PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh fails heat physical

kdspurman
09-23-2016, 12:15 PM

From heat site

Chris has now taken his pre-season physical. The Miami HEAT regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities, and there is no timetable for his return.

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/miami-heat-statement-chris-bosh-2

Jetsguy
09-23-2016, 12:23 PM
I just don't see why CB doesn't just hang em' up. He is has a ton of money, is going to be paid all the money left on his contract and has 2 rings. Go enjoy your family CB!

I know it is easy to say from an outside perspective but retiring just seems best. Not worth risking your life for a game, even if the game gave you everything you have.

Sofnr
09-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Did anybody ever question whether the Heat doctors were going to fail him? They want him gone. This is far from over though. The guy clearly wants to keep playing basketball.

Htownballa1622
09-23-2016, 12:31 PM
That sucks big time. Feel for the big fella but he should just retire while he's still relatively healthy.

Hate injuries and hate things like this too. I've dealt with them too many times with tmac/yao.

I feel like heat don't want him back either so next year they can clear cap but more importantly because they don't want something bad happening to him based on health. Rough.

Clint Olbrock
09-23-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't think this is really a surprise to anyone. Like i said before dribbling through cones is much different than doing contact drills/practice and a far cry from an actual game.

As i also mentioned Airson telling Bosh he would see him in camp was no indication on his playing status, cleared to play or not Bosh has to report to camp.

As many have speculated the Heat most likely just want his salary off their books, given Bosh's history with blood clots it looks like that could potentially happen around February 2017.

Gotta feel bad for the guy.

nycericanguy
09-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Did anybody ever question whether the Heat doctors were going to fail him? They want him gone. This is far from over though. The guy clearly wants to keep playing basketball.

seems Bosh isn't fighting it though, which would lead me to believe there are legitimate issues and not just MIA trying to stop him from playing.

I agree, Bosh should probably just retire. He's going on 33, has all the money in the world, championships... not worth taking the chance.

YAALREADYKNO
09-23-2016, 12:38 PM
It's time for him to retire but I wanted to see him back out there on the court. Future Hall Of Famer

R. Johnson#3
09-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Sucks to see a great player get robbed like this. It's gotta be close to done now.

Wade n Fade
09-23-2016, 01:02 PM
I don't think he should fight it and just retire. Just because Tomas Fleischmann can play hockey with blood clots, that doesn't mean Chris Bosh should take such a risk. Hank Gathers' death was untimely. I would not want to see Chris suffer anymore as a fellow human being. He is highly intelligent and multi-faceted. Giving up basketball is hard, just ask Tim Duncan, but Chris needs to hang it up for his future and find a new calling that he can do well with.

IKnowHoops
09-23-2016, 01:09 PM
It's time for him to retire but I wanted to see him back out there on the court. Future Hall Of Famer

He's going to collect what is on his contract first and foremost.

kdspurman
09-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Riley's had better years...

KingstonHawke
09-23-2016, 02:07 PM
I just don't see why CB doesn't just hang em' up. He is has a ton of money, is going to be paid all the money left on his contract and has 2 rings. Go enjoy your family CB!

I know it is easy to say from an outside perspective but retiring just seems best. Not worth risking your life for a game, even if the game gave you everything you have.

You know how many people love basketball so much they devote all of their time to it for free? Why wouldn't someone like him try and get one more $50million contract? Look at the numbers they are giving out. And Bosh will be what, 34 in two years? If this issue was completely past him he could Channing Frye it up for some contender and make a pretty penny...

But all of this is moot. I said MONTHS ago that he would never be back. The doctor I see about my back said he was privy to Bosh's situation and that while Bosh seems devoted to come back that he doesn't see how it's possible given his condition. While he might feel ok, the risk involved if something goes wrong is death. Something about the medicine he's on and his blood not clotting if he gets cut. And we've all taken an elbow in the post that split us open at one point or another. And I even wonder if an NBA player might try to elbow him on purpose for that reason.

nycericanguy
09-23-2016, 02:11 PM
You know how many people love basketball so much they devote all of their time to it for free? Why wouldn't someone like him try and get one more $50million contract? Look at the numbers they are giving out. And Bosh will be what, 34 in two years? If this issue was completely past him he could Channing Frye it up for some contender and make a pretty penny...

But all of this is moot. I said MONTHS ago that he would never be back. The doctor I see about my back said he was privy to Bosh's situation and that while Bosh seems devoted to come back that he doesn't see how it's possible given his condition. While he might feel ok, the risk involved if something goes wrong is death. Something about the medicine he's on and his blood not clotting if he gets cut. And we've all taken an elbow in the post that split us open at one point or another. And I even wonder if an NBA player might try to elbow him on purpose for that reason.

with his healthy issues, even if he's cleared to play, there's no way anyone is going to pay him $50m or anything close to that. I think if MIA buys him out he'll be looking at vet min 1 year deals.

KingstonHawke
09-23-2016, 02:34 PM
with his healthy issues, even if he's cleared to play, there's no way anyone is going to pay him $50m or anything close to that. I think if MIA buys him out he'll be looking at vet min 1 year deals.

If doctors told the teams that it's nothing to worry about, that he was completely past this issue, and he put two years of healthy Bosh level play on tape... teams would have some money for him. Crabbe got $74/4. A big man with championship experience, who can get you buckets in the post, can stretch the floor, and can defend a bit. He'd easily be worth $16 a year. Look at Dirk. He just got almost double that.

Vee-Rex
09-23-2016, 02:39 PM
If doctors told the teams that it's nothing to worry about, that he was completely past this issue, and he put two years of healthy Bosh level play on tape... teams would have some money for him. Crabbe got $74/4. A big man with championship experience, who can get you buckets in the post, can stretch the floor, and can defend a bit. He'd easily be worth $16 a year. Look at Dirk. He just got almost double that.

It's a recurring condition. Doesn't matter if 10 doctors cleared him to play - no team wants to take a big risk and shell out that kind of money for something that could crop back up in February or March.

I knew Bosh's condition was career-ending when I heard it. Blood clots are not to be messed with. I only hope he retires. Sucks for him and the Heat organization/fans, but it's best to be safe than sorry.

canzano55
09-23-2016, 03:07 PM
I don't know if anyone here follows European football to any extent but there is a history of players - a small number albeit - literally dying on the pitch in high profile leagues because of clots/undetected heart defects etc.

The NBA being such a rich and robust sporting enterprise with some of the best physio/sports medical people in the world working there - you would likely wager that a fatal incident is probably the last thing you would expect to happen on the basketball court. What you're seeing is a situation where a team, advised by their medical staff, does not want to be the first team in NBA history to have blood on their hands.

Who can blame them?

Slug3
09-23-2016, 03:08 PM

A rumor is he could actually still have a clot in his system. Don't have a link to it but it was being said on the radio earlier. But again, I got no proof of that. But it does seem like Bosh at the moment is not going to fight it.

SteBO
09-23-2016, 04:00 PM
It's a recurring condition. Doesn't matter if 10 doctors cleared him to play - no team wants to take a big risk and shell out that kind of money for something that could crop back up in February or March.

I knew Bosh's condition was career-ending when I heard it. Blood clots are not to be messed with. I only hope he retires. Sucks for him and the Heat organization/fans, but it's best to be safe than sorry.
Couldn't have said it better myself.....for the record, the HEAT would've had every incentive to try and play him last year. The organization is conservative by nature, sometimes to a fault, but there's no question here.

Bosh really should just hang it up, and I hope he doesn't try to foul it up for the franchise from a PR standpoint, as I feel he tried to do a couple days ago. It isn't right. This is his life we're talking about here.

SfgiantsJD3
09-23-2016, 05:43 PM
A rumor is he could actually still have a clot in his system. Don't have a link to it but it was being said on the radio earlier. But again, I got no proof of that. But it does seem like Bosh at the moment is not going to fight it.

Clots either attach or move, on thinners the chance of a clot are very slim if he maintains the correct INR.
The danger is from the lack of clotting.
I have been on thinners for close to 30 years. The first thing the Dr. told me to avoid trauma.

A cut like we see in the NBA is not an issue, pressure can stop that, the issues are body blows or head bangs, internal bleeding that won't stop and may not be visible and when they symptoms manifest it may be too late.

The risk is huge from a legal liability standpoint for the team as much as to his health. I wish him the best, I was active but never at a high level like CB.

R!kSm!tz
09-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Terrible news, seems like a really good easy-going guy. I think too many people are looking into the money side of this more than they should. I can almost guarantee he wants to play for the love of the game. You have a guy who has done nothing his whole life but play basketball and now he you're telling him he can't do it anymore.

R!kSm!tz
09-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Has to suck for Miami fans the way the big 3 came to an end but you guys have a ton to be grateful for when it comes to the big 3. LeBron and Bosh helped bring you guys 2 rings and was a really fun team to watch while Wade brought you guys 3 rings and over a decade of all time great play.

AllBall
09-23-2016, 08:44 PM
I don't know if anyone here follows European football to any extent but there is a history of players - a small number albeit - literally dying on the pitch in high profile leagues because of clots/undetected heart defects etc.

The NBA being such a rich and robust sporting enterprise with some of the best physio/sports medical people in the world working there - you would likely wager that a fatal incident is probably the last thing you would expect to happen on the basketball court. What you're seeing is a situation where a team, advised by their medical staff, does not want to be the first team in NBA history to have blood on their hands.

Who can blame them?

This. If the NBA or another team wants to have that on their hands, so be it. Won't be Miami.

da ThRONe
09-24-2016, 09:45 AM
Bosh plans to continue his career. Calls this a minor setback. Hard to say if anything that made him fail the physical is anything new. My first reaction was like everybody here when I first read he fail the physical. That it's best to play it safe, now I'll just wait to see how this plays out. Miami has little incentive to clear Bosh. That team is just mid-tier with Bosh on it anyways. The Heat best case if they clear Bosh is probably a 1st round exit out of the playoffs and worse case(obviously barring death) is that Chris has to retire and his remaining contract counts against the cap. So again very little incentive for MIA to clear Bosh.

FlashBolt
09-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Terrible news, seems like a really good easy-going guy. I think too many people are looking into the money side of this more than they should. I can almost guarantee he wants to play for the love of the game. You have a guy who has done nothing his whole life but play basketball and now he you're telling him he can't do it anymore.

Can't and shouldn't are two different things. He shouldn't risk his life for basketball. Not when he has a family and there has been an instance where a basketball player has died due to blood clots. Miami is at a no-win situation. Bosh needs to understand that it might be time to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R!kSm!tz
09-24-2016, 11:38 AM
Can't and shouldn't are two different things. He shouldn't risk his life for basketball. Not when he has a family and there has been an instance where a basketball player has died due to blood clots. Miami is at a no-win situation. Bosh needs to understand that it might be time to retire.

Yea no doubt, I'm just pointing out that it's probably more for the love of the game and competition than it is the money. It's all the guy knows.

da ThRONe
09-24-2016, 11:56 AM

Well we all risk our lives for things some smaller than playing professional basketball. The thing is to assess the risk then determine what they are and the likelihood of the worst case scenario happening and go from there. I think Bosh is smart and self aware enough not to put himself at risk if he thinks the risks are too severe. So if he's still pushing the issue some doctor somewhere is advising him the chances of something happening isn't likely.

HandsOnTheWheel
09-24-2016, 01:59 PM
I can't speak on his behalf, but as a fan, he's being a complete nuisance right now.

Had he been cleared and came back only to have this minor setback sometime during the reg season, Heat would be on the hook for another 2 years or whatever it is on their salary books. Its already happened twice and a third time would be crippling to the Heat organization.

Just give it up bud its best for everyone involved.

FlashBolt
09-25-2016, 01:59 AM
Well we all risk our lives for things some smaller than playing professional basketball. The thing is to assess the risk then determine what they are and the likelihood of the worst case scenario happening and go from there. I think Bosh is smart and self aware enough not to put himself at risk if he thinks the risks are too severe. So if he's still pushing the issue some doctor somewhere is advising him the chances of something happening isn't likely.

And then what? Have his family sue the team for allowing him to play when he wasn't cleared? It just doesn't make sense. He's screwing with this franchise right now. Good guy but man, the only reason the organization isn't allowing him to play is because it's not good for PR.

jaydubb
09-25-2016, 06:06 AM
Hang em up CB.. Think of your family, they need you alive. You got money, fame, an extremely successful NBA career that is HOF worthy and 2 championships.. That's more then what most NBA players accomplish in their career.. Take all that and retire and enjoy your family. It's not worth it to put your life in danger just to chase more NBA success and more money, you already have all that, it's not worth it to go after more and possibly die while doing it..

FlashBolt
09-26-2016, 10:47 AM
Riley said he's done with Miami. Might be time for CB to look elsewhere if he still wants to play (Chicago?)

Wade n Fade
09-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Well, this is what Miami could do: keep Bosh on the roster until February, get an injured player exception, and then hold him back from playing 10 games. The PA will be a thorn for months to come, but they cannot do much given that the Heat have doctors on their side, including potential new "independent" ones.

SteBO
09-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Really annoying that this has to become messy.....sure there are benefits to Miami keeping him out, but given that Spo has seen the worst case scenario and Miami's conservative nature in general, sometimes to a fault, it's clear they're also looking out for him from a health standpoint.

Bosh should just hang it up. As difficult as it is to give up the one thing you love and have identified yourself with, it ain't worth your life.

kdspurman
09-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Really annoying that this has to become messy.....sure there are benefits to Miami keeping him out, but given that Spo has seen the worst case scenario and Miami's conservative nature in general, sometimes to a fault, it's clear they're also looking out for him from a health standpoint.

Bosh should just hang it up. As difficult as it is to give up the one thing you love and have identified yourself with, it ain't worth your life.

Agreed... Obv not an easy decision for Bosh, but it's def the best way to go for both parties IMO. I can't see another team gambling on him either.

smith&wesson
09-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Bosh is a good dude, and a fine player. I hope it all works out for him because its sad to see him be treated this way by the organization that simply just no longer needs him.

Shows a couple things.

1. Pat Riley has turned out to be a big douche with how he has treated Wade and now Bosh as well. Owners want loyalty but are not loyal themselves. not at all. Whos going to sign there in free agency after seeing how Wade and Bosh were dealt with ? in the end money talks, but I cant imagine that players view this in any kind of positive way.

2. If this is a move to save money because Pat knows that his team is retooling/rebuilding then fine.. but where's the appreciation to the players who brought you rings?

3. Players should think long and hard before jumping ship and ring chasing. Chris has to ask him self would this happen in Toronto ? likely not. The opportunity in Miami was great and I get that. But it seems now that they don't need him he is being treated as if he is in the way, rather then them having his back. its sad to see.

smith&wesson
09-26-2016, 02:06 PM

I disagree. I think its very obvious that Riley and the heat simply want to save the money. You have to ask yourself if Heat were in position to contend would Bosh be playing for them this season? If LBJ was still there, would they want Bosh gone? I seriously doubt it.

