look at is the tough part. Will the Rockets/Thunder finish with top 4 records? They pretty much need to finish in that range to get an MVP. Will KD be so incredible that he wins it despite the team he's on? Maybe Towns comes out of nowhere to take it? Maybe AD does what they thought he'd do the last 2 years?

Just far too random to call right now. If they were not on the same team I'd say the front runners are KD and Curry.

Htownballa1622
10-11-2016, 10:10 PM
I think after the warriors, spurs, and clippers the 4 seed is up for grabs.

I know ppl are high on jazz but I'm still kind of waiting to see. They'll be tremendous defensively.

I read or heard something about top 2 offenses finishing above 50 wins for the past x amount of years. If rox can grab that number 2 offense with like a top 20 defense I think that translates to many regular season wins (not postseason success) to where Harden has a shot.

I like Harden's chance better than westbrook.

Shammyguy3
10-12-2016, 01:59 AM
I can see Harden winning if he just goes gauntlet on everyone, the rockets will need it

NBA-GMaster
10-12-2016, 02:38 AM
RUSSELL WESTBROOK or JAMES HARDEN.. Stephen Curry rob the MVP trophies from these 2..

TheDish87
10-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Top 5 candidates: James, George, Leonard, Westbrook, Lowry

Honorable Mention: Harden

R!kSm!tz
10-12-2016, 10:38 AM
I don't be think there's any way Kawhi wins it. I think it goes to LeBron or Westbrook. It depends though, the NBA is so stuck on giving it to the best player on the best team.

LoveCaliFan
10-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Harden, Horford, Leonard, Conley, George are my 5 predicted canidate's. With the Top 2 being Harden and George. The winner will be P.George at 25ppg/ 7rpg/ 5apg/ 2spg/ 1bpg/ 48%fg/ 41% 3's. Pacers with 54-28 record.

ManningToTyree
10-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Westbrook he's going to put up video game numbers.

Hawkeye15
10-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Westbrook, or LeBron. KL the outsider.

Durant/Curry will cancel each other out (voters get weird when something like Durant to GS happens), Harden's team won't be good enough.

In reality, this will be an interesting year. Westbrook, and Harden, will put up stupid numbers, but I don't know if their teams will be good enough or not. Let's see how the voting goes.

cmellofan15
10-12-2016, 02:23 PM
I think Harden's team will be better than OKC. I mean lost the best player in franchise history. I don't really see them making the playoffs with that big of a change. I think it goes to Lebron or Harden.

mike44
10-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Don't think okc will be good enough for Westbrook to get it. Probably the same with harden. Lebron plays for the postseason now so the regular season numbers probably won't be there. Durant and curry may put up scoring effieciency numbers like we've never seen, I could see one of them winning if one is clearly better than the other. Maybe Paul George has a shot if Indy finishes top 2 in the east. Kawhi may take it if people don't want to vote for durant/curry

Heediot
10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
I know its only one game, but after watching Harden run the team today vs. the Pelicans, he seems too methodical and lacks the urgency needed to run Mike D's offense efficiently. It's preseason though, and maybe some of these guys are not in shape and or not giving their best. Sergio Llull who is loyal to Real Madrid would be ideal for Mike's system, he likes to push the ball. Rox have his rights and I would love to see him in the league.

MVP is going to Leonard this year. Spurs will have a top 2-3 record league wide and he is going to out 25 a game.

mrblisterdundee
10-12-2016, 05:22 PM
I doubt any Warriors win, because of how stacked their team is. There will be some guys like Westbrook and Harden who average some crazy stats. That'll put them at the top of the conversation, but their teams will need to at least be clear playoff contenders for them to have a real shot. I'll give my top five:

