PDA

View Full Version : Does Chris Bosh really have a serious health issue or is Riley trying .....

JordansBulls
09-23-2016, 11:03 PM
Does Chris Bosh really have a serious health issue or is Riley trying to get out of his contract and the Big 3?

Dade County
09-23-2016, 11:13 PM
Something is going on behind the scenes & Riley is trying to comeout on top.

As long as he can create another cheat team in the near futute, i'm all for it.

Lakers + Giants
09-24-2016, 02:18 AM
Something is going on behind the scenes & Riley is trying to comeout on top.

As long as he can create another cheat team in the near futute, i'm all for it.

Doesn't matter what he builds, nobody is beating the dubs.

McAllen Tx
09-24-2016, 07:11 AM
Both

da ThRONe
09-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Both

This. Miami has little incentive to clear Bosh as the reward pales in comparison to the risk. At the same time the reason why the risks are so high is because blood clots are a serious condition. The Heat best case scenario even with Bosh for 75+ games are still not likely to be a top 4 team in the East. If he goes out again they are royally screwed.

Sly Guy
09-26-2016, 01:31 PM
The thing that bugs me is that if he's able to play, Riley's pretty much destroying any shot he has at earning a few more dollars before he retires, and that'd piss the hell out of me if I were Bosh, and I'd pay attention to it if I were a free agent too.

My gut tells me this is the case, but I don't have a medical degree, so what do I know?

R!kSm!tz
09-26-2016, 02:06 PM
As someone said, both. Apparently Bosh has found doctors who have cleared him to play. If he's dead set on playing maybe a team like the Cavs or Bulls will give him a chance so he can team up with LeBron or DWade.

Wade n Fade
09-26-2016, 02:13 PM
As someone said, both. Apparently Bosh has found doctors who have cleared him to play. If he's dead set on playing maybe a team like the Cavs or Bulls will give him a chance so he can team up with LeBron or DWade.

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/779354640693489664

League doctors say Chris Bosh isn't ready to play. Chris Bosh could find doctors willing to collect $ and say anything because some don't care about their credibility and licensing.

TylerSL
09-26-2016, 02:58 PM
It is probably both, but in the spectrum of which is more true, it's Chris Bosh's health. What the problem with him playing again is, he needs to stay on blood thinners to ensure the clots will not return, and he cannot play basketball while on blood thinners. If he comes off the medication to play, as he did after the first clots, there is an overwhelming chance that the clots will return again even if precaution is taken (as they did this past season).

Look, Bosh was wearing special socks and pants to prevent a re-occurrence of clots but it did not work. The clots are going to keep coming back if he stops taking the medication. The Heat did work with Bosh camp exhaustively searching for a way to ensure the clots would not return by looking for a medication he could take while playing, but with clots you have to thin your blood.

Bosh's "solution" to coming back last year was taking his blood thinning medication at 3 or 4 in the morning so that by the time the game starts at 7 p.m. that night, the medication will have almost worn off and he wouldn't have such a risk for bleeding. It wasn't something the Heat were willing to risk. I understand Bosh, who wouldn't knowingly put himself in risk, believes he can play. But it's too risky for the team especially when you really care about him and his well being, which the Heat obviously do after our history with him. We gave him a 5 year max just to keep him. Yes, the team will probably get cap relief out of all this, but Bosh's health was #1 priority, of that I have no doubt.

SfgiantsJD3
09-26-2016, 03:05 PM
It is probably both, but in the spectrum of which is more true, it's Chris Bosh's health. What the problem with him playing again is, he needs to stay on blood thinners to ensure the clots will not return, and he cannot play basketball while on blood thinners. If he comes off the medication to play, as he did after the first clots, there is an overwhelming chance that the clots will return again even if precaution is taken (as they did this past season).

Look, Bosh was wearing special socks and pants to prevent a re-occurrence of clots but it did not work. The clots are going to keep coming back if he stops taking the medication. The Heat did work with Bosh camp exhaustively searching for a way to ensure the clots would not return by looking for a medication he could take while playing, but with clots you have to thin your blood.

Bosh's "solution" to coming back last year was taking his blood thinning medication at 3 or 4 in the morning so that by the time the game starts at 7 p.m. that night, the medication will have almost worn off and he wouldn't have such a risk for bleeding. It wasn't something the Heat were willing to risk. I understand Bosh, who wouldn't knowingly put himself in risk, believes he can play. But it's too risky for the team especially when you really care about him and his well being, which the Heat obviously do after our history with him. We gave him a 5 year max just to keep him. Yes, the team will probably get cap relief out of all this, but Bosh's health was #1 priority, of that I have no doubt.

If you take thinners everyday, then there is a therapeutic level in your blood stream and they aren't "gone" in 18 hours. When you first start the have you take your blood test 18 hours out for accuracy. After awhile that time difference never would have made a difference in his clotting time. If he was positive for factor 5 Leiden then he needs to be on anti coagulants the rest of his life. If you get a clot in your lungs your chances of dying used to be 80%, clots travel up the legs and into the lungs or heart.

TylerSL
09-26-2016, 04:20 PM
If you take thinners everyday, then there is a therapeutic level in your blood stream and they aren't "gone" in 18 hours. When you first start the have you take your blood test 18 hours out for accuracy. After awhile that time difference never would have made a difference in his clotting time. If he was positive for factor 5 Leiden then he needs to be on anti coagulants the rest of his life. If you get a clot in your lungs your chances of dying used to be 80%, clots travel up the legs and into the lungs or heart.

Well I know for a fact that Bosh was trying to make the case that by taking his medication that early, he would have a lower risk of bleeding by the time the game starts. I know he needs to take blood thinners for the rest of his life to ensure the clots won't return or spread. It has been my belief since the clots came back that he should retire from the league.

SfgiantsJD3
09-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Well I know for a fact that Bosh was trying to make the case that by taking his medication that early, he would have a lower risk of bleeding by the time the game starts. I know he needs to take blood thinners for the rest of his life to ensure the clots won't return or spread. It has been my belief since the clots came back that he should retire from the league.

Bosh's logic is flawed, that would mean that the dose was too low or non therapeutic, the science disagrees with him. The FDA considers contact sports a risk factor for blood thinners.

"Contact sports and other physical activities that may cause injury should be avoided because of the risk to induce bleeding. Although cuts and scrapes may be obvious sources of bleeding, there is also the potential for injury or mild trauma to cause bleeding into a muscle, joint, or organ (including the brain). Football and rugby would be obvious sports to avoid; but falls while skiing or the violent jerking of a roller coaster ride may also cause injury that may result in serious bleeding. Although you should avoid these types of activities, should any such injury - or severe headache - occur, you should report these to your clinician immediately. "
https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682277.html

TheDish87
09-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Does Chris Bosh really have a serious health issue or is Riley trying to get out of his contract and the Big 3?

so you think Riley spread a rumor that Bosh has these bad blood clots?

FlashBolt
09-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Bad season for Miami Heat. They might be one of the worst teams in the NBA...

Chronz
09-27-2016, 04:38 PM
C'mon guys. No team is gonna clear him

Catalysm
09-27-2016, 09:53 PM
Bosh is done.

Miami is screwed this season.