You take good look at their team and you can understand that Bosh is not part of the plans moving forward and their best course of action would be to use to provision on him and save the money so they can develop their young players and have good cap flexibility moving forward..

Bosh will dress for another team and will play again. Blood clots can be treated. Lots of teams will covet him imo.

Riley is not looking good here in anyway. Has he personally reached out to chris ? to my understanding they haven't talked in months. But if you have genuine concern for a players life, I would imagine some kind of meeting would take player where that can be expressed. Instead its the silent treatment.. same thing with wade.

Wade n Fade
09-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Bosh is a good dude, and a fine player. I hope it all works out for him because its sad to see him be treated this way by the organization that simply just no longer needs him.

Shows a couple things.

1. Pat Riley has turned out to be a big douche with how he has treated Wade and now Bosh as well. Owners want loyalty but are not loyal themselves. not at all. Whos going to sign there in free agency after seeing how Wade and Bosh were dealt with ? in the end money talks, but I cant imagine that players view this in any kind of positive way.

2. If this is a move to save money because Pat knows that his team is retooling/rebuilding then fine.. but where's the appreciation to the players who brought you rings?

3. Players should think long and hard before jumping ship and ring chasing. Chris has to ask him self would this happen in Toronto ? likely not. The opportunity in Miami was great and I get that. But it seems now that they don't need him he is being treated as if he is in the way, rather then them having his back. its sad to see.

Stop buying into a subjective narrative. The Heat have every legitimate reason to hold Bosh out of action, especially considering he failed a physical given by the league's HQ.

The Heat also have a business to run. There isn't a Kobe contract for Wade because Riley wants to be competitive and not a laughing stock for seasons on end. Wade hates Durant and got his feelings hurt because he wasn't option #1. How can he be #1 when he misses a ton of games and is aging? You don't pay for past services in a contract if you're Pat Riley, which is why he's making decisions.

As for Bosh, he knew fully well that he might never even play again. The writing is one the wall. Spo loves Bosh as a person. So many members of the media do too. He is truly one of the most genuine and intelligent players in the modern era. He should retire. Miami isn't doing a disservice to him. If Bosh didn't like Miami, why did he take a max deal from Miami to stay here knowing there wasn't much of a title chase given an aging Wade and at then time, a lack of resources? Houston would've made better sense even with a 4 year deal. Riley is being too open about it, which is why people view him negatively. Pat took care of Hassan Whiteside's deal quick into FA. Miami would love a healthy Chris Bosh. His contract isn't as bad with the media $ coming in. In addition, he is one of the best PFs in the game that you can build around. To say that they don't need him is ludicrous.

smith&wesson
09-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Stop buying into a subjective narrative. The Heat have every legitimate reason to hold Bosh out of action, especially considering he failed a physical given by the league's HQ.

The Heat also have a business to run. There isn't a Kobe contract for Wade because Riley wants to be competitive and not a laughing stock for seasons on end. Wade hates Durant and got his feelings hurt because he wasn't option #1. How can he be #1 when he misses a ton of games and is aging? You don't pay for past services in a contract if you're Pat Riley, which is why he's making decisions.

As for Bosh, he knew fully well that he might never even play again. The writing is one the wall. Spo loves Bosh as a person. So many members of the media do too. He is truly one of the most genuine and intelligent players in the modern era. He should retire. Miami isn't doing a disservice to him. If Bosh didn't like Miami, why did he take a max deal from Miami to stay here knowing there wasn't much of a title chase given an aging Wade and at then time, a lack of resources? Houston would've made better sense even with a 4 year deal. Riley is being too open about it, which is why people view him negatively. Pat took care of Hassan Whiteside's deal quick into FA. Miami would love a healthy Chris Bosh. His contract isn't as bad with the media $ coming in. In addition, he is one of the best PFs in the game that you can build around. To say that they don't need him is ludicrous.

the money he is owed is that of a corner stone franchise type player. The heat are simply not in a position to contend at this time. They have young players and they are rebuilding. If they can save Bosh' salary I think its a no brainer to do so from a business stand point.

Also I completely disagree with you about wade. He brought 3 ships to that team and was not dealt with properly. You can say it was about Durant and hurt feelings but that doesn't mean anything... Simply put with out wade theres no ships. not 1, 2, or 3... so yes some respect was due there and it wasn't given.

Wade n Fade
09-26-2016, 02:19 PM
the money he is owed is that of a corner stone franchise type player. The heat are simply not in a position to contend at this time. They have young players and they are rebuilding. If they can save Bosh' salary I think its a no brainer to do so from a business stand point.

Also I completely disagree with you about wade. He brought 3 ships to that team and was not dealt with properly. You can say it was about Durant and hurt feelings but that doesn't mean anything... Simply put with out wade theres no ships. not 1, 2, or 3... so yes some respect was due there and it wasn't given.

Without Riley, the Miami Heat brand would be less relevant. Airson hired Riley after his success in NY and LA. Who drafted Wade? Riley. Who signed Lamar Odom? Riley. Who traded for Shaq? Riley. Who managed the cap over the last few seasons, Andy Ellsberg, a Pat Riley disciple. There is a reason why Pat Riley has the "Godfather" moniker. If Pat Riley was as you described him, then why did Zo come back after being a Net and Raptor?

smith&wesson
09-26-2016, 02:31 PM
Without Riley, the Miami Heat brand would be less relevant. Airson hired Riley after his success in NY and LA. Who drafted Wade? Riley. Who signed Lamar Odom? Riley. Who traded for Shaq? Riley. Who managed the cap over the last few seasons, Andy Ellsberg, a Pat Riley disciple. There is a reason why Pat Riley has the "Godfather" moniker. If Pat Riley was as you described him, then why did Zo come back after being a Net and Raptor?

Wait a second... where did I ever discredit Riley as a basketball mind? Pat Riley is among the greatest and there is no question about that, nor did I ever say he wasn't a genius in what he is able to do. If anything I stated, from a business stand point it makes perfect sense what he is doing here as Bosh doesn't fit the plans moving forward and they are better served to use the provision on him and save the money. That is the best course of action for the organization and so therefor I can understand why Riley is doing it, even if I don't agree with it.

the way he dealt with Wade, and now Bosh has not looked good on him. He may be doing what's best for business, but he is simply proving how cut throat the industry is and that loyalty really has no part in the game from a players stand point, or an owners and this just proves it yet again.

R!kSm!tz
09-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Pat Riley's prime was over awhile ago.

Wade n Fade
09-26-2016, 03:05 PM
Wait a second... where did I ever discredit Riley as a basketball mind? Pat Riley is among the greatest and there is no question about that, nor did I ever say he wasn't a genius in what he is able to do. If anything I stated, from a business stand point it makes perfect sense what he is doing here as Bosh doesn't fit the plans moving forward and they are better served to use the provision on him and save the money. That is the best course of action for the organization and so therefor I can understand why Riley is doing it, even if I don't agree with it.

the way he dealt with Wade, and now Bosh has not looked good on him. He may be doing what's best for business, but he is simply proving how cut throat the industry is and that loyalty really has no part in the game from a players stand point, or an owners and this just proves it yet again.

I am just saying that without Wade, there isn't a way to know Miami wouldn't have won at least one title in 13 year span. All I know is that without Riley, the Heat wouldn't be where they are today as a modicum of success. Could Riley have been more hands on with Wade and Bosh? Sure, but it doesn't mean he knows what he's doing and how to handle the Heat's future before he retires.

smith&wesson
09-26-2016, 03:10 PM
I am just saying that without Wade, there isn't a way to know Miami wouldn't have won at least one title in 13 year span. All I know is that without Riley, the Heat wouldn't be where they are today as a modicum of success. Could Riley have been more hands on with Wade and Bosh? Sure, but it doesn't mean he knows what he's doing and how to handle the Heat's future before he retires.

I think its pretty safe to bet that if wade wasn't there, they wouldn't have gotten shaq.. if wade wasn't there they wouldn't have gotten LeBron either.

As you can see simply having guys in the front office doesn't lure major stars. Phill Jackson being in new york doesn't automatically mean stars went running there to play in ny.

Wade was phenomenal when he was younger and Shaq wanted to play with flash after the fall out with Kobe. Hence why he agreed to the trade. When Bosh and LBJ went to Miami it was mostly due to Wade being there. lets not kid ourselves here. This is like saying Durant would sign with GSW because Jerry West is there... ummm no Durant signed with Golden State to play with other stars who give him the best chance to win. that is the reality.

smith&wesson
09-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Pat Riley's prime was over awhile ago.

lol as a player? yeah it was over a long, long time ago lmao. that was jokes.

Wade n Fade
09-26-2016, 04:12 PM
I think its pretty safe to bet that if wade wasn't there, they wouldn't have gotten shaq.. if wade wasn't there they wouldn't have gotten LeBron either.

As you can see simply having guys in the front office doesn't lure major stars. Phill Jackson being in new york doesn't automatically mean stars went running there to play in ny.

Wade was phenomenal when he was younger and Shaq wanted to play with flash after the fall out with Kobe. Hence why he agreed to the trade. When Bosh and LBJ went to Miami it was mostly due to Wade being there. lets not kid ourselves here. This is like saying Durant would sign with GSW because Jerry West is there... ummm no Durant signed with Golden State to play with other stars who give him the best chance to win. that is the reality.

Phil as an Executive has nothing on West or Riley, so we cannot use that comparison. But at the same time, if Miami had the #1 pick in the draft, LeBron would've been here in 03. The Pistons could've drafted Wade before Darko. Given the past 13 seasons, Wade was a huge part of the Heat's run to three titles, but that doesn't mean Miami would've not won a title if Wade wasn't here. Riley is good enough to win without Wade as proven by his past success with the Lakers and the Knicks.

R!kSm!tz
09-26-2016, 04:51 PM

Just saw this from a retweet on Twitter. Pretty valid point and I would say it applies to each member of that Miami teams big 3.

Clint Olbrock
09-26-2016, 05:14 PM

Just saw this from a retweet on Twitter. Pretty valid point and I would say it applies to each member of that Miami teams big 3.

Pat chased off the big 3, lol what an idiot.

AllBall
09-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Is everyone overlooking the fact that Bosh went to New York to plead his case to the NBA and they came to the same conclusion? :confused:

europagnpilgrim
09-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Bosh will play some where other than Miami, it makes sense for the Heat to do this since he is the last head of the former big 3 and would have never been there in the first place if it wasn't for the other two that are gone already

Bosh also should reach out to me and I could help him cure of these blood clot symptoms, its a simple process just like getting rid of those other cancerous/HIV type symptoms that occur, they all have natural cures point blank period

thing is if they actually spill the cure for those type of ailments then all the doctors-hospitals/pharmacy companies would be **** up creek with no paddle, would turn a multi billion dollar empire into a 99 cent dollar store overnight, literally

europagnpilgrim
09-26-2016, 09:55 PM

Not sure if he chased them off since they went to 4 straight Finals and Riley is a proven winner as a coach/gm but he sure as hell did whiff on keeping that big 3 in tact to add on to it for another 3-5 year run

da ThRONe
09-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Is everyone overlooking the fact that Bosh went to New York to plead his case to the NBA and they came to the same conclusion? :confused:

The league exist to serve the teams not the players. That why the players' union bargain with the league.

Clint Olbrock
09-26-2016, 10:28 PM
Not sure if he chased them off since they went to 4 straight Finals and Riley is a proven winner as a coach/gm but he sure as hell did whiff on keeping that big 3 in tact to add on to it for another 3-5 year run

No doubt, that is more accurately what I meant.

Once Pat pissed off the other 2, he wanted no part of paying the large contract to Bosh.

AllBall
09-26-2016, 10:42 PM
The league exist to serve the teams not the players. That why the players' union bargain with the league.

On what grounds do you believe the Players Union would make the argument to the NBA that Bosh should be playing? Their interest should also be for the safety of the players they represent. I can't see them simply making the argument that Bosh should play because he wants to and thinks he can. That would be irresponsible.

da ThRONe
09-26-2016, 11:33 PM
On what grounds do you believe the Players Union would make the argument to the NBA that Bosh should be playing? Their interest should also be for the safety of the players they represent. I can't see them simply making the argument that Bosh should play because he wants to and thinks he can. That would be irresponsible.

This post assumes that there aren't doctors telling Bosh that he's safe to play. The Heat doctors are going to side with the organization that pays them. Since the owners make up the league their doctors will do what's in the Heat management best interest. Which is why players always seek their own doctors in these situations. Likewise Bosh will go to the union with his doctors saying he should be cleared and the players union will support him because that's what they are paid to do. At the end both sides will have to settle on a "independent" doctor to make a final and the decision on whether Chris condition can be considered career ending.

The organization, the league and the union will all do what's in their respective best interest regardless of what's best for Chris Bosh.

SteBO
09-27-2016, 08:37 AM
I disagree. I think its very obvious that Riley and the heat simply want to save the money. You have to ask yourself if Heat were in position to contend would Bosh be playing for them this season? If LBJ was still there, would they want Bosh gone? I seriously doubt it.

You take good look at their team and you can understand that Bosh is not part of the plans moving forward and their best course of action would be to use to provision on him and save the money so they can develop their young players and have good cap flexibility moving forward..

Bosh will dress for another team and will play again. Blood clots can be treated. Lots of teams will covet him imo.

Riley is not looking good here in anyway. Has he personally reached out to chris ? to my understanding they haven't talked in months. But if you have genuine concern for a players life, I would imagine some kind of meeting would take player where that can be expressed. Instead its the silent treatment.. same thing with wade.
We can have a discussion on Wade, because I have my own theories on that subject. To be frank, I'm kinda with you there. I just hope you're also the same guy who's applauded the Lakers for giving the Kobe they gave him, because otherwise you'd be hypocritical.

Bosh is another matter entirely. He's entitled to feel the way he feels, but Miami'a also entitled to play it safe. He had a second recurrence of clots, and physical contact could be fatal. Beyond anti-Pat/Miami bias, how anybody could fault the Heat for their position is amazing. Then again, maybe not....

SteBO
09-27-2016, 08:46 AM
1) LBJ is the one who wanted to bolt, as he had been planning it a year or two prior.

2) I'm with you on Wade to an extent. I really do hope we get a leak or something on what exactly was discussed an offseason ago.

3) Bosh had a second recurrence of clots. So...is Miami suppose to go out and clear him and tempt the worst case scenario?

It astonishes me how you have your heels so dug in on your anti-Miami bias that all common sense and rationale just goes right out the door.