1. LeBron James: He's the undisputed leader of the defending champions. Cleveland still needs to trade Kevin Love to help unleash James at Power forward, but I think he'll still have some good stats on a quality team.
2. Kawhi Leonard: The Spurs live or die on how well Leonard plays. He's added the three-point shot and is arguably the best defender in basketball. But I think he can also add more passing to his game.
3. Russell Westbrook: The Westbeast will rampage this season. But whether the Thunder make the playoffs (If there is a God, let them be the eight seed) will determine whether he can win the MVP.
4. Paul George: He's the next-best version of Leonard, with equal scoring and rebounding, better passing and comparable defense and shooting. And the Pacers will be better than the Thunder or Rockets.
5. James Harden: I think he'll put up even bigger stats than before as the team's point guard. But I give the Rockets less chance of making the playoffs than the Thunder.

Honorable mentions: If the Wolves are on track to make the playoffs, consider Karl-Anthony Towns in the mix. If the Warriors somehow have an even better record than last year, then Kevin Durant's in the mix.

JordansBulls
10-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Dwyane Wade

Bostonjorge
10-15-2016, 11:34 PM
Today's NBA revolves around Westbrook and Durant. One of them will be MVP and the other NBA champ.

tredigs
10-16-2016, 12:38 AM
Today's NBA revolves around Westbrook and Durant. One of them will be MVP and the other NBA champ.

Strange way to frame an NBA who just had a Unanimous MVP who won b2b / a ship and another who is considered the greatest of the generation and just won another title/FMVP. Hint: Neither are either (to be fair, I know you're a common troll).

tredigs
10-16-2016, 01:15 AM
Dwyane Wade

It's refreshing that you're so far off in la-la land now that people (those who didn't see through you at least) can retroactively now know that your entire internet persona here was indeed a fun but clear farce, so there's that much.

Lol and to be clear, him saying D Wade is the future MVP is very much in line with JB's comments as a whole.

R!kSm!tz
10-16-2016, 03:16 AM
Dwyane Wade

He should have at least one, it's a shame he doesn't. He won't win any though

Giannis94
10-16-2016, 02:00 PM
Giannis. No question.

Stunner
10-16-2016, 02:38 PM
Westbrook won't be in the convo because his team won't be a top 3 seeded team in the west . No recent MVP has been on a team less than that . Leonard is the front runner imo , harden could be if they end up top 2-4

tredigs
10-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Westbrook won't be in the convo because his team won't be a top 3 seeded team in the west . No recent MVP has been on a team less than that . Leonard is the front runner imo , harden could be if they end up top 2-4

I just can't see a scenario where Leonard is blowing people away and leading an MVP conversation. He's a quiet, steady assassin and should be top-5, but it's just so much more likely that whatever the better storyline is (from a top scorer) takes it down as per usual. That's why I like Harden if Houston can bring it similar to their effect 2 years ago. His box-score stats will just look SO much better than Kawhi.

JasonJohnHorn
10-16-2016, 10:46 PM
I think LBJ is the odds on favorite. If he cleans up his 3-point shot (it looked better at the end of the season), he'll have another amazing season, and likely his last clear cut chance at an MVP award. I think he'll get the "I was wrong" votes as a reward for what he pulled off last year (you know, like when Al Pacino won for Scent of a Woman, or Paul Newman won for The Color of Money: they both should have won before that, but they got robbed so often).

When a guy pulls off a title in a year he was snubbed for MVP, and puts up MVP numbers the following year, he usually has a strong chance.

I feel like unless Harden suddenly turns into a good defender and the Rockets win 55+, Harden has already lost his shot at the award.

CP3 and Blake will both be great, but both have already had special seasons and not won it. I can't see either pulling it off.

Curry and KD will cancel each other out like LBJ and Wade did their first year together, and like Kobe and Shaq did when they were both alphas.

There are several guys who are in a position to put up crazy stats and potentially win a surprising number of games. Westbrook is the most obvious. That team still has a lot of talent and can win 50 games. Granger: there aren't a lot of options in Indy, so if they pull off 50 wins and he puts up stellar numbers, he'll be getting some votes. And Butler. Solid defender. Great scorer. If Chi-town wins 50 games, I can see him being given the credit for it.

