PDA

View Full Version : Where is Team Banana Boat most likely to dock?

mrblisterdundee
10-05-2016, 12:06 PM
We've all heard about Lebron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony wanting to play together for at least a season or two. James and Wade already have. The Ringer had an interesting piece on the Bulls potentially building a suitable dock (https://theringer.com/could-dwyane-wade-bring-team-banana-boat-to-chicago-5ac2de10c913#.skgrh65pz).
But if Team Banana Boat comes together, where do you think it's most likely to dock?

R!kSm!tz
10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
The Bulls so the can play together, win a championship for CP3 and Melo, and help out the community and crime that's going on there.

mrblisterdundee
10-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Cleveland could have made Team Banana Boat a reality, if they had been willing to give up a package including Kyrie Irving for Paul and Kevin Love for Anthony and if Wade was willing to take a pay cut to join. But I doubt Cleveland would give up Irving. James will probably have to leave home again if he wants to be on Team Banana Boat.
New York seems the likeliest spot, if James, Paul and Wade are all willing to take pay cuts in two years to play together. James has a player option if he opted out and made the first move, I think the dominos could fall. Kristaps Porzingis and Anthony both have three years left. Any deal would have to ensure the Knicks have enough cap room to resign Porzingis at whatever his maximum contract is at the time.
If that all happened, this would be the Knicks' depth chart:
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwyane Wade, Courtney Lee
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Lance Thomas
PF: LeBron James, Kyle O'Quinn
C: Kristaps Porzingis, Joakim Noah, Willy Hernangomez, Marshall Plumlee

Obviously New York made an error in signing Noah, and Porzingis should be their long-term center. But with some added depth in the back court, I think that team could go all the way and overpower Golden State, similar to the San Antonio team that beat the Heatles. The Knicks wouldn't even have to mortgage their future like the Nets.

R!kSm!tz
10-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Knicks wouldn't surprise me, they can all be quoted on talking about how special of a place it is to play.

They also said warm weather so Clippers wouldn't surprise me either.

I would assume they would go to a team 1 of them is already on but maybe they just shock everyone and go to a random team with loads of cap space and cheap young talent. I'm almost positive they will team up though.

tredigs
10-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Well contractually I'm pretty sure LBJ and Melo can't leave their spots until 2018/19 at the earliest (they would have to opt out), and at that point it's possible Melo and Wade are seriously starting to consider retirement (all of them possibly). We will see how their bodies hold up, but Wade would be in his late 30's. Maybe they give it a 1 year go in LA or something before they retire though, who knows.

jerellh528
10-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Retirement home

valade16
10-05-2016, 07:47 PM
By the time they could all team up they'd be so old it's no longer be a superteam.

R!kSm!tz
10-05-2016, 08:37 PM
By the time they could all team up they'd be so old it's no longer be a superteam.

Which means less money for each, possibly. Give that group some young studs on rookie contracts and you better watch out though. That's a group of guys you don't want to doubt in any situation, especially LeBron and Wade who have 6 rings between them.

SportsFanatic10
10-05-2016, 10:54 PM
I think Chicago might just end up being the place.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Cleveland or it's not happening. Lebron's not leaving and the other 3 need him more combined than he needs any of them.

europagnpilgrim
10-06-2016, 01:08 AM
that team would be Rockets 2.0 version like Pipp/Barkley/Dream but +1

it would be dangerous enough to make something happen but also old enough to blow it at the same time

LA/NY would be more epic and make them such legends of the highest order if they bring a Clippers/Knicks title there, especially Clippers

Chicago would be epic also but only if it means Lebron could get a chance to match Jordan in rings in a Bulls uniform assuming he wins a couple more rings before the move actually happens

mrblisterdundee
10-07-2016, 02:41 AM
LA/NY would be more epic and make them such legends of the highest order if they bring a Clippers/Knicks title there, especially Clippers

I've never even heard the Clippers in the discussion. That would entail every single one of them choosing to sign there, whereas Anthony's already in New York when the other guys' contracts expire, and when James has his player option. Porzingis would also be on the last year of his rookie contract (and possibly more valuable than Jordan by that point), giving New York extra cap space to sign James, Wade and Paul. Not to mention the Knicks have way more notoriety than an Los Angeles transplant from San Diego playing the second-favorite child in its arena.