TylerSL
09-27-2016, 10:31 AM
1) LBJ is the one who wanted to bolt, as he had been planning it a year or two prior.

2) I'm with you on Wade to an extent. I really do hope we get a leak or something on what exactly was discussed an offseason ago.

3) Bosh had a second recurrence of clots. So...is Miami suppose to go out and clear him and tempt the worst case scenario?

It astonishes me how you have your heels so dug in on your anti-Miami bias that all common sense and rationale just goes right out the door.

I call it willful ignorance. You have to suspend your disbelief so much that you almost animate someone. That guy treats Pat Riley like a cartoon villain so I think you can't take him seriously as he doesn't provide anything to the discussion.

smith&wesson
09-27-2016, 12:38 PM

His point is, that the league would obviously side with the owners as that is in their best interest, which is why the players union exists so that they can protect their best interest.

smith&wesson
09-27-2016, 12:41 PM
We can have a discussion on Wade, because I have my own theories on that subject. To be frank, I'm kinda with you there. I just hope you're also the same guy who's applauded the Lakers for giving the Kobe they gave him, because otherwise you'd be hypocritical.

Bosh is another matter entirely. He's entitled to feel the way he feels, but Miami'a also entitled to play it safe. He had a second recurrence of clots, and physical contact could be fatal. Beyond anti-Pat/Miami bias, how anybody could fault the Heat for their position is amazing. Then again, maybe not....

absolutely... and they only did it because of his tenure and legacy as a laker. you take care of your own when its time to. especially if that player has brought the franchise a tremendous amount of success and credibility.

As for bosh, I would do the exact same thing if I was pat riley.. its the smart thing to do business wise. Weather its the money, or health or a combination of both, I would likely do the same.. but to be oblivious to the fact is where I just don't get it from a fans perspective. It seems pretty obvious directionally, and financially from an owners stand point.

Scoots
09-27-2016, 01:29 PM

And unions are NEVER irresponsible right? The players union is interested in the players having control. Any time a player wants control and the league/teams don't want the player to have that control the union sides with the player. It's their job.

Scoots
09-27-2016, 01:30 PM
absolutely... and they only did it because of his tenure and legacy as a laker. you take care of your own when its time to. especially if that player has brought the franchise a tremendous amount of success and credibility.

As for bosh, I would do the exact same thing if I was pat riley.. its the smart thing to do business wise. Weather its the money, or health or a combination of both, I would likely do the same.. but to be oblivious to the fact is where I just don't get it from a fans perspective. It seems pretty obvious directionally, and financially from an owners stand point.

The Lakers paid Kobe to sell tickets and merch in what they knew would be a bad couple years. It was a smart move and I'm sure Kobe knew exactly what was going on.

AllBall
09-27-2016, 03:23 PM
This post assumes that there aren't doctors telling Bosh that he's safe to play. The Heat doctors are going to side with the organization that pays them. Since the owners make up the league their doctors will do what's in the Heat management best interest. Which is why players always seek their own doctors in these situations. Likewise Bosh will go to the union with his doctors saying he should be cleared and the players union will support him because that's what they are paid to do. At the end both sides will have to settle on a "independent" doctor to make a final and the decision on whether Chris condition can be considered career ending.

The organization, the league and the union will all do what's in their respective best interest regardless of what's best for Chris Bosh.

I understand that that's Bosh's line of thinking. It's really dellusional on his part. So the NBA and the Player's Union pick a Doctor they both agree to, Bosh fails then it's all done. Most likely scenario.

If the Doctor passes him, then what? He expects that a desperate team picks him up? You can't force the other teams to play him. You can't even force the Heat to play him, DNP-CD for the rest of the contract. So again, then it's all done.

Or a team picks him up, he gets another recurrence of blood clots again and gets shutdown again. Then it's all done.

Or dies on the court, then his life is done. In which case the Union looks bad, the NBA looks bad, the Doctors that passed him look bad. Basketball is not an extreme sport like free-style motocross, if this happens it would be the greatest of tragedy that could have been prevented in the NBA.

His point is, that the league would obviously side with the owners as that is in their best interest, which is why the players union exists so that they can protect their best interest.

Players Unions don't always side with the players, but I guess that remains to be seen in this very specific instance which I don't recall anything like this happening in the modern NBA.

And unions are NEVER irresponsible right? The players union is interested in the players having control. Any time a player wants control and the league/teams don't want the player to have that control the union sides with the player. It's their job.

You're right. They could be irresponsible with the whole situation and it would be counter to the very purpose of the Union, protecting the player.

da ThRONe
09-27-2016, 05:20 PM
I understand that that's Bosh's line of thinking. It's really dellusional on his part. So the NBA and the Player's Union pick a Doctor they both agree to, Bosh fails then it's all done. Most likely scenario.

If the Doctor passes him, then what? He expects that a desperate team picks him up? You can't force the other teams to play him. You can't even force the Heat to play him, DNP-CD for the rest of the contract. So again, then it's all done.

Or a team picks him up, he gets another recurrence of blood clots again and gets shutdown again. Then it's all done.

Or dies on the court, then his life is done. In which case the Union looks bad, the NBA looks bad, the Doctors that passed him look bad. Basketball is not an extreme sport like free-style motocross, if this happens it would be the greatest of tragedy that could have been prevented in the NBA.

Players Unions don't always side with the players, but I guess that remains to be seen in this very specific instance which I don't recall anything like this happening in the modern NBA.

You're right. They could be irresponsible with the whole situation and it would be counter to the very purpose of the Union, protecting the player.

I'm not a blood specialist therefore I can't comment about what medication is available. So I can't speak to whether Bosh is being "delusional" or not. However it's clear he doesn't trust the organization and honestly he shouldn't because his goal isn't in the best interest of the team.

Clint Olbrock
09-27-2016, 06:25 PM

1) But why did he want to bolt? What is the reason behind it? He just woke up one day and was tired of the nice weather, the no taxes and winning/going to the finals every year, while playing with his friends?

2) Who knows, Pat still hasn't reached out to him. He whiffed on this 2 or 3 summers in a row, Wade finally said enough is enough.

3) I'm not saying let the dude play because he wants to, not at all. They are just handling this terribly just like they did the Wade and LeBron departures. They told him to stay away from the team, like really? I'm not sure Bosh is taking very kindly to Wade and LBJ being ran out of town before him and it shows.

Pat preaches loyalty and did prior to LBJ leaving and again prior to Wade leaving. But timeout, who has Pat ever been loyal to? He's never been loyal to organizations, players, coaches or anything... The dude doesn't look like a demon by coincidence.

It astonishes me how you drink the Pat Riley kool-aid and believe everything he says/does.

AllBall
09-27-2016, 09:36 PM
1) But why did he want to bolt? What is the reason behind it? He just woke up one day and was tired of the nice weather, the no taxes and winning/going to the finals every year, while playing with his friends?

2) Who knows, Pat still hasn't reached out to him. He whiffed on this 2 or 3 summers in a row, Wade finally said enough is enough.

3) I'm not saying let the dude play because he wants to, not at all. They are just handling this terribly just like they did the Wade and LeBron departures. They told him to stay away from the team, like really? I'm not sure Bosh is taking very kindly to Wade and LBJ being ran out of town before him and it shows.

Pat preaches loyalty and did prior to LBJ leaving and again prior to Wade leaving. But timeout, who has Pat ever been loyal to? He's never been loyal to organizations, players, coaches or anything... The dude doesn't look like a demon by coincidence.

It astonishes me how you drink the Pat Riley kool-aid and believe everything he says/does.

Just like the handling of Magic, Alonso and Shaq? Yeah, falling out, time passes, forgiveness, jersey in rafters, same number same hood and it's still all good. That's sports.

SteBO
09-27-2016, 10:15 PM

You're barking up the wrong tree my friend. I've criticized Pat plenty, even with the LBJ situation, since he dropped many hints prior to the decision and yet still came off as if he was betrayed or blindsided. LBJ came off as a tad spineless to me, but in the end he made a business decision. Can't hate the man for that, but there are two sides to every coin, and I have yet to see you even attempt to acknowledge them even when the same things happened at the expense of your own team 6 years ago.....the Cavs.

Clint Olbrock
09-27-2016, 11:53 PM
You're barking up the wrong tree my friend. I've criticized Pat plenty, even with the LBJ situation, since he dropped many hints prior to the decision and yet still came off as if he was betrayed or blindsided. LBJ came off as a tad spineless to me, but in the end he made a business decision. Can't hate the man for that, but there are two sides to every coin, and I have yet to see you even attempt to acknowledge them even when the same things happened at the expense of your own team 6 years ago.....the Cavs.

What do you want me to acknowledge from a Cavs perspective? We've never had 3 All-Star's at once.. The arguement could be made we have 3 All Star caliber players but that's a whole other story.

6 years ago our lone star left.

I'm not sure if you're trying to compare Gilbert to Riley, which I don't think is an even comparison but if you are.. The knock on Gilbert would be he has no issue spending which can kind of make him a bit of a door mat, although it resulted in a title.

I'm not sure who chased LBJ out of CLE 6 years ago, if that is what you are suggesting.

Point being, Riley soured the relationships with all 3 parts of the big 3.

SteBO
09-28-2016, 08:30 AM
That's where you and I disagree.....nobody chased him out of town, nor was that the case with Wade and Bosh. Bosh still has a choice to make, but LBJ and Wade left on their own accord. The former was a business move on his part, the latter was over essentially $3 mil which is negated when taking state income tax into consideration. Can't make this any clearer.....

FlashBolt
09-28-2016, 01:11 PM
Pat Riley has handled the departure of Wade+LeBron pretty terrible. I know you're not supposed to allow your player to take over but that's what aided LeBron's departure. LeBron isn't your typical superstar. He's a once in a lifetime individual and Pat Riley didn't give LeBron the leeway to operate. You've seen what happened: Miami has turned into irrelevancy since LeBron has left. Wade leaving is another solid piece of evidence that this franchise behind the scenes is different than what they say.

R!kSm!tz
09-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Pat Riley has handled the departure of Wade+LeBron pretty terrible. I know you're not supposed to allow your player to take over but that's what aided LeBron's departure. LeBron isn't your typical superstar. He's a once in a lifetime individual and Pat Riley didn't give LeBron the leeway to operate. You've seen what happened: Miami has turned into irrelevancy since LeBron has left. Wade leaving is another solid piece of evidence that this franchise behind the scenes is different than what they say.

Yep, should've let LeBron operate like he wanted and they're possibly looking at 6 straight finals and 4 championships, going for the 3 peat this season. Riley let his ego get in the way of them doing something that hasn't been done in 50 years.

Clint Olbrock
09-28-2016, 02:09 PM
That's where you and I disagree.....nobody chased him out of town, nor was that the case with Wade and Bosh. Bosh still has a choice to make, but LBJ and Wade left on their own accord. The former was a business move on his part, the latter was over essentially $3 mil which is negated when taking state income tax into consideration. Can't make this any clearer.....
I think it's jus because who we are fans of and what we choose to believe.

I 100% believe Pat could've and should've handled LeBron, Wade and now Bosh's departures from the team much better, that's in simplest terms.

FlashBolt
09-28-2016, 02:16 PM
I think it's jus because who we are fans of and what we choose to believe.

I 100% believe Pat could've and should've handled LeBron, Wade and now Bosh's departures from the team much better, that's in simplest terms.

Dude, Wade left... The simple fact that you can let your homegrown player leave after 13 years is sheer evidence that this organization didn't handle it correctly. Wade didn't even leave for THAT much more money.. after he gets state taxed, his salary is just a little more. He left because Miami slighted him. (Pat Riley). I'm not sure how anyone can defend Pat Riley. His last best pull was getting the Big Three.

R!kSm!tz
09-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Riley only got the big 3 because the Bulls didn't have the cap room. Wade himself said that LeBron, himself, and Bosh were going to go to Chicago but the Bulls couldn't clear the cap. Could you imagine that team with Rose and Noah? It would've been ridiculous. I look at the big 3 as more of a player facilitated thing, although Riley did have to clear a little cap room.

Dade County
09-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Listening to the radio this morning an interesting discussion came up when they talked about Bosh.

There will be no point for Miami to release boss after the February date we've been hearing about; because if Bosh plays 25 games either in the regular season or going into the playoffs, his salary will return back unto Miami's cap space... So Miami best interest would be to hold off until after March, when a player can not sign with a team to play in the playoffs; or there would be less than the 25-games amount required.

So Bosh is not playing this year. Miami will go into next year free agency with the cap they want. Bosh, might get a team to sign him this season, but it will be after March & that team couldn't use him forvthe playoffs anyway.

Wow

AllBall
09-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Listening to the radio this morning an interesting discussion came up when they talked about Bosh.

There will be no point for Miami to release boss after the February date we've been hearing about; because if Bosh plays 25 games either in the regular season or going into the playoffs, his salary will return back unto Miami's cap space... So Miami best interest would be to hold off until after March, when a player can not sign with a team to play in the playoffs; or there would be less than the 25-games amount required.

So Bosh is not playing this year. Miami will go into next year free agency with the cap they want. Bosh, might get a team to sign him this season, but it will be after March & that team couldn't use him forvthe playoffs anyway.

Wow

Highly doubt any team will be signing Bosh after the trade deadline, or that if it even happens that he would even make it to 25 games played this season. The Heat should just go for it and get active at the trade deadline.

da ThRONe
09-29-2016, 11:55 PM

Wow

Not sure that's how it works. They Heat have to declare Bosh unfit to play at which point they can release Chris and have his salary removed from the cap. So if Bosh was to join a team for the 2017-18 season and play 25+ games his salary cap hit goes right back into the Heats book.

Dade County
09-30-2016, 01:11 AM
Not sure that's how it works. They Heat have to declare Bosh unfit to play at which point they can release Chris and have his salary removed from the cap. So if Bosh was to join a team for the 2017-18 season and play 25+ games his salary cap hit goes right back into the Heats book.

Thats fine...but Miami would get Bosh money off their cao next upcoming free agency. & honestly thats Pat main goal.

So if Bosh did play 25 games next season so what, Miami would have already signed their targetted free agents already. You get it?

R!kSm!tz
09-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Thats fine...but Miami would get Bosh money off their cao next upcoming free agency. & honestly thats Pat main goal.

So if Bosh did play 25 games next season so what, Miami would have already signed their targetted free agents already. You get it?

Chances are they won't attract any big name free agents. Especially after how they handled the big 3. More than likely you guys will get the cap space and use it to overpay guys and have a treadmill team. Dropping rings on the table isn't going to help attract stars when the 3 guys who brought them all left on bad terms.

