PDA

View Full Version : Should Dwyane Wade have gone to Cleveland?

R!kSm!tz
10-05-2016, 09:53 PM
An article came out today where Wade said he thought hard about going to Cleveland this offseason. He then said he wouldn't fit there but I don't know if I buy that or not. How much money did the Cavs have available? I think that was the biggest deciding factor in him not going. He also said he wants to bring guys to Chicago and wants to win a ring there. Do you think he should've went to the Cavs and how good would that team be?

I could be completely off here but some things ill be watching with this situation, because you never know what these guys are really thinking are as follows:

JR and Cavs stalemate

Bosh rumors of coming back

Bosh signing with the Cavs

Love to Chicago for Wade/Mirotic rumors (Wade gets his money and plays with the old big 3 members and Kyrie)

I believe even if Bosh doesn't come back we will see Love and Wade/Mirotic trade rumors coming up but as I said I could be completely off on all of these.

Also, idk how to post links and tweets but if someone is feeling generous they could link it to this thread, SLAM tweeted it.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Nah.

JordansBulls
10-05-2016, 10:05 PM
No, because he will lead us to a title.

europagnpilgrim
10-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Wade won either way you look at it

could have stayed in South beach

could have went and signed with his so called best buddy friend in Ohio

or could have went home like he flirted with back in 10' free agency and he chose this option, he won no matter where he chose to play but I guess home is truly where the heart is for some

SportsFanatic10
10-05-2016, 10:21 PM

or could have went home like he flirted with back in 10' free agency and he chose this option, he won no matter where he chose to play but I guess home is truly where the heart is for some

Yep, he also could have chased the most money with the 28m/yr Denver offer too.

R!kSm!tz
10-05-2016, 10:44 PM

Good points!

R!kSm!tz
10-05-2016, 10:45 PM
I think guys are discussing possibilities of teaming up to take out the Warriors. I guess these talks between players would become more serious if the Warriors were to win it all this year.

R!kSm!tz
10-05-2016, 11:23 PM

That would be nice lol.

mrblisterdundee
10-06-2016, 12:42 PM
I don't think Dwyane Wade believes he can win a title in Chicago. Like LeBron James, it was a coming home for him. He's already talked about the impact he wants to have in Chicago. I commend him for that, but don't know how long it will last.

R!kSm!tz
10-06-2016, 05:41 PM
I don't think Dwyane Wade believes he can win a title in Chicago. Like LeBron James, it was a coming home for him. He's already talked about the impact he wants to have in Chicago. I commend him for that, but don't know how long it will last.

Kind of contradicts what he says since he said he only plays to win championships now. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got something planned.

cmellofan15
10-06-2016, 09:32 PM
no the cavs need someone who can shoot

JasonJohnHorn
10-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Wade will be in a Cavs uni by the end of the season. Bulls will move him for JR Smith (he'll sign with the Cavs; nobody is in a position to give him more money who actually wants to).

Smith will have a smaller, maybe shorter contract, but something that comes within 20% of Wade's when thrown in with a bench warmer.

As for Bosh.... it looks like any team interested in his health over winning won't play him. But that said... the Heat are opening the door for him and LBJ to be reunited.

Sssmush
10-06-2016, 11:56 PM
of the various ugly stepsisters in the NBA's Eastern Division, the Cleveland Cavaliers are clearly the least warty and gross

Chronz
10-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Kind of contradicts what he says since he said he only plays to win championships now. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got something planned.

For gods sakes man, unless ur signing with Cleveland or gs, ur not really fighting for a title. Beta B KD n all

europagnpilgrim
10-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Yep, he also could have chased the most money with the 28m/yr Denver offer too.

