PDA

View Full Version : Middleton out for 6 months due to hamstring surgery

Stunner
09-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Khris Middleton suffered a left hamstring injury & will require surgery. He is expected to be sidelined for 6 months

https://twitter.com/bucks/status/778744905103388673

kobe4thewinbang
09-21-2016, 11:38 PM
Ouch. Gonna cost them some games, I reckon since they gave him that big deal. Hopefully Giannis gets a quick start to showing he's the man in town to help weather the storm.

Htownballa1622
09-22-2016, 09:07 AM
That sucks. Injuries suck.

I wonder how painful that would be.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Bucks already working the phones to trade for a wing. Or a 2 for 1 deal to clear roster spot to sign a Kevin Martin or Ray Allen. I could see a Monroe to Pelicans for Evans and Ajinca as well. But then we be over maxed roster. Also Evans is injured yet. Maybe Rudy Gay? Not sure what other wings be on the trade block right now....

McLemore from Kings as well. But he's hasn't been shooting all that well. I could see a MCW for McLemore. Both RFA next summer. Kings need a PG with Collison assault charges and suspension coming. All they got is Lawson. I could see some teams more interested in Henson then Moose as well.

FlashBolt
09-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Bucks already working the phones to trade for a wing. Or a 2 for 1 deal to clear roster spot to sign a Kevin Martin or Ray Allen. I could see a Monroe to Pelicans for Evans and Ajinca as well. But then we be over maxed roster. Also Evans is injured yet. Maybe Rudy Gay? Not sure what other wings be on the trade block right now....

McLemore from Kings as well. But he's hasn't been shooting all that well. I could see a MCW for McLemore. Both RFA next summer. Kings need a PG with Collison assault charges and suspension coming. All they got is Lawson. I could see some teams more interested in Henson then Moose as well.

I like the McLemore trade. Works out for both teams. I'm thinking we'll see Giannis with a top 5 USG% rate this season with KM out.

dhopisthename
09-22-2016, 12:30 PM
This is brutal for the Bucks. to lose a guy before the season starts to what might be a season ending injury. really hurts their playoff chances as well

Hawkeye15
09-22-2016, 01:24 PM
pretty huge loss for this upcoming season.

xxplayerxx23
09-22-2016, 01:27 PM
They done minus a huge trade for a stud SG

Chronz
09-22-2016, 01:46 PM
I like the McLemore trade. Works out for both teams. I'm thinking we'll see Giannis with a top 5 USG% rate this season with KM out.
That might be what its going to take but quite frankly, I dont think he has it in him to do it with any sort of efficiency on a team that already lacks floor spacers and attempts to play traditional with its bigs. People are expecting Giannis to take the leap but hes going to need to take 2 or get some serious help from Jabari opening up driving lanes as a stretch-4 to offset this loss.

Milwaukee has had a run of bad luck, OJ Mayo's drug addiction cost him a paycheck and this team a crucial spacer and now this? Whos going to play the 2 for them? What do you do with a HUGE negative in MCW?

The Bucks season may hinge on whether Kidd is done with his interest in MCW because the guy kills teams and stunts the progression of Giannis, it was OBVIOUS to anyone except for their coach who their undisputed lead ball handler should have been. Both Milwaukee and Philly were wise to bring in undersized 2's to pass off as 1's with Giannis/Simmons handling the ball so much. But they have a huge hole to fill in the backcourt.

Last year Middleton+Giannis = highest Minutes logged together. They were the teams 5th most efficient duo with only the overlapping OJ Mayo lineups (w/Parker/Middleton/Monroe) and the Middleton/Monroe lineups ahead. Mayo's #'s are important to note because his playing time was mostly with the duo I mentioned. Its interesting to see all the Giannis/MCW lineups at the bottom. I think its strictly a result of them being incapable of sharing the floor yet for some reason, Kidd saw fit to have them start together.

When you look at all of their lineups, that specific duo is a real hindrance because they share the same strengths and same weaknesses and only 1 of them deserves to be on the floor. Even if Kidd would have simply brought in MCW as the backup to GA, the team would have been far better off IMO.

Still, if you look at everyone's most successful units, they ALL contain Middleton. When the roles are reversed, the team suffers sure, but it doesn't entirely crumble the way it does when hes not out there. And we're talking about the teams leading Minutes guy, its not like hes often tasked with slaying scrub lineups while his teammates rest, with this many years in, it asks alot for me to assume he just happens to be the 1 player on the team who gets such a massive boost from external factors. No, the reason is because you can literally play him with anyone, you can play Mayo+Middleton with anyone, even more, they actually compliment Giannis. Thats why I say he needs to take 2 steps because the challenge is that daunting.

If they become respectable on either end, I would be impressed with that alone and would encourage me if I were a fan of them for Middleton's eventual return.

This is brutal for the Bucks. to lose a guy before the season starts to what might be a season ending injury. really hurts their playoff chances as well
Brutal is right, the Bucks had a bad season but they were at least approaching respectability when Middleton was out there, he has BY FAR the highest +/- numbers (in all its forms) last I checked, IIRC its been the case since his emergence as a starter.

