PDA

View Full Version : NBA Auction Game: 8. Portsmouth vs 9. Seaside

Shammyguy3
10-06-2016, 08:51 AM
This year, GMs sent private bids for the top players in the game, then used a draft and free agency to fill out their roster. Assume full health when voting. Which team below wins in a 7-game series?

8. Portsmouth
PG: Isaiah Thomas - Jeremy Lin
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - Gary Harris
SF: Wilson Chandler - Paul Pierce
PF: Anthony Davis - Brandon Bass
C: Brook Lopez - John Henson

9. Seaside
PG: Victor Oladipo | Ish Smith
SG: Klay Thompson | Alec Burks
SF: Tyreke Evans | Andre Roberson
PF: Kenneth Faried | Meyers Leonard
C: DeMarcus Cousins | Al Jefferson

Lucky.
10-06-2016, 10:25 AM
I've never done it before but I accidentally voted for myself :laugh2:

If you could fix that Shammy, that'd be great.

Giannis94
10-06-2016, 10:41 AM
SS- what's their team name. Kind of concerned here.

AI
10-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Interesting matchup. Will wait for writeups.

Super.
10-06-2016, 11:19 AM
I think IT smokes Dipo offensively. Theres not many people that can guard IT as it is and I'm not remotely convinced that Dipo will be the one to do it.

I do love the duel ball handlers of Reke/Dipo from Seaside, but I just don't think there's enough spacing with Faried and Reke.

Lopez is actually a really good rim defender (ITS TRUE! (http://i.imgur.com/z5m9G4g.png)) and I think that hurts Dipo and Reke.

Super close, like game 7 down to the wire close but I think Lucky's squad squeaks by.

valade16
10-06-2016, 12:14 PM
I think IT smokes Dipo offensively. Theres not many people that can guard IT as it is and I'm not remotely convinced that Dipo will be the one to do it.

I do love the duel ball handlers of Reke/Dipo from Seaside, but I just don't think there's enough spacing with Faried and Reke.

Lopez is actually a really good rim defender (its true!) and I think that hurts Dipo and Reke.

Super close, like game 7 down to the wire close but I think Lucky's squad squeaks by.

For this matchup we will have Oladipo and Klay both switching on to IT.

I also want to point out that Reke was actually very good from 3 last season. In fact, I think I have a lot of spacing:

Oladipo: 34.8% on 3.9 3PA
Klay: 42.5% on 8.1 3PA
Tyreke: 38.8% on 3.4 3PA
Cousins: 33.3% on 3.2 3PA

I don't think spacing will be too much of a concern to be honest.

I also want to say that both Tyreke and Dipo will be switching off ball handling duties as Tyreke played 42% of his minutes at PG last season and had an AST% of 34.6%, good for 12th in the league.

Super.
10-06-2016, 12:43 PM
For this matchup we will have Oladipo and Klay both switching on to IT.

Klay couldn't cover IT when they played Boston both times this year (Livingston ended up being the best defender against him lol) So I still think IT gets his.

I also want to point out that Reke was actually very good from 3 last season. In fact, I think I have a lot of spacing:

Oladipo: 34.8% on 3.9 3PA
Klay: 42.5% on 8.1 3PA
Tyreke: 38.8% on 3.4 3PA
Cousins: 33.3% on 3.2 3PA

I don't think spacing will be too much of a concern to be honest.

I didn't realize how good Reke shot last season actually.

I also want to say that both Tyreke and Dipo will be switching off ball handling duties as Tyreke played 42% of his minutes at PG last season and had an AST% of 34.6%, good for 12th in the league.

To be expected.

Like I said, this is a really really close matchup. I just think Lucky squeezes it out in the end.

hughest4
10-06-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm taking Seaside in this one.
Weird starting 5, but there is just something I really like about it.

Mamba42
10-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Seaside must've really under-performed in the regular season to only get the 9th seed. Maybe Cousins was wreaking havoc in the locker room? They have a nice team with plenty of star power with Thompson and Cousins surrounded by good pieces like Oladipo and Evans. Faried doesn't need any touches on offense but definitely brings it on defense.

I like what Portsmouth has put together as well, but I don't think they have enough to overcome Seaside. IT and Davis are good, but it's the depth of Seaside that wins it IMO.

Shammyguy3
10-06-2016, 06:24 PM
I've never done it before but I accidentally voted for myself :laugh2:

If you could fix that Shammy, that'd be great.

done

again i'm torn here

jon32
10-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Dunno how portmouth is rated above Valade. I really dont like Valades team.....which is crazy cuz he always builds my fav teams. But dont see how his team doesnt still destroy Portsmouth. I go Valade here.

Shammyguy3
10-07-2016, 08:27 AM
This is very similar to the mock off season matchup I had against brewer

Giannis94
10-07-2016, 09:40 AM
I thought seaside would win rather easily. I mean two top 15 players (albeit 1 that is a headcase) vs. PSD's love Child (IT) and an injury prone big man that everyone ripped me for not being on the court.

valade16
10-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Dunno how portmouth is rated above Valade. I really dont like Valades team.....which is crazy cuz he always builds my fav teams. But dont see how his team doesnt still destroy Portsmouth. I go Valade here.

I will take the compliment in that statement :)

7-6, more votes!

Ebbs
10-07-2016, 12:09 PM
**** this was the toughest one

KnicksorBust
10-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Portsmouth. Better fit offensively and in a dead heat home team gets the edge.

valade16
10-08-2016, 01:40 PM

I believe that makes it 9-8 for me

Shammyguy3
10-08-2016, 03:31 PM
It looks like valade is right, apologies to Portsmouth... Seaside moves on so I'm closing the other thread

Lucky.
10-08-2016, 10:39 PM
I didn't feel like I was a 1st round exit team, but I felt the same about Valade's team, so no hard feelings.

Congrats Valade.