True that but I feel that return to home after being soured by the Heat trumped that dollar gap because he almost got 50mill from Bulls and with the cold conditions being similar it was Chicago all the way, I feel he used Denver was leverage to get more or close to it with either the Heat/Bulls and Chicago won the Wade
sweepstakes

I give Nuggets big props though for putting up a nice offer

Clint Olbrock
10-07-2016, 05:01 PM
If he wanted a shot at another ring, yes. Otherwise, no.

R!kSm!tz
10-07-2016, 05:05 PM
If he wanted a shot at another ring, yes. Otherwise, no.

I think it's obvious a player of his level only plays for championships at this point.

R!kSm!tz
10-07-2016, 05:07 PM
For gods sakes man, unless ur signing with Cleveland or gs, ur not really fighting for a title. Beta B KD n all

You never know what's going to happen though. That's one of the best things about the league. What if he does get traded to the Cavs? What if the brotherhood team comes together after next season? What if CP3 and Griffin went to the Bulls next summer or CP3 and Bosh returns and go to the Bulls?

You just never know as much as we like to think we do. Everyone "knew" the Warriors would repeat last year but we saw what happened.

Clint Olbrock
10-07-2016, 05:52 PM
I think it's obvious a player of his level only plays for championships at this point.
I think not, because the Bulls aren't going to sniff a title this year.

Big Zo
10-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Nah, he ain't douchey like that. He just wanted to live out his childhood dream.

FlashBolt
10-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Cavs need a three and D guy. That's probably JR Smith right now. That Dunleavy pickup was HUGE for the Cavs. He's an easy 10 points a night, smart efficient player, and plays tough gritty defense. Would not be surprised if he becomes one of their most important player. Wade on the other hand doesn't care about winning.. I think he's contempt with three rings and raising his family.

JordansBulls
10-07-2016, 10:44 PM
I think not, because the Bulls aren't going to sniff a title this year.

Bulls will win between 57-63 games this year.

Clint Olbrock
10-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Bulls will win between 57-63 games this year.

Maybe, maybe not. They still aren't getting through the Cavs in a 7 game series.

R!kSm!tz
10-08-2016, 01:38 AM
Maybe, maybe not. They still aren't getting through the Cavs in a 7 game series.

Pretty cocky man, be happy with your one ring. You never know what might happen.

R!kSm!tz
10-08-2016, 01:40 AM
Cavs need a three and D guy. That's probably JR Smith right now. That Dunleavy pickup was HUGE for the Cavs. He's an easy 10 points a night, smart efficient player, and plays tough gritty defense. Would not be surprised if he becomes one of their most important player. Wade on the other hand doesn't care about winning.. I think he's contempt with three rings and raising his family.

Wade does care about winning. People actually believe this now? Hes very confident in this Bulls group and is also going to be recruiting players. That's just absurd to think a player of his caliber doesn't care about winning.

Clint Olbrock
10-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Pretty cocky man, be happy with your one ring. You never know what might happen.

How is that cocky? It's cocky to go with the team who has went to the finals the past 2 seasons and won last year? They're the clear favorite to come outta the East.

But for whatever reason, you don't think it's cocky to pick a team that wasn't even in the playoffs last season and has 8 new players.

Sorry, don't follow that logic.

R!kSm!tz
10-08-2016, 12:09 PM
How is that cocky? It's cocky to go with the team who has went to the finals the past 2 seasons and won last year? They're the clear favorite to come outta the East.

But for whatever reason, you don't think it's cocky to pick a team that wasn't even in the playoffs last season and has 8 new players.

Sorry, don't follow that logic.

This Bulls team is far better than last years and I never once said they're going to win the title lol. I just said you never know what might happen. As early as next year the Bulls could bring in 2 of CP3, Griffin, Bosh, Millsap, Lowry, etc. pair that with Wade Butler and Lopez and you have a hell of a team. I think they'll be competitive this year for sure but I'm not really one for predictions on where a team will finish because there's so much going into it. What if Bosh makes a comeback this season and goes to the Bulls and then they make a trade to upgrade as well? Or the fact that one little injury could change the way everything turns out. That's why I say enjoy it because you never know what will happen, if any of your guys big 3 go down its over for them, the East is much improved and if they make it out of the east they have very little chance beating who comes out of the West.