Dade County
09-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Chances are they won't attract any big name free agents. Especially after how they handled the big 3. More than likely you guys will get the cap space and use it to overpay guys and have a treadmill team. Dropping rings on the table isn't going to help attract stars when the 3 guys who brought them all left on bad terms.

Show me proof of Pat doinf something as stupid as you say? I'll be waiting lmao

Pat would never spend money on a player(s) that would leave the team in the middle of the pack. Miami traded Shaq, did that stop anything?

& Pat really didnt have anything to do with Lbj lwaving; the leauge set everything up for Lbj to go back to the Cavs... If you cant see that, i am not going to go down the list.

& Bosh has missed 2 second halfs of the season. What are players going to say about that? Fans are stupid, no one thinks, its sad. & Wade wanted more money & he had a ego trip; players want money & rings, Miami is the best place for that when it comes to teams in the East & also Lbj.

But lets see if key players start running to the Cavs.

R!kSm!tz
09-30-2016, 10:40 AM

Pat would never spend money on a player(s) that would leave the team in the middle of the pack. Miami traded Shaq, did that stop anything?

& Pat really didnt have anything to do with Lbj lwaving; the leauge set everything up for Lbj to go back to the Cavs... If you cant see that, i am not going to go down the list.

& Bosh has missed 2 second halfs of the season. What are players going to say about that? Fans are stupid, no one thinks, its sad. & Wade wanted more money & he had a ego trip; players want money & rings, Miami is the best place for that when it comes to teams in the East & also Lbj.

Miami was a good place to play when you guys had Wade then it got better when you guys added LeBron and Bosh. What player is going to attract stars to come play for you guys next summer?

You're also delusional if you think the way the big 3 ended won't effect future free agency's. You sounds as if it's a sure thing that guys will come there when in reality more have left than came the last 3 years. If you guys were that great you would've got KD and kept Wade.

Clint Olbrock
09-30-2016, 11:34 AM

Are you serious? Pat has did that very thing! Your 2 highest paid players are Whiteside and Dragic(obviously excluding Bosh because your team wants no part of him and banned him from being around the team), are you kidding me?

No one is chomping at the bit to team up with those 2, give me a break.

It's funny you mention ego, because Pat's ego is what drove the big 3 outta Miami. Heat fans have no appreciation for any of the big 3, it's sad. Act like they all left for no reason, yeah right.

cmellofan15
09-30-2016, 11:47 AM

LMAO so I guess the league set everything up for LeBron to go to Miami in the first place then right? since the NBA is in control of all these things you should be happy that they gifted you the big three in the first place :laugh2:

Dade County
09-30-2016, 05:14 PM
Miami was a good place to play when you guys had Wade then it got better when you guys added LeBron and Bosh. What player is going to attract stars to come play for you guys next summer?

You're also delusional if you think the way the big 3 ended won't effect future free agency's. You sounds as if it's a sure thing that guys will come there when in reality more have left than came the last 3 years. If you guys were that great you would've got KD and kept Wade.

Organization, Money, & Pat vision of building a true contender. No one is beating GS, but Pat given time can build a team to challenge them.

Dade County
09-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Are you serious? Pat has did that very thing! Your 2 highest paid players are Whiteside and Dragic(obviously excluding Bosh because your team wants no part of him and banned him from being around the team), are you kidding me?

No one is chomping at the bit to team up with those 2, give me a break.

It's funny you mention ego, because Pat's ego is what drove the big 3 outta Miami. Heat fans have no appreciation for any of the big 3, it's sad. Act like they all left for no reason, yeah right.

Wrong... The team was bulit around Wade & Bosh; then they traded for a dragon & made Whiteside earn playing time.

Then, they signed Whiteside, Wade left, & Bosh is left out in the cold lol

So the assets Miami have now, Pat will work his magic & re-bulid.

Try to remember, Miami would have been in the ECF this past season.

Dade County
09-30-2016, 05:27 PM
LMAO so I guess the league set everything up for LeBron to go to Miami in the first place then right? since the NBA is in control of all these things you should be happy that they gifted you the big three in the first place :laugh2:

Wrong...

Pat & the big 3 planned it & the public along with the other owners cried about it. So the leauge/Stern steeped in & made away/story line for Lbj to go back to the anus of America.

Lbj learned how to win in Miami & brought the blue print as he calls it to the Land. More power to him.

nycericanguy
09-30-2016, 06:28 PM

yea i dont think they can just sit him and hold him. they need to declare him unfit.

MIA is in a bad spot, once they declare him unfit and release him, you can bet there will be teams knocking down his door. TOR for instance is a perfect spot for him. Since MIA still has to pay Bosh, he'll likely sign for vet min somewhere else. And at vet min I'm sure 20+ teams would want him and would find doctors that say its safe for him to play.

AllBall
09-30-2016, 07:41 PM

There's no big name free agents of that caliber to attract. Also, we don't have to go too far in NBA history to see teams who's management have treated their star players poorly that were able to attract all start players and have teams that are doing very well right now, and many that have treated their star players favorably are attracting no one of any caliber and are currently at the bottom of the standings. Past treatment of players is not a indicator of future attraction of players nor conference standing.

beasted86
09-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Pat Riley has handled this situation along with Wade like a total idiot.

I honestly don't believe in him to handle the team anymore as the vocal front. He needs to be the silent President and let Nick Arison or another vocal GM run the team and handle the negotiations.

The Bosh situation is what it is. But you don't drop a bomb like that in the media without talking with the player first. It's almost like he's become a senile stubborn fool that doesn't know what's good anymore for the team.

It's not coincidental that he was in the dark during LeBron negotiation, while Wade as well had a breakdown in communication, and finally Bosh finding out thru media day that he's no longer going to play for the HEAT.

I'd honestly expect this from the least respected ownership/management like the Kings, Cavs, and Griz, but not from the HEAT. They've really outdone themselves with how poorly their PR looks right now.

Clint Olbrock
09-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Wrong... The team was bulit around Wade & Bosh; then they traded for a dragon & made Whiteside earn playing time.

Then, they signed Whiteside, Wade left, & Bosh is left out in the cold lol

So the assets Miami have now, Pat will work his magic & re-bulid.

Try to remember, Miami would have been in the ECF this past season.

What does the team being built around Wade and Bosh have to do with anything?

The past 2 summers max or near max contracts have been given to Dragic and Whiteside.

Your 2 highest paid players are still Dragic and Whiteside, obviously Bosh but your team is trying to get outta that.

From a money stand point those are your 2 highest paid players, who is teaming up with them? Who says "you know what me, dragon and Whiteside could be the next big 3"... I'll wait, because it'll be no star caliber player, that is for sure.

AllBall
09-30-2016, 09:15 PM
I'll wait, because it'll be no star caliber player, that is for sure.

There is none period. There are no more big name free agents. They all reside on the Warriors, Spurs and OKC.

Dade County
09-30-2016, 10:13 PM
yea i dont think they can just sit him and hold him. they need to declare him unfit.

MIA is in a bad spot, once they declare him unfit and release him, you can bet there will be teams knocking down his door. TOR for instance is a perfect spot for him. Since MIA still has to pay Bosh, he'll likely sign for vet min somewhere else. And at vet min I'm sure 20+ teams would want him and would find doctors that say its safe for him to play.

Miami isn't going to release him until March 1st. I am telling you thats what they are saying on Miami Sports radio. If I run across a Sports writer Twitter or Article, I'll post link.

After that date, Bosh can't sign with a playoff team season and or it will be less then 25 games left in the season.

Bosh next time playing in the NBA will be the 2017-2018

What does the team being built around Wade and Bosh have to do with anything?

From your earlier post, I think you was trying to imply that Pat just because Whiteside & dragic are the highest paid players right now; that Pat was solo building the team are them (leaving them a middle of the pack team)

The past 2 summers max or near max contracts have been given to Dragic and Whiteside.

So what, Bosh and Wade was the leaders & the hEAT knew the came was going way up. Good signing on Dragic.

Your 2 highest paid players are still Dragic and Whiteside, obviously Bosh but your team is trying to get outta that.

Ok, now Wade is gone, and Miami isn't trying to let Bosh play.

The point is, Miami didn't go in saying Whiteside and Dragic are going to be are best players. These two players were supposed to be pieces around Wade & Bosh. But it didn't work out that way.

From a money stand point those are your 2 highest paid players, who is teaming up with them? Who says "you know what me, dragon and Whiteside could be the next big 3"... I'll wait, because it'll be no star caliber player, that is for sure.

Man, it doesn't work that way. Deals are done behind the scenes all the time. Miami will target free agents and of course trades. You think just because of Wade waiting more money and Bosh not playing; players aren't going to wait to sign in Miami... Keep on thinking that.

There is no team in the East thats going to build a true contender (besides the Cav's having one already), like Pat will in couple of years. History has proven this over and over.

You most think we are going to fall of forever. It seems like you have a little hate for the HEAT. smh

Dade County
09-30-2016, 10:18 PM
Pat Riley has handled this situation along with Wade like a total idiot.

I honestly don't believe in him to handle the team anymore as the vocal front. He needs to be the silent President and let Nick Arison or another vocal GM run the team and handle the negotiations.

The Bosh situation is what it is. But you don't drop a bomb like that in the media without talking with the player first. It's almost like he's become a senile stubborn fool that doesn't know what's good anymore for the team.

It's not coincidental that he was in the dark during LeBron negotiation, while Wade as well had a breakdown in communication, and finally Bosh finding out thru media day that he's no longer going to play for the HEAT.

I'd honestly expect this from the least respected ownership/management like the Kings, Cavs, and Griz, but not from the HEAT. They've really outdone themselves with how poorly their PR looks right now.

The HEAT organization has said that they tried contacting Bosh over and over; and i believe them. It seems like Bosh and Wade are both playing this stupid phone game.

And Wade can't be mad at Miami about money... All of that should be pointed at Lbj. If Wade never opps out, he never brings up that he is leaving money on the table; also Bosh never gets the 5yr max contract, Miami only offers Bosh 4yrs 92mil, and if he walks to Houston so what.

Clint Olbrock
09-30-2016, 10:55 PM
From your earlier post, I think you was trying to imply that Pat just because Whiteside & dragic are the highest paid players right now; that Pat was solo building the team are them (leaving them a middle of the pack team)

So what, Bosh and Wade was the leaders & the hEAT knew the came was going way up. Good signing on Dragic.

Ok, now Wade is gone, and Miami isn't trying to let Bosh play.

The point is, Miami didn't go in saying Whiteside and Dragic are going to be are best players. These two players were supposed to be pieces around Wade & Bosh. But it didn't work out that way.

Man, it doesn't work that way. Deals are done behind the scenes all the time. Miami will target free agents and of course trades. You think just because of Wade waiting more money and Bosh not playing; players aren't going to wait to sign in Miami... Keep on thinking that.

There is no team in the East thats going to build a true contender (besides the Cav's having one already), like Pat will in couple of years. History has proven this over and over.

You most think we are going to fall of forever. It seems like you have a little hate for the HEAT. smh

I see what you're saying now, i think regardless of how it got to this point it would still be a hard selling point.

IDK if either are good signings, too early to tell, for me. I know when Whiteside had no money and veteran leadership around him he had attitude problems, I'm not sure giving him money and making him "THE guy" will help that at all, I actually believe it is more inclined to hurt it.

I don't think Pat did himself any favors by how not 1, not 2 but 3 different stars left Miami with a bad taste in their mouths.. It's not like it was a team that didn't have success or it was at 3 different era's.. These 3 dudes made a collective choice to team up in Miami and all 3 left on bad terms.. That doesn't really bode well for Miami.

Miami won't fall off forever, because you have no taxes and weather going for you plus some young talent that if brought along right could turn into a solid squad... But i'm not ready to crown it as a contender.

I don't like the Heat and that is pretty well known but that set aside the big 3 was did dirty in comparison to what they did for that franchise, js.

beasted86
09-30-2016, 10:57 PM
The HEAT organization has said that they tried contacting Bosh over and over; and i believe them. It seems like Bosh and Wade are both playing this stupid phone game.

And Wade can't be mad at Miami about money... All of that should be pointed at Lbj. If Wade never opps out, he never brings up that he is leaving money on the table; also Bosh never gets the 5yr max contract, Miami only offers Bosh 4yrs 92mil, and if he walks to Houston so what.

Why is it a recurring theme that there is a basic breakdown in communication?

That's what you're overlooking. This isn't a fluke. It's been well reported that Riley basically had 1 conversation with LeBron, no conversations with Wade past the exit interview, and somehow cannot get in contact with your team's highest paid player for months now.

This isn't some middle school girl beef. These are grown adults who are professionals and are obligated to a certain amount of business protocol and etiquette. Bosh didn't just wake up one morning and decide Riley is an underhanded sleeze-ball that he's going to reroute through his agent to screen calls. It's obviously been a brewing situation.

I'm sure this started from last season with Riley failing to come to an understanding early on how they would treat Bosh and handle trying to deal with his attempted late season comeback last April. If he came correct from last season how they needed to treat this condition and how they were going to approach getting him back on the court this could have been avoided. Instead he kept using grease ball tactics in the media talking about basically it's a wait and see issue. He never attempted to embrace the idea they were actually trying to get Bosh back on the court. Basically this medical retirement rumor started from almost as soon as he went down again.

It's plain been mismanaged and is casting a very bad shade on the team going forward.

Yes, the team will eventually get over this and rebuild their image one day. But much of Miami's cachet is gone in just the past 2 seasons. Failed negotiations and communication with star players, and a budding reputation of an owner that thinks with his wallet the past few years.

R!kSm!tz
09-30-2016, 11:47 PM
Just saw today Bosh found out through the media he wasn't a part of the team anymore. That's just terrible. Again, you're delusional if you think the way they handled the big 3 won't affect future signings.

Also if they do go through with your idea of holding off until March 1st or whenever he can't sign and play for the playoffs (if he does indeed get cleared) Miamis reputation will fall to rock bottom and you better believe the players union will be calling for Rileys dismissal. You just don't do that to a player that is cleared to play.

Dade County
10-01-2016, 12:40 AM
Why is it a recurring theme that there is a basic breakdown in communication?

That's what you're overlooking. This isn't a fluke. It's been well reported that Riley basically had 1 conversation with LeBron, no conversations with Wade past the exit interview, and somehow cannot get in contact with your team's highest paid player for months now.

This isn't some middle school girl beef. These are grown adults who are professionals and are obligated to a certain amount of business protocol and etiquette. Bosh didn't just wake up one morning and decide Riley is an underhanded sleeze-ball that he's going to reroute through his agent to screen calls. It's obviously been a brewing situation.

