PDA

View Full Version : Create your teams best all-time team (10 players)

Jeffy25
10-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Pick a franchise, name the best players for that franchise in a starting and backup lineup

Grizzlies

PG - Mike Conley
SG - Mike Miller
SF - Shane Battier
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Marc Gasol
Bench
G - Tony Allen
G - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
F - Rudy Gay
F - Zach Randolph
C - Stromile Swift

HandsOnTheWheel
10-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Hardaway
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Shaq

Chalmers
WC
Glen Rice
UD
Mourning

bucketss
10-07-2016, 09:22 PM
lowry
tmac
carter
bosh
camby

D.stoudemire
derozan
christie
a.davis
valanciunas

dhopisthename
10-07-2016, 10:12 PM
John Stockton
Pete Maravich
Adrian Dantley
Karl Malone
Mark Eaton

Deron Williams
Jeff Hornaceck
Andrei Kirilenko
Carlos Boozer
Mehmet Okur

FlashBolt
10-07-2016, 10:53 PM
PG Westbrook
SG Ray Allen
SF Kevin Durant
PF Kemp
C Sikma

PG Payton
SG Dale Ellis
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Tom Chambers
C Enes Kanter

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2016, 11:11 PM
C- Hakeem, Camby
PF- Bosh, J. O'Neal
SF- Carter, Peja
SG- McGrady, Derozan
PG- Billups, Lowry

TheMightyHumph
10-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Nets

Centers-Billy Paultz, Eric Montross
PFs-Buck Williams, Kenyon Martin
SFs-Julius Erving, Bernard King (Rick Barry)
SGs-Super John, Kerry Kittles
PGs-Kidd, Micheal Ray Richardson (Sam Cassell)

TheMightyHumph
10-07-2016, 11:27 PM
C- Hakeem, Camby
PF- Bosh, J. O'Neal
SF- Carter, Peja
SG- McGrady, Derozan
PG- Billups, Lowry

Hakeem? He could have been charged with Grand Larceny for what he did to the Raptors.

Peja played TWO games for the Raptors

tredigs
10-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I think we gotta go solely with guys who played for your franchise when they were still great, and had at LEAST one season there while being great. Player crossover is OK, but Hakeem on the Raps or Payton/Malone on the Lakers are good examples of who you shouldn't choose (I assume he was joking btw).

Warriors:

PG: Curry / Tim Hardaway
SG: Mitch Richmond / Klay Thompson
SF: Rick Barry / Chris Mullin (Kevin Durant soon)
PF: Draymond Green (or Nate Thurmond if you count young Nate. Center after that)
C: Wilt Chamberlain / Nate Thurmond

Starting to look pretty filthy.

europagnpilgrim
10-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Well since I don't own a team or have a favorite one I just rank and root for players who showcase the gift

so once again I will throw a curveball to this thread

Magic/The Answer
Jordan/Big O
Lebron/Dr J(or Baylor)
Big Dipper/KG
Shaq/Hakeem

kobe4thewinbang
10-08-2016, 12:35 AM
C: SHAQ
PF: Gasol
SF: James Worthy
SG: Kobe
PG: Jerry West

---

C: Kareem
PF: Lamar Odom
SF: Elgin Baylor
SG: Eddie Jones
PG: Magic

I guess their weakest position has been SG outside of Kobe. Jerry was a combo guard but played most as a PG, so other than Kobe, nobody really that was amazing.

KnicksorBust
10-08-2016, 12:43 AM
C: SHAQ
PF: Gasol
SF: James Worthy
SG: Kobe
PG: Jerry West

---

C: Kareem
PF: Lamar Odom
SF: Elgin Baylor
SG: Eddie Jones
PG: Magic

I guess their weakest position has been SG outside of Kobe. Jerry was a combo guard but played most as a PG, so other than Kobe, nobody really that was amazing.

Kareem and Magic on the bench.. im dying

Jeffy25
10-08-2016, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I think we gotta go solely with guys who played for your franchise when they were still great, and had at LEAST one season there while being great. Player crossover is OK, but Hakeem on the Raps or Payton/Malone on the Lakers are good examples of who you shouldn't choose (I assume he was joking btw).

Warriors:

PG: Curry / Tim Hardaway
SG: Mitch Richmond / Klay Thompson
SF: Rick Barry / Chris Mullin (Kevin Durant soon)
PF: Draymond Green (or Nate Thurmond if you count young Nate. Center after that)
C: Wilt Chamberlain / Nate Thurmond

Starting to look pretty filthy.