But the Cavs will be in a position to win 60+ again, they are the defending champs, and LBJ will put up crazy numbers again. If things unfold like that, I just can't see anybody challenging him. The question mark is Westy. How many wins wil OKC get? And how crazy will his stats be? Are going to go with the P-Jax/Kobe approach when he returned to the Lakers and just let him go ape-$#!t all season, or are they going to try and get other guys involved? Will voters go for the guy who was closest to averaging a triple-double and/or had the higher scoring average? Or the team with the most wins?

I hope it will be a close race, but I see LBJ wrapping up what may be his final MVP award this year. Though there is no reason not to expect him to be in the running for the next three seasons.

europagnpilgrim
10-16-2016, 11:14 PM
Based on recent years how the media is going with the best player/best season with best record it would have to come down to a KD/Curry or Lebron, with Harden/Westbrook right there depending on team success but I feel they will round out the top 5 regardless because they will have numbers that you wont be able to ignore

I would like to see CP3 get him one but its probably not going to happen, if Cousins can get Sac to flirt with 40 wins and he continues his numbers he could also get a look but not as strong as the top 3 teams best/impactful player

europagnpilgrim
10-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Giannis. No question.

He is a nice dark horse type

if I were betting a long shot he would be it since his odds would be higher and the pay would be more and worth the gamble

Vee-Rex
10-16-2016, 11:47 PM
I think LBJ is the odds on favorite. If he cleans up his 3-point shot (it looked better at the end of the season), he'll have another amazing season, and likely his last clear cut chance at an MVP award. I think he'll get the "I was wrong" votes as a reward for what he pulled off last year (you know, like when Al Pacino won for Scent of a Woman, or Paul Newman won for The Color of Money: they both should have won before that, but they got robbed so often).

When a guy pulls off a title in a year he was snubbed for MVP, and puts up MVP numbers the following year, he usually has a strong chance.

I feel like unless Harden suddenly turns into a good defender and the Rockets win 55+, Harden has already lost his shot at the award.

CP3 and Blake will both be great, but both have already had special seasons and not won it. I can't see either pulling it off.

Curry and KD will cancel each other out like LBJ and Wade did their first year together, and like Kobe and Shaq did when they were both alphas.

There are several guys who are in a position to put up crazy stats and potentially win a surprising number of games. Westbrook is the most obvious. That team still has a lot of talent and can win 50 games. Granger: there aren't a lot of options in Indy, so if they pull off 50 wins and he puts up stellar numbers, he'll be getting some votes. And Butler. Solid defender. Great scorer. If Chi-town wins 50 games, I can see him being given the credit for it.

But the Cavs will be in a position to win 60+ again, they are the defending champs, and LBJ will put up crazy numbers again. If things unfold like that, I just can't see anybody challenging him. The question mark is Westy. How many wins wil OKC get? And how crazy will his stats be? Are going to go with the P-Jax/Kobe approach when he returned to the Lakers and just let him go ape-$#!t all season, or are they going to try and get other guys involved? Will voters go for the guy who was closest to averaging a triple-double and/or had the higher scoring average? Or the team with the most wins?

I hope it will be a close race, but I see LBJ wrapping up what may be his final MVP award this year. Though there is no reason not to expect him to be in the running for the next three seasons.

1. LeBron wasn't snubbed for the MVP

2. Granger is out of the league (hahaha I know you didn't mean it :P)

3. Butler doesn't have the offensive impact to be considered even if Chicago won 50 games, IMO.

Also, I don't think Harden has to become a good defender to win MVP. Box score stats still run that show. I think if he can just not be crap on defense and show some improvement like he did in the 14-15 season then he will be a candidate. If he does that and Houston gets a top 4 seed in the playoffs then he has a strong shot, IMO.