My greatest fear from this is that Middleton comes back altered, he wont lose much offensively and he will remain an elite defender, it just wont come at the 2 IMO. Guys that tall who can defend 2-4 dont tend to retain that ability very long and thats without injury. Thats subjective tho, like PG used to be a SG but now I think hes a full blown SF and while he could without a doubt excel as a 2, you just get the feeling its no longer his best position.

Htownballa1622
09-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Michael Beasley to the rescue!

Bruno
09-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Danny Green would be a great Buck. I mentioned that on reddit before the Middleton injury. the team could switch on every screen and have the floor spreading needed for Giannis to break defenses. he'd be the perfect replacement right now. I'd offer some kind of MCW/Monroe package for a Green package if I were the Bucks and if I thought Pop was even slightly interested. Bucks are a team of all talent and no fit, they need to go get the fit guys, and this Middleton injury gives a great excuse to get it started now.

FlashBolt
09-22-2016, 07:04 PM
That might be what its going to take but quite frankly, I dont think he has it in him to do it with any sort of efficiency on a team that already lacks floor spacers and attempts to play traditional with its bigs. People are expecting Giannis to take the leap but hes going to need to take 2 or get some serious help from Jabari opening up driving lanes as a stretch-4 to offset this loss.

Milwaukee has had a run of bad luck, OJ Mayo's drug addiction cost him a paycheck and this team a crucial spacer and now this? Whos going to play the 2 for them? What do you do with a HUGE negative in MCW?

The Bucks season may hinge on whether Kidd is done with his interest in MCW because the guy kills teams and stunts the progression of Giannis, it was OBVIOUS to anyone except for their coach who their undisputed lead ball handler should have been. Both Milwaukee and Philly were wise to bring in undersized 2's to pass off as 1's with Giannis/Simmons handling the ball so much. But they have a huge hole to fill in the backcourt.

Last year Middleton+Giannis = highest Minutes logged together. They were the teams 5th most efficient duo with only the overlapping OJ Mayo lineups (w/Parker/Middleton/Monroe) and the Middleton/Monroe lineups ahead. Mayo's #'s are important to note because his playing time was mostly with the duo I mentioned. Its interesting to see all the Giannis/MCW lineups at the bottom. I think its strictly a result of them being incapable of sharing the floor yet for some reason, Kidd saw fit to have them start together.

When you look at all of their lineups, that specific duo is a real hindrance because they share the same strengths and same weaknesses and only 1 of them deserves to be on the floor. Even if Kidd would have simply brought in MCW as the backup to GA, the team would have been far better off IMO.

Still, if you look at everyone's most successful units, they ALL contain Middleton. When the roles are reversed, the team suffers sure, but it doesn't entirely crumble the way it does when hes not out there. And we're talking about the teams leading Minutes guy, its not like hes often tasked with slaying scrub lineups while his teammates rest, with this many years in, it asks alot for me to assume he just happens to be the 1 player on the team who gets such a massive boost from external factors. No, the reason is because you can literally play him with anyone, you can play Mayo+Middleton with anyone, even more, they actually compliment Giannis. Thats why I say he needs to take 2 steps because the challenge is that daunting.

If they become respectable on either end, I would be impressed with that alone and would encourage me if I were a fan of them for Middleton's eventual return.

Brutal is right, the Bucks had a bad season but they were at least approaching respectability when Middleton was out there, he has BY FAR the highest +/- numbers (in all its forms) last I checked, IIRC its been the case since his emergence as a starter.

My greatest fear from this is that Middleton comes back altered, he wont lose much offensively and he will remain an elite defender, it just wont come at the 2 IMO. Guys that tall who can defend 2-4 dont tend to retain that ability very long and thats without injury. Thats subjective tho, like PG used to be a SG but now I think hes a full blown SF and while he could without a doubt excel as a 2, you just get the feeling its no longer his best position.

Bucks actually signed some really good shooters this offseason. They're already planning on spacing the floor to let Giannis dominate on his attacks to the paint. Losing KM was tough but we also get to see Parker get more shots in.

beasted86
09-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Sucks. Nobody else on the Bucks had a consistent outside shot at a decently high volume. The lane is going to be completely clogged.

kdspurman
09-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Danny Green would be a great Buck. I mentioned that on reddit before the Middleton injury. the team could switch on every screen and have the floor spreading needed for Giannis to break defenses. he'd be the perfect replacement right now. I'd offer some kind of MCW/Monroe package for a Green package if I were the Bucks and if I thought Pop was even slightly interested. Bucks are a team of all talent and no fit, they need to go get the fit guys, and this Middleton injury gives a great excuse to get it started now.

I can't see Pop wanting that, Green/Kawhi are 1 of the best perimeter defensive units. Plus adding Monroe when already adding Pau/Dedmon/Lee, I just don't see it.

I agree though, Green would be a really nice replacement. I just doubt Pop and Co. Even entertain that thought this summer.

