PDA

View Full Version : The very best team from 2000 till now

More-Than-Most
10-08-2016, 01:12 AM
Meaning each year from 2000 till now put together the team you think would be the very best team each year... You can use all the best players but think about age/decline/personality and how each players skill set might benefit other players when choosing who would be the all nba team each year... Basically you will be putting out 16 teams with 10 players whom you think would get you the most wins over an 82 game season. Example Steve Nash is the ultimate faciliator/shooter but Jason kidd plays much better defense... Which guy gets the nod for that year would depend on how you put your team together and how each guy compliments the rest of the roster. Pick 10 players 5 starters and 5 who would be on your bench... Pick the best coach for your team and the best front office for your team each year and then choose which year you think has the best overall team.

2000-
2001-
2002-
2003-
2004-
2005-
2006-
2007-
2008-
2009-
2010-
2011-
2012-
2014-
2015-
2016-

mrblisterdundee
10-08-2016, 01:39 AM
This is getting kind of silly. You can just make an assemblage of the best players from each season, and that's certainly the best team you can make. So instead of spending a lot of time on this, I'll just make each year's squad a combination of the All-NBA first and second teams. I'm pretty sure that'll be the best team every time.

More-Than-Most
10-08-2016, 02:02 AM
This is getting kind of silly. You can just make an assemblage of the best players from each season, and that's certainly the best team you can make. So instead of spending a lot of time on this, I'll just make each year's squad a combination of the All-NBA first and second teams. I'm pretty sure that'll be the best team every time.

I dont think this is true at all. I even Made the comment of a Nash/Kidd... You dont think some players fit with other players better even if they arent the best? Some Considered 2000s Iverson as one of the best players in basketball but I am not sure id take him over some of the other guys out there who are much better defenders and shoot for a higher percentage.

mrblisterdundee
10-08-2016, 03:03 AM
I dont think this is true at all. I even Made the comment of a Nash/Kidd... You dont think some players fit with other players better even if they arent the best? Some Considered 2000s Iverson as one of the best players in basketball but I am not sure id take him over some of the other guys out there who are much better defenders and shoot for a higher percentage.

Iverson's an inefficient, high-usage player. But in an assemblage of the best two or three lineups in the league, each player can be used to their strengths, be they defense, shooting, scoring, distributing or any other. Iverson, for instance, would be my sixth man:
But if it will make you feel better, I'll play along:

2000:
PG: Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson
SG: Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen
SF:Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter
PF: Tim Duncan, Chris Webber
C: Shaquille O'Neal, Dikembe Mutombo
Coach: Gregg Popovich

2001:
PG: Jason Kidd, Gary Payton
SG: Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson
SF: Tracy McGrady, Paul Pierce