PDA

View Full Version : NBA Auction Game: 4. Super Elites vs 5. Hartford

Shammyguy3
10-08-2016, 12:10 PM
This year, GMs sent private bids for the top players in the game, then used a draft and free agency to fill out their roster. Assume full health when voting. Which team below wins in a 7-game series?

4. Super Elites
PG: Chris Paul / Shaun Livingston
SG: Khris Middleton / Marcus Smart
SF: Otto Porter Jr. / Gerald Green
PF: Derrick Favors / Joe Ingles
C: Nikola Jokic / Ian Mahinmi

5. Hartford
PG: Dennis Schroeder / Deron Williams
SG: Demar DeRozen / Iman Shumpert
SF: Gordon Heyward / Mike Dunleavy Jr
PF: Kevin Love / Jabari Parker
C: Mason Plumlee / David West

Sadds The Gr8
10-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Reasons we win:

1) severe mismatch at PG. Schroeder is unproven as a starter and is matched up against one of the best PG's of all time. Paul could abuse him on offense, and absolutely frustrate him on D.

2) we have a ton of great wing defenders to bother Demar and Hayward. Livingston and Porter have had great success guarding Demar in past playoff series' with their length. Middleton and Smart are also very good defenders as well that could give both Demar and Hayward trouble.

3) Favors is one of the better defensive PF's in the league and definitely has the foot speed to keep up with Love on the perimeter. He will give him trouble on the offensive end as will with his brute post-up ability.

4) Their interior defense is atrocious. Love and Plumlee can't hold down the fort inside, and West and Parker sure as **** isn't enough off the bench to help cover that weakness. Actually, defense as a whole can be argued as a weakness against them. Demar struggled mightily in the playoffs and Love struggles there as well. Plumlee is not a rim protector and can't cover for their weak perimeter offense. The clear above average defender they have is Shumpert, who won't see alot of minutes. CP3 and Jokic/Favors could have a field day in the PnR

Raps18-19 Champ
10-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Sorry, meant to vote for Super's team. Please move my vote.

Mr. Baller
10-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Going with Sadd's. Chris Paul has too much an advantage for me to overlook.

Shammyguy3
10-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Sorry, meant to vote for Super's team. Please move my vote.

done, stop ****ing up your votes

Raps18-19 Champ
10-08-2016, 01:12 PM
LOOOL I mixed up the 2 threads.

mngopher35
10-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Leaning Cp3 team but wanna hear what Super has to say since I do like his team, it is very close for me.

KnicksorBust
10-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Reasons we win:

1) severe mismatch at PG. Schroeder is unproven as a starter and is matched up against one of the best PG's of all time. Paul could abuse him on offense, and absolutely frustrate him on D.

2) we have a ton of great wing defenders to bother Demar and Hayward. Livingston and Porter have had great success guarding Demar in past playoff series' with their length. Middleton and Smart are also very good defenders as well that could give both Demar and Hayward trouble.

3) Favors is one of the better defensive PF's in the league and definitely has the foot speed to keep up with Love on the perimeter. He will give him trouble on the offensive end as will with his brute post-up ability.

4) Their interior defense is atrocious. Love and Plumlee can't hold down the fort inside, and West and Parker sure as **** isn't enough off the bench to help cover that weakness. Actually, defense as a whole can be argued as a weakness against them. Demar struggled mightily in the playoffs and Love struggles there as well. Plumlee is not a rim protector and can't cover for their weak perimeter offense. The clear above average defender they have is Shumpert, who won't see alot of minutes. CP3 and Jokic/Favors could have a field day in the PnR

Good arguments. Save the best for last on purpose?

Sadds The Gr8
10-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Good arguments. Save the best for last on purpose?
Meh not really. The whole post was off the top of my head

KnicksorBust
10-09-2016, 09:33 AM
Can't vote on my phone but I like Super Elites.

Giannis94
10-10-2016, 10:33 AM
i knew we should of drafted collins!