Clint Olbrock
10-08-2016, 03:04 PM
This Bulls team is far better than last years and I never once said they're going to win the title lol. I just said you never know what might happen. As early as next year the Bulls could bring in 2 of CP3, Griffin, Bosh, Millsap, Lowry, etc. pair that with Wade Butler and Lopez and you have a hell of a team. I think they'll be competitive this year for sure but I'm not really one for predictions on where a team will finish because there's so much going into it. What if Bosh makes a comeback this season and goes to the Bulls and then they make a trade to upgrade as well? Or the fact that one little injury could change the way everything turns out. That's why I say enjoy it because you never know what will happen, if any of your guys big 3 go down its over for them, the East is much improved and if they make it out of the east they have very little chance beating who comes out of the West.

If LBJ is healthy, the Cavs beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. I firmly believe that.

Lol just like the past 2 seasons the Cavs have no shot at beating whoever comes outta the West, right? We won in 2016 and were up 2-1 in 2015 without Love or Kyrie, gimme a break.

R!kSm!tz
10-08-2016, 03:52 PM
If LBJ is healthy, the Cavs beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. I firmly believe that.

Lol just like the past 2 seasons the Cavs have no shot at beating whoever comes outta the West, right? We won in 2016 and were up 2-1 in 2015 without Love or Kyrie, gimme a break.

You will not beat the Warriors or Spurs without Kyrie or Love.

Clint Olbrock
10-08-2016, 04:20 PM
You will not beat the Warriors or Spurs without Kyrie or Love.

Maybe not but why bank on them being hurt? Just as easy KD and/or Steph could be hurt and Dray could be suspended.

mightybosstone
10-09-2016, 11:05 AM
I think it essentially comes down to money and ego versus winning. If you want to still be "the guy" and make the most out of your remaining NBA years, you go to a situation like Chicago. If you accept that your peak is over (which it has been for years) and you just want to win and maybe add some more titles to your legacy, then you go to Cleveland.

But I don't fault Wade for picking Chicago. He still has a little something (not much, but something), left in the tank, and I don't fault him for wanting to be competitive, go somewhere where he can still be the focal point of the offense and make a lot more money. He's won more than enough rings in his career, and he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody at this point.

mightybosstone
10-09-2016, 11:06 AM

JB, I love you dude. But if you really think this, you're delusional.

R!kSm!tz
10-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Maybe not but why bank on them being hurt? Just as easy KD and/or Steph could be hurt and Dray could be suspended.

What I'm saying is clearly above your head lol.

Clint Olbrock
10-09-2016, 05:30 PM
What I'm saying is clearly above your head lol.

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

Stunner
10-09-2016, 09:01 PM
no the cavs need someone who can shoot

Wade turning into ray Allen this year

Stunner
10-09-2016, 09:02 PM
JB, I love you dude. But if you really think this, you're delusional.

You must be new around here lol

naps
10-10-2016, 04:14 PM
He is already the 3rd greatest SG of all time. He cant surpass Kobe's accolades being a role player. So he made the right decision by not going to the cavs. Ride these couple of years being the focal point of a storied franchise and then retire. Seems perfect.

R!kSm!tz
10-11-2016, 12:12 PM
He is already the 3rd greatest SG of all time. He cant surpass Kobe's accolades being a role player. So he made the right decision by not going to the cavs. Ride these couple of years being the focal point of a storied franchise and then retire. Seems perfect.

Seems like a nice way to go out. He's got probably 4 years left at the most, would be nice to see him go out with a ring.

R!kSm!tz
10-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Wade turning into ray Allen this year

71% from 3 so far lol. Lucky for us he decided to turn into the greatest shooter of all time this year.