I'm sure this started from last season with Riley failing to come to an understanding early on how they would treat Bosh and handle trying to deal with his attempted late season comeback last April. If he came correct from last season how they needed to treat this condition and how they were going to approach getting him back on the court this could have been avoided. Instead he kept using grease ball tactics in the media talking about basically it's a wait and see issue. He never attempted to embrace the idea they were actually trying to get Bosh back on the court. Basically this medical retirement rumor started from almost as soon as he went down again.

It's plain been mismanaged and is casting a very bad shade on the team going forward.

Yes, the team will eventually get over this and rebuild their image one day. But much of Miami's cachet is gone in just the past 2 seasons. Failed negotiations and communication with star players, and a budding reputation of an owner that thinks with his wallet the past few years.

I understand your gripe... I just dont believe this will impact Miami moving forward, because players will never know the full truth between the Wade situation and the Bosh situation.

But nicely written post. & yes the ending of Miami's Big 3 has been very disappointing, but I blame it all on Stern & Lbj.

They back doored Pat & now Pat is fighting back & he isn't taken any prisoners. Wade acted up, He Gone... Bosh get clots out of no where as soon as the HEAT get Dragic, Bosh Gone.

All of this is Lbj fault, even though that sounds funny LMAO

Clint Olbrock
10-01-2016, 07:38 AM
I understand your gripe... I just dont believe this will impact Miami moving forward, because players will never know the full truth between the Wade situation and the Bosh situation.

But nicely written post. & yes the ending of Miami's Big 3 has been very disappointing, but I blame it all on Stern & Lbj.

They back doored Pat & now Pat is fighting back & he isn't taken any prisoners. Wade acted up, He Gone... Bosh get clots out of no where as soon as the HEAT get Dragic, Bosh Gone.

How is it LeBron's fault?

LBJ wanted a raise after taking your team to 4 straight finals and Airson refused, to further it Pat goes in front of media and straight challenges him, for no real reason. Pat thought his "powers" would keep LeBron there.

LeBron called his bluff, got his money AND another ring without the Heat.

Wade wanted more money once LeBron left for being loyal, like Pat preaches, for sacrificing money and many years of service. They bulked n gave it to Bosh instead. The following summer Wade was VERY close to leaving, yet again gave his money to Dragic instead. After carrying the Heat through the playoffs Wade understandably wanted his money, Pat had no communication with him n gave his money to Whiteside instead.

The Heat took Wade for granted and the Bulls gave him the money he wanted and the appreciation he deserves. Pat still has yet to contact him.

Bosh was ready to walk to the Rockets to get paid but the Heat trumped the offer to retain him, it was Pat's version of "the letter"; it was just a statement to/at LeBron. Bosh gets clots n has to sit out, Heat miss the playoffs. Bosh is allowed to come back and everything is cool until he gets clots again, refuse to clear him for the playoffs, then the franchise is done with him and want his salary off the books. Pat may have reached out to Bosh but it was AFTER Wade and LeBron were did dirty. Bosh thinks he's ready to return but he fails his physical.. Media day opens and Pat drops the bomb that the Heat are done with Bosh and he's banned from coming around the team.

Now all Bosh can do is wait until he's released, agrees to a buyout or maybe retires n sits out a year.

Point being, this is 100% Pat and his big ego's fault. If you can't see that then you're just being a homer.

R!kSm!tz
10-01-2016, 10:17 AM

Wtf did I just read?

Cracka2HI!
10-01-2016, 10:27 AM
If they were to buy him out would another team sign him? There seems to be a big disconnect on how bad he really is. I have to side with the heat on this one. It seems as if the player is the one being irresponsible here.

nycericanguy
10-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Miami isn't going to release him until March 1st. I am telling you thats what they are saying on Miami Sports radio. If I run across a Sports writer Twitter or Article, I'll post link.

After that date, Bosh can't sign with a playoff team season and or it will be less then 25 games left in the season.

thats what im saying though, MIA cant win this.

if they wait until March 1st to release him, they are basically admitting that they know he can be cleared by another team. if they really knew he cant play and that docs wont clear him, why make sure he cant sign with another playoff team?

And even then, Riley will look like a huge jerk if he holds Bosh hostage until March 1st so that another team cant sign him. that will basically be admitting that it was all about the cap space.

IKnowHoops
10-01-2016, 02:39 PM

If you look at how Wade was treated, the son of Miami, and now Bosh...Lebron is not only justified in the way he handles his situations, but also smart. This is business, and these GM's and owners are constantly reminding us of this by the way the treat players.

IKnowHoops
10-01-2016, 03:02 PM

Dude, your my guy, but this is ridiculous. The Heat owe Wade more than Lebron does. Its all on Miami. All of it. Plus I don't buy the whole "Wade opt out Lebron's fault theory" nor have I seen one credible link stating this.

IKnowHoops
10-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Wtf did I just read?

I'm not sure.

Clint Olbrock
10-01-2016, 05:00 PM
If you look at how Wade was treated, the son of Miami, and now Bosh...Lebron is not only justified in the way he handles his situations, but also smart. This is business, and these GM's and owners are constantly reminding us of this by the way the treat players.

LeBron seen smoke so he got out while he could, Wade got out while it was on fire.. Bosh gonna be in it while it burns to the ground.

Clint Olbrock
10-02-2016, 12:49 PM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/09/chris-bosh-responds-to-pat-riley-heat

Dang.. Shots fired! :guns:

"If you think you're going to turn my medical issue into cap space, think again."

Dade County
10-02-2016, 01:49 PM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/09/chris-bosh-responds-to-pat-riley-heat

Dang.. Shots fired! :guns:

"If you think you're going to turn my medical issue into cap space, think again."

I seen this acouple of days ago.

We will never no the true story. Wade & Bosh are both playing games, I believe the HEAT front office, when they say they yried contacting them.

Dade County
10-02-2016, 02:24 PM
How is it LeBron's fault?

LBJ wanted a raise after taking your team to 4 straight finals and Airson refused, to further it Pat goes in front of media and straight challenges him, for no real reason. Pat thought his "powers" would keep LeBron there.

Whats up with you... You really think Miami wasn't going to PAY LBJ the MAX if he didn't want to take a 1mil or 3mil discount??? LMAO

But yes, Pat did challenge him because Pat knew he was going to RUN AWAY.

What bluff? Either he was going to sign with the HEAT or not. The league wanted him back to the Cav's.

Miami is the one that taught him how to win, so why bring up he got a ring now? Good for him. Your welcome Cleveland.

But I see none of you saying thank you to Pat/Miami for teaching Lbj and giving him the blue print (Lbj always says he has the blue print, what do you guys thank he means by that?).

Wade wanted more money once LeBron left for being loyal, like Pat preaches, for sacrificing money and many years of service. They bulked n gave it to Bosh instead.

If Wade didn't opt out, Wade would have never felt that the HEAT owes him money. Actually Miami feels like they paid him back already, also it was agreed by both parties that Wade would get 20mil this season; Wade felt slighted that everyone was getting token care of first and all the money that was going around; so he wanted 50mil now, Pat and the organization said hell NO.

The following summer Wade was VERY close to leaving, yet again gave his money to Dragic instead. After carrying the Heat through the playoffs Wade understandably wanted his money,

?Wrong man... Wade money wasn't given to Dragic.

You are being brainwashed by the media and most likely your hate towards Miami.

Pat had no communication with him n gave his money to Whiteside instead.

LMAO... The organization stated they couldn't reach Wade; thats on Wade and his agent

The Heat took Wade for granted and the Bulls gave him the money he wanted and the appreciation he deserves. Pat still has yet to contact him.

It came out to 3mil more when you break down the taxes.

Wade got his feelings hurt and try to out think a Super GM & got put away. Its as simple as that.

Wade is still my favorite player. But he ****ed up and started playing kid games.

Bosh was ready to walk to the Rockets to get paid but the Heat trumped the offer to retain him, it was Pat's version of "the letter"; it was just a statement to/at LeBron. Bosh gets clots n has to sit out, Heat miss the playoffs. Bosh is allowed to come back and everything is cool until he gets clots again, refuse to clear him for the playoffs, then the franchise is done with him and want his salary off the books.

So you think they supposed to keep letting Bosh play, after that? They don't want him on the books anymore, thats smart isn't it?

Pat may have reached out to Bosh but it was AFTER Wade and LeBron were did dirty. Bosh thinks he's ready to return but he fails his physical.. Media day opens and Pat drops the bomb that the Heat are done with Bosh and he's banned from coming around the team.

How was Lbj did dirty? He plotted to leave with the league help. I really don't understand what you mean here.

And once again, Bosh and Wade are playing little kid games. The HEAT have already stated they tried to contact them and couldn't reach him.

Now all Bosh can do is wait until he's released, agrees to a buyout or maybe retires n sits out a year.

Point being, this is 100% Pat and his big ego's fault. If you can't see that then you're just being a homer.

I am a homer, but I am not blind. I can easily tell that Bosh & Wade are both playing games. Wade childish game is easy to read, he wanted more money (Kobe contract), I don't blame him lol

Bosh on the other hand, Miami isn't going to risk cap space anymore on him. So how is that a bad thing? They tried to reach him and he wanted return back phone calls or e mails.

Chronz
10-02-2016, 02:25 PM

What do you mean out of no where? What do you mean the players wont know the full truth? Do you think they all work in a bubble, this is a fraternity bro. They will be the only ones to know the full truth, not us.

You're in for a wake up call, much like LA fans before their legendary owner died, you will come to relive the old days. It wont last forever because of locale but you're digging your head in the sand if you dont think this reverberates for a few half decades.

Why would you blame it on Stern? You're just chalk full of conspiracies and its not healthy man, imagine if you developed blood clots and your doctor just flat out didn't believe you. Why would Bosh lie about that and if he were, why would it be so hard to get clearance? Its ok to question **** but it has to make sense.

Dade County
10-02-2016, 02:27 PM
thats what im saying though, MIA cant win this.

if they wait until March 1st to release him, they are basically admitting that they know he can be cleared by another team. if they really knew he cant play and that docs wont clear him, why make sure he cant sign with another playoff team?

And even then, Riley will look like a huge jerk if he holds Bosh hostage until March 1st so that another team cant sign him. that will basically be admitting that it was all about the cap space.

Yeah, Riley is going to look bad in this, if someone does sign him.

Chronz
10-02-2016, 02:31 PM
I seen this acouple of days ago.

We will never no the true story. Wade & Bosh are both playing games, I believe the HEAT front office, when they say they yried contacting them.

It doesn't matter what we think we know, what matters are the facts. And the facts are that the Heat have a reputation of letting reputations sour with even their most decorated of players. Money and Locale matter but I cant believe you're siding with the suits over the guys who made you a fan of the game.

It reminds me of Chi fans who sided with management over MJ..... oh wait, they didn't exist.

Dade County
10-02-2016, 02:51 PM
What do you mean out of no where?

Talking about HEAT trade for Dragic, then Bosh goes down with clots.

What do you mean the players wont know the full truth? Do you think they all work in a bubble, this is a fraternity bro. They will be the only ones to know the full truth, not us.

Meaning when Miami is talking to a free agent, that free agent might have some questions (about Wade), but Pat can quickly answer accordingly and move on to business.

So it won't be, we seen it this way & Wade seen it this way discussion.

You're in for a wake up call, much like LA fans before their legendary owner died, you will come to relive the old days. It wont last forever because of locale but you're digging your head in the sand if you dont think this reverberates for a few half decades.

If you are talking about, that Miami won't be winning a titles soon, I agree. GS will be winning the titles for the next 3 to 5yrs.

If you are trying to say that Miami will be like the 6ers, Knicks, and other teams like that; for a span of 5 to 10yrs, well then I strongly disagree with you.

Why would you blame it on Stern? You're just chalk full of conspiracies and its not healthy man, imagine if you developed blood clots and your doctor just flat out didn't believe you.

I brought up Stern because he was still commish of the league When the Cav's kept on winning the lottery picks. I feel that he had a hand in bringing Lbj back to the Cav's, because of how Miami put their Big 3 together.

Why would Bosh lie about that and if he were, why would it be so hard to get clearance? Its ok to question **** but it has to make sense.

I will never no the truth about whats going on with Bosh & Miami. But Bosh can easily have independent Doctors run test on him and send it to every team in the league; but that won't happen. I wonder why.

I am sure Bosh will find couple of teams to give him a shot, but I would rather hear that Bosh made his records clear to all teams (not saying the public).

Dade County
10-02-2016, 02:54 PM
It doesn't matter what we think we know, what matters are the facts. And the facts are that the Heat have a reputation of letting reputations sour with even their most decorated of players. Money and Locale matter but I cant believe you're siding with the suits over the guys who made you a fan of the game.

It reminds me of Chi fans who sided with management over MJ..... oh wait, they didn't exist.

The organization saying they tried contacting both of them. My e mail, agent, texting and phone calls... You mean both of them with the same agent at the time, didn't receive any of the HEAT messages???

Man, Wade & Bosh are playing games. Like i said we will never no the full truth of what really is going on.

Clint Olbrock
10-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Whats up with you... You really think Miami wasn't going to PAY LBJ the MAX if he didn't want to take a 1mil or 3mil discount??? LMAO

But yes, Pat did challenge him because Pat knew he was going to RUN AWAY.

What bluff? Either he was going to sign with the HEAT or not. The league wanted him back to the Cav's.

Miami is the one that taught him how to win, so why bring up he got a ring now? Good for him. Your welcome Cleveland.

But I see none of you saying thank you to Pat/Miami for teaching Lbj and giving him the blue print (Lbj always says he has the blue print, what do you guys thank he means by that?).

If Wade didn't opt out, Wade would have never felt that the HEAT owes him money. Actually Miami feels like they paid him back already, also it was agreed by both parties that Wade would get 20mil this season; Wade felt slighted that everyone was getting token care of first and all the money that was going around; so he wanted 50mil now, Pat and the organization said hell NO.

?Wrong man... Wade money wasn't given to Dragic.

You are being brainwashed by the media and most likely your hate towards Miami.

LMAO... The organization stated they couldn't reach Wade; thats on Wade and his agent

It came out to 3mil more when you break down the taxes.

Wade got his feelings hurt and try to out think a Super GM & got put away. Its as simple as that.

Wade is still my favorite player. But he ****ed up and started playing kid games.

So you think they supposed to keep letting Bosh play, after that? They don't want him on the books anymore, thats smart isn't it?

How was Lbj did dirty? He plotted to leave with the league help. I really don't understand what you mean here.

And once again, Bosh and Wade are playing little kid games. The HEAT have already stated they tried to contact them and couldn't reach him.

I am a homer, but I am not blind. I can easily tell that Bosh & Wade are both playing games. Wade childish game is easy to read, he wanted more money (Kobe contract), I don't blame him lol

Bosh on the other hand, Miami isn't going to risk cap space anymore on him. So how is that a bad thing? They tried to reach him and he wanted return back phone calls or e mails.