Stunner
10-17-2016, 01:02 AM
I just can't see a scenario where Leonard is blowing people away and leading an MVP conversation. He's a quiet, steady assassin and should be top-5, but it's just so much more likely that whatever the better storyline is (from a top scorer) takes it down as per usual. That's why I like Harden if Houston can bring it similar to their effect 2 years ago. His box-score stats will just look SO much better than Kawhi.

Well Leonard was 2nd in MVP voting and made 1st team over KD last season , he has the media attention already . Like I said harden will have the stats but it will Come down to team seeding , if he's not a top 3 seeded team he won't have a chance the same with Westbrook .

tredigs
10-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Well Leonard was 2nd in MVP voting and made 1st team over KD last season , he has the media attention already . Like I said harden will have the stats but it will Come down to team seeding , if he's not a top 3 seeded team he won't have a chance the same with Westbrook .

There's a big difference between getting top 5 votes and being the top of someone's list though. He's the perfect guy for voters to slot in as a top-5 guy (he was essentially tied with LBJ for 2nd and has exactly 0 first place MVP votes to date in his career), but it's going to be tough to write a dialogue for him to actually win it. The voters have already shown that they are ready to vote Harden as MVP if he can get the Rockets to a top 4 seed, so the precedent is there and with both low expectations going into this season along with the ridiculous stat line he'll have, I'd still roll with him as my choice (helps obviously that Curry/KD are together).

Btw since this thread has started Harden's Vegas MVP odds have nearly doubled, so if you got in on that early you got an amazing price. They caught on though.

DanG
10-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Curry

D-Leethal
10-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Harden. The Mike D'Antoni genius resurfaces. This is the first time since PHX he lands in a spot with a roster tailor made to his talents as a coach. They are a top 4 team out West and Harden puts up ridiculous numbers.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2016, 03:21 PM
Harden. The Mike D'Antoni genius resurfaces. This is the first time since PHX he lands in a spot with a roster tailor made to his talents as a coach. They are a top 4 team out West and Harden puts up ridiculous numbers.

that defense though...it might be bottom 5-8

tredigs
10-17-2016, 10:19 PM
that defense though...it might be bottom 5-8
Might not though. Granted, It's a different coach/roster (tho' with some key unchanged pieces) but they were top 10 in D two seasons ago (with an injured Dwight who missed 41 games and no Asik). There D won't be good, that's for sure, but if they can flirt with middle of the road on that end then they are going to win a lot of games. If that roster stays relatively healthy it's a top 3 offense. They'll probably take and make the most 3's in history other than this coming years Warriors (meaning more than last years Warriors). And Harden will be the prime beneficiary of those threes be it via assist or on his own accord.

I think OKC without KD is in trouble and frankly Harden is just a more talented player than Westbrook and Houston should win more games in account of that. Westbrook will break the modern-era triple double record though, so there is that.

Scoots
10-18-2016, 08:09 AM
I want someone to shave Harden in his sleep. See what he's hiding :)

Saddletramp
10-18-2016, 07:41 PM
I want someone to shave Harden in his sleep. See what he's hiding :)

A face. He's hiding a face.

5ass
10-18-2016, 08:34 PM
He is a nice dark horse type

if I were betting a long shot he would be it since his odds would be higher and the pay would be more and worth the gamble
Lol no. Giannis wont even get close IMO. My dark horse is Millsap. Contract year and more touches.

FlashBolt
10-20-2016, 02:50 PM
I actually think Kawhi has a great chance if he plays enough games and leads his team to a top 3/4 record overall. Other than that, I don't know.. Maybe CP3? LeBron won't play enough games. If he did and actually wanted to win MVP, I'd say he would win every year. Westbrook, man, we won't win enough games. We would be lucky to get the fifth seed in the West so unless the records are really that close, he's not winning it. Kevin Durant isn't winning it. GM's understand but lament KD's move at this point.