R!kSm!tz
10-12-2016, 11:05 PM

They wanted Wade in Cleveland.

FlashBolt
10-13-2016, 02:20 PM

They wanted Wade in Cleveland.

Everyone knew that wasn't going to work out unless Wade was willing to take a massive paycut. The only issue with Wade in Cleveland is he can't shoot or defend. Three and D players are extremely valuable low USG% but high value players. Wade doesn't provide that in the sense that he's a LeBron-like player who needs the ball to be effective. That takes away possessions from LeBron AND Irving while bringing less value than a Three and D player. I like his chemistry with LeBron but Cleveland will do fine without Wade. J.R. Smith is someone they definitely need and should resign.

R!kSm!tz
10-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Everyone knew that wasn't going to work out unless Wade was willing to take a massive paycut. The only issue with Wade in Cleveland is he can't shoot or defend. Three and D players are extremely valuable low USG% but high value players. Wade doesn't provide that in the sense that he's a LeBron-like player who needs the ball to be effective. That takes away possessions from LeBron AND Irving while bringing less value than a Three and D player. I like his chemistry with LeBron but Cleveland will do fine without Wade. J.R. Smith is someone they definitely need and should resign.

It's obviously early but Wade has been knocking them down in the preseason so far and they look natural to him. Hopefully he can keep it up for us. He said the other day he can fit on any team and I think a believe. Players of that level can fit almost anywhere and they will make any team better. He's definitely still a top closer in the league and he has a very high basketball iq along with championship experience. I think he would've fit well there and upgraded the team but I'm very happy to have him.

FlashBolt
10-13-2016, 02:46 PM
It's obviously early but Wade has been knocking them down in the preseason so far and they look natural to him. Hopefully he can keep it up for us. He said the other day he can fit on any team and I think a believe. Players of that level can fit almost anywhere and they will make any team better. He's definitely still a top closer in the league and he has a very high basketball iq along with championship experience. I think he would've fit well there and upgraded the team but I'm very happy to have him.

You can't change shooting % in one season. Wade just doesn't have a good form and has never been a good shooter. Same reason why I believe James can't and will never be able to shoot regardless of what he says. I think he'll be great for many teams but Cavs don't need him. It was overkill with Wade+James at Miami alone. Now Wade+James+Kyrie? It might make for great storylines but that's all it will do. The only way Wade can knockdown a three consistently is when there isn't pressure on him. That's not going to happen with the way Bulls are assembled. Rondo can't shoot at all so no one is doubling him.

ewing
10-13-2016, 02:50 PM
He should have gone out to pasture

R!kSm!tz
10-13-2016, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=FlashBolt;31231085]You can't change shooting % in one season. Wade just doesn't have a good form and has never been a good shooter. Same reason why I believe James can't and will never be able to shoot regardless of what he says. I think he'll be great for many teams but Cavs don't need him. It was overkill with Wade+James at Miami alone. Now Wade+James+Kyrie? It might make for great storylines but that's all it will do. The only way Wade can knockdown a three consistently is when there isn't pressure on him. That's not going to happen with the way Bulls are assembled. Rondo can't shoot at all so no one is doubling him.[/QUoOTE]

I guess it remains to be seen but multiple players have improved their shot. Slide LeBron to PF where he is his best and start a shooter at the 3 and they would've had a crazy lineup.

R!kSm!tz
10-13-2016, 03:12 PM

Looks like Wade thinks he's still a key piece to a championship level team so there's no reason to go somewhere for so cheap. I still fear a Love and Wade swap is in the works for the deadline but we'll have to wait it out.

Kyrie
Wade
Smith or Dunleavy
LeBron
Thompson

That's a scary team and although Love is younger I would rather keep Wade for now.

Stunner
10-13-2016, 05:10 PM
Dwyane Wade on notion he should''ve signed with #Cavs in 2016 Free Agency to simply win another Title: "I'm not ring chasing." #Bulls