PDA

View Full Version : Dan Gilbert giving out 1000 championship rings to all employees...even janitors!

IKnowHoops
09-29-2016, 12:18 AM
One of the coolest things Ive heard of an owner doing. Maybe he isn't an ---. Loosing Bron just hurt him that much. Either way...great gesture that makes up for the Lebron debacle in my eyes.

HandsOnTheWheel
09-29-2016, 12:45 AM
Pretty sure every team does that.

tredigs
09-29-2016, 12:46 AM
One of the coolest things Ive heard of an owner doing. Maybe he isn't an ---. Loosing Bron just hurt him that much. Either way...great gesture that makes up for the Lebron debacle in my eyes.

I find it VERY hard to believe that they will be the same rings - that's just too much money - but I'm sure they're still nice. Cool gesture for sure.

Pretty sure every team does that.
They don't. I've never heard of it. Though I'm sure some owners have made similar gestures from a monetary standpoint with bonuses of some sort.

FlashBolt
09-29-2016, 12:50 AM
Hard to imagine Dan forking that much money over and slight J.R. Smith like that. Most of them are probably going to be made from cheaper metals. Warriors rings were around $13,500 to make. That's $13,500,000. Small price to pay for Gilbert with the way that franchise has turned around lately but still, no way.

europagnpilgrim
09-29-2016, 01:46 AM
Hard to imagine Dan forking that much money over and slight J.R. Smith like that. Most of them are probably going to be made from cheaper metals. Warriors rings were around $13,500 to make. That's $13,500,000. Small price to pay for Gilbert with the way that franchise has turned around lately but still, no way.

Gilbert net worth is around 3-5billion so I am sure that is a good tax write off and chump change to him

he probably owns a yacht or takes yacht cruises which could cost 250k per day

good for Dan if he really did do this but it isn't much money when you are operating in the B's, he could take a loan from himself and pay the cost of those rings 10x over

kobe4thewinbang
09-29-2016, 01:59 AM
An organization runs well from the bottom to the top, and this is a class move by Gilbert. Cavaliers winning was a win for the whole state, if not all Ohio sports. It's fitting to include everybody. They didn't make the block of the century or the shot over Curry, but they did their jobs too.

jerellh528
09-29-2016, 03:04 AM
Had a high school teacher who was a low level scout for the angels and got a champisonship ring that he wore everyday. I feel like this may be somewhat common? I dunno about janitors though

Sly Guy
09-29-2016, 08:34 AM
good on him for reminding us that the janitors are tha real mvps.

prodigy
09-29-2016, 09:14 AM
I find it VERY hard to believe that they will be the same rings - that's just too much money - but I'm sure they're still nice. Cool gesture for sure.

They don't. I've never heard of it. Though I'm sure some owners have made similar gestures from a monetary standpoint with bonuses of some sort.

this. I'm hearing they are not the same rings LeBron and the players will get, but are still worth very good money.

I know people outside the fan base prob only knows Dan Gilbert for the letter he wrote to Cleveland fans (which i still have no problem with, he had to rally the fans). But Gilbert has always been a very nice and charitable guy. One of the best owners in basketball.

JR Smith whats insane money he is simply not worth. His agent is also a D-bag, yes hes one of lebrons buddies. I'm sure both sides will agree on something soon though.

Vee-Rex
09-29-2016, 09:56 AM
this. I'm hearing they are not the same rings LeBron and the players will get, but are still worth very good money.

I know people outside the fan base prob only knows Dan Gilbert for the letter he wrote to Cleveland fans (which i still have no problem with, he had to rally the fans). But Gilbert has always been a very nice and charitable guy. One of the best owners in basketball.

Yep. Passion, bro. That's something no one can staunch, and it's something I've always liked about Dan Gilbert.

I've always found it interesting how people completely ignored that and were quick to bash/trash Gilbert + Cleveland. People on the internet are as simple-minded and one-dimensional as ever, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

FlashBolt
09-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Yep. Passion, bro. That's something no one can staunch, and it's something I've always liked about Dan Gilbert.

I've always found it interesting how people completely ignored that and were quick to bash/trash Gilbert + Cleveland. People on the internet are as simple-minded and one-dimensional as ever, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Well, his letter was extremely unprofessional at the end of the day.

Hawkeye15
09-29-2016, 01:26 PM

bingo

prodigy
09-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Well, his letter was extremely unprofessional at the end of the day.

agree to disagree

D-Leethal
09-30-2016, 11:28 AM
Pretty sure this is normal. My buddy was a production assistant for HeatV or HeatTV when Miami won and got himself a ring. I'm sure it's not the same ring but he was about as low on the totem pole as you can get in the organization.

effen5
09-30-2016, 01:07 PM
every team does this

Scoots
09-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Every team does it, or something like it ... but not all rings are created equal ... not even close. Also I know at least one team had some pretty strict punishment if one of the numbered rings showed up on ebay.