Wrong.

In all the scenarios their is one common factor.. Pat Riley, you try to blame LBJ, Wade and Bosh when the common factor here is always Pat.

Pat preaches loyalty but has none.

These 3 guys brought Pat 2 titles and 4 straight finals appearances and all they get in return is disrespect.

The only one that is screwed is your team the Heat, they lost all their star players on publicly bad terms.

Dade County
10-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Wrong.

In all the scenarios their is one common factor.. Pat Riley, you try to blame LBJ, Wade and Bosh when the common factor here is always Pat.

Pat preaches loyalty but has none.

These 3 guys brought Pat 2 titles and 4 straight finals appearances and all they get in return is disrespect.

The only one that is screwed is your team the Heat, they lost all their star players on publicly bad terms.

Ok...

nycericanguy
10-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Yeah, Riley is going to look bad in this, if someone does sign him.

The best way for Riley to handle this would be to release Bosh, and say "hey, we don't think he's healthy enough to play. We don't want that on our hands. We'll let Chris go and let him make his own decisions".

But of course Riley won't do this because then he likely won't get the cap space. And as much as he denies that its about cap space, theres no doubt in my mind that at least part of it is about cap space.

SportsFanatic10
10-02-2016, 09:57 PM
The organization saying they tried contacting both of them. My e mail, agent, texting and phone calls... You mean both of them with the same agent at the time, didn't receive any of the HEAT messages???

Man, Wade & Bosh are playing games. Like i said we will never no the full truth of what really is going on.

This is absolutely false in regards to Wade. Wade said he talked to the guy who signs the checks (Arison) just like he did during the last contract negotiation. He was certainly in contact with the organization. He just became insulted with the initial low ball offer. Pat said himself that his biggest regret was not trying to meet with Wade. He even said he should of paddled across the Mediterranean sea to get to him. Wade even sat down with the Arisons again at the last minute and they asked him if they could do anything to change his mind. He wanted to go home and help improve his home city of Chicago off the court as well as on it. The Heat insulting him didn't help matters either and helped give him that nudge. He could of went to Denver and got 28M if it were just about the money. The Heat took him for granted plain and simple, and just assumed that he'd stay in the end and didn't do enough to show him they wanted him.

FlashBolt
10-03-2016, 02:19 AM
1) Heat should have bowed down to LeBron and kissed his toes upon request. He was your ticket to the NBA Finals. Probably would be on their way to a threepeat right now.
2) They did Wade dirty. After they failed on getting a key FA and Durant, should have just paid Wade. He was their best player in the playoffs by far but was treated like leftover.
3) Riley hasn't done anything well since the Big Three.. and Wade was the biggest component to get the Big Three so it's not like Riley was the mastermind behind that. Yeah, he made the salary work but many teams had the salary for LeBron and another superstar.
4) Bosh was a mistake signing that they made trying to recover from LeBron's absense. It was terrible and now they're trying their best to dump his salary from the cap. Should have let Bosh go, tbh.
5) Wade didn't leave Bulls for the "city" or money. He left because he saw the disloyalty this franchise began to show when it mattered most. It took Wade two months to decide he wanted to return home? More like negotiations with Miami pissed him off and he went to the next team he felt closest to.

All in all, Heat will be a bottom ten team. Terrible coach, Whiteside is basically the veteran and can't score (unless you think Haslem is going to elevate that team), Dragic will improve but he's inconsistent and will falter against tougher guards, Winslow can't score, Tyler Johnson.. lol, whatever. You can call me a hater but you have to admit, your team went from the best to one of the worst.

Btw, I'm waiting for the "KD LEFT" responses.

Dade County
10-03-2016, 06:02 PM
This is absolutely false in regards to Wade. Wade said he talked to the guy who signs the checks (Arison) just like he did during the last contract negotiation. He was certainly in contact with the organization. He just became insulted with the initial low ball offer. Pat said himself that his biggest regret was not trying to meet with Wade. He even said he should of paddled across the Mediterranean sea to get to him. Wade even sat down with the Arisons again at the last minute and they asked him if they could do anything to change his mind. He wanted to go home and help improve his home city of Chicago off the court as well as on it. The Heat insulting him didn't help matters either and helped give him that nudge. He could of went to Denver and got 28M if it were just about the money. The Heat took him for granted plain and simple, and just assumed that he'd stay in the end and didn't do enough to show him they wanted him.

When free agency started up, reports came out that Wade is feeling slighted because NO ONE IS CONTACTING HIM, to get his deal dine first.

After that, the owner setup a meeting & Wade was told 20mil is the final offer.

Wade camp did comeout & say they haven't been contacted & the Miami cap stated they have tried to contact Wade.

You are skipping some parts of the story. I am not believeing either side when it comes to the publuc media infront of their face & Wade & Pat are trying to play nice.

Dade County
10-03-2016, 06:07 PM
1) Heat should have bowed down to LeBron and kissed his toes upon request. He was your ticket to the NBA Finals. Probably would be on their way to a threepeat right now.
2) They did Wade dirty. After they failed on getting a key FA and Durant, should have just paid Wade. He was their .

Never...

& they offered Wade the 20mil they agreed upon; he tried to get big headed & wanted more money because of the outrageous contracts that were handed out to sub players, in free agency.

I dont blame Wade for this but to earn just 3mil more & leave Miami just for that... I shake my head at him.

AllBall
10-03-2016, 06:21 PM

Hey man, this is PSD. Don't be coming over here with Facts.

lol

Dade County
10-03-2016, 06:31 PM
The best way for Riley to handle this would be to release Bosh, and say "hey, we don't think he's healthy enough to play. We don't want that on our hands. We'll let Chris go and let him make his own decisions".

But of course Riley won't do this because then he likely won't get the cap space. And as much as he denies that its about cap space, theres no doubt in my mind that at least part of it is about cap space.

No GM would do that. Why should Riley be judge by this.

All i know is that these guys are all playing a stupid little game & the fans have to pay the price. Bosh is not playing this season.

& once again, Bosh has his on Doctor, all Bosh has to do is release his own medical records to each team in the leauge.

But like i said he wont do that & i wonder why.

FlashBolt
10-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Never...

& they offered Wade the 20mil they agreed upon; he tried to get big headed & wanted more money because of the outrageous contracts that were handed out to sub players, in free agency.

I dont blame Wade for this but to earn just 3mil more & leave Miami just for that... I shake my head at him.

What do you mean never? Miami has been irrelevant in terms of winning since James left. They could have entered into Boston Celtics status by now with six straight Finals and four rings (I do think Whiteside, Wade, and LeBron would have beaten the Warriors in both years). Instead, Riley decided to test LeBron's authority.

And Wade only left after Heat tried crawling back to him. Like I said, he doesn't earn much more from signing with the Bulls due to state taxes. The moment Miami lucked out of KD and other key free agents, they should have paid Wade. What do they have to show for it now? Tyler Johnson and Dion Waiters? Those are the guys Miami would rather pay...?

Dade County
10-04-2016, 01:10 AM
What do you mean never? Miami has been irrelevant in terms of winning since James left. They could have entered into Boston Celtics status by now with six straight Finals and four rings (I do think Whiteside, Wade, and LeBron would have beaten the Warriors in both years). Instead, Riley decided to test LeBron's authority.

And Wade only left after Heat tried crawling back to him. Like I said, he doesn't earn much more from signing with the Bulls due to state taxes. The moment Miami lucked out of KD and other key free agents, they should have paid Wade. What do they have to show for it now? Tyler Johnson and Dion Waiters? Those are the guys Miami would rather pay...?

Never... too giving Lbj what he wanted.

Him leaving i am fine with, him trying to throw shade at the HEAT organization, in his non passive way, i'm not fine with.

FlashBolt
10-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Never... too giving Lbj what he wanted.

Him leaving i am fine with, him trying to throw shade at the HEAT organization, in his non passive way, i'm not fine with.

Yeah.. never.. and it's why Heat are probably never going to get another great free agent signing with how the best three players they've had the past decade are distancing themselves from that franchise. And why is it the player's who are throwing shade at the franchise? Isn't it possible that Pat and his team just handled it terribly?

Dade County
10-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Yeah.. never.. and it's why Heat are probably never going to get another great free agent signing with how the best three players they've had the past decade are distancing themselves from that franchise. And why is it the player's who are throwing shade at the franchise? Isn't it possible that Pat and his team just handled it terribly?

Yeah, from your beginning comment I can clearly tell that you have something against the HEAT.

Miami will have no trouble signing free agents & pulling off trades like they always do.

& yes, Pat could have handled the Wade situation a little better. But the only thing they did wrong with the Lbj situation, is that they should have traded him in his last year to an out West team.

& i have no more words for the Bosh drama.

SportsFanatic10
10-04-2016, 10:12 PM

Riley has been terrible lately I'll be the first to admit. I will never get over how they handled Wade, that was a disaster and disgraceful at best. But to say they will NEVER get another great FA is a stretch. South beach will always be an attraction and the Heat have had a great rep until recently. Riley won't be the team's president forever.

SportsFanatic10
10-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Hey man, this is PSD. Don't be coming over here with Facts.

lol

I know right lol

SportsFanatic10
10-04-2016, 10:17 PM
When free agency started up, reports came out that Wade is feeling slighted because NO ONE IS CONTACTING HIM, to get his deal dine first.

After that, the owner setup a meeting & Wade was told 20mil is the final offer.

Wade camp did comeout & say they haven't been contacted & the Miami cap stated they have tried to contact Wade.

You are skipping some parts of the story. I am not believeing either side when it comes to the publuc media infront of their face & Wade & Pat are trying to play nice.

Of course you think I'm leaving out part of the story. You think the whole NBA is a fixed story so it's impossible to get you to see the facts instead of the tin foil conspiracies. I could go on and on, Wade was wronged plain and simple. Yes you can make the case the Heat did it on purpose to move on from their aging star, but they didn't do it in a very respectful way and Wade felt he had to leave. He wasn't playing any "games" as you say.

Stunner
10-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Chris Bosh - F/C - Heat
The Heat may not waive Chris Bosh (blood clots) until February.
If the Heat want to completely remove Bosh's salary from their cap due to a "career-ending injury," then they can't waive him until February 9, which is one year removed from the last game he played. But in order for this to happen, an independent doctor selected by the NBA and NBPA would need to deem Bosh's situation career ending. Bosh still contends that he wants to play, but Miami could essentially make it impossible for him do so this season in order to better position themselves for free agency in 2017. It seems highly unlikely that we'll see Bosh on the court this year, so there's really no incentive to draft him in any setting.
Source: USA Today Oct 11 - 5:10 PM
Mitch McGary - F/C - Thunder

FlashBolt
10-12-2016, 02:00 PM
They want to waive Bosh later on the date so he can't play in the playoffs.. What a terrible franchise tbh.

R!kSm!tz
10-12-2016, 02:37 PM
They want to waive Bosh later on the date so he can't play in the playoffs.. What a terrible franchise tbh.

I saw that too that's ****ed up.

Deandre Jordan also said today if Bosh comes to the Clippers he'll come off the bench so Bosh can start.

Zach Lowe also predicted today that Bosh will sign with a team for the minimum.

It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out. If he's cleared, my Bulls would love to have him.

FlashBolt
10-12-2016, 02:45 PM
I saw that too that's ****ed up.

Deandre Jordan also said today if Bosh comes to the Clippers he'll come off the bench so Bosh can start.

Zach Lowe also predicted today that Bosh will sign with a team for the minimum.

It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out. If he's cleared, my Bulls would love to have him.

It's actually really pathetic that they are holding him hostage right now. Good luck finding a superstar willing to play for you in the future.. Just let the man go if you aren't willing to play him.

R!kSm!tz
10-12-2016, 04:07 PM
It's actually really pathetic that they are holding him hostage right now. Good luck finding a superstar willing to play for you in the future.. Just let the man go if you aren't willing to play him.

What the difference in cutting him after his year deadline and just buying him out? I don't really understand what's going on there.

da ThRONe
10-12-2016, 07:48 PM
What the difference in cutting him after his year deadline and just buying him out? I don't really understand what's going on there. If they buy him out some of his salary still counts on the cap.

beasted86
10-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Good luck finding a superstar to play in Miami? That's stated as if Miami's rep is significantly improving by letting Bosh play for another team.

The damage is already done. Miami over the past several years has had Arison start to establish himself as a penny-pincher worried about the luxury tax even when his team is fresh off a title by cutting Mike Miller, then later again by trading away a bunch of guys last year (Napier, Chalmers, etc) and asking an injured player in Udrih to help him avoid the tax again.

Miami basically also had James walk in free agency, largely related to Riley calling him out in a press conference for not having the guts to stick it out. They then refused to pay their GOAT franchise player Wade what he wanted in free agency over 2 summers and low balled him until he felt disrespected and left. And then failed to come together on a plan of action from last February on how they were going to try to get Bosh back on the court, leading to a shut down in communication, then for the cherry on top had him find out through the press he was no longer welcome with us and they would no longer help him try to rehab and manage his condition.

Miami has already buried and burned their reputation. You think being buried 5.5 feet is really significant over being the full 6 feet deep?

I completely agree with holding out Bosh indefinitely unless he agrees to give up a significant amount via a buyout. Otherwise, like I said, the damage is done. Might as well "Jamaal Tinsley" him and just have him stay home. Cutting Bosh earlier only to have him prove a "told you so that Miami only cared about their cap and I'm healthy enough to play" isn't going to help Miami whatsoever, whether that's as early as next March or later for the start of 2017/18. We will continue to look bad either way.

Clint Olbrock
10-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Good luck finding a superstar to play in Miami? That's stated as if Miami's rep is significantly improving by letting Bosh play for another team.

The damage is already done. Miami over the past several years has had Arison start to establish himself as a penny-pincher worried about the luxury tax even when his team is fresh off a title by cutting Mike Miller, then later again by trading away a bunch of guys last year (Napier, Chalmers, etc) and asking an injured player in Udrih to help him avoid the tax again.

Miami basically also had James walk in free agency, largely related to Riley calling him out in a press conference for not having the guts to stick it out. They then refused to pay their GOAT franchise player Wade what he wanted in free agency over 2 summers and low balled him until he felt disrespected and left. And then failed to come together on a plan of action from last February on how they were going to try to get Bosh back on the court, leading to a shut down in communication, then for the cherry on top had him find out through the press he was no longer welcome with us and they would no longer help him try to rehab and manage his condition.

Miami has already buried and burned their reputation. You think being buried 5.5 feet is really significant over being the full 6 feet deep?