Yeah, I was referring to accomplishments with that team, not hall of famers who laced up for 2 seconds

Ewing isn't a Sonic for example

kobe4thewinbang
10-08-2016, 03:03 AM
Kareem and Magic on the bench.. im dyingI know what you mean, but Shaq was unstoppable and Jerry's just as good if not better than Magic. I didn't really put much thought into chemistry, mostly cuz of Kobe. :eyebrow:

mrblisterdundee
10-08-2016, 03:15 AM
Trailblazers:
PG: Terry Porter, Damian Lillard
SG: Clyde Drexler, Geoff Petrie
SF: Brandon Roy, Kiki Vandeweghe
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, Maurice Lucas
C: Bill Walton, Arvydas Sabonis.

ManningToTyree
10-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Walt Frazier
Earl Monroe
Carmelo Anthony
Dave deBusschere
Patrick Ewing

Willis Reed
Amare Stoudemire
Bernard King
Allan Houston
Mark Jackson

YAALREADYKNO
10-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Mavericks

Nash
Blackman
Aguirre
Nowitzki
Chandler

Kidd
Terry
Finley
Perkins
Tarpley

warfelg
10-08-2016, 02:27 PM
AI, Korver, Dr J, Barkley, Wilt starting 5.

I think Iggy, Cheeks, Cunningham, Schayes, Malone.

Some good solid all round scorers. Wilt and Barkley give AI the support needed on the winds, Kroger gives the space, Dr J just does it all. Iggy gives 3 position flexibility. Cheeks can come in to slide AI to the 2-guard. Cunningham and Schayes could go 2-4. Malone brings the thunder.

Vee-Rex
10-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Mark Price - PG
World B Free - SG
LeBron James - SF
Larry Nance - PF
Brad Daugherty - C

Kyrie Irving - PG (I liked Ron Harper, Terrell Brandon, and Andre Miller too)
Austin Carr - SG
Campy Russell - SF
Shawn Kemp - PF
Zydrunas Ilgauskas - C

cmellofan15
10-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Billups - Fat Lever - Andre Miller
Thompson - AI - JR Smith
English - Vandeweghe - Reggie Williams
Melo - Issel - McDyess
Mutombo - Camby - Nene

cmellofan15
10-08-2016, 08:42 PM
whoops, just realized it said 10 players..just cut out that third unit and we're good lol

IndyRealist
10-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Pacers

PG Mark Jack
SG Reggie Miller
SF Paul George
PF Jermaine O'Neal
C Mel Daniels

Alex English
Adrian Dantley
Roger Brown
Detlef Schrempf
Rick Smits

Honorable Mentions: Jalen Rose, Vern Fleming, Dale Davis, Jeff Foster
Dishonorable Mention: Ron Artest

mightybosstone
10-09-2016, 10:40 AM
PG: Steve Francis / Calvin Murphy
SG: James Harden / Clyde Drexler
SF: Tracy McGrady / Rudy Tomjanovich
PF: Hakeem Olajuwon / Charles Barkley
C: Moses Malone / Yao Ming

I gave Yao the edge over Elvin Hayes and slid Hakeem over to the 4 as he'd be more capable of defending opposing 4s and stretching defenses offensively with his mid-range game. It's tough to give Barkley the benefit of the doubt over Hayes, but he was still a great player when he come over to Houston initially, and he's easily a top 20-25 caliber player all-time. I'm also just not a Hayes fan. Maybe it's because I never saw him play, but his numbers indicate a highly inefficient big man who wasn't particularly strong defensively.

PG for Houston is tough as the Rockets have traditionally always had so-so PGs, but Francis needed to crack the rotation somewhere, and Murphy was a star for the Rockets in the 70s. I also have James and T-Mac the edge over Drexler since Clyde was past his prime by the time he came to the Rockets for that second title run.

LoveCaliFan
10-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Johnson/ West
Bryant/ Jones
Baylor/ Worthy
Jabaar/ Gasol
O'Neal/ Chamberlain

Nobody's competing with this team.

LoveCaliFan
10-09-2016, 11:22 AM
my all time small ball lineup:

Van Exel
West
Bryant
Worthy
Johnson

mightybosstone
10-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Johnson/ West
Bryant/ Jones
Baylor/ Worthy
Jabaar/ Gasol
O'Neal/ Chamberlain

Nobody's competing with this team.

