PDA

View Full Version : Garnett invited to Cavs coaching staff

mrblisterdundee
09-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Tyron Lue has an open invitation to Kevin Garnett to join the Cavaliers' coaching staff.

"I talked to him about it," Lue said after Cavs practice Thursday. "I know his wife is pushing for it a lot. Brandi is pushing for it, trying to get him to come and coach. He says he's not ready yet. He goes back -- 'I might do it' -- but he's back and forth. We'll see. But I'd definitely make a spot for him if he wanted to come back and coach."
Earlier this month, Lue told TMZ that Allen Iverson, recently inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, could "come coach with me." While the Iverson invitation was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, Garnett is a more realistic candidate.
- Dave McMenamin, ESPN Staff Writer (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17670606/tyronn-lue-open-invitation-kevin-garnett-joining-cleveland-cavaliers-coaching-staff)

smith&wesson
09-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Weird. Thought he would join the twolves fo

Cracka2HI!
09-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Clippers would seem most likely being as he was at their practice today and lives in the area.

hugepatsfan
09-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Clippers would seem most likely being as he was at their practice today and lives in the area.

Not to mention KG loves Doc and Pierce with all his heart.

prodigy
09-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Not to mention KG loves Doc and Pierce with all his heart.

lol

spreadeagle
09-30-2016, 10:18 AM
Not really a guy I want coaching the young guys, could work on a veteran team like cavs tho

JAZZNC
09-30-2016, 11:43 AM
What exactly qualifies this guy as a coach??

And seriously AI??? So you want a guy who didn't practice to help run practice?

Chronz
09-30-2016, 12:59 PM

You ******** me?

Dude WAS the coach on the floor defensively, one of the most skilled bigs and someone who seems like he can be a great ducking motivator. If I had him in my life I'd be working out every day and I'd finally shed last years holiday weight. He could prolly teach our bigs the intricacies of Thibs system and defending against pnr better than doc can

AI is not touching any fo position tho you clearly don't understand the context of the statement he made those many moons ago. It's a testament to the media's ability to persuade the masses that the sound byte is entirely misconstrued even today. He didn't get where he was without practicing man.

smith&wesson
09-30-2016, 01:14 PM

Im pretty sure he could help with a little thing called defense :shrug:

Cracka2HI!
09-30-2016, 07:48 PM
He's working with Blake and DJ on their post moves so far. I don't see how that could be anything but a benefit. Good God if he could inject Blake with even half of his intensity Blake would be so much better for it.