I completely agree with holding out Bosh indefinitely unless he agrees to give up a significant amount via a buyout. Otherwise, like I said, the damage is done. Might as well "Jamaal Tinsley" him and just have him stay home. Cutting Bosh earlier only to have him prove a "told you so that Miami only cared about their cap and I'm healthy enough to play" isn't going to help Miami whatsoever, whether that's as early as next March or later for the start of 2017/18. We will continue to look bad either way.

I'm shocked but you hit nearly every single nail on the head... Idk how you stay a fan of that franchise after everything you just listed off.

AllBall
10-13-2016, 10:33 AM
:rolleyes:

When Bosh drops dead on live TV reality will strike hard and cold. It's sad that that's what it's going to take for everyone to take this serious.

FlashBolt
10-13-2016, 02:07 PM
So the puzzles are fitting well in that Miami Heat has been terribly ran the past few years? Seems like that's the case. I had an issue with someone saying Heat shouldn't have catered to LeBron. Yes, they should have. LeBron doesn't and didn't need Miami anymore. Miami had a chance to enter six straight NBA Finals (TBH, they could probably reach ten and tie with the Celtics since Whiteside has developed into a center Heat really needed at that time). So not only have they screwed themselves out of two definite rings the past two seasons, they lost the opportunity to make uncharted history in the modern era of basketball. Five years from now, we would be talking about the best franchise in the NBA the past decade, Miami Heat. Now, you let go of Wade to sign Tyler Johnson and Dion Waiters.. Go Heat!

beasted86
10-13-2016, 03:04 PM
So the puzzles are fitting well in that Miami Heat has been terribly ran the past few years? Seems like that's the case. I had an issue with someone saying Heat shouldn't have catered to LeBron. Yes, they should have. LeBron doesn't and didn't need Miami anymore. Miami had a chance to enter six straight NBA Finals (TBH, they could probably reach ten and tie with the Celtics since Whiteside has developed into a center Heat really needed at that time). So not only have they screwed themselves out of two definite rings the past two seasons, they lost the opportunity to make uncharted history in the modern era of basketball. Five years from now, we would be talking about the best franchise in the NBA the past decade, Miami Heat. Now, you let go of Wade to sign Tyler Johnson and Dion Waiters.. Go Heat!
You realize Waiters and Johnson literally make a combined $8M and Wade signed for $23M right?

It might help if you made any sense at all.

Miami mismanaged the Wade situation but your reasoning is completely false.

Also, mismanaged the narrative, sure. But I'm actually in agreement with all the decisions made, just way off on the approach. No, you cannot bend over backwards and let LeBron run the team and pick his own coach and make trades. No, you don't trade off every player on the team to keep 35yr old Wade when you literally offered every dollar available after resigning Whiteside. No, you don't clear Bosh to play if there is legitimate medical risk.

But Miami fumbled the approach completely, I'll say that much.

FlashBolt
10-13-2016, 10:28 PM
You realize Waiters and Johnson literally make a combined $8M and Wade signed for $23M right?

It might help if you made any sense at all.

Miami mismanaged the Wade situation but your reasoning is completely false.

Also, mismanaged the narrative, sure. But I'm actually in agreement with all the decisions made, just way off on the approach. No, you cannot bend over backwards and let LeBron run the team and pick his own coach and make trades. No, you don't trade off every player on the team to keep 35yr old Wade when you literally offered every dollar available after resigning Whiteside. No, you don't clear Bosh to play if there is legitimate medical risk.

But Miami fumbled the approach completely, I'll say that much.

1) Does it matter? Their new guards to replace Wade are Johnson and Waiters.. how does that help them get better? Who else did they get? Udrih? Who cares?
2) Don't get upset with me, buddy. You and your negative attitude is karma. Have fun with Whiteside as your 1st option.
3) Yes, you bend over for the best player in the game and the sole reason you're in the NBA Finals.

beasted86
10-14-2016, 07:14 AM
1) Does it matter? Their new guards to replace Wade are Johnson and Waiters.. how does that help them get better? Who else did they get? Udrih? Who cares?
2) Don't get upset with me, buddy. You and your negative attitude is karma. Have fun with Whiteside as your 1st option.
3) Yes, you bend over for the best player in the game and the sole reason you're in the NBA Finals.
Yes it matters because otherwise you make no sense. There's literally no correlation. Your statement is analogous to "I got a flat tire today, I'm going to buy a new car next week". There's no relevance in the two statements.

Like I said, the HEAT did the right thing with Wade technically speaking, it's the approach that's way off. From a basic logic standpoint, yes, you make Whiteside the priority and max him out (since he's the much younger and more impactful player at this point) and then you offer Wade ever single dollar that's remaining, and that's what they did.

The problem was you max out Whiteside 12:01 and then you tell Wade 'hold on, well get back to you' with an insulting $10M dollar initial offer resting on the table. After you whiff on Durant only then over a week later you bump up your offer to your remaining cap space of $20M. At that point it's surely a matter of principal that Wade is going to leave even if it's only for $3M more which state taxes will wipe out most of that difference.

So yes, "technically" speaking, Riley did the right thing. If Wade really felt he should have been the priority over Whiteside and got the $23M instead and Whiteside the remaining $20, too bad, so sad, see you later. Or if he believed Miami should have cleared more cap space to match Chicago's offer by trading away their rookies Josh Richardson and/or Justise Winslow without taking a player back, or waiving Josh McRoberts (because nobody is dumb enough to trade for him), then again, too bad, see you later. Miami did eventually offer all they could, and the $20M was fair market value for Wade. It's that Riley fumbled the entire negotiation by not giving a real offer $12:01 and seeing if Wade was willing to leave money on the table to support a run at Durant. Instead he put him in the back burner. And chased after him and insulted a player who helped build your franchise and is still playing at a high level.

Scoots
10-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Yes it matters because otherwise you make no sense. There's literally no correlation. Your statement is analogous to "I got a flat tire today, I'm going to buy a new car next week". There's no relevance in the two statements.

I think his point is more like "I got a flat tire today, I can use a really well built tire that's a little old and maybe too expensive and may not roll too much longer, or take a shot that maybe this retread or this unknown tire will replace the old and expensive one" ... see, comparing tires to tires.

Scoots
10-14-2016, 09:58 AM
I think it's funny that this is essentially playing out like I said it would. Bosh wants to play, the Heat don't want to pay him on their cap.

R!kSm!tz
10-14-2016, 10:21 AM
I think it's funny that this is essentially playing out like I said it would. Bosh wants to play, the Heat don't want to pay him on their cap.

Yep, I think the Heat are just scared that if it happens again it will hurt their chances in next years free agency and for the 3rd straight year.

Scoots
10-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Pretty bad for the Heat's image that they may delay cutting him until he can't get enough games in this year to go around their health exemption. Basically the Heat would be taking a year away from his career to delay his cap hit by a year and hope his health gets worse again. Not a good image for the Heat ... again.

FlashBolt
10-14-2016, 03:53 PM

Like I said, the HEAT did the right thing with Wade technically speaking, it's the approach that's way off. From a basic logic standpoint, yes, you make Whiteside the priority and max him out (since he's the much younger and more impactful player at this point) and then you offer Wade ever single dollar that's remaining, and that's what they did.

The problem was you max out Whiteside 12:01 and then you tell Wade 'hold on, well get back to you' with an insulting $10M dollar initial offer resting on the table. After you whiff on Durant only then over a week later you bump up your offer to your remaining cap space of $20M. At that point it's surely a matter of principal that Wade is going to leave even if it's only for $3M more which state taxes will wipe out most of that difference.

So yes, "technically" speaking, Riley did the right thing. If Wade really felt he should have been the priority over Whiteside and got the $23M instead and Whiteside the remaining $20, too bad, so sad, see you later. Or if he believed Miami should have cleared more cap space to match Chicago's offer by trading away their rookies Josh Richardson and/or Justise Winslow without taking a player back, or waiving Josh McRoberts (because nobody is dumb enough to trade for him), then again, too bad, see you later. Miami did eventually offer all they could, and the $20M was fair market value for Wade. It's that Riley fumbled the entire negotiation by not giving a real offer $12:01 and seeing if Wade was willing to leave money on the table to support a run at Durant. Instead he put him in the back burner. And chased after him and insulted a player who helped build your franchise and is still playing at a high level.

Whiteside said he was willing to take a paycut to get Wade back... Wade felt disrespected that he didn't really care about a slight difference in money anymore. And sorry, it really doesn't. Heat lost Wade and have nothing to show for it. Had they made some significant moves and let go of Wade, we wouldn't be having a discussion here. They literally replaced him with Johnson, Udrih, and Waiters. Why not just pay the man the moment you couldn't get KD? And I'm 100% sure the fallout from Bosh could be prevented if Wade was still in that franchise. Regardless of what I stated, Heat has been terrible. They should have babied LeBron up because the goal of a franchise is to win.. Pat Riley couldn't let his ego go to make history.

beasted86
10-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Whiteside said he was willing to take a paycut to get Wade back... Wade felt disrespected that he didn't really care about a slight difference in money anymore. And sorry, it really doesn't. Heat lost Wade and have nothing to show for it. Had they made some significant moves and let go of Wade, we wouldn't be having a discussion here. They literally replaced him with Johnson, Udrih, and Waiters. Why not just pay the man the moment you couldn't get KD? And I'm 100% sure the fallout from Bosh could be prevented if Wade was still in that franchise. Regardless of what I stated, Heat has been terrible. They should have babied LeBron up because the goal of a franchise is to win.. Pat Riley couldn't let his ego go to make history.

Miami did offer to pay him. It was too late because he already felt slighted. At that point, only way he was returning to Miami is getting more money (in years). Miami offered a 2yr deal and he basically said if I'm only getting 2 years in going to Chicago. KD or not, I wouldn't want Wade for 3 years.

BTW, I guess Wade stopped Bosh from involving union lawyers last April too, right? Best if you just stop spouting.

R!kSm!tz
10-14-2016, 11:37 PM
Miami did offer to pay him. It was too late because he already felt slighted. At that point, only way he was returning to Miami is getting more money (in years). Miami offered a 2yr deal and he basically said if I'm only getting 2 years in going to Chicago. KD or not, I wouldn't want Wade for 3 years.

BTW, I guess Wade stopped Bosh from involving union lawyers last April too, right? Best if you just stop spouting.

If you don't want him after all he's done for your franchise (the only reason it's been relevant) the. You all don't deserve him. We'll gladly take him and he looks great so far.

beasted86
10-15-2016, 01:27 AM
If you don't want him after all he's done for your franchise (the only reason it's been relevant) the. You all don't deserve him. We'll gladly take him and he looks great so far.

I wanted him back for the 2 years, or possibly 3 at much lower money in a non-back loaded contract (IE: 3 x $18M flat).

However, no, I did not want him back at age 37 making $26M+ like he was attempting to force the team into giving out. Miami was right to hold the line at a 2yr deal and give themselves the right to reevaluate again at age 36+ to see what he would be worth going into age 37+ just like the Bulls did. They obviously didn't fold in either and offer 3 years like Denver was doing. I don't have a problem with that part of it from the HEAT. It's the rest of the approach to negotiating I had a problem with.

They simple fumbled the ball and built up this situation over the past 2+ summers during negotiation. It's not like just an overnight thing where he didn't think they were taking care of him. I was in a minority of HEAT fans last summer who was saying Arison should have bit the bullet accepting he would be in the tax, and overpaid him last year and made him the title of "highest paid guy on the team" for once and for all on a 1yr deal, so he can feel satisfied that we at least took care of him for all he's done so that gives you more leeway going into this year's negotiation. Giving him like a 1yr $25 M last summer would have improved the relations.

Big Zo
10-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Bosh is dealing with a chronic illness that could potentially be fatal. It's no surprise that like 50 different doctors have refused to clear him. Heat are looking like a-holes to the general public, but I think they're actually doing what's best for him.

Scoots
10-15-2016, 09:20 AM
A doctor friend of mine said he could easily and safely play in the NBA if he didn't travel. 41 home games a year gets him over the threshold and the Heat still have to pay him. I don't really understand the medical side but he also implied that as long as he was closely monitored there is no way he drops dead playing the game either. He did say there is some danger to his health though, and that Bosh's diet he'd have to be on may not be conducive to maintaining the muscle mass needed to maintain his level of performance.

R!kSm!tz
10-15-2016, 10:49 AM
A doctor friend of mine said he could easily and safely play in the NBA if he didn't travel. 41 home games a year gets him over the threshold and the Heat still have to pay him. I don't really understand the medical side but he also implied that as long as he was closely monitored there is no way he drops dead playing the game either. He did say there is some danger to his health though, and that Bosh's diet he'd have to be on may not be conducive to maintaining the muscle mass needed to maintain his level of performance.

I guess that's fine over the course of the regular season but it throws off on court chemistry in my opinion. So what happens when the playoffs come and every game counts? Surely he would travel then.

KnickNyKnick
10-15-2016, 12:13 PM
just have EMS standing by every game and a operating room full of surgeons in the locker area, there let him play.

FlashBolt
10-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Well I think the biggest issue with Bosh isn't that he can play but teams are going to have to make changes once he's gone. It'll be a huge blow to a contending team is Bosh couldn't play anymore and now you have to switch the rotation all over again. That type of uncertainty is not what coaches want. I hope he does play but at the same time, can't blame a team for wanting him not to.

Big Zo
10-15-2016, 12:20 PM

so basically he can't play. Lol

Scoots
10-15-2016, 11:22 PM
so basically he can't play. Lol

No, he CAN play absolutely safely. He's not going to drop dead on the court like some people are saying. And if he wants to play and some team wants to play him then the Heat are going to have to pay him ON the cap.

I sure there are some middle of the pack teams who would be all to happy to have him helping them get over the hump and make the playoffs.

R!kSm!tz
10-16-2016, 03:13 AM
No, he CAN play absolutely safely. He's not going to drop dead on the court like some people are saying. And if he wants to play and some team wants to play him then the Heat are going to have to pay him ON the cap.

I sure there are some middle of the pack teams who would be all to happy to have him helping them get over the hump and make the playoffs.

I would love Bosh on the Bulls.

latinofire21
10-16-2016, 09:44 AM
Hey Bosh join our franchise! New York Knicks support players who want to give it their all and have a less than stellar health history. Be our super sub 6th man! Look at our track record!

Antonio McDyess
Cuttino Mobley
Eddy Curry
Amare Stoudemire
Rasheed Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Derrick Rose
Joakim Noah

We like to take chances and we will certainly be taking one with you!!!! New York Knicks! Future home of Chris "I never quit" Bosh!

beasted86
10-16-2016, 10:27 AM
Hey Bosh join our franchise! New York Knicks support players who want to give it their all and have a less than stellar health history. Be our super sub 6th man! Look at our track record!