When I heard they were looking at offers, I'll be honest Beasley was not a guy I thought of lol

FlashBolt
09-23-2016, 12:33 AM
Sucks. Nobody else on the Bucks had a consistent outside shot at a decently high volume. The lane is going to be completely clogged.

1) Delly was one of the best catch-and-shoot players last season. He's definitely going to get some shots. 40% shooting for career.
2) Signed Novak.
3) Signed Terry.
4) Signed Tele. (One of the best shooters out there).

So to answer your question, they have been loading up on shooters this offseason. All of them are consistent enough to be a threat.

FlashBolt
09-23-2016, 12:35 AM
I can't see Pop wanting that, Green/Kawhi are 1 of the best perimeter defensive units. Plus adding Monroe when already adding Pau/Dedmon/Lee, I just don't see it.

I agree though, Green would be a really nice replacement. I just doubt Pop and Co. Even entertain that thought this summer.

When I heard they were looking at offers, I'll be honest Beasley was not a guy I thought of lol
He'll help them score. Easily a 15 points per game scorer if he was a third/fourth option. Think he'll be good off the bench for Parker. Bucks should climb up offensively next season. Defense will probably be worse, though.

kdspurman
09-23-2016, 08:25 AM
He'll help them score. Easily a 15 points per game scorer if he was a third/fourth option. Think he'll be good off the bench for Parker. Bucks should climb up offensively next season. Defense will probably be worse, though.

With Mills there too, idk how that would work, unless he played the 2. But yea, with Duncan gone, having elite perimeter defense is a must since the interior took a hit.

Giannis94
09-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Giannis will cover his production. Giannis for MVP. Giannis also has as many rings as Durant and Melo combined- yet not in the same covnersation with them. WTF is wrong with you people

tp13baby
09-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Denver has pieces they could deal too. A lot of wings/sg's.

FlashBolt
09-23-2016, 01:08 PM
With Mills there too, idk how that would work, unless he played the 2. But yea, with Duncan gone, having elite perimeter defense is a must since the interior took a hit.

Haha, i was actually talking about Beasley in the Bucks subbing in for Jabari Parker lol

kdspurman
09-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Haha, i was actually talking about Beasley in the Bucks subbing in for Jabari Parker lol

:laugh2: I thought you were referring to the trade Bruno said the Bucks should try and make with the Spurs.

Yea I agree with you though. Maybe they'll make an additional move (s) as well

Chronz
09-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Beasley had a good stint in Houston from China. Maybe hes turned the corner and can be a consistent contributor now

cmellofan15
09-23-2016, 01:52 PM
saw this one coming from a mile away. I got drafted by the bucks in mycareer on 2k17 and middleton got caught with a season ending injury a few weeks into the season.

tredigs
09-23-2016, 02:05 PM

I would say that this is a tough sell when talking about a team who lost A) Their #1 option and B) Their two best floor spacers (Middleton + Jerryd Bayless). When we're mentioning guys like Novak as part of the replacement squad (a player who gets 4-6 mpg and likely will not be in the league next year) or Jason Terry (a player pushing 40 who as we saw in the playoffs, is simply done in this league as a contributing player), we're in trouble. Beasely is an ISO heavy player without a 3pt shot, so again that is not going to help them improve offensively over what they had. All are horrible defensively. So that leaves Delly? Yeah, I mean I'll stick with Middleton over all of them combined without question.

That said, it WOULD be hard for their offense to get worse than their 26th rank from last season, but I truly see little path that it gets better save for dramatic improvements out of Jabari and Giannis (not out of the question). The continuity loss alone will be tough for them to overcome.

Chronz
09-23-2016, 04:09 PM
I would say that this is a tough sell when talking about a team who lost A) Their #1 option and B) Their two best floor spacers (Middleton + Jerryd Bayless). When we're mentioning guys like Novak as part of the replacement squad (a player who gets 4-6 mpg and likely will not be in the league next year) or Jason Terry (a player pushing 40 who as we saw in the playoffs, is simply done in this league as a contributing player), we're in trouble. Beasely is an ISO heavy player without a 3pt shot, so again that is not going to help them improve offensively over what they had. All are horrible defensively. So that leaves Delly? Yeah, I mean I'll stick with Middleton over all of them combined without question.

That said, it WOULD be hard for their offense to get worse than their 26th rank from last season, but I truly see little path that it gets better save for dramatic improvements out of Jabari and Giannis (not out of the question). The continuity loss alone will be tough for them to overcome.
Yeah, improving upon such a horrible showing isn't hard but without your best offensive player, theres leaps to be taken for that to happen. My money is on them failing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-23-2016, 07:25 PM
Beasley plays no D. Cancer in locker room. Pot head. Had a bag of weed on coffee table in the public like rookie season or once traded to Wolves in selfie. Total Knuckle head. Only bright side is I guess his contract not guaranteed. Cause I know if we trade Moose his contract is $17M so that's like 2 players minimum coming back. Beasley could get waived. This looks like a tank move.