From an accolades/pedigree standpoint, obviously the Celtics could. Off the top of my head...

PG: Bob Cousy / Jo Jo White
SG: John Havlicek / Sam Jones
SF: Larry Bird / Paul Pierce
PF: Kevin Garnett / Kevin McHale
C: Bill Russell / Dave Cowens

The fact that I had to leave Ray Allen, Robert Parrish and Dennis Johnson off this list really says something about how much talent and success the Celtics have had in their careers. Now from an "on paper, who wins a basketball game" conversation, the Lakers would dominate. But if that's the conversation we're having, I think there are a few teams that could compete with LA, including Chicago and Houston.

bagwell368
10-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Russell, KG
McHale, Cowens
Bird, Havlicek
Allen, S. Jones
DJ, Rondo (gag)

Yeah on paper Cousy is the PG over Rondo (and I hate Rondo), but Cousy couldn't make a D1 college team these days.

Cowens as some may point out was a "Center". But take it from me who saw his whole career, he was a 4 playing out of position at 5.

And please, PP does not get ahead of Bird, or Havlicek - no way no how.

mightybosstone
10-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Russell, KG
McHale, Cowens
Bird, Havlicek
Allen, S. Jones
DJ, Rondo (gag)

Yeah on paper Cousy is the PG over Rondo (and I hate Rondo), but Cousy couldn't make a D1 college team these days.

Cowens as some may point out was a "Center". But take it from me who saw his whole career, he was a 4 playing out of position at 5.

And please, PP does not get ahead of Bird, or Havlicek - no way no how.

So, I understand your justification for not starting Cousy. I get it. But doesn't not giving minutes to Pierce just completely contradict that? If you're going with a "this team is playing an actual NBA game against other all-time teams" mindset, how in the hell do you leave Pierce off the roster? Also, how can you justify playing Hondo at the 3 against today's SFs?

Hondo should be at the 2, and Pierce should be right behind Bird at the 3 if you're going to try and win an actual game with that team.

Miltstar
10-09-2016, 02:15 PM
as a Raptor fan since day 1 I've seen it all I'll choose based on importance to the franchise and accomplishments as opposed to overall talent level

First team

Kyle Lowry - Demar Derozan - Vince Carter - Chris Bosh - Antonio Davis

Second team

Alvin Williams - Morris Peterson - Jerome Williams -Donyell Marshall - Amir Johnson

Third team

Damon Stoudamire - Doug Christie - Tracy McGrady - Jalen Rose - Marcus Camby

LoveCaliFan
10-09-2016, 07:59 PM
From an accolades/pedigree standpoint, obviously the Celtics could. Off the top of my head...

PG: Bob Cousy / Jo Jo White
SG: John Havlicek / Sam Jones
SF: Larry Bird / Paul Pierce
PF: Kevin Garnett / Kevin McHale
C: Bill Russell / Dave Cowens

The fact that I had to leave Ray Allen, Robert Parrish and Dennis Johnson off this list really says something about how much talent and success the Celtics have had in their careers. Now from an "on paper, who wins a basketball game" conversation, the Lakers would dominate. But if that's the conversation we're having, I think there are a few teams that could compete with LA, including Chicago and Houston.

The Celtics and Chicago imo would if they were this:

Celts:

D.Johnson
Pierce
Bird
Garnett
Russell

CHI:

Harper
Jordan
Pippen
Grant
Noah

mrblisterdundee
10-11-2016, 02:19 AM
my all time small ball lineup:

Van Exel
West
Bryant
Worthy
Johnson

I might have to make a thread like this. Make your franchise's best 10-man lineup suited for the modern NBA. Base your choices on how talented the player was with the team (i.e. Scottie Pippen probably doesn't make the cut. Michael Jordan probably wouldn't start for the Wizards). My Blazers:

Terry Porter, Damian Lillard
Brandon Roy, Geoff Petrie
• Clyde Drexler, Nicolas Batum
Clifford Robinson, Sidney Wicks
Rasheed Wallace, LaMarcus Aldridge

I went for shooting and defense. Robinson and Wallace were both good shooters who also played great defense. Petrie and Lillard are more offensively potent, but Porter and Roy are better two-way players. Drexler starts in any Blazers lineup. I debated whether to give Jerome Kersey or Batum the final spot, but liked Batum's shooting. I even debated adding Allen Crabbe.

