PDA

View Full Version : NBA Auction Game: 2. Goatland vs 15. No Namers

Shammyguy3
10-06-2016, 08:38 AM
This year, GMs sent private bids for the top players in the game, then used a draft and free agency to fill out their roster. Assume full health when voting. Which team below wins in a 7-game series?

2. Goatland
Gobert / Koufos
Harris / Saric
George / Iguodala
Redick / Powell
Teague / Jackson

16. No Namers
PG: Kyrie Irving / Trey Burke
SG: Jordan Clarkson / Josh Richardson
SF: Trevor Ariza / Omri Casspi
PF: Nikola Mirotic / Enes Kanter
C: Karl-Anthony Towns / Trey Lyles

Super.
10-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Leaning Goatland, but it's close

Irving torches whoever defends him (especially Teague) but Teague definitely scores on Irving.
Reddick torches Clarkson
Ariza is a good matchup for George (though George wins)
Harris and Mirotic cancel out

KAT is far more atheltic than Gobert and I think that really hurts Goatland. His spacing would bring Gobert away from the paint (which is his best attribute) and his defense is already very good and underrated. KAT might struggle a but scoring in the paint, but he's a good enough shooter that he can mitigate that. In their 3 matchups last season KAT averaged 21 ppg. Now I understand Gobert isn't a scorer, is is easily the 5th option on Goatlands offense but they would struggle mightily in containing KAT.

hughest4
10-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Goatland.

A nice, well balanced team. They have a great rim protector, a great 6th/7th man, and one of the best perimeter shooters in the game. Add PG into the mix and I see Goatland being one of the favorites to win this game.

Shammyguy3
10-06-2016, 06:21 PM
right now it's Goatland, a year from now depending on the jump KAT makes it may be the No Namers

jon32
10-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Goatland has the best player in the series in George but after that not much. Theres no question imo these backcourts are gonna score pretty easily on each other. But Irving/Clarkson will easily out duel Teague/Reddick.

Gobert is a defensive rim protecting beast but with KAT and Mirotic as an elite outside shooting frontcourt then Gobert along with being useless on Offense isnt much of a factor.
Aside from Kanter I have above average to great 3pt shooting at every position 1 through 5. My D is also quite good. Richardson/Ariza/Casspi/KAT/Lyles all very good defensive players.

Gimmie votes please and thank you its my first playoffs i think

Super.
10-07-2016, 09:29 AM
. But Irving/Clarkson will easily out duel Teague/Reddick.

Imma stop you right there lol. Clarkson was a decent offensive player on a bad team ( . Reddick is an above average defender, and very much so a premier scorer (one of the best 3 pt shooters in the game in fact).
Irving may score more the Teague in their matchups, but Teague always scores a good amount.

The efficient Redick would score more on the inefficient Clarkson.

Ebbs
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Goatland has the best player in the series in George but after that not much. Theres no question imo these backcourts are gonna score pretty easily on each other. But Irving/Clarkson will easily out duel Teague/Reddick. Gobert is a defensive rim protecting beast but with KAT and Mirotic as an elite outside shooting frontcourt then Gobert along with being useless on Offense isnt much of a factor.
Aside from Kanter I have above average to great 3pt shooting at every position 1 through 5. My D is also quite good. Richardson/Ariza/Casspi/KAT/Lyles all very good defensive players.

Gimmie votes please and thank you its my first playoffs i think

Do you believe that?

KnicksorBust
10-07-2016, 02:57 PM
right now it's Goatland, a year from now depending on the jump KAT makes it may be the No Namers

I was on the fence but this post sums it up nicely.