Antonio McDyess
Cuttino Mobley
Eddy Curry
Amare Stoudemire
Rasheed Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Derrick Rose
Joakim Noah

We like to take chances and we will certainly be taking one with you!!!! New York Knicks! Future home of Chris "I never quit" Bosh!

Penny Hardaway
Tracy McGrady
Steve Francis
Baron Davis

Big Zo
10-16-2016, 10:56 AM

Antonio McDyess
Cuttino Mobley
Eddy Curry
Amare Stoudemire
Rasheed Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Derrick Rose
Joakim Noah

He's not gonna risk his life to sign with a crap team that has no shot at winning anything.

Big Zo
10-16-2016, 11:02 AM

The one doctor that has been willing to clear him so far, is what I assume to be the real life version of Dr. Nick from The Simpsons. I don't think any team is gonna be willing to take on that kind of liability, and be willing to pay a guy even league minimum for a half season of only home games. He's done.

latinofire21
10-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Penny Hardaway
Tracy McGrady
Steve Francis
Baron Davis

LOL thanks for adding to the list. I knew I forgot a few. Also that big man from the sonics that had one good playoff run and just couldn't walk for the rest of his career. Forgot his name.

da ThRONe
10-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Bosh is dealing with a chronic illness that could potentially be fatal. It's no surprise that like 50 different doctors have refused to clear him. Heat are looking like a-holes to the general public, but I think they're actually doing what's best for him.

What 50 doctor are you referring to? All I know is the Heat staff and the league staff.

latinofire21
10-16-2016, 11:40 AM
He's not gonna risk his life to sign with a crap team that has no shot at winning anything.

So is that secretly why he isn't playing for Miami? This must all be a clever rouse to not make Bosh look like the bad guy. He just doesn't want to play for the Heat and risk his life since they are a crap team. LOL

I don't work on that angle buddy sorry to say. Chris Bosh has made his money and wants to go out on his terms. If he felt ring chasing was worth his life than I feel real sorry for him. The more than likely story is the Doctors said something along the lines of this:

Chris this is a serious condition but can be monitored with a strict diet, workout regimen, and protocol which would mean missing some away trips and practices to not over exert yourself.

Bosh: Ok Doc so I can play without any serious career ending injuries. I am going to play this season alright

Heat: Chris we need you to be available for the full season. Not half. We need you at all practices. We are paying you to be the face of our franchise along with Hassan and we cannot allow you to only play half the season.

Bosh: But I am medically cleared to play

Heat: We cant pay for a superstar with this many restrictions. Its in our best interest to part ways.

Any other team around the league will be more than willing to pay a vet minimum to a guy with his skill set even with all the restrictions.

It sucks for the Heat but you cant feel bad. The big three set up todays NBA and did it in Miami. They got what they paid for.

Clint Olbrock
10-16-2016, 11:44 AM

Sounds like the Heat 🔥

J_M_B
10-16-2016, 12:02 PM
So Miami is a poorly run franchise because they are no longer pursing a way to get Bosh back on the court? It's been two years and 3 different clotting episodes! At some point you have to move on and do what's best for the organization, his 25M salary has handcuffed this team. How can anyone field a competitive roster when the highest paid player (who takes up close to 30% of your cap) is unplayable.

I feel for Chris, but there's nothing wrong with how the Heat are handling this issue (unlike a few other things recently I'll admit).

da ThRONe
10-16-2016, 12:54 PM
So is that secretly why he isn't playing for Miami? This must all be a clever rouse to not make Bosh look like the bad guy. He just doesn't want to play for the Heat and risk his life since they are a crap team. LOL

I don't work on that angle buddy sorry to say. Chris Bosh has made his money and wants to go out on his terms. If he felt ring chasing was worth his life than I feel real sorry for him. The more than likely story is the Doctors said something along the lines of this:

Chris this is a serious condition but can be monitored with a strict diet, workout regimen, and protocol which would mean missing some away trips and practices to not over exert yourself.

Bosh: Ok Doc so I can play without any serious career ending injuries. I am going to play this season alright

Heat: Chris we need you to be available for the full season. Not half. We need you at all practices. We are paying you to be the face of our franchise along with Hassan and we cannot allow you to only play half the season.

Bosh: But I am medically cleared to play

Heat: We cant pay for a superstar with this many restrictions. Its in our best interest to part ways.

Any other team around the league will be more than willing to pay a vet minimum to a guy with his skill set even with all the restrictions.

It sucks for the Heat but you cant feel bad. The big three set up todays NBA and did it in Miami. They got what they paid for.

I think this is close to the actual situation. I highly doubt if Bosh thought there was a legit chance he could die on the court he'd still be pushing to play. It's in the Heat best interest to move on from Bosh and so they have no interest in working with him and that explains why Chris felt dismissed by the organization.

Scoots
10-16-2016, 09:22 PM
So Miami is a poorly run franchise because they are no longer pursing a way to get Bosh back on the court? It's been two years and 3 different clotting episodes! At some point you have to move on and do what's best for the organization, his 25M salary has handcuffed this team. How can anyone field a competitive roster when the highest paid player (who takes up close to 30% of your cap) is unplayable.

I feel for Chris, but there's nothing wrong with how the Heat are handling this issue (unlike a few other things recently I'll admit).

Sure, but you understand that Chris wants to play right? He doesn't want to be forced into retirement when he still feels he can play. It's not the best thing for the Heat, but you can't blame Bosh for not thinking about the Heat first right?

J_M_B
10-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Sure, but you understand that Chris wants to play right? He doesn't want to be forced into retirement when he still feels he can play. It's not the best thing for the Heat, but you can't blame Bosh for not thinking about the Heat first right?

Of course, he has his reasons, which I completely respect. I live in Miami, so this situation has been under the microscope for years now. Just because he wants to play doesn't mean he can. His solution is to take a new blood thinner 8-10 hours before games. Most Heat doctors have disagreed with this approach, stating the chance of uncontrollable bleeding if he takes a fall. Chris is also not feeling any symptoms, so its easy to understand why he thinks he can play, but it doesn't mean he's out of the woods yet.

Scoots
10-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Of course, he has his reasons, which I completely respect. I live in Miami, so this situation has been under the microscope for years now. Just because he wants to play doesn't mean he can. His solution is to take a new blood thinner 8-10 hours before games. Most Heat doctors have disagreed with this approach, stating the chance of uncontrollable bleeding if he takes a fall. Chris is also not feeling any symptoms, so its easy to understand why he thinks he can play, but it doesn't mean he's out of the woods yet.

But regardless of all of that the Heat's only real issue isn't Bosh's health, it's that they don't want to pay him on the cap. That's all they really care about. As far as I'm concerned they can just bench him until his contract ends if they want to, but no they want to get his money off of the cap and to do that they are trying to force him to retire. They have a motive to make sure their doctors and trainers and coaches say he "can't" play ... when in reality he can try to play, they just don't want him to. The Heat can wash their hands of the Bosh PR issues by cutting him right now, but then they are on the hook if he plays 28 games this year (or any year IIRC) ... so they are going to keep putting out the PR message that they care about his health while not letting him play and trying to force him into retirement ... if he "fails" to retire and "fails" to see that he's putting himself in harms way they can cut him too late in the year for him to play the 28 games and they get a 1 year break on his cap impact.

SfgiantsJD3
10-17-2016, 03:02 PM
snipped
Chris is also not feeling any symptoms, so its easy to understand why he thinks he can play, but it doesn't mean he's out of the woods yet.

That is where he is failing, the only symptoms of a clot are a clot, its not like a runny nose turning into pneumonia, once the leg starts swelling the clotting has started and the risk is there, if a clot breaks lose its either into the lungs or heart or brain. This can be almost instantaneous, clot -> leg -> brain or heart or lung - dead. The risk is so high its up to the league and the lawyers and the insurance company and the CBA, its not playing through a sore anything.

J_M_B
10-17-2016, 05:02 PM
But regardless of all of that the Heat's only real issue isn't Bosh's health, it's that they don't want to pay him on the cap. That's all they really care about. As far as I'm concerned they can just bench him until his contract ends if they want to, but no they want to get his money off of the cap and to do that they are trying to force him to retire. They have a motive to make sure their doctors and trainers and coaches say he "can't" play ... when in reality he can try to play, they just don't want him to. The Heat can wash their hands of the Bosh PR issues by cutting him right now, but then they are on the hook if he plays 28 games this year (or any year IIRC) ... so they are going to keep putting out the PR message that they care about his health while not letting him play and trying to force him into retirement ... if he "fails" to retire and "fails" to see that he's putting himself in harms way they can cut him too late in the year for him to play the 28 games and they get a 1 year break on his cap impact.

What I think some people are missing is that this has become a reoccurring medical problem. When Bosh initially went down, the Heat had every intention of getting him back on the court and did, but he then suffered a second clot less than 12 months later. I'm not a doctor, but at that point many believe a second occurrence less than a year apart requires blood thinners for the rest of that person's life. That's why I can't knock Miami for moving on, playing on blood thinners can be deadly.

& your other point about Miami just washing their hands clean by releasing Bosh outright .. Why doesn't Bosh accept a buyout then? Why should Miami handicap itself with his salary? At the end of the day this is a business

da ThRONe
10-17-2016, 06:45 PM
What I think some people are missing is that this has become a reoccurring medical problem. When Bosh initially went down, the Heat had every intention of getting him back on the court and did, but he then suffered a second clot less than 12 months later. I'm not a doctor, but at that point many believe a second occurrence less than a year apart requires blood thinners for the rest of that person's life. That's why I can't knock Miami for moving on, playing on blood thinners can be deadly.

& your other point about Miami just washing their hands clean by releasing Bosh outright .. Why doesn't Bosh accept a buyout then? Why should Miami handicap itself with his salary? At the end of the day this is a business

It's a matter of trust. If you are Bosh you just witness management essential run off the games greatest player then the franchise greater player(both of them you are friends with) why would he trust they have his best interest at heart? Some doctor/s somewhere has to be telling Bosh his condition is something he can manage and still play safely. So it's a matter of trusting team and league doctors or trusting the doctors he's getting advice from.

As far as a buyout do we even know if the Heat are offering Chris the option?

SportsFanatic10
10-17-2016, 07:10 PM

Bingo, I haven't agreed with most of what Miami's done lately but this is the right move. With Bosh if he's willing to potentially put his life on the line in order to play, he might as well risk part of his salary too. If he's so determined to bet on himself being able to play, he should be thinking he'll be able to earn another good contract with another team once he proves he can get and stay on the court. He's already set for life and could make the buyout money on top of his new contract salary. This being a business is very true and the Heat have no reason whatsoever to cut him or play him given the circumstances. The cap hit is just way too big.

Dade County
10-17-2016, 07:22 PM

Every franchise & GM would do the same when it comes to releasing Bosh after March or May 1st; so he doesn't play the 25 games thats needed to place his contract back on Miami cap.

So why even bring up they should release him now?

Dade County
10-17-2016, 07:29 PM
It's a matter of trust. If you are Bosh you just witness management essential run off the games greatest player then the franchise greater player(both of them you are friends with) why would he trust they have his best interest at heart? Some doctor/s somewhere has to be telling Bosh his condition is something he can manage and still play safely. So it's a matter of trusting team and league doctors or trusting the doctors he's getting advice from.

As far as a buyout do we even know if the Heat are offering Chris the option?

HEAT did not run off Lbj or Wade... The leauge set it up so Lbj can go back home; because that was in the best interest of the league.

& Wade wanted more momey after he saw the ridiculous contracts being handed out. But the team & Wade already agreed upon a number the season before.

That number was 20mil.

Clint Olbrock
10-17-2016, 08:08 PM
HEAT did not run off Lbj or Wade... The leauge set it up so Lbj can go back home; because that was in the best interest of the league.

& Wade wanted more momey after he saw the ridiculous contracts being handed out. But the team & Wade already agreed upon a number the season before.

That number was 20mil.

You have no proof for either of these claims that you repetitively state.

The Heat ran off their big 3, it's what they wanted to do and they got it. They're very ungrateful to those 3 guys but it's their choice.

da ThRONe
10-17-2016, 09:01 PM

That number was 20mil.

I was speaking from Bosh's perspective. Not sure how accurate the idea of them running James and/or Wade off is to reality. However there's reason to believe it's true and it's been reported that Bosh believes the franchise mishandled those guys situations.

Dade County
10-17-2016, 09:33 PM

The Heat ran off their big 3, it's what they wanted to do and they got it. They're very ungrateful to those 3 guys but it's their choice.

Lmao...ok

It was reported that the HEAT had a deal with Wade of 20mil. He wanted more.

J_M_B
10-17-2016, 11:17 PM

Ahaha how did they run them off?

LeBron left for home and a younger supporting cast.

Miami chose to avoid a Kobe/LA situation with Wade. Probably accelerated the rebuild too

Bosh for medical reasons

Scoots
10-18-2016, 01:23 AM

An issue recurring doesn't mean there are no more options. He can change his diet, exercise, how he travels, what he wears, etc ... and possibly control the clots without blood thinners.

da ThRONe
10-18-2016, 10:47 AM

Miami chose to avoid a Kobe/LA situation with Wade. Probably accelerated the rebuild too

Bosh for medical reasons

Well LeBron didn't leave Miami for a better roster. Irving had potential but had never gotten his team out of the cellars, Bennett looked like an all time bust, and we hadn't seen Wiggins play one meaningful NBA game. If it was simply for a younger supporting cast James picked about as worse of a team he could have picked.

Clint Olbrock
10-18-2016, 11:39 AM

Bosh for medical reasons

Wade wanted more money once LeBron left for being loyal, like Pat preaches, for sacrificing money and many years of service. They bulked n gave it to Bosh instead. The following summer Wade was VERY close to leaving, yet again gave his money to Dragic instead. After carrying the Heat through the playoffs Wade understandably wanted his money, Pat had no communication with him n gave his money to Whiteside instead.

Bosh was ready to walk to the Rockets to get paid but the Heat trumped the offer to retain him, it was Pat's version of "the letter"; it was just a statement to/at LeBron. Bosh gets clots n has to sit out, Heat miss the playoffs. Bosh is allowed to come back and everything is cool until he gets clots again, refuse to clear him for the playoffs, then the franchise is done with him and want his salary off the books. Pat may have reached out to Bosh but it was AFTER Wade and LeBron were did dirty. Bosh thinks he's ready to return but he fails his physical.. Media day opens and Pat drops the bomb that the Heat are done with Bosh and he's banned from coming around the team.

Point being, this is 100% Pat and his big ego's fault.

"Ahaha"

Big Zo
10-18-2016, 02:44 PM

Point being, this is 100% Pat and his big ego's fault.

"Ahaha"
LeBron left to repair his image, after the whiney little girls of Ohio ran the "**** on LeBron every chance you can get" bandwagon that stormed the nation for 4 years. Not because of money.