Jeffy25
10-21-2016, 01:04 AM
Westbrook and Kawhi are probably the best choices....After that you have Curry, George, LeBron, Durant, Thompson, Cousins, Davis, KAT all with a reasonable chance depending on team success, individual numbers, and injuries.

Jeffy25
10-21-2016, 01:06 AM
I've been waiting on this thread. Thanks Tre!

For me, it'll be between Harden(production), Kawhi(best player on a top team), Westbrook (narrative and production).
It really will come down to Harden and Kawhi imo because I don't think Thunder will have a good enough record.

Warriors have 2 mvps on their team so I feel they will cancel each other out(not that I agree with it) and Bron seems to coast now regular season.

Blake and CP cancel each other out too. I don't feel Pacers will be good enough to warrant a place for George over Kawhi or Harden.

That's my 2 cents.

I forgot about Harden, but that's mainly because I don't think he's as good as others do :p

tredigs
10-21-2016, 01:26 AM
I forgot about Harden, but that's mainly because I don't think he's as good as others do :p

To be fair also because you're new to basketball and don't quite understand how numbers/record have to do with the vote. He VERY nearly won it the year before last. He'll be very close this year if not win it I'd suspect.

Htownballa1622
10-21-2016, 08:43 AM

It's all good. He's probably the hardest player to gauge because some ppl rank him as low as top 15 while others rank him too high in top 5. He probably slides comfortably as a top 6 or 7 player.

I do notice that the people that tend to underrate him(top 15) don't watch or don't notice his impact and use media narratives when discussing him.

Definitely one of the more polarizing stars in the league.

Hawkeye15
10-21-2016, 09:55 AM
Might not though. Granted, It's a different coach/roster (tho' with some key unchanged pieces) but they were top 10 in D two seasons ago (with an injured Dwight who missed 41 games and no Asik). There D won't be good, that's for sure, but if they can flirt with middle of the road on that end then they are going to win a lot of games. If that roster stays relatively healthy it's a top 3 offense. They'll probably take and make the most 3's in history other than this coming years Warriors (meaning more than last years Warriors). And Harden will be the prime beneficiary of those threes be it via assist or on his own accord.

I think OKC without KD is in trouble and frankly Harden is just a more talented player than Westbrook and Houston should win more games in account of that. Westbrook will break the modern-era triple double record though, so there is that.

IF they flirt with middle of the road, they might be able to get near 50 wins. I just don't have any confidence that they will flirt with that. I think they are a bottom 8 defense. And top 2 offense. That means around .500, and the MVP doesn't come from a team outside the top 3 in their respective conference.

This year will be funny. I think Harden/Westbrook will put up video game numbers, but they will fall victim to their teams not being good enough. Durant/Curry will basically cancel each other out, and we see what voters do to a superstar who joins a super team (they ice him for the year), so those 2 are out imo. That leaves what? LeBron, and Leonard?

Hawkeye15
10-21-2016, 09:55 AM
It's all good. He's probably the hardest player to gauge because some ppl rank him as low as top 15 while others rank him too high in top 5. He probably slides comfortably as a top 6 or 7 player.

I do notice that the people that tend to underrate him(top 15) don't watch or don't notice his impact and use media narratives when discussing him.

Definitely one of the more polarizing stars in the league.

Harden's style tends to piss most people off, including myself. I can't stomach watching him for more than 2 minutes. Yet, I also understand how awesome he is offensively. I just can't watch him flop around like a dying fish on his way to 28 points...

Htownballa1622
10-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Harden's style tends to piss most people off, including myself. I can't stomach watching him for more than 2 minutes. Yet, I also understand how awesome he is offensively. I just can't watch him flop around like a dying fish on his way to 28 points...

That's totally fair.

What I find unfair is how he seems to be the poster child for it. Granted, his flops are quite egregious. There has been many times I've witnessed him get raked across the forearm and he doesn't get the call. I remember specifically a game last year or year before where it was the final possession and z-bo raked his arm and no call was made.