Heediot
10-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Clippers

PG Chris Paul, Sam Casell
SG Ron Harper, JJ Reddick
SF Corey Magette, Lamar Odom
PF Blake Griffin, Danny Manning
C Bob McAdoo (Small Ball, more of a PF), DeAndre Jordan

LoveCaliFan
10-11-2016, 09:37 AM
I might have to make a thread like this. Make your franchise's best 10-man lineup suited for the modern NBA. Base your choices on how talented the player was with the team (i.e. Scottie Pippen probably doesn't make the cut. Michael Jordan probably wouldn't start for the Wizards). My Blazers:

Clyde Drexler, Nicolas Batum

I went for shooting and defense. Robinson and Wallace were both good shooters who also played great defense. Petrie and Lillard are more offensively potent, but Porter and Roy are better two-way players. Drexler starts in any Blazers lineup. I debated whether to give Jerome Kersey or Batum the final spot, but liked Batum's shooting. I even debated adding Allen Crabbe.

Oh man! That Blazer team looks N.A.S.T.Y. I forgot about them having C-Rob. Roy used to be someone i loved watching. He was Klay B4 Klay...lol...

kdspurman
10-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Parker / Johnson
Gervin / Ginobili
Leonard / Elliott
Duncan / Rodman
Robinson / Aldridge

Heediot
10-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Parker / Johnson
Gervin / Ginobili
Leonard / Elliott
Duncan / Rodman
Robinson / Aldridge

Rodman, Leonard, Duncan and Admiral on defense is just filthy. This team has a case for the most balanced and cohesive roster of them all.

IndyRealist
10-11-2016, 11:48 AM

Clyde Drexler, Nicolas Batum

For today's NBA:

PG: Jamaal Tinsley
SG:Reggie Miller
SF: Paul George
PF: Detlef Schrempf
C: Jermaine O'Neal

Reserves: Jalen Rose, Jeff Foster, Vern Fleming, Brad Miller, Mike Dunleavy,

Scoots
10-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Warriors:

PG Curry, Hardaway
SG Mullin, Richmond
SF Durant, Barry
PF Thurmond, Green
C Chamberlain, Parish

That's leaving out some pretty good players too: Baron Davis, Jeff Mullins, Klay Thompson, Andrew Bogut, Gilbert Arenas, Chris Webber, Jason Richardson, Andre Iguodala

9 of the 10 are either already in the hall of fame or likely to make it.

TheMightyHumph
10-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Parker / Johnson
Gervin / Ginobili
Leonard / Elliott
Duncan / Rodman
Robinson / Aldridge

Rodman? He was run out of San Antonio.

kdspurman
10-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Rodman? He was run out of San Antonio.

That wasn't part of the criteria. He played well his 2 years there

kdspurman
10-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Rodman, Leonard, Duncan and Admiral on defense is just filthy. This team has a case for the most balanced and cohesive roster of them all.

Yea, lots of flexibility there. Theyd be amazing defensively

PhillyFaninLA
10-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Starters: Mo Cheeks, Iverson, Dr J, Wilt, Moses
Bench: Hal Greer, Andrew Toney (but Larry Costello might be a better choice) Billy Cunningham, Charles Barkley, Dolph Shayes

I think this can go toe-to-toe with anyone.

KingPosey
10-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Pick a franchise, name the best players for that franchise in a starting and backup lineup

Grizzlies

PG - Mike Conley
SG - Mike Miller
SF - Shane Battier
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Marc Gasol
Bench
G - Tony Allen
G - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
F - Rudy Gay
F - Zach Randolph
C - Stromile Swift

Shareef was a PF. Id drop Swift since all he was was a bench dunker, and then Id slide in JWill aka White Chocolate

KingPosey
10-11-2016, 01:46 PM
My Kings:

Bibby/Ainge/JWill
The Rock/Christie
Peja/Artest I guess
CWebb/BMiller
Vlade/Cousins

Scoots
10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
It's interesting the players making multiple team's top 10s.

Wilt
KD
Mitch Richmond
LeBron
Rodman
Barkley

We tend to think about superstars staying with their team, maybe because of Magic/Bird/MJ/Kobe/Duncan ... but they do move around plenty often.