PDA

View Full Version : Starting from Scratch: MJ or Hakeem?

JasonJohnHorn
09-14-2016, 11:25 PM
It is 2017 and the draft features MJ and Hakeem. Both players will have the game they had when they played, which means Jordan will be an average 3pt shooter at best.

Who do you take assuming you get them both for 15 years.

ball4reel
09-14-2016, 11:50 PM
As great as the dream was, you still have to take the Goat.

JordansBulls
09-15-2016, 12:19 AM
MJ for sure. Better statistically, more dominant and also will bring much more revenue to your franchise.

europagnpilgrim
09-15-2016, 12:31 AM
Nike Air Jordan

Chronz
09-15-2016, 01:36 AM
Which position is stronger today, C or G?

Heediot
09-15-2016, 10:41 AM
Give players 2-3 years and adjustments can be made to 3 point shooting distance. It's all about how much work you put in to adapt. Guys develop jump shots and longer range all the time with reps and experience. I don't necessarily agree with your 3 point argument, but it has it's validity.

Giannis94
09-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Giannis.

Ebbs
09-15-2016, 11:17 AM
I voted Dream so MJ Bulls will never forget my name.

JasonJohnHorn
09-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Give players 2-3 years and adjustments can be made to 3 point shooting distance. It's all about how much work you put in to adapt. Guys develop jump shots and longer range all the time with reps and experience. I don't necessarily agree with your 3 point argument, but it has it's validity.

Oh... I wasn't arguing that Jordan wouldn't have a 3-pt shot, just saying that under this condition, the Jordan you get would be the same Jordan from the 90's and that would be a hole in his game. That was more to make the choice interesting.

I completely agree... if Jordan were coming up today, he'd have a reliable 3... at least between 35-40%, though likely closer to 35 most seasons.

A lot of players in the past would be great today and just develop their games a little differently. Like Stockton, for instance. He'd take more shots today than he did back them because the 3-ball is so important, where as back in the day, he was always working for the high percentage 2 on the P&R.

Giannis94
09-15-2016, 10:57 PM
I voted Dream so MJ Bulls will never forget my name.

Bruh do you even watch basketball? If you did you would know than Giannis>Both these fools listed in the pole

basch152
09-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Well i mean, who would realistically be able to guard hakeem today? He made robinson look like a fool, hakeem would feast in players today.

Phantom Dreamer
09-16-2016, 09:14 PM
For both basketball and business reasons, you choose Jordan.

ewing
09-16-2016, 09:45 PM
really?

nastynice
09-17-2016, 06:33 AM
I take Hakeem, would love to see what I could build around him. Not to mention, I'm kinda assuming he'd just be killing everyone in the paint

IKnowHoops
09-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Jordan pretty easily for me.

Dream would no doubt kill todays NBA.

So would Drob and Shaq. In fact both killed more against the rest of the NBA when they all played.

I like Jordan for the fact that he can start and finish plays. You can't stop him because he gets the ball on the inbound.

In the playoffs, Drob was limited in a big way from lack of even taking shots. You can't stop a guard from shooting because he doesn't need someone to get him the ball in scoring position. big men do. If you have a Jordan, he just can't be stopped. And if you do put mad defense on him, he is a better playmaker/passer than any bigman so he can get others more open shots.

And Jordan was just better in every measure of statistics advanced or otherwise. There are 3-4 Hakeem type players in history, there is only one Jordan. I go with Jordan.