That's why I think he's excessive the times he does flop. He flops-yes. All the time-no.

Today's vine culture and sportcenter clips that highlight it make it seem like he does EVERY game and that's far from the truth.

EDIT: found it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=814YDuzfK9U
That happens much more than him flopping. I promise that.

Hawkeye15
10-21-2016, 10:39 AM
That's totally fair.

What I find unfair is how he seems to be the poster child for it. Granted, his flops are quite egregious. There has been many times I've witnessed him get raked across the forearm and he doesn't get the call. I remember specifically a game last year or year before where it was the final possession and z-bo raked his arm and no call was made.

That's why I think he's excessive the times he does flop. He flops-yes. All the time-no.

Today's vine culture and sportcenter clips that highlight it make it seem like he does EVERY game and that's far from the truth.

EDIT: found it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=814YDuzfK9U
That happens much more than him flopping. I promise that.

Harden just sells the **** out of it. He has the Manu ability, to keep perfect balance, while acting like he was shot, just whipping his head back. Of course he gets fouled, he attacks the rim. It's just the ridiculous flops he uses as part of his arsenal, that pisses people off. That, and his lack of even caring about the defensive side of the ball. He has shown he can defend if necessary, but he is tasked with such an offensive load, it's obvious the Rox don't even care to hold him accountable for not trying on defense.

I just can't stand his game.

Tg11
10-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Westbrook

Stunner
10-26-2016, 12:37 AM
Leonard

Vincent
10-26-2016, 01:35 AM
I think it will come down to who wins the #2 seed in the West

if the Spurs - Kawhi Leonard
if the Clippers - CP3

More-Than-Most
10-26-2016, 01:58 AM
Lebron might be a genius... I think he knows he cant win MVP by scoring 26PPG because of how often he does it and how still others will get the nod... I hope he goes with this play style all year and triesto average 23 or 24/10/8

I think that is more ideal for him to win his 5th MVP over 26/7/7 and will help save energy in the long run. Lebron should have 6-7 MVPs right now but we have taken for granted his 26/7/7 years because of how often he does it... Him focusing more on the assist/rebounds might be his way of getting that 5th MVP.

FlashBolt
10-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Lebron might be a genius... I think he knows he cant win MVP by scoring 26PPG because of how often he does it and how still others will get the nod... I hope he goes with this play style all year and triesto average 23 or 24/10/8

I think that is more ideal for him to win his 5th MVP over 26/7/7 and will help save energy in the long run. Lebron should have 6-7 MVPs right now but we have taken for granted his 26/7/7 years because of how often he does it... Him focusing more on the assist/rebounds might be his way of getting that 5th MVP.

The only reason he resorted more to scoring was because his teammates couldn't do so. It's like if Magic didn't KAJ/Scott+Worthy, he would have to score more. I'm not saying James can average a triple double but if Love can knock down his damn shots and Kyrie continues lighting it up, Cavs will be a better team. James can average 22/8/9 on Miami efficiency and win MVP. It's not even about saving energy at this point. He genuinely is a pass-first player who can score willingly as well.

More-Than-Most
10-26-2016, 02:48 AM
The only reason he resorted more to scoring was because his teammates couldn't do so. It's like if Magic didn't KAJ/Scott+Worthy, he would have to score more. I'm not saying James can average a triple double but if Love can knock down his damn shots and Kyrie continues lighting it up, Cavs will be a better team. James can average 22/8/9 on Miami efficiency and win MVP. It's not even about saving energy at this point. He genuinely is a pass-first player who can score willingly as well.

yup... i am ok with kyrie and love tonight... i think kyrie played pretty meh to bad but i hope he forces his shots all year as well as love... Id rather lebron be this type of player this year and trying to avg 23/10/9 or so...also it will give kyrie/love confidence and bron can turn into unstoppable mode whenever he wants.