PDA

View Full Version : NBA Auction Game: 6. Cocksville vs 11. Baltimore

Shammyguy3
10-06-2016, 08:48 AM
This year, GMs sent private bids for the top players in the game, then used a draft and free agency to fill out their roster. Assume full health when voting. Which team below wins in a 7-game series?

6. Cocksville
PG: Goran Dragic - Rajon Rondo
SG: Andrew Wiggins - Allen Crabbe
SF: Chandler Parsons - Gerald Henderson
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge - Thad Young
C: Nerlens Noel - Festus Ezeli

11. Baltimore
C: Kristaps Porzingis (33) - Cody Zeller (15)
PF: Paul Milsap (36) - Ersan Ilyasova (12)
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo (36) - DeMarre Carroll (12)
SG: DeMarre Carroll (15) - Eric Gordon (20) - JR Smith (13)
PG: Patrick Beverley (28) - Derrick Rose (20)

Giannis94
10-06-2016, 10:42 AM
The cocks attack with way to much firepower and baltimore ain't slowing it down.

Super.
10-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Man this is a close matchup. Im really going to think about this one.

unleashthebeast
10-06-2016, 11:22 AM
I feel like my defense (Baltimore) is perfectly equipped to slow down this Cocksville offense. LMA is the only scary offensive threat on that team and I have one of the best defensive PFs in the game in Paul Milsap to slow him down all series. Outside of LMA nothing scares me on that team, especially considering how good I am defensively at every position. Simply put, they can not score enough points to beat my team that's filled with matchup nightmares

hughest4
10-06-2016, 01:59 PM
I like Baltimore, but Cocksville is one of my favorite teams.

Shammyguy3
10-06-2016, 06:20 PM
really torn here

Giannis94
10-07-2016, 08:57 AM
I like Baltimore, but Cocksville is one of my favorite teams.

So what you're saying is that you like Cocks?

Ebbs
10-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Wanted to vote for Baltimore. That front court is awesome. But that backcourt is such ***.

AI
10-07-2016, 03:04 PM
I feel like my defense (Baltimore) is perfectly equipped to slow down this Cocksville offense. LMA is the only scary offensive threat on that team and I have one of the best defensive PFs in the game in Paul Milsap to slow him down all series. Outside of LMA nothing scares me on that team, especially considering how good I am defensively at every position. Simply put, they can not score enough points to beat my team that's filled with matchup nightmares

LMA is the only scary offensive threat? Millsap is going to stop him? In their head to head matchups, LMA has averaged 21 PPG on 48% FG% and 43% 3P% to go along with 8 REB. Since 2014 LMA has put up these monster games against him...

25 PTS - 16 REB - 43% FG% (32 MIN)
30 PTS - 12 REB - 56% FG% (39 MIN)
37 PTS - 11 REB - 63% FG% (37 MIN)

And last years matchups in which he barely played because the Spurs were demolishing the Hawks in their blowout wins (20 point win and 25 point win).

Wiggins scored over 20 PPG last season and ranked 9th in the entire NBA in getting to the FT line. As much as Carroll is "known" for being a good defender, my opinion is that he lost a step after the injury, Wiggins really isn't an ideal match up for him. Wiggins is too quick and athletic, and will attack at will. Can't post H2H matchups because Carroll was injured most of last season.

We all know Beverley is a tenacious defender, but Dragic has actually fared pretty well on him scoring 17 PPG on 50% FG%, 38% 3P% and dishing out over 5 AST per game.

I didn't even mention Parsons, or Noel who is the perfect C for this team, or the fact that Cocksville has a very deep bench. The point I'm trying to make is that Baltimore doesn't have anybody who is currently capable of carrying their team. Giannis has potential, but he's not there yet. KP is still miles away from being that type of player. Carroll and Beverley are good role players, but they are nothing to write home about either. At the end of the day, LMA has proven he can be a #1 option and Cocksville has numerous guys who can go off on any given day. His supporting cast is very good, the fit is very solid, and regardless of what UTB might say, I fail to see these supposed matchup nightmares he's referring to.

Cocksville takes this series rather easily. Could be a sweep or a 4-1 series, maybe even 4-2, but nothing more than that.